PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama: Medicare is a disaster! Long live Medicare!

patteeu
08-25-2009, 09:54 AM
ROFL

Cognitive Dissonance

Obama, Aug. 11, 2009, Portsmouth, N.H. - "[If] we're able to get something right like Medicare, then there should be a little more confidence that maybe the government can have a role -- not the dominant role, but a role -- in making sure the people are treated fairly when it comes to insurance."

Obama, Aug. 11, 2009, Portsmouth, N.H. - "Medicare and Medicaid are on an unsustainable path. Medicare is slated to go into the red in about eight to 10 years. I don't know if people are aware of that. If I was a senior citizen, the thing I'd be worried about right now is Medicare starts running out of money because we haven't done anything to make sure that we're getting a good bang for our buck when it comes to health care.

Same day, same event, same guy (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/08/obama-healthcare-transcript-new-hampshire.html). Flexibility.

Hat tip to Taco John and Mark Steyn (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212383)

patteeu
08-25-2009, 09:55 AM
http://www.traditionalvalues.org/workfiles/01222009/web-edna.jpg

Donger
08-25-2009, 09:55 AM
LMAO

RINGLEADER
08-25-2009, 09:56 AM
You Nazi bastards.....why do you want to kill poor children?????

thecoffeeguy
08-25-2009, 10:08 AM
ROFL

mlyonsd
08-25-2009, 11:38 AM
This guy is starting to make me dizzy.

orange
08-25-2009, 11:51 AM
So in an event where the central theme is "we have to change Medicare's path" you find it remarkable that he says the current path has to be changed.

Cognitive Dissonance indeed.

RINGLEADER
08-25-2009, 12:07 PM
So in an event where the central theme is "we have to change Medicare's path" you find it remarkable that he says the current path has to be changed.

"Already we've estimated that two-thirds of the cost of reform can be paid for by reallocating money that is simply being wasted in federal health care programs." - Barack Obama, July 22, 2009

"Medicare is a terrific program and it gives our seniors security. And I want Medicare to be there for the next generation, not just for this generation. But if we don't make some changes in how the delivery system works, if we don't eliminate some of the waste and inefficiencies in the system, then seniors are really going to be vulnerable." - Barack Obama, August 17, 2009

Do we really have to keep going? Obama looks like a fool when he talks about Obamacare...

Chocolate Hog
08-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Obama sounds alot like Bush

***SPRAYER
08-25-2009, 05:32 PM

Keep sucking that tootsie roll. Maybe one day B.O. will give you a reach around while he's puncturing your balloon knot.

Saul Good
08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
The death penalty is great. We execute 10,000 innocent people by mistake each year. /Obama logic

Direckshun
08-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Well clearly pat is engaged in an exercise to see if he can out-Hannity Hannity.

Snip two quotes, pretend there's no grey area or way to reconcile them by clouding out all the context around them to explain how they may both be accurate, laugh at the straw-Obama you've created, and repeat.

RINGLEADER
08-26-2009, 06:16 AM
I love the medicare argument that the Dems use. Watching the Howard Dean press confer -- , er, I mean town hall meeting illustrated this perfectly. The guy asks who the "experts" are that the Dems frequently cite as the reason for Obamacare and instead Howard Dean asks the audience if they want to get rid of Medicare.

:shake:

Like one has anything to do with the other. Except to illustrate that the government doesn't know what it's doing.

wild1
08-26-2009, 06:21 AM
I love the medicare argument that the Dems use. Watching the Howard Dean press confer -- , er, I mean town hall meeting illustrated this perfectly. The guy asks who the "experts" are that the Dems frequently cite as the reason for Obamacare and instead Howard Dean asks the audience if they want to get rid of Medicare.

:shake:

Like one has anything to do with the other. Except to illustrate that the government doesn't know what it's doing.

It reminds me of Watergate in the sense that a reporter would ask Nixon's press secretary a direct, yes or no question, and he would reply with something like "Your sources are a fountain of misinformation".

***SPRAYER
08-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Paw me a double Chivas. Errrrrrrrrrah.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
"Already we've estimated that two-thirds of the cost of reform can be paid for by reallocating money that is simply being wasted in federal health care programs." - Barack Obama, July 22, 2009

"Medicare is a terrific program and it gives our seniors security. And I want Medicare to be there for the next generation, not just for this generation. But if we don't make some changes in how the delivery system works, if we don't eliminate some of the waste and inefficiencies in the system, then seniors are really going to be vulnerable." - Barack Obama, August 17, 2009

Do we really have to keep going? Obama looks like a fool when he talks about Obamacare...

See what he's saying is the seniors are the waste that need to be eliminated. One has to decode Newspeak of today's politicians.