PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs jacksonville

angelo
08-25-2009, 12:44 PM
I just got tickets and a hotel room comped for the for the November 8th game.
Anyone been to Jacksonville.

Ang

seclark
08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
I just got tickets and a hotel room comped for the for the November 8th game.
Anyone been to Jacksonville.

Ang

yes?
brother and his family live there. not very familiar w/driving though.
sec

wild1
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Traffic's awful. That's about all I can tell you.

Mojo Jojo
08-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Been there many, many times on business. Been to a lot of games. Our company owns Season Tickets there. What do you want to know?

angelo
08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
Been there many, many times on business. Been to a lot of games. Our company owns Season Tickets there. What do you want to know?

Where is a good place to eat.

Do they hassle opposing fans.

Ang

P.S.
We are flying in on Sat and Flying out Sunday Night

Mojo Jojo
08-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Where is a good place to eat.

Do they hassle opposing fans.

Ang

P.S.
We are flying in on Sat and Flying out Sunday Night

Where are you staying? Downtown? What are you looking for in a restaurant? High end, casual, family, sports bar?

Usually their fans are cool to opposing fans except Indy and Tennessee. Be sure to have a jacket or rain gear. At some point during the day you will get hammered with rain. FYI they have the best flyovers in the NFL. Planes come in low and loud. It's cool to have a NAS JAX just down the river.

Are you flying Delta? I use to catch the last flight I think around 7:00 on Sunday evenings. Makes for a long day.

angelo
08-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Where are you staying? Downtown? What are you looking for in a restaurant? High end, casual, family, sports bar?

Usually their fans are cool to opposing fans except Indy and Tennessee. Be sure to have a jacket or rain gear. At some point during the day you will get hammered with rain. FYI they have the best flyovers in the NFL. Planes come in low and loud. It's cool to have a NAS JAX just down the river.

Are you flying Delta? I use to catch the last flight I think around 7:00 on Sunday evenings. Makes for a long day.

Hyatt Downtown.

As far as dining just good food nothing high-end though.

Not sure on flight wife booked it.

Thanks for the tips.

Ang

Mojo Jojo
08-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Hyatt Downtown.

As far as dining just good food nothing high-end though.

Not sure on flight wife booked it.

Thanks for the tips.

Ang

Nice hotel. That is where I always stay so, here is my scoop:

You are two blocks from "The Landing". A few restaurants (like a Hooters and a Japanese Steakhouse) and night clubs. A place I like to go to is River City Brewing Company. It is just across the river from the hotel. Good food, good beer and a great view of the city. It is middle to upper middle price. They do have a web site. Other than that you need to start moving out of downtown.

There is a Ruth's Cris just across the river. Same as it is in KC. I have found the concierge at the Hyatt to always be very helpful, so just ask. The Hyatt is usually the team hotel for visiting teams, so hanging in the lobby you will most likely see Chiefs players, coaches, broadcasters. There is a sports bar in the lobby called "Jaxx". Good guess you will run into Mitch or Len there.

Check to see when Florida or FSU are playing. There are a lot of bars/restaurants down at Jax beach where fans gather to watch. I'm not a fan of either team, but have had a blast sitting with the fans eating oysters, drinking beer and watching football. Jax Beach is about a 30/40 minute drive from downtown, and is next to the ocean.

Don't know what you and the wife are looking for in nightlife, but the clubs away from "The Landing" are better than the one's at the landing. Several are within walking distance.

KC Dan
08-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Nice hotel. That is where I always stay so, here is my scoop:

You are two blocks from "The Landing". A few restaurants (like a Hooters and a Japanese Steakhouse) and night clubs. A place I like to go to is River City Brewing Company. It is just across the river from the hotel. Good food, good beer and a great view of the city. It is middle to upper middle price. They do have a web site. Other than that you need to start moving out of downtown.

Jax Beach is about a 30/40 minute drive from downtown, and is next to the ocean.

Don't know what you and the wife are looking for in nightlife, but the clubs away from "The Landing" are better than the one's at the landing. Several are within walking distance.
This exactly! My wife's twin lives there and we visited last summer. Great time.

MahiMike
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
I live in Jax. It's a cool town. No worries about wearing your Chiefs jersey. There are plenty of Chiefs fans here. I would suggest staying at the beach. There are tons of great restaurants there and it's about 30 mins from the stadium (if you get there 2 hrs before game time). PM me if you wanna tailgate. I'll be going with my son.

Sully
08-25-2009, 07:38 PM
I wasn't a fan of the stadium, at all. Seemed like I was a mile from the field.
Fans were decent during the game, but once they won, the majority of those walking to the parking lot around us were "Raider" abusive. Took a lot not to get into a fight.

CosmicPal
08-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Never been, but I do know it's a pretty cool song by Sufjan Stevens.

DaKCMan AP
08-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I went to the Chiefs/Jags game in 2003. The Jags fans were very cordial and polite. Hell, some of them invited us to their tailgate and offered us food.

I went to the Florida/Georgia game in 2006. Stayed near UNF. Partied at The Landings.

Going to the Florida/Georgia game this year, the week prior to the Chiefs/Jags game. This time we're staying out at Atlantic Beach. Kind of over the whole The Landings craziness and just want to party with friends (and the gf) while enjoying the beach.

Spott
08-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Traffic's awful. That's about all I can tell you.

This town isn't big enough to have that bad of traffic.

Spott
08-25-2009, 08:05 PM
This time we're staying out at Atlantic Beach. Kind of over the whole The Landings craziness and just want to party with friends (and the gf) while enjoying the beach.

Good choice. The Landing is way too small to have all those people there for the UF/UGA game and the Gator Bowl. There's really not much to do downtown, anyways.

Archie F. Swin
08-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Lived in JVille back in the early 90s. Love me some River City Brewing Co.
Most cities have pigeons downtown, Jacksonville has chickens (or at least they did 15 years ago)

CosmicPal
08-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Welcome to Jacksonville. :thumb:

http://italy.tennis-masters-series.com/images/cheerleader.jpg