PDA

View Full Version : Football Leon Washington, anyone?

Raised On Riots
08-25-2009, 09:52 PM
NY Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum says 'nothing is imminent' in Leon Washington contract talks
by M.A. Mehta/The Star-Ledger
Tuesday August 25, 2009, 6:26 PM
Kathy Willens/Associated Press Leon Washington was the Jets' lone bright spot on offense on Monday night.

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum didn't exactly sound like a man who was going to sign Leon Washington to a new contract anytime soon in a radio interview Tuesday.

Tannenbaum told WFAN 660 AM that "nothing is imminent" on a reworked deal for the explosive running back.

"Leon's a great player," Tannenbaum said. "I expect him to be here a long time. Nothing is imminent, but the lines of communication are open. I expect Leon to be here a long time. And I'm glad he's a Jet."

Asked whether the team was currently negotiating with Washington's agent, Tannenbaum said:

"I wouldn't say right now we are. We've had dialogue in the past. I'm always an optimistic person by nature. So we'll where this thing goes. But I do expect Leon to e here for a long time. We have some challenges with the collective bargaining agreement. But Leon's an important part of what Rex (Ryan), Woody (Johnson) and I believe in."

Washington, who is in the final year of his rookie contract, was the lone bright for the Jets' first-team offense in a 24-23 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night. Washington accounted for 80 of the 121 total yards generated in the first five series with rookie Mark Sanchez taking the snaps.

Washington - who will be a restricted free agent next season due to the uncertainty in the CBA - had 83 total yards (48 rushing yards, 35 receiving yards), including a 19-yard TD catch on Sanchez's final series in the second quarter, last night.

He's making $535,000 this season.

Tannenbaum also left the door open for a possible trade for a No. 2 WR.

"I wouldn't rule anything out at this point," Tannenbaum said. "If we can add a player at the receiver position or a couple other positions, we're going to take a long look at that. We like our team... This time of year unexpected opportunities come along. I want to keep our options open."

STEAL! STEAL! THEFT! BRIBE! COERCE!

KCUnited
08-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Marshall for Washington to complete the stable.

pr_capone
08-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Tannenbaum also left the door open for a possible trade for a No. 2 WR.

Sweet. Devard Darling for Washington straight up.

Sack Battle and Charles or trade them for a pack of hot dogs and a case of beer and we have our #2 and successor to LJ.

Deberg_1990
08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
The biggest steal of all was Washington for Herm.

Raised On Riots
08-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Sweet. Devard Darling for Washington straight up.

Sack Battle and Charles or trade them for a pack of hot dogs and a case of beer and we have our #2 and successor to LJ.

ROFL That'll happen.

DBOSHO
08-25-2009, 10:02 PM
leon cant hold charles' jock

Raised On Riots
08-25-2009, 10:02 PM

Ouch.:doh!:

Raised On Riots
08-25-2009, 10:06 PM
leon cant hold charles' jock

But he CAN hold on to the football. And catch it too!

DBOSHO
08-25-2009, 10:08 PM
But he CAN hold on to the football. And catch it too!

you win this round.

pr_capone
08-25-2009, 10:11 PM
ROFL That'll happen.

Hey... they want a #2 right?

With Bowe back on the first team, DVD is currently at #2 (for now). :)

You are right though... DVD is WAY to valuable.

Chocolate Hog
08-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Washington wants 6 mil per thats not a steal.

Raised On Riots
08-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey... they want a #2 right?

With Bowe back on the first team, DVD is currently at #2 (for now). :)

You are right though... DVD is WAY to valuable.

Let's throw in Thiggy for the deal-sealer!ROFL

pr_capone
08-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Let's throw in Thigpen for the deal-sealer!ROFL

Not Thiggy... I'd be happy to throw in a Battle or Savage though. Perhaps we can sign and trade Edge before he seals the deal with Seattle?

DBOSHO
Let's throw in Thigpen for the deal-sealer!ROFL

dvd, webb, engram, and copper for leon, kris jenkins, and faneca. and their 1st next year

MoreLemonPledge
Because there's really a chance they'll trade him. JFC, RoR, this is bad even for you.

Goldmember
08-25-2009, 10:19 PM

not true, the Chiefs probably would have screwed up that draft pick too

pr_capone
08-25-2009, 10:21 PM

NEVER!

Reerun_KC

We got totally screwed on that trade.

Reerun_KC

Cant argue that, Carl was a disaster on draft day...

Raised On Riots
08-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Because there's really a chance they'll trade him. JFC, RoR, this is bad even for you.

Well, I suppose we could continue a lively discussion about physics with aircraft and exercise equipment, yes?:ZZZ:

Raised On Riots
08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
dvd, webb, engram, and copper for leon, kris jenkins, and faneca. and their 1st next year

The Deal Is Done!

salame
08-26-2009, 02:39 AM
http://www.cornichon.org/archives/German%20cellphones%20make%20you%20gay.JPG