PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues I Like the Pretty Signs the Pro-Health Care Supporters Hold...

RINGLEADER
08-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Although I'm not quite sure why they don't want people to ask legitimate questions about the proposed legislation and how, exactly, it will make health care better or how we can hope to pay for the plan long-term or why we should trust government to administer anything or why Obamacare will suddenly do what no other socialized medical program hasn't been able to accomplish?

But their signs sure are professional...

Duck Dog
08-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Professional signs are a true indicator of grassroots.

acesn8s
08-26-2009, 08:41 AM
This thread is worthless without pics

wild1
08-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Especially the ones that carry the party leader's symbol and are printed on professional stock, in the campaign-standard font and color scheme.

blaise
08-26-2009, 09:31 AM
The outrage over astroturfing slowly dies away.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Professional signs are a true indicator of grassroots.

ROFL Good point!

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Especially the ones that carry the party leader's symbol and are printed on professional stock, in the campaign-standard font and color scheme.

ROFL

patteeu
08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Has our local astroturf sleuth, jAZ, gone into retirement?

blaise
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Has our local astroturf sleuth, jAZ, gone into retirement?

He and orange are awaiting the responses from HuffingtonPost.

Inspector
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
"Do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs"

I'll have that song in my head for the rest of the day now.

"Signs, signs, everywhere you go......"

bluehawkdoc
08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
But their signs sure are professional...

It takes a very steady hand to make these...that's why I recommend legalizing marijuana.

Radar Chief
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
"Do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs"

I'll have that song in my head for the rest of the day now.

"Signs, signs, everywhere you go......"

:cuss:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLm3HMG8IhM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qLm3HMG8IhM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stevieray
08-26-2009, 12:09 PM
reminds me of something someone once said ...We need a civilian force that is just as powerful, just as well funded as our military....

Duck Dog
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
reminds me of something someone once said ...We need a civilian force that is just as powerful, just as well funded as our military....

Would our military turn on the government or the people?

patteeu
08-26-2009, 02:02 PM
He and orange are awaiting the responses from HuffingtonPost.

That is no doubt true of Orange, but jAZ is our human RSS feed for all things TPM.

***SPRAYER
09-25-2009, 07:14 AM
WASHINGTON – In a vote that should send chills up the spine of those satisfied with their current health insurance, Democrats in the Senate Finance Committee today rejected a Republican amendment that would allow Americans to keep their current health care coverage.

Sponsored by U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT), the amendment stated that the implementation of the final health care bill would not take place unless the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) was able to certify before Congress that the legislation would not cause more than 1,000,000 Americans to lose their current coverage.

The amendment was rejected 10-13, with all Republican Senators voting in favor and all Democrats voting against.

Notably, the defeat of the Hatch Amendment comes on the same week that the head of the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO), Douglas Elmendorf, testified before Congress that seniors would see reduced Medicare benefits under the bill currently in the Finance Committee.

It also came on the same day that various media accounts highlighted the Democrats’ defense of the proposed cuts in the popular Medicare Advantage program that so many senior citizens rely upon for their health care.

“It’s inexplicable that the same Democrats who continue to insist that Americans’ current health care coverage will not be affected by the Democrats’ government-run proposal would then turn around and vote against an amendment that would ensure just that,” National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) Amber Wilkerson Marchand said today. “Blanche Lincoln needs to level with her constituents, especially the senior citizens in her state who the head of the CBO said will see deep Medicare cuts in the Democrat proposal: will they get to keep their current health care coverage, and if so, why did she vote against legislation that would ensure such a provision will be included in the final bill?”