PDA

View Full Version : Football AP source: Sanchez chosen Jets' starting QB

Fried Meat Ball!
08-26-2009, 07:59 AM
http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/Story.asp?s=10992539

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) - A person familiar with the decision says rookie Mark Sanchez has been named the New York Jets' starting quarterback.

Sanchez, the fifth overall draft pick out of Southern California, beat out veteran Kellen Clemens with a solid training camp and will be under center for the Jets' season opener at Houston on Sept. 13. The person requested anonymity Wednesday because they were not authorized to discuss the decision.

Read the rest here (http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/Story.asp?s=10992539).

Chiefnj2
08-26-2009, 08:00 AM
The Jets need to find a veteran mentor for Sanchez.

luv
08-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Ohhhh....if only they would start Leon Washington, too. With a rookie QB, I'll bet there's a lot of rushing.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Congrats!

The kid has the brains and talent...

would love to see him turn into a franchise superbowl QB... He was worth the pick for the jets... Very solid move...

KC kid
08-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Talk about a guy not earning a start

Chiefnj2
08-26-2009, 08:47 AM
They will probably start the season 0-5.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2009, 08:56 AM
From what I saw in the last preseaon they didnt look so good.

The Ravens D is no picnic for any QB. Factor in a rookie in his first start and it is going to look ugly.

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 08:59 AM
oh yeah? our qb can back up your qb !

Raised On Riots
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
His Will Be Done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cmMhQxjfg

Chiefnj2
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
The Ravens D is no picnic for any QB. Factor in a rookie in his first start and it is going to look ugly.

The start of the regular season will be tough - Texans, NE, TN, NO and Miami.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Kellen Clemons proves once again that he isn't starting material. Sanchez reminds me of Chad Pennington. And, he was drafted by the same team and beat out the same guy for the starting QB job.

We'll see if he can be any better than solid.

Mr. Krab
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Congrats!

would love to see him turn into a franchise superbowl QB... He was worth the pick for the jets... Very solid move...
Why in the fuck would you want a QB for the Jets to become a franchise superbowl QB? You want the Jets to win the superbowl? Are they like your favorite team now?

Here: http://forums.theganggreen.com/

I hope you and all your NYC buddies will be happy together.

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Congrats!

I agree he seems like a good kid, hopefully they win a couple superbowls with him

Mr. Krab
08-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I agree he seems like a good kid, hopefully they win a couple superbowls with him
Hey yea, maybe they can even knock the Chiefs out of the playoffs on the way to the Superbowl.

i realize you two are just :Poke::Poke: to be dicks but i think you should have to give you your Chiefs fan card anyway.

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey yea, maybe they can even knock the Chiefs out of the playoffs on the way to the Superbowl.

i realize you two are just :Poke::Poke: to be dicks but i think you should have to give you your Chiefs fan card anyway.

I hate the chiefs LMfuck the chiefs. you saw what they did to dennis byrd

Raised On Riots
08-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Why in the fuck would you want a QB for the Jets to become a franchise superbowl QB? You want the Jets to win the superbowl? Are they like your favorite team now?

Listen you little True Fan cock-knocker; I know it's hard for you to comprehend that some of us may love football beyond our own stadium, but running around this board like a whiny little pom-pom toting bitch because we won't assume a position of supplication and sing "PRAISE PIOLI" all fucking day long makes you and your ilk the most retarded, annoying, and utterly fucking useless "addition" to this message board.

Grow up and get a clue for fuck's sake; you're just embarrassing yourself.

CanadaKC
08-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm more interested in the Curry/Tyson Jackson clash this weekend....Sanchez can kiss my ass.

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Listen you little True Fan cock-knocker; I know it's hard for you to comprehend that some of us may love football beyond our own stadium, but running around this board like a whiny little pom-pom toting bitch because we won't assume a position of supplication and sing "PRAISE PIOLI" all fucking day long makes you and your ilk the most retarded, annoying, and utterly fucking useless "addition" to this message board.

Grow up and get a clue for fuck's sake; you're just embarrassing yourself.

why dont you try starting a poll about it

Chiefnj2
08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm more interested in the Curry/Tyson Jackson clash this weekend....Sanchez can kiss my ass.

Curry got more guaranteed money than Jackson so he is already +1.

Pablo
08-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I hope the Jets and Sanchez do abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

I hope the Chiefs win eleventy SB's with Cassel.

Pablo
08-26-2009, 09:33 AM
I hope LT rushes for 1,500 yards this season. I also hope Peyton throws for 4,500 yards. I hope Seymour gets 14 sacks this year.

I only wish the best for opposing players and teams. The NFL is one magical circle jerk with rainbow/puppy/cotton candy jizz.

beach tribe
08-26-2009, 09:37 AM
They are going to RUIN him. Mark my words.

LaChapelle
08-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Set him you fools.

Raised On Riots
08-26-2009, 09:43 AM
why dont you try starting a poll about it

What fucking good would that do for you, SAUTO? You've already proven to me that you don't know how to vote in one.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2009, 09:46 AM
The start of the regular season will be tough - Texans, NE, TN, NO and Miami.

That is a tough stretch.

JASONSAUTO
08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
What fucking good would that do for you, SAUTO? You've already proven to me that you don't know how to vote in one.

what you can see me? you already have proven to everyone you dont know how to MAKE one

doomy3
08-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Listen you little True Fan cock-knocker; I know it's hard for you to comprehend that some of us may love football beyond our own stadium, but running around this board like a whiny little pom-pom toting bitch because we won't assume a position of supplication and sing "PRAISE PIOLI" all ****ing day long makes you and your ilk the most retarded, annoying, and utterly ****ing useless "addition" to this message board.

Grow up and get a clue for ****'s sake; you're just embarrassing yourself.

:spock:

We are CHIEFS fans.

On a CHIEFS message board.

Why anyone would be rooting for the QB of another AFC team, one that no one has ever had any allegiance to, to win the Super Bowl is beyond me.

I don't think that has anything to do with "Singing Pioli's Praise," although you and a few others try to twist everything to fit into that. I think it has to do everything with being a fan of the Chiefs.

Hoping for the Jets to win multiple Super Bowls is absurd, if you are a Chiefs' fan.

Pablo
08-26-2009, 10:24 AM

We are CHIEFS fans.

Why anyone would be rooting for the QB of another AFC team, one that no one has ever had any allegiance to, to win the Super Bowl is beyond me.

I don't think that has anything to do with "Singing Pioli's Praise," although you and a few others try to twist everything to fit into that. I think it has to do everything with being a fan of the Chiefs.

Hoping for the Jets to win multiple Super Bowls is absurd, if you are a Chiefs' fan.There's a definite truthi-ness to THIS.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:28 AM

Why would I sit here on my Chiefs High horse with the rest of the true fans and not want a player who has the NFL potential to be great fail?

We have people here talking Thigpen, while they have a true shot at a franchise QB...

Has nothing to do with being a Chiefs fan, it is about being a NFL fan...

Pablo
08-26-2009, 10:28 AM
The fucking sportscaster on ESPN keeps calling him Mark Saun-chez. Drives me fucking crazy...it could be the proper way to pronounce his name; but it still irks me.

Pablo
08-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Why would I sit here on my Chiefs High horse with the rest of the true fans and not want a player who has the NFL potential to be great fail?

We have people here talking Thigpen, while they have a true shot at a franchise QB...

Has nothing to do with being a Chiefs fan, it is about being a NFL fan...Bull fucking shit. It's all sour grapes from the draft. Why aren't there numerous Stafford threads? Why not any Ryan threads? They both stand to be great QB's in the NFL...and they don't even play in the AFC, so rooting for them wouldn't really affect the Chiefs one way or another.

doomy3
08-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Bull ****ing shit. It's all sour grapes from the draft. Why aren't there numerous Stafford threads? Why not any Ryan threads? They both stand to be great QB's in the NFL...and they don't even play in the AFC, so rooting for them wouldn't really affect the Chiefs one way or another.

There's a definite truthi-ness to THIS.

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Whoa I made my band name Mark Sanchez on rockband and it unlocked all the songs

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:32 AM

We are CHIEFS fans.

Hoping for the Jets to win multiple Super Bowls is absurd, if you are a Chiefs' fan.

Hey I hope the Chiefs win many superbowls as well, but I am not going to stand on my True Fan High horse and burry my head in the sand. Just because we didnt draft Him or True Fans thought he wasnt worth the pick. blah blah blah....

I like the kid and the tools he has to succeed in the NFL... I will keep my Chiefs fan card and if you dont like that... Then Get over it, it happens, its called life.... /:D

Pablo
08-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Whoa I made my band name Mark Sanchez on rockband and it unlocked all the songsFuckin ace.

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 10:33 AM
We drafted tyson jackson
tyson fucking jackson

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Bull fucking shit. It's all sour grapes from the draft. Why aren't there numerous Stafford threads? Why not any Ryan threads? They both stand to be great QB's in the NFL...and they don't even play in the AFC, so rooting for them wouldn't really affect the Chiefs one way or another.

Your right. I enjoyed watching Ryan progress last year... Dude is going to be solid and wouldnt be surprised if he leads a team to the superbowl..

Stafford has everything you can ask for. Its going to be fun watching him grow and lead his team...

IT has nothing to do with my being a fan of the Chiefs.... It is called being a fan of the NFL....

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 10:34 AM
ok if you choose Mark Sanchez as your band name on rockband. It defaults to "we are the champions"

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
There's a definite truthi-ness to THIS.

Its okay peeps....

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
ok if you choose Mark Sanchez as your band name on rockband. It defaults to "we are the champions"

ROFL

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
if you type in sanchez while watching passion of the christ the jews stop beating jesus (for awhile....)

Mr. Krab

I want every player not on the Chiefs to fail miserably unless they become a Chief.

This is just strictly lame bullshit leftover from the draft and you're a lying piece of shit if you try and suggest otherwise.

Pablo
if you type in sanchez while watching passion of the christ the jews stop beating jesus (for awhile....)Ahahaha...I usually try to contribute in some way...but this is just the best ever.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
if you type in sanchez while watching passion of the christ the jews stop beating jesus (for awhile....)

I think I want to put my laptop down, just incase you get struck by lightening....

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
holy shit type in Mark Sanchez while watching 3 men in a little baby and he pops up in the window instead of that dead kid!

KCUnited
08-26-2009, 10:38 AM
The ****ing sportscaster on ESPN keeps calling him Mark Saun-chez. Drives me ****ing crazy...it could be the proper way to pronounce his name; but it still irks me.
It means without cheese in american.

Inspector
I wonder if anyone here wanted him to be drafted by the Chiefs?

Just curious.

:)

Basileus777
I wanted to draft Sanchez, but now I hope he is fucking awful. I could never root for someone who plays for the Jets.

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
alright seriously I just typed in sanchez while watching police academy 3 and he joined in on the boat chase at the end

Pestilence
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I want every player not on the Chiefs to fail miserably unless they become a Chief.

This is just strictly lame bullshit leftover from the draft and you're a lying piece of shit if you try and suggest otherwise.

Ummmmm.....no. People can be fans of other players on other teams dipshit. The NFL doesn't have to be this "I love my team and every other team can fucking die" place. There are other teams that I enjoy watching and other players I would like to succeed. It doesn't mean that I'm not a diehard Chiefs fan.

doomy3
Hey I hope the Chiefs win many superbowls as well, but I am not going to stand on my True Fan High horse and burry my head in the sand. Just because we didnt draft Him or True Fans thought he wasnt worth the pick. blah blah blah....

I like the kid and the tools he has to succeed in the NFL... I will keep my Chiefs fan card and if you dont like that... Then Get over it, it happens, its called life.... /:D

It must be hard trying to find someone to take the place of Herm to fill your post count repeating the same thing every post.

Glad this "True Fans" thing came along for you.

I have no fucking clue what True Fan High Horse you are talking about, but it is hysterical to see you put words in "Chiefs' fans" mouths like talking about how people want Thigpen, etc. I have seen only a handful of people on this entire board clamor for Thigpen, but of course that is what you will use to generalize the rest of the board/fans.

I hope all the great young QBs win multiple Super Bowls. I can't wait until Sanchez, Stafford, Ryan, Rivers, Cutler, and Flacco all win mutiple bowls. Hopefully Russell can even turn it around and play to his potential! And hopefully Roethlisberger can win a few more!! I only hope these things because I am a fan of the NFL.

Reerun_KC

Actually, You have zero clue there jr....

It has nothing to do with the draft, FA or anything otherwise....

Pestilence
08-26-2009, 10:42 AM
So let me get this straight....people who follow college football automatically start hating the players who played on their team.....and then didn't get drafted by the Chiefs?

Demonpenz
I just paused memphis belle and I'll be damned if sanchez isn't the tail gunner of the B-17 yankee pride

Raised On Riots

And lets add to that; what is the title of this thread? WHAT'S THE FUCKING TOPIC?!?!

If no other teams are of interest to you besides the Chiefs, then WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD?

I'll tell you what; you're coming around solely for the purpose of PARADING YOUR TRUE FAN DUMBASSERY, THAT'S WHAT!

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:43 AM
It must be hard trying to find someone to take the place of Herm to fill your post count repeating the same thing every post.

I have no fucking clue what True Fan High Horse you are talking about, but it is hysterical to see you put words in "Chiefs' fans" mouths like talking about how people want Thigpen, etc. I have seen only a handful of people on this entire board clamor for Thigpen, but of course that is what you will use to generalize the rest of the board/fans.

I hope all the great young QBs win multiple Super Bowls. I can't wait until Sanchez, Stafford, Ryan, Rivers, Cutler, and Flacco all win mutiple bowls. Hopefully Russell can even turn it around and play to his potential! And hopefully Roethlisberger can win a few more!! I only hope these things because I am a fan of the NFL.

Just as you generalize my fan status for enjoying the NFL and the players that play in the league...

Your sitting here telling me that I and not a fan of the Chiefs because I watch other players and enjoy watching them preform or succeed... Then you try and tell me I am just bullshitting because of the draft?

Dude get real...

Yes, I am generalizing you with the True Fan bullshit, for the same reason you are questioning my freedom to enjoy the NFL... Its all bullshit and you know it Doomy.

Demonpenz
type in sanchez in on excitebike and you never over heat

Reerun_KC
So let me get this straight....people who follow college football automatically start hating the players who played on their team.....and then didn't get drafted by the Chiefs?

What it looks like to me?

doomy3

I think there is a huge difference between following them, and hoping they win multiple Super Bowls, when they play in our conference.

Also, most people on this board didn't start "following" Sanchez until the Rose Bowl/draft talk.

Pablo
08-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Ummmmm.....no. People can be fans of other players on other teams dipshit. The NFL doesn't have to be this "I love my team and every other team can ****ing die" place. There are other teams that I enjoy watching and other players I would like to succeed. It doesn't mean that I'm not a diehard Chiefs fan.Yeah, I like watching other teams and certain players; but I sure as shit don't hope the young QB we passed on in the draft goes on to be a perennial Pro-bowler and wins multiple SB's. Call me crazy, I guess.

phillip
Your right. I enjoyed watching Ryan progress last year... Dude is going to be solid and wouldnt be surprised if he leads a team to the superbowl..

Stafford has everything you can ask for. Its going to be fun watching him grow and lead his team...

IT has nothing to do with my being a fan of the Chiefs.... It is called being a fan of the NFL....

Don't kid yourself.

It has zero with you being a fan of the NFL and everything to do with you being a drafturbator and still hung up on the 09 draft. That's why you never mentioned wanting Ryan or Stafford to win superbowls until you were just called out.

You hope Sanchez succeeds because you want to come back in 5 years and annoy the piss out of anyone who will listen by telling them you were right about the 2009 Chiefs draft.

Demonpenz
looking at the liner notes on holy diver...

"Thanks for the tip mark, this album did need more swords"

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:45 AM

If it pisses you off on a daily basis, then it makes it all worth the time and effort to type and post it...

Thanks for noticing and caring Doomy3!

:D

Pablo
08-26-2009, 10:46 AM
type in sanchez in on excitebike and you never over heatBut do you increase your ramp building skills x2?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Don't kid yourself.

It has zero with you being a fan of the NFL and everything to do with you being a drafturbator and still hung up on the 09 draft. That's why you never mentioned wanting Ryan or Stafford to win superbowls until you were just called out.

You hope Sanchez succeeds because you want to come back in 5 years and annoy the piss out of anyone who will listen by telling them you were right about the 2009 Chiefs draft.

You might want to go back and check through my 20000+ posts and look for some evidence before you post that...

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
per wiki

Tango and Cash was losely based on Jets Qb Mark Sanchez

Pablo
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Don't kid yourself.

You hope Sanchez succeeds because you want to come back in 5 years and annoy the piss out of anyone who will listen by telling them you were right about the 2009 Chiefs draft.To quote UP: p much.

doomy3
08-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Just as you generalize my fan status for enjoying the NFL and the players that play in the league...

Your sitting here telling me that I and not a fan of the Chiefs because I watch other players and enjoy watching them preform or succeed... Then you try and tell me I am just bullshitting because of the draft?

Dude get real...

Yes, I am generalizing you with the True Fan bullshit, for the same reason you are questioning my freedom to enjoy the NFL... Its all bullshit and you know it Doomy.

OK, I'll try to correct all the grammatical and spelling errors to make sense of this post.

I have no idea what generalizations I made about you, or your fandom.

I simply stated that I don't understand how anyone can actively root for a player on another team to win multiple Super Bowls when they are a fan of a team in the same conference. I seriously don't get that. I have not said anything about hoping the kid fails, or anything of the sort. I just won't be wishing he wins multiple Bowls. And I will also be cheering on our QB to outperform him. Will you?

Honest question, when did you start "following" Sanchez, and when did you become a fan of his?

Reerun_KC
I think there is a huge difference between following them, and hoping they win multiple Super Bowls, when they play in our conference.

Also, most people on this board didn't start "following" Sanchez until the Rose Bowl/draft talk.

So is it wrong to say I want Mark Castle to succeed and win multiple superbowls in the NFL?

Inspector
And lets add to that; what is the title of this thread? WHAT'S THE ****ING TOPIC?!?!

If no other teams are of interest to you besides the Chiefs, then WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD?

I'll tell you what; you're coming around solely for the purpose of PARADING YOUR TRUE FAN DUMBASSERY, THAT'S WHAT!

Are you angry?

Raised On Riots

ROFL Penz is on FI-YA!

Pablo
I sure hope that Knowshon Moreno pans out in the league. Dude shredded the SEC and ran with serious heart. Can't wait to watch him in a SB.

Demonpenz
hmmmm just played tetris, type in sanchez and you get no "z" blocks

doomy3
08-26-2009, 10:49 AM
If it pisses you off on a daily basis, then it makes it all worth the time and effort to type and post it...

Thanks for noticing and caring Doomy3!

Actually I could care less about that. I think it is only slightly more intelligent than most of your posts.

Raised On Riots
Are you angry?

Not at you, cutie.

Demonpenz
sanchez just tackled bo jackson in tecmo bowl

Raised On Riots
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
I sure hope that Knowshon Moreno pans out in the league. Dude shredded the SEC and ran with serious heart. Can't wait to watch him in a SB.

Than an awesome example because as you well know, we all LOVE Denver around these parts!

Can I get some salt and pepper with that weak-sauce please?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
OK, I'll try to correct all the grammatical and spelling errors to make sense of this post.

I have no idea what generalizations I made about you, or your fandom.

I simply stated that I don't understand how anyone can actively root for a player on another team to win multiple Super Bowls when they are a fan of a team in the same conference. I seriously don't get that. I have not said anything about hoping the kid fails, or anything of the sort. I just won't be wishing he wins multiple Bowls. And I will also be cheering on our QB to outperform him. Will you?

Honest question, when did you start "following" Sanchez, and when did you become a fan of his?

I started following/keeping tabs and watching most USC games when Pete Carroll arrived over there. Liked what he was doing out there and became a casual fan. I am a die hard Jayhawk. But with FSN networks on the Direct TV, it was easy to catch alot of USC games in the evening. I watched most of USC games over the last few years, Therefore I watched alot of Sanchez. I liked the kid and thought he has a chance to succeed.

So Question. Do you play Fantasy Football?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Actually I could care less about that. I think it is only slightly more intelligent than most of your posts.

The feeling is mutual Doomy3....

Demonpenz
Sanchez slant pass from the grass knoll killed jfk

Brock
No Chiefs fan would ever want anything good to happen to the Jets.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:52 AM

Do you play Fantasy Football?

If so, think about what your saying...

doomy3
I started following/keeping tabs and watching most USC games when Pete Carroll arrived over there. Liked what he was doing out there and became a casual fan. I am a die hard Jayhawk. But with FSN networks on the Direct TV, it was easy to catch alot of USC games in the evening. I watched most of USC games over the last few years, Therefore I watched alot of Sanchez. I liked the kid and thought he has a chance to succeed.

Yeah, I play fantasy football.

Inspector
I root for other teams sometimes.

But only when they are playing against Denver, Oakland or San Diego. I always root for the other AFC West teams to lose.

And I think my rooting helps the other AFC West teams lose, I tell ya what.

Reerun_KC
No Chiefs fan would ever want anything good to happen to the Jets.

Why they gave us Herm? People where thrilled when he arrived...

Pablo
Than an awesome example because as you well know, we all LOVE Denver around these parts!

Can I get some salt and pepper with that weak-sauce please?Newsflash. Sanchez and the Jets will pose more of a threat to the Chiefs in the coming years than Neckbeard and the Donkeys ever could. I don't think there's a chance in hell in like 2 or 3 years when the Chiefs are hopefully playoff contenders we'll be facing Denver. The Jets? Yeah, maybe.

Inspector
08-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Not at you, cutie.

I feel a little uneasy about that.

NTTAWWT mind you.....

doomy3
Do you play Fantasy Football?

If so, think about what your saying...

If you can't see the difference between wanting a player to put up good stats who are on your fantasy football team and rooting on a player to win multiple Super Bowls, then I don't think anyone can help you.

Reerun_KC
Yeah, I play fantasy football.

K! Do you root for your teams players to succeed so you can win your league?

How can you root for players on other teams? What if you have a denver player? Or a NE player?

Demonpenz
I know my friends and I root for the jets and chiefs since the jets made the AFL legit with the win over the colts
JETS JETS JETS JETS

doomy3
08-26-2009, 10:54 AM
K! Do you root for your teams players to succeed so you can win your league?

How can you root for players on other teams? What if you have a denver player? Or a NE player?

Yes, I root for those players to put up good stats. I couldn't care less if their team wins or loses.

Do you understand that?

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
If you can't see the difference between wanting a player to put up good stats who are on your fantasy football team and rooting on a player to win multiple Super Bowls, then I don't think anyone can help you.

I see the difference, and realize that KC isnt going to win the SB each year. Hell I wouldnt care less if the Jets win 2 superbowls in the next 10 years as long as we win 1 in the next 10 years...

Hell I would just like a playoff win...

Reerun_KC
Yes, I root for those players to put up good stats. I couldn't care less if their team wins or loses.

Do you understand that?

Yep Crystal Clear....

Pablo
If you can't see the difference between wanting a player to put up good stats who are on your fantasy football team and rooting on a player to win multiple Super Bowls, then I don't think anyone can help you.That's pretty simple. Last year I was hoping Drew Brees would throw for like 700 yards each game; but I never thought to myself...Self, I sure do love Drew Brees and hope he goes on to win many SB's.

And he plays in the fucking NFC.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 10:56 AM
There were a few people that rode the fence, but nearly everyone had an opinion.

My opinion was that Sanchez will never be a 'great' NFL QB. I think he will be good enough to win a Super Bowl, but never good enough to justify a top five pick on him.

So, we have our lines drawn in the sand. Now, for some, the winds of time will erase those lines and they will go on to draw the lines as favorably as possible.

Personally, without conflict and opinions, BB's would be pretty boring.

Yeah, Rerun is a broken record. And, from what I can tell, he basically finds someone that he respects and repeats what they say. I don't ever see him post something insightful that someone else hasn't said a million times.

But, that being said, he has latched on the pro Sanchez crowd and to his credit, if he's in an inch, he is in a mile.

So, this will be fun over the next five years or so.

I am sure that many that didn't want Sanchez will point out his every failure, and I am sure that those that wanted Sanchez will point out every success.

I will try to keep from making any judgements this year..... unless the kid does great. I rarely see players regress from one year to the next.

So, if he comes out and puts up decent numbers.... then I think it will bode well for his future.

Anyways.... yes, the drafturbators want Sanchez to succeed so they can look right..... because the draft is a crapshoot and they know they will be wrong just as often.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:57 AM
That's pretty simple. Last year I was hoping Drew Brees would throw for like 700 yards each game; but I never thought to myself...Self, I sure do love Drew Brees and hope he goes on to win many SB's.

And he plays in the fucking NFC.

:eek:

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Sanchez can play voot with one stick

Pestilence
08-26-2009, 10:59 AM
There were a few people that rode the fence, but nearly everyone had an opinion.

My opinion was that Sanchez will never be a 'great' NFL QB. I think he will be good enough to win a Super Bowl, but never good enough to justify a top five pick on him.

So, we have our lines drawn in the sand. Now, for some, the winds of time will erase those lines and they will go on to draw the lines as favorably as possible.

Yeah, Rerun is a broken record. And, from what I can tell, he basically finds someone that he respects and repeats what they say. I don't ever see him post something insightful that someone else hasn't said a million times.

But, that being said, he has latched on the pro Sanchez crowd and to his credit, if he's in an inch, he is in a mile.

I am sure that many that didn't want Sanchez will point out his every failure, and I am sure that those that wanted Sanchez will point out every success.

I will try to keep from making any judgements this year..... unless the kid does great. I rarely see players regress from one year to the next.

So, if he comes out and puts up decent numbers.... then I think it will bode well for his future.

Anyways.... yes, the drafturbators want Sanchez to succeed so they can look right..... because the draft is a crapshoot and they know they will be wrong just as often.

Suck it True Fan.

ZootedGranny
08-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Sanchez can play voot with one stick

Hahahahahaha

Pablo
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
My FF League players hold statistical value to me. I care about their stats. That's all. I don't get attached to the players and love them and follow them like I do Chiefs players. I just want them to put up numbers. I don't care if my QB wins or loses as long as he throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's. He can lose 70-21, but as long as his stats are good; I don't give a damn.

There's no emotional attachment to my FF players; at all.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM

Just like many want him to fail so they can look right...

So who is right?

Dude and reading your posts have caused me serious nausim time and time again...

Why I took you off ignore I have no idea...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
My FF League players hold statistical value to me. I care about their stats. That's all. I don't get attached to the players and love them and follow them like I do Chiefs players. I just want them to put up numbers. I don't care if my QB wins or loses as long as he throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's. He can lose 70-21, but as long as his stats are good; I don't give a damn.

There's no emotional attachment to my FF players; at all.

This is where we have thread after thread about garbage players...

Remember all the bullshit this place took over the garbage play of Huard?

What kills me about that statement, Is people will defend a guy in a Chiefs jersey with their lives, offer up their kids for sacrifice for these guys, but the minute he is traded or release, The same guy will bash, rip and cut him to pieces a minute later.....

Raised On Riots
08-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Newsflash. Sanchez and the Jets will pose more of a threat to the Chiefs in the coming years than Neckbeard and the Donkeys ever could. I don't think there's a chance in hell in like 2 or 3 years when the Chiefs are hopefully playoff contenders we'll be facing Denver. The Jets? Yeah, maybe.

Okay, one last time( though I know I'm just kidding myself thinking I'll never have to say it again ):

When the Chiefs go to game day, I want to WIN. WIN. WIN.WIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNH!

When we play our opponents, I want them to LOSE. LOSE. LOSE.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSEEE...AH!

Talking football, whether it be the Chiefs, the Jets, or whoever the hell else(and please take special note here), has NO FUCKING BEARING WHATSOEVER ON THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR TEAM.:rolleyes:
NONE!
NADA!
ZIP!
JACK!
SQUAT!

Do you think Mecca, Dane, Reerun, myself and others are some kind of fucking witch-doctors who when we speak of other teams or QB's, we open some sort of mythical fucking portal that brings greatness to our opponents and a pox on the Chiefs?

Is this what you think? Are you THIS SUPERSTITIOUS?!?

doomy3
08-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Okay, one last time( though I know I'm just kidding myself thinking I'll never have to say it again ):

When the Chiefs go to game day, I want to WIN. WIN. WIN.WIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNH!

When we play our opponents, I want them to LOSE. LOSE. LOSE.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSEEE...AH!

Talking football, whether it be the Chiefs, the Jets, or whoever the hell else(and please take special note here), has NO ****ING BEARING WHATSOEVER ON THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR TEAM.:rolleyes:
NONE!
NADA!
ZIP!
JACK!
SQUAT!

Do you think Mecca, Dane, Reerun, myself and others are some kind of ****ing witch-doctors who when we speak of other teams or QB's, we open some sort of mythical ****ing portal that brings greatness to our opponents and a pox on the Chiefs?

Is this what you think? Are you THIS SUPERSTITIOUS?!?

:ZZZ:

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
:ZZZ:

Wake up!

Class has begun...

ROFL

Brock
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Juck the fets.

Demonpenz
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
type in sanchez in total recall and the lady now has 4 boobs

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Add Mark Sanchez to Nutrisystem and lose an extra 10 lbs in 4 weeks...

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Just like many want him to fail so they can look right...

So who is right?

Dude and reading your posts have caused me serious nausim time and time again...

Why I took you off ignore I have no idea...

I think I made that point as well. Heck, I hope he fails because I have been his most ardent opponent.

I don't like him. I think he is a SoCal pretty boy that hasn't had to face adversity and won't handle it when he does. I have made that perfectly clear.

I am 100% on the side against drafting him.

I ride the fence occaisionally, but for the most part, I try to have a strong opinion one way or another.

We all want to be right. Who wants to be wrong?

I also am not pulling for Sanchez to pull a Ryan Leaf just so I can be right. I don't wish an injury on him. I won't sit ther and root against him.

But, yeah, I want him to have an average type of career.

The difference is that you, and ROR want him to win Super Bowls.... just to prove that you were right.

What if he is Trent Dilfer on the Ravens.... does that prove you right?

Heck, if anything, you should hope he is massively successful individually, regardless of championships....

salame
08-26-2009, 11:29 AM
sanchez will be a stud
he is soooo cute

TheGuardian
08-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Where were all of the Sanchez threads last week when the Ravens broke their foot off in his ass????

doomy3
08-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Where were all of the Sanchez threads last week when the Ravens broke their foot off in his ass????

That's what's funny. There weren't any.

See, as much as some of these guys want to make it out to be that the group against drafting Sanchez will be throwing it in everyone's faces if Sanchez fails, I don't think that is the case. Most of those people aren't wrapped up in it one way or the other. We've moved on, and now are busy rooting for our team, and QB to succeed.

BigRedChief
08-26-2009, 11:40 AM
uhhh they may do the same thing to us in week 1.

Pablo
08-26-2009, 11:48 AM
Once again. There's a huge difference in discussing players and/or having a casual interest in another player or team and saying "I want X player to become a great QB and win multiple SB's for X team".

Raised On Riots
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM

There was a thread, you were just too busy whacking it Hanna Montana to notice.

The Chiefs will be BLESSED to make a first-half showing that puts 7 points on the board against that Ravens defense.
You think Lewis made swiss-cheese against the Jets O-line?

Raised On Riots
08-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Once again. There's a huge difference in discussing players and/or having a casual interest in another player or team and saying "I want X player to become a great QB and win multiple SB's for X team".

As long as they're not a division rival or someone we're playing against, or someone we're facing in the playoffs, AFC Championship or Super Bowl, I see no problem in that.

Buehler445
08-26-2009, 12:03 PM

FWIW. Reerun was the first guy I remember hammering on Herm while almost everybody was buying in.

In personal conversations outside of this board, he has pointed out Herm's sucktitude using evidence that I never read here.

He was a broken record about Herm because he HATED him so much. Like seriously hated him, not just hated what he did to the Chiefs, but would probably kick Herm's grandma's knee sideways and throw her in traffic kind of hate.

Maybe I missed some discussion, but I don't remember hearing Reerun comment on Sanchez much. He hasn't been on the board much since Herm was fired.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-26-2009, 12:06 PM
FWIW. Reerun was the first guy I remember hammering on Herm while almost everybody was buying in.

In personal conversations outside of this board, he has pointed out Herm's sucktitude using evidence that I never read here.

He was a broken record about Herm because he HATED him so much. Like seriously hated him, not just hated what he did to the Chiefs, but would probably kick Herm's grandma's knee sideways and throw her in traffic kind of hate.

Maybe I missed some discussion, but I don't remember hearing Reerun comment on Sanchez much. He hasn't been on the board much since Herm was fired.

I have only been here since last year.... if you know him outside of here.... then you are a much better judge than I.

Pablo
08-26-2009, 12:20 PM

Maybe I missed some discussion, but I don't remember hearing Reerun comment on Sanchez much. He hasn't been on the board much since Herm was fired.Is he a broken record in real life as well?

With the uber-hilarious Mark Castle/True Fans bit...

Chiefnj2
08-26-2009, 12:20 PM
There was a thread, you were just too busy whacking it Hanna Montana to notice.

The Chiefs will be BLESSED to make a first-half showing that puts 7 points on the board against that Ravens defense.
You think Lewis made swiss-cheese against the Jets O-line?

If the Ravens don't game plan like a regular season game, and sit Ngata, Reed and Lewis like they did when Sanchez threw his TD pass, then I'm sure KC can put up 7 points.

Raised On Riots
08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
If the Ravens don't game plan like a regular season game, and sit Ngata, Reed and Lewis like they did when Sanchez threw his TD pass, then I'm sure KC can put up 7 points.

LMAO It's relative though. Cassel's experience should override those adversities NO PROBLEM.

Frosty
08-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Only Slade Norris, since he was drafted by the Raiders.

He is dead to me. :harumph:

Buehler445
08-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Is he a broken record in real life as well?

Heh. No. He's never talked to me about that. I'm sure its not as funny in real life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Is he a broken record in real life as well?

PRP... Dont worry, by record player broke along time ago, I am like a MP3 player full of bad songs...:D

I think you missed the sarcasm boat with the Mark Castle phrase... All started when someone got their panties knotted over the spelling of Cassel....

The "true fan" is just like gasoline on a fire, you want to get a thread hoppin, just drop a few "true fan" lines and sit back and watch...

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 02:02 PM
I have only been here since last year.... if you know him outside of here.... then you are a much better judge than I.

:clap:

dont worry, regardless of opinions here, I am one of the biggest Chiefs fans and nicest person you could meet.

Always have an open door for Chiefs fans, alwasy have cold beer and food. Its all good in the neighborhood here buddy...

Raised On Riots
08-27-2009, 12:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81228e75/Sanchez-Dreams-are-coming-true

Head on straight, poised, and ready for the challenge.

beach tribe
08-27-2009, 06:30 AM
I think half the planet has Man love for Sanchez. I can't wait till he busts, and breaks their little OK magazine reading hearts.

beach tribe
08-27-2009, 06:31 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d81228e75/Sanchez-Dreams-are-coming-true

I'll bet you stroked to that.

TheGuardian
08-27-2009, 07:10 AM

Boy you really like swallowing his gravy don't you? What a fucktard you are.

Demonpenz
08-27-2009, 07:55 AM

Thanks for the link, I am going to be rooting for him once cassel is in a body bag

WilliamTheIrish
08-27-2009, 09:26 AM
You might want to go back and check through my 20000+ posts and look for some evidence before you post that...

Never go full Ree_run.

WilliamTheIrish
08-27-2009, 09:28 AM

LMAO

Brock
08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
LMAO

Yes, ridiculous isn't it?

WilliamTheIrish
08-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Yes, ridiculous isn't it?

Yes.

Agent V
08-27-2009, 09:42 AM
I was going to read the arguing, but I just ended up scrolling to all the 'Penz posts.

Raised On Riots
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I'll bet you stroked to that.

Boy you really like swallowing his gravy don't you? What a fucktard you are.

Did you two forget to take your estrogen this morning?

And Guardian, you Ultimate Fucking Retard, the answer is:

Not as much as you enjoy being a dumbass. Dumbass.