PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Teddy not even cold yet & Politics rule

KC Dan
08-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Byrd: Rename Health-Care Reform Bill in Kennedy's Honor

<!-- begin blogger thumbs --><!----><!-- end blogger thumbs -->By Garance Franke-Ruta
Saying, "My heart and soul weeps at the loss of my best friend in the Senate," Sen. Robert C. Byrd (D-W.Va.) called Wednesday for health-care reform legislation currently pending in Congress to be renamed in honor of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, who died Tuesday night at the age of 77. Online activists separately put out similar calls.
"In his honor and as a tribute to his commitment to his ideals, let us stop the shouting and name calling and have a civilized debate on health-care reform which I hope, when legislation has been signed into law, will bear his name for his commitment to insuring the health of every American," Byrd, 91, said in a statement.
"Neither years of age nor years of political combat, nor his illness, diminished the idealism and energy of this talented, imaginative and intelligent man," he added.
As with Kennedy, poor health forced Byrd to spend much of this year outside of the Senate. In Byrd's case, the cause was an unexpectedly long hospitalization that began in mid-May. He was released from the hospital at the end of June (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/2009/06/sen_byrd_released_from_hospita.html).
Byrd's call was echoed with a twist on Facebook, where a San Francisco man proclaiming himself "overwhelmed with grief" started the group "Name the Public Option AFTER Ted Kennedy."
A separate Ted Kennedy fan page on Facebook with an image marking the years of his life, 1932-2009, had 26,546 supporters by shortly after noon today and was growing rapidly.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitol-briefing/2009/08/byrd_rename_health-care_reform.html?hpid=topnews<SCRIPT>var entrycat = ''</SCRIPT>

Donger
08-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Excellent idea. I have no problem with attaching the Kennedy name to this abortion.

Taco John
08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
It would certainly help galvanize resistance if they did that.

Chiefshrink
08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
What did I tell ya!

You watch, the WH and the "communist press" will try to use Teddy's death as a symbolic inspirational sympathetic reason to pass this sh**ty healthscare bill;"Lets focus on Ted and how we should pass this bill for him!

alpha_omega
08-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Call it what you want, just don't pass it!

pikesome
08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Excellent idea. I have no problem with attaching the Kennedy name to this abortion.

Two things I don't like combined... Kinda like an inverse Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

Duck Dog
08-26-2009, 12:46 PM
And to think if our health care were a little better, he may still be alive.

Duck Dog
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM
I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944

ROYC75
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

Ouch !:doh!:

Duck Dog
08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Ouch !:doh!:

He further explains himself.

In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics, but to "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena."[

Oh really? Here we have the former Exalted Cyclops of the KKK, explaining in 1997 that if you want to get into politics stay away from the KKK.

No wonder he and Mr. Manslaughter get along so well. Best friends!

Donger
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Give Byrd a break. Who didn't say crazy things when they were in their 20s?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FIBJt-c2o0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FIBJt-c2o0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>