PDA

View Full Version : FFB: What would you do?

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2009, 03:12 PM
12 team league....we can keep one person from our roster last year but we lose the round that we drafted him in. I'm keeping Matt Forte and losing a 6th round pick. Here is the list of players that are being kept.

QB:

Drew Brees
Kurt Warner
Philip Rivers
Tony Romo
Matt Ryan

RB

Chris Johnson
Maurice Jones-Drew
Adrian Peterson
Steve Slaton

WR

Calvin Johnson

DEF

Steelers D - Yes someone is keeping a defense....but their entire roster sucked complete ass.

So my question is...

I found out that I'm picking 11th in our snake draft. It's more than likely looking like the following people will be gone before I have a chance to pick.

Michael Turner
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Randy Moss
Steven Jackson
LT
DeAngelo Williams

My pick will probably come down to the following players:

Brian Westbrook, Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs, Steve Smith, Clinton Portis and Reggie Wayne.

Who would you take? Anyone else I'm not listing on there that I should look at?

I'm probably going to go either WR/RB or WR/WR with my first two picks. I'm hoping that Aaron Rodgers is going to last till my 3rd or 4th round picks. If not....I'll grab Matt Schaub in the 4th or 5th.

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh....and QBs get 6 points for TDs....which is why so many are being kept and drafted.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Since you're keeping Forte, I'd take Jacobs and then Wayne - then take Schaub and another WR in the 4th/5th.

Mecca
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I'd go Jacobs too, Westbrook is starting to break down.

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2009, 03:34 PM
So Jacobs......in the 1st. I was sort of leaning towards him but I was kind of unsure.

2nd round - If both Steve Smith and Reggie Wayne are there.......you guys are picking Wayne?

Mecca
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
You should have the WR pick narrowed to 4 guys...

Smith, Wayne, Jennings and Roddy White...they are all elite fantasy WR's, it's kind of a take your pick.

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2009, 03:39 PM
You should have the WR pick narrowed to 4 guys...

Smith, Wayne, Jennings and Roddy White...they are all elite fantasy WR's, it's kind of a take your pick.

That's what it's coming down to.

Smith - I don't know if I trust Delhomme.

Wayne - He's got Manning....but I'm not entirely sure how many targets Clark and Gonzales are going to get.

Jennings - He's pretty much one of the only targets on that team. But he isn't really THAT consistent.

White - Gonzo, Jenkins and Turner are going to steal targets as well.

Mecca
08-26-2009, 03:42 PM
White will get a ton of yards but his redzone targets won't be high, Turner got the most red zone carries of any RB in the league last year...

I disagree with your point on Jennings, he was the #4 WR in fantasy points last year he's ascended each year and Rodgers is very well thought of.

Wayne and Smith basically are what they are, they're safe picks.

OnTheWarpath58
08-26-2009, 03:43 PM
That's what it's coming down to.

Smith - I don't know if I trust Delhomme.

Wayne - He's got Manning....but I'm not entirely sure how many targets Clark and Gonzales are going to get.

Jennings - He's pretty much one of the only targets on that team. But he isn't really THAT consistent.

White - Gonzo, Jenkins and Turner are going to steal targets as well.

You're overthinking this.

I agree with your though on SS.

Wayne and Jennings will be high on the target list - they throw the ball all over the yard. I'd be thrilled with either in your position.

White...I'm not 100% sold on for some reason, even though I just took him in a practice mock a few minutes ago.

Mecca
08-26-2009, 03:46 PM
You're overthinking this.

I agree with your though on SS.

Wayne and Jennings will be high on the target list - they throw the ball all over the yard. I'd be thrilled with either in your position.

White...I'm not 100% sold on for some reason, even though I just took him in a practice mock a few minutes ago.

I have a question for you...I get to keep 2 guys, I'm going Brady Turner, but I'm picking 10 out of 12 teams...I've done a practice mock..

When my first pick comes up I can get Greg Jennings or Marion Barber...the problem is if I take Jennings I likely end up with a crap 2nd back...cause if I take Barber Smith or White will come back to me...

So I guess the question is

Go Barber then get Smith or White

Go Jennings then take another WR or a RB

Or well what are you thinking.

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Alright....so I'll be looking for Jacobs in the 1st and then Wayne/Jennings in the 2nd. I'm hoping that if I get Jennings....that Rodgers will be there in the 3rd.

How do you guys feel about Kevin Smith from the Lions?

Mecca
08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Rodgers is a top 5 fantasy QB, if he lasts through that many picks I'll be stunned.

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Rodgers is a top 5 fantasy QB, if he lasts through that many picks I'll be stunned.

The thing is....is that with the keepers......that by the time my pick comes up in the 2nd round.....there are going to be 7 out of 12 teams that already have QBs and no RBs or WRs. So I forsee a run on RBs and WRs in the first 2-3 rounds.

Plus I can always trade up if I feel that he might not fall to my 3rd pick.

Dicky McElephant
08-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh...and a majority of the guys in my league are idiots. They're all Falcons fans....so they all want White, Turner, Ryan, Gonzo, Jenkins....

Sofa King
08-27-2009, 01:21 PM
take jacobs, then look at jennings.... or even rodgers...

Dicky McElephant
08-27-2009, 01:25 PM
take jacobs, then look at jennings.... or even rodgers...

See....this is my thinking. QBs in our league get 6 points for TDs. So....if I have a shot at a top flight WR....take him in the 1st round and then grab Rodgers in the 2nd? Then grab a WR/RB in rounds 3 and 4.

I've already got Forte.....so it's not like I'd be going into the 3rd round without a RB. I'm just not too sure if Rodgers is going to last that long. I don't pick until the bottom of the 3rd round.

Mile High Mania
08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
If you can get Jacobs - that's great. I'd be happy with Wayne, Jennings or White as the next pick (in that order, although Wayne and Jennings are = to me right now).

Mile High Mania
08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I have a question for you...I get to keep 2 guys, I'm going Brady Turner, but I'm picking 10 out of 12 teams...I've done a practice mock..

When my first pick comes up I can get Greg Jennings or Marion Barber...the problem is if I take Jennings I likely end up with a crap 2nd back...cause if I take Barber Smith or White will come back to me...

So I guess the question is

Go Barber then get Smith or White

Go Jennings then take another WR or a RB

Or well what are you thinking.

Is it a PPR league and do you have a flex spot? If it's PPR and flex, I like to get as many top WRs as possible this early in the draft. So, you have your QB and RB.. going WR/WR wouldn't be bad.

Barber is a great one to have, but you can still get nice value in the next 2 rounds if you're able to get 2 top WRs. That's been my plan in recent drafts.

I recently had pick 9 in a 12 team draft, went with AJ and Jennings - then in R3-4, I took Portis and Grant. The keeper aspect will change the dynamics a bit, but you will have good value in R3-4 no matter which way you go.

KCChiefsMan
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM
ya I would go with Jacobs then Wayne. Nice deal on Forte for ya!

doomy3
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I would personally take Gore over Jacobs. Then, I'd take any of Wayne/White/Smith

Dicky McElephant
08-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Does anyone think there is a huge difference between how Rodgers and Schaub will do? I only ask this because I'm not going to get to pick again until late in the 3rd and I'm pretty sure that Rodgers won't make it that far. Yes I could go RB/WR in the first two rounds but would going WR/QB totally fuck over my team?

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Does anyone think there is a huge difference between how Rodgers and Schaub will do? I only ask this because I'm not going to get to pick again until late in the 3rd and I'm pretty sure that Rodgers won't make it that far. Yes I could go RB/WR in the first two rounds but would going WR/QB totally fuck over my team?

Where are you picking again?

Dicky McElephant
08-28-2009, 04:04 PM

The top RBs, QBs and WRs will more than likely be gone before my pick.

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM

The top RBs, QBs and WRs will more than likely be gone before my pick.

Dude, check out mt thread.

I'm on my 6th mock from the 11th spot, and going WR/WR has garnered the best results by far.

Taking Rodgers that early is suicide.

The times I've taken Brady/Moss for the double points, I've been disappointed in my depth.

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Almost every draft, I've gotten some combination of AJ/Fitz/CJ/Moss at 11/14, and have gotten P. Thomas/Lynch/K. Smith/Mcfadden at 35/38.

Mecca
08-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Is it a PPR league and do you have a flex spot? If it's PPR and flex, I like to get as many top WRs as possible this early in the draft. So, you have your QB and RB.. going WR/WR wouldn't be bad.

Barber is a great one to have, but you can still get nice value in the next 2 rounds if you're able to get 2 top WRs. That's been my plan in recent drafts.

I recently had pick 9 in a 12 team draft, went with AJ and Jennings - then in R3-4, I took Portis and Grant. The keeper aspect will change the dynamics a bit, but you will have good value in R3-4 no matter which way you go.

It is not PPR, and I only "have" to start 1 RB, it's 1 RB, 2 WR's and a flex spot.

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Almost every draft, I've gotten some combination of AJ/Fitz/CJ/Moss at 11/14, and have gotten P. Thomas/Lynch/K. Smith/Mcfadden at 35/38.

And in EVERY draft, I've gotten Schaub/Moreno in the 5th/6th.

Until just now.

Got Schaub, but Moreno went early, so I reached a bit for Ray Rice.

Mecca
08-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Eh you'd think Rice would end up with better numbers than Moreno.

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Eh you'd think Rice would end up with better numbers than Moreno.

Yeah, I think I like the way this is turning out better.

AJ
Moss
P. Thomas
Lynch
Schaub
Rice
Hester
Cassel
F. Jackson
L. McCoy

Targeting Shiancoe and Avery in the 11th/12th.

Mecca
08-28-2009, 04:27 PM
If Schuab gets hurt...you have a problem.

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 04:33 PM
If Schuab gets hurt...you have a problem.

Yeah, but I'm not in a position to take anyone different/better.

I guess I could take Cutler, as he plays the Niners on Schaub's bye week, and would be more consistent on a week-to-week basis than Cassel.

Dicky McElephant
08-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Dude, check out mt thread.

I'm on my 6th mock from the 11th spot, and going WR/WR has garnered the best results by far.

Taking Rodgers that early is suicide.

The times I've taken Brady/Moss for the double points, I've been disappointed in my depth.

Alright.....it's going to take some will power...but I'm probably going to go RB/WR or WR/WR in the first two rounds. I'll just hope that either Schaub or Rodgers make it to the 3rd or 4th round.

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Alright.....it's going to take some will power...but I'm probably going to go RB/WR or WR/WR in the first two rounds. I'll just hope that either Schaub or Rodgers make it to the 3rd or 4th round.

I'd be surprised if Rodgers does, he's gone before 30 in every mock I've done.

But Schaub has lasted to the 5th round (59th pick) every time, except the one time a guy was on autopilot and the computer drafted him as Brady's backup.

Dicky McElephant
08-28-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm in the process of doing a mock on ESPN...and I'm picking 8th out of 10 teams. Here are my first 6 rounds.

Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Pierre Thomas
Ryan Grant
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Schaub

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm in the process of doing a mock on ESPN...and I'm picking 8th out of 10 teams. Here are my first 6 rounds.

Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Pierre Thomas
Ryan Grant
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Schaub

Nice.

Dicky McElephant
08-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Here is the rest of it....up until round 13.

Matt Ryan
Donald Brown
Greg Olsen
Giants D
Ted Ginn
Patrick Crayton

Dicky McElephant
08-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Add:

Rashard Mendenhall
Justin Gage

Dicky McElephant
08-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Finished it off with:

Mason Crosby
Sidney Rice

Dicky McElephant
08-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Ok....first two picks are in the books.

Brandon Jacobs
Reggie Wayne

Rodgers went two picks after my 2nd rounder.

Dicky McElephant
08-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Just added:

Dwayne Bowe
Wes Welker

Dicky McElephant
08-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Ughhh.....I'm not really happy with how my team turned out.

QB: Donovan McNabb, Ben Rothelisberger
RB: Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, Jamal Lewis, Donald Brown, Earnest Graham, Michael Bush
WR: Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Jerricho Cotchery, Mark Clayton, Kenny Britt, Brian Hartline
TE: Zach Miller
K: Nate Kaeding
DEF: Cowboys D