PDA

View Full Version : Obama Reichstag Fire Redux

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_13203950?

One of two people suspected of shattering 11 windows Tuesday morning at the state Democratic Party headquarters has an arrest record and a history of helping a Democratic political candidate, public records show.

Police said that about 2:20 a.m., 24-year-old Maurice Schwenkler, now in custody, and an at-large accomplice took a hammer to the picture windows displaying posters touting President Barack Obama and his health care reform efforts.

Early Tuesday, Democratic Party chairwoman Pat Waak said the damage to her building in Denver's art district was a consequence of "an effort on the other side to stir up hate." She tempered her statement after Schwenkler's political history was revealed.

"What I've been saying is there is a lot of rhetoric out there from both sides of the spectrum," Waak said. "That's what's been disturbing to me. People are saying a lot of things not appropriate for civil discourse."

For weeks, people on both sides of the health care debate have rallied across the country.

Schwenkler is charged with criminal mischief and is to make his first appearance in Denver County Court today.

He is accused of doing an estimated $11,000 in damage and could face a felony conviction.

On the last day of the 2008 Republican National Convention, he was charged with misdemeanor unlawful assembly in St. Paul, Minn.

Court records provided through the St. Paul Pioneer Press show he was jailed about 2 a.m.

Schwenkler received $500 in November 2008 to walk door-to-door in support of Democrat Mollie Cullom, who lost her race to Republican state Rep. David Balmer of Centennial.

Waak, who was not involved with the group that paid Schwenkler, said she's never heard of the suspect and pointed out that just because he canvassed "doesn't mean he's a good Democrat."

Schwenkler was one of dozens of paid canvassers bankrolled by the Colorado Citizens' Coalition, a political 527 committee
Schwenkler has worked for Democratic causes. (Denver Police Department )
funded by labor groups and well-known, wealthy liberal donors.

Donger
08-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Reichstagturfing?

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Some liberal is going to stage an assassination attempt on Obama in order to try to frame conservatives. It's inevitable. Conservatives are so dangerous and hateful that liberals must prove it even if it means that they have to carry out acts of racism, vandalism, and terrorism themselves.

wild1
08-26-2009, 03:43 PM
I wondered when their operatives would start doing insane things so they could be made public, as a false flag operation

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I wondered when their operatives would start doing insane things so they could be made public, as a false flag operation

We need to start a false flag thread to keep track of these incidents.

Saggysack
08-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Why does it have to be some liberal conspriracy? I think it is humorous for those to think only liberals have psychos among their ranks. Oh no conservatives, you're just as bat shit crazy as everyone else.

wild1
08-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Why does it have to be some liberal conspriracy? I think it is humorous for those to think only liberals have psychos among their ranks. Oh no conservatives, you're just as bat shit crazy as everyone else.

There's been quite a lot of time passed here, and no right winger has done anything other than show up at townhalls and be angry, do some yelling and screaming maybe. A few have been arrested for being disorderly. If something is slipping my mind, ok, but thus far the opposition has been respectful and non-violent.

And such a false-flag operation would be the only way to get positive publicity for a plan the public hates more the more it's mentioned.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2009, 05:31 PM
How soon before B.O. finds a noose hanging on his door (that he put there himself)?

jAZ
08-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Sounds like an Anarchist T-Bagger taking their rage to the streets.

If Maurice Schwenkler is the same person as "Ariel Attack", it would appear that this was a Transgendered Anarchist attacking the Dems for not being liberal enough.

http://news.infoshop.org/article.php?story=20090825231941576

Anarchist Arrested in Denver
Tuesday, August 25 2009 @ 11:24 PM CDT

Contributed by: Anonymous

Views: 773

Ariel Attack, a Denver-based anarchist, was arrested at 2:27am Tues, 24 here in Denver for allegedly smashing 11 windows of the Democratic Party headquaters at 777 Santa Fe Drive.

As such, Denver BB! and all of her friends and community are calling out hoping to raise the money to at least make bond. Jail is a dangerous place for everyone, but especially trans people, and we make every effort to get our friends and comrades out. We are also asking people to NOT call the jail and potentially out Ariel, which would create a very dangerous situation. Interaction with the jail is being done by people here in Denver in very specific ways to create the maximum amount of safety possible for Ariel.

http://gawker.com/5346241/trans-anarchist-punk-arrested-in-attack-on-democratic-party-hq

And TPM says:

Posts by a writer using the name Ariel Attack have appeared at a site called Queers Against Obama, whose tagline declares that "Obamamania is nothing more than yet another manufactured nationalist frenzy." One post is titled "Obama's War On Queer and Trans Youth."
So here we have a radical queer activist who thinks Obama is waging war on trans youth smashing windows at a Democratic party headquarters. We're not convinced Ariel "meant" for the attack to be blamed on Republicans, which Republicans are already claiming, as it looks like an expression of radical anarchist anger at the capitulating, conservative Democratic party. Or an attempt to spark a revolution! You never know!

jAZ
08-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Early Tuesday, Democratic Party chairwoman Pat Waak said the damage to her building in Denver's art district was a consequence of "an effort on the other side to stir up hate."
That's BS and stupid. You don't say something like that (in the role she has) without knowing the facts. I hope she loses her position as a result.

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
She's more likely to get an invitation for a beer at the White House.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:25 PM
anarchist, some of them anyway, are still better than today's Ds.

***SPRAYER
09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_13203950?

One of two people suspected of shattering 11 windows Tuesday morning at the state Democratic Party headquarters has an arrest record and a history of helping a Democratic political candidate, public records show.

Police said that about 2:20 a.m., 24-year-old Maurice Schwenkler, now in custody, and an at-large accomplice took a hammer to the picture windows displaying posters touting President Barack Obama and his health care reform efforts.

Early Tuesday, Democratic Party chairwoman Pat Waak said the damage to her building in Denver's art district was a consequence of "an effort on the other side to stir up hate." She tempered her statement after Schwenkler's political history was revealed.

"What I've been saying is there is a lot of rhetoric out there from both sides of the spectrum," Waak said. "That's what's been disturbing to me. People are saying a lot of things not appropriate for civil discourse."

For weeks, people on both sides of the health care debate have rallied across the country.

Schwenkler is charged with criminal mischief and is to make his first appearance in Denver County Court today.

He is accused of doing an estimated $11,000 in damage and could face a felony conviction.

On the last day of the 2008 Republican National Convention, he was charged with misdemeanor unlawful assembly in St. Paul, Minn.

Court records provided through the St. Paul Pioneer Press show he was jailed about 2 a.m.

Schwenkler received $500 in November 2008 to walk door-to-door in support of Democrat Mollie Cullom, who lost her race to Republican state Rep. David Balmer of Centennial.

Waak, who was not involved with the group that paid Schwenkler, said she's never heard of the suspect and pointed out that just because he canvassed "doesn't mean he's a good Democrat."

Schwenkler was one of dozens of paid canvassers bankrolled by the Colorado Citizens' Coalition, a political 527 committee
Schwenkler has worked for Democratic causes. (Denver Police Department )
funded by labor groups and well-known, wealthy liberal donors.

That's not the Adam Schwenkler I know.

blaise
09-24-2009, 03:33 PM

I agree it's both sides, but if you've read some of the threads here lately you'd see that some people think the only crazies are there are on the right.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
How soon before B.O. finds a noose hanging on his door (that he put there himself)?

ROFL i'm pretty sure Rahm would be happy to help him out.

SNR
09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds like an Anarchist T-Bagger taking their rage to the streets.

If Maurice Schwenkler is the same person as "Ariel Attack", it would appear that this was a Transgendered Anarchist attacking the Dems for not being liberal enough.

Anarchist, you say? Isn't that from the Noam Chomsky sector of the political beliefs map?

KCWolfman
09-24-2009, 10:42 PM

Ala Gerardo Rivera and his carved swastika on his forehead?