PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Dems better sleep with one eye open

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 06:35 PM
John Ashcroft had a solid lead in his race against Mel Carnahan. Mel Carnahan dies in a plane crash just before the election. The sympathy vote catapults Carnahan to a posthumous victory.

Paul Wellstone dies in a plane crash in the middle of campaign season including his own tight race against Norm Coleman. His funeral is turned into a giant campaign event for the Democrats in order to garner sympathy votes on a national level.

Obamacare is floundering and appears destined to fail despite Direkshun's proclamation that it was Mission Accomplished, The Deal is Done, and Dewey Defeats Truman. Ted Kennedy dies, and the Democrats seize on it to further their agenda before his scotch glass even hits the ground. Suddenly, they are going to name the bill after him and ram it through via the sympathy vote.

When Cap and Trade gets to the Senate, I wouldn't want to be a high-profile Democrat if the vote is in doubt. My money is on Biden having a tragic, but politically beneficial, death right about the time the bill is up for a vote.

jAZ
08-26-2009, 06:57 PM
You are a loon because you are serious.

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Great thread. I bet this took you all week to come up with.

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 07:08 PM

It was tongue in cheek. I just think it's pathetic the way they will exploit anything that they think will garner them a sympathy vote. The logical next step would be to actively facilitate a tragedy.

I don't think it will happen, though. I mean, who would carry it out? The Senator most likely to commit a murder just keeled over.

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Great thread. I bet this took you all week to come up with.

Yep. I've been thinking all week about how, just today, the Democrats rushed to name their health care bill after Ted Kennedy.

jAZ
08-26-2009, 07:14 PM
...name their health care bill after Ted Kennedy.
= killing someone.

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Yep. I've been thinking all week about how, just today, the Democrats rushed to name their health care bill after Ted Kennedy.

You are slow Rush predicted it months ago

BTW I am not use to Saul Good that has a sense of humor so you pulled a fast on me.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 07:17 PM
How about the irony of Kennedy being able to hold on to his dear life for a year longer because he has gold-plated insurance but instead the Dems and he would only give us kulaks rationing in such a situation at that age.

jAZ
08-26-2009, 07:22 PM
How about the irony of Kennedy being able to hold on to his dear life for a year longer because he has gold-plated insurance but instead the Dems and he would only give us kulaks rationing in such a situation at that age.

You won't be able to buy gold plated supplemental insurance like Kennedy?

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 07:23 PM

LMAO

http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/data/4/hat-tin-foil-smiley.gif

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 07:30 PM
LMAO

That wasn't tin foil hat material. You need to look up the meaning of that.

It is fact—Economics 101

The public option, like all public options, necessitates rationing because something seeming free/cheap will create soaring demand without a market mechanism to satisfy it. That would be real prices that reflect availability. The only way to deal with it is through rationing. It's a law like gravity.

Sorry Dirk but a smiley with dunce hat is what I need for dreamers who deny reality.

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Sorry Dirk but a smiley with dunce hat is what I need for dreamers who deny reality.

That would totally show him who's boss.

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 07:37 PM

It is fact—Economics 101

The public option, like all public options, necessitates rationing because something seeming free/cheap will create soaring demand without a market mechanism to satisfy it. That would be real prices that reflect availability. The only way to deal with it is through rationing. It's a law like gravity.

I used the tin foil hat because you think everything is a conspiracy and everyone is out to get you.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
LMAO

Here ya' go Dirk. This the game you wanna play?

http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/ticket/archives/dunce.jpg

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I used the tin foil hat because you think everything is a conspiracy and everyone is out to get you.

Oh I do? Sounds like a sweeping generality. "everyone" as in everybody?....wow that's a lot of people. Like when? http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dunce.gif

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
LMAO You are right Saul she sure showed me

LMAO

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 07:41 PM
LMAO You are right Saul she sure showed me

LMAO

Well, you had nuthin'!

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh I do? Sounds like a sweeping generality. "everyone" as in every body....wow that's a lot of people. Like when? http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dunce.gif

There is too many to post. You know I love you BEP but you are crazy sometimes.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 07:44 PM
There is too many to post. You know I love you BEP but you are crazy sometimes.

Nope, I'm holding you to it—back it up. Excluding hyperbolic humor or sarcasm.

I wouldn't say I love but you're a nice guy, even though you're with the moonbats nowadays.

***SPRAYER
08-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Ted Kennedy dies, and the Democrats seize on it to further their agenda before his scotch glass even hits the ground.

Chivas Rigal. Errrrrah. Make it a double.

HolmeZz
08-26-2009, 07:52 PM
How about the irony of Kennedy being able to hold on to his dear life for a year longer because he has gold-plated insurance...

Hot damn, gold-plated health insurance? Any idea where he was getting it from?

***SPRAYER
08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Chivas double. On the double. Errrrah.

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Nope, I'm holding you to it—back it up. Excluding hyperbolic humor or sarcasm.

I wouldn't say I love but you're a nice guy, even though you're with the moonbats nowadays.

Ok you win because I am not going to go through all of your posts to decipher your theories.

And I am not with anyone :harumph:

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Ok you win because I am not going to go through all of your posts to decipher your theories.

And I am not with anyone :harumph:

Uh huh! You can't do it. Of course when you can't refute or argue with someone it gets reflected in going after them personally.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Hot damn, gold-plated health insurance? Any idea where he was getting it from?

The politicians have a good health care plan and the ones pushing the "public option" refused to vote for themselves being put on the one they were offering us.... while you were sleeping.

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Uh huh! You can't do it. Of course when you can't refute or argue with someone it gets reflected in going after them personally.

Are you an agent provocateur?

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Are you an agent provocateur?

No

That statement wasn't about someone being out to get "me" though....and was posed as a question not a fact. Just a thought. It was only said twice too.

Don't be so naive to think that the political opposition hasn't used them because they do. They've been caught at it as well. Just work on a campaign and/or read about them. Just read Bare Knuckles and Back Rooms: My Life in American Politics by Ed Rollins.

You're naive. About this, economics, what govt can accomplish, that politics isn't a dirty business and you probably don't think even corporate espionage ever happens either.

jAZ
08-26-2009, 08:26 PM

It is fact—Economics 101

Rationing like private healthcare firms denying coverage? Or rationing like millions of people not being covered? Or do you mean like rationing that creates a supplemental insurance market that can be filled by private companies? Or rationing like people will be unhappy with the public option and will keep their existing private coverage?

Saul Good
08-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Rationing like private healthcare firms denying coverage? Or rationing like millions of people not being covered? Or do you mean like rationing that creates a supplemental insurance market that can be filled by private companies? Or rationing like people will be unhappy with the public option and will keep their existing private coverage?

When you say healthcare, do you mean health insurance?

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 08:28 PM
No

That statement wasn't about someone being out to get "me" though....and was posed as a question not a fact. Just a thought. It was only said twice too.

Don't be so naive to think that the political opposition hasn't used them because they do. They've been caught at it as well. Just work on a campaign and/or read about them. Just read Bare Knuckles and Back Rooms: My Life in American Politics by Ed Rollins.

You're naive. About this, economics, what govt can accomplish, that politics isn't a dirty business and you probably don't think even corporate espionage ever happens either.

LMAO You are super sensitive tonight. And yes I believe in corporate espionage and political espionage as well.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:29 PM
When private insurance denies care, it is not rationing. If it's not covered under the plan that you bought then they never agreed to give it to you. Using price to allocate product,is allocated to those willing to pay the most. Rationing is usually doled out by some authority like a govt during periods of short supply.

I love the Newspeak of the left. Propaganda by redefinition of words.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
LMAO You are super sensitive tonight. And yes I believe in corporate espionage and political espionage as well.

Nope, just calling you on it.

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Nope

Yep

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Let's play amateur psychologist tonight and evaluate each other.

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Oooh that sounds like fun. You go first.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:37 PM
No. I don't do that to people I like....unless they start if first to give them a taste of it. Then, if their decent folk, they stop.

Besides I don't know enough about you personally.

dirk digler
08-26-2009, 08:40 PM
No. I don't do that to people I like....unless they start if first to give them a taste of it. Then, if their decent folk, they stop.

Besides I don't know enough about you personally.

Oh cmon it will be fun. It doesn't have to be mean

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Actually, I only got on my computer ( after a gruelling day at work) to fix a packing cover for tommorrow. I've already goofed off long enough because I can't confront doing it...and now it's 10:45 PM here on the east coast.

Really, though I wouldn't know what to say. I don't know you enough to evaluate you...except for politics. I was just joking, anyways. Night, night, and sleep with one eye open. I've been known to haunt using outer-body experiences.

jAZ
08-26-2009, 08:55 PM
When you say healthcare, do you mean health insurance?

Rationing like private health<s>care</s> insurance firms denying coverage? Or rationing like millions of people not being covered? Or do you mean like rationing that creates a supplemental insurance market that can be filled by private companies? Or rationing like people will be unhappy with the public option and will keep their existing private coverage?

petegz28
08-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Rationing like private health<s>care</s> insurance firms denying coverage? Or rationing like millions of people not being covered? Or do you mean like rationing that creates a supplemental insurance market that can be filled by private companies? Or rationing like people will be unhappy with the public option and will keep their existing private coverage though they must they go through the Fed Gov Exchange?

FYP

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 10:08 PM
FYP

That's the problem with the left, they call differences similarities which is lapse in logic. They make no distinction between the private sector doing something and the govt.

jAZ
08-26-2009, 10:30 PM
"though they must they go through the Fed Gov Exchange?".... FYP
That's not even true. Insurance companies aren't mandated to offer coverage through the exchange. People or employers aren't mandated to buy insurnace through the exchange.

BucEyedPea
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh cmon it will be fun. It doesn't have to be mean

Okay....beef dirky.