PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NFLs Toughest Venues

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 10:35 PM
i saw this on sportsnation. i cant remember exactly what it was but it went

5 raiders
4 seahawks
1 steelers

i thought it was funny that arrowhead wasnt in the top 5 even though the dude on SN gave us props for being the loudest.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Its been a long time...

We were feared under Marty at Arrowhead (excluding the playoffs)

Gunthers were marginal...

DV's teams werent to shabby...

Herms were laughable at best...

Haley has his work cut out for him...

CaliforniaChief
08-26-2009, 10:38 PM
How could the Raiders possibly be considered? A bunch of parolee cross-dressing freaks pounding on the seat in front of them doesn't make a place tough. The only team that finds it tough to win there is the Raiders.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 10:47 PM
How could the Raiders possibly be considered? A bunch of parolee cross-dressing freaks pounding on the seat in front of them doesn't make a place tough. The only team that finds it tough to win there is the Raiders.

LMAO

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Its been a long time...

still, being known as the loudest stadium in the NFL is worth at least top 5

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 10:49 PM
still, being known as the loudest stadium in the NFL is worth at least top 5

Crap you could of heard crickets chirping over the last 3 years..

We need to regain that title...

CaliforniaChief
08-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Crap you could of heard crickets chirping over the last 3 years..

We need to regain that title...

Truer words have never been spoken. We need Arrowhead to be a freaking buzzsaw for teams. Remember when they threatened us with penalties for it? That's what I'm talking about. Monday Night Football Derrick Thomas noise.

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. We need Arrowhead to be a freaking buzzsaw for teams. Remember when they threatened us with penalties for it? That's what I'm talking about. Monday Night Football Derrick Thomas noise.

they threatened to penalize us?

morphius
08-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Its been a long time...

DV's team really killed it I think, I mean really, nothing like lining CB's 10 yards off on 3rd and 2 to waste some crowd noise.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:18 PM

Several times in the mid 90's they did... I recall during a Raiders game, they were complaining about the noise? Maybe a Denver game...

The white hat came over the intercom and threatened the crowd about a 15 yard penalty...

Did nothing but make the stadium that much louder....

DBOSHO
08-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Several times in the mid 90's they did... I recall during a Raiders game, they were complaining about the noise? Maybe a Denver game...

The white hat came over the intercom and threatened the crowd about a 15 yard penalty...

Did nothing but make the stadium that much louder....

thats awesome..i didnt follow the chiefs until the vermeil era

notorious
08-26-2009, 11:32 PM
It was quite amazing back in the day.

It just takes the wind out of the crowd when the opposing team converts 3rd downs as frequently as they do now.

Don't look for it to get any louder, though. The more corporate a stadium gets the quieter it gets. Mile High was nuts, but when I went to a game back in 03 at Invesco with a one loss Chiefs team vs a 3 loss Denver team late in the season I was very disappointed.

The corporate movement kills home field advantage.

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:37 PM

It just takes the wind out of the crowd when the opposing team converts 3rd downs as frequently as they do now.

Don't look for it to get any louder, though. The more corporate a stadium gets the quieter it gets. Mile High was nuts, but when I went to a game back in 03 at Invesco with a one loss Chiefs team vs a 3 loss Denver team late in the season I was very disappointed.

The corporate movement kills home field advantage.

That about sums it up...

Its all about luxury seating and corporate sales than it is about the everyday fan and his/her families...

DaneMcCloud
08-26-2009, 11:45 PM
i thought it was funny that arrowhead wasnt in the top 5 even though the dude on SN gave us props for being the loudest.

When you only have three winning seasons out of the last ten, I'd say it's pretty easy to win if your a visiting football team.

MoreLemonPledge
08-26-2009, 11:47 PM

It's a tough venue because you'll probably get shot before the game is over.

salame
08-26-2009, 11:47 PM
It's a tough venue because you'll probably get shot before the game is over.

stabbed by a man wearing makeup

MoreLemonPledge
08-26-2009, 11:50 PM
stabbed by a man wearing makeup

http://www.asgardentertainment.com/fullimages/MakeUpEffects/MakeUpEffects1.jpg

J Diddy
08-26-2009, 11:55 PM
When you only have three winning seasons out of the last ten, I'd say it's pretty easy to win if your a visiting football team.

No shit. Unless the new regime rights this ship we're gonna be cupcake field at arrowhead stadium.

salame
08-26-2009, 11:57 PM
http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/images/raiders_fan_toss_tony_gonzales_effigy_1.JPG
I was thinking more like this

JuicesFlowing
08-27-2009, 02:02 AM
The Raiders? Pretty funny stuff.

kysirsoze
08-27-2009, 02:52 AM
thats awesome..i didnt follow the chiefs until the vermeil era

:doh!:Good timing!

Kerberos
08-27-2009, 04:34 AM

Stop it man .... You're giving me goose bumps.

I remember going to games in the early 90's and it was so friggn loud you couldn't hear yourself think in the stands. I can only imagine how loud it was for the players with 80,000 people screaming down towards them.

I DO remember SmElway backing off from center because NO ONE on the line could hear a cadence.

DAMN those were good times.

Rausch
08-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Defense creates a HFA...

BigRedChief
08-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Stop it man .... You're giving me goose bumps.

I remember going to games in the early 90's and it was so friggn loud you couldn't hear yourself think in the stands. I can only imagine how loud it was for the players with 80,000 people screaming down towards them.

I DO remember SmElway backing off from center because NO ONE on the line could hear a cadence.

DAMN those were good times.
yes, Arrowhead is a shell of its former self today. Part of it is you have long time hard core fans like Nzoner, onthewarpath59 and myself no longer attending every home game. But the main thing is just winning or believing you have a chance to win. When we would be yelling, screaming etc we felt that we could effect the game, help alter the outcome. That feeling is gone.

But, the Donks on Thanksgiving night Arrowhead rocked like the days of old, so maybe those days can return.

Radar Chief
08-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Defense creates a HFA...

Words of wisdom, Lloyd, my man. Words. Of. Wisdom.

;)

King_Chief_Fan
08-27-2009, 07:18 AM
:doh!:Good timing!LMAO

Otter
08-27-2009, 07:20 AM
yes, Arrowhead is a shell of its former self today. Part of it is you have long time hard core fans like Nzoner, onthewarpath59 and myself no longer attending every home game. But the main thing is just winning or believing you have a chance to win. When we would be yelling, screaming etc we felt that we could effect the game, help alter the outcome. That feeling is gone.

But, the Donks on Thanksgiving night Arrowhead rocked like the days of old, so maybe those days can return.

It helps a fans desire to cheer when you believe your team has a shot at winning and the game counts for something besides a shot at a lower or higher draft pick. When's the last time that happened?

I know it's hard to look at this team objectively at times. I'm not saying you in particular and I used to have this problem myself but this team has been horrible. Embarrassing, out of their league bunch of monkeys running the show embarrassing ****ing horrible.

There hasn't been anything to cheer for come game time. Their lucky they weren't demoted to arena football.

But something good came out of that; senile Peterson and his "buddy network" got the boot and we have what we have now: Cautious hope for the future.

This team didn't deserve to be cheered or supported for the last couple years.

Lzen
08-27-2009, 07:25 AM

Yes, I remember that. Was that the Monday Night Football game with Joe Montana vs John Elway at Arrowhead circa 1993? If so, I was at that game. My first ever Chiefs game. Unbelievable atmosphere.

Dartgod
08-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Threaten hell. The DID penalize us against the Donks one time. That pussy Elway was crying to the refs about it and I think they penalized us five yards after a warning had been issued. The crowd was louder than ever after that and Horseface wanted another penalty and the refs wouldn't do it again.

It pains me to see Arrowhead billed as the loudest stadium in the NFL. We have not been even close to that in quite a while.

Sofa King
08-27-2009, 07:30 AM
there was a Seattle game where the refs threatened the crowd too... then some idiot on the defense did the "pump up" hand pumps and the refs hit him with a penalty... then the next play he did the "quiet down" hand movements... pretty funny... sucked then though..

EDIT: could that have been the Denver game that dartgod speaks of?

kc rush
08-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Threaten hell. The DID penalize us against the Donks one time. That pussy Elway was crying to the refs about it and I think they penalized us five yards after a warning had been issued. The crowd was louder than ever after that and Horseface wanted another penalty and the refs wouldn't do it again.

It pains me to see Arrowhead billed as the loudest stadium in the NFL. We have not been even close to that in quite a while.

That was another check in the column for me hating Denver. Horse face was the only QB that I remember being pussy enough to cry for the call.

Herm sure sucked the joy out of watching football for me. I gave up my season tickets and frequently turned off the TV last year.

I am anxious to start watching/enjoying the games again.

CoMoChief
08-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Loudest I've ever heard Arrowhead was the Denver game a few years ago. The NFL Network televised Thanksgiving game when CCR played at halftime.

I've heard it loud in Arrohead before.....but that game lifted the decible level another level. My ears hurt a few times that game. And we officially retired Jake Plummer that game. Our whole section started a Jake Plummer sucks chant......sitting behind the Rat, and about a qtr later Jay Cutler went in to play the rest of the game. LOL

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Arrowhead rockin will change your life. My inner goon doesnt appreciate the enemies fans having a feeling of comfort at our Church and then walking away with a win.

cracks knuckles.

Radar Chief
08-27-2009, 07:57 AM
That was another check in the column for me hating Denver. Horse face was the only QB that I remember being pussy enough to cry for the call.

Herm sure sucked the joy out of watching football for me. I gave up my season tickets and frequently turned off the TV last year.

I hear you.
I started DVRing all the games and watching them delayed. That way I could FF and turn 3.5 hours of pain and suffering into >1 hour of pain and suffering.
I still watched every game but it helped to not give up a big chunk of my Sunday afternoon just to watch the Chiefs suck.

KCtotheSB
08-27-2009, 08:00 AM

I will never, for as long as I live, forget the images of Herm squinting up to the scoreboard in his Chiefs beanie cap wondering why the hell the other team scored......AGAIN. Fuck, that pisses me off.

The Arrowhead advantage needs to return and it will, but only when this team is more competitive. I remember when there was absolutely NO QUESTION where the best home field advantage was....Arrowhead. Teams dreaded coming in to Kansas City. Nowadays, opposing teams seem to convert on 3rd down a lot more often and have less trouble when at the line.....

As for the Raiders being one of the "Toughest Venues", I imagine it's a lot tougher for fans attending than the players. The players on the field are safe from random stabbings....not so much for that poor guy wearing the bright red Chiefs shirt in the 17th row.

brent102fire
08-27-2009, 08:07 AM
I could see why Oakland is one of the top five. However, it's not because it's a tough place for other teams to play in. It's because it's a tough place to try to stay alive in if you are rooting for the visiting team...You will probably be kicked, punched, shanked, stabbed, shot and/or killed if you attend the game in another teams apparel!

kc rush
08-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Loudest I've ever heard Arrowhead was the Denver game a few years ago. The NFL Network televised Thanksgiving game when CCR played at halftime.

I've heard it loud in Arrohead before.....but that game lifted the decible level another level. My ears hurt a few times that game. And we officially retired Jake Plummer that game. Our whole section started a Jake Plummer sucks chant......sitting behind the Rat, and about a qtr later Jay Cutler went in to play the rest of the game. LOL

The loudest for me was the game/play when Dante returned the Denver kick for a touchdown after reversing field a million times. I was in the nosebleeds and it was deafening up there, so I can only imagine what it was like on the field.

ziggysocki
08-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Crowd noise is based on cheers. We haven't really had anything to cheer for in a long time. Give the fans at arrowhead a reason, and they will give you a home field advantage.

Predarat
08-27-2009, 08:38 AM

Wow, Arrohead at its best, Chiefs vs doncs, CCR, can't get much better then that!

Nzoner
08-27-2009, 08:58 AM

I'll never forget the 1993 season,the Steelers and new head coach Bill Cowher came into Arrowhead for wild card weekend.It was after that game that I started taking Advil into the games with me because by halftime I literally had a spliting headache and I'll be damned it I was going to stop cheering on the Chiefs in the 2nd half.

MikeMaslowski
08-27-2009, 09:12 AM

I got threatened to get kicked out once. I was yelling at Warren Sapp in the endzone. Not one of my smarter days. Anyway, that was off subject. One day Arrowhead will rise again.

Agent V
08-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Man, we need some straight up inebriated psychos to push out the high-brow crowd and get the New Arrowhead quaking on its foundation.

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Man, we need some straight up inebriated psychos to push out the high-brow crowd and get the New Arrowhead quaking on its foundation.

How do you think the Chiefs wound up 2-14 last year?

Radar Chief
08-27-2009, 09:52 AM
I'll never forget the 1993 season,the Steelers and new head coach Bill Cowher came into Arrowhead for wild card weekend.It was after that game that I started taking Advil into the games with me because by halftime I literally had a spliting headache and I'll be damned it I was going to stop cheering on the Chiefs in the 2nd half.

I remember that game.
There was a Steelers linebacker (can't think of his name) that got ejected from the game, took a razzing as he headed for the tunnel, and momentarily thought it would be a good idea to climb into the stands to confront his detractors. He was discouraged of the idea rather quickly and took his sob story to the locker room.

JD10367
08-27-2009, 09:56 AM
If you're rating venue, not team, my list would be, in no particular order:

Miami (hot, especially in September)
Meadowlands (can get loud and unruly)
Broncos ('cause it's a mile high)
Lambeau (weather can be abysmal)
Buffalo (weather can be abysmal)

Nzoner
08-27-2009, 09:58 AM
I remember that game.
There was a Steelers linebacker (can't think of his name) that got ejected from the game, took a razzing as he headed for the tunnel, and momentarily thought it would be a good idea to climb into the stands to confront his detractors. He was discouraged of the idea rather quickly and took his sob story to the locker room.

Yep,as I recall he had beer thrown on him and jumped up on the wall trying to climb into the crowd.The crowd actually started pulling him up the wall wailing on his back,funny stuff.

Radar Chief
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Yep,as I recall he had beer thrown on him and jumped up on the wall trying to climb into the crowd.The crowd actually started pulling him up the wall wailing on his back,funny stuff.

Heh yea, I think he expected the crowd to scatter at his shear awesomeness. When that didn’t happen you could actually see the expression on his face change from anger to, “WTF did I just get myself into". ROFL
Good times.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 11:19 AM
How do you think the Chiefs wound up 2-14 last year?

A roster that was completely devoid of talent

ClevelandBronco
08-27-2009, 11:25 AM
The Dog Pound would have made this list 20-25 years ago.

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 11:28 AM
The Dog Pound would have made this list 20-25 years ago.

look the black hole & the dog pound was/is only one section. At Arrowhead the entire stadium was in full riot mode.

Jethopper
08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
The Dog Pound would have made this list 60 - 65 years ago.

FYP

notorious
08-27-2009, 11:33 AM

Lowery FTW!!!!!

ClevelandBronco
08-27-2009, 11:35 AM
look the black hole & the dog pound was/is only one section. At Arrowhead the entire stadium was in full riot mode.

Yeah. So were the South Stands at Mile High.

I hate these new stadiums.

J Diddy
08-27-2009, 11:36 AM
The loudest for me was the game/play when Dante returned the Denver kick for a touchdown after reversing field a million times. I was in the nosebleeds and it was deafening up there, so I can only imagine what it was like on the field.

I dunno I've sat in every level in arrowhead and maybe it's because alot of the games I went to in the lower section were during bad years but it always seemed louder to me in the nosebleeds.

Nzoner
08-27-2009, 11:38 AM
At Arrowhead the entire stadium was in full riot mode.

Well there was that one section where most everyone was in casual business attire and had their golf clap down to an art. :)

ClevelandBronco
Oh, hell, and the movable East stands. When those things got to bouncing it was freaking scary.

MOhillbilly
I dunno I've sat in every level in arrowhead and maybe it's because alot of the games I went to in the lower section were during bad years but it always seemed louder to me in the nosebleeds.

crazy mutha****as up top.

Saleenman607
08-27-2009, 11:53 AM
If your talkin' for fans.....the Coliseum in Oakland can be tough for us Chiefs fans. I went to the raider game last year sportin' my #63 "CONTACT" home jersey. The game wasn't so bad as the walk to and from to get to the Bart station. Especially after winning the game. :D

Saleenman607
08-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I remember lookin' around for other little spots of "blood" as the raider fans like to call us...:eek:

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 11:56 AM
If your talkin' for fans.....the Coliseum in Oakland can be tough for us Chiefs fans. I went to the raider game last year sportin' my #63 "CONTACT" home jersey. The game wasn't so bad as the walk to and from to get to the Bart station. Especially after winning the game. :D

it aint easy for raiders fans at arrowhead either.

Saleenman607
08-27-2009, 12:00 PM
it aint easy for raiders fans at arrowhead either.

That's nice to know......I almost always represent when I go. Just sometimes my nephew will want to go, and I don't want to put him thru that kind of shit.
CHIEFS NATION muthafu&^%$ers.

gta0012
08-27-2009, 12:00 PM
It ain't easy at eagles stadium for anyone haha.

ClevelandBronco
08-27-2009, 12:02 PM
It ain't easy at eagles stadium for anyone haha.

Especially not for the Eagles. Those are some bad ass fans.

Nzoner
08-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Especially not for the Eagles. Those are some bad ass fans.

I met an Eagle fan while on a recent vacation and he was telling me he saw a 10 year old kid get an opposing team's jersey literally ripped off of him and the father got him and the kid the hell outta there.

HemiEd
08-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I could see why Oakland is one of the top five. However, it's not because it's a tough place for other teams to play in. It's because it's a tough place to try to stay alive in if you are rooting for the visiting team...You will probably be kicked, punched, shanked, stabbed, shot and/or killed if you attend the game in another teams apparel!

I was in Oakland, (told this many times) for a Chiefs game, and their front office recommended that I stay home, for my own safety.

Saleenman607
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I was in Oakland, (told this many times) for a Chiefs game, and their front office recommended that I stay home, for my own safety.

For me, it starts as soon as I walk over the Bart station. When they see the red, they all start to chant raaiidddeeerrrsssss. F****ng embarrasing if you ask me. Can't you say something else stupid? Especially the smaller kids wanting to talk shit, and their parents are just smiling. They stop smiling after I start calling them names tho. Crazy crazy place that Coliseum. Fun tho