PDA

View Full Version : Football Anyone catch Leon Washington on MNF? And the ghost of Herm :( ...

T-post Tom
08-26-2009, 11:13 PM
WINNER -- After watching the display put on in the first half of Monday night's game, is there any doubt the 5-foot-8, 195-pound back is the Jets most valuable player? He didn't lead the NFL in combined yardage last season by fluke. New York needs to get an extension done with this guy because his price tag appears to be headed in only one direction, and that's up.

On the Jets' opening five drives of the first half, which coincided with Sanchez's night's work, Washington had a hand in creating 80 of New York's 121 yards of offense. He finished with 83 yards of rushing and receiving in the first half, including the Jets' first touchdown, and added a 52-yard kickoff return in his special teams role. Washington converted three third-and-long situations to almost single-handedly keep New York's first half from being an offensive disaster. He took a screen pass 16 yards on third-and-12, ran for 15 yards on a third-and-10 and caught his 19-yard touchdown pass on a third-and-9, beating Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain in a one-on-one mismatch.

As it turns out, trading head coach Herman Edwards to Kansas City for the fourth-round pick they used to draft Washington in 2006 was one of the shrewdest moves the Jets ever made. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/08/25/winners.losers/index.html#ixzz0PMBvtAUh

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Man that will haunt us for a long long long time....

notorious
08-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Just getting Herm Edwards killed us. Carl would have flushed the 4th down the toilet just like every other pick.

I am happy that we hired a coach that didn't require the use of draft picks. Things are already looking up!

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Just getting Herm Edwards killed us. Carl would have flushed the 4th down the toilet just like every other pick.

I am happy that we hired a coach that didn't require the use of draft picks. Things are already looking up!

This....

Not like the pick would of produced, but the fact remains... Washington is producing for the Jets, while Herm reduced the Chiefs...

salame
08-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Leon is a stud
but everyone acts like we would have him if we hadn't traded for Herm

Reerun_KC
08-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Leon is a stud

no its just the fact that the NYJ's got the stud, while we are left holding our pud....

salame
08-26-2009, 11:31 PM
the real issue with that draft is picking Tamba Hali over demeco ryans

notorious
08-26-2009, 11:35 PM
no its just the fact that the NYJ's got the stud, while we are left holding our pud....

It's clever and it rhymes! Perfection. ROFL

KCChiefsMan
08-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Carl Peterson's trade for Herm Edwards very may be his worst move of all time and one of the worst in NFL history.

salame
08-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Carl Peterson's trade for Herm Edwards very may be his worst move of all time and one of the worst in NFL history.

I dunno
cutler for orton?

MoreLemonPledge
08-27-2009, 12:34 AM

1. Herschel Walker to the Vikings – This trade is the poster child for terrible trades. Minnesota traded five players and eight draft picks to the Cowboys for Herschel Walker and four draft picks. Here is the breakdown:
Minnesota Vikings Received:

* RB Herschel Walker
* Dallas’s 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)
* San Diego’s 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)
* Dallas’s 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)
* Dallas’s 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys Received:

* LB Jesse Solomon
* LB David Howard
* CB Issiac Holt
* RB Darrin Nelson
* DE Alex Stewart
* Minnesota’s 1st round pick in 1990 (17) (Emmitt Smith)
* Minnesota’s 2nd round pick in 1990 (26) (Alexander Wright)
* Minnesota’s 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)
* Minnesota’s 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (12) (Alvin Harper)
* Minnesota’s 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (37) (Dixon Edwards)
* Minnesota’s 1st round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (24) (Robert Jones)
* Minnesota’s 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (40) (traded to Kansas City, who drafted Matt Blundin)
* Minnesota’s 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)

Two of the six picks that the Cowboys received were used in trades to more picks, which led to the draft of Darrin Woodson and Russell Maryland. Although Herschel was a big help to children from Minnesota who enjoyed Tecmo Superbowl, I have a feeling the Vikings might want this one back.

KCChiefsMan
08-27-2009, 12:36 AM
ya, the Hershel Walker trade tops that list.

notorious
08-27-2009, 12:38 AM
. Although Herschel was a big help to children from Minnesota who enjoyed Tecmo Superbowl.....

Nice touch ROFL

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 01:18 AM
I have a feeling the Vikings might want this one back.

I disagree. No one outside of Emmitt Smith really made any long term impact for Dallas. Darren Woodson was a fine player for a short period of time.

Meanwhile, Herschel Walker was productive for Minnesota. They got a great receiver in Jake Reed, a very good linebacker in Mike Jones (who saved the Super Bowl for the Rams) and while they didn't make the Super Bowl, they got close in 1998.

Plus, there's no telling if Minnesota would have even taken those guys.

The Chiefs passed on Emmit Smith, if that tells you anything.

T-post Tom
08-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Leon is a stud

They do? I think most folks just appreciate the irony and realize that CP lost his personnel burst with the death of "Plan B free agency."

googlegoogle
08-27-2009, 01:59 AM
their OLINE does all the dirty work. They have 3 backs i think.

kysirsoze
08-27-2009, 02:57 AM
ya, the Hershel Walker trade tops that list.

I disagree. No one outside of Emmitt Smith really made any long term impact for Dallas. Darren Woodson was a fine player for a short period of time.

Meanwhile, Herschel Walker was productive for Minnesota. They got a great receiver in Jake Reed, a very good linebacker in Mike Jones (who saved the Super Bowl for the Rams) and while they didn't make the Super Bowl, they got close in 1998.

Plus, there's no telling if Minnesota would have even taken those guys.

Just glancing over that trade, I can't believe that's one of the worst all-time. I would but the Herm trade higher, just for starters. Even if we had drafted a total loser, that would have been so much better than Herm helping CP run our team into the ground. Never mind the fact that we could have had Washington.

PhillyChiefFan
08-27-2009, 05:09 AM
Thank you, I needed some soul crushing depression to go with my coffee this morning :D

Rausch
08-27-2009, 05:19 AM

The Chiefs passed on every HOF'er in the last 25 years save DT and Shields...

mikey23545
08-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Drama Queen much?

We're talking about a 4th round pick for ****'s sake...And it's the worst trade of all time?!?!?! ROFL

ziggysocki
08-27-2009, 08:53 AM
The Chiefs passed on every HOF'er in the last 25 years save DT and Shields...

Tony?

Molitoth
08-27-2009, 09:00 AM
What about the Saints trading every pick for Ricky Williams? That has to rank up there...