PDA

View Full Version : Misc Should "In God We Trust" be removed from our money?

Guru
08-27-2009, 01:03 AM
NBC is running the following poll...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

It's a landslide too.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 01:25 AM
NBC is running the following poll...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

It's a landslide too.

It's nice to see that SOME people have some sense.

Taco John
08-27-2009, 01:25 AM
The poll is skewed. They've required people to vote in order to see the results. In my case I just blindly click and look at the results as I have no concern as to what symbols are on the paper that we trade so long as the value of it holds up.

Dick Bull
08-27-2009, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=Taco John;6004926]The poll is skewed. They've required people to vote in order to see the results. In my case I just blindly click and look at the results as I have no concern as to what symbols are on the paper that we trade so long as the value of it holds up.[/QUOTE
taco=pussy

burrito=real man

orange
08-27-2009, 01:29 AM
That "poll" was started four years ago and has been mass emailed continuously since then.

16,000,000 responses? MSNBC only wishes it had that kind of viewership.

related - an MSNBC Live Vote had Ron Paul favored by 75% to be the Republican presidential nominee. That's just how meaningless these things are.

Taco John
08-27-2009, 01:36 AM
That "poll" was started four years ago and has been mass emailed continuously since then.

related - an MSNBC Live Vote had Ron Paul favored by 75% to be the Republican presidential nominee. That's just how meaningless these things are.

It wasn't just NBC. Every major poll both on television and online had Ron Paul winning every single debate that he participated in. EVERY single one of them.

Guru
08-27-2009, 01:45 AM

related - an MSNBC Live Vote had Ron Paul favored by 75% to be the Republican presidential nominee. That's just how meaningless these things are.meh. I didn't see any dates on it so I really don't care. I just found it interesting.

Fruit Ninja
08-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Whatever it is, i put my no vote.

Direckshun
08-27-2009, 01:53 AM
It probably should. But I've got bigger fish to fry than what we print on the nickel, FFS.

patteeu
08-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Considering the new, previously unimaginable Obama deficits, I've changed my mind to "yes". It should be replace with "In China We Trust".

Amnorix
08-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Considering the new, previously unimaginable Obama deficits, I've changed my mind to "yes". It should be replace with "In China We Trust".

Other than Health Care, can you tell me in what material respect Obama's fiscal policies differ from your hero's?

Bernacke, Geithner, it's really pretty much all the same guys doing the same things under the new administration...

petegz28
08-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Other than Health Care, can you tell me in what material respect Obama's fiscal policies differ from your hero's?

Bernacke, Geithner, it's really pretty much all the same guys doing the same things under the new administration...

And trilple the defecits in less than 1/8 of the time. That might be what he was referring too? :shrug:

patteeu
08-27-2009, 08:15 AM

I don't know what Dick Cheney's fiscal policies are. My understanding is that he's opposed to excessive government spending though. That makes him pretty much the opposite of Barack Obama AFAICT.

patteeu
08-27-2009, 08:17 AM
And trilple the defecits in less than 1/8 of the time. That might be what he was referring too? :shrug:

Oh yeah, if he's talking about Bush, this is a pretty good answer. I was a frequent critic of Bush's over-spending on such things as prescription drugs, but his degree of over-spending isn't in the same league as that of Barack Obama.

Frazod
08-27-2009, 08:26 AM
I don't care if it says In Gophers We Trust, I just wish it was actually worth something.

HolyHandgernade
08-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Strictly speaking, yes. Do I care? No.

-HH

KILLER_CLOWN
08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
NO but Federal Reserve Note should be, ;)

KC native
08-27-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't know what Dick Cheney's fiscal policies are. My understanding is that he's opposed to excessive government spending unless it goes to Halliburton or other war profiteers. That makes him pretty much the opposite of Barack Obama AFAICT.

FYP

KC native
08-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Strictly speaking, yes. Do I care? No.

-HH

This

CoMoChief
08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Doesn't matter anyways when Obama is going to send the value of a dollar off of a cliff.

KC native
08-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Doesn't matter anyways when Obama is going to send the value of a dollar off of a cliff.

You're a little late to that blame game. The dollar went off a cliff a long time ago.