PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What's Thigpen worth?

Direckshun
08-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Name your price.

Poll coming forthwith.

seclark
08-27-2009, 09:25 AM
206 bones
sec

Count Alex's Losses
08-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't think he's worth more than Sage Rosenfels.

CHIEFS58
08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
hes worth keeping. ditch croyles broken ass. its proven he cant take the punishment. tyler is a hard nosed player and he kept after it last year.

Chiefnj2
08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
A wildly inaccurate QB who can't take snaps from behind center? I would have taken the 5th round pick.

Von Dumbass
08-27-2009, 09:43 AM
A tweet from a former Baltimore Ravens scout.

MoveTheSticks (https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks) I would give up a 4th round pick for Thigpen. He is young, has tools and experience. Somebody could end up with a steal

Red Brooklyn
08-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't think he's worth more than Sage Rosenfels.
This.

wild1
08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Any debate on what Tyler Thigpen is worth, has ended

John_Wayne
08-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Why is there not a two 1st rounders option? This poll is flawed.

keg in kc
08-27-2009, 09:51 AM
A used diaper and some twizzlers.

the Talking Can
08-27-2009, 09:52 AM
several electrocuted dogs and sweatpants with a bullet hole in them

Tribal Warfare
08-27-2009, 10:02 AM
If KC can get a draft pick out of him no matter the slotting it'll be a win.

Direckshun
08-27-2009, 10:05 AM
I think the Chiefs should be looking to trade for a 2011 draft pick rather than a 2010 draft pick.

Make it dependent on Thigpen's performance.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
A wildly inaccurate QB who can't take snaps from behind center? I would have taken the 5th round pick.

Damn right.

Pioli gets more than that, I'll be thrilled.

Then again, I'll be pretty fucking happy if we get anything for him, seeing as how he's going to be cut.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 10:10 AM
I think the Chiefs should be looking to trade for a 2011 draft pick rather than a 2010 draft pick.

Make it dependent on Thigpen's performance.

First, he'd have to actually find his way into a game.

Second, unless the incentive is a completion percentage over 52% and a QB rating over 65, we're going to get screwed on any incentive-based compensation.

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2009, 10:12 AM
I say a 6th. 5th if you're lucky.

pr_capone
08-27-2009, 10:14 AM
4th.

The jags have a need and there is no one available to them.

They will probably wait till cut day. If no one shows up they want... we will get that 4th from them.

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
LMAO @ the 2 choosing a 3rd

Dicky McElephant
08-27-2009, 10:18 AM
I'd be a dick and request a 4th....but I'd accept a 5th.

Mr. Krab
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
I hope they just trade him and get it over with because i'm tired of hearing about it.

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Considering some of the scrubs that have been traded for 1st round picks, I don't think a second is out of the question. I'm not saying he is very good, just that QB is one position you have to have on the field. If you don't have a backup and your QB goes down, you are really really screwed. Thigpen is a system (read: shotgun) QB, but he is mobile and he didn't have [I]that[I] bad of a year statistically.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Considering some of the scrubs that have been traded for 1st round picks, I don't think a second is out of the question. I'm not saying he is very good, just that QB is one position you have to have on the field. If you don't have a backup and your QB goes down, you are really really screwed. Thigpen is a system (read: shotgun) QB, but he is mobile and he didn't have [I]that[I] bad of a year statistically.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

First, I have to ask:

What scrub QB has recently been traded for a 1st?

Second, we just traded a 2nd for our supposed QBOTF, and you think Thigpen is worth the same?

I hope this was a joke post, and my sarcasm meter needs new batteries.

the Talking Can
08-27-2009, 10:39 AM

holy jesus

Dicky McElephant
08-27-2009, 10:40 AM

First, I have to ask:

Second, we just traded a 2nd for our supposed QBOTF, and you think Thigpen is worth the same?

Considering that someone actually voted for a 2nd in the poll....I'm guessing no.

LaChapelle
08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
How do you place a price on a season chuck full of natural woodies?

Raised On Riots
08-27-2009, 11:22 AM
For a 4th you get Thigpen, and we'll throw in one delusional sports radio host who believes Wildcat and multiple QB's on the field at the same time are the wave of the future to pimp him for you locally.

HemiEd
08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
I hope they just trade him and get it over with because i'm tired of hearing about it.

What?

This is nothing compared to CP/Miami on the Trent Green trade.

Or, have you forgotten about Ty Law? Hugh Douglas?

Oh wait, you are a
n00b and must have missed those deals. ;)

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Holy shit...

I was just watching Ferris Buehler's Day Off on HBO, and it seems they've made a recent edit:

http://i25.tinypic.com/2a91y0p.jpg

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 12:00 PM

First, I have to ask:

Matt Hasselbeck. Green Bay turned down the Dolphin's offer of #26 in the draft for the deal they struck with Seattle.

Hasselbeck has had a couple of decent seasons, but he had less experience than Thigpen before the trade--and last year had worse stats.

FWIW, I am not a Thigpen fanboy. I just think that QBs can justify a premium over other players-especially when teams don't have a decent starter or backup.

Perhaps if you look back at the Cassel trade you might remember that there were allegations of misconduct because we did land him for a mere 2nd round pick--and he was surrounded by talent.

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Considering some of the scrubs that have been traded for 1st round picks, I don't think a second is out of the question. I'm not saying he is very good, just that QB is one position you have to have on the field. If you don't have a backup and your QB goes down, you are really really screwed. Thigpen is a system (read: shotgun) QB, but he is mobile and he didn't have [i]that[i] bad of a year statistically.

:spock:

Dicky McElephant
08-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Hasselbeck is a scrub now? WTF

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Matt Hasselbeck. Green Bay turned down the Dolphin's offer of #26 in the draft for the deal they struck with Seattle.

Hasselbeck was traded to his former coach, Mike Holmgren. He was dealt for a 1st round swap (10th and 17th overall) and the Packers received Seattle's 3rd rounder while sending their 7th.

Hasselbeck is a 3x Pro Bowler, 1x All-Pro, has taken his team to the playoffs 5x and the Super Bowl once.

Fail.

King_Chief_Fan
08-27-2009, 12:11 PM
I think 5 or 6 but it will differ depending on the situation.

I think the Chiefs are nuts to do anything. Cassel gets hurt and we now want to rely on the guy(Croyle) who has shown to be the most unreliable and biggest pussy on the team.
:hmmm:

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 12:41 PM

No. He was a scrub then.

Count Alex's Losses
08-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Fat Elvis is probably thinking of AJ Feeley...he went for a 2nd. I don't really recall any other scrubs going for high picks.

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 12:44 PM

No. He was a scrub then. 28 passes total + holding for the kicker.

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 12:46 PM
No. He was a scrub then. 28 passes total + holding for the kicker.

So, by your definition, Brett Favre was a scrub prior to being traded to Green Bay?

JASONSAUTO
08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
So, by your definition, Brett Favre was a scrub prior to being traded to Green Bay?

he wasnt?

LaChapelle
08-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Thigpen has the heart of a lion and Croyle is a pussy. Oh the irony

CCU2000
08-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Thigga please PBJ

MahiMike
08-27-2009, 12:50 PM
If the Jags got a 1st for Rob Johnson, Thiggy's worth a 3rd at least!

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 12:52 PM
he wasnt?

Teams trade the 19th overall pick for scrubs all the time..

JASONSAUTO
08-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Teams trade the 19th overall pick for scrubs all the time..

joking, joking. to hear some on the planet he ALWAYS has been a scrub

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 12:54 PM

0-4, 1 Int; yes.

Prior to being traded to Green Bay, he was a scrub. Glanville said it would take an airplane crash to put him in a game.

Hasselbeck was on the practice team for a year before being a backup QB for two years; if that isn't a scrub, I don't know what is.....

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 01:05 PM
0-4, 1 Int; yes.

Prior to being traded to Green Bay, he was a scrub. Glanville said it would take an airplane crash to put him in a game.

Hasselbeck was on the practice team for a year before being a backup QB for two years; if that isn't a scrub, I don't know what is.....

Carson Palmer, the #1 overall pick, was a scrub his rookie year too, huh? He didn't even attempt a single pass!

Tom Brady - ultimate scrub - 1 for 3, 6 yards.

:rolleyes:

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Carson Palmer, the #1 overall pick, was a scrub his rookie year too, huh? He didn't even attempt a single pass!

Tom Brady - ultimate scrub - 1 for 3, 6 yards.

:rolleyes:

Niether Carson Palmer nor Tom Brady were traded to other teams.

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Niether Carson Palmer nor Tom Brady were traded to other teams.

So they're only scrubs if they get traded?

John Elway, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers were all scrubs before taking a single snap!

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 01:20 PM

John Elway, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers were all scrubs before taking a single snap!

Why can't you accept the fact that sometimes scrubs get traded for high draft picks, especially if they are quarterbacks? Sometimes, like any draft pick, they pan out, sometimes they don't.

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM

There is a huge difference between sitting a rookie for a year to learn the system and trading a player away, you know that.....

Edit: My mistake, I thought I was responding to the Carson Palmer, et al post.

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 01:24 PM
There is a huge difference between sitting a rookie for a year to learn the system and trading a player away, you know that.....

All 3 of them were traded away.

BigCatDaddy
08-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Umm....... Where is the option for a 1st and a 3rd?

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
All 3 of them were traded away.

Two of the three were traded because they said they wouldn't play for the team that drafted them and the third was part of the trade for one of them. You're really grasping at straws.

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Two of the three were traded because they said they wouldn't play for the team that drafted them and the third was part of the trade for one of them. You're really grasping at straws.

It's as asinine as you thinking Thigpen could realistically garner a 2nd round pick.

Fat Elvis
08-27-2009, 01:33 PM
It's as asinine as you thinking Thigpen could realistically garner a 2nd round pick.

Look, it isn't about Thigpen; it is about the position. QBs demand a premium. It is the one position that you cannot do without in the NFL.

I personally don't think we will trade him away simply because we will need him sometime during the year. Cassel will get hurt behind our line, Croyle, if #2 will get broken just like every other year.

Bane
08-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Look, it isn't about Thigpen; it is about the position. QBs demand a premium. It is the one position that you cannot do without in the NFL.

I personally don't think we will trade him away simply because we will need him sometime during the year. Cassel will get hurt behind our line, Croyle, if #2 will get broken just like every other year.

Id rather keep him as well.If nothing else the fans in Arrow Head liked him and like you say when our O line gets the other 2 murdered,Thigpen will at least make the games interesting. Though Im not in the group that thinks we will win 10 games this year.You know who you areROFL

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM

Why will we need him? We can put anyone back there and get the same result - a loss.

Bane
08-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Why will we need him? We can put anyone back there and get the same result - a loss.

Maybe so,but a lot of the games we lost last year were close games.Who wants to watch us get blown out 49-0?:cuss:

DaKCMan AP
08-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe so,but a lot of the games we lost last year were close games>whos wants to watch us get blown out 49-0?:cuss:

A loss is a loss. If we're going to lose anyway, wouldn't you rather have an extra draft pick to improve the team?

2bikemike
08-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I have not waded through all the posts so I hope I am not repeating someone else here.

I wonder what kind of interest would be shown in Brodie. I am thinking not as much as Thiggy is getting. I know several of you have offered up the once Cassel goes down Brodie won't be far behind. Which would leave us with Guiterrez. I really don't know much about him to comment.

The other thing about Thigpen is at least he was able to win a game. Can't say the same about Brodie.

The Chiefs are really in the middle of a shit sandwich here. They could use the draft picks but at what cost?

Bane
08-27-2009, 01:51 PM
A loss is a loss. If we're going to lose anyway, wouldn't you rather have an extra draft pick to improve the team?

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!LMAO

Bane
08-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Draft picks?Yeah we see how well that has worked for teams like The Bengals drafting 1st and 2nd for the last 15 years.Maybe it all starts with the draft but its not like this team has drafted the best players every year.

Bane
08-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Oh and I didnt know we drafted higher for bigger losses.I thought it went by your record and not how many points you lost by.