PDA

View Full Version : Economics What point will the rich start leaving the USA?

googlegoogle
08-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Just wondering. What % of tax rates do the consider leaving or getting citizenship in a 'freer' country?

KC native
08-27-2009, 02:50 PM
At what point will you quit posting your mental diarrhea?

Saggysack
08-27-2009, 02:51 PM
The % of ones tax burden has no corelation to their freedom. Only the naive think such. Example, do you think you would have more freedom in UAE, or the U.S.? Which do you think has the higher taxes?

Which country do you think you can be arrested for kissing your wife in public? Which country has no income tax? No tax= freedom? Only if you're dumb enough to believe it.

Dave Lane
08-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Lets see years ago under Nixon the highest tax rate was 65% and they still stayed. I'd guess if the top rate went from 36% to 39.6% like it was before Bush they might stick around.

Just a guess though.

Dave Lane
08-27-2009, 02:53 PM
And since I do pay that rate I intend to stick here in the US can't speak for anyone else of course.

jAZ
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Lets see years ago under Nixon the highest tax rate was 65% and they still stayed. I'd guess if the top rate went from 36% to 39.6% like it was before Bush they might stick around.

Just a guess though.

Crush.

Saul Good
08-27-2009, 03:12 PM
The % of ones tax burden has no corelation to their freedom. Only the naive think such. Example, do you think you would have more freedom in UAE, or the U.S.? Which do you think has the higher taxes?

Which country do you think you can be arrested for kissing your wife in public? Which country has no income tax? No tax= freedom? Only if you're dumb enough to believe it.

There have been cold days that were sunny. The sun has no correlation to the temperature.

BucEyedPea
08-27-2009, 03:43 PM

Hong Kong is freer than us, has a saner tax system and is prosperous too. I believe America has fallen to fourth place.

jAZ
08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Hong Kong is freer than us, has a saner tax system and is prosperous too. I believe America has fallen to fourth place.

Your residence suggests otherwise.