PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Piolis Approval

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I want to see what Piolis approval rating is on this board before the season starts. Every so often the Planet will be polled to see what Piolis approval rating is.

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
And I mispelled undecided, son of a bitch.

Bane
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm good so far.

chiefzilla1501
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Undecided.

I like the moves he made to transition the team to a 3-4. I like the move for Cassel. Really like the move for Haley (so far).

But I think he whiffed big time by keeping the status quo with the offensive line. Bringing in a guy who you hope will be the QBOTF and then trading away the best receiver, while doing little to shore up a troubled offensive line? None of that makes any sense to me.

Micjones
08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I approve.

I think we tend to forget that Pioli came in late and didn't have as much time to begin a normal off-season program as he probably would've liked. Not to mention having to turn over an entire staff of coaches, assign new FO posts, AND retain scouts from the previous regime.

I can understand wanting to see more of what the players could do before making certain moves. Thing is, we're up against it. Don't have much time left before the real bullets start flying.

Good thing is, they've proven that they aren't afraid to try improving this team through FA signings and/or trades.

LaChapelle
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
I've only known Carl.
A++++++++

Terribilis
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
and approve ;)

Hog Farmer
08-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Undecided.

I like the moves he made to transition the team to a 3-4. I like the move for Cassel. Really like the move for Haley (so far).

But I think he whiffed big time by keeping the status quo with the offensive line. Bringing in a guy who you hope will be the QBOTF and then trading away the best receiver, while doing little to shore up a troubled offensive line? None of that makes any sense to me.

Well there wasn't much to choose from this year as far as the OL goes.

I think he's doing great except for trading away TG. He would have made Cassels job a lot easier this year.

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 05:17 PM
and approve ;)

heh I was cooking dinner while posting. Proof I can't do 2 things at once.

Skip Towne
08-27-2009, 05:18 PM
and approve ;)

And he always uses then when it should be than.

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
And he always uses then when it should be than.

You're so senile i'm surprised you noticed.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-27-2009, 05:27 PM
I find it funny that the ONLY "disapprove" vote so far is from Knowmoran.

Skip Towne
08-27-2009, 05:29 PM
You're so senile i'm surprised you noticed.

How could I miss it? You do it every time.

Huffman83
08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm undecided. I like the direction but I know there's a lot of work to be done as far as the team goes. The vibe is different at least.

At one point there were probably a lot of people happy w/ Peterson. I know it sounds messed up! But it's true.

Tiger's Fan
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Undecided.

It's common knowledge that if you had your druthers, Herm would still be the head coach. You can deny that fact all you like, but it doesn't change the truth.

Mr. Krab
08-27-2009, 05:46 PM
They haven't played a game yet and he hasn't even had a full season to make his changes.

Incomplete

It's good to see this poll falls inline with the rest of Billaaaaaays posting failures. LMAO

chiefzilla1501
08-27-2009, 05:58 PM
It's common knowledge that if you had your druthers, Herm would still be the head coach. You can deny that fact all you like, but it doesn't change the truth.

Way to stay on topic, douche bag.

This is the last time I'll address this. I supported keeping Herm in 2009 and firing him if the Chiefs didn't have a winning season, no ifs ands or buts, assuming Carl Peterson stayed on as GM. Once Peterson was fired, I supported Pioli getting to keep his own guy. Feel free to dig around and find where I said otherwise.

Again, I have yet to see you ever talk football. You're a Chiefs troll on a Chiefs board. That's the last I say about that, because there's no reason to swerve this thread just because you have nothing to say.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Looking long term, you'd have to give an incomplete. The regular season hasn't even started yet, and it's going to take several years to get this franchise respectable again.

However, short term, just on the surface, I've been disappointed.

Nothing was done to fix the worst part of our team, the OL and pass rush.

2 high picks were spent on complementary players, and not on impact guys.

We committed to Cassel instead of seeing how 2009 panned out.

We are trying to force a square peg into a round hole by switching to the 3-4, bottoming out the value of a Top 5 pick, and creating the need to spend more high picks on non-impact positions.

I wasn't a fan of the Haley hire, but he's growing on me.

On the bright side, he received a 2nd round pick for a TE that didn't want to be here, and said he was only going to play another year. GREAT value.

If he gets a 5th for Thigpen, he wins huge.

He's willing to constantly bring guys in that might help the team.

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 08:05 PM
I would have fired his ass a long time ago.

Dayton fucking Moore is thrilled that Pioli is incompetent.

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Pioli reminds me of when I bought Clay Fighters for the SNES. I was expecting a quirky, fun version of Street Fighter II, and instead I was completely shit upon.

I'll never forgive that motherfucker for that.

CosmicPal
08-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Looking long term, you'd have to give an incomplete. The regular season hasn't even started yet, and it's going to take several years to get this franchise respectable again.

We are trying to force a square peg into a round hole by switching to the 3-4, bottoming out the value of a Top 5 pick, and creating the need to spend more high picks on non-impact positions.

On the bright side, he received a 2nd round pick for a TE that didn't want to be here, and said he was only going to play another year. GREAT value.

Wow. :clap: Pretty much everything I wanted to say and felt.

doomy3
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM

and approve ;)

And forum.

These aren't exactly words that people should need a dictionary for.

wild1
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Wow, that is quite an approval rating.

Kyle DeLexus
08-27-2009, 08:56 PM
I'll give Pioli some time before taking a side. I like what he's done thus far, but will go with undecided until after the next draft/offseason.

Chiefshrink
08-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I approve.

I think we tend to forget that Pioli came in late and didn't have as much time to begin a normal off-season program as he probably would've liked. Not to mention having to turn over an entire staff of coaches, assign new FO posts, AND retain scouts from the previous regime.

I can understand wanting to see more of what the players could do before making certain moves. Thing is, we're up against it. Don't have much time left before the real bullets start flying.

Good thing is, they've proven that they aren't afraid to try improving this team through FA signings and/or trades.

Agree totally!

Pioli knows were not going to the playoffs this year and will be a 50/50 chance next yr either with or without Gonzo;so why not get a good draft pick now with Gonzo while he still worth something since we are in true rebuild mode now. It's a win/win for both parties IMO.

Dottefan
08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Undecided

I am going to give him a until next year at this time to decide on how I feel about the guy. He basically was handed a team on life support. I will see what he does with next years free agency and draft and then make up my mind..but I do know one thing...I HATE DENVER.

Pioli Zombie
08-27-2009, 09:06 PM
How could I miss it? You do it every time.

And your a half dead old man every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shaid
08-27-2009, 09:13 PM
I apporve

tonyetony
08-27-2009, 09:18 PM

Holy Shit as negative as that was it was more positive than I ever would have expected.

TEX
08-27-2009, 09:31 PM
He had me the second he fired Herm Fucking Edwards.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Holy Shit as negative as that was it was more positive than I ever would have expected.

Feel free to actually make an argument against it.

Then again, I can see why you wouldn't bother, because it's nearly impossible.

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Yea this is just a poll I made to see where fans were at and it'll be interesting to see Piolis approval throughout the season. I see where your coming from but I disagree somewhat. The O-line was servicable but the D-line sucked. Switching to the 3-4 didn't matter the defense gave up 400 yards 9 times last season and Pioli drafts 3-4 players the best. So 2 good players on the d-line, a linebacker who can be a leader on defense and a QB who's proven he can win games. I disagree on the contract, if you are going to make your QB the leader you better be able to ensure that he will be with the team long term not just 1 season. Trading a tight end for a 2nd round draft pick was good and it looks like Pioli has drafted value in the 7th round (Succop and O'Connell.)

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Yea this is just a poll I made to see where fans were at and it'll be interesting to see Piolis approval throughout the season. I see where your coming from but I disagree somewhat. The O-line was servicable but the D-line sucked. Switching to the 3-4 didn't matter the defense gave up 400 yards 9 times last season and Pioli drafts 3-4 players the best. So 2 good players on the d-line, a linebacker who can be a leader on defense and a QB who's proven he can win games. I disagree on the contract, if you are going to make your QB the leader you better be able to ensure that he will be with the team long term not just 1 season. Trading a tight end for a 2nd round draft pick was good and it looks like Pioli has drafted value in the 7th round (Succop and O'Connell.)

The OL was nothing resembling serviceable. And isn't any better thus far this year.

There IS talent on the DL, but they weren't getting good coaching. To automatically dismiss them and switch to a different scheme in which none of them fit only delays the rebuild.

And Cassel was locked up for 2009. No reason to commit until he proved he was worth it.

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 09:49 PM
The OL was nothing resembling serviceable. And isn't any better thus far this year.

There IS talent on the DL, but they weren't getting good coaching. To automatically dismiss them and switch to a different scheme in which none of them fit only delays the rebuild.

And Cassel was locked up for 2009. No reason to commit until he proved he was worth it.

What talent was there on the D-line? Tamba Hali who got out ran by QB's? Or Glen Dorsey who lets be honest has a history of injuries and thats probably why he wasn't dominate, he's damaged goods. Alberts & Waters are good and Pioli probably though Goff was decent and Mcintosh played good the end of last year, you or Dane said before you don't need a great o-line. Also players like Harris and Richardson have been coached up. That should be credit to Pioli too since the Chiefs haven't coached players up in a long time.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 09:51 PM
What talent was there on the D-line? Tamba Hali who got out ran by QB's? Or Glen Dorsey who lets be honest has a history of injuries and thats probably why he wasn't dominate, he's damaged goods. Alberts & Waters are good and Pioli probably though Goff was decent and Mcintosh played good the end of last year, you or Dane said before you don't need a great o-line. Also players like Harris and Richardson have been coached up. That should be credit to Pioli too since the Chiefs haven't coached players up in a long time.

I tried to have a serious debate on this, but that post makes me think you've never watched this team play.

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I tried to have a serious debate on this, but that post makes me think you've never watched this team play.

Your right, prick. Just like your comment about the talent on the d-line... The same line that got 10 total sacks last year and with the same players who time and time got owned vs the run. Go toot your horn somewhere else, cock boy.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Your right, prick. Just like your comment about the talent on the d-line... The same line that got 10 total sacks last year and with the same players who time and time got owned vs the run. Go toot your horn somewhere else, cock boy.

Dude, when you imply that Dorsey is a bust, after one year of shitty coaching and being played out of position, then it's fair to assume you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

If shitty coaches ask players to do things they aren't capable of doing, they are going to look like shit.

Hali, Dorsey, DJ and Pollard were all grossly mis-used last year - and is a huge reason why people are pissed that we spent 2 high draft picks on DE's, only to have Tim Krumrie continue to coach them.

ChiTown
08-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Until I see this team in action and how the moves pan out - I'm undecided, but erring on the side of optimism.

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Dude, when you imply that Dorsey is a bust, after one year of shitty coaching and being played out of position, then it's fair to assume you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about.

If shitty coaches ask players to do things they aren't capable of doing, they are going to look like shit.

Hali, Dorsey, DJ and Pollard were all grossly mis-used last year - and is a huge reason why people are pissed that we spent 2 high draft picks on DE's, only to have Tim Krumrie continue to coach them.

Dorsey didn't do anything last year and what he'll be asked to do this year doesn't warrant a top 5 pick you even said so about Tyson Jackson. If you question me watching games I'll do the same about you. This was a team last year that didn't get to the QB at all have you seen Jackson play? He's been a very good player thus far. DJ isn't a top 15 pick so reguardless of what he does he'll never really be worth the pick, Pollard takes horrible angles and misses tackles, Hali will never be a great player. So those players you listed I don't see why you wouldn't abandon the 4-3 when you were with a franchise that was money at picking 3-4 players?

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Until I see this team in action and how the moves pan out - I'm undecided, but erring on the side of optimism.

That's fair. The poll was kind of like what did you think of Obama when he first got elected? It's always neat to go back and see how your opinon has changed.

OnTheWarpath58
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Dorsey didn't do anything last year?

Statistically, he had as good or better season than Haynesworth and Sapp did their rookie years, and he was playing out of position.

I can't take you seriously when you gloss over the facts.

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 10:13 PM
DJ isn't a top 15 pick so reguardless of what he does he'll never really be worth the pick

What?

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Statistically, he had as good or better season than Haynesworth and Sapp did their rookie years, and he was playing out of position.

I can't take you seriously when you gloss over the facts.

He had what 41 tackles? How many more times was he on the field then Sapp and Haynesworth? The Chiefs defense was a siv and the QB was Tyler Thigpen. Nuff said.

Chocolate Hog
08-27-2009, 10:17 PM
What?

The 15th overall pick should be able to shed blocks.

Raised On Riots
08-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Must...approve...
Must...obey...
Must...relinquish...individual...thought-processes...
End of line...
End of line...
End of line...

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 11:01 PM
How can ANYONE approve after TWO fucking pre-season games?

I can't wait to see this poll at mid-season with the Chiefs are either 1-7 or 0-8.

Micjones
08-27-2009, 11:10 PM
How can ANYONE approve after TWO fucking pre-season games?

I can't wait to see this poll at mid-season with the Chiefs are either 1-7 or 0-8.

Even 8 games in how can you blame this new regime for how this team might falter this season? There was so much to be fixed. I think it'd be silly, even then, to hang Chiefs brass for the residual effects of bad coaching/personnel decisions that pre-dated them.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Even 8 games in how can you blame this new regime for how this team might falter this season? There was so much to be fixed. I think it'd be silly, even then, to hang Chiefs brass for the residual effects of bad coaching/personnel decisions that pre-dated them.

I'm not going to "blame" them for a thing this year. Or next.

I've disagreed with their personnel choices this year but that's now water under the bridge.

2-14 is sounding pretty good to me with this roster.

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not going to "blame" them for a thing this year. Or next.

I've disagreed with their personnel choices this year but that's now water under the bridge.

2-14 is sounding pretty good to me with this roster.I'll bet you a 12 pack of Boulevard Wheat they'll win more than four.

Just for fun?

Raised On Riots
08-27-2009, 11:22 PM
I want to see what Piolis approval rating is on this board before the season starts. Every so often the Planet will be polled to see what Piolis approval rating is.

I don't apporve of your lack of spell-check. :D

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 11:23 PM
I'll bet you a 12 pack of Boulevard Wheat they'll win more than four.

Just for fun?

I'll have to Paypal you the dough because we don't have Boulevard in California if I lose.

But sure. You're on.

;)

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 11:23 PM
I'll have to Paypal you the dough because we don't have Boulevard in California.

But sure. You're on.

;)Cool.

Text handshake, and all that.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Cool.

Text handshake, and all that.

Sure. Send me a note or subscribe to the thread, just in case.

FWIW, I hope you're right and I'm wrong!

Bugeater
08-27-2009, 11:26 PM
He had me the second he fired Herm ****ing Edwards.
That was good and all, but I didn't apporve of how long it took him to do it.

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Sure. Send me a note or subscribe to the thread, just in case.

FWIW, I hope you're right and I'm wrong!Me too...lol

I figure last year's team was about the bottom of the barrel... as low as they could get.

Yet they still won two, and lost many leads late in the second half. I don't think They're gonna be great right away... but I really think Haley's gonna make a difference. This year the team will be in shape, for one thing.

(Besides, it's for fun. What's 13 bucks?)

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Me too...lol

I figure last year's team was about the bottom of the barrel... as low as they could get.

Yet they still won two, and lost many leads late in the second half. I don't think They're gonna be great right away... but I really think Haley's gonna make a difference. This year the team will be in shape, for one thing.

(Besides, it's for fun. What's 13 bucks?)

This team will be in excellent condition, very well coached and the clock management will be impeccable.

Lack of a pass rusher and NT, age at linebacker, horrific offensive line play, no one to catch the ball save for D-Bowe and no talent at RB (LJ's done, IMO) will cause this team to lose 13 games or more.

Especially considering their brutal opening schedule.

DrRyan
08-27-2009, 11:37 PM
I voted approve, but undecided would be more accurate. Having not played a single regular season game it is a little early to be giving pass/fail marks. As was already said, he came in late in the off-season and is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit this season. Give him a full year with next year's draft and FA signings and I am willing to bet the 2010 Chiefs will be looking much better in all areas. O line most notably.

Buehler445
08-27-2009, 11:59 PM

I'll throw out my .02 on the 3-4 bit. The thing is that if we stayed in the 4-3, we would invariably have to commit some talent to it due to the epic abortion the team was last year. And everybody knew going in that Pioli was going 3-4 and Haley talked early about wanting to go there too.

Now I totally agree that this sucks shit for the Dorsey pick, contract, and future. However, this is negatively affecting Dorsey and marginal talents like Hali, McBride, Tank (I still pray to GOD this motherfucker can at least be serviceable as a NT), DeMorrio Williams, and anybody else that I'm missing. If we would have stayed in the 4-3, it is likely these guys would have been upgraded. And when the inevitable switch to 3-4 happened, that talent would be in the same boat as Dorsey.

It does suck. I was so goddamn excited about Dorsey, and now....fuck. Hopefully he can provide some pressure as a DE, but if he was going to live up to his talent....fuck. But I still think it is better than trying to build a 4-3 and then scrapping that talent.

The other argument is stay with 4-3 for perpetuity, but that doesn't jive with Pioli's abilities (operating on the assumption that they are legit). And I still think you are hardass pressed to find good D-Linemen for it, especially DE's that bring the pain EVERY DOWN.

It certainly isn't optimal, but I'm OK with it.

DaWolf
08-28-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm rating Pioli more on the direction he's trying to take the team in and the foundation he's building rather than on what I think our record will be this year.

Long term, I think the 3-4 will serve us best. True, many of the players here may fit in better with the 4-3, but really, we sucked at playing the 4-3, so what's the point? 3 years from now if we have one of the better 3-4 defenses in the league, we'll be better off.

There are definitely a lot of holes to fill, but it can't be done in one offseason. I expect he'll have this team back in the playoffs and contending within three years. He inherited an absolute mess of a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game since 1993...

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2009, 03:45 AM

This I actually agree with you on. People are hung up on the idea that you have to be a starter to contribute on defense. Defense in a lot of cases is about depth, and we had a lot of quality depth. All we needed was a few playmakers, better coaching, and a better scheme.

That being said, I fully support the transition to a 3-4. I feel that a lot of front offices just don't know how to build it. Pioli does. And I like that the Chiefs are running a transition defense for now. Who knows? Maybe this time Pendergast's hybrid defense will catch on and they'll never need to move. Doubtful, but it can happen. I'm just a firm believer that a 3-4 is a much easier defense to build and maintain. The challenge is finding a stud Nose Tackle, but I'd rather do that than have to find 3 stud Defensive Ends and a stud MLB, as you need to do in a 4-3.

While I liked our potential with a 4-3 based on the base of players we had, there was never a better time to transition defenses. You don't have old, expensive, whiney veterans weighing down the transition period. And you can cut players on the cheap. Of course the 3-4 will take some time, but no team is better equipped to build it faster than the Chiefs are.

MichaelH
08-28-2009, 03:50 AM
There is no comparison between Pioli and King Carl. He could do nothing and still be better. I approve.

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2009, 03:52 AM

But on the Gonzalez front, you're trying to build the franchise around the QB as most teams do. Why would you take away his biggest weapon? Is that worth a 2nd round pick? I don't think it was.

beach tribe
08-28-2009, 06:03 AM

Of course he disapproves. Pioli will own the Doncos.

Reerun_KC
08-28-2009, 06:06 AM

This.... Zilla is longing for the days of Herm...

Buehler445
08-28-2009, 07:07 AM

FOCK I missed some shit last night.

I agree that there is depth on the line, but like I said, they were going to have to add some more. Namely a BAMF DE.

Dude, when you imply that Dorsey is a bust, after one year of shitty coaching and being played out of position, then it's fair to assume you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Agreed. The most WTF moment of the offseason.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Of course he disapproves. Pioli will own the Doncos.I have a feeling that quite a few teams will pwn the donks the next season or 2.

the Talking Can
08-28-2009, 11:13 AM
i love what they're doing

it makes perfect sense..they prioritized the weaknesses on the team and attacked them appropriately....

not much more they could do in a few months with a roster they knew little about first hand....smart fellas...

B_Ambuehl
08-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Disapprove:

1. Lack of focus in direction - You don't sign every geriatric has been under the sun then trade your hall of fame 30 something year old tight end. Either go old to win now or go young but don't try to do both.

2. Mismanaged draft- This team had the worst pass rush in the history of the NFL, no nose tackle, no right tackle, and no center. Instead of addressing those needs you go out and draft a 5-technique at #3 and another one in the the 3rd round...probably the least important positions for your defense and the one position on defense where plenty of later round guys have excelled.

3. Poor cash/contract management- Trading a #2 for Cassell I can live with. Signing him to a 60 million dollar contract when you had an entire year to evaluate him was a mistake at best. The only way he can live up to that contract will be to play like a top 10 QB starting this year, which even Joe Montana would have a hard time doing with this offensive line and lack of weapons (see hall of fame tight end comment above).

4. Lollygaggling around the hiring process for coaches- I don't necessarily agree with it but I'm willing to give Haley a chance. But when it comes to defensive coordinator instead of hiring somebody immediately you sit around and try to wait for Romeo Crennel and end up with a guy in Pendergast who has proven himself as a bottom 3rd D coordinator.

5. Poor use/management of existing talent- Dorsey and Hali are being set up to fail, or at least not play to to their potential, in this defense. Dorsey probably shoulda been dealt while the going rate for him was still fairly high. You coulda used that trade to address other needs. I doubt if he'll be worth much after this year.

wild1
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Disapprove:

1. Lack of focus in direction - You don't sign every geriatric has been under the sun then trade your hall of fame 30 something year old tight end. Either go old to win now or go young but don't try to do both.

2. Mismanaged draft- This team had the worst pass rush in the history of the NFL, no nose tackle, no right tackle, and no center. Instead of addressing those needs you go out and draft a 5-technique at #3 and another one in the the 3rd round...probably the least important positions for your defense and the one position on defense where plenty of later round guys have excelled.

3. Poor cash/contract management- Trading a #2 for Cassell I can live with. Signing him to a 60 million dollar contract when you had an entire year to evaluate him was a mistake at best. The only way he can live up to that contract will be to play like a top 10 QB starting this year, which even Joe Montana would have a hard time doing with this offensive line and lack of weapons (see hall of fame tight end comment above).

4. Lollygaggling around the hiring process for coaches- I don't necessarily agree with it but I'm willing to give Haley a chance. But when it comes to defensive coordinator instead of hiring somebody immediately you sit around and try to wait for Romeo Crennel and end up with a guy in Pendergast who has proven himself as a bottom 3rd D coordinator.

5. Poor use/management of existing talent- Dorsey and Hali are being set up to fail, or at least not play to to their potential, in this defense. Dorsey probably shoulda been dealt while the going rate for him was still fairly high. You coulda used that trade to address other needs. I doubt if he'll be worth much after this year.

:eek:

OnTheWarpath58
08-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Disapprove:

Trading TG was a clarifying point in said direction - guys with a me-first attitude have no place on this team. Not to mention, TG himself said numerous times he was only going to play one or two more years - and the TE position isn't valued in Haley's offense. Getting a 2nd round pick was highway robbery, IMO

Agreed, the 5-tech is not something I'd call an impact position. Getting no help in the pass rush and on the OL is a definite mistake.

I'm in agreement with giving him the year to evaluate him. Whether Cassel succeeds or fails will be the determining factor in Pioli's success/failure here. They are joined at the hip.

I'm warming to Haley, but taking so much time left us with Pendergast and Krumrie. Hopefully not for long.

Yet to be determined, but I see where you're coming from. Moving Dorsey means we have 2 Top 5 picks playing a complementary position. Not good value.

Simply Red
08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
like me some Haley, so okay on the HC job, we'll have to wait to fully grade him, IMO

Chocolate Hog
08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
And the 5-tech guy has been in the Qb's grill every game so far this pre-season.

Dave Lane
08-28-2009, 05:11 PM

And approve but who's counting

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Approve now, wait to see what the future holds.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Approve now, wait to see what the future holds.

That equates to undecided

ArrowheadMagic
08-29-2009, 12:07 AM
That equates to undecided

How so? I said I approve at this point... Unless you think i dont have the right to change my mind?

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 12:08 AM
How so? I said I approve at this point... Unless you think i dont have the right to change my mind?

That means undecided!

The other people are convinced that Pioli is doing a great job.

ArrowheadMagic
08-29-2009, 12:13 AM
That means undecided!

The other people are convinced that Pioli is doing a great job.

Think for the 1st time since the 1st 5 yr plan.... Chiefs are heading somewhere. Time will tell. Its been a long time since people have actually had to earn their jobs... its a step in the right direction. Hence, approve.

Thig Lyfe
08-29-2009, 12:13 AM
He gets an F- until he comes to his senses and starts Thigpen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Think for the 1st time since the 1st 5 yr plan.... Chiefs are heading somewhere. Time will tell. Its been a long time since people have actually had to earn their jobs... its a step in the right direction. Hence, approve.

So your approval is based on increments?

ArrowheadMagic
08-29-2009, 12:18 AM

Thigpen doesnt want to start....... starters get girls with skin.... its not how he rolls.

UsualSuspects
08-29-2009, 12:19 AM

Hope and odds............

Yours history?

:doh!:

Raised On Riots

ROFL You're really gonna' miss that little Pygmy, aren't you?

ArrowheadMagic

Something wrong with that?

Raised On Riots
08-29-2009, 12:24 AM
There's a possibility, as small as it may be, that as the franchise evolves under Pioli, he may not strictly adhere to the "Patriot Way" and may choose at some point to blaze his own trail and way.

DaWolf
08-29-2009, 01:38 AM
There's a possibility, as small as it may be, that as the franchise evolves under Pioli, he may not strictly adhere to the "Patriot Way" and may chose at some point to blaze his own trail and way.

As long as whatever way he adheres to wins some Lombardi's, I'm all for it...

kysirsoze
08-29-2009, 01:59 AM

I would disapprove of Pioli as well if I was a Broncos fan. Lord knows I approve of McDouchebag.

Consistent1
08-29-2009, 02:03 AM

He might get an F if he really could have gotten a 5th for him and ends up releasing the fool because other guys come available for free.

Raised On Riots
08-29-2009, 02:11 AM
He might get an F if he really could have gotten a 5th for him and ends up releasing the fool because other guys come available for free.

This.

DaneMcCloud
08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Something wrong with that?

Either you approve of the job he's done or you don't.

You can't base it on what might or might not happen.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Either you approve of the job he's done or you don't.

You can't base it on what might or might not happen.You know, I think the main reason I approve so far is that, if nothing else, he's blown up 99% of the Carl Peterson "legacy". And that's a GOOD thing, in my book. The Carl/Herm era is being quickly swept away.

TFG
08-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Um, duh, perhaps another "post preseason game 3 poll" is in order...

TFG
08-30-2009, 06:29 AM
That's 172 complete dummies... and counting.