PDA

View Full Version : Other Games This is the time for Marshall.

Direckshun
08-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Why wouldn't it be? Things couldn't possibly get more disasterous for the Broncos.

If the Patriots could acquire Wes Welker for a 2nd and a 7th... a 2nd and a low rounder is not a bad deal. Especially if we can snag a 5th for Thiggy.

Hell, throw Croyle in. Croyle is dispensible. Good backups are everywhere.

But the value of having two stud WRs is immeasurable.

Bane
08-27-2009, 09:22 PM
:banghead:

Buck
08-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah, because Haley loves loudmouth WRs.

The Bad Guy
08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I'd take him for that package. But no how, no way would the Broncos do it. Welker was nowhere near as established as Marshall.

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Why wouldn't it be? Things couldn't possibly get more disasterous for the Broncos.

If the Patriots could acquire Wes Welker for a 2nd and a 7th... a 2nd and a low rounder is not a bad deal. Especially if we can snag a 5th for Thigpen.

Hell, throw Croyle in. Croyle is dispensible. Good backups are everywhere.

But the value of having two stud WRs is immeasurable.

I was good with it until you mentioned throwing in Croyle.

Now that's just fucking stupid. When he's healthy, he's a FANTASTIC quarterback.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
I'd take Marshall but if they're going to trade him I highly doubt it's in the division...

I'm sure if they put him up there the Jets and Ravens would both immediately be interested.

CaliforniaChief
08-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Watch that video circulating tonight. I don't want that POS anywhere near Arrowhead. He doesn't subscribe to "The Chiefs Way."

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Watch that video circulating tonight. I don't want that POS anywhere near Arrowhead. He doesn't subscribe to "The Chiefs Way."

Yea well Moss didn't subscribe to the Patriot way either and well yea

riskrevival
now the Broncos are stupid don't get me wrong. But no way are the dumb enough to trade within the AFC West. Especially a player like that. So your Madden dream scenarios are exactly that, video game fantasy.

notorious
Ya, I will take a side of CANCER with the rebuilding project.

This is moronic. Why would we want to take a rival's headache away and give them picks on top of it all?

I am almost that guy that wants to win at any cost, but this is pushing the line a little bit.

Bane
08-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Mc Dumbass is a fool but if they traded him to us for any price,that would put the cherry on top.Haley is not gonna let something that destructive into his locker room.

Direckshun
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, because Haley loves loudmouth WRs.

Haley would love to have Boldin on this squad.

Period.

The Bad Guy
It would be amazing what a contract extension would do to that cancer.

KcMizzou
Yeah, because Haley loves loudmouth WRs.Haley's dealt with plenty of them, and Marshall'd do anything to stick it to the Broncos.

But yeah, I highly doubt Denver would ever trade him to an AFCW team.

DeezNutz
Why would we want to take a rival's headache away and give them picks on top of it all?

Because we like ridiculously talented players and winning games?

Bane

Period.

Wrong.:cuss:

CaliforniaChief

Yeah well Moss had already torched two bridges and knew that he had to change his ways. Marshall's not anywhere near that point yet.

Basileus777
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM

Moss' problems were always way overblown.

But I'd take Marshall, bu Denver isn't going to trade him, let alone to a division rival.

The Bad Guy
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Because we like ridiculously talented players and winning games?

Exactly.

I think some assholes on here would rather have a team full of choir boys that loses than one with assholes on it that wins.

TEX
08-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Ya, I will take a side of CANCER with the rebuilding project.

This is moronic. Why would we want to take a rival's headache away and give them picks on top of it all?

I am almost that guy that wants to win at any cost, but this is pushing the line a little bit.

This.

The Bad Guy
Yeah well Moss had already torched two bridges and knew that he had to change his ways. Marshall's not anywhere near that point yet.

Bullshit. Moss walked off the field during the end of games. Moss was a huge head case.

If you pay Brandon Marshall, you aren't dealing with these problems.

DeezNutz
Exactly.

I think some assholes on here would rather have a team full of choir boys that loses than one with assholes on it that wins.

Give me assholes all day long.

Wait...

DTLB58
Like I said before, this guy is T.O. jr.

This isn't just a one team thing he will do it wherever he isn't happy and with 13 incidents with the law in 3 years who knows what sets this guy off.

Pass.

I couldn't imagine a scenario where Pioli and Haley sit down and watch this and say "yea, This is our guy".

CaliforniaChief
08-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Bullshit. Moss walked off the field during the end of games. Moss was a huge head case.

That's what we thought about Larry Johnson too. Well he got paid.

CaliforniaChief
08-27-2009, 09:32 PM

Wait...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

riskrevival
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Exactly.

please name me a top tier team in the NFL right now with "asshole" players on it. Vick doesn't count because he hasn't gotten any wins with the Eagles yet.

Direckshun
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM

New sig.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Moss' problems were always way overblown.

But I'd take Marshall, bu Denver isn't going to trade him, let alone to a division rival.

You won't convince some of this, I personally have always liked Moss but that's how it is.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:34 PM
please name me a top tier team in the NFL right now with "asshole" players on it. Vick doesn't count because he hasn't gotten any wins with the Eagles yet.

Ben Roethlisberger is a total douchebag, so your point?

DTLB58
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Exactly.

Then color Haley and Pioli assholes because I don't think Marshall fits their idea of a Tough, smart, dependable player. Do you?

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 09:36 PM
What better "malcontent" to sign, than one that's furious with a division rival? (Kennison, Marcus Allen, etc.) A player who's driven to redeem himself and his image, and give a big F*** you to a hated rival is a good thing.

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Then color Haley and Pioli assholes because I don't think Marshall fits their idea of a Tough, smart, dependable player. Do you?

And Moss is?

Direckshun
08-27-2009, 09:37 PM
What better "malcontent" to sign, than one that's furious with a division rival? (Kennison, Marcus Allen, etc.) A player who's driven to redeem himself and his image, and give a big F*** you to a hated rival is a good thing.

Hell yes.

CosmicPal

Patriots with Randy Moss.

DeezNutz

All top teams only have players who are nice guys.

Oh, and these teams also get great play out of their guards, fullbacks, and tight ends.

Mecca
And Moss is?

Moss is extremely smart on the field, the other things I dunno.

notorious
08-27-2009, 09:38 PM

On winning teams, the assholes are considered colorful characters.

I am leaning this way on Marshall: If we were a playmaker away from making the SB run, I would bring him in a heartbeat for 2 years, then get rid of him. We are building a team that is going to have some hard times and protection problems. How do you think Marshall will react in that situation?

Date the hot girl that is a trainwreck, but don't marry her.

DTLB58

Isn't that what T.O. said? Just pay me. He got the big $ in Philly and :deevee: Still not happy.

Mile High Mania
I'll bet Dallas is interested... hell Shanahan is on the phone with Jerry saying "Yeah, remember when we talked about me coaching there in 2010... this guy would help sell me."

Basileus777
And Moss is?

After they got Moss, all the Patriots staff and players raved about how smart Moss was. So yeah, he's a smart football player.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Isn't that what T.O. said? Just pay me. He got the big $ in Philly and :deevee: Still not happy.

Actually what happened in Philly was he played his 1st year there very cheaply then he wanted to be paid like a top 5 WR like he was and they balked at him and that created a problem. It was that whole weird trade thing with his contract or whatever.

And no matter what anyone says about TO he plays as hard as anyone in the game.

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Moss is extremely smart on the field, the other things I dunno.

Football smart is one thing.

But I'd say that dude is anything but dependable. If he gave 100 percent effort on every play, he'd be the most unstoppable offensive player in the league, no question.

As it is now, he's pretty damn close.

DTLB58
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM
And Moss is?

Not had 13 incidents with the police in the last 3 years.

DeezNutz
After they got Moss, all the Patriots staff and players raved about how smart Moss was. So yeah, he's a smart football player.

Weren't tough and dependable on your list, too?

DeezNutz
Not had 13 incidents with the police in the last 3 years.

Correct.

Because he runs their asses over.

Don't fuck with Moss.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Actually TO shouldn't be brought up, he's never been arrested so he's nothing like Marshall.

riskrevival

Philly is just cheap, they don't like to pay anybody. That was just as much their fault as it was TO's.

Basileus777
TO's got problems, but everywhere he goes the situation is made worse because the media guns for him more than any other NFL player I've ever seen. Look at the situation in Dallas last year.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:42 PM
TO basically risked his career to play in the bowl then they got pissed when he asked for a fair market contract.

Mecca
TO's got problems, but everywhere he goes the situation is made worse because the media guns for him more than any other NFL player I've ever seen. Look at the situation in Dallas last year.

I think he'll do fine in Buffalo, that environment is nothing like Dallas or Philly.

Simply Red
I'd take Marshall but if they're going to trade him I highly doubt it's in the division...

I'm sure if they put him up there the Jets and Ravens would both immediately be interested.

it'd be good for sales.

Basileus777
08-27-2009, 09:45 PM
it'd be good for sales.

I wonder how many blackouts the Broncos are going to have this year.

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 09:45 PM
TO basically risked his career to play in the bowl then they got pissed when he asked for a fair market contract.They figured with all the bad publicity, they could get him on the cheap.

Bane
08-27-2009, 09:46 PM
I wonder how many blackouts the Broncos are going to have this year.

All of them!LMAO

Simply Red
I think Direckshun's thread here, I think it's point is to enlighten the idea, say it enough it may come true, careful what you wish for type of thing.

I'm not sure, but that's what I think.

Mecca
Here was a piece a blogger wrote about TO I thought summed things up on him pretty well.

Admittedly, I don't think it's hard to do. He still collects a huge following and was on TV Sunday at the Hall of Fame game.

He still looked like he had his game on Sunday. Still that big, fast receiver that forces corners to bump him and if he gets past the jam, then he can burn the defense deep.

Then I came across an Albert Breer column over at the Sporting News where one anonymous Cowboys official said this:

Hey, I didn't see him as a distraction, not intentionally. But, he was in the sense that every time something happened, it became a distraction. And whether there was truth to it or not, the distractions had their affect.

And I think this poignant quote really hit it with Owens.

The Owens haters saw the distraction that came with Owens and forget about the production and when all was said and done, he seemed to be a great teammate.

The Owens supporters (myself included) saw the production and saw him as not an intentional distraction, but forgot that no matter what he did the end result was a distraction and it hurt the team.

I think we're better looking at Owens in a hybrid of those statements. Productive player, good teammate, behaved for the most part, but he probably wasn't worth the hassle because in the end, there was going to be a distraction with him and the Cowboys.

And here's the real difference between having Owens in Dallas vs. having Owens in Buffalo or even Philadelphia for that matter. The local media.

When Owens was in Philly, he was beloved by the local media until the 2005 season came about where the Eagles really screwed the pooch with Owens as all he wanted was to be paid like a top 5 WR. When that didn't happen, the local Philly media stuck up for the Eagles organization and Owens was bid a good riddance.

Now that Owens is in Buffalo, again...the local media loves the guy.

The big differences from now in Buffalo and then in Philly is BSPN. BSPN actually beloved Owens as well when he was playing with the Eagles. He was the great trade the Eagles made that was meshing so well with BSPN's darling Donovan McNabb (I'm from Syracuse and grew up watching McNabb and like the guy, but BSPN goes out of its way to kiss his ass). But once Owens messed with McNabb, they became obsessed with Owens and reporting any story they could find, regardless if it was blatantly false and had weak/unverified sources. At least BSPN has been consistent and is still obsessed with Owens and dying to report any move that he may or may not make.

Dale Hansen wrote a column today complaining that the Cowboys players were basically focusing just on football instead of out partying. I wish I was making that up. Hansen is the same guy that criticizes the Cowboys and Jerry Jones for all of the distractions and then when the team focuses just on football, he criticizes the team for being boring.

I think it's no secret that the local media hates Jerry Jones, for whatever reason and thus they really love to bash the Cowboys as a way to get at Jones. Of course, Jones seems to bring this on himself as it's a badly kept secret that Jones will always give more time to his critics than his supporters. So if you want to get time with Jerry Jones and you're a part of the media, bash him at will.

And that's the crux of what I was thinking about Owens. He really stood no chance here because the local media didn't provide a 'support bubble' around him when Mr. Blue Suit and company were dying to report any story they could. To make matters worse, the local Dallas media just jumped into the fray themselves. He'll probably succeed in Buffalo for as long as his body allows him to. He's got the 'support bubble' from the local media and if he misses a practice and BSPN jumps all over it, the local Buffalo media won't care or will tell BSPN to take a hike.

So when he starts scoring TD's in Buffalo and everything seems peachy keen in Buffalo this year, we should have been expecting it to happen there in the first place.

notorious
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
TO is a trainwreck mentally, but he has been all business when it came to playing the game.

TO would never pull this at practice.

riskrevival
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Marshall's on NFL Live tonight, hopefully he acts like the "colorful character" he is.

DTLB58
08-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Actually what happened in Philly was he played his 1st year there very cheaply then he wanted to be paid like a top 5 WR like he was and they balked at him and that created a problem. It was that whole weird trade thing with his contract or whatever.

And no matter what anyone says about TO he plays as hard as anyone in the game.

I agree with his playing hard.

Ok, So Dallas paid him and what did he do there? Drama, same old same old Or JJ wouldn't have let him go.

Guys like him and Marshall are never happy, if they pull this crap once they will do it again and again.

Just because they change teams dosen't mean they will change. I really doubt someone who acts like this would be receptive to Haley's approach of coaching.

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 09:49 PM
I think he'll do fine in Buffalo, that environment is nothing like Dallas or Philly.

YOU dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Read that thing I posted up there...tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Bane
08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
He'll do fine till they loose and then he will talk the same old shit and try to be a coach.

Basileus777
08-27-2009, 09:51 PM
YOU dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Are you seriously disputing the fact that Buffalo isn't a major media center/market like Philly and Dallas? Buffalo doesn't draw anything close to the amount of attention or coverage the NFC East does.

Bane
08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Are you seriously disputing the fact that Buffalo isn't a major media center/market like Philly and Dallas?

Maybe they moved Bufffalo out of NY.LMAO

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
The Buffalo base loves the team and loves TO, he has support there.

The day he was signed in Dallas it was nothing but a media circus with everyone vulturing over the situation from media to fans.

Basileus777
08-27-2009, 09:53 PM

Buffalo isn't in the same market as NYC. People in New York City do not give a fuck about Buffalo, a city that is on the far side of the state from them.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:53 PM

NY cares about the Giants and the Jets to a less extent......you should head up to Buffalo if you think it's anything like NYC.

Bane
08-27-2009, 09:54 PM
The Buffalo base loves the team and loves TO, he has support there.

The day he was signed in Dallas it was nothing but a media circus with everyone vulturing over the situation from media to fans.

The only thing to hate about T O is his mouth.

Basileus777
08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
The NYC market is the tri-state area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_Region), Buffalo isn't part of it.

MOhillbilly
Read that thing I posted up there...tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

You dont know wtf you are talking about. TO will be lucky to make it out alive.

You think KC fan has it bad? you know shit about buffalo.

Bane
NY cares about the Giants and the Jets to a less extent......you should head up to Buffalo if you think it's anything like NYC.

Uhh I don't think that's what I said ,I was simply being sarcastic.

DTLB58
Actually TO shouldn't be brought up, he's never been arrested so he's nothing like Marshall.

Off the field you are correct, but his antics with teammates,coaches,practices and injuries are becoming comparable.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:56 PM
You dont know wtf you are talking about. TO will be lucky to make it out alive.

You think KC fan has it bad? you know shit about buffalo.

I think it's pretty apparent you have no idea what you are speaking of.

MOhillbilly
The NYC market is the tri-state area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_Region), Buffalo isn't part of it.

Why dont you STFU nOOb.

notorious

I have talked to friends that have been to Buffalo and they tell me it's like a Canadian Kansas City. You can't make that shit up LOL......

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 09:57 PM
I have talked to friends that have been to Buffalo and they tell me it's like a Canadian Kansas City. You can't make that shit up LOL......I can't decide if that's a compliment, or an insult...

:hmmm:

Mecca
08-27-2009, 09:57 PM
I have talked to friends that have been to Buffalo and they tell me it's like a Canadian Kansas City. You can't make that shit up LOL......

That's a decent sum up honestly, TO is already loved up there, the fans are thrilled that a big star signed with the team. He has full support there.

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I can't decide if that's a compliment, or an insult...

:hmmm:

I have no idea what the fuck that means.

This team's still shitty, eh? Yeah, eh.

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I think it's pretty apparent you have no idea what you are speaking of.

you have inside info about what buffalo fan is like compared to philly or big D? you been there? friends? what makes you think you know what buffalo media/fan is gonna do? some blogger told me so, must be true.

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 09:59 PM
All I really know about Buffalo (the city), I learned from Anthony Bourdain's trip up there on his show.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 10:00 PM
One of my best friends is a Bills fan who lives in Jersey and goes to several games a year...I think I have pretty good insight on Buffalo and it's base.

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
One of my best friends is a Bills fan who lives in Jersey and goes to several games a year...I think I have pretty good insight on Buffalo and it's base.

Right here. you are a fuckin tard.

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 10:02 PM
I have no idea what the **** that means.

This team's still shitty, eh? Yeah, eh.Shuddup, hoser. :)

Mecca
Right here. you are a fuckin tard.

Well hey you obviously know right?

I mean you know more about Buffalo than the poster in this thread from the east coast.

Basileus777

If only you lived in the Ozarks and didn't know anyone from the area you'd be less ignorant.

Hey, I've lived in NY and NJ my whole life. I went to school in upstate New York for four years and have been to Buffalo. Does my appeal to authority count?

notorious
Philly fans are assholes, Dallas fans are cocky, and Buffalo fans are ehhhhhhhh, kind of like us. Average to bad teams recently have killed enthusiasm.

After reading a few threads lately, I think I might have insulted Buffalo fan's intelligence.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 10:04 PM
If only you lived in the Ozarks and didn't know anyone from the area you'd be less ignorant.

I'm not really getting his constant insults on this, especially toward you when you live close to the damn place.

DTLB58
08-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Weren't tough and dependable on your list, too?

It's not my list, it's Pioli's list, the one he mentions everytime someone asks him what type of player he wants.

I asked if Marshall had those 3 attributes?

If we trade for him or sign him via Free agency I guess your right and I'm wrong. We shall see.

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm not really getting his constant insults on this, especially toward you when you live close to the damn place.

Might just be fucking around with you all...

R&GHomer

Difference in my mind is.... Moss finally figured out he wasn't above it all and the Pat's are his last chance. This fugtard is just getting started.

No Way I want him on my team. Haley would chew him up and spit him out. Don't see it, maybe at a league min or a few years down the road, but at this point, hell NO! I'm not sure if I have ever seen that kind of bull shit from a "Pro" ever!

Let us not forget, this fucking ass clown is getting paid millions to play a fucking game! WTF, people across America are fighting to live and provide for their families and he refuses to catch a ball in practice or hand it to a ball boy. FUCK HIM! and everyone associated with him

Mecca
Might just be fucking around with you all...

Oh wait..isn't he the one who's related to Gregg Williams?

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 10:06 PM
It's not my list, it's Pioli's list, the one he mentions everytime someone asks him what type of player he wants.

I asked if Marshall had those 3 attributes?

If we trade for him or sign him via Free agency I guess your right and I'm wrong. We shall see.

Correct, and I'm saying Moss isn't 3/3 on that list. Not even close, in fact.

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Well hey you obviously know right?

I mean you know more about Buffalo than the poster in this thread from the east coast.

why dont you stop talkin out your ass? lol.

fuck it.

notorious
08-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Let us not forget, this ****ing ass clown is getting paid millions to play a ****ing game! WTF, people across America are fighting to live and provide for their families and he refuses to catch a ball in practice or hand it to a ball boy. **** HIM! and everyone associated with him

Don't forget that millions of fans pay millions of dollars to watch him exhibit hit skills on a football field every Sunday.

A team will acquire his services, and he will be paid very well for it.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't forget that millions of fans pay millions of dollars to watch him exhibit hit skills on a football field every Sunday.

He'd get paid better if he's nut up and play like he can.

Simply Red
08-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Might just be ****ing around with you all...

ya think?

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
ya think?

People know he's a badass, though, and are a little reluctant to call bullshit. But that's half the fun, I'm sure.

notorious
08-27-2009, 10:12 PM
He'd get paid better if he's nut up and play like he can.

Without a doubt. Can you imagine a player with his skills that is a decent and respectable person to boot? The man could write his own ticket financially with all the endorsements that would be floated his way.

But, as history has shown, judgement and good attitude are not a characteristic of the position Marshall plays.

Simply Red
08-27-2009, 10:15 PM
People know he's a badass, though, and are a little reluctant to call bullshit. But that's half the fun, I'm sure.

he's just a country punk, that's his deal, he's an ex-punk rocker, he'll square off w. anyone in 'Eighties Punk Rock jeopardy.

R&GHomer
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM

Well, that's just sad isn't it. Guess that makes it all better, little baby can throw his tantrums and act like a fuck stick thinking he's better than the game and we can sit back and watch the best game in the history of the world end up like soccer. F that. Black list his ass and send a message

DTLB58
08-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Exactly.

So I'm an asshole because I don't want a player on the Chiefs that I think would act they way he is now if he gets ticked off at the Chiefs next time instead of the Broncos. Hmmmmm, Wow!

I've been watching the Chiefs since I was 10, I'm 45 now. (I've missed one game since 1989, that includes the Pre-season) You don't think I want to see them win a SB?

We all come here to read information or pass it on and share our love for our team. Why because we disagree on whether or not the team should pick up a player it resorts to name calling? Good Grief.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, that's just sad isn't it. Guess that makes it all better, little baby can throw his tantrums and act like a **** stick thinking he's better than the game and we can sit back and watch the best game in the history of the world end up like soccer. F that. Black list his ass and send a message

I could only wish,but you know somewhere he'll end up getting paid and thinking he won.

notorious
08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Well, that's just sad isn't it. Guess that makes it all better, little baby can throw his tantrums and act like a **** stick thinking he's better than the game and we can sit back and watch the best game in the history of the world end up like soccer. F that. Black list his ass and send a message

His job description include a few simple things: Catch the ball, run like a motherf*****, and block every once in a while. Imploding the locker room is optional.

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 10:23 PM

your old avatar was better.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:23 PM
So I'm an asshole because I don't want a player on the Chiefs that I think would act they way he is now if he gets ticked off at the Chiefs next time instead of the Broncos. Hmmmmm, Wow!

I've been watching the Chiefs since I was 10, I'm 45 now. (I've missed one game since 1989, that includes the Pre-season) You don't think I want to see them win a SB?

We all come here to read information or pass it on and share our love for our team. Why because we disagree on whether or not the team should pick up a player it resorts to name calling? Good Grief.

I'm with ya there,who cares how he CAN play when his panties are not in a wad.I care about how he acts all the time.Its not just the good a person does that defines them,its everything together.FUGG Marshall.

Mecca
08-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I think some people are way to caught up in if the players are nice guys or not, they aren't our buddies, we don't have dinner with them.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:28 PM
I think some people are way to caught up in if the players are nice guys or not, they aren't our buddies, we don't have dinner with them.

Sure,smack your old lady around and disrupt the whole team.That':Ds KC football right there folks:D

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 10:28 PM
So anyway...

I don't know that Dwayne Bowe will ever be mentioned with the likes of some of the WR's mentioned in this thread, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I like what Haley's doing with him. Bowe's getting the message.

Haley made it painfully clear he wasn’t going to tolerate it, demoting Bowe to the third-string offense less than two weeks into training camp. Only this week did Bowe start taking reps with the first-team offense again – not before realizing that Haley’s mental and verbal jousting was just beginning.

“If we start off slow in practice, he’ll be like ‘OK, Bowe, I see you guys don’t want to come out here and practice, so we’ll start it all over again,’ ” Bowe said. “A good play is never good enough. … When they put me on third string, I didn’t think ‘OK, I’m going to go into a hole now.’ I just had to make more plays. The plays I was making weren’t good enough for them. I started making plays in the running game, and even in the passing game, I was running hard on dummy routes to get another guy open. I had to become a full team player instead of just worrying about me.”

Bowe's getting the message, and he'll be a better player for it.

DaneMcCloud
08-27-2009, 10:29 PM

Period.

Says who????????

JFC, you fucking start threads without ANY information or knowledge.

I'm sure you're a nice guy BUT THIS ISN'T FUCKING FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Says who????????

JFC, you ****ing start threads without ANY information or knowledge.

I'm sure you're a nice guy BUT THIS ISN'T ****ING FANTASY FOOTBALL.

If Haley wanted him so bad we would have gotten him.Yeah lets bring in a player that called him a faggot on national tv.

notorious
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
The job that they do and the upbringing that pro football players have had lends them to act the way they do.

WR's are usually Divas. They almost have to be cocky, selfish pricks to consistently perform at a high level on Sundays.

Displaying their personality traits on the practice field is going a bit far, though.

R&GHomer
08-27-2009, 10:33 PM
His job description include a few simple things: Catch the ball, run like a motherf*****, and block every once in a while. Imploding the locker room is optional.

His job description should also include being a team member. Doing what he is paid to do on and off the field, not beating up on woman and actually acting like a professional getting paid millions.

notorious
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
His job description should also include being a team member. Doing what he is paid to do on and off the field, not beating up on woman and actually acting like a professional getting paid millions.

It should be that way, but since he works in a field that has few equals as far as skills and talent, he gets a pass from the owners (no pun intended LOL). Even though Society deems him to be a douche, society will still watch, and he will still get paid.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
On another note,Jarred Allen's can you use that in a sentence was awesome!

KcMizzou
08-27-2009, 10:42 PM
So anyway...

I don't know that Dwayne Bowe will ever be mentioned with the likes of some of the WR's mentioned in this thread, and I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I like what Haley's doing with him. Bowe's getting the message.

Bowe's getting the message, and he'll be a better player for it.(Quoting myself.. my bad)

I like how when the TEAM starts slow... he's calling out D-Bowe.

"OK, Bowe, I see you guys don’t want to come out here and practice, so we’ll start it all over again"

I think, for one... Haley figures he can handle it. That also makes me think Haley believes he can be a leader on this team. He's been made the example... probably because he has the most up-side.

If Bowe does everything asked of him, and becomes a better player for it.. he can tell the other guys... "Hey, it's tough... but it works."

notorious
08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Look at how the tough coaches have faired in the NFL.

Now look at how the soft coaches (F*** you Herm!) have faired.

I for one am happy we have a no-nonsense coach.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:44 PM
So basiclly Marshall is too chicken shit to say FUGG it Im pissed and Im gonna act like a 3 year old kid till I get my way.

riskrevival
08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
wow at him side stepping that interview. man the **** up if you are going to act like you do behind the scenes. this dude seems like a huge ****ing pussy.

Bane
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
wow at him side stepping that interview. man the **** up if you are going to act like you do behind the scenes. this dude seems like a huge ****ing pussy.

Yeah just man up and say look Im not playing here so trade me or sit me.Pitiful:banghead:

DeezNutz
08-27-2009, 10:50 PM
your old avatar was better.

The Cassel one?

Yeah, that was just a joke from another thread.

MOhillbilly
08-27-2009, 11:03 PM
The Cassel one?

Yeah, that was just a joke from another thread.

don play.

http://rlv.zcache.com/deez_nuts_poster-p228086778420991905t5ta_400.jpg

salame
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I'd take him

KCrockaholic
08-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, Im lovin this entire Marshall problem. Now what he needs to do is get his act together for the rest of camp, then during the season really kill them by dropping balls on purpose in clutch situations...

I only wish this would happen but even he isnt dumb enough to commit career suicide.

LaChapelle
08-28-2009, 01:50 AM
Just say no to dopes. A rookie head coach has a 6 win team over 2 seasons to deal with. An over 6 foot tall 2 year old to deal with is asking too much of a coach with a fuse shorter than Michael Jackson's breath.

tk13
08-28-2009, 02:08 AM
The thing with is Moss is... if he started acting up, Belichick would put him out on the street in a second. They never seem to care how talented you are. You can't say they've changed their ways for him. They don't have a team full of choir boys, that's not what it is about. They do have a team that works together and everybody works hard and keeps their head on straight.

R&GHomer
08-28-2009, 02:11 AM
It should be that way, but since he works in a field that has few equals as far as skills and talent, he gets a pass from the owners (no pun intended LOL). Even though Society deems him to be a douche, society will still watch, and he will still get paid.

His skills mean absolutely dick. Marshell on the field all by himself amounts to shit. It's a team effort and he is only as good as the rest of them. Can his ass!

veist
08-28-2009, 03:36 AM
And Michael Irvin did mountains of coke and stabbed a teammate in the neck with scissors over not wanting to wait for a haircut. Its a diva position, for every guy that quietly has a HoF career there are probably 5 or 6 guys that were assholes and problems that have a HoF career at WR. If he's getting it done on the field I don't really give a shit what he does off the field as long as he's not getting suspended. If I had the choice of a team full of guys that are pillars in the community but fail to win in the playoffs and a team of guys that are reprobates that win Super Bowls I'll take the winners every time. I don't need to be able to have a beer with them.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 04:14 AM
I'm fine with one of two things...

1 - Since he's being a complete ass, just bench him. Brandon's actions have wrecked his value, he has a small cap #, so just put him 5th on the depth chart... assign him to scout team or bench him. See how he digs that...

or

2 - Trade him to a nervous Jerry Jones. Jerry is opening up that new house in Arlington and if Roy Williams is indeed out for an extended period of time, he'll be anxious to pay.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-28-2009, 05:32 AM

Moss had rarely been in trouble off the field and the Patriots were an established team, with an established coach, and a established HOF QB. .... oh, and they had three rings. Just a little different situation there.

Bane
08-28-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm fine with one of two things...

1 - Since he's being a complete ass, just bench him. Brandon's actions have wrecked his value, he has a small cap #, so just put him 5th on the depth chart... assign him to scout team or bench him. See how he digs that...

or

2 - Trade him to a nervous Jerry Jones. Jerry is opening up that new house in Arlington and if Roy Williams is indeed out for an extended period of time, he'll be anxious to pay.

Yeah idea number 1 rocks!!!!Too bad Mc Dumbass doesn't have the nuts t do it.

brophog
08-28-2009, 06:17 AM
Moss had rarely been in trouble off the field and the Patriots were an established team, with an established coach, and a established HOF QB. .... oh, and they had three rings. Just a little different situation there.

But the point trying to be made there remains.......this was a player that the league had basically given up on, and he's renewed his career in New England.

New England respected him as a player, and he in turn respected them as an organization. Once that happens, everything else kinda takes care of itself.

Bane
08-28-2009, 06:20 AM
We talking bout practice man practice!!!!LMAO

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 07:21 AM
But the point trying to be made there remains.......this was a player that the league had basically given up on, and he's renewed his career in New England.

New England respected him as a player, and he in turn respected them as an organization. Once that happens, everything else kinda takes care of itself.

I don't know... I think part of it was maturing with age. Moss was great in MIN and then when he found himself in OAK, I think he realized that (a) that sucked and (b) he needed to get his head right. NE needed to improve their WRs, so they went for Welker and Moss... Moss definitely saw his chance at winning a SB and reviving his career.

Suggesting that Marshall would all of a sudden be a good guy with a new team is kinda pointless, he's had issues his entire career. Marshall was on top of the world with Shanahan and Cutler feeding him the ball, they were wise to do it... but, in the NFL things change and rather than pout, he should focus on kicking ass and getting out via FA next year with a fat new contract.

But, no... he would rather morph into the a-hole role and try to do what Cutler did to get out. I don't hear any bad things from the NE guys that worked with McD... sure, he's handled some things wrong and got off on the wrong foot, but his system is one that should be a dream for a guy like Marshall even if he's with Orton and not Cutler. Cassel proved that an uknown could come in and rock in that system.

Everyone will soon know if Cassel can come close to repeating his success in KC... Marshall needs to get over the loss of Cutler, but it's likely too late because he has no idea how to act within the team environment.

So, barring a trade that gets Denver the value they need - I'm fine with sitting him on the bench and dealing with him in that manner.

Bane
08-28-2009, 07:35 AM
He's gonna be a crying lil bitch no matter where he goes.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Denver lost their chance to set an example on Cutler. It's easy for me to say when I'm just another guy behind a keyboard, but McDaniels should have taken care of Marshall at the first sign of trouble.

Get him off the field, have him talk to Pat, then Keyshawn Johnson his ass. Denver holds all the cards, but they are acting like they don't have anything. When Marshall realizes that he might lose an entire years of income and exposure, he will have to shape up.

Besides, Denver's season is already a disaster. Why not reverse the trend by setting an example, and get their train going the right direction? Marshall would improve them from 2-5 wins to 3-6 wins this season anyway.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Denver lost their chance to set an example on Cutler. It's easy for me to say when I'm just another guy behind a keyboard, but McDaniels should have taken care of Marshall at the first sign of trouble.

Get him off the field, have him talk to Pat, then Keyshawn Johnson his ass. Denver holds all the cards, but they are acting like they don't have anything. When Marshall realizes that he might lose an entire years of income and exposure, he will have to shape up.

Besides, Denver's season is already a disaster. Why not reverse the trend by setting an example, and get their train going the right direction? Marshall would improve them from 2-5 wins to 3-6 wins this season anyway.

That's my thought... neuter the distraction and put him on the bench. If Dallas or another team wants him, hold out for a good offer. Otherwise, let his $2M in cap space and sour attitude rot on the pine.

Count Zarth
08-28-2009, 08:08 AM
I agree with Direckshun. The Chiefs ought to make a move. We got all this friggin' cap space, do something with it and bring us Kennison 2.0 on roids.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 08:12 AM
I agree with Direckshun. The Chiefs ought to make a move. We got all this friggin' cap space, do something with it and bring us Kennison 2.0 on roids.

Unless KC is willing to give up a nice offer, I would doubt DEN sends him to a divisional rival... they'd be better off letting him rot on the bench since the hit is minimal and letting him go where he likes in FA.

KC kid
08-28-2009, 08:12 AM

I agree for once. I want Marshall

notorious
08-28-2009, 08:13 AM
That's my thought... neuter the distraction and put him on the bench. If Dallas or another team wants him, hold out for a good offer. Otherwise, let his $2M in cap space and sour attitude rot on the pine.

You have to draw the line somewhere. Turn a negative into a positive, make it understood that no matter how talented you are, you are not above disciplinary actions.

I am still amazed that McDaniels didn't blow a fuse, though.

Bane
08-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I agree for once. I want Marshall

This will never happen,and for good reason.:cuss:

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 08:15 AM
You have to draw the line somewhere. Turn a negative into a positive, make it understood that no matter how talented you are, you are not above disciplinary actions.

I am still amazed that McDaniels didn't blow a fuse, though.

I would have loved to been behind close doors when things hit the fan yesterday.... at this point, I think the best move for McD is to let him rot on the bench. If Marshall wants to be the 5 year old prancing around saying "nanny-nanny-boo-boo"... then, treat him accordingly.

Bane
08-28-2009, 08:16 AM
I would have loved to been behind close doors when things hit the fan yesterday.... at this point, I think the best move for McD is to let him rot on the bench. If Marshall wants to be the 5 year old prancing around saying "nanny-nanny-boo-boo"... then, treat him accordingly.

Finally!!!!!!!:D

notorious
08-28-2009, 08:20 AM

Reality is setting in on Marshall. If he doesn't shape up now it will be a direct indicator on how weak McDaniels and Bowlen are. If they do their job, Marshall will show up and redirect that energy into playing.

You do what you would with a 5 year old. Punish his ass, then redirect the negative energy into something positive.

Count Zarth
08-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Unless KC is willing to give up a nice offer, I would doubt DEN sends him to a divisional rival... they'd be better off letting him rot on the bench since the hit is minimal and letting him go where he likes in FA.

Trade rumors between KC and DEN have already leaked.

TEX
08-28-2009, 08:26 AM

I totally agree.

notorious
08-28-2009, 08:48 AM
I have to be honest. Not that it will happen, but if KC picks up this douche, I will hate it at first.

When he makes catches and scores touchdowns, I will hate it less.

After a while human nature will take over, and I will probably cheer.

Now I feel like a douche. :(

notorious
08-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Well, I guess Pat and McDaniels broke their foot off in Marshall ass. Good for them, but I hate this as a Chiefs fan.