PDA

View Full Version : Rate my FFL team

chop
08-28-2009, 04:54 AM
I picked 10th in a 12 team league. Scoring is 1 pt for 25 yards passing, 1 pt for 10 yards receiving/rushing yards, 6 pts for every td, 1 pt per reception. Starting rosters 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 3 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def.

Here is my team:

QB- M. Ryan, M. Cassel
RB- M. Forte, K. Moreno, F. Jones, L. McCoy
WR- L. Fitzgerald, S. Smith (car), M. Colston, B. Edwards, T. Ginn, E. Bennett
TE- D. Keller
K. N. Folk
Def- Carolina

What are your opinions?

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 05:10 AM
WRs are the goundation of your team... I think Moreno will struggle and be sporadic, overall he'll have nice #s, but it will be week to week pain. Jones and McCoy will be the same... you have a state of panic if Forte gets hurt.

I like the QBs and the TE has solid upside.

Overall, very solid - just iffy depth at RB. If Edwards blows up early, you have him as a #4 and I'd move him for a top #2 RB.

chop
08-28-2009, 05:29 AM
WRs are the goundation of your team... I think Moreno will struggle and be sporadic, overall he'll have nice #s, but it will be week to week pain. Jones and McCoy will be the same... you have a state of panic if Forte gets hurt.

I like the QBs and the TE has solid upside.

Overall, very solid - just iffy depth at RB. If Edwards blows up early, you have him as a #4 and I'd move him for a top #2 RB.

Thanks for the input. I agree about the rb depth and I am a little worried about that situation. What do you think of Ray Rice, M. Bush, or Justin Fargas? I can get anyone of those guys.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the input. I agree about the rb depth and I am a little worried about that situation. What do you think of Ray Rice, M. Bush, or Justin Fargas? I can get anyone of those guys.

Are they FAs?

I would get Ray Rice immediately...

Rice has the same value in drafts as D Ward, Parker, Benson, J Stewart... right around the 62nd overall player drafted.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?year=2009&teams=12&pos=rb Ranks him as round 5 talent on ADP.

I like Rice and would easily take him on any roster as a #3-4.

chop
08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Just curious, who would you drop to get Rice?

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Just curious, who would you drop to get Rice?

Honestly, I'd drop Earl... and pick up Rice. Looking at your WRs (aside from a bye week), you're likely not going to start Ginn or Bennet much at all, they're nice depth options, but I'd take Rice over either of them.

beach tribe
08-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Check mine out

Cutler, Gerrard

D. Williams, LT, D. Sproles, Ray Rice, LJ, Lendale White

D. Bowe, Antonio Bryant, Dominik Hixon, Derrick Mason.

Rob Bironas.

Ravens D.

Oh yeah. Olsen at TE.

beach tribe
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Are they FAs?

I would get Ray Rice immediately...

Rice has the same value in drafts as D Ward, Parker, Benson, J Stewart... right around the 62nd overall player drafted.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?year=2009&teams=12&pos=rb Ranks him as round 5 talent on ADP.

I like Rice and would easily take him on any roster as a #3-4.

Yep, I picked up RR from our FA list. I couldn't believe he was there. He's gonna have a BIG year.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Check mine out

Cutler, Gerrard

D. Williams, LT, D. Sproles, Ray Rice, LJ, Lendale White

D. Bowe, Antonio Bryant, Dominik Hixon, Derrick Mason.

Rob Bironas.

Ravens D.

Oh yeah. Olsen at TE.

Not too bad - I like the Cutler/Olsen connection... solid depth at RB. I think you have a great 1-2 punch, you've cuffed LT and you have 3 guys in LJ, Rice and White that would be 2-3 on a lot of teams. You have a ton of options here to upgrade at other positions.

That leads me to WR... I like your first 2 guys as #2 guys, not #1 optoins... Hixon has lots of upside and is unproven and Mason is a true #3. Don't sit on this group long before you decide to make an upgrade, utilizing the depth at RB to get there.

I like the QB duo as well, nothing too spectacular (I think Cutler will be fine, not dazzling), but you don't have any big issues.

txhawk
08-30-2009, 08:49 PM
I picked 10th in a 12 team league. Scoring is 1 pt for 25 yards passing, 1 pt for 10 yards receiving/rushing yards, 6 pts for every td, 1 pt per reception. Starting rosters 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 3 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def.

Here is my team:

QB- M. Ryan, M. Cassel
RB- M. Forte, K. Moreno, F. Jones, L. McCoy
WR- L. Fitzgerald, S. Smith (car), M. Colston, B. Edwards, T. Ginn, E. Bennett
TE- D. Keller
K. N. Folk
Def- Carolina

What are your opinions?

You picked 10th and ended up with Forte and Fitz in a PPR. And Ray Rice was on the waiver wire.

If this league is for money, I'd like to formally announce my eligibility for joining that league next season.

chop
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
You picked 10th and ended up with Forte and Fitz in a PPR. And Ray Rice was on the waiver wire.

If this league is for money, I'd like to formally announce my eligibility for joining that league next season.

I should have mentioned that we are able to keep two players from our last years team. I selected Forte and Fitzgerald.