PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this team...

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Ok, so this is a new league for me, it's on AntSports and one that my dad has been in for a few years. I would call it high performance scoring with PPR, but QB TDs are 4 while all others are 6.

Starting rosters can be either -
QB / RB RB / WR WR / TE / K / DEF
QB / RB / WR WR WR / TE / K / DEF

It's a 12 team league (snake draft) and I had the 9th pick. There have been a few teams make some moves that made me question them, taking a few guys early ... or, since it's PPR & you can start 3 WR, why have only 1 WR through 6 rounds ... why take 2 QBs before R5? Normal things like that, but I'm sticking to a plan.

Right now, we're in R6...

My team so far, with round selected in ( ):

QB:
RB: Clinton Portis (R3) / Ryan Grant (R4) / Larry Johnson (R6)
WR: Andre Johnson (R1) / Greg Jennings (R2) / Braylon Edwards (R5)
TE:
K:
DEF:

The top 5-6 TEs are gone and we're past the Schaubs and Ryans as far as QBs, but Cutler, Big Ben and a few others are still out there. I decided to bypass QB and TE though b/c LJ was great value in R6 as a #3.

Sure, LJ won't put up phenom #s and he's not likely going to be a PPR machine in the new system, but he can still be a guy that has 1100-1200 yards rushing and upwards of 10 TDs if things go well. LJ's ADP (depending on the site you look at) is R4 or early R5, I've seen him drafted in many leagues late in R3 or early R4 as a #2 for teams.

I think Edwards and LJ were great value picks as #3 options at both positions. I'll be fine with an Olsen, Carlson or similar at TE and there are still 4-5 QBs that I would be comfortable with as well. So, I'm not really freaked out at all right now by not having a QB or TE.

Thoughts?

chop
08-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm also concerned that you don't have a QB yet but you did get good value on all of your picks. The only problem I have with your rb's is that none of them are ppr guys. I'm interested how the rest of your team fills out. Keep updating.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, the lack of PPR with the RBs is a bit concerning, but if they all surpass 1,100 yds rushing and approach double digit TDs, it's good. Plus, my 3 WRs should be fine from a PPR perspective and right now I'm looking mostly at a RB-3 WR set for the lineup, so from a PPR perspective I'm fine with that thought.

Mile High Mania
08-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Ok, R7-8 popped up and I went QBs... there had been a run and I didn't want to get stuck with a rookie as my #2.

I like the depth so far, just need TE and a few others at RB/WR...

My team so far, with round selected in ( ):

QB: Ben Roethlisberger (R7) / Matt Hasselbeck (R8 )
RB: Clinton Portis (R3) / Ryan Grant (R4) / Larry Johnson (R6)
WR: Andre Johnson (R1) / Greg Jennings (R2) / Braylon Edwards (R5)
TE:
K:
DEF: