PDA

View Full Version : Football Marshall suspended!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Bane
08-28-2009, 08:43 AM
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!LMAO
Suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team! It just keeps getting better and better!.UPDATE!!!!!!! He's only suspended for the remainder of the pre season!!!:cuss:

So Mc Daniels vagina must have gotten a lil irritated.

rockymtnchief
08-28-2009, 08:45 AM
He asked for it. He deserves it.

InChiefsHell
08-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Awe-some!!

ChiefJustice
08-28-2009, 08:46 AM
linky my winky

wait...that didn't sound good.

note to self:think before you type:

Fish
[giggle]

Bane
He asked for it. He deserves it.

No arguments there.:D

Count Zarth
08-28-2009, 08:47 AM
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=892765&nid=4249830&fhn=1

Broncos Suspend WR
by Adam Caplan of ScoutNFLNetwork.com (http://profootball.scout.com/), August 28, 2009 at 10:43am ET

Brandon Marshall Profile (http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=8&c=1&nid=4249830)

The Denver Broncos announced Friday that starting WR Brandon Marshall has been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. It was not disclosed how long Marshall will be suspended for.

Marshall likely was suspended for his antics (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html) during practice this week.

Marshall has asked to be traded, but the team has declined his request.

For more on the Broncos, check out Broncos Update (http://den.scout.com/).

Reerun_KC
Denver is becoming the Chiefs of the last 3 years.... This is fun!

Frazod
Just in time for their game against Cutler and the Bears.

BWAAHAAHAA LMAO

Simply Red
good, & wonder how Denver fans feel about that. How would you feel if he was a Chief while all of this was happening & we suspended him?

vailpass
McKid making his footprint. All I can say is the boy better win early and often. IMO he has this year as a semi-grace period then it's put out or get out.

rambleonthruthefog
who wouldn't suspend him after that pathetic/immature show he put on at practice the other day. will he get paid while suspended?

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 08:48 AM
good, & wonder how Denver fans feel about that. How would you feel if he was a Chief while all of this was happening & we suspended him?

I'm happy... his antics have grown tiresome. Let him rot.

Bane
Just in time for their game against Cutler and the Bears.

BWAAHAAHAA LMAO

Yeah maybe he could have caught one of those left handed genius decision,dont take the sack passes!!!LMAO

Rain Man
That team is like Somalia right now. There's been a complete collapse.

Frazod

We disintegrated over the course of several years - they just died all at once.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team or fanbase. :thumb:

Bane
08-28-2009, 08:49 AM
McKid making his footprint. All I can say is the boy better win early and often. IMO he has this year as a semi-grace period then it's put out or get out.

3 years and out at this pace.

Marcellus
08-28-2009, 08:49 AM
But I thought Marshall and Bowe's situation were basically the same? Is Bowe about to get suspended?

Bane
08-28-2009, 08:50 AM
But I thought Marshall and Bowe's situation were basically the same? Is Bowe about to get suspended?

No, he has a real coach.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 08:50 AM
who wouldn't suspend him after that pathetic/immature show he put on at practice the other day. will he get paid while suspended?

Is Marshall hurting his trade value or speeding up a trade? I would guess there are still a good number of teams that would make a deal for and pay B-Marsh. Seems like this hurts the Broncos a lot more than Marshall. McKid getting slapped around by the all-stars, first JC now Marshall.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 08:51 AM
We disintegrated over the course of several years - they just died all at once.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team or fanbase. :thumb:

If you knew football as well as fat you wouldn't say such stupid things.

alpha_omega
08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
I wish we could get them on opening day!

dirk digler
08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
LMAO Awesome. The best off-season in history continues

notorious
08-28-2009, 08:53 AM
This will help Denver out in the long run. It would be tough to lose a probowler, but they have set the example, and it will pay off.

WTF was Marshall thinking? If I act stupid, they will throw millions at me?!?! He had to know this was coming.

vailpass
3 years and out at this pace.

Depends on how Denver does on the field this year and next. McKid is remaking the team in his own image. Wheterh that can translate to winning is yet to be seen. If this is lovin it is sure as hell tough love. Can't say I'm thrilled but I'll take a wait-and-see. Chemistry is just as if not more important than any single player.

vailpass
I wish we could get them on opening day!

Careful what you wish for. Have you seen your team lately?

Frazod
08-28-2009, 08:54 AM
If you knew football as well as fat you wouldn't say such stupid things.

Aww, is the InvisibleCyberPussy a little butthurt today? LMAO

Bane
Is Marshall hurting his trade value or speeding up a trade? I would guess there are still a good number of teams that would make a deal for and pay B-Marsh. Seems like this hurts the Broncos a lot more than Marshall. McKid getting slapped around by the all-stars, first JC now Marshall.

There will always be a team to take that kind of player.Im sure he can and will be a very good receiver when all this BS is over but I doubt it will be with the DONKOS!

Mile High Mania

I need to see more from McD during the course of the season before I get too upset with him... I think we had a couple of drama queens that showed their true colors without Shanahan.

RJ

Broncos = Failed State.

Chief Henry
08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Bam Morris (ish) with out the trunk load of ganja !

Fairplay
The Mange is in meltdown mode.

They are jerking each other off furiously to maintain any kind of morale.

Frazod
Failass is in meltdown, too. Isn't it wonderful? :D

Bane
08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Depends on how Denver does on the field this year and next. McKid is remaking the team in his own image. Wheterh that can translate to winning is yet to be seen. If this is lovin it is sure as hell tough love. Can't say I'm thrilled but I'll take a wait-and-see. Chemistry is just as if not more important than any single player.

The team is a reflection of its head coach,so far...Not so good.:banghead:

vailpass
08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
There will always be a team to take that kind of player.Im sure he can and will be a very good receiver when all this BS is over but I doubt it will be with the DONKOS!

I can see B-Marsh going to Dallas so he is there when Shanny takes over next year and brings the 'Boys a couple more rings.

Bane
08-28-2009, 08:57 AM
The Mange is in meltdown mode.

They are jerking each other off furiously to maintain any kind of morale.

Yeah I just checked that too,its like not having kool aid at a 3 year old birthday party!!!!!!LMAO

Rain Man
Broncos = Failed State.

I fully expect to encounter an Orton-commanded pirate ship on my way home tonight. Fortunately, it should be easy to dodge since it won't know how to lead me as I walk.

Brock
I can see B-Marsh going to Dallas so he is there when Shanny takes over next year and brings the 'Boys a couple more rings.

Is Elway coming out of retirement?

dirk digler
08-28-2009, 08:58 AM

Will you become a Cowboys fan then?

Bane

Maybe but he will start his cry baby shit there first chance he gets.I would hope JJ had enough cry baby shit with T O.

vailpass
I need to see more from McD during the course of the season before I get too upset with him... I think we had a couple of drama queens that showed their true colors without Shanahan.

Yep. Shanny's style was more polished, McKid still has the over-aggresivenes of youth. He fucked up the Cutler thing bad, hopefully he will learn from it.
Everything is cured by winning, let's see what he does come game day.

Buck
The only thing that could make this offseason any better is if Tom Nalen were to visit the broncos camp and accidentally slip and take out half the O-Line's knees.

I'm not one who roots for injuries, but with what the Broncos have done to many players in the past, fuck 'em.

wild1
08-28-2009, 08:59 AM
McDaniels horridly, horridly screwed up by running off the franchise quarterback. True.

But, Marshall they should have traded long ago. He's got a poor attitude, he's getting in trouble off the field, he's more trouble than he's worth. This follows with the trend that began with the firing of Shanahan of Denver getting everything wrong. They keep when they should trade, they trade when they should keep.

If they want to right this ship this season, trade Marshall, get another credible QB to compete for the job in the deal along with some additional compensation.

RJ
I fully expect to encounter an Orton-commanded pirate ship on my way home tonight. Fortunately, it should be easy to dodge since it won't know how to lead me as I walk.

Be careful of the wobbly, wounded duck cannon balls.

Bane

Elway had nothing to do with their SB run anyway.We all know it was Neil Smith and his over grown breathe right strips!!!!!LMAO

wild1

You mean Terrell Davis?

vailpass
The team is a reflection of its head coach,so far...Not so good.:banghead:

The team or Marshall? Nobody is talking about the team, all talk has been about Cutler, B-Marsh and McKid.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Will you become a Cowboys fan then?

That is a HELL of a thing for you to say to me/Doc Holiday

Brock
You mean Terrell Davis?

No, I mean Elway.

rockymtnchief
Careful what you wish for. Have you seen your team lately?

KC has a long ways to go, but at this point, I like their odds against Orton and Denver.

Bane
The team or Marshall? Nobody is talking about the team, all talk has been about Cutler, B-Marsh and McKid.

B-Marsh....Cute:banghead:

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:01 AM
The only thing that could make this offseason any better is if Tom Nalen were to visit the broncos camp and accidentally slip and take out half the O-Line's knees.

I'm not one who roots for injuries, but with what the Broncos have done to many players in the past, **** 'em.

Kinda' how I feel about Phyllis Rivers taking a career-ending knee shot now that she signed a big deal.

Bane

No one has talked about the team..Uh ok.How about all the talk on how the defense was sick and they bring in 23 more running backs?

vailpass
B-Marsh....Cute:banghead:

What do you mean?

Bane
08-28-2009, 09:02 AM
What do you mean?

Like I guess you would be V-Pass.AWESOME!!!!!:clap:

Fairplay
08-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Cutler is laughing.

Bane
Cutler is laughing.

With good reason.:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

dirk digler
That is a HELL of a thing for you to say to me/Doc Holiday

Had to ask

TEX
08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
LOL! The offseason soap opera continues. I honestly can't remember a team emploding this badly in just 1 off season. However, in all honesty the punk needed to be suspended. Still funny as hell though...:)

Buck
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
On ESPN.com Adam Schefter says he is suspended for the Remainder of the Pre-Season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4428598

Broncos suspend WR Marshall

The Denver Broncos have suspended Brandon Marshall for the rest of the preseason for insubordination.

Coach Josh McDaniels met with Marshall Friday morning and informed him he was being suspended for conduct detrimental to the team after exhibiting open acts of insubordination Wednesday on the practice field.

McDaniels informed the team in a full-squad meeting of the decision Friday, at the end of a meeting in which they discussed the upcoming game against Bears.

Marshall said during an ESPN interview Thursday night that he was not trying to force a trade through insubordination, but that frustration got the best of him during a disruptive display at practice this week.

In the video aired by KMGH-TV from Wednesday's portion of practice that was open to the media, Marshall was shown walking when the rest of the team was running during warmups, insolently punting the ball away instead of handing it to a ball boy and swatting away a pass that was thrown to him.

Marshall said some of the video, which included a shot of him sitting on his pads before practice, was taken out of context. But he acknowledged his frustration boiled over and that it was an error in judgment to act as he did, especially when he punted the ball.

"I think everybody knows there's a lot of stuff built up there, and me handling it that way wasn't good," Marshall said.

Marshall said he wasn't trying to force his way out of town -- he asked for a trade this summer after the Broncos declined to rework a contract that will pay him $2.2 million this season.

"I'm not out there trying to be a distraction to the team," Marshall said. "Unfortunately, yesterday I kind of let my frustration get the best of me."

Marshall, held out of the Broncos' preseason game at Seattle on Sunday night after admitting he didn't know the playbook and running almost strictly with the scout team last week, said he wants to get ready for another good season in Denver.

Information from ESPN reporter Ed Werder, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.

vailpass
Like I guess you would be V-Pass.AWESOME!!!!!:clap:

You think I created the term "B-Marsh" or invented the trend of calling famous people by the first letter of their first name followed by an abbreviated pronunciation of their last name?
Not real current with the times huh? They have satellite TV in that backwater burg in which you dwell?

Frazod
Cutler is laughing.

I really need to get a Cutler jersey. :D

TEX
On ESPN.com Adam Schefter says he is suspended for the Remainder of the Pre-Season

That's like a slap on the wrist. Pussies...

booyaf2
I hope he shows at the game with a bears cutler jersey on

notorious
Suspended for just the preseason?

McDaniels and Bowlen need to check to see if they have a pair of balls between their legs or resting on their chin. Good god that is weak.

dirk digler
08-28-2009, 09:06 AM
That is lame who cares about the pre-season. I bet Marshall is happy

beach tribe
Where the hell HoMo2724 to tell us that this was the best thing that could have happened to the broncos?

"Brandon Marshall's suspension will allow the other WRs to get more reps with the man God Orton."

Can you believe that this dumbass thinks losing Cutler was a good thing.

Cutler 13-1 when his team allows 21 points or less.

Bane
You think I created the term "B-Marsh" or invented the trend of calling famous people by the first letter of their first name followed by an abbreviated pronunciation of their last name?
Not real current with the times huh? They have satellite TV in that backwater burg in which you dwell?

No I just love how you are pimping your boy!!!

Fairplay
The Mange posted a suicide alert number for its members.

dj56dt58

Herm wouldn't have the balls

vailpass
Had to ask

No you didn't, that was just plain meanLMAO

I remain a Shanny fan though, just like I always pulled for Reeves.

Reerun_KC
08-28-2009, 09:07 AM

Reminds me of the day we signed Herm...

Just a total collaspe of the franchise!

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I really need to get a Cutler jersey. :D

They don't make them any bigger than XXXXXXXXXXXXL. Maybe you can buy three and stitch them together. You could wheel around with 666 on your back like morbidly obese Satan.

the Talking Can
08-28-2009, 09:08 AM
LMAO Awesome. The best off-season in history continues

this

this shit is glorious

and hilarious

Josh McWeepants

LMAO

notorious
They don't make them any bigger than XXXXXXXXXXXXL. Maybe you can buy three and stitch them together. You could wheel around with 666 on your back like morbidly obese Satan.

ROFL

vailpass
I hope he shows at the game with a bears cutler jersey on

That would be some funny shit.

KCtotheSB
Unfortunately, this is a step in the right direction for the Broncos.
Boooooo!

dirk digler
08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
No you didn't, that was just plain meanLMAO

I remain a Shanny fan though, just like I always pulled for Reeves.

o:-)

I just figured most people who live in Arizona are Cowboys or Cardinal fans

That would give you a good excuse to switch teams :D

Fairplay
08-28-2009, 09:10 AM
The Mange is advising its members not to where the team jerseys in public. Because they will get harassed, violated, beaten, mugged and possibly raped.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Where the hell HoMo2724 to tell us that this was the best thing that could have happened to the broncos?

"Brandon Marshall's suspension will allow the other WRs to get more reps with the man God Orton."

Can you believe that this dumbass thinks losing Cutler was a good thing.

Cutler 13-1 when his team allows 21 points or less.

Cutler is a bad fothermucker no doubt about it. Cutler with Marshall, Royal et al was headed for some huge numbers. Can't believe it all went to shit so fast. I like Bowlen as an owner but this just goes to show that Canadians should stay the fuck out of the NFL.

notorious
08-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Unfortunately, this is a step in the right direction for the Broncos.
Boooooo!

My thoughts at first, but a preseason suspension. OOOOOOOOoooooooooooo, I'm sure that will scare Marshall straight.

Good news for Chiefs fans in the fact that McDaniels and Bowlen have big sloppy vaginas instead of balls. 2 regular season games would have been more like it.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:12 AM
o:-)

I just figured most people who live in Arizona are Cowboys or Cardinal fans

That would give you a good excuse to switch teams :D

Alright dude is it SO ON right now! :cuss:

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:12 AM
The Mange is advising its members not to where the team jerseys in public. Because they will get harassed, violated, beaten, mugged and possibly raped.

Wear did you see that? :)

stevieray
08-28-2009, 09:14 AM
I bet Cutler is chomping at the bit.

wild that he donks would eradicate such a lethal combo...

Rain Man
08-28-2009, 09:17 AM

This is what happens when Brandon Marshall has a lot of free time on his hands.

I'm starting to wonder whether he really slipped on that McDonald's wrapper.

Frazod
08-28-2009, 09:17 AM

Your tears sure are tasty, InvisibleCyberPussy. Cry some more. I guess it'll be a rough day for the next orphan or kitten you run into.

Buck
08-28-2009, 09:18 AM
This is what happens when Brandon Marshall has a lot of free time on his hands.

I'm starting to wonder whether he really slipped on that McDonald's wrapper.

Its already known that was a cover up story. He was wrestling with a family member and got thrown into an entertainment center, IIRC.

brophog
The real question here is, why didn't this happen yesterday? Did it take a video to be released before that organization decided this was really a problem?

The real failing here is that a suspension doesn't actually fix anything. The organization, and Marshall, simply continue to fail to work out an amicable solution in this pissing match.

More lulz will be had in the future, and the weasels know it.

dirk digler
Alright dude is it SO ON right now! :cuss:

LMAO

We will see if Shanahan becomes the Cowboys coach. I bet you will start sporting a Cowboys jersey with Romo on it. ;)

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Cutler is a bad fothermucker no doubt about it. Cutler with Marshall, Royal et al was headed for some huge numbers. Can't believe it all went to shit so fast. I like Bowlen as an owner but this just goes to show that Canadians should stay the **** out of the NFL.

That is the dumbest thing you've posted...

vailpass
I bet Cutler is chomping at the bit.

wild that he donks would eradicate such a lethal combo...

Yor are probably right, Cutler is looking to show Denver what they lost. OTOH I'm thinking the guys on the Denver D are itching to take a kill shot at Cutler. If da Bears are smart they won't leave Cutler in the game very long.

Mr. Kotter
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Ugly Duck
Broncos = Failed State.

What? Just because a fledgling HC comes in and jettisons the two best players on the team? Heck... its not like their video screen was too big or something...

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM
That is the dumbest thing you've posted...

That is saying a lot, I've posted some pretty damn dumb things. In fact I think I'm offended that you think this is my best work.

Which part do you think is dumb?

Bane
08-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Yor are probably right, Cutler is looking to show Denver what they lost. OTOH I'm thinking the guys on the Denver D are itching to take a kill shot at Cutler. If da Bears are smart they won't leave Cutler in the game very long.

Because?????????

vailpass
What? Just because a fledgling HC comes in and jettisons the two best players on the team? Heck... its not like their video screen was too big or something...

Howdy UD.
It's called taking control of your team as a head coach. You saw it when Madden and Chucky were at the helm, you'll probably see it again after the crypt-keeper dies but surely not before then.

vailpass
Because?????????

What is your question?

Bane
08-28-2009, 09:23 AM
What is your question?

They shouldnt leave him the for long because???
He might show just how silly the Donkos D is?

Rain Man
What is your question?

I think he's curious how Cutler could possibly get hurt when your defensive line is a group of Brownies.

vailpass
Its already known that was a cover up story. He was wrestling with a family member and got thrown into an entertainment center, IIRC.

Yep. I'm guessing Rain was speaking with TIC.

dirk digler
08-28-2009, 09:24 AM
I didn't know the Donkeys had a D

MahiMike
08-28-2009, 09:24 AM

You mean LJ the last couple years? That would've been the best thing for the whole team. LJ knows the new regime wouldn't hesitate to do that.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
That is saying a lot, I've posted some pretty damn dumb things. In fact I think I'm offended that you think this is my best work.

Which part do you think is dumb?

Which part would you think... maybe the part about Bowlen? :hmmm:

I agree that this is obviously the worst case scenario and while McD and Xanders have screwed some things up, mainly the handling of the Cutler deal... this is all on Marshall.

There are plenty of guys on that team that appear to be right in line with what McD is putting in place, I don't see guys like Royal acting like little girls. None of us would admit it before, but Cutler always had a bit of drama queen in him with his attitude... and it broke through vividly when his issues with management popped up.

Marshall is reacting to the loss of his QB buddy... the loss of Shanahan (which nearly everyone agreed was time for him to move on)... and the realization that his actions off the field were preventing him from getting the fat payday he's earned. It's his 'contract year' and for many reasons he is upset, but he chose to handle it very poorly.

I'm not putting the Marshall drama squarely on the shoulders of the owner or the coaches. Marshall had great drama long before the new regime stepped in...

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
LMAO

We will see if Shanahan becomes the Cowboys coach. I bet you will start sporting a Cowboys jersey with Romo on it. ;)

I've always respected you, but it is now officially hard to like you.:moon:

Ugly Duck
08-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Howdy UD.
It's called taking control of your team as a head coach.

Oh yeah.... I remember now - our McDaniels was named "Kiffin."

Slainte
Amazing.

Its a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
For you

Its a wonderful time to be here
Its nice to be alive
Wonderful people everywhere
The way they comb their hair
Makes me want to say

Its a wonderful place
For you

Hey
Tell me what I say

Boy n girl with the new clothes on
You can shake it to me all night long
Hey hey

Its a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
For you

Its not for me

Its a beautiful world
For you
Not me.

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/d/devo/album-oh-no-its-devo.jpg

HC_Chief
Here's the video as to WHY BM is now suspended:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

Rain Man
08-28-2009, 09:27 AM
This stuff really does make me wonder why wide receivers as a group tend to be the worst prima donnas.

I can kind of see that that type of person might be attracted to the receiver spot because they're out there by themselves and easier to see, and they get more open-field running. You'd think, though, that an NFL-caliber athlete who was really, really egotistic would be good enough to play quarterback in high school and college and really suck up the attention. I wonder why the Marshalls and the Owens' and the Keyshawns weren't quarterbacks.

booger
It will be interesting to see what happens with Tom Cable in Oak as well. Now we just need Norv to get caught with some young asian boys in SD and we'll be set.

Brock

LMAO

vailpass
I think he's curious how Cutler could possibly get hurt when your defensive line is a group of Brownies.

Good point. However Chicago's O-line is nearly as bad as KC's. Even the worst NFL player is still an NFL player and therfore a badass. A motivated badass can put a hurt on a QB. What's to gain in leaving Cutler in for more than a few snaps?

vailpass

:clap:

dirk digler
08-28-2009, 09:28 AM

I agree that this is obviously the worst case scenario and while McD and Xanders have screwed some things up, mainly the handling of the Cutler deal... this is all on Marshall.

There are plenty of guys on that team that appear to be right in line with what McD is putting in place, I don't see guys like Royal acting like little girls. None of us would admit it before, but Cutler always had a bit of drama queen in him with his attitude... and it broke through vividly when his issues with management popped up.

Marshall is reacting to the loss of his QB buddy... the loss of Shanahan (which nearly everyone agreed was time for him to move on)... and the realization that his actions off the field were preventing him from getting the fat payday he's earned. It's his 'contract year' and for many reasons he is upset, but he chose to handle it very poorly.

I'm not putting the Marshall drama squarely on the shoulders of the owner or the coaches. Marshall had great drama long before the new regime stepped in...

I thought some of the veterans aren't happy including Champ?

Fairplay
The Mange is advising any of its fans that if they attend the game Sunday to wear sacks on their heads. And turn around and bend over as the Donk's come out on the field and don't clap.

Then immediately leave the arena and gather in the parking lot for the burning of any Donk's t-shirts, jerseys and any donk related paraphernalia.

Count Zarth
Mane weeps.

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

notorious
I wonder why the Marshalls and the Owens' and the Keyshawns weren't quarterbacks.

They didn't have the goods where it counts: Brains.

Rain Man
08-28-2009, 09:29 AM
He wouldn't be doing this if he was a Raider. Tom Cable would have broken his jaw by now.

notorious
Mane weeps.

The shortest verse in the CP Bible?

vailpass

All these years and you still take me serious when I say shit like that? Did you believe I honestly felt that the geographic region in which you were birthed is somehow an indicator of one's veracity as a businessman?
I mean, it's not like he is a mexican.

dirk digler
08-28-2009, 09:31 AM
The Mange is advising any of its fans that if they attend the game Sunday to wear sacks on their heads. And turn around and bend over as the Donk's come out on the field and don't clap.

Then immediately leave the arena and gather in the parking lot for the burning of any Donk's t-shirts, jerseys and any donk related paraphernalia.

LMAO

There you go vali your chance to become a Cowgirls fan

vailpass
08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
LMAO

There you go vali your chance to become a Cowgirls fan

Fothermucker, I am the GUNS OF NAVARONE!!

HemiEd
08-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I need to see more from McD during the course of the season before I get too upset with him... I think we had a couple of drama queens that showed their true colors without Shanahan.It doesn't seem abnormal, with the coaching change. To a lesser degree, the Chiefs had a situation with Trent Green and Herm fucking Edwards.

I would be lying if I said it isn't enjoyable though. Rock on Kyle Orton! LMAO

Fairplay
08-28-2009, 09:44 AM
The good news, the Mange just reported, is a sharp increase of John Elway blow up dolls to 38% of their members. In which 99.2% of their members are male.

(2 Holes of insertion points and a member to boot)

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 09:45 AM
All these years and you still take me serious when I say shit like that? Did you believe I honestly felt that the geographic region in which you were birthed is somehow an indicator of one's veracity as a businessman?

;) Sometimes you just never know...

I thought some of the veterans aren't happy including Champ?

I have not read anything that mentioned Champ or others being unhappy with McD.

KC native
08-28-2009, 09:48 AM

hey dumbass, you are aware that the world's richest man is a Mexican businessman right?

Mr. Krab
08-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just Passin' By
08-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I have found it interesting to watch the Broncos situation, as it's mirrored a lot of what happened with Belichick in New England. Marshall getting suspended, for example, is nothing new:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/16/sports/pro-football-glenn-suspended-by-patriots.html

ct
08-28-2009, 09:49 AM

The major difference being, at least McDaniels has the backing of ownership to implement his program. For now...

While this is all fun to watch, it just might be the height of conflict that leads to a team growing together, so I'm not laughing too hard personally. Best case in my mind is they get so frustrated they give him away in trade for way less than his on-field potential should have garnered for them. But even that, long term, probably helps the team. Then again, maybe best case is they keep him and he continues to act up and destroy Coach Joshie's chance to get his program set.

Bane
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Donkos/Fail!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRock
08-28-2009, 09:53 AM

Holy crap, please be true. A PRESEASON suspension? LMAO

McDaniels is like a little kid stomping his foot going "SEE! I'm TOUGH!" while everyone around him points and laughs.

HC_Chief
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM

McDaniels is like a little kid stomping his foot going "SEE! I'm TOUGH!" while everyone around him points and laughs.

Did you see the vid of Marshall at practice?

I'd Keyshawn his ass.

Von Dumbass
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Good job coach McDaniels:clap:

Don't give into this clown. Take away his money since that is all he cares about.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 09:57 AM

Well, at this point... it's just a matter of time until they extend the suspension.

RedThat
Do we really want a guy who has had 13 violations in the last 3 years, and is a conduct detrimental to the team?

I think there needs to be a lot of thought before coveting a guy like Marshall.

Von Dumbass
I have found it interesting to watch the Broncos situation, as it's mirrored a lot of what happened with Belichick in New England. Marshall getting suspended, for example, is nothing new:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/16/sports/pro-football-glenn-suspended-by-patriots.html

McDaniels learned well! :)

wild1
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
McDaniels will be fired after this season, that is what I predict.

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM

You define beating.

Just Passin' By
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM

There's a 4 game maximum suspension built into the CBA, so it would have been 2 regular season games at most. That would be a stupid move by the team.

DTLB58
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM

Don't give into this clown. Take away his money since that is all he cares about.

He isn't losing any money, The players only get paid in the Regular season.

Von Dumbass
08-28-2009, 10:00 AM

Are the players still getting paid to attend these practices? Would this cause Marshall to lose 15,000 dollars per practice?

I don't know.

Mile High Mania
There's a 4 game maximum suspension built into the CBA, so it would have been 2 regular season games at most. That would be a stupid move by the team.

I was wondering if there was a rule or something that made them specify the preseason only at this point... so, if the Broncos were to suspend him and then trade him, would that team still have to respect the suspension?

Von Dumbass
You define beating.

I don't understand what you are saying.

beach tribe
08-28-2009, 10:01 AM

He's just suspended for the pre-season dumbass.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2009, 10:02 AM
oh no don't suspend him for the pre-season, weak

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't understand what you are saying.

I know.

beach tribe
08-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I know.

ROFL.

Micjones
08-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Denver's in freefall right now.
Marshall showed his ass. He's going to force their hand.

Mr. Krab
08-28-2009, 10:08 AM
I don't think this is correct. Players can be fined and lose money during preaseason.

sparkky
08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
what a train wreck.

Just Passin' By
08-28-2009, 10:13 AM
I was wondering if there was a rule or something that made them specify the preseason only at this point... so, if the Broncos were to suspend him and then trade him, would that team still have to respect the suspension?

No. However, suspending him for the rest of the preseason gives him a chance to cool off and start fresh on week 1. Then, if he keeps acting like a fool, they can drop 4 on him in the regular season and he'll take a big salary hit.

My guess is that they thought the NFLPA would contest a 4 game suspension on top of the preseason suspension if they'd laid down the hammer right now, and decided that this makes more sense than just 2 regular season games.

Von Dumbass
08-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I know.

Well thanks for explaining yourself.

Mr. Krab
08-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Stand strong Marshall!!!!!

Don't let those Denver pricks tell you what to do, U DA MAN!!!!

BigRock
08-28-2009, 10:17 AM

He sure did.

Terry Glenn's teammates wished him well today after the New England Patriots suspended the wide receiver for the season.

Adam Schefter says he is suspended for the Remainder of the Pre-Season

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7492/scrawny.jpg

MACHO MACHO MAN
JOSH WANTS TO BE
A MACHO MAN

vailpass
08-28-2009, 10:18 AM

If you would rather capture a rogue ship than sink it you fire a warning shot across the bow first.

COchief
hey dumbass, you are aware that the world's richest man is a Mexican businessman right?

Fail!

It's Bill Gates then Warren Buffet, not Gatesonlez then Buffetrigez.

Chief Faithful
"I think everybody knows there's a lot of stuff built up there, and me handling it that way wasn't good," Marshall said.

Seems to be a pattern with this guy.

Von Dumbass
He sure did.

They are not allowed to suspend players for the entire regular season anymore.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 10:20 AM
You define beating.

The kid is a consistent fan, nothing wrong with it. It's not like he's RaisedByCrackWhore.

booger
08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
tags) Josh McD rides his pony (tags

vailpass

No. League Suspension is the only type that runs with the player.

BigRock
If you would rather capture a rogue ship than sink it you fire a warning shot across the bow first.

Refusing to nut up and suspend Marshall for games that count is like saying "Hey Brandon, I'm really kinda tired of you acting this way... BUT... I need you to win games, so I'm not actually gonna give you any kind of meaningful punishment."

And not only will Marshall realize that, so will the rest of the team.

KC native
08-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Fail!

Meh, just checked and he slipped from last year.

#3 Carlos Slim Helu & family
03.11.09, 06:00 PM EST
Economic downturn and plunging peso shaved $25 billion from the fortune of Latin America's richest man.

Previous: Warren Buffett Next: Lawrence Ellison

Net Worth:$35.0 bil
Fortune:self made
Source:telecom
Country Of Citizenship:Mexico
Residence:Mexico City
Industry:Telecommunications
Education:NA,
Marital Status:widowed, 6 children

Economic downturn and plunging peso shaved $25 billion from the fortune of Latin America's richest man. Global recession testing his ability to live up to the principles he sets for his employees: "Maintain austerity in times of fat cows." Son of a Lebanese immigrant bought fixed line operator Telefonos de Mexico (Telmex) in 1990; now controls 90% of Mexico's telephone landlines. Would be a billionaire based on his dividends alone. Biggest holding: $16 billion stake in America Movil, Latin America's largest mobile phone company with 173 million customers. America Movil and Telmex reportedly planning to jointly invest $4 billion to bolster telecom infrastructure in Latin America. Buying up cheap media, energy and retail assets. Last year took stakes in New York Times Co., former billionaire Anthony O'Reilly's Independent News & Media and Bronco Drilling; also increased position in Saks. Baseball statistics aficionado, art collector.

BigRock
08-28-2009, 10:24 AM
They are not allowed to suspend players for the entire regular season anymore.

That's true.

Actually, though, the Pats didn't suspend Glenn for the entire season either. They suspended him 4 games. Then I believe they suspended him again during the season. Then they suspended him a third time during the postseason.

But a preseason suspension... if that is indeed the case... WOW. Talk about harsh. I'm sure Marshall is already rethinking his ways.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Refusing to nut up and suspend Marshall for games that count is like saying "Hey Brandon, I'm really kinda tired of you acting this way... BUT... I need you to win games, so I'm not actually gonna give you any kind of meaningful punishment."

And not only will Marshall realize that, so will the rest of the team.

Even an all-star stud WR is not above the team. This time it's a pre-season suspension (BTW the CBA doesn't allow for much more at this point in the season). Next time it will cost you big $.

The message the team gets is that nobody is above the law. Not Cutler. Not Marshall. Nobody. No I in Team.

I'm going to say right now that I am coming around to what McKid is doing and it looks good for the future.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Fail!

ROFL

Check out the neg rep KCNative aka Senor Bullsheet sent my way: "you are a ****ing idiot. The richest man in the world is a Mexican businessman."

Somebody call George Lopez and tell him to trim my trees.

KC native
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Even an all-star stud WR is not above the team. This time it's a pre-season suspension (BTW the CBA doesn't allow for much more at this point in the season). Next time it will cost you big $.

The message the team gets is that nobody is above the law. Not Cutler. Not Marshall. Nobody. No I in Team.

I'm going to say right now that I am coming around to what McKid is doing and it looks good for the future.

LMAO

BigRock
08-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Even an all-star stud WR is not above the team.

Do you really not understand that, if McDaniels does indeed play Marshall when the regular season starts, he's sending the EXACT OPPOSITE of that message?

This time it's a pre-season suspension (BTW the CBA doesn't allow for much more at this point in the season).

Steve Smith just called, he was like "lol wut".

Good luck with all that.

Von Dumbass
08-28-2009, 10:32 AM
That's true.

Actually, though, the Pats didn't suspend Glenn for the entire season either. They suspended him 4 games. Then I believe they suspended him again during the season. Then they suspended him a third time during the postseason.

But a preseason suspension... if that is indeed the case... WOW. Talk about harsh. I'm sure Marshall is already rethinking his ways.

It does send Brandon Marshall a message though. No team is going to trade for a player who was suspended by their team.

They are pretty much saying... We are not trading you. Quit acting like a baby or we will take away your money.

Brandon Marshall said before training camp that he will not hold out because he doesn't want to get fined $15,000 a day. There were also rumors that Brandon Marshall is broke http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/03/rumors-fly-that-brandon-marshall-is-broke/ .

If Denver threatens to take away game checks maybe he will suck it up and accept that Denver has no interest in trading him, no matter what he does.

Just Passin' By
08-28-2009, 10:34 AM
That's true.

You've got your facts wrong, sorry. He lost 4 games because of the substance abuse policy and then didn't bother showing up at Patriots camp. The Patriots did try to suspend him for the whole season, but an arbitrator overturned that suspension.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/14/sports/plus-pro-football-suspension-over-glenn-is-activated.html

The suspension handed out by the Patriots was for 1 regular season game at the end of the year. After that, he was not activated for the playoff games and did not receive a Super Bowl ring.

notorious
08-28-2009, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=KnowMo2724;6009358]It does send Brandon Marshall a message though. No team is going to trade for a player who was suspended by their team.

They are pretty much saying... We are not trading you. Quit acting like a baby or we will take away your money.

QUOTE]

How many times does a child have to throw a tantrum before you take away his toy? This isn't his first instance of acting up.

This is like the parents that complain about their kids being monsters when they don't have the balls to punish their kids and actually stick with it.

McDaniels and Bowlen are acting like pussies on this deal.

CoMoChief
08-28-2009, 10:35 AM

Uhh we had LJ last season remember how games he was suspended?

vailpass
08-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Do you really not understand that, if McDaniels does indeed play Marshall when the regular season starts, he's sending the EXACT OPPOSITE of that message?

Steve Smith just called, he was like "lol wut".

Good luck with all that.

Your bias is showing, causing you to speak irrationally.

Von Dumbass
08-28-2009, 10:38 AM
How many times does a child have to throw a tantrum before you take away his toy? This isn't his first instance of acting up.

This is like the parents that complain about their kids being monsters when they don't have the balls to punish their kids and actually stick with it.

McDaniels and Bowlen are acting like pussies on this deal.

Shanahan never suspended Brandon Marshall, and John Lynch has said there were a number of things with Brandon that went on in the locker room that never made it to the media.

McDaniels isn't letting the players run the team like Shanahan did.

notorious
08-28-2009, 10:39 AM
All right Vali and Knowsho. You guys were acting pretty rational about the whole deal, but it's time to start ignoring the unbelievable homerism again.

I am estatic about McDaniels and Bowlens nutless approach. This hurts the Broncos badly.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 10:43 AM
All right Vali and Knowsho. You guys were acting pretty rational about the whole deal, but it's time to start ignoring the unbelievable homerism again.

I am estatic about McDaniels and Bowlens nutless approach. This hurts the Broncos badly.

Disciplining a prima donna who can't comport himself like a pro is a good thing. Same as disciplining LJ was a good thing. How is that homerism?

BigRock
08-28-2009, 10:45 AM
You've got your facts wrong, sorry. He lost 4 games because of the substance abuse policy and then didn't bother showing up at Patriots camp. The Patriots did try to suspend him for the whole season, but an arbitrator overturned that suspension.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/14/sports/plus-pro-football-suspension-over-glenn-is-activated.html

The suspension handed out by the Patriots was for 1 regular season game at the end of the year. After that, he was not activated for the playoff games and did not receive a Super Bowl ring.

Yes, that's drastically different from what I said.

Just Passin' By
08-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Yes, that's drastically different from what I said.

You said the Patriots suspended him for 4 games and then suspended him again. They didn't. I was just clarifying.

No offense intended.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I have to applaud the Broncos for suspending him. He earned it.

Von Dumbass
08-28-2009, 10:49 AM
CBA not completely clear on preseason suspensions and fine (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/cba-not-completely-clear-on-preseason-suspensions-and-fine/)

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2009 12:12 PM ET
Because we pointed out earlier today that the Denver Broncos can't send receiver Brandon Marshall home with pay, we already had the CBA open to the page containing the rules regarding suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team.

Here's the key text, from the labor contract: "Conduct detrimental to Club -- maximum fine of an amount equal to one week's salary and/or suspension without pay for a period not to exceed four (4) weeks."

So what does this mean when a suspension is applied on August 28, two weeks before the start of the regular season?

In the end, it could be an issue for an arbitrator to resolve. (Or, possibly, the "Special Master," who apparently wasn't content with being called only a "Master.")

As we interpret the language (and I'm neither an arbitrator nor a Master, special or otherwise), the Broncos had the option of fining Marshall up to four weeks' salary or suspend him for up to four weeks, or both.

At a minimum, the Broncos have chosen to suspend Marshall for an undetermined period of time. If they opt for the maximum, Marshall could be suspended until September 25, which would cause him to miss two regular-season games and most of the preparation for Week Three.

At some point, they'll need to designate a duration. Though the CBA isn't clear on the deadline in this regard, the notion that a team could suspend a player and tell him "we'll let you know when we want you back, but it'll be at some point in the next four weeks" doesn't seem fair, and that visceral sense of fair often comes into play when there's room for interpretation in the rules that have been established.

The bigger question is whether and to what extent the Broncos will fine Marshall. In the preseason, when players aren't receiving game checks, what is a week's salary? Is it a regular-season game check, or is it a week's worth of per diems?

At some point, the Broncos will make their position on these issues known. Then, Marshall and the NFLPA will have to decide whether to fight the issue. (An interesting subplot in this regard will be whether the union will hire Jeffrey Kessler to handle the case; if he isn't, it would strengthen the perception that the new regime is phasing him out.)

In the end, we might have another T.O.-Eagles showdown.

And, in this case, there could be multiple rounds. The CBA allows the teams to impose multiple suspensions of up to four weeks. So, if Marshall doesn't change his ways, he might be suspended again and again.

For now, though, it doesn't look good for Marshall. As one league source pointed out after viewing the video of Marshall's recent practice antics, "He's not gonna have a leg to stand on" if he appeals the suspension.

notorious
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Disciplining a prima donna who can't comport himself like a pro is a good thing. Same as disciplining LJ was a good thing. How is that homerism?

I agree Valipass, it's the level of punishment that I am questioning.

If I were a Broncos fan, I would want him to really feel the punishment. Preseason suspension is a joke. McDaniels and Bowlen have to nail his ass to the wall since this is not his first screw up.

Once again, it is easy for me to say as a normal Joe sitting behind a keyboard, not so easy when you are running a multi-million dollar business where success is gaged by wins and losses.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 10:54 AM
I agree Valipass, it's the level of punishment that I am questioning.

If I were a Broncos fan, I would want him to really feel the punishment. Preseason suspension is a joke. McDaniels and Bowlen have to nail his ass to the wall since this is not his first screw up.

Once again, it is easy for me to say as a normal Joe sitting behind a keyboard, not so easy when you are running a multi-million dollar business where success is gaged by wins and losses.

I hear you. From my POV it seems like if you are a pro any sort of suspension hurts and is unwelcome. It is embarassing, a slap in the face. Whether it is kids or dogs or criminals or NFL players you don't go to maximum penalty on a first offense. If you can prove your point while still having your stud WR around for game 1 it is the best-case scenario.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
MArshall is NOT suspended past 9/6/09

SenselessChiefsFan
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Wow, and we were worried that Haley was going to struggle with players.

The problem here is that McDaniels took over a 'relatively' successful team. Changes have to be a little more PC..... oh, and he traded the teams franchise QB before he ever stepped on the field with him.

There is no way that went over well in the lockeroom. The guy is young, he had to work to earn respect anyways, and he just trades away Cutler.....

Oh, and then there is Kyle Orton.

Hey, the suspension isn't the problem... it is the first smart thing that McDaniels has done. Trading away Cutler when he was throwing a fit set a bad precedent.

Good luck Denver. McDaniels may be a great coach someday, but I doubt he will be in Denver when that happens.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 10:59 AM

The problem here is that McDaniels took over a 'relatively' successful team. Changes have to be a little more PC..... oh, and he traded the teams franchise QB before he ever stepped on the field with him.

There is no way that went over well in the lockeroom. The guy is young, he had to work to earn respect anyways, and he just trades away Cutler.....

Hey, the suspension isn't the problem... it is the first smart thing that McDaniels has done. Trading away Cutler when he was throwing a fit set a bad precedent.

Good luck Denver. McDaniels may be a great coach someday, but I doubt he will be in Denver when that happens.

McDaniels did NOT make the decision to trade Cutler. The owner did.

John_Wayne
08-28-2009, 11:00 AM
The Patriots will trade a 3rd for him and win the Super Bowl. You watch.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 11:01 AM

True. McKid created the circumstances that led to Cutler being traded but he did not make the decision to trade.

John_Wayne
08-28-2009, 11:02 AM
McDaniels did NOT make the decision to trade Cutler. The owner did. Yeah........ RIGHT!! LMAO

notorious
08-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Very well put. McDaniels being successful is not impossible, but it will be an uphill battle.

We should know, we have been trying to climb Olympus Mons for the last 12 years.

beach tribe
08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I see the veterans in the donks locker room packing it in.

You trade away their best player, and give them Orton, who throws three picks in as many drives?

I feel a losing culture being established a mile a above sea level.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:04 AM
True. McKid created the circumstances that led to Cutler being traded but he did not make the decision to trade.

Cutler asked for a trade when he found out Jermey Bates was not being retained

Tampa Bay Calls Broncos about a 3 way trade and the Broncos decline after hearing the offer.

Then Cutler along with his agent try and force the issue more.

Then Jay says he's surprised about a trade offer (that never even went to the Patriots per BB)

Then Jay says he wants to be a Bronco still and refuses to talk to anyone in the organization

Owner gets fed up and orders that Cutler be moved.

McDaniels caused or created none of this.

That's it.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Yeah........ RIGHT!! LMAO

It's in the news pilgrim. Read the actual statement from the owner. His name is Pat Bowlen.

Von Dumbass
08-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I see the veterans in the donks locker room packing it in.

You trade away their best player, and give them Orton, who throws three picks in as many drives?

I feel a losing culture being established a mile a above sea level.

Brian Dawkins is a major supporter of Josh McDaniels, having him in the locker room will surely keep everyone on the same page.

Add in all the guys from New England in the locker room and you got a good portion of the team who is on his side.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Cutler asked for a trade when he found out Jermey Bates was not being retained

Tampa Bay Calls Broncos about a 3 way trade and the Broncos decline after hearing the offer.

Then Cutler along with his agent try and force the issue more.

Then Jay says he's surprised about a trade offer (that never even went to the Patriots per BB)

Then Jay says he wants to be a Bronco still and refuses to talk to anyone in the organization

Owner gets fed up and orders that Cutler be moved.

McDaniels caused or created none of this.

That's it.

LMAO Feel free to leave out the piece about McKid lying to Cutler. There are many parts you didn't mention/don't know but bottom line: to say McKid had no part in Cutler being traded is either naive or ignorant.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:08 AM
LMAO Feel free to leave out the piece about McKid lying to Cutler. There are many parts you didn't mention/don't know but bottom line: to say McKid had no part in Cutler being traded is either naive or ignorant.

When did McDaniels lie to Cutler?

vailpass
08-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Alright, you are either playing around or hopelessly uninformed. Either way I think I'll leave yesterday's news to yesterday.

Just Passin' By
08-28-2009, 11:10 AM

There is a claim that McDaniels lied. There is no public proof of that. In fact, the evidence is to the contrary. It's what was so amusing about the Cutler scenario. The only one proven to be a liar was Cutler, but the Broncos fans were throwing McDaniels under the bus.

Tuckdaddy
08-28-2009, 11:15 AM

I'm sure Big Mac had no say in it at all. Yeah right

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Mc Dipshit is like Mike Martz.Product of the head coach who will fail when called upon!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
08-28-2009, 11:16 AM

You are foolish. Very foolish. McDaniels is the one who got things off on the wrong foot by tryring to trade for Matt Cassel before ever even working with Cutler on the field.

Cutler wasn't Tyler Thigpen.... he was a freaking first round pick who had just went to the pro bowl.

He deserved at least a little respect.

All McDaniels would have had to do is give him some sort of reassurance that the starting job was his to lose.... you know, since he came off of a Pro Bowl year and all.

McDaniels really showed him by trading him away to a better team and giving him a legit chance at the playoffs.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Brian Dawkins is a major supporter of Josh McDaniels, having him in the locker room will surely keep everyone on the same page.

Add in all the guys from New England in the locker room and you got a good portion of the team who is on his side.

Easy to support a guy that just paid you on the downside of your career.

And, Dawkins is certainly keeping Marshall in line.....LMAO

kstater
08-28-2009, 11:19 AM
So he's suspended from glorified practices? I'm sure he's receiving the message.

SenselessChiefsFan
08-28-2009, 11:21 AM
The Rat is just sitting in his house, counting his money and chuckling to himself right about now.

And, for those who say that Shanahan never disciplined anyone... BS. It fits their story now, but Shanny was known as Napolean, anyone remember that?

Anyone remember Kennison trashing the guy and his discipline when he left?

Anyone remember Trevor Pryce talking about it when he left?

This idea that Shanny just let everyone get away with everything is revisionist history.

MikeMaslowski
08-28-2009, 11:22 AM
So he's suspended from glorified practices? I'm sure he's receiving the message.

Seriously, preseason? This guy could give a fug, and by the interview McDumbass is giving I wouldn't care either. Both of these guys are tools.

BigRock
08-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Brian Dawkins is a major supporter of Josh McDaniels

I would have loved seeing the look on Brian Dawkins' face when McDanniels told him "Hey, I know you signed here in your fading years thinking we only needed a defense, but I just replaced Jay Cutler with Kyle Orton".

I bet it looked like this:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wp3xvl.gif

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Tool is a compliment for either jack off!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
08-28-2009, 11:26 AM

Ugh.....Did he not tell him that he did not go after Cassel, when in fact he did?

Yes. Yes he did.

MikeMaslowski
08-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Tool is a compliment for either jack off!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

You should fix your original post just in case CP is the only place people get their news.

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:30 AM
You should ESAD!
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeMaslowski
08-28-2009, 11:31 AM
You should ESAD!
Posted via Mobile Device

Quit being a fag. Your OP is incorrect. So fix it maybe?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-28-2009, 11:31 AM
ROFL, anybody read lj last couple tweets

http://twitter.com/ToonIcon

Hahahahahahaa DAMN. Brandon Marshall!!!!

The last qb didn't wanna be there and didn't get suspended. Made it public also. Hmmmm

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Nah it will be fine queer.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
ROFL, anybody read lj last couple tweets

http://twitter.com/ToonIcon

That man has zero room to talk.

MikeMaslowski
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Nah it will be fine queer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow. You are a complete moron. Do you even know what is wrong with it?

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:36 AM
I kinda don't give a fugg after 15 pages of replys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Alright, you are either playing around or hopelessly uninformed. Either way I think I'll leave yesterday's news to yesterday.

That's what I thought. You have no information proving Cutler was lied to by anyone.

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Cutler was lied to when he was told he had a new head coach.New ass hat was more accurate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM

"Brandon, if you don't want to practice, you won't get to practice. See you on Week 1."

MikeMaslowski
08-28-2009, 11:40 AM
I kinda don't give a fugg after 15 pages of replys.
Posted via Mobile Device

Point proven. You should go back to lurking as posting just isn't your thing.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 11:40 AM
You are foolish. Very foolish. McDaniels is the one who got things off on the wrong foot by tryring to trade for Matt Cassel before ever even working with Cutler on the field.

Cutler wasn't Tyler Thigpen.... he was a freaking first round pick who had just went to the pro bowl.

He deserved at least a little respect.

All McDaniels would have had to do is give him some sort of reassurance that the starting job was his to lose.... you know, since he came off of a Pro Bowl year and all.

McDaniels really showed him by trading him away to a better team and giving him a legit chance at the playoffs.

great post. Except McDaniels didn't try to trade Cutler or lie to him. Cutler ASKED FOR A TRADE BEFORE HAND prompting an offer from Tampa Bay.

Jethopper
08-28-2009, 11:42 AM

Inexperienced and talentless.

CoMoChief
08-28-2009, 11:44 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

DONKEY FAIL!!!!!!!!

vailpass
08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
For his punt and other acts of misbehavior, the Broncos have given receiver Brandon Marshall the boot.

The Broncos have suspended Marshall for conduct detrimental to the team. Because the suspension is only through the rest of the preseason, ending on Sept. 6, Marshall is not expected to file a grievance. Players do not start collecting their salaries until the regular season begins. If Marshall doesn't fall in line, the team would reserve the right to extend his suspension. The Broncos are to open their regular season Sept. 13 in Cincinnati.

Marshall was informed of the suspension by coach Josh McDaniels this morning. McDaniels then informed the rest of the players at a team meeting.

at 11 a.m. this morning and said he had previously warned Marshall about his behavior in practice and drills and saw no progress, so felt a suspension was warranted.

"Everybody agrees this is the right thing to do for the organization," McDaniels said.

The punishment stems in part from Marshall's display of unprofessionalism during practice Wednesday. He was lackadaisical during individual running drills. He didn't run routes or catch passes during another position drill, instead choosing to hold a dummy and knocking the receivers as they came off the line.

A KMGH-7 video caught Marshall punting the ball away after one drill instead of handing it to a ball boy, as the players are told. Marshall was held out of practice Wednesday, but that was before the Broncos were aware of the magnitude of his insubordination.

Asked if the Broncos are looking to trade Marshall, McDaniels said he hoped to resolve the rift with the receiver, but "we're always going to do what's in the best interests of this team, this organization."

The relationship between Marshall the Broncos has been strained, dating back to the team's first minicamp.

"We'll try to make it right and work through it," McDaniels said.

Asked if he thought the suspension would help change Marshall's behavior, McDaniels said: "I'm hopeful that it will."

Marshall caught 206 passes the previous two seasons for the Broncos, enough production for him to request a contract extension that has one year and $2.198 million remaining. He has twice requested a trade.

McDaniels said the Broncos would be ready for their season opener whether Marshall is on the field or not.

"We have good receivers here with or without him," McDaniels said.

Perhaps realizing the circulating video of his misconduct could all but kill his ability to get traded, Marshall went on ESPN's NFL Live show at 10:42 p.m. MST Thursday to explain his actions.

"Me punting the ball was definitely frustration," Marshall said. "It was an error in judgment. There was a lot of frustration (Wednesday) coming out of a meeting."

McDaniels would not explain the reason behind Marshall's absence from practice Thursday but he will address the suspension at 11 a.m. MDT news conference.

www.denverpost.com

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Point proven. You should go back to lurking as posting just isn't your thing.

Ok fugg nuts whats wrong with it?It was accurate when I posted it,the report was he was suspended indefinately at that time.Now their sayn the rest of the pre season.

MikeMaslowski
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Ok fugg nuts whats wrong with it?It was accurate when I posted it,the report was he was suspended indefinately at that time.Now their sayn the rest of the pre season.

Fair enough, that's all you had to say from the beginning. I will quit busting your balls now sir. Have a good day and another beer on me.

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Fair enough, that's all you had to say from the beginning. I will quit busting your balls now sir. Have a good day and another beer on me.

Well I don't see the point in going back and changing it now.

MikeMaslowski
08-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Well I don't see the point in going back and changing it now.

I hate to beat a dead horse...All I was trying to say is that if someone logged on here without watching tv or reading the posts it would be misleading. Not that big of a deal, just a suggestion.

Bane
08-28-2009, 11:54 AM
I hate to beat a dead horse...All I was trying to say is that if someone logged on here without watching tv or reading the posts it would be misleading. Not that big of a deal, just a suggestion.

It was made so,sir.....

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Ugh.....Did he not tell him that he did not go after Cassel, when in fact he did?

Yes. Yes he did.

He fielded an offer from Tampa Bay which never made it to the Patriots. BB even said he would have taken that offer. All of which is of little consequence since Cutler demanded a trade once he realized J Bates was not going to be retained.

I realize some of you do not have the benefit of local media, but what was intially reported by ESPN wasn't even close to what actually happened.

Just Passin' By
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Yes. Yes he did.

No, you've got this wrong. The deals were initiated by the other teams, not by the Broncos. In fact, Belichick has noted that he called every team (or some phrasing similar to that) and was told "no thanks" prior to the start of free agency. That 'every team' would naturally include the Broncos.

Rain Man
08-28-2009, 12:08 PM

ROFL

Just Passin' By
08-28-2009, 12:08 PM
He fielded an offer from Tampa Bay which never made it to the Patriots. BB even said he would have taken that offer. All of which is of little consequence since Cutler demanded a trade once he realized J Bates was not going to be retained.

I realize some of you do not have the benefit of local media, but what was intially reported by ESPN wasn't even close to what actually happened.

Which is par for the course, really.

DBOSHO
08-28-2009, 12:11 PM

idk if anyones ever told you this mike, but, your avatars awesome...:clap:

MikeMaslowski
08-28-2009, 12:13 PM
idk if anyones ever told you this mike, but, your avatars awesome...:clap:

Thank you..they make my peepee smile.

vailpass
08-28-2009, 12:20 PM
No, you've got this wrong. The deals were initiated by the other teams, not by the Broncos. In fact, Belichick has noted that he called every team (or some phrasing similar to that) and was told "no thanks" prior to the start of free agency. That 'every team' would naturally include the Broncos.

Garcia your only ally in this thing is JustPlainBi, you sure you don't want to reconsider?:)

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Garcia your only ally in this thing is JustPlainBi, you sure you don't want to reconsider?:)

You know I've got nothing but love for you...but McDaniels did nothing wrong with Cutler or Marshall. Niether has the team.

Iowanian
08-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Dear God,

Please let Broncofan1990 make some youtube videos today.

Amen.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:27 PM
For you information...the Marshall Wrap sheet with tidbits and timeline. Ask yourself if you read it all....how can this guy even be walking the streets. If not for football...he wouldn't be.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at the University of Central Florida, Brandon Marshall faced misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer after an argument with an off-duty Florida Highway Patrol officer turned heated at an Orlando Denny's restaurant.

April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory, according to a police report of the incident. The charge was later dropped.

June 17, 2006: Conflicting police reports from Marshall and Rasheedah Watley were filed with the Orange County, Fla., Sheriff's Department. Marshall told police that Watley became violent after seeing him earlier that evening as the object of another woman's affection. Marshall described Watley to police as an old family friend and told police that Watley punched him and scratched his chest after an argument inside the couple's Orlando apartment spiraled out of control. Watley, who filed a police report by phone from Atlanta three days after the incident, told Florida police that Marshall was the aggressor, and that he slapped her in the face, grabbed her by the arms and pushed her to the ground,

Dec. 31, 2006: Marshall and several Broncos teammates were present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver's LoDo section, as part of a birthday celebration for Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. Former Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker later told HBO's "Real Sports" that an argument broke out at the club when Marshall and his cousin sprayed champagne on another club patron and his friend. The men, who argued with Marshall and his cousin, were then asked to leave the club. The men proceeded to gun down a vehicle they thought Marshall was in killing Darrent Williams and injurying others.

Jan. 24, 2007: Police responded to a parking lot outside an Orlando bowling alley where Marshall and his father had a heated argument. According to a police report of the incident, Frederick Marshall said his son took out a handgun and fired one shot at him after the two men argued. Frederick Marshall, who refused to sign a sworn statement or press charges, said his son left the area after firing the handgun.

March 18, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a domestic dispute call at the Westin Peachtree hotel. Watley told officers that after meeting Marshall at the hotel that night, he became enraged after he went through her cell phone call list and noticed she'd been speaking with an ex-boyfriend. Watley told police Marshall hit her repeatedly with a closed fist.

March 21, 2007: Watley filed a report with police in Boca Raton, Fla. Watley and Marshall, who were staying in south Florida with Marshall's uncle, told police that an argument started that night at a local restaurant after Marshall refused to ask Watley to marry him. According to a police report, while Watley was walking home, Marshall grabbed a large pipe from a construction site and hit the ground with it in frustration. Nobody was hurt. Police characterized the incident as a verbal domestic dispute. No charges were filed.

March 26, 2007: Police in Douglas County, Colo., arrested Marshall for false imprisonment and domestic violence. Watley told "Outside the Lines" she was assaulted by Marshall a day earlier at Marshall's suburban Denver home

May 25, 2007: Charges against Marshall relating to his arrest in Douglas County, Colo., were dismissed after he successfully completed anger management classes.

June 8, 2007: Police responded to Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo at 5 a.m. and found Watley with a noticeable cut on her right thigh. Watley initially told officers that she accidentally cut herself with a kitchen knife. Watley told the first officer to arrive that while she had argued with Marshall earlier that evening, no physical abuse occurred. Marshall was not present. Roughly an hour later, at 6:07 a.m., police were dispatched to the condo a second time. On this second visit Watley told police that Marshall did indeed cut her thigh with a kitchen knife during a fight earlier that evening and that he later returned to the condo and continued to assault Watley by punching her in the forehead.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0531/otl_e_watley_300.jpg

June 30, 2007: Atlanta police responded to a fight-in-progress call at Marshall and Watley's condo. Watley told police that a fight broke out after Marshall missed a flight and blamed Watley. Watley told police Marshall struck her with a closed fist and choked her.

Oct. 22, 2007: Hours after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, Marshall was cited at 2 a.m. by Denver police for driving under the influence after he was seen driving erratically. His blood-alcohol level was 0.116 (the legal limit for DUI in Colorado is 0.08).

Jan. 18, 2008: Watley obtained a temporary protective order against Marshall in Fulton County (Ga.) Superior Court.

Feb. 18, 2008: Watley told "Outside the Lines" that as part of a Valentine's Day present, and in an attempt to repair their relationship, Marshall surprised her with a last-minute trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico. While on that trip, Watley said, Marshall argued with her about an ex-boyfriend. Watley said Marshall assaulted her at San Juan's Condado Plaza Hotel, hitting her in the mouth, which caused her to bleed, and choking her on the bed.

March 4, 2008: Police responded around 9 p.m. to a fight call at Marshall and Watley's Atlanta condo and found Marshall bleeding from his hand. Marshall initially told police that during an argument with Watley, one of Watley's sisters cut him on his hand with a knife. When asked by police who had the knife, Marshall then told officers there was no knife, and that he'd been cut on glass during a fight with Watley.

March 5, 2008: Watley obtained her second temporary protective order against Marshall

Aug. 5, 2008: The NFL released a statement announcing that Marshall would be suspended without pay for the Broncos' first three regular-season games of 2008 for violating the NFL personal conduct policy.

Sept. 10, 2008: Marshall was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March (his formal bond arraignment was Nov. 3, 2008). Simple battery, according to the Fulton County District Attorney's office, is punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Feb. 5, 2009: While attending a dinner party in Honolulu as part of his Pro Bowl appearance, Marshall proposed to Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall told the Denver Post he met Nogami-Campbell while the two attended the University of Central Florida. The engagement prompted several sports writers to praise what they characterized as Marshall's maturity.

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building.

Inspector
08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Oh my. This is priceless.

Of all the teams in the NFL........The Chiefs may suck but that doesn't reduce the enjoyment of the donkey meltdown.

I like this coach of theirs. I mean, as long as he remains their coach that is....

Mile High Mania
08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
That's an impressive list of issues...

Inspector
08-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Yep. Shanny's style was more polished, McKid still has the over-aggresivenes of youth. He ****ed up the Cutler thing bad, hopefully he will learn from it.
Everything is cured by winning, let's see what he does come game day.

Winning is the deodorizer that can cover up the stink pretty good. No doubt.

Bane
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I like how Mc Dumbledore said "WE" decided as a organization that it was time to blah blah blah....In other words Pat Bowlen pulled him into his office and said look son,get this kid off the field and off camera before the rest of the league really sees that your nuts have not dropped yet.ROFL

Chocolate Hog
08-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Look at how Marshall acted. He disrespected the game, anyone who wants him is an idiot.

Bane
08-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Look at how Marshall acted. He disrespected the game, anyone who wants him is an idiot.

I concur.:clap:

Inspector
08-28-2009, 12:46 PM

Had to mow a lot of grass....

OK, OK...just kidding. :D

vailpass
08-28-2009, 12:52 PM
You know I've got nothing but love for you...but McDaniels did nothing wrong with Cutler or Marshall. Niether has the team.

I'm backing McKid 100% going forward, I'm expecting success. We can unite on that front I hope. Let's let the past be the past.

Garcia Bronco
08-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm backing McKid 100% going forward, I'm expecting success. We can unite on that front I hope. Let's let the past be the past.

I think he's doing a great job on the field. I like the way we are moving the ball. I like that the defense is actually getting pressure. Baker is going to be awesome in a few years. I have very few negative things to say about him or the team.

orange
08-28-2009, 12:58 PM
"We have good receivers here with or without him," McDaniels said.

I disagree with this statement by McDaniels.

It should have been "We have good receivers here with or without her."

Bane
08-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I think he's doing a great job on the field. I like the way we are moving the ball. I like that the defense is actually getting pressure. Baker is going to be awesome in a few years. I have very few negative things to say about him or the team.

Seriously?LMAO

Inspector
08-28-2009, 01:02 PM

Ya know....it's kinda hard to read your posts with that avatar hanging out there. It's sort of distracting ....and .....makes me..... forget.........

Wait. What we're we talking about?

Fruit Ninja
08-28-2009, 01:03 PM
This will help Denver out in the long run. It would be tough to lose a probowler, but they have set the example, and it will pay off.

WTF was Marshall thinking? If I act stupid, they will throw millions at me?!?! He had to know this was coming.

I may be hours late on this, but thats not setting a fucking example. Thats doing the right thing. Setting an example is what happened to Plaxico. This is just the coach and owner doing what had to be done because the player is embarrassing the organization and himself.