PDA

View Full Version : Football AFC West Coaches - A Rundown

Buck
08-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Denver Broncos - Josh McDaniels:

Rookie Head Coach, 32 years old. Alienated his pro-bowl caliber starting QB, which in turn has pissed off his #1 WR. Has made somewhat of a mockery of his team in the short time he's been there.

Kansas City Chiefs - Todd Haley:

Don't know much about him other than that he too is a rookie head coach, and he's making his players earn a roster spot. According to many hes a "mf'n prick."

Oakland Raiders - Tom Cable:

Punched his assistant coach in the head. Nuff said. He's pretty much Al Davis' marionette.

San Diego Chargers - Norv Turner:

Known to make talented teams bad, yet he has had good playoff luck in the last 2 years. If anyone told you five years ago that Norv Turner would be the best coach in the AFC west, you would probably have laughed in their face, or kicked them in there balls.

Sorry if repost.

HC_Chief
08-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Norv is still f)(*#$%ing terrible.

Slainte
08-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Pathetic Norv Turner Apologist attempt. G/Luck ( but not too much luck) with LaT this year...

rambleonthruthefog
08-28-2009, 10:30 AM
norv is a joke. he got lucky and inherited a good squad of players. he's tryin his damndist to make a mokery of it. getting worse each year. lookin forward to the fail.

KCUnited
08-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Where did this come from?

"Don't know much about Haley", just the way Pioli wants things.

Katie
08-28-2009, 10:35 AM
"According to many hes a "mf'n prick."

Specify who the "many" are..Are these the other AFC West coaches and fans?

Buck
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Where did this come from?

"Don't know much about Haley", just the way Pioli wants things.

Personally, I don't know much about Haley. He doesn't make the headlines like Cable and McDaniels

"According to many hes a "mf'n prick."

Specify who the "many" are..Are these the other AFC West coaches and fans?

That was meant to be a joke.

Quesadilla Joe
08-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Add my sig to the OP please. :)

MMXcalibur
08-28-2009, 10:39 AM
1) Turner
2) Haley
3) Cable
4) Dog Shit
5) McDaniels

notorious
08-28-2009, 10:41 AM
......you would probably have laughed in their face, or kicked them in there balls.

Sorry if repost.

ROFL nice touch

RealSNR
08-28-2009, 10:41 AM
If the Chiefs win more than 6 games this year, I'm ready to go ahead and claim Haley as the best coach in the division.

San Diego is a top 5 team in the NFL in terms of talent. There's no absolutely no good reason why they should be posting 8-8 seasons at this point.

Buck
08-28-2009, 10:43 AM

No, I'm good.

JD10367
08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Even though he's never coached a game, I'd still take Haley over Clueless Norv. Haley's got the proper attitude (like Parcells and Belichick). Norv manages occasionally not to trip over his own shoelaces. He's one of those "better as a coordinator" guys, IMO. I don't think the Chargers will ever be a threat as long as he's there, so I hope he's there a long time...

notorious
08-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Norv has done well in Diego. It's all about playoff wins and championships, and the last time I looked he had several of each (divisions, anyway).

Sofa King
08-28-2009, 10:53 AM
McDaniels is the best coach in the AFC west... at least for the other teams in the AFC west..

Buck
08-28-2009, 10:55 AM
McDaniels is the best coach in the AFC west... at least for the other teams in the AFC west..

Haha, Rep.

Reerun_KC
08-28-2009, 10:56 AM
norv is a joke. he got lucky and inherited a good squad of players. he's tryin his damndist to make a mokery of it. getting worse each year. lookin forward to the fail.
even though they are the odds favorite for an AFC title game appearance?

He has done more with less than Marty ever dreamed of in SD

RealSNR
08-28-2009, 12:03 PM

He has done more with less than Marty ever dreamed of in SDHalf of the current coaches in the NFL would have a Super Bowl appearance by now with that team.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Half of the current coaches in the NFL would have a Super Bowl appearance by now with that team.

I don't buy that.

Against Pittsburgh or New England the past few years?

Especially considering Merriman & LT were injured and not playing?

San Diego's biggest mistake last year was letting Michael Turner go for free and keeping LT.

If Turner was retained, the Chargers would have had a better shot at the Super Bowl and beating Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Kerberos
08-28-2009, 02:28 PM

WHY????

Adam Schefter is the biggest RETARD, HACK media guy out there. He doesn't know his ass from head since his ASS is where his head is 99.9999% of the time.

You are such a tool.

notorious
08-28-2009, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=DaneMcCloud;6010179]

San Diego's biggest mistake last year was letting Michael Turner go for free and keeping LT.

QUOTE]

Thank God somebody agrees with me on this. That was the first bad decision that San Diego has made on players in a long time.

JuicesFlowing
08-28-2009, 02:46 PM
WHY????

Adam Schefter is the biggest RETARD, HACK media guy out there. He doesn't know his ass from head since his ASS is where his head is 99.9999% of the time.

You are such a tool.

Because Schefter used to work in Denver ... clearly he still loves the Broncos.

Easy 6
08-28-2009, 08:00 PM

Exactly, except that Madden 2010 rates him & a few others with no better experience above Haley, they really dicked over all the ratings this year, but i digress...

chiefzilla1501
08-28-2009, 08:05 PM

He has done more with less than Marty ever dreamed of in SD

While true, if Norv coached the Chargers during the Vermeil/Shanahan era, the Chargers wouldn't even make the playoffs. Keep in mind that the Chiefs or Broncos continued to miss the playoffs despite having 8+ win seasons.

The Chargers barely squeeze into the playoffs with arguably the worst division in football under Norv. I find it hard to believe they could get in at all if the division was more competitive, which it won't be for the third year straight.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 08:16 PM
And here I thought there might be some insightful analysis regarding coaches in the OP.

Well guess what Bucky? You don't get to bitch about or go Repost-Police on ANY of my threads for a week.
When I think of the 8.5 seconds of my life wasted on clicking this piece of shit, and the valuable time I'm losing typing this shit right now?
It just burns my fucking skillet, son.

For shame.:shake:;)

Hammock Parties
08-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Why do you post such shitty threads?

MotherFUCKER!

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Buckin's merely rubbing your noses in it and inciting a riot by saying Norv is the best coach in the division.
At this point there's no possible way for any Donk, Tard or Chef fan to put together a detailed argument supporting the fact that Norv isn't the best coach in the division.
As OC for Dallas he's got the rings. Working for Snyder and Al Davis as a HC he fell on his ass just as all of his predecessors did (including Farty).
In SD, he's pushed the team further than Farty ever did when it counted.

This is a Go Chargers thread unless anyone can come up with a valid argument for the Chefs coach (you know, ole what's his face).

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Piss on Norv.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Piss on Norv.

I'm sorry sir, that is not a valid argument.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry sir, that is not a valid argument.

LMAO

listopencil
08-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Norv Turner eats babies.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Norv Turner eats babies.

Sorry, that's not gonna cut in terms of a detailed argument.
I need names and addresses at least.

Quesadilla Joe
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
WHY????

You are such a tool.

Actually he is the most respected NFL insider out there. Schefter breaks more stories than anyone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Norv Turner eats babies.

And sells crack to school children.

listopencil
08-28-2009, 09:40 PM
And sells crack to school children.

He tried to sell me a Philipino sex slave.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 09:44 PM
He tried to sell me a Philipino sex slave.

Nick Athan told me he shoots pit bulls full of steroids for underground dog fights.

KcMizzou
08-28-2009, 09:45 PM
If the Chiefs win more than 6 games this year, I'm ready to go ahead and claim Haley as the best coach in the division.

San Diego is a top 5 team in the NFL in terms of talent. There's no absolutely no good reason why they should be posting 8-8 seasons at this point.We hear about San Diego's talent every season. Nothing ever comes of it.

I WILL say this... I wouldn't trade our "MF'in prick" rookie Head Coach for Norv fucking Turner.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 09:45 PM
He tried to sell me drugs too.

Where's the video evidence?!? Just 'cause Chris Brown beat up Rihanna don't mean he's guilty. You wasn't there.

BTW - Mike Vick served more than his time... And OJ is innocent

Mecca
08-28-2009, 09:47 PM
We hear about San Diego's talent every season. Nothing ever comes of it.

I WILL say this... I wouldn't trade our "MF'in prick" rookie Head Coach for Norv fucking Turner.

I'd sure take their talent though...

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2009, 09:48 PM
He tried to sell me a Filipina sex slave.

Was she hot?

KcMizzou
08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I'd sure take their talent though...Well... yeah.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I'd sure take their talent though...

That'll come in time, and unlike Mr. Rodgers; Haley will know what to do with it.

Mecca
08-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Well... yeah.

San Diego has a couple of guys who I really liked going into their draft years..sucks when they end up on division rivals.

listopencil
08-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Nick "Assclown" Athan told me he shoots pit bulls full of steroids for underground dog fights.

Last week I was in San Ysidro, which is a town South of San Diego, very close to the Mexican border. I had to pee so I walked into the bathroom at the travel center there. I was pissing in the wall urinal and I heard two distinct male voices coming from one stall behind me. I quickly finished, zipped up washed off. Before I could leave, the stall door banged open and two guys rush out. The first guy is obviously a member of the Mexican mafia and he's cleaning off his penis with toilet paper. He looked really PO'ed. The other guy:

Norv Turner.

listopencil
08-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Was she hot?

Sadly, no. He was not.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Last week I was in San Ysidro, which is a town South of San Diego, very close to the Mexican border. I had to pee so I walked into the bathroom at the travel center there. I was pissing in the wall urinal and I heard two distinct male voices coming from one stall behind me. I quickly finished, zipped up washed off. Before I could leave, the stall door banged open and two guys rush out. The first guy is obviously a member of the Mexican mafia and he's cleaning off his penis with toilet paper. He looked really PO'ed. The other guy:

Norv Turner.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Sadly, no. He was not.

Tranny?

listopencil
08-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Tranny?

Turned out to be ignition, actually.

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Turned out to be ignition, actually.

Well, you should be very proud

ChiTown
08-28-2009, 10:02 PM

Norv Turner.

Wasn't San Ysidro where some maniac went nuts and killed a bunch of people at a McDonalds - around 20-25 years ago?

listopencil
08-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Wasn't San Ysidro where some maniac went nuts and killed a bunch of people at a McDonalds - around 20-25 years ago?

Yes.

That maniac's name?

Norv Turner.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 10:05 PM
We hear about San Diego's talent every season. Nothing ever comes of it.

I WILL say this... I wouldn't trade our "MF'in prick" rookie Head Coach for Norv ****ing Turner.

I don't get why you people have such hatred in your hearts for Turner...
Is it the Turkey neck?
Is it that he coached the Turds and now he's with the all powerful Chargers?
The man's been a hugely successful OC wherever he's gone. His Hiring as HC (after Farty was fired and Wade and Cam left) was for the purpose of continuity for the Offense.
Norv is an OC who reports back to AJ Smith in regards to the D while handling the day to day minutia of being an HC.
Everyone on the team knows he's in control despite the fact he hasn't punched anybody.
It seems to me the all powerful Chargers have got their shit together while the rookie HCs, who haven't figured it out yet, are struggling to field a team for Week 1.

listopencil
08-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't get why you people have such hatred in your hearts for Turner...
Is it the Turkey neck?
Is it that he coached the Turds and now he's with the all powerful Chargers?
The man's been a hugely successful OC wherever he's gone. His Hiring as HC (after Farty was fired and Wade and Cam left) was for the purpose of continuity for the Offense.
Norv is an OC who reports back to AJ Smith in regards to the D while handling the day to day minutia of being an HC.
Everyone on the team knows he's in control despite the fact he hasn't punched anybody.
It seems to me the all powerful Chargers have got their shit together while the rookie HCs, who haven't figured it out yet, are struggling to field a team for Week

It's because Norv Turner fucks little boys.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 10:09 PM
It's because Norv Turner ****s little boys.

Oh... and listopencil is fag with aids who pulls the heads off babies to quench his thirst for blood.

Can someone, anyone give me a valid argument?!? (I'm trying to kill some time here).

ChiTown
08-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Yes.

That maniac's name?

Norv Turner.

Yeah, I just looked it up - 1984. 21 people were killed, including 8 kids under the age of 18 :shake:

I had totally forgotten about that. What an absolute tragedy.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/san-ysidro-massacre/

DaneMcCloud
08-28-2009, 10:10 PM
It's because Norv Turner fucks little boys.

That's way over the line

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 10:21 PM
That's way over the line

I agree. Besides, everyone knows it's sheep.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 10:26 PM
You guys with HD are going to get to see every nook and cranny of Norv's glorious neck as he hoists the Lombardi trophy over his head this winter.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gDgdutjALd4/R4qMw6Czu7I/AAAAAAAAAJE/PJL9avk3ig0/s400/060103norv_turner.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 10:27 PM
You guys with HD are going to get to see every nook and cranny of Norv's glorious neck as he hoists the Lombardi trophy over his head this winter.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gDgdutjALd4/R4qMw6Czu7I/AAAAAAAAAJE/PJL9avk3ig0/s400/060103norv_turner.jpg

Jesus I'm glad I already had dinner this evening.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Gotta point this out...
Dungy's always realized he couldn't beat the neck (that's why he retired).

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/01/13/PH2008011301535.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm really enjoying the Gadzooks Fantasy Hour. When you're done dreaming, hop on this bad boy and head back to reality:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/pics/rogers_trolley_close_up.jpg

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm really enjoying the Gadzooks Fantasy Hour. When you're done dreaming, hop on this bad boy and head back to reality:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/tributes/pics/rogers_trolley_close_up.jpg

Sorry ROR. Still waiting for a valid (not including f'n sheep and infants)argument from anyone.

KcFanInGA
08-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Norv Turner looks like he shaves with a rusty nail. And he sucks. And I'm glad Haley is a prick (rumored), look where the nice guy got us.

T-post Tom
08-28-2009, 10:44 PM

Too bad Norv doesn't know how to translate all his inherited talent into a winning postseason. :)

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Norv Turner looks like he shaves with a rusty nail. And he sucks. And I'm glad Haley is a prick (rumored), look where the nice guy got us.

Good point. Nice guys have gotten you nowhere. Norv's a nice guy but he's AJ's puppet. The players know if word gets to AJ they're through.
I guess you guys just have a prick w/o a filter...

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Norv Turner is a man surrounded with talent, but is a coach with limited overall vision. How do run your team's greatest offensive asset in to the ground two years in a row, rendering him useless for the time of year when you need him most?

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Norv Turner is a man surrounded with talent, but is a coach with limited overall vision. How do run your team's greatest offensive asset in to the ground two years in a row, rendering him useless for the time of year when you need him most?

No coach can predict injuries. Gates, Merriman and LT are the biggest impact players on the team and they have all been injured when it mattered most. After them the list goes on and on.
Going through the Leaf years and the ensuing 10 year dent he caused in any progress, I feel good about where the team is right now.
Saying Norv ran LT into the ground when he was injured on a tackle in the end zone in week 2 (in the Hochuli loss) doesn't cut it as a valid argument against Norv as a coach.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:06 PM
No coach can predict injuries. Gates, Merriman and LT are the biggest impact players on the team and they have all been injured when it mattered most. After them the list goes on and on.
Going through the Leaf years and the ensuing 10 year dent he caused in any progress, I feel good about where the team is right now.
Saying Norv ran LT into the ground when he was injured on a tackle in the end zone in week 2 (in the Hochuli loss) doesn't cut it as a valid argument against Norv as a coach.

They werent injured when Marty was coaching. But of course, you win more now than when Marty was coaching... That sound you hear.... is the window closing.... I know your a Charger fan...and not sure what a window is...let alone ...it closing..... But the Charger fanbase cant afford one of its 300 holding its breath waiting for a winner.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 11:15 PM
They werent injured when Marty was coaching. But of course, you win more now than when Marty was coaching... That sound you hear.... is the window closing.... I know your a Charger fan...and not sure what a window is...let alone ...it closing..... But the Charger fanbase cant afford one of its 300 holding its breath waiting for a winner.

Tell me how you feel when... oh, wait, I can't think of ANY players on the Chiefs roster that even remotely compare to Gates, Merriman and LT...
Well, what I was going to say was tell me how you feel about your coach when some of his best players aren't available and he still manages to win some games in the playoffs?
We all know that doesn't apply to Marty, so, other than the neck, what's so bad about Norv?

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 11:21 PM

Hey, enjoy what's left of your window. Soak it in, make your run, and have some fun.
Because you know it's coming. This league rolls in cycles and when the time is at hand, you know there is no way in hell this franchise is going to back slide under Scott Pioli. The Chiefs are going to be a pit bull clamped firmly to the throat of the AFC West for a long, long time to come.

Out!

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 11:22 PM

Amazing how two very different football fans see exactly the same thing when it comes to SD, innit?:D

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Tell me how you feel when... oh, wait, I can't think of ANY players on the Chiefs roster that even remotely compare to Gates, Merriman and LT...
Well, what I was going to say was tell me how you feel about your coach when some of his best players aren't available and he still manages to win some games in the playoffs?
We all know that doesn't apply to Marty, so, other than the neck, what's so bad about Norv?

None of the players on either teams have won anything. Thats how they compare...

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey, enjoy what's left of your window. Soak it in, make your run, and have some fun.
Because you know it's coming. This league rolls in cycles and when the time is at hand, you know there is no way in hell this franchise is going to back slide under Scott Pioli. The Chiefs are going to be a pit bull clamped firmly to the throat of the AFC West for a long, long time to come.

Out!

Oh, don't worry I'll enjoy and you'll all know about it. And don't think that AJ's some punk kid. He's been brought up by Polian and has some of his own philosophies in terms of drafting and free agency.
Pioli isn't gonna come close to scaring me for at least 5 years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh, don't worry I'll enjoy and you'll all know about it. And don't think that AJ's some punk kid. He's been brought up by Polian and has some of his own philosophies in terms of drafting and free agency.
Pioli isn't gonna come close to scaring me for at least 5 years.

I'm sure Xanders thought he was pretty smart too. And then, a few pieces get moved on the chess board and well....you know the rest.

ArrowheadMagic
08-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Amazing how two very different football fans see exactly the same thing when it comes to SD, innit?:D

Apparently...... getting closer to winning but not actually doing it..... is ok for Charger fans.... it happens every 15 yrs...... Charger fans can look forward to the year 2024 with heightened anticipation.

Slainte
08-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Gotta point this out...
Dungy's always realized he couldn't beat the neck (that's why he retired).

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2008/01/13/PH2008011301535.jpg

Hard to tell from that pic, hope Tony's Super Bowl ring isn't digging into Norv's fingers too painfully...

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/turner_norv1204.jpg

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm sure Xanders thought he was pretty smart too. And then, a few pieces get moved on the chess board and well....you know the rest.

The Donks had a different structure. Shanarat ran the show. He was in charge of the playbook, the draft, etc...
AJ is the boss of SD and everyone knows it. Sure Norv is a bit of a puppet but if you piss off Norv you'll piss of AJ.

Ugly Duck
08-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Actually Schefter is the most respected NFL insider out there.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp348/UglyDuck2/i3h06s.gif?t=1251524096

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Hard to tell from that pic, hope Tony's Super Bowl ring isn't digging into Norv's fingers too painfully...
Notice it was the only time he was able to elude the Bolt.

Slainte
08-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Notice it was the only time he was able to elude the Bolt.

Yes. One of them has coached a team to the Super Bowl. We've all noticed that.

Gadzooks
08-28-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm going to bed.
We can resume this when BuckinKaeding takes his shift (we've got to find a 3rd guy to handle these inane arguments on off hours)

Buck
08-29-2009, 12:24 AM
this thead needs more boobs

ArrowheadMagic
08-29-2009, 12:50 AM

Even boobs might not be enough to save this thread....and no...I dont want to see Norv's.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Even boobs might not be enough to save this thread....and no...I dont want to see Norv's.

LMAO

J Diddy
08-29-2009, 12:53 AM

This thread is teh stoopid.

milkman
08-29-2009, 04:09 AM
Buckin's merely rubbing your noses in it and inciting a riot by saying Norv is the best coach in the division.
At this point there's no possible way for any Donk, Tard or Chef fan to put together a detailed argument supporting the fact that Norv isn't the best coach in the division.
As OC for Dallas he's got the rings. Working for Snyder and Al Davis as a HC he fell on his ass just as all of his predecessors did (including Farty).
In SD, he's pushed the team further than Farty ever did when it counted.

This is a Go Chargers thread unless anyone can come up with a valid argument for the Chefs coach (you know, ole what's his face).

Oh come on.

To suggest that Marty failed in Washington is disingenuous at best, and and stupidity at it's finest.

He took a team that lacked discipline and focus, that played soft and instilled some toughness.

They started out slow and finished strong in his one season.

He wouldn't allow himself to be Daniel Snyder's puppet, so he was let go before he had the chance to fail.

Speaking of lacking discipline and focus, that is exactly the reason that Norv Turner fails as a coach.

His teams all share those qualities, which is the reason he has a losing record as a HC in this league.

Marty is a suckass playoff coach, but Turner has taken over a supremely talented Charger team and led them to two seasons of underachieving, going 18-14 in two seasons in the weakest divison in football.

They've won in the playoffs, sure, but in the end, they have still failed to advance to the SB.

And you are actually happy to have a coach that you admit is nothing more than a puppet?

You are a fucking idiot.

Kerberos
08-29-2009, 06:33 AM
Actually he is the most respected NFL insider out there. Schefter breaks more stories than anyone.

HE IS A F****ing hack and your are the ONLY TOOL here that thinks otherwise.

He is NOT the most respected NFL anything. Only by YOU does get any distinction of such notoriety

Gadzooks
08-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Oh come on.

To suggest that Marty failed in Washington is disingenuous at best, and and stupidity at it's finest.

He took a team that lacked discipline and focus, that played soft and instilled some toughness.

They started out slow and finished strong in his one season.

He wouldn't allow himself to be Daniel Snyder's puppet, so he was let go before he had the chance to fail.

Speaking of lacking discipline and focus, that is exactly the reason that Norv Turner fails as a coach.

His teams all share those qualities, which is the reason he has a losing record as a HC in this league.

Marty is a suckass playoff coach, but Turner has taken over a supremely talented Charger team and led them to two seasons of underachieving, going 18-14 in two seasons in the weakest divison in football.

They've won in the playoffs, sure, but in the end, they have still failed to advance to the SB.

And you are actually happy to have a coach that you admit is nothing more than a puppet?

You are a ****ing idiot.

I use the term puppet to mean that Norv is working for AJ. He's on board with the whole philosophy and isn't trying to make power grabs by having a say in personnel.
The combination of losing in the playoffs and not playing into AJ’s philosophy are what got Marty fired.
These aren’t High School kids we’re talking about here (even though some may act like it). Marty’s stupid “Gleam” speeches will wear on a team to the point where they become ineffective late in the season and that’s when Marty’s lack of ability as a Coach, (decision maker), is always exposed.
If I were a Lion or Chief fan, I would be happy to have Marty as coach but while Marty may be able to help make a shitty team good, he can’t make a good team great.
If I’m a ****ing idiot for preferring to have a coach that gets his teams to win when it counts rather than having a gaudy regular season record and losing every single time it counts, well then so be it.
IMO, you sir, are the ****ing idiot for not being able to see Marty’s faults when they stare you right in the face.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2009, 07:48 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/turner_norv1204.jpg

Lets hope that Turner took his superbowl rings off before he shook Tonys hand...

Would hate for his to put to much pressure on him...

milkman
08-29-2009, 07:51 AM
I use the term puppet to mean that Norv is working for AJ. He's on board with the whole philosophy and isn't trying to make power grabs by having a say in personnel.
The combination of losing in the playoffs and not playing into AJ’s philosophy are what got Marty fired.
These aren’t High School kids we’re talking about here (even though some may act like it). Marty’s stupid “Gleam” speeches will wear on a team to the point where they become ineffective late in the season and that’s when Marty’s lack of ability as a Coach, (decision maker), is always exposed.
If I were a Lion or Chief fan, I would be happy to have Marty as coach but while Marty may be able to help make a shitty team good, he can’t make a good team great.
If I’m a ****ing idiot for preferring to have a coach that gets his teams to win when it counts rather than having a gaudy regular season record and losing every single time it counts, well then so be it.
IMO, you sir, are the ****ing idiot for not being able to see Marty’s faults when they stare you right in the face.

Uh...dumbass....You won't find anyone that hates Marty more than me, but you are a fucking idiot because you made the ridiculous assertion that Marty failed in Washington, and because you painted a picture of Norv as a figurehead that is nothing more than a hall monitor for AJ.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Uh...dumbass....You won't find anyone that hates Marty more than me, but you are a fucking idiot because you made the ridiculous assertion that Marty failed in Washington, and because you painted a picture of Norv as a figurehead that is nothing more than a hall monitor for AJ.

who cares if Marty failed or didnt fail in Washington...

Marty is Fail, plain and simple... Marty dreams of having the success that Norv has had in the playoffs as a cordinator or a head coach.

milkman
08-29-2009, 08:05 AM
who cares if Marty failed or didnt fail in Washington...

Marty is Fail, plain and simple... Marty dreams of having the success that Norv has had in the playoffs as a cordinator or a head coach.

I don't care whether he failed.

I do care, however, when someone makes an absurd assertion to support a stupid fucking position.

Gadzooks
08-29-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't care whether he failed.

I do care, however, when someone makes an absurd assertion to support a stupid ****ing position.

How is the assertion that Marty was fired in Washington absurd? Was it justified? Not according to what was going happening on the field. Regardless, Snyder had a hand in his firing and when you have an owner that impedes your success you're bound to fail. As was the case for Norv in Was and Chokeland.
I'm not saying it was entirely the Owner's fault I just saying they hampered his success.

milkman
08-29-2009, 08:41 AM
How is the assertion that Marty was fired in Washington absurd? Was it justified? Not according to what was going happening on the field. Regardless, Snyder had a hand in his firing and when you have an owner that impedes your success you're bound to fail. As was the case for Norv in Was and Chokeland.
I'm not saying it was entirely the Owner's fault I just saying they hampered his success.

This is what you said:

Working for Snyder and Al Davis as a HC he fell on his ass just as all of his predecessors did (including Farty).

He got fired, yes, but he didn't "fall on his ass".
He was making progress in transitiong that team from a soft, undisciplined team that he inherited from Norv.

Now, we both know that he would have fallen on his ass when he did get that team to the playoffs, but falling on his ass is a ridculous claim in that situation.

Ther can be no argument made for any of the other coaches in the division as "best coach", but to argue that Norv Turner is the best coach in the division simply because he's the only coach that has been a head coach previously is also beyond fucking stupid also.

What we have are three untested coaches, and one sub .500 career coach.

He sucks ass out loud, and it's only a matter of time before his ass sucking becomes so loud that AJ will have to fire him.

Gadzooks
08-29-2009, 09:13 AM
This is what you said:

He got fired, yes, but he didn't "fall on his ass".
He was making progress in transitiong that team from a soft, undisciplined team that he inherited from Norv.

Now, we both know that he would have fallen on his ass when he did get that team to the playoffs, but falling on his ass is a ridculous claim in that situation.

Ther can be no argument made for any of the other coaches in the division as "best coach", but to argue that Norv Turner is the best coach in the division simply because he's the only coach that has been a head coach previously is also beyond ****ing stupid also.

What we have are three untested coaches, and one sub .500 career coach.

He sucks ass out loud, and it's only a matter of time before his ass sucking becomes so loud that AJ will have to fire him.

Look at what McDaniels has done to the Donks in his short time there.
Cable punched his Assistant coach (doesn't seem like a veteran coaching move).
Haley will need time for his players to get used to his more abrasive style of coaching.
I don't expect anyone of them to set the world on fire this season. A couple of years from now, with some experience and better players, they may become successful.
To say that experience and stability doesn't play a major role in coaching is asinine.
There are extenuating circumstances around why Norv is sub .500 in the regular season but it doesn't matter because he's above .500 in the regular season and, more importantly, the playoffs with the Chargers.
Going into this season, the Chargers are in the best shape in terms of coaching.
As for this whole Marty thing - When someone's fired, the perception is that they didn't live up to their bosses expectations, thus, "fell on their ass". Norv went to the playoffs with the Skins, the team talent fell off, they started to lose and that's when you bring in a Marty.
Norv's biggest hit to his regular season record came while he was with the Turds. Vince ****ing Lombardi couldn't save the Turds.

milkman
08-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Look at what McDaniels has done to the Donks in his short time there.
Cable punched his Assistant coach (doesn't seem like a veteran coaching move).
Haley will need time for his players to get used to his more abrasive style of coaching.
I don't expect anyone of them to set the world on fire this season. A couple of years from now, with some experience and better players, they may become successful.
To say that experience and stability doesn't play a major role in coaching is asinine.
There are extenuating circumstances around why Norv is sub .500 in the regular season but it doesn't matter because he's above .500 in the regular season and, more importantly, the playoffs with the Chargers.
Going into this season, the Chargers are in the best shape in terms of coaching.
As for this whole Marty thing - When someone's fired, the perception is that they didn't live up to their bosses expectations, thus, "fell on their ass". Norv went to the playoffs with the Skins, the team talent fell off, they started to lose and that's when you bring in a Marty.
Norv's biggest hit to his regular season record came while he was with the Turds. Vince ****ing Lombardi couldn't save the Turds.

No one said that experience and stability isn't important.

But it doesn't make a whole lot of difference when you suck ass.
And Norv Turner sucks ass.

He will fail, eventually.

I personally think Ron Rivera will save his ass this season, but sooner, rather than later, his lack of leadership, which is illustrated by the fact that he's been a puppet wherever he's been, will lose him that locker room.

And you go ahead and make up your own perceptions.

The rest of us know that that perception is just fantasy of yours to make yourself feel better about having a suckass coach.

milkman
08-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Oh, and while the Chiefs won't win a lot of games this year, the players are already responding to his abrasive style.

Any improvement in this team will be a succes on Haley's part.

Gadzooks
08-29-2009, 09:58 AM
No one said that experience and stability isn't important.

But it doesn't make a whole lot of difference when you suck ass.
And Norv Turner sucks ass.

He will fail, eventually.

I personally think Ron Rivera will save his ass this season, but sooner, rather than later, his lack of leadership, which is illustrated by the fact that he's been a puppet wherever he's been, will lose him that locker room.

And you go ahead and make up your own perceptions.

The rest of us know that that perception is just fantasy of yours to make yourself feel better about having a suckass coach.

How do you define leadership? Did Marty's "Gleam" speeches make him a good leader? Motivator, sure, but leader? Marty made stoopid decisions at key moments and that’s what makes him a shitty leader.
Is Belicheat a good leader? He can't be because he doesn't use the word "Gleam".
I'm going to stop insulting your intelligence and say that Norv is doing his job and he's doing it well. He needs to be an OC and make the key decisions for the team. The role of motivator is way down the list.
BTW – Rivera’s a bit of an unknown quantity but from the news coming out of camp we should be fine, thanks.

LaChapelle
08-29-2009, 10:07 AM
This thread title will only need a slight adjustment in coming weeks: AFC West Coaches - A Running over or Rev up that bus.

milkman
08-29-2009, 10:11 AM
How do you define leadership? Did Marty's "Gleam" speeches make him a good leader? Motivator, sure, but leader? Marty made stoopid decisions at key moments and that’s what makes him a shitty leader.
Is Belicheat a good leader? He can't be because he doesn't use the word "Gleam".
I'm going to stop insulting your intelligence and say that Norv is doing his job and he's doing it well. He needs to be an OC and make the key decisions for the team. The role of motivator is way down the list.
BTW – Rivera’s a bit of an unknown quantity but from the news coming out of camp we should be fine, thanks.

Leadership is hard to define.

But simply stated, a leader commands respect.

Norv doesn't.

As for Rivera, here's a guy that grew up playing LB in Buddy Ryan's 46 defense.
He cut his teeth as a LB coach in Jim Johnson's blitz happy defense in Philly.

He took over as DC in Chicago and they were a top 5 defense, something they weren't before he goty there, and haven't been since.

He bided his time as the LB coach for the Chargers, but when he took over mid season last year after Ted Cottrell was fired, that defense stepped up and played the way they were capable of playing.

Gadzooks
08-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Norv doesn't.

As for Rivera, here's a guy that grew up playing LB in Buddy Ryan's 46 defense.
He cut his teeth as a LB coach in Jim Johnson's blitz happy defense in Philly.

He took over as DC in Chicago and they were a top 5 defense, something they weren't before he goty there, and haven't been since.

He bided his time as the LB coach for the Chargers, but when he took over mid season last year after Ted Cottrell was fired, that defense stepped up and played the way they were capable of playing.

I think the players respect Norv and there haven't been any situations where any player has called him out. You just don't like his neck.
Rivera has great experience but, in Chicago, Lovie had alot to do with the defensive scheme and playcalling so this season will be his first where he can show off his own schemes and philosophies. He's got a great background and did a good job using Fat Teddy's playbook last season so I'm sure he'll be fine.

milkman
08-29-2009, 10:36 AM
I think the players respect Norv and there haven't been any situations where any player has called him out. You just don't like his neck.
Rivera has great experience but, in Chicago, Lovie had alot to do with the defensive scheme and playcalling so this season will be his first where he can show off his own schemes and philosophies. He's got a great background and did a good job using Fat Teddy's playbook last season so I'm sure he'll be fine.

This is as far as I'm going with this debate.

But when I've watched players talk about coaches they really respect, you can sense the respect they have.

It's not the "He's my coach, so I'm doing what he asks of me" kind of responses you get.

The fact that his players aren't taking shots at him doesn't necessarily equal respect.

Hell, I think they like him, but I just don't sense the kind of respect that BB has with his players, that Parcells had, even what Coughlin has with the Giants.

Gadzooks
08-29-2009, 10:56 AM
This is as far as I'm going with this debate.

But when I've watched players talk about coaches they really respect, you can sense the respect they have.

It's not the "He's my coach, so I'm doing what he asks of me" kind of responses you get.

The fact that his players aren't taking shots at him doesn't necessarily equal respect.

Hell, I think they like him, but I just don't sense the kind of respect that BB has with his players, that Parcells had, even what Coughlin has with the Giants.

Well, that’s your perception, BB and Parcells have personnel control so the players may fear them more. So maybe you’re just not seeing the fear in the players eyes.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :harumph:

rambleonthruthefog
08-29-2009, 01:41 PM
a lot of players have had problems with coughlin over the years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-29-2009, 01:51 PM
A fucking "rah-rah rally" for Norv Fucking Turner; the apocalypse is truly upon us Chiefs Planet.

Buck
08-29-2009, 03:38 PM
A ****ing "rah-rah rally" for Norv ****ing Turner; the apocalypse is truly upon us Chiefs Planet.

That actually happened when they let you re-register under a different username.

brophog
08-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I think the players respect Norv and there haven't been any situations where any player has called him out.

Someone should tell Jerry Rice to shut up then.

People in this sport, like most businesses, are pussies and don't want to burn bridges (One reason I've always said that the internet is a far more honest medium than face to face communication. The anonymity allows people to be the jerks they truly are, rather than just lie to your face). You rarely get honest answers in football these days, because we punish so severely those that try to be honest. If an active player actually let it be known they disrespect their coach, all they get is trouble for it. They're not going to tell you an honest answer, either way, when their paycheck is riding on it. They're going to give you the "right answer" to the weasel quiz and save themselves the hassle.

Instead, they all write books after they retire. :D

Easy 6
08-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Norv doesn't.

He's the Joe Lieberman, the Droopy Drawers of the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-29-2009, 05:44 PM
That actually happened when they let you re-register under a different username.

And don't you forget it.

LOCOChief
08-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Denver Broncos - Josh McDaniels:

Rookie Head Coach, 32 years old. Alienated his pro-bowl caliber starting QB, which in turn has pissed off his #1 WR. Has made somewhat of a mockery of his team in the short time he's been there.

Kansas City Chiefs - Todd Haley:

Don't know much about him other than that he too is a rookie head coach, and he's making his players earn a roster spot. According to many hes a "mf'n prick."

Oakland Raiders - Tom Cable:

Punched his assistant coach in the head. Nuff said. He's pretty much Al Davis' marionette.

San Diego Chargers - Norv Turner:

Known to make talented teams bad, yet he has had good playoff luck in the last 2 years. If anyone told you five years ago that Norv Turner would be the best coach in the AFC west, you would probably have laughed in their face, or kicked them in there balls.

Sorry if repost.

If anyone told me today that Norv Turner is the best coach in the AFC West I would think they are high. Even according to your own analysis, Haley is the only one without a knock against him, unless of course you're a puss and the fact that the coach is a mfnprick makes your vag hurts so you know he's a bad coach. Oh ,and you throw an nfl ball 50+? come on naaaaa???