PDA

View Full Version : Football Well I guess Sportscenter has its lead-in story for the next week...

T-post Tom
08-28-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d8123847a/Brady-hit-hard

Baconeater
08-28-2009, 11:57 PM
OH NOES! NOT TEH GOLDEN BOY!

UsualSuspects
08-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Not hard enough?

ArrowheadMagic
08-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Bet the franchise tag looks better than OConnell right about now.

T-post Tom
08-29-2009, 12:02 AM
OH NOES! NOT TEH GOLDEN BOY!

ESPN should change its name to NESPN: Northeast Sports Programming Network. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of that but...eh... I'd be okay with their Brady obsession if they covered the entire screen with this while they talked:

might be "NSFW": http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/gisele-bundchen-nude-pic.jpg

TrickyNicky
08-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Bad things happen when Haynesworth uses your franchise qb as a slip n slide. Ask Brokie.

kcfanXIII
08-29-2009, 12:53 AM
between this and favre coming back, their program director can take a vacation.

AZORChiefFan
08-29-2009, 01:52 AM
This will be analyzed more than the Zapruder film.

Raised On Riots
08-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Aw hell, that was a love tap.

J Diddy
08-29-2009, 02:00 AM
maybe we could trade them thigpen and zach thomas for a first

Long live Pioli

milkman
08-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Bet the franchise tag looks better than OConnell right about now.

When we were debating Cassel before free agency and the trade, I said then if we were trading for a New England QB, I'd rather go after O'Connell than Cassel.

I really liked that kid coming out of college.

JuicesFlowing
08-29-2009, 06:13 AM
No, ESPN will be circle-jerking over Jerry Jones for at least the next 2 weeks. Then when the first punt of the first regular season game hits the video board, they'll have material for the next 8 weeks after that.

LaChapelle
08-29-2009, 06:25 AM
People still set down and watch ESPN? I thought it was just channel surfing filler.

Raised On Riots
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
When we were debating Cassel before free agency and the trade, I said then if we were trading for a New England QB, I'd rather go after O'Connell than Cassel.

And you're wiling to admit that today?:D

Pioli Zombie
08-29-2009, 02:58 PM

Are you serious?
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
08-29-2009, 03:41 PM
And you're wiling to admit that today?:D

Sure.
I still think the kid has some tools to work with and develop.

Are you serious?
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course I'm serious.

I wanted to draft Sanchez, and trade for O'Connell to compete to back up Sanchez if we were going to trade for a Pat backup.

Mr. Krab
08-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Not hard enough!!!!!
FYP

JD10367
08-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi. Let me take this moment as a Patriots fan to say that anyone who wishes injury on Brady is a supreme douchebag. Just because you're jealous over his success or angry over the amount of coverage he gets (which isn't exactly in his control) is no reason to wish injury on him, especially considering he's coming off one. Only a real f**ktard would do such a thing. He's supposedly a great teammate, an upstanding guy, hasn't shot or knifed anyone or been caught with drugs or run someone over or some some of the shit other NFL players have done. He doesn't even ask for the limelight, the way guys like T.O. or OchoCinco do. I know this isn't a Patriots board, so I expect plenty of hate, especially given their three Super Bowls earlier in the decade. But, really, for those of you who wish injury on Brady, eat a dick. Hard.

As for the hit, it really didn't look that bad. He didn't come off the field grimacing and dangling the arm. He wasn't attended to by trainers. He sat and talked to teammates, even threw the ball around a bit. ONCE, he was seen rotating the arm as if it hurt. No shit. If 350 pounds of Haynesworth had driven me into the turf, I'd be rotating it too. To make matters worse, I'm sure Belichick had no plans of playing Brady next week, so the dickwads in the media will make even more of a story out of it. By game time on opening weekend, I'm sure they'll report amputation.

I understand why ESPN goes nuts over this shit. He's a poster boy for the league, one of it's big stars on a successful team, and is coming off a missed season to boot. But, frankly, most Patriots fans (and I'm sure the Patriots themselves) wish the media, especially ESPN, would just go the f**k away. We'd prefer they leave us alone, because the more they talk about the Patriots--either positively or negatively--the more it seems to rile up every other NFL fan. We'd be more than happy if they spent the season talking about Favre and Vick, and never mentioned the team until and unless it was something along the lines of, "The Patriots won their fourth Super Bowl today...."

UsualSuspects
08-29-2009, 05:59 PM
FYP

:evil: