PDA

View Full Version : Life Holy crap! Had the shit scared out of me!!!!

JOhn
08-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Holy crap! Had the shit scared out of me!!!!

Called my daughter (who was watching her 9 & 4y/o brothers) at 7:45 on my way home to see if they needed anything on my way home. When i got home at 8:00, the front door was open and my daughter had dozed off on the couch. I woke her and asked were the boys were? They were gone! I instantly panicked, as I know how curious and such they are. I immediately started looking for them along with my daughter and her 2 friends next door. After 20 minutes of no luck, I'll called the PD & everyone I knew in the area. I also called their mom & BF who live a short distance away. PD arrived and after a brief continued search, they called out Search & Rescue along with other resources.
We have several canals & a river within 3/4 mile of our house, so I thought the worst. In addition the 9/0 has mild Autism so I was very worried, more like in a total state of panic.
Thankfully they were found by Search & Rescue about 9:45 about a mile from home. There is a local welding & auto shop there, and they were playing in the machinery on the fenced lot. No idea how the got in there, but that were they were.
Not sure if anyone else has lost or had their kids wander off, but it's not a nice experience. Not really sure what the point of this thread is other than to vent a little. Still haven't calmed down about it, and just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I really feel like shit, but even worse their sister nearly had a breakdown over it. Not sure what to do other than reassure her it happens, just be attentive?

ChiefaRoo
08-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, next you'll be telling us about some bullshit threeway propsal you turned down while wearing your pink tie.

glad they were ok.

MIAdragon
08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
thank god they were ok.

Brock
08-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Good grief, that's a horrible experience.

LocoChiefsFan
08-29-2009, 11:10 AM
I really feel like shit, but even worse their sister nearly had a breakdown over it. Not sure what to do other than reassure her it happens, just be attentive?

Didn't notice, did you mention how old the sister was. Your a lot nicer than I am, I would've gone off on my daughter. I wouldn't dare "reassure her it happens". That's irresponsible and unacceptable. She was left in charge and it's her responsibility to keep an eye on them until you get back home. They could have very easily been picked up by a stranger and never heard from again. I'm soooooooo glad they are okay.

Priest31kc
08-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow, thank God they are okay!! I would be in panic mode too if that happened to my kids.

listopencil
08-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow, I'd be a complete wreck. Good to hear they were OK.

KChiefs1
08-29-2009, 11:33 AM
This is what happens when you leave your 10 year old daughter in charge.

Jenson71
08-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Uh oh, John. You've just opened yourself up to the 'You're a horrible parent' crowd.

Glad things are okay.

Otter
08-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Glad the little ones are OK.

rambleonthruthefog
08-29-2009, 12:18 PM
i have a cat door in my laundry room, that my twins(20mnths) love to crawl in and out of. as a rule i keep the door to the laundry room closed and the garage door closed just in case. bout two weeks ago i went to take a leak, came back in kitchen to find them gone. the laundry door and garage were open so i immediatly ran outside. it had only been 60 seconds or so, so they didn't get far, but for 2 minutes or so my heart was in my feet. i'm glad your children are ok.

Pioli Zombie
08-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I can't imagine a scarier thing for a parent. I am so glad they are ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
08-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Uh oh, John. You've just opened yourself up to the 'You're a horrible parent' crowd.

Glad things are okay.

that's what I was about to say too, almost took 10 posts, the planet has lost it's burst.

John, glad everything worked out, piss on the "bad parent" crowd....

Hog Farmer
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Lamar Hunt had the same thing happen. He llost his defense when Schottenheimer retired, then lost his offense when Vermeil retired. They've never been found.

3rd&48ers
08-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Thank God...................

Deberg_1990
08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow....thank god they are ok John. Nobody should have to go through that.

Old Dog
08-29-2009, 01:01 PM
glad it all worked out OK

Deberg_1990
08-29-2009, 01:04 PM
BTW, John....How old is your daughter who was watching them?

IM guessing you have gone over the proper procedures for locking the front door and not falling asleep while shes caring for younger kids before?

Rain Man
08-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I had the opposite happen when I was a kid. I was in the grocery store and I got distracted by the rabbit on the Trix box, and when I looked up I was deep in a primeval forest surrounded by wolves. For a minute or two I really panicked until I realized the trees were shelves and the wolves were fat women with grocery carts and my mom was at the end of the aisle yelling at me to hurry up.

JOhn
08-29-2009, 02:26 PM
This is what happens when you leave your 10 year old daughter in charge.

haha

She's 13, and a VERY responsible kid. Say what you want, but it DOES happen to the best of us. She's extremely torn up about it, and i at least know she cares.

Hell I've had them wander on me, luckily it was just a few seconds. But no matter how good a parent you are, IT CAN HAPPEN.

As for the "Bad Parent crowd", they can kiss my ass. I'd like to see anyone of them take on the task of raising 3 kids, 1 with special needs, as a single parent.

BigMeatballDave
08-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Wow. I'm glad they're OK. A parents worst nightmare.

BigMeatballDave
08-29-2009, 02:42 PM
This is what happens when you leave your 10 year old daughter in charge.Pound sand

Fairplay
08-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Spank those kids for doing that and shame on them !!:cuss:

Just teasing. Glad they are alright.

Groves
08-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Glad they're ok. That's a huge relief.

The canals and stuff had to be a scary thought. It was probably dark by the time you found them, too. I would have been in total panic, too.

Keep us posted on what you decide as discipline for each of them.

JOhn
08-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Spank those kids for doing that and shame on them !!:cuss:

Just teasing. Glad they are alright.

Trust me, they are being punished. :evil:

As soon as I finish with the water-boarding..............Just kidding :doh!:

DaFace
08-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Damn dude, that's scary. At least you can feel confident that your daughter isn't going to let something like that happen again!

BigMeatballDave
08-29-2009, 02:49 PM
As soon as I finish with the water-boardingROFL

JOhn
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Damn dude, that's scary. At least you can feel confident that your daughter isn't going to let something like that happen again!

DOubtful, she already asked if the dogs Invisible fence (electric) collar would fit the boys :spock::eek: :hmmm:

ROFL

She finally calmed down about it. and I know the boys are more scared of her right now than they ever were of me. Big sis is over the shock & scared part...now she's pissed.

pr_capone
08-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Jeez JOhn... glad to hear the kiddies are alright.

ChiefsChick
08-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Wow! That is scary! Glad that they are Ok.

Chiefnj2
08-31-2009, 08:38 AM
That must have been the longest 2 hours of your life. When kids disappear from your site in a shopping mall for 10-30 seconds it is scary and seems like an eternity.

big nasty kcnut
08-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Dude thank god they are ok. Give them a hug then tell them not to sneek out like that again or else they see the belt.

blaise
08-31-2009, 08:46 AM
It's be scared as hell. I get near panic if I lose sight of my kids for a half a second at the grocery store.

stumppy
08-31-2009, 08:46 AM
haha

As for the "Bad Parent crowd", they can kiss my ass. I'd like to see anyone of them take on the task of raising 3 kids, 1 with special needs, as a single parent.

Been there, done that. Fuck em.

Lumpy
08-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Damn John, that is scary! I'm glad they're ok!

Lzen
08-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Glad to hear everything is okay.

tooge
08-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Man, glad they are fine. I get panicky if I turn around and dont see one of them at the park for 30 seconds. Too many freaks out there.

morphius
08-31-2009, 09:33 AM
Had my daughter wonder off at a pumpkin patch, we had her blocked in where she couldn't escape, but then my Mom moved and moved a stroller and she just snuck by as we were watching the other kids on the ride. Luckily it only took 30 seconds to find her, but damn, unimaginable panic.

Easy 6
08-31-2009, 09:43 AM
I feel ya, theres no panic in the world as acute as 'where in the hell are my kids?'

Glad all is well.

JOhn
08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
I talked to my 9y/o case manager, he's on a waiver through the state for his needs, and she is going to see about getting him a monitor. kinda like the Brinks" child monitor you see on TV. Except this is a lot less conspicuous and besides having a tracking hand held unit, also has a home monitor that alert if he goes to far from home. In addition has GPS capabilities.

I first thought it was a little extreme, but with his Autism, I'm thinking it's a pretty good idea.

kepp
08-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Holy cow...I'd have an instant heart attack. Very glad to hear they're okay.