PDA

View Full Version : Economics I wanted to thank you republicans for your tax dollars

KC Jones
08-29-2009, 05:50 PM
You subsidized my new ride. So thanks again for putting your money to work for me. I also heard you will be paying for health insurance for my niece, and I think that's awesome. You guys rock!

:D

UsualSuspects
08-29-2009, 05:56 PM
:clap:

ROFL

:popcorn::popcorn:

RNR
08-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Everyone will pay including the children your niece will have some day.

alanm
08-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Everyone will pay including the children your niece will have some day.And their children and their children's children ect. ect ad nauseum. I'll be dead by then so I won't care.

MGRS13
08-29-2009, 07:28 PM
And their children and their children's children ect. ect ad nauseum. I'll be dead by then so I won't care.

Naw his childrens children will still be paying for the war in Iraq. It's the generation after that that gets to pay for everything else.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2009, 07:59 PM
You subsidized my new ride. So thanks again for putting your money to work for me. I also heard you will be paying for health insurance for my niece, and I think that's awesome. You guys rock!

Her health insurance isn't covered yet. But if it is she'll need it because she either be jobless and on the dole ( not intentionally) or be part of the working poor with lower take home wages after less pay than her forebears. :)

Radar Chief
08-29-2009, 08:38 PM
You're welcome.
Good to see at least one of you unwashed hippies knows and appriciates who your benefactors are. Now the next time I go to the drive through at Mickey Dee's maybe you could, like, not fuck up my order.
*Ding* Fries are done, BTW. ;)

***SPRAYER
08-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Don't you just want to smack the smirk off their face? A bunch of spoiled rotten, little white punks.

The war is coming. Oh, it's coming and it's gonna be charming.

Reaper16
08-29-2009, 09:48 PM
You're welcome.
Good to see at least one of you unwashed hippies knows and appriciates who your benefactors are. Now the next time I go to the drive through at Mickey Dee's maybe you could, like, not fuck up my order.
*Ding* Fries are done, BTW. ;)
No one, no one, can sound superior when they're getting food from McDonalds.

J Diddy
08-29-2009, 10:14 PM

It's like trying to look tough while drinking from a straw.

BigRedChief
08-30-2009, 09:32 AM

Yeah, my wife is really enjoying the new ride. :thumb:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3533/3871074190_e0862fd11f.jpg

Brock
08-30-2009, 09:36 AM
I'd like to thank myself for taking back some of my money the feds stole.

KC Jones
08-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Don't you just want to smack the smirk off their face? A bunch of spoiled rotten, little white punks.

The war is coming. Oh, it's coming and it's gonna be charming.

LMAO

Lighten up Francis.

BigRedChief
08-30-2009, 09:50 AM
LMAO

Lighten up Francis.
LMAO
http://images.chron.com/blogs/cougars/Hulka.jpg

***SPRAYER
08-30-2009, 10:01 AM
http://firstfriday.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/pelosi-joker.jpg

Flustrated
08-30-2009, 10:07 AM
And their children and their children's children ect. ect ad nauseum. I'll be dead by then so I won't care.

Exactly...You should be thanking China for the borrowed money, not Republicans.

mlyonsd
08-30-2009, 10:36 AM

What's that get for mpg?

I'm in the market for a new car for my wife. Her Bonneville has 180,000 miles on it so I'm starting to keep my eye open just to see what's out there.

I reckon I'll be ready to buy in 3 or 4 years.

mlyonsd
08-30-2009, 10:37 AM

You should really be thanking your grandkids. And your great great grandkids as well.

Radar Chief
08-30-2009, 11:42 AM

It's like trying to look tough while drinking from a straw.

Obviously neither of you has kids, that you're taking responsibility for at least.
That whole Ronald McDonald cartoon Happy Meal with a toy shit is targeted at a specific audience for a specific reason.
It's not like I enjoy having you toothless meth-heads handle my food. ;)

StcChief
08-30-2009, 11:45 AM
http://firstfriday.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/pelosi-joker.jpg:clap::D

Radar Chief
08-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I'd like to thank myself for taking back some of my money the feds stole.

There you go. :thumb:
I'd like to have done the same thing, just wasn't in the financial position for it.

BucEyedPea
08-30-2009, 02:04 PM
After Cash for Clunkers, higher prices

If you were one of the nearly 700,000 people who were able to cash in on the Cash for Clunkers program, congratulations, you probably got a good deal. On the other hand, if you bought a car without a clunker in the last month, you’ve overpaid.

Prices for cars during the Clunkers program went up for everyone. But buyers who used the program on average did about $3,000 better than those that did not. And if you absolutely have to buy a vehicle in the next two months, you’ll most likely pay more to get the same car.

It’s a simple matter of supply and demand. The wildly successful [/tongue 'n cheek] Cash for Clunkers program has thrown things out of whack. For the next couple of months, usually peak car buying season, inventories will be low and car shoppers should expect higher prices and fewer choices, experts say.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/26/autos/clunker_price_rise/?postversion=2009082710

The only silver lining is with all the liquidity things are made more difficult to predict exact fallout as demand my remain low too. We'll see.

Stewie
08-30-2009, 02:11 PM

We don't pay taxes. That's for schleps who have payroll deductions. It's an automatic dumbass tax for people who are too stupid to do otherwise.

vailpass
08-30-2009, 02:57 PM

Got suckered into buying that piece of shit huh? Have fun with that.

Saul Good
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
What's that get for mpg?

I'm in the market for a new car for my wife. Her Bonneville has 180,000 miles on it so I'm starting to keep my eye open just to see what's out there.

I reckon I'll be ready to buy in 3 or 4 years.

By then, 25% of these cars will have been repossessed. You'll be able to pick one up for a song once the market is flooded.

BucEyedPea
08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
By then, 25% of these cars will have been repossessed. You'll be able to pick one up for a song once the market is flooded.

You think so? Why?

A dealer on another board insisted to me that the credit requirements were tight in order to qualify. So good credit was needed.

Saul Good
08-30-2009, 03:36 PM
You think so? Why?

A dealer on another board insisted to me that the credit requirements were tight in order to qualify. So good credit was needed.

Give me a break. There are two kinds of people that made up the vast majority of these purchases.

1. The upper-middle class to upper class person with children of driving age. This person generally passes his car down to his oldest child when he gets a new car. The oldest child's car then gets passed down to the next oldest and so on. This guy bought a new car and traded in his oldest vehicle.

2. The person who was driving a clunker because that was what was affordable. You can have decent credit and not have enough money to buy a brand new car. Any time you get people trading cars worth $1,000 in for new cars, you can be certain that a high percentage of them made a big financial mistake.

BucEyedPea
08-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Give me a break.
2. The person who was driving a clunker because that was what was affordable. You can have decent credit and not have enough money to buy a brand new car. Any time you get people trading cars worth $1,000 in for new cars, you can be certain that a high percentage of them made a big financial mistake.

Oh I'm giving you a break alright! See your point #2 here, that was my argument....that it was a Fannie-Freddie for cars and this dealer was all over me about that.

To be honest he knew all the credit requirements so I felt he knew more than me on it. So I was just wondering what you would use to say otherwise, since it was my original point.

BigRedChief
08-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Got suckered into buying that piece of shit huh? Have fun with that.
Okay, what do I need to know?

Saul Good
08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh I'm giving you a break alright! See your point #2 here, that was my argument....that it was a Fannie-Freddie for cars and this dealer was all over me about that.

To be honest he knew all the credit requirements so I felt he knew more than me on it. So I was just wondering what you would use to say otherwise, since it was my original point.

I'll admit that I don't have any hard evidence that proves that many of those who purchased new vehicles were unworthy of credit. I don't think that being able to point out the likelihood of poor financial judgments on the part of lenders takes that much research.