PDA

View Full Version : Big money league rate this team

The Bad Guy
08-30-2009, 09:37 PM
I had my draft today. I'll solicit some opinions.

One player keeper league. 12 teams. 6 points TD pass, .5 reception, 5 point bonuses for 300 passing, 100 rushing, 100 receiving. Additional 2 points for 400 yards passing, 200 rushing/receiving. Had the 10th overall pick. We also start 3 WRs.

Keepers were:

AP, Steven Jax, Brady, Brees, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, MJD, DeAngelo Williams, Frank Gore and Turner.

First round went: LT, Fitz, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Steve Slayton, Portis, Jacobs, Marion Barber, Manning, Wayne, Brian Westbrook.

QB- P. Manning, Carson Palmer, FatMarcus
RBs- Michael Turner, Kevin Smith, Ray Rice, Willie Parker, Shonn Greene
WRs- Ochocinco, Brandon Marshall, Torry Holt, Chris Chambers, Earl Bennett, Jeremy Maclin, Johnnie Lee Higgins
TE- John Carlson, Brent Celek
K- Ryan Longwell
Def- Eagles, Jets

I feel pretty confident now in my RB depth with Parker being named the starter and the one who will receive a bulk of the carries.

I think he can be a valuable chip to ship out if I need to get a better 3rd WR.

I'd love to hear from OnTheWarPath about his thoughts on this team.

Here are the other starting lineups in this league:

Team A.

QB- Matt Schaub. RBs- Steven Jackson, Joseph Addai or Pierre Thomas. WRs- Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Michael Jenkins. TE- K2

Team B:
QB- Philip Rivers. RBs- Adrian Peterson, Chris Wells. WRs- Reggie Wayne, Roy Williams, Eddie Royal. TE- Dustin Keller

Team C:
QB- Brett Favre, Matt Cassel. RBs- Frank Gore, LT. WRs- TO, Bowe, Bryant. TE- Owen Daniels

Team D:
QB- Tony Romo. RBs- Matt Forte, LenDale White. WRs- Randy Moss, Bernard Berrian, Hines Ward. TE- Zach Miller

Team E:
QB- Drew Brees. RBs- Steve Slayton, Ronnie Brown. WRs- Housh, Santonio, Anthony Gonzalez. TE- Chris Cooley

Team F:
QB- Aaron Rodgers. RBs- Ryan Grant, LJ or Bush. WRs- Calvin Johnson, Donald Driver, Kevin Walter. TE- JerMichael Finley

Team G:
QB- Tom Brady. RBs- Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones. WRs- Greg Jennings, Lee Evans, Jerricho Cotchery. TE- Antonio Gates

Team H:
QB- Donovan McNabb. RBs- Chris Johnson, Brandon Jacobs. WRs- Anquan Boldin, Braylon Edwards, Chris Henry. TE- Dallas Clark

Team I: QB- Matt Ryan. RBs- Marion Barber, Jamal Lewis. WRs- Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, Santana Moss. TE- Tony Gonzalez

Team J: QB- Kurt Warner. RBs- MJD, Westbrook. WRs- Steve Smith, Donnie Avery, Lav. Coles. TE- Jason Witten

Team K: QB- Jay Cutler, RBs- DeAngelo Williams, Darren McFadden. WRs- Fitzgerald, Colston, Hixon. TE- Greg Olson

How does my starting lineup measure up to the rest?

QB- Peyton Manning, RBs- Michael Turner, Kevin Smith. WRs- OchoCinco, Brandon Marshall, Torry Holt. TE- John Carlson

The Bad Guy
08-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Seriously no comments?

Bill Lundberg
08-31-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm confused.

The Bad Guy
08-31-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm confused.

What's confusing?

The Bad Guy
09-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Is this team that bad that I can't get one opinion?

Old Dog
09-02-2009, 07:43 AM
OK, I'll try but not knowing anything except "start three receivers" and "big QB point league" it's kind of a shot in the dark.
QBs are the strength of the team obviously, Great RB1 and a decent supporting cast at RB2 but nothing spectacular. Good depth there though
Where you could easily run into huge issues is at WR. You have to start three and at best will be starting Holt, Chambers, Bennett, or Maclin on a rotating basis.
TE - below average
D - Average
K - who knows, it's a kicker

Bottom line: you fell into the old "all RB's all the time" thing and should have probably looked harder at WR. You may want to try to package one of your middling WRs and one of your stronger RB2/3s for a real WR1 or WR2 upgrade.

Without knowing anything else, I would guess this is the 4th-5th best team in the league.

You would likely have gotten more responses had you taken the time to set up the roster so folks could actually see what you have.
QB: P. Manning (B)Palmer
etc

The Bad Guy
09-02-2009, 04:13 PM
OK, I'll try but not knowing anything except "start three receivers" and "big QB point league" it's kind of a shot in the dark.
QBs are the strength of the team obviously, Great RB1 and a decent supporting cast at RB2 but nothing spectacular. Good depth there though
Where you could easily run into huge issues is at WR. You have to start three and at best will be starting Holt, Chambers, Bennett, or Maclin on a rotating basis.
TE - below average
D - Average
K - who knows, it's a kicker

Bottom line: you fell into the old "all RB's all the time" thing and should have probably looked harder at WR. You may want to try to package one of your middling WRs and one of your stronger RB2/3s for a real WR1 or WR2 upgrade.

Without knowing anything else, I would guess this is the 4th-5th best team in the league.

You would likely have gotten more responses had you taken the time to set up the roster so folks could actually see what you have.
QB: P. Manning (B)Palmer
etc

Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the roster screwup.

WRs were going fast and early. I think Ocho has a huge rebound, and I don't think Marshall is that much of a risk when all is said and done.

Compared to a lot of teams in this league, Torry Holt is a good #3. Some guys have Kevin Walter, Percy Harvin starting.

I could have taken a WR over Peyton, but Peyton will easily outscore them. I think Kevin Smith will have a huge year in Detroit. If Carson Palmer blows up, I can always package him. Ray Rice is another emerging player that I might be able to ship out.

I just viewed an emerging WR as an easier piece to acquire than an emerging RB. If Chad has over 1200 yards and 7-10 TDs, he'll be a fine #1.

You don't start a flex in this league. It's 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, etc. Standard scoring for everything except 6 points per passing TD.

Thanks again for your feedback.

KCChiefsMan
09-02-2009, 04:57 PM
WRs- Ochocinco, Brandon Marshall, Torry Holt, Chris Chambers, Earl Bennett, Jeremy Maclin, Johnnie Lee Higgins
K- Ryan Longwell
Def- Eagles, Jets

QB - just get rid of fatmarcus and pick up a promising WR/RB, you don't need 3 QBs.
RB - great #1, decent #2 and after that it's question marks
WR- Marshall has bust written all over him this year, Holt and Chambers could make an impact, but that is very questionable.
TE - I like Carlson a lot
D - Eagles D seems banged up and without Dawkins and their late DC, who knows. Jets could be solid

I would make some changes, pay great attention to the waiver wire on Sunday. Look for players available and see what they are doing.

The Bad Guy
09-02-2009, 06:50 PM
K- Ryan Longwell
Def- Eagles, Jets

QB - just get rid of fatmarcus and pick up a promising WR/RB, you don't need 3 QBs.
RB - great #1, decent #2 and after that it's question marks
WR- Marshall has bust written all over him this year, Holt and Chambers could make an impact, but that is very questionable.
TE - I like Carlson a lot
D - Eagles D seems banged up and without Dawkins and their late DC, who knows. Jets could be solid

I would make some changes, pay great attention to the waiver wire on Sunday. Look for players available and see what they are doing.

There are position caps. I have to keep 3 QBs, and 7 WRs. I think Ray Rice has a huge year behind that Baltimore line. I wouldn't be surprised if McGahee is cut.

I think if Marshall goes to the Jets, his value skyrockets again. He'll get a contract and put on a happy face. Even if he is questionable, I got him in the 5th round. Last year, he was going in the 3rd when he was scheduled to miss 2 games before it got reduced.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Bump

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Just giving it a quick once-over, Frank, I think you'll contend.

I think your depth at WR is going to hold you back a bit, but I'm with you on the thinking that Ocho and BM are going to have solid years.

I'd probably be playing Chambers as my #3 over Holt - and don't be surprised if you're playing Bennett by the middle of the season - I think he's going to be a nice sleeper for Chicago.

DrRyan
09-07-2009, 05:08 PM
One thing I would add. I agree with truebigdog, you need to get rid of Fatass Russell and do something to at minimum improve your RB depth. A name that is likely on the wire and MAY prove to be valuable this year is James Davis, RB CLE. Give him a look over Russell for sure.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 05:23 PM
One thing I would add. I agree with truebigdog, you need to get rid of Fatass Russell and do something to at minimum improve your RB depth. A name that is likely on the wire and MAY prove to be valuable this year is James Davis, RB CLE. Give him a look over Russell for sure.

He has to keep 3 QB's. Roster requirement.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 05:55 PM

Davis was drafted by the kid who has Steven Jax and Addai.

I need to have 3 QBs. I took him in the last round. I'll never use him baring a miracle.

DrRyan
09-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Right on, I did not read that. I have played leagues that have caps on the max number of players you can have at a position, but never one that requires you to have a certain number.

rad
09-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I got Marshall on my team as well as Earl Bennett. Sleeper potential