Portis

Gore

Owens

Edwards

Royal

Carlson

Folk

NY Giants

Bench: Len Dale White, Chris Henry, Nate Burleson, Fred Jackson, Glenn Coffee, Matt Cassel.

Chocolate Hog
08-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Opinons?

Mecca
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Solid, although I don't really like Portis I passed on him.

Chocolate Hog
08-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Yea Portis was great last year for my team and the thing is there isn't anyone thats great on that offense. Also they have a damn good defense so I'd be willing to be they run the ball.

Mecca
08-30-2009, 10:06 PM
The problem with Portis last year was he started strong and faded, he was awful over the last 2 months of the season averaging about 60 yards a game and only getting 2 TD's.

Chocolate Hog
08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
The problem with Portis last year was he started strong and faded, he was awful over the last 2 months of the season averaging about 60 yards a game and only getting 2 TD's.

Teams figured out Campbell sucked and Washington didn't have anything else. Hopefully guys like Kelly & Thomas step up. If they can throw the ball at all that should help Portis. Anyway I got Lendale White he'll score TD's and hopefully a guy like Fred Jackson does good. Also if Tom Brady plays like I said it won't matter who our #2 Rb's are.

Mecca
08-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Do you think it was bad that when I was weighing Roddy White and Marcus Colston part of my choice came down to the guy with Brees might face me in the championship game?

Chocolate Hog
08-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Do you think it was bad that when I was weighing Roddy White and Marcus Colston part of my choice came down to the guy with Brees might face me in the championship game?

Hmm no but I would say you have to draft the players to get there first. I think White is a better fantasy player then Colston.

Mecca
08-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Hmm no but I would say you have to draft the players to get there first. I think White is a better fantasy player then Colston.

I don't, I weighed these factors and Colston won...

Who has the better QB?

What team passes more?

Who will get more redzone looks?

No RB in the league had more redzone carries than Turner and they added Gonzalez to that...

Also..Colston missed 5 games last year but his 2nd half was spectacular, a 42-678-5 line in 8 games, and of course he benefits from working with the reigning top QB in fantasy football.

Chocolate Hog
08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I don't, I weighed these factors and Colston won...

Who has the better QB?

What team passes more?

Who will get more redzone looks?

No RB in the league had more redzone carries than Turner and they added Gonzalez to that...

Also..Colston missed 5 games last year but his 2nd half was spectacular, a 42-678-5 line in 8 games, and of course he benefits from working with the reigning top QB in fantasy football.

What I've noticed though is Brees spreads the ball around. Besides Turner and Gonzalez what does Atlanta got? Plus Ryan will have another year of working with White and I think thats one of the best combos in the league. I'm not really a fan of Saints players I guess it's because they always burn me. Last year I drafted Shockey and a few years ago Drew Brees but he didn't score alot of points for most of the year which fucked my team.

Mecca
08-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Roddy White isn't a red zone target is the issue, he'll put up a ton of yards but 5-7 TD's where as Colston can put up 10, he is the Saints number 1 redzone option.

Here's what I'd say White is probably 1400 yard WR where Colston is a 12-1300 yard WR the issue is Colston can put up double digit TD's where I think White might see his go down...

Chocolate Hog
08-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Roddy White isn't a red zone target is the issue, he'll put up a ton of yards but 5-7 TD's where as Colston can put up 10, he is the Saints number 1 redzone option.

Here's what I'd say White is probably 1400 yard WR where Colston is a 12-1300 yard WR the issue is Colston can put up double digit TD's where I think White might see his go down...

Thats a good point though it'd be interesting to see how the Saints will use Shockey this year. I guess you could also argue that McCallister isn't there anymore so they'll probably throw the ball more in the red zone.

Mecca
08-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Also I have Michael Turner, I don't want my entire team based around the Falcons.