PDA

View Full Version : Two of three drafts done, what are you thoughts?

DrRyan
08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
First of three drafts. 12 team league. Standard scoring 6 points for all TDs, 1 point for 10 rush/rec and 25 pass yards.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, D/ST and K.

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Andre Johnson
3. Ryan Grant
4. Pierre Thomas
5. Donovan McNabb
6. Ray Rice
7. Donald Driver
8. Donald Brown
9. Carson Palmer
10. Josh Morgan
11. Kellen Winslow
12. Chester Taylor
13. Percy Harvin
14. Jason Elam
15. Chargers D/ST

Pretty stoked about this draft. I like both my RBs I got in round 3-4. Getting Donald Brown in the 8th was also a huge value IMO.

Draft #2 of three. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, D/ST and K. Standard scoring. 6 points for all TDs.

1. Fitzgerald, Larry
2. Johnson, Chris
3. Bowe, Dwayne
4. McFadden, Darren
5. Romo, Tony
6. Rice, Ray
7. Brown, Donald
8. Walter, Kevin
9. Breaston, Steve
10. McCoy, LeSean
11. Morgan, Josh
12. Keller, Dustin
13. Cassel, Matt
14. Packers DST
15. Brown, Kris

Pretty happy with this team upon first review. Garrard against STL week 6 would have been the better matchup for Romo's bye week, but how can you pass on Cassel in the 13th? Worst case, Garrard is still on the wire.

Let's hear some opinions on these teams boys.

DrRyan
08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
On another note for team two, I am giving serious thoughts to sitting Chris Johnson against the Steelers week 1 for Ray Rice against our Chiefs abysmally porous run defense. Any thoughts on that as well?

Great Expectations
08-31-2009, 12:39 PM
On another note for team two, I am giving serious thoughts to sitting Chris Johnson against the Steelers week 1 for Ray Rice against our Chiefs abysmally porous run defense. Any thoughts on that as well?

I would play Rice over Johnson week 1.

DrRyan
08-31-2009, 12:48 PM
I would play Rice over Johnson week 1.

That is my gut feeling. Usually best to go with the gut...

Great Expectations
08-31-2009, 01:36 PM
I think Rice will get more yards and White is still getting the ball around the endzone.

BigVE
08-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Team 1 looks to be the stronger of the two but both look pretty good to me. It's always interesting to see how other leagues/managers draft...you have players drafted early to mid rounds that in my draft fell real late and vice-versa.

DrRyan
08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
QBs started flying off the board very early, especially in the second team's draft. Aaron Rodgers was taken #21 overall and I probably jumped on Donald Brown a bit early, but the guy right after me had Addai and being that I am high on Brown this year I did not want to let him slide to my next pick.