PDA

View Full Version : Media Canadian Female Conservative hit Kennedy Issue dead on

HonestChieffan
08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Girl on the Right, Canadian Wendy Sullivan hit this out of the park. She is usually spot on.
http://girlontheright.com/

Petty Pieties Redux: Kennedy Edition
August 26th, 2009 I might be an asshole, but I’m an honest asshole with a clear conscience: Ted Kennedy is dead and I really don’t care about all the garment-rending going on in the press.

Ted Kennedy killed a woman in a case of vehicular manslaughter, then used his connections to first attempt to cover it up, then get it marked down like a post-Christmas sale to “leaving the scene of an accident”. How such a coward could be lionized for his lack of testicular fortitude, I do not know. The death of Mary Jo Kopechne was an accident, but his actions at the time of and in the weeks following the accident were beyond the pale. Poor, scared rich kid gets strings pulled to make the whole thing go away. Shameful.

The most important thing Edward Kennedy ever did for America was to be born with the right surname, a name he exploited more and more as each (more famous, more useful) family member succumbed to tragedy.

I admit, I do feel bad for the Kennedy-Shriver clan, as they just lost (the far more moral and useful) Eunice a little over a week ago. They must be going through a hard time right now.

But as for Teddy himself, at every turn he sought to undermine American values. He undermined the troops in Vietnam. Subverted the country and worked with the Commies during the Cold War. Was a total NIMBY when it came to his pious devotion to care for the planet. Aided and abetted the murderers, rapists, drug addicts and other assorted felons in his own family.

And now he’ll be buried in Arlington National Cemetery. What an insult that would be to his brother John, who not only served in the US Navy but was blown out of his boat in an attack. Teddy, on the other hand, was shielded from duty by his father. Much as the left accused President Bush of being. I wonder how they’ll feel if the Bush family requests his burial at Arlington.

Klansman/Senator Robert Byrd is calling for the health reform bill - which touts a system no one in the House or Senate would be obliged to use - to be named after Kennedy, thereby making the death of his colleague into a political point grab. Classy.

Stacy McCain has an excellent roundup, and calls for today - August 26, 2009 - to be named as Mary Jo Kopechne Memorial Day, in honor of drunken Ted’s fatal error of judgment.

My final word is as a Catholic: It is hoped that Kennedy made his full confession to God. He never took public responsibility for the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, but one hopes he took private responsibility for it. It is not for mankind to forgive, because forgiveness is divine. We can try, but in my case, I have failed. I’ll discuss that failure with God, in the same manner I hope Kennedy discussed his failings. Otherwise he will spend eternity trapped in an airless car, submerged in the shallow water of Chappaquiddick, gasping for air.

BucEyedPea
08-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Name the healthcare bill Mary Jo.

Saul Good
08-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Name the healthcare bill Mary Jo.

No way. I can't think of a more fitting person after whom to name it than Ted Kennedy. How appropriate that a health care bill that would be foisted upon the proletariat by the privileged who, in turn, exempt themselves from it.

Rain Man
08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
I've never understood the deal with Ted Kennedy. Just a rich kid who used his connections to get a Senate seat, and then had a rich man's war chest to keep it. Hopefully the monopoly will end now.

StcChief
08-31-2009, 10:27 PM
spot on is right.