PDA

View Full Version : Obama Zogby Poll: Obama Down To 42% Job Approval

RINGLEADER
08-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Yeah, yeah. It's an interactive poll. But look at the trends!

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1737

Direckshun
08-31-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah, yeah. It's an interactive poll.

Ooooooooookay.

Seriously, you're probably going to have a poll come out in the next week that shows Obama below 50% any way. But you just couldn't wait, so you had to post this junk that if a liberal posted around here, you'd be one of the first to laugh.

RINGLEADER
09-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Ooooooooookay.

Seriously, you're probably going to have a poll come out in the next week that shows Obama below 50% any way. But you just couldn't wait, so you had to post this junk that if a liberal posted around here, you'd be one of the first to laugh.

Actually there's already one of those (Rasmussen = 46% today). In fact all polls taken recently have him at 51% or less. I just like the poll-to-poll decline. Obamacare has single-handidly lopped 40-points off this guy's approval rating in only seven months.

Direckshun
09-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Actually there's already one of those (Rasmussen = 46% today). In fact all polls taken recently have him at 51% or less. I just like the poll-to-poll decline. Obamacare has single-handidly lopped 40-points off this guy's approval rating in only seven months.

Which was fairly predictable. Ain't no way that guy was going to keep 60+% approval ratings, nor was he going to escape the healthcare debate with much capital. He's using a shit-ton of his capital on this.

If anything less than a co-op goes down before the midterms, he's toast on capital.

If he can land the public option, however, he's still ticking just fine.

I'm guessing we're going to end up with a co-op system, which is unfortunate, but that means he at least emerges scathed.

HonestChieffan
09-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Id bet we end up with nothing. Looks more like Hillarycare every day

patteeu
09-01-2009, 06:51 AM

Waterloo

wild1
09-01-2009, 07:02 AM
i hope he continues pressing on Obamacare, that one policy initiative could singlehandedly make him a one-termer

petegz28
09-01-2009, 07:12 AM
Direkchun is having a hard time and is is in denial as of late regarding any poll numbers or negative articles about his hero.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Direkchun is having a hard time and is is in denial as of late regarding any poll numbers or negative articles about his hero.

Well, he sounds a lot like patteeu regarding Bush including denying we were in a recession. The economy was even "good."

BigRedChief
09-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Which was fairly predictable. Ain't no way that guy was going to keep 60+% approval ratings, nor was he going to escape the healthcare debate with much capital. He's using a shit-ton of his capital on this.

If anything less than a co-op goes down before the midterms, he's toast on capital.

I'm guessing we're going to end up with a co-op system, which is unfortunate, but that means he at least emerges scathed.
He gets a public option health care reform bill passed and the economy turns around, it's Ronald Reagan in 1981-1982 all over again. He was written off as a bad president and his policies a failure. Recent history to not be forgotten.

***SPRAYER
09-01-2009, 07:26 AM
He gets a public option health care reform bill passed and the economy turns around, it's Ronald Reagan in 1981-1982 all over again. He was written off as a bad president and his policies a failure.

:LOL:

Donger
09-01-2009, 07:28 AM
He gets a public option health care reform bill passed and the economy turns around, it's Ronald Reagan in 1981-1982 all over again. He was written off as a bad president and his policies a failure. Recent history to not be forgotten.

I don't understand this thinking. The public option is precisely what so many people DO NOT want. Why do you think achieving that would make his approval increase?

BigRedChief
09-01-2009, 07:28 AM
:LOL:Yuck it up all you want, but if it happens you can count on 8 years of Obama.

BigRedChief
09-01-2009, 07:32 AM
I don't understand this thinking. The public option is precisely what so many people DO NOT want. Why do you think achieving that would make his approval increase?
I'm personally against it. But I was looking at it from a political prespective. Democrats since Truman have tried to get health care reform passed and failed. Obama got it done. And all this partisan rhetoric will be a memory if the economy turns around. If it doesn't he's toast.

Again a recent history lesson. Why wasn't Clinton impeached after getting a BJ in the oval office and lying to us? The economy, stupid. It will trump all. Rightly or wrongly if the economy recovers Obama will get the credit and win re-election.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 07:33 AM

You can't be that poorly educated on economics can you? You're dreamin. Money doesn't just appear out of thin air. ( Oh! Wait! With the Fed it does.) The economy will not turn around with a public option. What may appear as a turnaround will just be another bubble created by Fed monetarization but with all the other problems it will be mild compared to the Clinton or Bush bubble under Greenspan. Then it will go bust again, and that bust will be much worse. It may be economic Armageddon.

Clue: He's reappointing Ben Bernanke!

EDIT: Did you just post "partisan rhetoric?" The Ds have majorities.

Donger
09-01-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm personally against it. But I was looking at it from a political prespective. Democrats since Truman have tried to get health care reform passed and failed. Obama got it done. And all this partisan rhetoric will be a memory if the economy turns around. If it doesn't he's toast.

Again a recent history lesson. Why wasn't Clinton impeached after getting a BJ in the oval office and lying to us? The economy, stupid. It will trump all. Rightly or wrongly if the economy recovers Obama will get the credit and win re-election.

I think you're wrong:

Driven by this general anxiety, and by specific concerns, public opposition to health care reform is now steady and stable. Independents once solidly supported reform. Now they have swung against it. As the veteran pollster Bill McInturff has pointed out, public attitudes toward Obamacare exactly match public attitudes toward Clintoncare when that reform effort collapsed in 1994.

Amazingly, some liberals are now lashing out at Obama because the entire country doesn’t agree with The Huffington Post. Some now argue that the administration should just ignore the ignorant masses and ram health care through using reconciliation, the legislative maneuver that would reduce the need for moderate votes.

This would be suicidal. You can’t pass the most important domestic reform in a generation when the majority of voters think you are on the wrong path. To do so would be a sign of unmitigated arrogance. If Obama agrees to use reconciliation, he will permanently affix himself to the liberal wing of his party and permanently alienate independents. He will be president of 35 percent of the country — and good luck getting anything done after that.

Donger
09-01-2009, 07:36 AM

And, Clinton was impeached.

When the economy turns around, sure, Obama will get the credit for it. But, again, I fail to see the socialized medicine benefit. Why would people suddenly like it when they don't know?

***SPRAYER
09-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Yuck it up all you want, but if it happens you can count on 8 years of Obama.

Reagan was a principled statesman wheras B.O. is a dictatorial marxist. B.O. is going down. Jimmy Carter sleeps good at night knowing that when he dies the legacy of worst president ever no longer belongs to him.

BigRedChief
09-01-2009, 07:38 AM
You can't be that poorly educated on economics can you? You're dreamin. Money doesn't just appear out of thin air. ( Oh! Wait! With the Fed it does.) The economy will not turn around with a public option. What may appear as a turnaround will just be another bubble created by Fed monetarization but with all the other problems it will be mild compared to the Clinton or Bush bubble under Greenspan. Then it will go bust again, and that bust will be much worse. It may be economic Armageddon.

Clue: He's reappointing Ben Bernanke!

EDIT: Did you just post "partisan rhetoric?" The Ds have majorities.
Do you have reading comprehension issues? I was speculating. I clearly put the if in bold to illustrate that it was speculation. If the economy turns around. jeeezzzz

BigRedChief
09-01-2009, 07:39 AM
And, Clinton was impeached.

uhhh what did I miss?

memyselfI
09-01-2009, 07:41 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

What is ironic about this is that it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Much of Lite's initial popularity was with youngsters and first time voters. Hardly people who have much vested interest in party politics or even a long term interest in Lite himself. But that youthful enthusiasm spread like wildfire and caught up even veteran politicos who took the plunge inspite of their better judgment.

Now, we see a trend emerging and folks who were lukewarm at best or who bought the farm based on looks and alone are starting to waiver. They will fall like dominoes because there is little genuine support for his policies and whatever fondness they still have for Lite is based on his persona alone. A persona that will not be able to withstand a sweeping wind of change of heart...

lest that support was not built on a solid foundation of judgment based on tempered thinking but rather patchworked together on warm n fuzzy perceived intangibles.

Bottom line, the bandwagon will de-board as fast as it loaded up.

Donger
09-01-2009, 07:41 AM
uhhh what did I miss?

Quite a bit, apparently.

Radar Chief
09-01-2009, 07:43 AM
uhhh what did I miss?

Apparently high school government class. ;)
Clinton was impeached, which is the process for removing a President. The impeachment proceedings did not succeed in removing him, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t impeached.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Apparently high school government class. ;)
Clinton was impeached, which is the process for removing a President. The impeachment proceedings did not succeed in removing him, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t impeached.

And it wasn't "just" for a BJ either. I'm sure he got plenty more of those while in office from other women. He was the chief law enforcement officer of the country and he obstructed justice denying a woman her day in court. It just happened to have been a sexual harrassment suit. Hence the sexual topic.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Do you have reading comprehension issues? I was speculating. I clearly put the if in bold to illustrate that it was speculation. If the economy turns around. jeeezzzz
I don't see any "if" here:

This was the post I quoted.

memyselfI
09-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Yuck it up all you want, but if it happens you can count on 8 years of Obama.

Seriously?

If it happens you can bet the Democrats will not see the WH again for another ten years or longer. Why? Because it will take AT LEAST the rest of Lite's next term to straighten out the mess they create and then the next term to try to make what is left in the ruins work. Meanwhile, you will have businesses dumping their policies because the government safety net is there and the government will be overwhelmed with backlogs and paperwork and people's level of care will be severely impacted.

How can I predict this?

CASH FOR CLUNKERS.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 07:55 AM
CASH FOR CLUNKERS.

Refridgerators and/or appliances are going to be next!

patteeu
09-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Well, he sounds a lot like patteeu regarding Bush including denying we were in a recession. The economy was even "good."

I haven't seen Direckshun deny that we are in a recession. I don't recall denying that we were in a recession either, so in that sense we might sound a lot alike. Are you lying, BEP, or is there something behind your allegation? If so, I'd like to see it, because it's typical for you to make charges that can't withstand exposure to the facts.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 08:40 AM
I haven't seen Direckshun deny that we are in a recession. I don't recall denying that we were in a recession either, so in that sense we might sound a lot alike. Are you lying, BEP, or is there something behind your allegation? If so, I'd like to see it, because it's typical for you to make charges that can't withstand exposure to the facts.

What part of the word "including" do you not understand? You were in denial about several things on Bush.

I was responding to pete's post:

Oh, no I remember you're denying there was a recession around 2007, before the 2008 Fall crisis, when the recession was beginning. You were arguing with the lefties. Ayup!

orange
09-01-2009, 08:43 AM
It's obvious none of you have actually READ the poll.

Here's the highlight: "UTICA, New York - President Barack Obama's job approval rating is down to 42%, with a decline in approval from Democrats the leading factor."

And the takeaway: "Pollster John Zogby: President Obama is now firmly between a rock and a hard place. Democrats want a strong healthcare reform bill with a public option. Republicans and more conservative Democrats do not agree. If Obama fails to get a bill that his base supporters want, the entire Democratic Party risks alienating them; especially 18-29-year-old First GlobalsTM, who could very quickly become disenchanted with politics. Obama needs to enter the fray in a very public way, which may mean knocking heads with both wings of his own party."

Obama needs to do what he promised to the people who voted for him.

It's just that simple.

Donger
09-01-2009, 08:46 AM
It's obvious none of you have actually READ the poll.

Here's the highlight: "UTICA, New York - President Barack Obama's job approval rating is down to 42%, with a decline in approval from Democrats the leading factor."

And the takeaway: "Pollster John Zogby: President Obama is now firmly between a rock and a hard place. Democrats want a strong healthcare reform bill with a public option. Republicans and more conservative Democrats do not agree. If Obama fails to get a bill that his base supporters want, the entire Democratic Party risks alienating them; especially 18-29-year-old First GlobalsTM, who could very quickly become disenchanted with politics. Obama needs to enter the fray in a very public way, which may mean knocking heads with both wings of his own party."

It's just that simple.

Even more awesome.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 08:50 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4339599&highlight=recession+economy#post4339599
Response to UP:
11-01-07 "Our economy has grown by over 34% during his presidency despite the near recession he inherited and the setback of the 9/11 attacks"- patteeu

The BIG ONE-Response to Big Red
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3783737&highlight=recession+economy#post3783737

12-15-07

"No offense intended, but I just don't get where you come up with the idea that the economy is in bad shape. ...
Nothing is killing us economically. Economically, we are in fine shape..."

You don't use the word "recession" just like Obama's HC bill doesn't mention "death panels" but it's the same idea. Please don't spin the later comments in your post about "future problems" because the economy was not doing well on those dates either....just like Laffer and other guys who were making the same claims at the same time and dissing those saying otherwise at that same time, when just around the corner it could not be hidden anymore with spin.

You were a partisan denier much like Direckshun is on Obama. Just on a different side. Many of the Republicans are not a valid alternative.

JonesCrusher
09-01-2009, 08:54 AM
And it wasn't "just" for a BJ either. I'm sure he got plenty more of those while in office from other women. He was the chief law enforcement officer of the country and he obstructed justice denying a woman her day in court. It just happened to have been a sexual harrassment suit. Hence the sexual topic.

Exactly, people always say it was just a BJ, the guy liked to whip it out and say "so how bad do you want to keep your job" If this was anyone else the libbers would be protesting rather than hailing him as the greatest President for women ever. BTW he did nothing in office other than being in during the internet boom.

JonesCrusher
09-01-2009, 08:57 AM

It's just that simple.

He promised feelings, hope,change, puppy dogs and rainbows. Good luck with those promises

patteeu
09-01-2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4339599&highlight=recession+economy#post4339599
Response to UP:
11-01-07 "Our economy has grown by over 34% during his presidency despite the near recession he inherited and the setback of the 9/11 attacks"- patteeu

The BIG ONE-Response to Big Red
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3783737&highlight=recession+economy#post3783737

12-15-07

"No offense intended, but I just don't get where you come up with the idea that the economy is in bad shape. ...
Nothing is killing us economically. Economically, we are in fine shape..."

You don't use the word "recession" just like Obama's HC bill doesn't mention "death panels" but it's the same idea. Please don't spin the later comments in your post about "future problems" because the economy was not doing well on those dates either....just like Laffer and other guys who were making the same claims at the same time and dissing those saying otherwise at that same time, when just around the corner it could not be hidden anymore with spin.

You were a partisan denier much like Direckshun is on Obama. Just on a different side. Many of the Republicans are not a valid alternative.

I knew you weren't telling the truth. Not only did I not use the word recession, WE WEREN'T IN A RECESSION THEN. Your allegations are almost always wrong.

orange
09-01-2009, 09:08 AM
He promised feelings, hope,change, puppy dogs and rainbows. Good luck with those promises

He promised universal health care with a public option.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 09:09 AM
I knew you weren't telling the truth. Not only did I not use the word recession, WE WEREN'T IN A RECESSION THEN. Your allegations are almost always wrong.

But we were. That's what you were denying back then....and that's based on how average folks were feeling it not based on some arbitrary phenomena set by some Keynesian or govt economist. Never do things looks so good just before a fall.

Further, the Bush economy aka the Greenspan/Bernanke economy was just as artificial a boom as the Clinton one was.

You're refuting using the word "recession" is a meaningless distinction. It's nit picking language of a lawyer. You don't have to use it.

So I'll use your argument momentarily, we weren't in a recession but the economy was not really doing fine, as you claimed. We were getting killed economically and the right economists were calling it that. This would rear it's head just after the end of that year and continue downward to the crisis by Sept 08.

You were in denial and still are.

patteeu
09-01-2009, 09:15 AM
But we were. That's what you were denying back then....and that's based on how average folks were feeling it not based on some arbitrary phenomena set by some Keynesian or govt economist. Never do things looks so good just before a fall.

Further, the Bush economy aka the Greenspan/Bernanke economy was just as artificial a boom as the Clinton one was.

You're refuting using the word "recession" is a meaningless distinction. It's nit picking language of a lawyer. You don't have to use it.

So I'll use your argument momentarily, we weren't in a recession but the economy was not really doing fine, as you claimed. We were getting killed economically and the right economists were calling it that. This would rear it's head just after the end of that year and continue downward to the crisis by Sept 08.

You were in denial and still are.

No. We weren't. I'd say that you're lying but you've already shown that you don't really understand what the word "recession" means so you probably really believe what you're saying. The recession started in December 2007 and we only know that in retrospect. Both of those posts were made BEFORE December 2007 and well before there was statistical evidence of a recession.

In any event, it's clear that your allegation was wrong, as usual. Once again, you've been done in by the facts.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Video of 2006-07:

Did you hear that, whether the recession started in 2007 or 2008 is immaterial:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2I0QN-FYkpw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2I0QN-FYkpw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 09:17 AM
In any event, it's clear that your allegation was wrong, as usual. Once again, you've been done in by the facts.

:LOL: Wow you even believe your own lies. Truly a case of denial.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 09:26 AM
No. We weren't. I'd say that you're lying but you've already shown that you don't really understand what the word "recession" means so you probably really believe what you're saying. The recession started in December 2007 and we only know that in retrospect. Both of those posts were made BEFORE December 2007 and well before there was statistical evidence of a recession.

Recession is a bogus term and what constitutes it is merely an agreed upon reality by certain economists. It's doesn't have as much weight as you place on it. FACT is you thought the economy was humming along and think there's some clear cut date that it stops doing well. It doesn't really work like that, the forces are at work before then.

The fact that you need statistical evidence set by the opinion by "certain designated" group of men to tell you when the economy is not doing well when it clearly can be seen from one's experiences and observations tells me that you need a CPI card to tell you prices rose at the supermarket.

For instance, my school where I worked had a severe enrollment drop even as early as late 2006 with layoffs. That was another warning signal in the market. It was starting.

You got owned here when I produced your posts from 2007, I hit a nerve with it.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sMdF1CiQAkA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sMdF1CiQAkA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

patteeu
09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Give it up, BEP. You lost based on your own evidence.

You falsely claimed that I denied we were in a recession when I've done no such thing. Now you're trying to wiggle out of it by pretending that "recession" really doesn't mean recession and that my pre-recession optimism amounts to a denial of a recession that hadn't even started yet. It's kind of pathetic. Your best play would be to just apologize and move on, but I understand that self-immolation is more your style.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
It's okay pat. I understand denial is a coping mechanism.

Symptoms

After the initial shock has worn off, the next stage is usually one of classic denial, where they pretend that the news has not been given. They effectively close their eyes to any evidence and pretend that nothing has happened.

Typically, they will continue their life as if nothing has happened. In the workplace, they will carry on doing their job even if that job is no longer required. [continues to argue endless for pages even when the argument is over]

A classic behavior here is a 'flight into health', where previously-perceived problems are suddenly seen as having miraculously fixed themselves.

Treatment
You can move a person out of denial by deliberately provoking them to anger. [ I did that already.] Hold up the future (sympathetically) so they cannot avoid or deny it. Tell them that it is not fair. Show anger yourself (thus legitimizing that they get angry).

This, to some extent, is done on daytime TV shows where people in precarious situations are prodded into emotional explosions that make good TV and (where sympathetically done) may even be good for them.

See also
Coping Mechanisms[

RINGLEADER
09-01-2009, 11:49 AM

He's not going to get anything unless the Dems decide it's in their best interest to destory their short-term political future for a long-term power grab. Which might be a smart thing for them to do politically.

But to say that he's ticking just find with passage of a public option is borderline delusional. Those against Obamacare are much more energized then those who support it. If you scratch the surface of the polls the number who are strong in favor of Obamacare is something like 20% while those strongly against are 40%+. Could time temper both? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it if I was the Dem leadership.

If this can be dragged out until next year it is dead. And the same can likely be said for Cap-and-Trade.

RINGLEADER
09-01-2009, 11:52 AM

If the economy turns around it will be in spite of Obama/Obamacare, not because of it. But your point is actually well taken provided both events occur. Not sure he becomes the next Ronald Reagan but an expansion in economic growth would be nice -- even if his policies won't be responsible for them.

RINGLEADER
09-01-2009, 11:59 AM
He promised universal health care with a public option.

Yeah, well he also promised to work towards a world free of nuclear weapons. Good luck with all that...

HemiEd
09-01-2009, 12:09 PM
He gets a public option health care reform bill passed and the economy turns around, it's Ronald Reagan in 1981-1982 all over again. .

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: OMG, are you kidding?

Reagan didn't mortage the next 4 generations future to stop inflation. Obama is dumping gasoline on the inevitable inflation fire storm.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 12:47 PM
If this can be dragged out until next year it is dead. And the same can likely be said for Cap-and-Trade.

I read Boxer said no HC bill before Dec. Good to hear on Cap n' Trade too.

mlyonsd
09-01-2009, 12:50 PM

I really think cap and trade is dead.

Saul Good
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
LimbObama

KILLER_CLOWN
09-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I really think cap and trade is dead.

Pelosi and Reid will hold an emergency session on december 25th to pass both on 2-0 counts.

Bwana
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I bet he dips below 20% by the time they boot his sorry ass off the hill in 3 1/2 years.

RNR
09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I bet he dips below 20% by the time they boot his sorry ass off the hill in 3 1/2 years.

Jimmy Carter is laughing his ass off knowing he is getting bumped up a rung on the all time failure list

Bwana
09-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Jimmy Carter is laughing his ass off knowing he is getting bumped up a rung on the all time failure list

By the time it is all said and done, Jimmy will look like one of the all time greats next to old B.O.

RNR
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM

He wrote checks with his mouth his ass can not cash and some he never intended to

***SPRAYER
09-27-2009, 08:37 AM
If you take out the Black demographic, B.O.'s approval rating is probably somewhere around 13%.

BigRedChief
09-27-2009, 09:33 AM
If you take out the Black demographic, B.O.'s approval rating is probably somewhere around 13%.yeah, right.....

President Obama Job Approval

<TABLE class=data><TBODY><TR><TH class=noCenter>Poll</TH><TH>Date</TH><TH>Sample</TH><TH>Approve </TH><TH>Disapprove </TH><TH class=spread>Spread</TH></TR><TR class=rcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>RCP Average</TD><TD>9/12 - 9/26</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>52.2</TD><TD>41.0</TD><TD class=spread>+11.2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=noCenter>Rasmussen Reports (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/obama_approval_index_history)</TD><TD>09/24 - 09/26</TD><TD>1500 LV</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>51</TD><TD class=spread>-3</TD></TR><TR class=alt><TD class=noCenter>Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx)</TD><TD>09/23 - 09/25</TD><TD>1547 A</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>41</TD><TD class=spread>+11</TD></TR><TR><TD class=noCenter>CBS News/NY Times (http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_health_care_092409.pdf?tag=contentMain;contentBody)</TD><TD>09/19 - 09/23</TD><TD>1042 A</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>33</TD><TD class=spread>+23</TD></TR><TR class=alt><TD class=noCenter>NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl (http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/NBC_WSJ_Poll_090922.pdf)</TD><TD>09/17 - 09/20</TD><TD>1005 A</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>41</TD><TD class=spread>+10</TD></TR><TR><TD class=noCenter>FOX News (http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/091709_poll.pdf)</TD><TD>09/15 - 09/16</TD><TD>900 RV</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>39</TD><TD class=spread>+15</TD></TR><TR class=alt><TD class=noCenter>Democracy Corps (D) (http://www.democracycorps.com/wp-content/files/dc10091609fq11web2.pdf)</TD><TD>09/12 - 09/16</TD><TD>1200 RV</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>41</TD><TD class=spread>+11</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HonestChieffan
09-27-2009, 09:47 AM
If you count his UN Support he owns the world.

at least the non christian/non jewish parts.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 08:16 AM
yeah, right.....

President Obama Job Approval

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 30% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President.

wild1
09-28-2009, 08:20 AM
This state is DEEP blue, and there's a poll in the paper today showing his rating is down to just 51%. (here in the state)

patteeu
09-28-2009, 08:27 AM
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 30% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President.

Where do these people come from? 30% strongly approve? Wow.

wild1
09-28-2009, 08:30 AM

He could throw some kittens in a blender and the people who comprise that 30% would still deliriously cheer as if he were the Pharaoh.

***SPRAYER
09-28-2009, 08:30 AM

Like I said, half of that are blacks who are monolithically still behind him. I don't think it's a racial thing though, I just think they agree with all of his policies. :rolleyes:

The other 15% are moonbats and college kids.

BucEyedPea
09-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Kinda like the 30% that stood behind Bush. I think it was a sheep thing ( believers in Noble lies) with 15% being actual Noble Liars. Heh! Heh!

BigRedChief
10-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Don't tell Limbaugh and Beck:
AP Poll says its back up to 56% approval, only 39% disapproval.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_AP_POLL?SITE=TNMEM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

StcChief
10-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Like I said, half of that are blacks who are monolithically still behind him. I don't think it's a racial thing though, I just think they agree with all of his policies. :rolleyes:

The other 15% are moonbats and college kids.buyer's remorse takes time...and 9-10 months isn't long enough:rolleyes:

community organizer moves like fly to IOC was pure genius. especially when you wanted to Boycott only a year earlier. Clueless fool.

Pioli Zombie
10-07-2009, 05:17 AM
NOBODY only looks at just the "Strongly Approve". What's the figure if you add the "Approve" number you misleading dipshit artist?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
10-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Interesting. I just went on Rasmussen myself. If you actually read further Obamas approval is at 51. The Righties who like Rasmussen because he's on Fox all the time like to focus on the meaningless "Strongly Approve" category because its of course lower. Morons. And for the most part strongly approve will more often be lower than strongly disaprove because people tend to be more passionate when they are against something than when they are for it. Exceptions are right after events such as 9/11 or right after a President first takes office. It would be nice if people wouldn't slant information to fit their agendas.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Don't tell Limbaugh and Beck:
AP Poll says its back up to 56% approval, only 39% disapproval.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_AP_POLL?SITE=TNMEM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
More bad news for the right.....support is rising and opposition is declining in support of health care reform...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_bi_ge/us_ap_poll_health_care

AP Poll: Health care overhaul has a pulse

<CITE class=vcard>By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR and TREVOR TOMPSON, Associated Press Writers Ricardo Alonso-zaldivar And Trevor Tompson, Associated Press Writers </CITE><ABBR class=recenttimedate title=2009-10-07T07:34:07-0700>19 mins ago</ABBR>
<!-- end .byline -->
WASHINGTON – The fever has broken. The patient is out of intensive care. But if you're President Barack Obama, you can't stop pacing the waiting room. Health care overhaul is still in guarded condition.
The latest Associated Press-GfK poll has found that opposition to Obama's health care remake dropped dramatically in just a matter of weeks. Still, Americans remain divided over complex legislation that Democrats are advancing in Congress.
The public is split 40-40 on supporting or opposing the health care legislation, the poll found. An even split is welcome news for Democrats, a sharp improvement from September, when 49 percent of Americans said they opposed the congressional proposals and just 34 percent supported them.
Anger about health care boiled over during August. Lawmakers returning home for town hall meetings faced outcries that the government was trying to take over the system, ushering in higher costs, lower quality — even rationing and euthanasia.
"It's very significant that there's an upturn in support for the plans because after August there was a sense that the whole effort was beginning to decline and would not come back in terms of public support," said Robert Blendon, a Harvard professor who tracks public opinion on health care.
"Even with this," added Blendon, "the country is still divided over whether or not moving ahead is the right thing to do."
Behind the shift seems to be a growing determination among Democrats that going forward would be better. Meanwhile, political independents don't appear as alarmed about the congressional proposals as they were just a few weeks ago. Still, opponents remain more passionate in their convictions than do supporters.
In a significant change, opposition among older Americans dropped 16 percentage points. Seniors have been concerned that Congress would stick them with the bill by cutting Medicare to pay for covering the uninsured. Among the most reliable voters, they were much more wary of the changes than the public as a whole. The gap has narrowed.
The poll found that 68 percent of Democrats support the congressional plans, up from 57 percent in early September. Opposition among independents plunged from 51 percent to 36 percent. However, only 29 percent of independents currently support the plans in Congress.
Among seniors, opposition fell from 59 percent in September to 43 percent now. Almost four in 10, 38 percent, now support it, compared with 31 percent in September.
Retiree Sandi Murray, 65, of Hesperia, Mich., said she doesn't have any concerns her Medicare coverage will suffer. "I think it will be A-OK," she said.
Murray said she thinks it's time to address the problems of nearly 50 million people without coverage. "We need to do something so that everybody has some amount of coverage for some reasonable amount of money," she said.
Republicans remain solidly against the congressional health care plans, with four out of five opposed. However, even 13 percent say they support the bills in Congress, a contrast with the mood of GOP lawmakers, who are all but unanimously opposed.
Americans overwhelmingly say it's important that health care legislation have the support of both parties, but Democrats are showing signs of impatience. Fifty-seven percent say Obama and the Democrats should pass a bill this year even if they are unable to win support from Republicans.
Blendon credits Obama's speech to Congress in early September and his blitz of media interviews and appearances since then for moving public opinion toward the positive column. What some have criticized as presidential hyperactivity, many Americans took as a sign that the president was taking ownership of the issue, Blendon said.
Before his prime-time speech to Congress, 52 percent disapproved of Obama's handling of health care. Now the public is split, with 48 percent approving and 47 percent disapproving.
"Getting more directly involved in the outcome is what people expect a president to be doing," said Blendon.

There's still deep skepticism that the government can fix the health care system to expand coverage and tamp down rising costs.
Andrew Newcomb, 28, who works in sales and lives near Destin, Fla., said he doesn't think taxpayers should have to take on the costs of covering the uninsured.
"I don't want my tax money to pay for some pill-popper to fake some injury and go to the hospital when I don't ever go to the hospital," said Newcomb, adding he can afford to go to the doctor and pay $60 for a checkup.
The congressional bills would require all Americans to get health insurance, either through an employer, through a government program or on their own. Tax credits would be offered for many of those who buy their own coverage but failure to comply could result in a fine.
"I don't think that the government should supply health care to the people," said Newcomb. The AP-GfK poll was conducted Oct. 1-5, based on a nationally representative sample of 1,003 adults age 18 or older, contacted by telephone on land lines and cell phones. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3.1 percentage points for results based on the entire sample.

patteeu
10-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm sure that approval number can be driven back down.

patteeu
10-07-2009, 08:59 AM
More bad news for the right.....support is rising and opposition is declining in support of health care reform...

Why do you say this is bad news for the right? For a guy who claims to oppose this healthcare reform, you sure seem positive about this development.

BigRedChief
10-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Why do you say this is bad news for the right? For a guy who claims to oppose this healthcare reform, you sure seem positive about this development.just poking chitsprayer with a stick. The dude thinks the american public was coming around to his way of thinking. He needs to make up to reality.

I'm all for health care reform, just not a goverment run program. And I'm really pissed off if that friggin bacus plan stays as advertised. Seems like a windfall for insurance companies, bordering on corporate welfare. Defintely not reform.

Radar Chief
10-07-2009, 09:08 AM
just poking chitsprayer with a stick. The dude thinks the american public was coming around to his way of thinking. He needs to make up to reality.

Why, were they dating or something?
I hadn’t noticed.

***SPRAYER
10-07-2009, 09:08 AM
just poking chitsprayer with a stick. The dude thinks the american public was coming around to his way of thinking.

Anybody who didn't already know, is starting to find out the emporer has no clothes. People like you continue to pretend otherwise. It's sad, really.

wild1
10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Where's the questions that were asked? They can always pump up the numbers by asking more generic questions, like whether you support "reform", without asking any specifics.

I see they used the "50 million" number that includes illegals. Why not then ask if people support the system servicing illegals free of charge?

The public does not support the collectivist plans, and the more they learn about them the stronger that feeling becomes - hence the attempts to ramrod it through without examination, resistance to posting the bill online, etc.

***SPRAYER
10-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Where's the questions that were asked? They can always pump up the numbers by asking more generic questions, like whether you support "reform", without asking any specifics.

Exactly.

Reform does not equal public option.

BigRedChief
10-07-2009, 09:14 AM

I see they used the "50 million" number that includes illegals. Why not then ask if people support the system servicing illegals free of charge?

The public does not support the collectivist plans, and the more they learn about them the stronger that feeling becomes - hence the attempts to ramrod it through without examination, resistance to posting the bill online, etc.
It's an AP scientific poll. You think AP is biased?

BigRedChief
10-07-2009, 09:15 AM
On this we can agree.

***SPRAYER
10-07-2009, 09:15 AM
It's an AP scientific poll. You think AP is biased?

Where is a list of the questions?

BigRedChief
10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Where is a list of the questions?how in the hell would I know. find em yourself if your so interested. It's just one friggin poll. There will be many more released soon. Either there is a trend or not will be clear.

Mr. Kotter
10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Exactly.

The ballerina rose gracefully en
Pointe and extended one slender
leg behind her, like a dog at a fire
hydrant.

***SPRAYER
10-07-2009, 09:18 AM
On this we can agree.

So why do you continue to shill for B.O.? The man is obsessed with forcing a public option on all of us. Then he lies about it.

wild1
10-07-2009, 09:18 AM
You think AP is biased?

Is this a trick question?

wild1
10-07-2009, 09:19 AM
how in the hell would I know. find em yourself if your so interested. It's just one friggin poll. There will be many more released soon. Either there is a trend or not will be clear.

You came in here trumpeting it as a gotcha, but you don't even know what questions the people were answering.

Organizations like the AP and the rest of the old media poll to MAKE news. They run a poll, get the result they wanted to write about, and then write a story about it. The poll is the news. They manufacture news.

Direckshun
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Not for nothing, but I thought it'd be pertinent to mention in a thread based off a bogus poll, it's worth pointing out that this approval rating in legitimate polls are spiking upward. I read 56% this morning.

Not that I really give a shit. Just saying.

BigRedChief
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
You came in here trumpeting it as a gotcha, but you don't even know what questions the people were answering.
see post #73

Direckshun
10-07-2009, 09:21 AM

Organizations like the AP and the rest of the old media poll to MAKE news. They run a poll, get the result they wanted to write about, and then write a story about it. The poll is the news. They manufacture news.

Any media you'd like to single out as exceptions to that rule?

BigRedChief
10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
So why do you continue to shill for B.O.? The man is obsessed with forcing a public option on all of us. Then he lies about it.
just because I disagree with him on 4-5 issues doesn't mean I would have supported McCain/Palin. Palin, one hearbeat away from the Presidency, Really...Really....ROFL

Direckshun
10-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Palin, one 72-year-old hearbeat away from the Presidency, Really...Really....ROFL

FYP

***SPRAYER
10-07-2009, 09:32 AM
The ballerina rose gracefully en
Pointe and extended one slender
leg behind her, like a dog at a fire
hydrant.

The passion play gets underway, spoils your insight.

***SPRAYER
10-07-2009, 09:33 AM
just because I disagree with him on 4-5 issues doesn't mean I would have supported McCain/Palin. Palin, one hearbeat away from the Presidency, Really...Really....ROFL

Nice strawman there.

RINGLEADER
10-07-2009, 09:42 AM

I can't stand Palin either. I don't get the fascination with her at all. Every time she speaks it reminds me of any small town mayor talking about world issues.

mlyonsd
10-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I can't stand Palin either. I don't get the fascination with her at all. Every time she speaks it reminds me of any small town mayor talking about world issues.

And that means she would have done worse than what we have so far?

***SPRAYER
10-08-2009, 07:09 AM
just poking chitsprayer with a stick. The dude thinks the american public was coming around to his way of thinking. He needs to make up to reality.

Riiiiiiiiight, because the AP simply reports the news, they don't engage in propaganda...

http://www.collinsreport.net/2009/10/08/bogus-ap-polled-45-unemployed-and-made-up-party-id-split-numbers-to-%e2%80%9cprove%e2%80%9d-obamacare-gains-support/

BigRedChief
10-08-2009, 07:15 AM
And that means she would have done worse than what we have so far?
It would have been a foreigh policy disaster. We'd probably already be at war with Iran. We would have ignited the cold war and be facing down each other over Georgia. Can't really say anything about economic policy because the only policy they had was cut taxes for the wealthy and business's.

dirk digler
10-08-2009, 07:15 AM

But you have no problem trumpeting Rasmussen polls who is a registered republican and slants all of his polls to the right.