PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Harry Reid (D-ickweed) Townhall...by invitation only

HonestChieffan
09-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Slimer from Nevada holds a townhall...with only friendlies. Love that! Every union member in LasVegas wants to keep old Harry in place cause the Gaming Industry has told all the room cleaners, maids and waiters to vote for Harry.

Here is a video report on a Town Hall Meeting held by Sen. Harry Reid at UNLV that was "by invitation only" - and the only people invited were supporters of ObamaCare, with a heavy union presence. When one man tried to get in who was against ObamaCare, he was told to get out. That confrontation is on this report. The man told those keeping him out, that Reid was supposed to be representing him, but he was told that he was not invited and that he should get out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3QRIZ34HcE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3QRIZ34HcE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JonesCrusher
09-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Wouldn't that just be a private meeting rather than town hall meeting.

These a-holes left an right are so used to the sheltered bubble they live in that their keepers will do anything to keep them from having to deal with reality.

Taco John
09-01-2009, 09:59 AM
It's just another positive sign that this reform is going to fail. If they don't have the spine to hold real town hall meetings, what makes anybody think they'll have the spine to unilaterally pass healthcare reform.

This thing looked pretty scary for a moment, but the thing we forgot was that it was Democrats doing the heavy lifting on this. We should have been assured that it would fail from the start.

BucEyedPea
09-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Wouldn't that just be a private meeting rather than town hall meeting.

Good point calling it what it really is. Or a coffee clache.

wild1
09-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Reid is in very serious re-election trouble in Nevada. He can't afford another ounce of negative press.

HonestChieffan
09-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Telling the local paper he hopes they go out of business was a classic.

Donger
09-01-2009, 11:28 AM
You don't speak.
You don't judge.
You can't leave.
You can't hurt me.
You're just here for me to use.

banyon
09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Looks like a page straight out of the GOP and Bush/Cheney book. Guess Reid and Pelosi learned it too well and the losers are the public.

blaise
09-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Looks like a page straight out of the GOP and Bush/Cheney book. Guess Reid and Pelosi learned it too well and the losers are the public.

Previous administration.

HonestChieffan
09-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Bush's fault.

wild1
09-01-2009, 12:24 PM

"Yeah, well Bush sucked"

banyon
09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Man you guys are some whiny f*cks. I blamed both.

At least they're not requiring "loyalty oaths" yet like Bush did.

I'm thinking you guys didn't whine this bad a couple of years ago when this was going on.

blaise
09-01-2009, 12:30 PM

Bush and Cheney made me do it

mikey23545
09-01-2009, 12:32 PM

You aren't even capable of recognizing what a tool you are...LMAO

banyon
09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Do you guys think I've been supporting Pelosi or Reid as some kind of great leaders?

If so, please produce an instance of such.

banyon
09-01-2009, 12:33 PM
You aren't even capable of recognizing what a tool you are...LMAO

Well, speaking of tools...

mlyonsd
09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Do you guys think I've been supporting Pelosi or Reid as some kind of great leaders?

If so, please produce an instance of such.

In your conversations with me you've stated your distaste for both Pelosi and Reid. The word I remember you using was "pathetic", although I don't have the exact post.

kcfanXIII
09-01-2009, 10:48 PM

by this line of logic we should be flying airliners into our enemies buildings.

:banghead:JUST:banghead:BECAUSE:banghead:BUSH:banghead:AND:banghead:CHENEY:banghead:DID:banghead:IT DOES:banghead:NOT:banghead:MAKE:banghead:IT:banghead:OK

dirk digler
09-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Where is the outrage from honestchieffan? I am sure he will be along sometime to denounce such outrageous acts because he is so honest. haha.

Senate Republicans may have found a way to keep public health care meetings at home from getting out of control: keep the public out.

On Monday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) will host a "Health Care Reform Forum" at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri.

"No, it's not open to the public," Jessica Salazar, who does media relations for Children's Mercy Hospital and Clinics, told HuffPost. The meeting, she said, will be attended by 75 invited guests.

dirk digler
09-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh Noes McCain and McConnell held another invite only health care meeting today full of supporters. What will honestchief ever do? He will probably go back to molesting his cows and sucking dick.

Together, McConnell and McCain – joined by other Republican senators – held campaign-style events at tightly controlled events in Missouri, North Carolina and Florida on Monday and Tuesday with Congress set to return next week. Missouri Sen. Kit Bond, Richard Burr of North Carolina and Mel Martinez of Florida hosted the discussions. The National Republican Senatorial Committee paid for travel-related expenses.

The Republican road show reached Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Fla., northwest of Miami, where an invitation-only crowd greeted them.

Bwana
09-02-2009, 06:32 AM
No big surprise. These guys have seen how these meetings are going and how pissed off a lot of people are. Max Bacus, Montana Senator, doesn't have the balls to hold one. He pulled an unannounced "pop in" to a fast food outfit last week, to meet the people. He and his aids took the time to call the paper and TV stations before that happened to get the shots. Word got out and people, pissed off people, started showing up and he and his staff bolted when the hard questions started rolling in. Most of these guys are totally useless and don't have a clue what "Joe average American" is thinking, or going through on a day to day basis.

banyon
09-02-2009, 08:24 AM
by this line of logic we should be flying airliners into our enemies buildings.

:banghead:JUST:banghead:BECAUSE:banghead:BUSH:banghead:AND:banghead:CHENEY:banghead:DID:banghead:IT DOES:banghead:NOT:banghead:MAKE:banghead:IT:banghead:OK

No, that's actually quite illogical.

dirk digler
09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
So has honestchieffan showed up and express outrage yet about his conservative friends having invitation only town-halls and meetings?

HonestChieffan
09-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Where is the outrage from honestchieffan? I am sure he will be along sometime to denounce such outrageous acts because he is so honest. haha.

Fund Raiser. Look that up.

HonestChieffan
09-02-2009, 02:04 PM
So has honestchieffan showed up and express outrage yet about his conservative friends having invitation only town-halls and meetings?

Dirk, your vacation was too short. You are far too stressed and all keyed up. Have a beer tonight.

Nice new avatar though.

dirk digler
09-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Fund Raiser. Look that up.

BS. The one at Childrens Mercy wasn't a fund raiser and either was the one Florida.

Why don't you be "honest" and say you are full of crap

wild1
09-02-2009, 02:29 PM

Reid has a lot more to answer for, between his comments that kennedy's death was going to help them, that opponents are evil, the dissent was all phony.

dirk digler
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Reid has a lot more to answer for, between his comments that kennedy's death was going to help them, that opponents are evil, the dissent was all phony.

I could care less about Harry Reid my whole problem is if you are going to call out Reid for having invitation only events then you need to apply it to the other side as well because they are having them all over the place. Otherwise you just come off as dishonest not "honest".

HonestChieffan
09-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Dirk...three republican senators were in KC for a fund raiser for goodness sakes. You think McCain has some other cool reason to come to KC and go to Childrens Mercy?

Have two beers you need some balance.

wild1
09-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I could care less about Harry Reid my whole problem is if you are going to call out Reid for having invitation only events then you need to apply it to the other side as well because they are having them all over the place. Otherwise you just come off as dishonest not "honest".

Reid is the one pushing this bill, he is the one with the explaining to do.

dirk digler
09-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Dirk...three republican senators were in KC for a fund raiser for goodness sakes. You think McCain has some other cool reason to come to KC and go to Childrens Mercy?

Have two beers you need some balance.

It was called the Health Care reform forum and it wasn't a fundraiser. Do you think Children's Mercy would allow a political fundraiser at their hospital and send some of their own people?

You are being dishonest not "honest". Mods can we get a name change to dishonestchieffan please?

Two leading U.S. Senate Republicans will be at a Hialeah hospital Tuesday, listening to South Florida healthcare leaders about what they want to see in a reform package out of Washington.

The event at Palmetto General will be led by Senators John McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential candidate, and Mitch McConnell, the party's leader in the Senate. It will be open to the press, but closed to the public. Unions are planning to protest outside.

Nick Simpson from the Senate Republican Conference said the event is one of a series. One was scheduled in Kansas City for Monday, then another in North Carolina before coming to South Florida.

``They're meeting with doctors, healthcare providers, small business leaders to get them involved in the healthcare discussion,'' said Simpson. The idea is to learn the thoughts of those ``outside the beltway.''

Oh I forgot to add the oops part.

dirk digler
09-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Reid is the one pushing this bill, he is the one with the explaining to do.

IMO they all have some explaining to do on both sides.

wild1
09-02-2009, 02:50 PM
IMO they all have some explaining to do on both sides.

You don't have to explain why you oppose the government taking over huge parts of the private sector. Reid and his ilk are proposing it, they have to explain why it's a good idea.

CHIEF4EVER
09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
LMAO