PDA

View Full Version : Football Oregon's Blount suspended for the entire season.......

John_Wayne
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
........ via ESPN text update.

Good. Thug got what he deserved. :mad:

Der Flöprer
09-04-2009, 03:49 PM
He would've preferred prosecution I think. Fuck him. He deserves it.

doomy3
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Thank GOD for those ESPN text updates.

Whew.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Mecca will be along shortly to tell us how this might actually raise his draft stock.

Der Flöprer
09-04-2009, 03:51 PM

Whew.

So it's roughly 8 games?

Molitoth
He did go a bit overboard, punching his own teamate, throwing a tempter tantrum, and going after fans.... although I think the Boise St. Player who came up and whacked him talking shit deserved that sock to the jaw. I'd say this is a fair punishment.

Mr. Krab
This thread isn't about 8 ............. WTF?!?!?!?

Woodrow Call

Whew.

LMAO

doomy3
09-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Mecca will be along shortly to tell us how this might actually raise his draft stock.

ROFL

Herbstreit (sp?) was on ESPN earlier saying he talked to several NFL people who said they didn't think he would get drafted now.

I would have started a thread about it, but ESPN didn't send me a text about it.

stevieray
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
must've been something he ate.

Der Flöprer
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
ROFL

Herbstreit (sp?) was on ESPN earlier saying he talked to several NFL people who said they didn't think he would get drafted now.

I would have started a thread about it, but ESPN didn't send me a text about it.

ROFL

Mr. Krab
09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
must've been something he ate.
very nice

ROFLROFL

Demonpenz
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
he's from austrilia goodaye mate

DrRyan
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Good riddance, he got what he deserved. Well, aside from putting the two of them in a storage crate and letting only one come out in the morning The Shield style.

The guy obviously has problems(and a history of them). I don't care how talented the guy is, I want him no where near a team I have an interest in.

Bwana
09-04-2009, 03:58 PM

ROFL Yeah, no kidding.

The idiot went from a big payday in the NFL, to shift manager at Mickey D's in one punch. Well played dipshit!

DeezNutz
09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
he's from austrilia goodaye mate

Australian for, "Good game."

Fruit Ninja
09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
eh, fair punishment. You do something stupid, you pay.

Alton deFlat
09-04-2009, 04:05 PM
ROFL

No crime's too whack, for the silver and black.

Buck
09-04-2009, 04:06 PM
I knew he would.

Sure-Oz
09-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I thought it was hilarious for the guy talking shit to get jacked, but it wasn't the right thing to do and now he has to pay for it

Frosty
09-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Ha ha at the Quacks.

Still, with as poorly as Blount played against the Broncos, they might be better off.

Demonpenz
09-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Australian for, "Good game."

fosters LMAO

Mecca
09-04-2009, 04:12 PM
ROFL

Kirk forgot the Bengals are still in the league.

Rudy lost the toss
09-04-2009, 04:16 PM
managed to rush for over 1000 yards in one season, yet failed to produce 1000 yards for a career

Frosty
09-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Since I don't get ESPN texts, was it UO that suspended him? Can he transfer to Montana State or something and finish out his Senior year?

kstater
09-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Since I don't get ESPN texts, was it UO that suspended him? Can he transfer to Montana State or something and finish out his Senior year?

Well, he'd lose this year's eligibility for playing last night, I doubt he'd get a hardship exemption.

POND_OF_RED
09-04-2009, 04:20 PM
-5 rushing yards in your senior season. Way to go out...

kstater
09-04-2009, 04:20 PM
-5 rushing yards in your senior season. Way to go out...

LMAO Perspective

Mecca
09-04-2009, 04:21 PM
At this point he's a Bengals draft pick, I'm not really sure he can do much to change that with being suspended for the year.

CoMoChief
09-04-2009, 04:21 PM
If Maurice Clarrett got drafted......this guy will get drafted too.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 04:23 PM
If Maurice Clarrett got drafted......this guy will get drafted too.

That's nothing..

A guy who punched out one of his coaches got drafted last year.

CrazyPhuD
09-04-2009, 04:38 PM
This should have been reported on the Ocho....

Bwana
09-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Montana state doesn't warm up to thugs. The University of Montana on the other hand, or Rocky Mountain college............

Frazod
09-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Helluva price to pay for one stupid mistake. Dude probably cost himself millions of dollars.

Oh well. Not my team, not my problem.

Stewie
09-04-2009, 04:57 PM
This thread isn't about 8 ............. WTF?!?!?!?

8 carries; -5 yards...

Frosty
09-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Montana state doesn't warm up to thugs. The University of Montana on the other hand, or Rocky Mountain college............

My apologies to the Bobcats.

Maybe I should have said Portland State. Jerry Glanville may have taken him.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Good.:thumb::clap:

Bwana
09-04-2009, 05:04 PM
My apologies to the Bobcats.

Maybe I should have said Portland State. Jerry Glanville may have taken him.

Heh, no worries arc, I'm sure Rocky Mountain would be all over him if they had the chance. They are notorious for bringing in every crack pimp, gang banger, and jail bird within 3500 miles.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2009, 05:06 PM
although I think the Boise St. Player who came up and whacked him talking shit deserved that sock to the jaw. :rolleyes:

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:07 PM
:rolleyes:

You can't really tell me that you don't realize if you talk mess it can result in being jacked in the face.

BWillie
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Who cares if he will get drafted or not - this isn't what this was about. The guy woulda got about 4 games if he wouldn't of tried to attack fans on the way out and showing complete disregard to his coaches and security who were trying to secure him.

Mr. Kotter
09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Bravo

JASONSAUTO
09-04-2009, 05:12 PM
You can't really tell me that you don't realize if you talk mess it can result in being jacked in the face.

yeah cuz that happens all the time after games:rolleyes: god youre a fucking moran

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
yeah cuz that happens all the time after games:rolleyes: god youre a fucking moran

It happens in life pretty frequently...I think it's funnier to see people get on their moral high horses cause some dude talking smack got punched in the head.

I'll say it: Byron Hout got what he deserved. He wants to trash talk and get all cocky after the game? He wants to walk around all brash and arrogant after a victory in which he contributed little to nothing? He earned that punch to the chin.

What Blount did was inexcusable. He's an athlete playing at a major Division-I college and he is a potential future NFL running back. He should be smarter than that. But to say that Hout was not in the wrong is foolish. Hout wouldn't have gotten knocked down if he would have just kept his mouth shut. He started it, and Blount ended it.

As for the Boise State fans, I don't know what they said to set off Blount, but I do know one thing: had he gotten a clean break at them, there would have been about five or six fans laid out before security had a chance to break it up. That's what bugs me about today's fans. They think that the barricade that separates the field from the stands is an impenetrable moat that allows for any and all forms of trash talk. They knew that if Blount charged the stands, he would have been made into a pariah by the media and they all would have come out of it looking like saints.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2009, 05:17 PM
You can't really tell me that you don't realize if you talk mess it can result in being jacked in the face.Only if I'm playing against a POS thug, I guess. Smack is part of the game.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Only if I'm playing against a POS thug, I guess. Smack is part of the game.

While I was in high school I watched a fight break out after a game...fun times.

And no one was considered a "thug" either.

Fairplay
09-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Be gentle posters.

Munky says he has a lot of friends who are duck fans.

kstater
09-04-2009, 05:22 PM
I never thought I'd see the day where a sucker punch is justifiable.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
No one is saying he shouldn't be suspended but to act like the guy who got punched did nothing at all is also not correct.

Blount is more in the wrong for getting physical but the other guy is also in the wrong.

reiko57
09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Only if I'm playing against a POS thug, I guess. Smack is part of the game.

exactly, how many times has someone talked shit and you didn't knock them out? only threats should be met with violence

but.. not everyones the same, nothing anyone does surprises me anymore

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 05:28 PM
It happens in life pretty frequently...I think it's funnier to see people get on their moral high horses cause some dude talking smack got punched in the head.

I'll say it: Byron Hout got what he deserved. He wants to trash talk and get all cocky after the game? He wants to walk around all brash and arrogant after a victory in which he contributed little to nothing? He earned that punch to the chin.

What Blount did was inexcusable. He's an athlete playing at a major Division-I college and he is a potential future NFL running back. He should be smarter than that. But to say that Hout was not in the wrong is foolish. Hout wouldn't have gotten knocked down if he would have just kept his mouth shut. He started it, and Blount ended it.

As for the Boise State fans, I don't know what they said to set off Blount, but I do know one thing: had he gotten a clean break at them, there would have been about five or six fans laid out before security had a chance to break it up. That's what bugs me about today's fans. They think that the barricade that separates the field from the stands is an impenetrable moat that allows for any and all forms of trash talk. They knew that if Blount charged the stands, he would have been made into a pariah by the media and they all would have come out of it looking like saints.

Dude. Why don't you post like this all the time? This post has complete sentences, punctuation, even decent grammar. There are good thoughts in there that are concise and well articulated.

This is a quality post.

Now. Did he deserve to get punched in the face? Yeah. Are the fans stupid? Yes. Is it part of the game? Unfortunately, but hundreds of other athletes deal with it without swinging. He deserves it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:30 PM
I can be quality when I desire but generally speaking on a message board I don't take the time to do it.

Oh and..

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/PAC%2010/blount_falcon_punch.gif

Fairplay
09-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Someone should c and p what the duck fans are posting on their site.

Buehler445
09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
I can be quality when I desire but generally speaking on a message board I don't take the time to do it.

Oh and..

Dude. Post better more. Half the time I have to read your posts 10 times just to figure out the different clauses. Some of them I give up on all together.

I appreciate your takes, but it would be a lot easier if I could read them.

And that gif is funny. I don't know why its making me laugh so hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Someone should c and p what the duck fans are posting on their site.

I'm sure there is alot of "kick him on the team" and "integrity of the university" type of posts, that's college fans.

Stewie
09-04-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm sure Hout was just returning the smack-talk favor. Lugnut was spouting off the week before the game, but when his game was ALL FAIL he got sore and threw a punch. Oh, then he ran away.

How is he suddenly an NFL running back? Not great production in the PAC and gained all of -5 yards against Boise State. That has an Al Davis pick written all over it.

Mecca
09-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm sure Hout was just returning the smack-talk favor. Lugnut was spouting off the week before the game, but when his game was ALL FAIL he got sore and threw a punch. Oh, then he ran away.

How is he suddenly an NFL running back? Not great production in the PAC and gained all of -5 yards against Boise State. That has an Al Davis pick written all over it.

He was always projected as a top 5 RB coming into the year, his size speed ratio is the best one.

That's how people get that he cost himself alot of money.

BigMeatballDave
09-04-2009, 05:43 PM
And that gif is funny. I don't know why its making me laugh so hard.
Posted via Mobile DeviceNot bad. The Rock' em Sock 'em in the other thread was funnier.

Fairplay
09-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I

LMAO

SDChief
09-04-2009, 05:44 PM
he has to control himself, but it's funny as hell. I bet the Idaho players get a talking to about trash talking after games. The guy that got hit is a douche for walking up and doing what he did. I think it's pretty cool to see his kind get what's coming to them. If I was the Idaho coach, I'd be just as unhappy with my player as the Oregon coach. There's no place for after game punches, but you have to be able to win with class too.

Frosty
09-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Not bad. The Rock' em Sock 'em in the other thread was funnier.

There was this one, too, but I didn't think it was as good as the Rock Em one.

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20090904/123176.gif

MikeMaslowski
09-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Can he switch schools and play with another team?

Tiger's Fan
09-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Can he switch schools and play with another team?

He kept his scholi, so unless they release him, I doubt it.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
He did go a bit overboard, punching his own teamate, throwing a tempter tantrum, and going after fans.... although I think the Boise St. Player who came up and whacked him talking shit deserved that sock to the jaw. I'd say this is a fair punishment.

I would agree if Blount hadn't talked smack all week and if the Boise State player hadn't merely brought up the 'a$$ whoopin' that Blount had run his mouth about all week.

sedated
09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
who the f**k cares?

JASONSAUTO
09-05-2009, 12:36 PM

ROFL and he also MAY have ran into that fan that knocked him the fuck out. do you really believe he would stand a chance against the whole fan section? and blount started the trash talking. the REAL funny thing is that you prove time and time again that you have no morals

JASONSAUTO
09-05-2009, 12:38 PM

Oh and..

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/PAC%2010/blount_falcon_punch.gif

FALCON PUNCH?ROFLi dont think i would call that anything but a sucker punch.

stevieray
09-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I find it amusing that everyone calls the NFL a business, but then rationalize behavior that would get you fired in the business world.

I also find it funny that some here are always claiming that people here take smack talk too seriously, then turn around and justify a sucker punch.

weak suace.

salame
09-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I think it's cool the coach let him keep him scholarship and wants him to practice with the team so he can still get drafted

JASONSAUTO
09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I find it amusing that everyone calls the NFL a business, but then rationalize behavior that would get you fired in the business world.

I also find it funny that some here are always claiming that people here take smack talk too seriously, then turn around and justify a sucker punch.

weak suace.

yep for sure

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2009, 01:49 PM
....had he gotten a clean break at them, there would have been about five or six fans laid out before security had a chance to break it up.

Blount could have gone in to the stands. What was stopping him? The guy is pretty much an idiot. And the moral relativity argument just doesn't wash Mecca. We live in such a correct society that if a black man freaks out in a situation, then the logical conclusion is somebody called him a N? Or that the crowd was at fault?

The measure of a man isn't what he acts like during good times. That's easy. It's a man's actions when times aren't so great, that really define a person. Blount failed miserably.

In Blount's defense, his life is not ruined. He got the appropriate punishment, is able to remain in school to get his education (love to see that academic record), and will get his chance to cash in. He may have lost a chance at a big payday right off the bat, but he'll still get a chance to make a great deal more money than the general public.