PDA

View Full Version : Royals Trey Hillman=MLB Genius

petegz28
09-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Well, like it matters but tonight Meche was scratched with a "tired shoulder" and Bannister came out the other day after 1 1/3 with shoulder fatigue. That is genius managment of our pitchers. Wonder why Meche hasn't done any good since his 132 pitch outing? Or the 120+ pitch outing the day after he was tested for a dead shoulder?

So tonight after a great spot start from Tejeda, Royals find themselves down 2-1 in the 9th, Bloomy pinch hits to lead off the inning and gets a single. Do we lay down the bunt? No. We hit into a DP, granted we got hosed on the call at 1st, nonetheless.

This is just a microcosm of why this guy needs to be shitcanned at the end of the season.

/vent off

Hog Farmer
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
And as I've said for the last 20 years. The Royals Suck, find another team!

KCrockaholic
09-04-2009, 09:28 PM
And as I've said for the last 20 years. The Royals Suck, find another team!

Hey! The Royals didnt suck 20 years ago. Only the last 15 or so :)

sedated
09-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I saw Farnsworth come in with 2 on base and I turned the game off.

WoodDraw
09-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Not only that, but he failed to bring Soria in for the 8th with one out and a pressure situation. That shit drives me crazy. Get out of that inning and 9 out of 10 pitchers can get you through the 9th. Always use your best pitcher in the highest leverage situations.

petegz28
09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Not only that, but he failed to bring Soria in for the 8th with one out and a pressure situation. That shit drives me crazy. Get out of that inning and 9 out of 10 pitchers can get you through the 9th. Always use your best pitcher in the highest leverage situations.

Doh...I forgot about that.

DeezNutz
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
The abuse of the pitchers is Moore's fault.

He is the one who advocated working them more and gave that directive to Hillman. Now, Trey needs to be fired, no doubt, but here's the percentage of blame:

85% DM
15% TH

With the understanding that Glass needs to continue to do more but has been "decent" for the last 3 years.

Ari Chi3fs
09-04-2009, 10:22 PM
The top 8th inning pitchers in baseball right now... there are 4 of them are AMAZING...

Jeremy Affeldt
JP Howell
Ramon Rameriz
Leo Nunez

Didn't Dayton trade them all away? Just sayin'

Royals Baseball!!
Well suck til' 2014!!

petegz28
09-04-2009, 10:38 PM
The abuse of the pitchers is Moore's fault.

He is the one who advocated working them more and gave that directive to Hillman. Now, Trey needs to be fired, no doubt, but here's the percentage of blame:

85% DM
15% TH

With the understanding that Glass needs to continue to do more but has been "decent" for the last 3 years.

I've not heard this before. You are blaming Moore for Hillman letting Meche throw over 110+ every game?

kc1977
09-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Look...I've got my own problems with both DM and TH, but pitch counts are way, way overrated.

DeezNutz
09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I've not heard this before. You are blaming Moore for Hillman letting Meche throw over 110+ every game?

He gave the directive to Hillman to increase the pitchers' workload. This came out in recent interviews with 810, and I believe Rany mentions it in his latest update.

DeezNutz
09-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Look...I've got my own problems with both DM and TH, but pitch counts are way, way overrated.

You're right that it's a more complicated argument than simply saying that pitching over 110 (or name your number) is bad. Lots of other variables.

But there's no question that it's also one strong indicator of potential problems and abuses.

tk13
09-04-2009, 11:05 PM
I actually think it's possible to extend pitchers into games if done correctly. I'm just not sure anybody knows how to do it effectively. I don't know what the answer is. Nolan Ryan is probably right, but it depends on the pitcher. I know the game has changed over the last 20 years but it is strange how offseason training and fitness is so much more advanced now and yet pitchers can't pitch nearly as much as guys did even a decade ago.

petegz28
09-05-2009, 05:48 AM
He gave the directive to Hillman to increase the pitchers' workload. This came out in recent interviews with 810, and I believe Rany mentions it in his latest update.

I haven't read Rany yet, but it sounds like he is covering for his boy Trey.

DeezNutz
09-05-2009, 06:46 AM
I haven't read Rany yet, but it sounds like he is covering for his boy Trey.

Rany is the one who called Trey "barnyard" stupid. The former has little belief in the latter's managerial ability.

All of this stems from Moore's own words in interviews. I guess one could argue that DM is covering for Trey, but, ultimately, it's the GM's job to protect the players on the roster. If he didn't like what the manager was doing, he could correct it.

Hillman needs to be replaced, but so does DM.

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 06:54 AM
I haven't watched the Royals for the last 3 years or so. They are dead to me. The Chiefs may be gut-wrenching to watch as the losses mount up, but at least it's only once a week, not every fucking day of the week.

ArrowheadMagic
09-05-2009, 06:57 AM
The Royals are still playing?

Braincase
09-05-2009, 08:50 AM
One reason to be positive. I taught a class yesterday morning, and had Kevin Crowe, Aaron Crowe's dad, in class. I asked him about the status of his son's contract negotiations, and he asked me not to post anything about it... but I have good reason to believe that a positive result is pending.