PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Was Dick Curl better than we thought?

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I have said before that the only way to judge a position coach is to look at what they players have been able to do on the field.

After watching the Chiefs/Rams game, it got me to thinking about Dick Curl.

#1) Croyle and Thigpen both looked much better last year. They were more accurate, they tended to go through more of their reads, and they seemed to make smarter decisions.

#2) Boller and Berlin both looked pretty solid last night. They were on target most of the time, they went through their reads better, and they made smarter decisions for the most part.

I know some of it is offense and the rest.... but NOTHING at all has lead me to believe that this staff is doing ANY better with the QB's than Dick Curl did.

And, on the surface, it certainly appears that Dick Curl did a better job than the current system.

Now, maybe it was just having a designated QB coach.

I am just pointing out that of the two teams the Rams seemed to have MUCH more efficient play at QB than the Chiefs did.

And, Boller and Berlin aren't known for setting the league on fire.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-05-2009, 12:33 PM
*runs to kitchen to pop some popcorn*

KC kid
09-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Someone has been drinking today

ChiefaRoo
09-05-2009, 12:34 PM
meh,,.. no.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 12:36 PM
no.. did you just really just think that, thats like asking the same thing about Hackett...

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 12:38 PM
no.. did you just really just think that, thats like asking the same thing about Hackett...

Well, I know Hackett was better than the fans ever gave him credit for....especially in developing QB's... just ask Rich Gannon.

keg in kc
09-05-2009, 12:38 PM
No.

BigMeatballDave
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Oh, Jesus. You should seriously remove 'Sensible' from your user name...

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, I know Hackett was better than the fans ever gave him credit for....especially in developing QB's... just ask Rich Gannon.

:eek:

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 12:40 PM
:eek:

Rich Gannon has said on many occasions, even after he moved on to the Raiders, that Paul Hackett was the guy that taught him the most about being a QB.

Reaper16
09-05-2009, 12:41 PM
RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHGGHHHHHHH

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Rich Gannon has said on many occasions, even after he moved on to the Raiders, that Paul Hackett was the guy that taught him the most about being a QB.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day... i cant defend Hackett... sorry...

CHENZ A!
09-05-2009, 12:42 PM
you're a dick curl

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 12:43 PM
you're a dick curl

Chenz! Did you make it out to football today...? (hijack)

shitgoose
09-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Kill Yourself

CHENZ A!
09-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Chenz! Did you make it out to football today...? (hijack)

Yeah, went out and played for a bit. It was a practice for a team that I am not on, and I did a little more spectating than I would like. But, I still got a decent run in, and it was fun when I was playing.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Yeah, went out and played for a bit. It was a practice for a team that I am not on, and I did a little more spectating than I would like. But, I still got a decent run in, and it was fun when I was playing.

Sweet, make sure you to watch for our get togethers this fall... (/Unhijack)

CHENZ A!
09-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Sweet, make sure you to watch for our get togethers this fall... (/Unhijack)

Will do!

Fish
09-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Dumbest fucking idea ever. Ever. In the history of stupid statements. Dick Curl is a plague. He's a demon. Evil incarnate. Please log off now.

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Someone has been drinking today

I have and I still disagree with this thread :) Someone has been smoking crack today?

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I have said before that the only way to judge a position coach is to look at what they players have been able to do on the field.

After watching the Chiefs/Rams game, it got me to thinking about Dick Curl.

#1) Croyle and Thigpen both looked much better last year. They were more accurate, they tended to go through more of their reads, and they seemed to make smarter decisions.

#2) Boller and Berlin both looked pretty solid last night. They were on target most of the time, they went through their reads better, and they made smarter decisions for the most part.

I know some of it is offense and the rest.... but NOTHING at all has lead me to believe that this staff is doing ANY better with the QB's than Dick Curl did.

And, on the surface, it certainly appears that Dick Curl did a better job than the current system.

Now, maybe it was just having a designated QB coach.

I am just pointing out that of the two teams the Rams seemed to have MUCH more efficient play at QB than the Chiefs did.

And, Boller and Berlin aren't known for setting the league on fire.

Bullshit. Croyle's "Randy Johnson Arm" may not be accurate, but he looks better now than last year, which goes to show you how bad he was last year. Thigpen ONLY looked better last year because we had a chicken-shit offense that had to adapt TO HIM. Fuck that. Thigpen can't adapt to the new way of doing things, so he sucks ass.

LaChapelle
09-05-2009, 12:54 PM
He's got a father's figure, WTF that means.

LaChapelle
09-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I miss the Herm years/IronicChiefsFanName

CoMoChief
09-05-2009, 12:55 PM
*runs to kitchen to pop some popcorn*

seriously ROFL ROFL

Fish
09-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Dick Fucking Curl would have pissed his Depends working for Todd Haley. No way he could have handled that confrontation without crying and dropping to the fetal position he taught so well to Huard...

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day... i cant defend Hackett... sorry...

Well, I should have qualified the statement by saying he is a good QB coach and a good developer of QB's.... I don't really want him as an OC.

But, most fans don't realize how good he was at working with QB's.

SDChief
09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
No, he was worse!

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I am still in shock that you are trying to defend, Dick and Paul in the same thread... this blows my mind... Herm, is that you...

SenselessChiefsFan
Dick ****ing Curl would have pissed his Depends working for Todd Haley. No way he could have handled that confrontation without crying and dropping to the fetal position he taught so well to Huard...

I didn't say he would be a good fit for this team now. I think his bad rap comes more from working for Herm than anything else.... well, that and having to be responsible for turning Thigpen into a legit QB.

carlos3652
Well, I should have qualified the statement by saying he is a good QB coach and a good developer of QB's.... I don't really want him as an OC.

But, most fans don't realize how good he was at working with QB's.

Makes more sense... but still... (thanks for clarifying though)

kstater
09-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Just think, (un)SensibleChiefFan is still not quite to KCJ levels yet.

Mr. Krab
09-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Maybe your not as sensible as we thought.

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I didn't say he would be a good fit for this team now. I think his bad rap comes more from working for Herm than anything else.... well, that and having to be responsible for turning Thigpen into a legit QB.

I'll give Gailey credit for that, not Curl.

EDIT* Thigpen is NOT A LEGIT QB.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Bullshit. Croyle's "Randy Johnson Arm" may not be accurate, but he looks better now than last year, which goes to show you how bad he was last year. Thigpen ONLY looked better last year because we had a chicken-shit offense that had to adapt TO HIM. **** that. Thigpen can't adapt to the new way of doing things, so he sucks ass.

Croyle looked much better last year during the preseason. Much better.

As far as Thigpen...... fair point.... but he should be progressing... not regressing.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I'll give Gailey credit for that, not Curl.

EDIT* Thigpen is NOT A LEGIT QB.

My point isn't so much that Dick Curl is this great QB coach... but just noting that NOTHING indicates that THIS staff is doing any better with the same two QB's.

Please note the difference.

SNR
09-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Die, dumbass

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 01:09 PM
My point isn't so much that Dick Curl is this great QB coach... but just noting that NOTHING indicates that THIS staff is doing any better with the same two QB's.

Please note the difference.

After 4 preseason games?

LaChapelle
09-05-2009, 01:09 PM
It's too bad Haley can't accomplish in two days what Curl did in two years. But then again...

Tribal Warfare
09-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm starting to believe SensibleChiefsfan is a dupe account, because noone is this fucking stupid

Mr. Krab
09-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Btw i do hope the Chiefs sign a QB coach ASAP, i don't want that stuff to fall through the cracks because Haley is just too dam busy.

Noss
09-05-2009, 01:12 PM
What the **** are you smoking?

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 01:12 PM

After a complete regime change, new playbook, no Gonzo .... uh, tell me what you expect out of two backups?

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 01:13 PM
It is funny, how the board gets so upset when I just merely point out a different point of view. Amazing how this incompetent coach actually has a job... and how the Qb's he was coaching look so much better than the ones that our staff is coaching.

I wasn't so much defending him as pointing out that the current staff appears to be doing worse with the QB's.

Again, it may just be that we don't have a guy that works one on one with the QB's full time. It may be the changes in offense and the QB's having to get used to it.

But, it's no better, and appears to be even worse.

I know not having TG has something to do with it too, but not when the second and third string guys are in there.

LaChapelle
09-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Wait a minute, the QB coach was fired.

Tribal Warfare
09-05-2009, 01:15 PM
It is funny, how the board gets so upset when I just merely point out a different point of view.

Hence, why I believe you are not serious because if anything that has any slight involvement of the prior coaching staff has to be a joke or a insult.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 01:17 PM
It is funny, how the board gets so upset when I just merely point out a different point of view. Amazing how this incompetent coach actually has a job... and how the Qb's he was coaching look so much better than the ones that our staff is coaching.

I wasn't so much defending him as pointing out that the current staff appears to be doing worse with the QB's.

Again, it may just be that we don't have a guy that works one on one with the QB's full time. It may be the changes in offense and the QB's having to get used to it.

But, it's no better, and appears to be even worse.

I know not having TG has something to do with it too, but not when the second and third string guys are in there.

I am not upset at what your pointing out, im upset that you point it out 4 preseason games in... if this was 2011, your post would have merit, even if it was Week 6 it would have a better chance surviving the "your and idiot" chants... but 4 preseason games in with all the variables that are in place.... cmon...

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 01:18 PM
After a complete regime change, new playbook, no Gonzo .... uh, tell me what you expect out of two backups?

Oddly, the playbook didn't change much until this week, supposedly.

TG makes an impact with the first string offense, but not the second and third.

I expected two backups, or at least one of them, to look like they could hit the broad side of a barn, I expected them to look smart, be able to move the chains.... oh, I expected them to look like the Rams backups, come to think of it.

Also, these same two backups, are the same exact players that I think looked better last year.

I was just offering up a different point of view.

It is funny, if Dick Curl were associated with any other staff, he wouldn't have nearly the stigma on him that he does.

Of course the fans thought that Mike McCarthy was a poor AB coach too.... fans often think they know a lot more than they do. And, a lot of stuff is impossible for us to know.

None of us know how good Curl was. All we can do is evaluate based on the QB play... and needless to say, a good player makes the position coach look tons better.

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Oddly, the playbook didn't change much until this week, supposedly.

TG makes an impact with the first string offense, but not the second and third.

I expected two backups, or at least one of them, to look like they could hit the broad side of a barn, I expected them to look smart, be able to move the chains.... oh, I expected them to look like the Rams backups, come to think of it.

Also, these same two backups, are the same exact players that I think looked better last year.

I was just offering up a different point of view.

It is funny, if Dick Curl were associated with any other staff, he wouldn't have nearly the stigma on him that he does.

Of course the fans thought that Mike McCarthy was a poor AB coach too.... fans often think they know a lot more than they do. And, a lot of stuff is impossible for us to know.

None of us know how good Curl was. All we can do is evaluate based on the QB play... and needless to say, a good player makes the position coach look tons better.

Please point out to me last year when this happened. This argument is getting exhausting ......

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes yes, i know, Thig-fucking-pen .... fuck that guy. He threw it to Tony G every fucking play.

kstater
http://www.southparkstuff.com/images/stories/characters/cartman/redrocket.gif

SenselessChiefsFan
I am not upset at what your pointing out, im upset that you point it out 4 preseason games in... if this was 2011, your post would have merit, even if it was Week 6 it would have a better chance surviving the "your and idiot" chants... but 4 preseason games in with all the variables that are in place.... cmon...

Fair point. But, I was excited about this coaching staff, and I am greatly dissapointed in how poorly the QB's have played.

Haley is an offensive guy, and I expected that side of the ball to take the biggest step forward.

So far, of the two sides of the ball, the defense looks better than the offense and the defense was much worse than the offense last year.

And, the BIGGEST reason is QB play.

I see Mark Sanchez looking like Peyton Manning up in NY. These are vanilla defenses. Good QB's should be carving this stuff up. Average QB's should at least look like they aren't clueless.

The big thing is that Brodie looked better last year, and he should be continuing to progress... not regress.

Scorp
09-05-2009, 01:24 PM
This thread made my Dick Curl!

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Fair point. But, I was excited about this coaching staff, and I am greatly dissapointed in how poorly the QB's have played.

Haley is an offensive guy, and I expected that side of the ball to take the biggest step forward.

So far, of the two sides of the ball, the defense looks better than the offense and the defense was much worse than the offense last year.

And, the BIGGEST reason is QB play.

I see Mark Sanchez looking like Peyton Manning up in NY. These are vanilla defenses. Good QB's should be carving this stuff up. Average QB's should at least look like they aren't clueless.

The big thing is that Brodie looked better last year, and he should be continuing to progress... not regress.

:eek: again, 4 PRE season games, after Croyle was OUT all last year... and im not sure of this, but did you compare Sanchez to Croyle and Thigpen, because they are not the same quality of QB's...

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Please point out to me last year when this happened. This argument is getting exhausting ......

In camp, and during the preseason, Brodie looked sharp... or at least 'sharper'.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Oh, and it should be stated... that I loved the fact that Haley had the Chiefs attacking downfield. It is nice to seem them take a couple shots downfield.... even when they are incomplete.

And, you all are right.... it has only been four preseason games.... I just expected more... and the more I watched, the more I was just disgusted with the QB play over the last four weeks.

I hope it gets better.

JuicesFlowing
09-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Our QB talent is the same as last season, except Cassel, who in all honest hasn't even really played much (except in Minnesota, and he played well IMO) ... I guess I keep forgetting how our backups lit up the scoreboard last year in preseason? You seem to think they did ... our Preseason last year was a fucking joke! Come on! It was terrible! No, it's not better this season, but it has a few bright spots, just a few ... didn't see any last year, that's all. Dick Curl is NOT the difference! Oh and by the way, did the QBs that Curl took over in STL improve? Show me stats of their improvement. You don't even know. I'm done with this argument. Thank you.

keg in kc
09-05-2009, 01:29 PM
In camp, and during the preseason, Brodie looked sharp... or at least 'sharper'.Croyle looked good earlier in the preseason. He was 12-18 for 145 yards week 1 against the Texans. I'm not sure what his deal was Thursday.

carlos3652
09-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Brock Berlin-QB- Rams Sep. 5 - 4:06 pm et

Rams waived QB Brock Berlin.

orange
09-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Yes yes, i know, Thig-****ing-pen .... **** that guy. He threw it to Tony G every ****ing play.

I'm late joining this "conversation," but I'm a little puzzled by this.

Isn't it the QB's JOB to throw the ball to someone who's going to catch it?

I know those Croyle throws 15 yards beyond a sprinting D. Bowe look a lot more dramatic, but they seem like a waste of a down to me.

Skip Towne
09-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Can I issue an infraction for stupidity?

Bwana
09-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Can I issue an infraction for stupidity?

I would sure as hell hope so.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Curl or Krumrie.

But Al Saunders, a pretty good football coach, thought highly enough of Curl to hire him.

And Pioli, a pretty good football guy, thought highly enough of Krumrie to keep him on the Chiefs.

But of course, anyone is an idiot for suggesting that maybe he's not the root of all evil.

KCChiefsMan
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bwana
09-05-2009, 03:04 PM
<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/lj3iNxZ8Dww&hl=en&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

LMAO

That clip never ever gets old.

BigRock
09-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Al Saunders, a pretty good football coach, thought highly enough of Curl to hire him.

Saunders isn't with the Rams anymore.

InChiefsHell
09-05-2009, 03:14 PM
If Croyle and Thigpen suddenly forgot how to go through their reads and progressions because they have a different QB coach, then they suck even more than I thought...

Ebolapox
09-05-2009, 03:19 PM
ya know, sensible, I remember hearing a song a long while back about how suicide is painless, and brings on many changes. maybe you could find out if it's true. kill yourself.

Chocolate Hog
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
People put way too much value in the 4th pre-season game.

DaneMcCloud
09-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Maybe your not as sensible as we thought.

I've always thought he was a fucking moron, which is why I have him on ignore.

Dave Lane
09-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Will do!

I'll be watching too..

Dave Lane
09-05-2009, 03:35 PM
ya know, sensible, I remember hearing a song a long while back about how suicide is painless, and brings on many changes. maybe you could find out if it's true. kill yourself.

How about this one instead ROFL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ITZBBV8Syg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-ITZBBV8Syg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dave Lane
09-05-2009, 03:37 PM
You know any day with a Sensible and a KCJ thread is is going to be comedy gold...

Calcountry
09-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Oh, Jesus. You should seriously remove 'Sensible' from your user name...lmao. This.

chiefzilla1501
09-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Saunders isn't with the Rams anymore.

Interesting. NFL.com still has him listed.

I'm just pointing out that an entirely different set of eyes thought he was good enough to coach their QBs. The majority of us have never actually seen him coach QBs. I just think it's sort of ridiculous to be so sure he's a horrible coach when nobody has ever actually seen him coach.

I don't think he did a great job with our QBs. But the Rams seem to disagree.

BigRock
09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Interesting. NFL.com still has him listed.

I'm just pointing out that an entirely different set of eyes thought he was good enough to coach their QBs. The majority of us have never actually seen him coach QBs. I just think it's sort of ridiculous to be so sure he's a horrible coach when nobody has ever actually seen him coach.

I don't think he did a great job with our QBs. But the Rams seem to disagree.

Saunders got axed when Spags went to St. Loius. There was a rumor about him going to Baltimore as some kind of consultant, but I'm not sure if it ever happened.

And I wouldn't read a lot into Curl going to St. Louis. He worked with Spags in NFL Europe. Just another buddy hire.

Count Zarth
01-19-2011, 08:19 PM
End of an era.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_000451f4-23fb-11e0-b219-00127992bc8b.html

Rams QB coach Dick Curl retires

The Rams added an offensive coordinator, but are now minus a quarterbacks coach. At a press conference Wednesday to formally announce the hiring of Josh McDaniels as the team's new offensive coordinator, coach Steve Spagnuolo said that assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Dick Curl is retiring.

That could open the door for McDaniels to bring in his brother Ben as quarterbacks coach. Ben McDaniels was the QB coach for Josh, his older brother, this season with the Denver Broncos

"I very much appreciate Dick's commitment to this team, the organization, and really his hand in the development of Sam Bradford this past year," Spagnuolo said.

Spagunolo said he has yet to talk with McDaniels about whether or not the team will add a quarterbacks coach.

"We haven't really had that discussion because this is fairly new," Spagnuolo said.

When asked if McDaniels might hire his brother, Spagnuolo replied: "We have not talked about that. When we sat down that was not an issue to talk about."

Spagnuolo said there's also a possibility that McDaniels could handle both the coordinator and quarterback coach duties.

Rams Fan
01-19-2011, 08:20 PM
End of an era.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_000451f4-23fb-11e0-b219-00127992bc8b.html

Rams QB coach Dick Curl retires

The Rams added an offensive coordinator, but are now minus a quarterbacks coach. At a press conference Wednesday to formally announce the hiring of Josh McDaniels as the team's new offensive coordinator, coach Steve Spagnuolo said that assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Dick Curl is retiring.

That could open the door for McDaniels to bring in his brother Ben as quarterbacks coach. Ben McDaniels was the QB coach for Josh, his older brother, this season with the Denver Broncos

"I very much appreciate Dick's commitment to this team, the organization, and really his hand in the development of Sam Bradford this past year," Spagnuolo said.

Spagunolo said he has yet to talk with McDaniels about whether or not the team will add a quarterbacks coach.

"We haven't really had that discussion because this is fairly new," Spagnuolo said.

When asked if McDaniels might hire his brother, Spagnuolo replied: "We have not talked about that. When we sat down that was not an issue to talk about."

Spagnuolo said there's also a possibility that McDaniels could handle both the coordinator and quarterback coach duties.

Repost(it's in the McDaniels thread). Anyways, I'm going to miss Curl. He helped Bradford develop.

CHENZ A!
01-19-2011, 08:24 PM
you're a dick curl

LMAO

Rams Fan
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
And now the Rams have to hire a new QB coach and name an Assistant Head Coach.

Count Zarth
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
I bet you see a huge leap up in Bradford's stats next year. Curl, IMO, coached his quarterbacks to check the ball down too much. It ruined Croyle and Bradford was 30th in YPA this year. I know he didn't have any receivers but...

Anyway, Curl never developed a single NFL QB.

Rams Fan
01-19-2011, 08:29 PM
I bet you see a huge leap up in Bradford's stats next year. Curl, IMO, coached his quarterbacks to check the ball down too much. It ruined Croyle and Bradford was 30th in YPA this year. I know he didn't have any receivers but...

Curl wasn't the damn OC. Blame Shurmur and Spags for that, not Curl. Bradford said that Curl helped him a lot.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
That's too bad. We've got a massive case of erectile dysfunction at the QB position that could use some "Curling".

Bowser
01-19-2011, 09:50 PM
That's too bad. We've got a massive case of erectile dysfunction at the QB position that could use some "Curling".

The last thing I want Cassel to do is grow a Huard.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
The last thing I want Cassel to do is grow a Huard.

ROFL

Rams Fan
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Could someone explain why people dislike or are mocking Curl?

InChiefsHell
01-20-2011, 05:11 AM

Because he is a former Chiefs coach from the Herm era...we are almost required to hate him...

Buehler445
01-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Its certainly possibe. I don't have a hard time believing Herm was THAT bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2011, 08:40 AM

Honestly...ignorance.

dallaschiefsfan
01-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Honestly...ignorance.

No. Bradford is that GOOD. Curl is terrible. Besides, Josh Mcduffus will render Curl a background character next year...muttering in some corner somewhere.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2011, 08:45 AM

You know very little about his coaching philosophy then. First, a QB coach is going to coach within whatever offensive system he is in.

Second, Dick Curl believed in the downfield passing attack. He was known as the mad bomber in NFL Europe because he wanted his QB's to go downfield more often.

Give Bradford's rookie season, I find it amazing that guys still don't give Curl at least a little benefit of the doubt. But, this IS Chiefs planet, so I just should be surprised anymore.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2011, 08:58 AM
No. Bradford is that GOOD. Curl is terrible. Besides, Josh Mcduffus will render Curl a background character next year...muttering in some corner somewhere.

Of course, because we've never seen a coach mess up good talent right? And, rookie QB's always do well, right? I mean, there are rarely ever any growing pains.

Does Thigpen look any better with a new coaching staff in Miami?

Does Croyle look any better in the last two years since Curl left?

Really, what evidence is there that the opinion that Curl is terrible is actually valid? Other than it is the popular opinion on Chiefs planet.

The same website that said Hali would never make it as a 3-4 OLB. The same website that declared Cassel to be the worst QB in the league, only to say he is a legit franchise QB, only to call him horrible again.

Other than popular opinion on this board, I can't find a true reason to bash Curl. I am sorry that it takes a little more than that for me.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Who the hell is Dick Curl?

Epic Fail 007
01-20-2011, 09:21 AM
yes,herm made him look bad.

SNR
01-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Could someone explain why people dislike or are mocking Curl?I agree. He's had a successful coaching career in football for years and is happily married. It's ridiculous how people can mock somebody just for being good at what they do.

By the way, his wife's name is Vagina Twist

Rams Fan
01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I agree. He's had a successful coaching career in football for years and is happily married. It's ridiculous how people can mock somebody just for being good at what they do.

By the way, his wife's name is Vagina Twist

Sarcasm isn't needed here.... I was being serious. He's only been in the NFL since 2000. Before that, he was in NFL Europe, college and high school football.

SNR
01-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Who's kidding around here? His wife's name is actually Vagina Twist.

InChiefsHell
01-20-2011, 10:42 AM

God, I love this place...

King_Chief_Fan
01-20-2011, 10:42 AM
cant really say if he is bad or good.
Being with Herm didn't help him any with Chiefs fans.
Rams fans seem to like him...:shrug:

orange
01-20-2011, 05:42 PM

When I knew her, she went by "Pussy."