PDA

View Full Version : MU ****Official Mizzou Season Thread****

ChiefsRoyalsMizzou
09-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Let's go kick some butt mizzou! :D

bowener
09-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Game here (http://www.justin.tv/sticktv_2010)

For the unfortunate souls such as myself.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=sticktv_2010" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="channel=sticktv_2010&auto_play=false&start_volume=25" /></object><a href="http://www.justin.tv/sticktv_2010" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from at StickTV.net on Justin.tv</a>

Mizzou_8541
09-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Blaine Gabbert = As Advertised

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Well, well, well. WHAT TIME IS NOW, MOTHERFUCKERS?!?!?

"Oh, I think this one could go either way".
- Everyone at 810.

FAIL.
DOUBLE-FAIL.
TRIPLE LINDY-FAIL.

Pitt Gorilla
09-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Blaine Gabbert = As AdvertisedEh, I heard he sucks and Mizzou will have a difficult time scoring points (per Nebraska fan).

Mizzou_8541
09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Eh, I heard he sucks and Mizzou will have a difficult time scoring points (per Nebraska fan).

And it is a rebuilding year.

Mizzou_8541
09-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Eh, I heard he sucks and Mizzou will have a difficult time scoring points (per Nebraska fan).

That's why Nebraska let him decommit....he sucks.

PastorMikH
09-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Either Illinois is REALLY, REALLY bad or MU is going to be a decent team again this year.

seclark
09-05-2009, 04:29 PM
i'm sitting in my hotel room just south of champaign, il. just walked back from the lounge...peacefully quiet, compared to what it was when i checked in.

mu looks pretty good to me.
sec

Sure-Oz
09-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Nice to see Maclin on the sidelines rooting the team on

Frazod
09-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Either Illinois is REALLY, REALLY bad or MU is going to be a decent team again this year.

I'm sure they're better than Northern Colorado.

bowener
09-05-2009, 04:38 PM
I think Ive been most excited by the deep ball threat we have now, compared to the arm Daniel had.

Also, I really look forward to the progression of Aldon Smith (out of Raytown). He looks like he is going to become a fucking beast DE.

seclark
09-05-2009, 04:41 PM
qb taking the knee.
sec

Mosbonian
09-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Nice to see that we seem to be reloading rather than rebuilding...

It might mean the last game of the season won't be the walkover some have predicted.

mmaddog

Sully
09-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I like the win, but have concerns.

Pass rush... None till the game was decided.
Ground game... Also none, outside of Gabbert, till late.
Kickoff... It just seemed to me they were always on the verge of breaking one.

I was impressed with the overall defense, though Illinois shot thselves in the face several times offensively without Mizzou's help.

And it seems the offense won't skip a beat, but I didn't think they would.

Frazod
09-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, best of luck to Illinois for the rest of the year. Every win they get makes us look that much better.

OmahaChief
09-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Great opening game against a non cupcake. The issues we have will hopefully be worked on the next few weeks and we will be ready for NU and give them another beatings they so richly deserve.

Demonpenz
09-05-2009, 04:49 PM
sweet win. nice to see them kicking ass

WoodDraw
09-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Great win; much better than I expected. Gabbert played great. Let's keep it going.

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
This program is for real.

seclark
09-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Great win; much better than I expected. Gabbert played great. Let's keep it going.

i think gabbert handled himself pretty well.
so did the defense.
sec

kepp
09-05-2009, 04:59 PM
I think Ive been most excited by the deep ball threat we have now, compared to the arm Daniel had.

Also, I really look forward to the progression of Aldon Smith (out of Raytown). He looks like he is going to become a ****ing beast DE.

I was VERY nice to see the receivers NOT have to slow down and wait for passes.

Saul Good
09-05-2009, 05:02 PM
I like the win, but have concerns.

Pass rush... None till the game was decided.
Ground game... Also none, outside of Gabbert, till late.
Kickoff... It just seemed to me they were always on the verge of breaking one.

I was impressed with the overall defense, though Illinois shot thselves in the face several times offensively without Mizzou's help.

And it seems the offense won't skip a beat, but I didn't think they would.

My favorite part was the defensive strategy. In college, unlike the NFL, letting teams dink and dunk down the field is a good plan. More often than not, a college team will make a mistake if you make them run 12+ plays to score. That's exactly what we saw today. It's giving up the big play that kills in college.

Tits McGee
09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Weatherspoon has some monster plays for the D.

beer bacon
09-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Weatherspoon has some monster plays for the D.

Aldon Smith was real good today too. He is going to be special.

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Once again, it's gonna' be a college football year for Chiefs fans. At least we've got that.

Pitt Gorilla
09-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Evidently, Blake McGabbertson played well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/09/05/gabbert-qbs/index.html

KChiefs1
09-05-2009, 06:20 PM
3 straight Big 12 North Championships?:clap:

Tits McGee
09-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Is Perry a Jr. or Soph? That kid can run...

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 06:25 PM
They look like a tougher, more physical team too.

And NO Heisman bullshit to create distractions this year.

Mizzou_8541
09-05-2009, 06:33 PM
3 straight Big 12 North Championships?:clap:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The o-line could have done better and we didn't get a ton a pressure on the QB (although we only rushed 4 most of the game).

Saul Good
09-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The o-line could have done better and we didn't get a ton a pressure on the QB (although we only rushed 4 most of the game).

This is true, but I will say that this game serves as notice that the road to the Big XII North goes through Columbia.

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 06:38 PM
The Llama just got tagged. Looks bad. No word yet of course.

KChiefs1
09-05-2009, 06:40 PM

I think they gameplanned to not really rush the QB today instead they were playing contain defense on the Juice.

Spott
09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Before this season I was worried about how Gabbert would play but it looks like this should be another season good enough to make me forget about how much the Chiefs are going to suck.

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Before this season I was worried about how Gabbert would play but it looks like this should be another season good enough to make me forget about how much the Chiefs are going to suck.

This.

Pitt Gorilla
09-05-2009, 09:37 PM
I was thinking about posting Whitlock's column on Gabbert, but it was just little too much for me.

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I was thinking about posting Whitlock's column on Gabbert, but it was just little too much for me.

Was it a "yay" or a "nay"?

Pitt Gorilla
09-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Was it a "yay" or a "nay"?Whitlock has a genuine love for Gabbert. It is a tad weird.

Here you go:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1427127.html

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Whitlock has a genuine love for Gabbert. It is a tad weird.

Here you go:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1427127.html

I'm scared now. That was...was...

Oh boy.:shake:

Frazod
09-05-2009, 10:02 PM
This.

THIS, plus the Cardinals. :thumb:

Frazod
09-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Holy shit. Whitlock has left Jeff George for Gabbert! :eek:

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Holy shit. Whitlock has left Jeff George for Gabbert! :eek:

And in the first round of the 2012 draft( to replace the Killed In Action Matt Cassel ), the Chiefs select...

LMAO

TrebMaxx
09-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Gabbert was impressive but I think the defense looked way better than what we have seen in the past few years. The term 'reload' comes to mind after watching this team.

Simply Red
09-05-2009, 10:28 PM
let's go, Tigers, let's go.

Raised On Riots
09-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Gabbert was impressive but I think the defense looked way better than what we have seen in the past few years. The term 'reload' comes to mind after watching this team.

The team as a whole looked much more focused. I attribute this to the distractions of the expectations at the beginning of last year no longer being present.
When you put a program at MU's current development on the cover of SI, and throw in a Heisman hunt, I think it's too much at that point. The only thing that did was help recruiting. Which is great of course, but it was also bad timing IMO.

Frazod
09-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Thank God Eberflus or whatever the hell his name is (might as well be Robinson as far as I'm concerned) is gone. Our defensive suckage last year was inexcusable.

I was telling an Illinois fan earlier in the week that I didn't think our defense would be worse even though we lost a ton of starters, simply because it couldn't get much worse period.

Nixhex
09-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Random thoughts

Witherspoon is a beast. Dude looked bigger, stronger and faster than he did last season. If I played on a team opposite of him I'd be scared. He will knock you the fuck out. The pass rush is worrisome. That LB from Overland Park #32 looked like he could develop into a nice player. Denario Alexander will become the stud I thought he would be this year. Gettis looks to have improved a ton. The secondary as a whole looked better. They were pitiful last season. Gabbert has a nice arm and can run very effectively when needed. QB sneak plays are automatic with him. The new kicker turned in a nice game. Go Tigers!

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Random thoughts

Witherspoon is a beast. Dude looked bigger, stronger and faster than he did last season. If I played on a team opposite of him I'd be scared. He will knock you the **** out. The pass rush is worrisome.

We only rushed 4. We wanted to make Juice beat us through the air and in the middle of the field.

He didn't.

That LB from Overland Park #32 looked like he could develop into a nice player.

That would be Will Ebner from Friendswood, TX. You may be thinking of Gachkar.

Alexander will become the stud I thought he would be this year. Gettis looks to have improved a ton. The secondary as a whole looked better. They were pitiful last season. Gabbert has a nice arm and can run very effectively when needed. QB sneak plays are automatic with him. The new kicker turned in a nice game. Go Tigers!

Anyway, it was a great game.

KCinNY
09-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Whitlock's right about one thing...If Gabbert keeps playing at this level, he's probably gonna be in the NFL after next season.

Braincase
09-06-2009, 07:33 AM
I watched it for a bit before I went over to the KU game. I have to admit I was impressed with Gabbert, not to mention the defensive effort.

tmax63
09-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Good win for Mizzou this weekend. Sending 6 players to the NFL is alot to replace but they showed they got some kids that were waiting for their chance. Unlike last year I see them improving as the guys get more settled and time under their belt. Ditto on the defense comments. If they'd had a defensive coordinator last year who knows what would of happened. Mizzou went from top 10 to out of the top 25 because of the losses to the NFL. If it was OU or USC they would of dropped 5-8 spots. If they do well this year they may start getting more respect.

Saul Good
09-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Good win for Mizzou this weekend. Sending 6 players to the NFL is alot to replace but they showed they got some kids that were waiting for their chance. Unlike last year I see them improving as the guys get more settled and time under their belt. Ditto on the defense comments. If they'd had a defensive coordinator last year who knows what would of happened. Mizzou went from top 10 to out of the top 25 because of the losses to the NFL. If it was OU or USC they would of dropped 5-8 spots. If they do well this year they may start getting more respect.

I don't know if it will happen, but they should be ranked somewhere around 20 based on the games this week.

Swanman
09-06-2009, 08:03 AM
As an Illini fan that was at the game yesterday, I first must offer my humble congrats to Mizzou. You whooped our ass, plain and simple. Gabbert looks like a freaking stud, fast and with a very strong arm.

And about my sorry-ass team, I will just say "Fire Ron Zook". I hate to admit when Florida fans are right about something, but after watching the Illini come out and just get their asses handed to them by a team they should at least hang with (and not get down 30-3), I think it's time for a change. Ugh.

Saul Good
09-06-2009, 08:13 AM
I was amazed when I saw Gabbert's final stats. I thought he played well, but it looked like the coaching staff tried to keep him on a bit of a short leash. We weren't throwing it all over the yard the way we did last year. For him to put up those gaudy numbers shows me that he really got the most out of his throws. There were about 3 complete drops that I remember, too.

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 09:00 AM
As an Illini fan that was at the game yesterday, I first must offer my humble congrats to Mizzou. You whooped our ass, plain and simple. Gabbert looks like a freaking stud, fast and with a very strong arm.

And about my sorry-ass team, I will just say "Fire Ron Zook". I hate to admit when Florida fans are right about something, but after watching the Illini come out and just get their asses handed to them by a team they should at least hang with (and not get down 30-3), I think it's time for a change. Ugh.

He does recruit well.

I am still curious why he wouldn't refuse a penalty that would put Mizzou at 4th and 1 or 2. Instead he took the penalty backed us up to 3rd and 12ish and we got the first down.

eazyb81
09-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Gabbert is a BEAST. That is all.

gblowfish
09-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Everybody was worried about the upcoming Nevada game. I feel more optimistic now that Notre Dame kicked their asses yesterday.
And how bout those fightin' Mormons yesterday putting the smack down on the Sooners?
You go, fightin' Mormons!!

Saul Good
09-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Everybody was worried about the upcoming Nevada game. I feel more optimistic now that Notre Dame kicked their asses yesterday.
And how bout those fightin' Mormons yesterday putting the smack down on the Sooners?
You go, fightin' Mormons!!

I believe their official moniker is the Stormin' Mormons.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM

It's really a shame, because there is so much raw talent on that team. If you guys could pay him the same salary to be your recruiting coordinator, and just bring in some swinging dick to coach you'd probably win 10 games every year.

Saul Good
09-06-2009, 11:09 AM
It's really a shame, because there is so much raw talent on that team. If you guys could pay him the same salary to be your recruiting coordinator, and just bring in some swinging dick to coach you'd probably win 10 games every year.

Are you saying that Zook didn't earn that BCS berth two years ago?

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Illinois is an extremely talented team. The difference was in coaching and execution yesterday.

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Illinois is an extremely talented team. The difference was in coaching and execution yesterday.

With the talent Zook puts on the field, it is hard to believe that they only won 5 games last year. I am wondering if he has another year like last year if he will be around in 2010.

BWillie
09-06-2009, 02:04 PM
With the talent Zook puts on the field, it is hard to believe that they only won 5 games last year. I am wondering if he has another year like last year if he will be around in 2010.

Yep. Zook has always been an amazing recruiter. He just isn't a great football coach. If you gave him the reigns of Texas or Florida right now - he'd find a way to get them to go 9-4

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 02:28 PM
TO THE CHIEFS!*

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fgv5IcDEu-o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fgv5IcDEu-o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

*in 2012.

|Zach|
09-06-2009, 03:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBHa0a8hZ-Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBHa0a8hZ-Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 03:26 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBHa0a8hZ-Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBHa0a8hZ-Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awesome!

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh HELL YEAH!