PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Plan.

Micjones
09-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Here are the FA's I'd bring in to help shore up this team...

1. DT, Shaun Smith - He'd factor into an otherwise average DT rotation.
2. KR/PR, Yamon Figurs/Justin Miller - Can be an all-purpose returnman for this team.
3. OT, Tony Pashos - Can play both at Guard and Tackle. Would be an upgrade.
4. TE, Alex Smith - Would give the Chiefs a red zone scoring option at TE.
5. WR, Matt Jones - Gives you a deep threat to play opposite of Bowe.

booger
09-06-2009, 04:31 AM
I agree on Pashos, Alex Smith and Miller or Figurs. Only problem with Figurs is he has like 6 or 7 fumbles in two years.

Also add OT Wesley Britt, Pats, RT Ryan O'Calloghan Pats, Jamon Merideth G/T Packers (09 5th rd pick)

TE Dan Gronkowski rookie TE Lions http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/dan-gronkowski?id=81829 6'6 255 4.68 forty and a good blocker out of Maryland.

salame
09-06-2009, 04:32 AM
I agree on all of the op's picks

Micjones
09-06-2009, 04:36 AM
I agree on Pashos, Alex Smith and Miller or Figurs. Only problem with Figurs is he has like 6 or 7 fumbles in two years.

Also add OT Wesley Britt, Pats, RT Ryan O'Calloghan Pats, Jamon Merideth G/T Packers (09 5th rd pick)

TE Dan Gronkowski rookie TE Lions http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/dan-gronkowski?id=81829 6'6 255 4.68 forty and a good blocker out of Maryland.

6 fumbles in 2 years?
That's 3 a year... 1 every 5 games?
I can live with that.

If we enter the season with the current cast of characters on returns...
I think we'll see that many... THIS year.

Fairplay
09-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Not a bad plan Mic. We need upgrades. I like the Smith and Pashos idead for sure.

blazzin311
09-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Here are the FA's I'd bring in to help shore up this team...

1. DT, Shaun Smith - He'd factor into an otherwise average DT rotation.
2. KR/PR, Yamon Figurs/Justin Miller - Can be an all-purpose returnman for this team.
3. OT, Tony Pashos - Can play both at Guard and Tackle. Would be an upgrade.
4. TE, Alex Smith - Would give the Chiefs a red zone scoring option at TE.
5. WR, Matt Jones - Gives you a deep threat to play opposite of Bowe.

Agree with all of this 100%. Also agree with Pats, RT Ryan O'Calloghan Pats, Jamon Merideth G/T Packers (09 5th rd pick)

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs to also take a look at the following:

- Phi., RB Lorenzo Booker - Good return man/ third down back

- SD, RG Kynan Forney - Possible starter at RG. He has to be better than Goff. I mean this is the guy they let go of Goff for.

- 49ers, OT Alex Boone - Can provide good depth for the O-line.

- Min., CB Marcus McCauley - Could provide good depth.

- GB, QB Brian Brohm - Has to be better than Thigpen. At least 3rd string
material.

- Ariz., TE Leonard Pope - Could be a starter right away. Decent blocker as far as I recall, and with his large frame and soft hands would be a good red zone target for the Chiefs QBs.

- NYG, WR David Tyree - Would be a special teams ace for the Chiefs. Could also be a 4th or 5th wideout. I would think he'd be an upgrade over Copper at least.

- Den., DE/ OLB Tim Crowder - I remember denver drafting him in the 2nd round (i think) a coulple of yrs. ago with high hopes for him. Not sure why he didn't pan out there but I don't recall him being too bad a pass rusher. Wonder if he wouldn't make a bad rushbacker in the Chiefs new 3-4, since he would be undersized for a prototypical 3-4 DE. I think I might prefer him over Turk McBride anyhow.

booger
09-06-2009, 05:04 AM
Agree with all of this 100%. Also agree with Pats, RT Ryan O'Calloghan Pats, Jamon Merideth G/T Packers (09 5th rd pick)

- Phi., RB Lorenzo Booker - Good return man/ third down back

- SD, RG Kynan Forney - Possible starter at RG. He has to be better than Goff. I mean this is the guy they let go of Goff for.

- 49ers, OT Alex Boone - Can provide good depth for the O-line.

- Min., CB Marcus McCauley - Could provide good depth.

material.

- Ariz., TE Leonard Pope - Could be a starter right away. Decent blocker as far as I recall, and with his large frame and soft hands would be a good red zone target for the Chiefs QBs.

- NYG, WR David Tyree - Would be a special teams ace for the Chiefs. Could also be a 4th or 5th wideout. I would think he'd be an upgrade over Copper at least.

- Den., DE/ OLB Tim Crowder - I remember denver drafting him in the 2nd round (i think) a coulple of yrs. ago with high hopes for him. Not sure why he didn't pan out there but I don't recall him being too bad a pass rusher. Wonder if he wouldn't make a bad rushbacker in the Chiefs new 3-4, since he would be undersized for a prototypical 3-4 DE. I think I might prefer him over Turk McBride anyhow.

Good stuff. I agree with those too. McCauly is a fresno st. guy where Pat hill is the HC and Belichick and pioli always scout his guys and get the inside scoop since BB and Pat Hill use to coach together. He could take Colclough's spot.

I wonder about crowder too. maybe not a LB but DE and LB. try him at both. 6'4 275 he isn't that far off from being a DE. Either way like you said he has better pass rush skills then turk.

Micjones
09-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Forgot about Pope.
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him signed.

HELL, Alex Smith's a former Pioli player...
Wouldn't be shocked if they were BOTH signed.

Von Dumbass
09-06-2009, 05:17 AM

I don't know what happened with Tim Crowder. We had one of the worst defensive lines in football last year and Crowder only played in one game. He has the measurables, but he must have been doing something wrong in practice.

Most of the Orange Mane camp reports said that Crowder was the star of camp this year, but I don't remember seeing him do much of anything in the preseason.

The Chiefs should give Crowder a chance. You guys don't have ANY depth at OLB, and OLB is one of the deeper positions the Broncos have on defense this year.

booger
09-06-2009, 05:18 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492916

FB/TE Casey Cramer. I don't like Mike Cox and we need a new FB IMO. Cramer is a 5 yr vet so no waivers he can sign where he wants. 6'2 250 and 24 career special teams tackles and a blocked punt in 36 career games. Cox has good hands but is slow, average lead blocker and doesn't contribute to special teams.

Don't know if any other good FB's are out there. GB has 3 including quinn johnson from LSU.

booger
09-06-2009, 05:23 AM
DL Everette Pedescleaux cut by donks they want to slide him on the practice squad.

6'6 305 considered one of the better(not in Magee or T.Jackson's league) 5 tech 34 DE's this year out of Northern IA. Could play DE and maybe some NT.

Fairplay
09-06-2009, 05:32 AM
I don't know what happened with Tim Crowder. We had one of the worst defensive lines in football last year and Crowder only played in one game. He has the measurables, but he must have been doing something wrong in practice.

Most of the Orange Mane camp reports said that Crowder was the star of camp this year, but I don't remember seeing him do much of anything in the preseason.

The Chiefs should give Crowder a chance. You guys don't have ANY depth at OLB, and OLB is one of the deeper positions the Broncos have on defense this year.

I agree. I thought Crowder would be good for your team. We should take a look at him no question.

Von Dumbass
09-06-2009, 05:36 AM
DL Everette Pedescleaux cut by donks they want to slide him on the practice squad.

6'6 305 considered one of the better(not in Magee or T.Jackson's league) 5 tech 34 DE's this year out of Northern IA. Could play DE and maybe some NT.

BOO! Stay away. He needs to sneak on Denver's practice squad.:)

We also cut Carlton Powell. We drafted him last year and he was known in college to be a great run stopping DT.

How dominant has Powell been? In 73 plays that he made vs. the run, he held the opponent to minus-21 yards rushing. Since Powell was inserted into the starting lineup, Tech has led the nation in total defense the last two years (2005-06) and led the Division 1-A ranks in scoring defense in 2006, after placing second the previous two seasons.

In 106 running plays directed at him, Powell's tackles resulted in the opposition in being held to minus-13 yards on the ground.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/carlton-powell?id=296

CupidStunt
09-06-2009, 05:59 AM

:shake:

Cut by that team = pass.

booger
09-06-2009, 06:00 AM
BOO! Stay away. He needs to sneak on Denver's practice squad.:)

We also cut Carlton Powell. We drafted him last year and he was known in college to be a great run stopping DT.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/carlton-powell?id=296

:shake:

Cut by that team = pass.

:)

booger
09-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Khalif Mitchell 49ers. Same thing. DE/NT 6'5 318

booger
09-06-2009, 06:09 AM
WR Ruvell Martin Packers

Messier
09-06-2009, 06:28 AM
No to Matt Jones. I was listening to someone on the radio when asked if Jones would be a good fit in KC. He said Jones is one of the laziest players in the NFL, and there's a reason no one seems to be interested. He's the exact opposite of the kind of player you'd want hanging around Bowe.

blazzin311
09-06-2009, 07:06 AM
WR Ruvell Martin Packers

Yea I'd take a look at him if I were the Chiefs. I didn't even see he was released by GB. Must have overlooked that. He's a pretty talented reciever actually. He's just had the misfortune of being buried on GB's depth chart behind the likes of Driver, Jennings, Nelson, and James Jones. Hard to get much playing time at reciever I imagine with those guys ahead of you.

milkman
09-06-2009, 07:08 AM
You people need to give up the Matt Jones dream.

If Pioli/Haley had any interest in him, they would have already persued him, given the dearth of talent at WR on this team.

Deberg_1990
09-06-2009, 08:59 AM

If Pioli/Haley had any interest in him, they would have already persued him, given the dearth of talent at WR on this team.

Agreed. Hes obviously got some talent, but teams are really scared off by the coke thing. As they should be.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2009, 09:05 AM

Yep, they even looked at Lelie over him.

Also, KC isn't the only team with WR issues (I know that is a shock to some on here) and nobody wants him.

shammus
09-06-2009, 11:41 AM
On the players mentioned in the original post, I'd lean towards Miller over Figurs as I think that his injuries have cost him a step in the return game. I'd be really surprised to see Jones. Off the field issues and lazy on the field is probably not what Pioli/Haley are looking for.

Here's a plan I threw together -

DT - Terrance Taylor (IND) or maybe Shawn Smith (Det)
LB - Zach Follet (Det)
KR - Justin Williams
TE - Jed Putzier (Denver)
C - Alex Stepanovic (Pitt)
G - Kynan Forney (SD)
OT - Tony Pashos (Jags) or Jamon Meredith (Pitt) (preferably both!!)

This plan rebuilds the right side of the offensive line for us and most of these guys would be immediate upgrades who can start. Gives us an above average returner and a pass-catching TE. Also hopefully one of the DT's could be a spacing eating run-stuffer that would be an upgrade over Edwards. Finally, Follet would be a nice project at OLB and provide some depth. Thoughts?

Mr. Krab
09-06-2009, 12:53 PM
I'd rather have WR Brandon Williams than Jones but hey ... whatevah.

Chocolate Hog
09-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Why would a team sign a guy whos already played for 2 teams this season already? And why would a team sign a dope fiend? Sorry this thread makes no sense.

riskrevival
09-06-2009, 01:18 PM
get off the Matt Jones dream, I'm pretty sure he is about to sign with the Titans anyway seeing as how he's been working out with them.

I'd imagine we claim:

Ryan O Callaghan
Aaron Francisco
Leonard Pope/Any TE/FB
insert another offensive line guy here ___.

I wouldn't see what would hurt bringing one of these young QBs in like a Booty or Brohm either.

please no to Shaun Smith, I heard he has terrible worth ethic and his a huge bitch. I would rather that not cut into the playing time of Magee or whatever young guy, might as well just let our players learn the hard way on the line.

Mosbonian
09-06-2009, 01:30 PM

material.

No......no.......no......

mmaddog

Micjones
09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah we should all stop talking about Matt Jones.
He's done in the NFL. Let's just forget about that Tennessee Titan tryout he recently had.
:rolleyes:

I think the Chiefs need to sign one of the NFL draftees at C, G, and T.

Stepanovich, Schuening and Meredith.
That'd give us a real chance at building a good Offensive Line for years to come.