PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it just me or does Blaine G have the strongest arm

Tuckdaddy
09-06-2009, 08:38 AM
in college football. The kid down here in Ark has a cannon for an arm but watching MU was like HOLY SHIT! That kid has got more than a cannon. It a damn rocket launcher.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Why is this thread tagged with a Chiefs icon?

KC kid
09-06-2009, 08:45 AM
mu homer

CoMoChief
09-06-2009, 08:53 AM
He does have a hand cannon thats for sure. NFL scouts will drool over that....most spread QB's don't have the strongest arms. I've seen Gabbert make all the throws in practice. He will get better with awareness in the pocket......he's pretty athletic for his size.

Strongest arm though? I dont know about that. Juice Williams has a cannon himself.

kepp
09-06-2009, 08:56 AM
mu homer

Because he's wrong?

Demonpenz
09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
wtf is a 5 star recruit supposed to have?

Al Bundy
09-06-2009, 09:30 AM
He looked like he had a damn strong arm to me.

InChiefsHell
09-06-2009, 10:23 AM
As a Husker fan, I was dismayed at Mizzou's performance. They all looked really f-ing good, and Gabbert especially. Mizzou is going to have another really good season.

kcfanXIII
09-06-2009, 10:34 AM
all i could think while watching the game yesterday was, "dropoff?" sucks for you nebraska fans and ku fans, who all off season were making your plans to rule the north. doesn't look like mu fell off so much. here's to another great season of BIG XII football. :BLVD:

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 10:47 AM
all i could think while watching the game yesterday was, "dropoff?" sucks for you nebraska fans and ku fans, who all off season were making your plans to rule the north. doesn't look like mu fell off so much. here's to another great season of BIG XII football. :BLVD:

I think KU is still the favorite in the North. Keep in mind this is one game and it was against an Illinois team that went 5-7 last year...in the Big 10.

It's not like we beat OU or something.

Mosbonian
09-06-2009, 11:02 AM
I think KU is still the favorite in the North. Keep in mind this is one game and it was against an Illinois team that went 5-7 last year...in the Big 10.

True....but I don't remember seeing anyone that picked MU to win this game. In fact most said that they didn't think Gabbert could fill Daniel's shoes and that the MU offense would see a real decline.

And to act like it was nothing is just as wrong as acting like we won a game against Nebraska/KU/OU. Juice Williams is no slouch and neither is this Illini team.

My opinion....we just came out more focused, determined and probably pissed off that everyone has written us off. There is a lot to be happy about when looking at yesterdays game and trying to be pessimistic serves no purpose.

mmaddog

DMAC
09-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Everyone looked good and focused. They played well as a unit.

ArrowheadHawk
09-06-2009, 11:14 AM

So what? Who won last year. We don't need you to drop off.

Frazod
09-06-2009, 11:22 AM

It's also not like we beat Northern Colorado at home, either.

Buehler445
09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Credit where credit is due. It's a very nice win for Mizzou. I didn't see the game, just the score.

To be fair for both out teams, it's early and while its optomistic for you guys that Gabbert is playing (apparently) very very well, it's early and a lot can happen.

Here's to a heated rivalry :cheers:
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
09-06-2009, 11:27 AM
So what? Who won last year. We don't need you to drop off.

If you are satisfied with not winning the North, I guess you won't be disappointed.

Saul Good
09-06-2009, 11:29 AM

Illinois was 27 in the AP. It's not just that we won that is so impressive. It's how we did it.

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Illinois was 27 in the AP. It's not just that we won that is so impressive. It's how we did it.

Don't get me wrong, it was EXTREMELY impressive. I just don't want to put the cart before the horse.

Saul Good
09-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, it was EXTREMELY impressive. I just don't want to put the cart before the horse.

I understand completely. Nevada still worries me, but I'm not nearly as worried as I was before we pounded Illinois and ND pounded them.

Before the season, I said that I would be satisfied with a 3-1 record after the non-conference games. Now, anything less than 4-0 would be a pretty big letdown. I'm concerned that I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

If Vegas were to set the lines on the remainder of our schedule today, how many times do you think we would be an underdog?

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 11:40 AM
I understand completely. Nevada still worries me, but I'm not nearly as worried as I was before we pounded Illinois and ND pounded them.

Before the season, I said that I would be satisfied with a 3-1 record after the non-conference games. Now, anything less than 4-0 would be a pretty big letdown. I'm concerned that I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

If Vegas were to set the lines on the remainder of our schedule today, how many times do you think we would be an underdog?

Today?

I would say 4 times.

Nebraska (that could be a push- depends on what they do againt VT)
@ OKie Lite
Texas
Kansas

Before yesterday's game I would put @ Nevada on that list and possibly @ Colorado. And I feel much more confident about the Nevada game, although it is still going to be a tough game, I think. Thursday night, on the road on ESPN...could be trouble.

Chocolate Hog
09-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Cool Mizzou beat a team that was 5-7 last year in the Big 10. Nuff said.

Priest31kc
09-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Cool Mizzou beat a team that was 5-7 last year in the Big 10. Nuff said.

I don't like you.

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't like you.

But the nubs gritty win over perennial powerhouse Florida Atlantic should catapult them back to relevance.

It's...you know, restoring the order.

Count Alex's Losses
09-06-2009, 02:20 PM
And so it begins....in two years every Planeteer will want Blaine G in red and gold.

Chocolate Hog
09-06-2009, 02:21 PM
But the nubs gritty win over perennial powerhouse Florida Atlantic should catapult them back to relevance.

Yea and the difference is Florida Atlantic made a bowl. PWNT by your own ignorance.

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2009, 02:31 PM

It's not like we beat OU or something.Agreed. It does little good to get ahead of ourselves. With such a young team, we could easily lose a few we shouldn't.

It is nice, however momentarily, to silence the "they had a nice little run but will return to their rightful place" Nebraska fans that I have to endure.

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Yea and the difference is Florida Atlantic made a bowl. PWNT by your own ignorance.

ROFL You are like most other nub fans... completely delusional.

It's ok, you still have the 90's.

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Agreed. It does little good to get ahead of ourselves. With such a young team, we could easily lose a few we shouldn't.

It is nice, however momentarily, to silence the "they had a nice little run but will return to their rightful place" Nebraska fans that I have to endure.

Yes...and for example, see Billay's posts in this thread.

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes...and for example, see Billay's posts in this thread.I must admit that I hadn't made it past your post prior to posting mine. Billay is not too quick on the uptake, so I wouldn't spend a ton of time worrying about what he says.

Frazod
09-06-2009, 02:38 PM

Florida Atlantic has a time machine that can transport Nebraska back to the 90s?

BWillie
09-06-2009, 02:57 PM
I gotta give it to Mizzou - they piss pounded Illinois and their D even looked dominant. Blaine Gabbert is no joke. The arm strength of Gabbert is light and day better than Chase Daniel. I think they can compete for the North top spot unfortunately

GoHuge
09-06-2009, 03:29 PM
i'm not a typical my team is great and root against everyone else type of fan. i thought that what mizzou did yesterday kicked ass and i was cheering like hell for them. my biggest disappointment yesterday was ou losing. my second favorite college team is the big 12. i want to see all of our teams do well because it strengthens our overall conference. never understood rooting against your college rival in the same conference just because unless they're playing your team or their results are affecting your team's post season which they are alot of the time. if it's not hurting your team why not cheer for them? guess i'm just not a hater or maybe i just like to root for college kids giving it their all. with that being said i cheer for the destruction of our afc west rivals every sunday. maybe i'm weird and don't really expect anyone else to get it or adopt my views or logic on the subject, but it's just how i roll.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2009, 03:34 PM
i'm not a typical my team is great and root against everyone else type of fan. i thought that what mizzou did yesterday kicked ass and i was cheering like hell for them. my biggest disappointment yesterday was ou losing. my second favorite college team is the big 12. i want to see all of our teams do well because it strengthens our overall conference. never understood rooting against your college rival in the same conference just because unless they're playing your team or their results are affecting your team's post season which they are alot of the time. if it's not hurting your team why not cheer for them? guess i'm just not a hater or maybe i just like to root for college kids giving it their all. with that being said i cheer for the destruction of our afc west rivals every sunday. maybe i'm weird and don't really expect anyone else to get it or adopt my views or logic on the subject, but it's just how i roll.
Posted via Mobile DeviceNah, you're probably just a good person.

Chocolate Hog
09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I must admit that I hadn't made it past your post prior to posting mine. Billay is not too quick on the uptake, so I wouldn't spend a ton of time worrying about what he says.

Dude you went to Pitt State don't diss others intelligence.

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Dude you went to Pitt State don't diss others [sic] intelligence.I agree that it wasn't the best education, but I was in the honors college which allowed me to take some of the best classes they had to offer (which still weren't great). Fortunately, I went to a great grad school. :)

Saul Good
09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I gotta give it to Mizzou - they piss pounded Illinois and their D even looked dominant. Blaine Gabbert is no joke. The arm strength of Gabbert is light and day better than Chase Daniel. I think they can compete for the North top spot unfortunately

I sure hope that we can compete for the North Title. Being that we are the two-time defending champs, it's flattering to think that we can compete for a crown against Nebraska. We've only outscored them by 35 points in each of the last two contests. If we had outscored them by more than 70 points over that span, I might think that we had a chance. Since we barely squeaked them out, I think it's time to go ahead and concede defeat right now.

Heh heh. 10 TD difference over the last 2 years, and that includes the garbage TD we gave them on the last play of 2008. Guess what Husker fans...the Wistroms et al play for Mizzou, now. Have fun recruiting Nebraska and Wyoming. Your Southern and Eastern borders have officially closed.

Sam Hall
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
I sure hope that we can compete for the North Title. Being that we are the two-time defending champs, it's flattering to think that we can compete for a crown against Nebraska. We've only outscored them by 35 points in each of the last two contests. If we had outscored them by more than 70 points over that span, I might think that we had a chance. Since we barely squeaked them out, I think it's time to go ahead and concede defeat right now.

Heh heh. 10 TD difference over the last 2 years, and that includes the garbage TD we gave them on the last play of 2008. Guess what Husker fans...the Wistroms et al play for Mizzou, now. Have fun recruiting Nebraska and Wyoming. Your Southern and Eastern borders have officially closed.

That's funny. I get ripped here all the time for talking about the past.

beer bacon
09-06-2009, 07:56 PM
That's funny. I get ripped here all the time for talking about the past.

There is a difference between last season and 1995 Sam.

|Zach|
09-06-2009, 07:59 PM
There is a difference between last season and 1995 Sam.

ROFL

kcfanXIII
09-06-2009, 08:00 PM
time to fortify our borders with the untrustworthy neighbors to our west. it must be college football season.

|Zach|
09-06-2009, 08:00 PM

Yes. Nebraska is going to have to sit around and convince kids from other states how good Nebraska used to be to get good players in.

Enjoy.

Sam Hall
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I see the Mizzou fans around here haven't changed.

|Zach|
09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I see the Mizzou fans around here haven't changed.

Wah wah.

Sam Hall
09-06-2009, 08:06 PM
It's the same unrealistic expectations for Nebraska from rival fans.

|Zach|
09-06-2009, 08:07 PM
It's the same unrealistic expectations for Nebraska from rival fans.

Yes. Mizzou fans have been the ones sitting around talking about Nebraska taking the North this year.

Sam Hall
09-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes. Mizzou fans have been the ones sitting around talking about Nebraska taking the North this year.

No, but somebody in this thread mentioned 1995:D

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 08:22 PM
And so it begins....in two years every Planeteer will want Blaine G in red and gold.

That's too long to wait. We've got to replenish the upcoming Killed In Action Quarterback roster at the end of the season.
Between the line and sucky RB blocking, we're going to lose personnel fast.

Hey, I don't write destiny son, I just roll with it.

Coach
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Looks like it's going to be a KU/MU/NU contest.

Can't say I'm suprised, since I pretty much expected that.

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Looks like it's going to be a KU/MU/NU contest.

Can't say I'm suprised, since I pretty much expected that.I just posted this in another thread, but it should probably be repeated; Mizzou fans really shouldn't put the cart before the horse. We won one game against a Zook-coached Illinois squad. Zook recruits crazy-good players, but he can't coach or develop them. Hopefully, MU has a shot at the North, but it's going to be a battle all the way. KU should remain the favorite until they falter.

Coach
09-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I just posted this in another thread, but it should probably be repeated; Mizzou fans really shouldn't put the cart before the horse. We won one game against a Zook-coached Illinois squad. Zook recruits crazy-good players, but he can't coach or develop them. Hopefully, MU has a shot at the North, but it's going to be a battle all the way. KU should remain the favorite until they falter.

I can understand your reasoning for that, and all good points. However, one thing to keep in mind was MU's weakness was the pass defense (or defense in general?) and that Juice Williams lit up their defense last year.

Perhaps maybe that MU's new coordinators might be what they need in order for this success to continue. MU has talent, that's no question. And MU fans should be happy that they have Pinkel as their HC. He did exactly what he hoped for, when he first came into Missouri, that was to try to lock up the talent in the state of Missouri in Missouri.

It looks like they put the Big XII on notice.

beer bacon
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
I just posted this in another thread, but it should probably be repeated; Mizzou fans really shouldn't put the cart before the horse. We won one game against a Zook-coached Illinois squad. Zook recruits crazy-good players, but he can't coach or develop them. Hopefully, MU has a shot at the North, but it's going to be a battle all the way. KU should remain the favorite until they falter.

Yeah, but Juice hung 450 yards and 5 TDs on us last year, and they have played us close the last two years. Defensively, we did much better against Illinois then we have in previous years. That is a very positive thing.

I also don't know why Nebraska, Kansas, or MU should be considered a favorite right now. What has any of these teams done to earn that?

Coach
09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah, but Juice hung 450 yards and 5 TDs on us last year, and they have played us close the last two years. Defensively, we did much better against Illinois then we have in previous years. That is a very positive thing.

I also don't know why Nebraska, Kansas, or MU should be considered a favorite right now. What has any of these teams done to earn that?

Well, Iowa State hasn't really improved, and they were very late on getting a coaching staff together. So it's pretty obvious that they're gonna be in the bottom of the Big XII North.

Kansas State, well, almost losing to Massachusetts tells me that they got a long way to go before they can think about hanging with MU/NU/KU

Colorado, as long as Dan Hawkins is letting his boy Cody Hawkins being the QB for Colorado, they aren't going anywhere.

Sam Hall
09-06-2009, 10:35 PM
There are about a million different factors that could decide the North.

Sam Hall
09-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Mizzou won't be challenged until they play Nebraska. After that game, good luck against Oklahoma State and Texas.

Saccopoo
09-06-2009, 11:42 PM
This is the strongest arm:

http://msg.com/events/media/events/large_strongman-gallery-508-1.jpg

Or maybe this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1119/ncf_u_reesing_300.jpg

KcMizzou
09-06-2009, 11:45 PM
This is the strongest arm:

Or maybe this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1119/ncf_u_reesing_300.jpg

NEIN!!!

(Sorry, I invoked the spirit of Rausch there...)

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 11:52 PM
NEIN!!!

(Sorry, I invoked the spirit of Rausch there...)

I would just like to point out at this time that it is ALWAYS the MU fans on this board that start the disharmony that leads to the usual BS.

ALWAYS.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 03:19 AM

Like the 4 star recruit they got from Texas? Or the top 25 rated recruiting class? You do realize alot of Nebraskas great talent in the 90's was from Nebraska? Typical Mizzou fan doesn't know much about college football cuz they only got on the bangwagon a few years ago.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Like the 4 star recruit they got from Texas? Or the top 25 rated recruiting class? You do realize alot of Nebraskas great talent in the 90's was from Nebraska? Typical Mizzou fan doesn't know much about college football cuz they only got on the bangwagon a few years ago.

Why does Mike Brown look like Buckwheat?

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 03:32 AM
Why does Mike Brown look like Buckwheat?

He looks like Bernard Pollards replacement

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 03:44 AM
He looks like Bernard Pollards replacement

I'm sorry, the correct answer is, "DuJuan Morgan".

Coach
09-07-2009, 10:02 AM

And that's where you are wrong. Not ALOT of Nebraska's great talent was from Nebraska.

Tommie Frazier - from Florida.
Lawrence Phillips - from Arkansas.
Grant Wistrom - from Missouri.
Michael Booker - from California.
Jay Foreman - from Minnesota.
Christian Peter - from New Jersey.
Kris Brown - from Texas.
Eric Warfield - from Mississippi.

Shall I continue on, or did I school you enough?

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 10:17 AM
And that's where you are wrong. Not ALOT of Nebraska's great talent was from Nebraska.

Kris Brown - from Texas.

That's another pointless thing to be arguing about. Quite a few of their starters and key contributors were from Nebraska.

Mizzou_8541
09-07-2009, 10:19 AM

Kris Brown - from Texas.

pwnd

Phobia
09-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Eric Warfield is from Arkansas.

Mizzou_8541
09-07-2009, 10:26 AM
That's another pointless thing to be arguing about. Quite a few of their starters and key contributors were from Nebraska.

Two of Nebraska's key contributors this year are from out of state - Dan Hoch and Blaine Gabbert.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Two of your key contributors this year are from out of state - Dan Hoch and Blaine Gabbert.

I couldn't care less about the recruits that left when Callahan was fired.

Mizzou_8541
09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
I couldn't care less about the recruits that left when Callahan was fired.

LMAO I bet.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 10:31 AM
LMAO I bet.

Why?

Mizzou_8541
09-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Why?

Because depth on the offensive lines sucks and having the #1 rated quarterback coming out of high school compete for a starting job with Zac Lee would be terrible.

...and Nebraska would have been better with them. You can't deny that. Nebraska would have been better with Dan Hoch and Blaine Gabbert but they decommited and went to Missouri.

Rationality doesn't seem to fit with some Nebraska fans, so I'm sure I will get the "Bo is restoring the order his way" argument from you or someone else.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Nebraska is doing better than a lot of rival fans on this board think. Show me a Husker fan who was sad to see Callahan leave and I will show you a moron.

Mizzou_8541
09-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Nebraska is doing better than a lot of rival fans on this board think. Show me a Husker fan who was sad to see Callahan leave and I will show you a moron.

When did I say Nebraska was doing bad? I still think ku and Nebraska are the favorites in the North (I think Missouri is in the conversation now, though). All I am saying is that Nebraska would have been better with those two. And as much as nub fans don't want to admit it, that hurt your program. Just like Will Compton who was also rumored to be wavering on his commitment...it took a tattoo on the arm of Pelini assistant to keep him there. But he was highly recruited from St. Louis and he would have added some great depth at linebacker at Missouri.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Every team has decommits and it happens every year. Nebraska has had its share of decommits over the years. The world didn't end when Josh Freeman left for Kansas State.

Saul Good
09-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Every team has decommits and it happens every year. Nebraska has had its share of decommits over the years. The world didn't end when Josh Freeman left for Kansas State.

Not every team loses a guy who was rated by some as the best QB in the country. The world didn't end when Freeman went to Kansas State, but the Huskers didn't have anyone to replace him, and the program has suffered.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Not every team loses a guy who was rated by some as the best QB in the country. The world didn't end when Freeman went to Kansas State, but the Huskers didn't have anyone to replace him, and the program has suffered.

Nebraska ended up being fine without him. No one player is bigger than an entire program. Just like what happened when Emmitt Smith and Donovan McNabb decided to play somewhere else. What was Freeman's record against Nebraska?

Mizzou_8541
09-07-2009, 11:11 AM

LMAO Josh Freeman...that's your argument? That guy tore up the Big 12.

Who knows, though. Nebraska only won 24 games while Freeman was the quarterback at k-state. To put that in perspective, ku won 27 games and MU won 31 games. He would have probably been an upgrade over, well, Joe Ganz comes to mind.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 11:16 AM
LMAO Josh Freeman...that's your argument? That guy tore up the Big 12.

Who knows, though. Nebraska only won 24 games while Freeman was the quarterback at k-state. To put that in perspective, ku won 27 games and MU won 31 games. He would have probably been an upgrade over, well, Joe Ganz comes to mind.

Josh Freeman was a first-round draft pick. I'd say he's pretty good:D

Ganz did a good job. This goes back to Callahan, and I'm glad he's gone.

Mizzou_8541
09-07-2009, 11:20 AM

IMHO, Callahan = Ron Zook. Great recruiter, terrible coach.

Saul Good
09-07-2009, 11:25 AM

Ganz did a great job of keeping Missouri talent in-state. It's laughable that you think that NU did just fine the last 3 years. Their program was a disaster. With the debacle that was K-State, Nebraska should have dominated the North. Instead, they were an also-ran. It was Missouri, Kansas, and a bunch of jokers.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Ganz did a great job of keeping Missouri talent in-state. It's laughable that you think that NU did just fine the last 3 years. Their program was a disaster. With the debacle that was K-State, Nebraska should have dominated the North. Instead, they were an also-ran. It was Missouri, Kansas, and a bunch of jokers.

I think you're missing my points.

Saul Good
09-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I think you're missing my points.

You must be right, because I didn't see any.

I like Nebraska at home against Iowa State. I like them at home against Kansas State. Other than that there's not a conference game on their schedule that I would be surprised to see them lose. If they go 3-5 in conference, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 11:53 AM
You must be right, because I didn't see any.

I like Nebraska at home against Iowa State. I like them at home against Kansas State. Other than that there's not a conference game on their schedule that I would be surprised to see them lose. If they go 3-5 in conference, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

OK. You sound like another person who stopped paying attention to Nebraska after last year's Mizzou game. I can deal with that.

Saul Good
09-07-2009, 11:57 AM
OK. You sound like another person who stopped paying attention to Nebraska after last year's Mizzou game. I can deal with that.

I watched them play most of their games last year. I didn't see their opener, as it was only on PPV around here. What games on your conference schedule would you be surprised to lose? 3-5 isn't a slap in the face. You've got a tough schedule.

crispystl420
09-07-2009, 06:58 PM

#1 You are an asshole and a douche bag.
#2 I have been a Mizzou Fan since before Corby Jones.

KChiefs1
09-07-2009, 09:09 PM
OK. You sound like another person who stopped paying attention to Nebraska after last year's Mizzou game.

That would be 99.9% of football fans.

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:12 PM

The big difference is that this kid is actually going to be a legit first-round talent.

6'5" 242lbs and can move.

We're looking at Roethlisberger II, speaking simply as a prospect.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:14 PM
So Nebraskas football program has been a disater yet they've won 19 more games, won more heismans, and played in more title games than Mizzou?

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
So Nebraskas football program has been a disater yet they've won 19 more games, won more heismans, and played in more title games than Mizzou?

Nebraska has a rich tradition. This isn't even an arguable point.

Yet it's going to take significant work to get that program up and running again. It's not a given that it will happen, given the ever-changing nature of modern college football.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
The big difference is that this kid is actually going to be a legit first-round talent.

That was precisely my thinking. Oh, to have a talented, big, physical QB with miles of upside running the show in the Red and Gold...

I'd have to double my underwear budget!

DJ's left nut
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM

I don't think so, at least I don't like the comp.

If Gabbert pans out, we're looking at Carson Palmer. If he doesn't, we're looking at...well nothing really.

In other words, I find Gabbert to be a far more 'talented' player than Roethlisberger. If he develops as a passer, he's a better pure thrower than Ben. He's also faster; Ben's 'pocket mobile' in that he sees space to step up and avoid the rush, but he's not a guy that's going to break many runs. At the same time, Ben's an exceptional leader and a guy I'd let QB any team I ever put out there. They're just much different players.

I don't see any way that Gabbert ends up like Roethlisberger, they just don't have the same strengths that I can see. With his physical gifts, if Gabbert can get the mental game under his belt, he has a chance to stand with the best pure passers in the game. If he ends up with the leadership ability of Ben, he'll surpass him as a player. If he doesn't end up with that kind of moxy, he'll just be completely different, certainly not Roethlisberger II.

I think Palmer before his knee injury is an excellent upside comparison (again - pure upside, not projecting; I recognize it's somewhere between damn unlikely and impossible that Gabbert ends up as good as Palmer).

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM
That was precisely my thinking. Oh, to have a talented, big, physical QB with miles of upside running the show in the Red and Gold...

I'd have to double my underwear budget!

BG needs to be on the field and continue to develop, but if he could be put on some kind of "draft reserve" right now, I would absolutely do it in a second.

Assuming his upward trajectory continues and he remains healthy, he'll be a top 10 pick after his junior season.

KcMizzou
09-07-2009, 09:24 PM
So Nebraskas football program has been a disater yet they've won 19 more games, won more heismans, and played in more title games than Mizzou?Nebraska has obviously traditionally been a huge college football powerhouse. I don't doubt that they'll regain that status, sooner or later.

Mizzou's just recently entered that level, and is trying to stay there. So far, it looks pretty good. (Who wants Pinkel fired now? heh.)

It's not about MU vs. NU anyway, unless it's game day.

KU's gonna be right in there too, as much as I hate to admit it...

The north is gonna be a dogfight.

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't think so, at least I don't like the comp.

If Gabbert pans out, we're looking at Carson Palmer. If he doesn't, we're looking at...well nothing really.

In other words, I find Gabbert to be a far more 'talented' player than Roethlisberger. If he develops as a passer, he's a better pure thrower than Ben. He's also faster; Ben's 'pocket mobile' in that he sees space to step up and avoid the rush, but he's not a guy that's going to break many runs. At the same time, Ben's an exceptional leader and a guy I'd let QB any team I ever put out there. They're just much different players.

I don't see any way that Gabbert ends up like Roethlisberger, they just don't have the same strengths that I can see. With his physical gifts, if Gabbert can get the mental game under his belt, he has a chance to stand with the best pure passers in the game. If he ends up with the leadership ability of Ben, he'll surpass him as a player. If he doesn't end up with that kind of moxy, he'll just be completely different, certainly not Roethlisberger II.

I think Palmer before his knee injury is an excellent upside comparison (again - pure upside, not projecting; I recognize it's somewhere between damn unlikely and impossible that Gabbert ends up as good as Palmer).

Obviously the comparison is based largely on body type.

And Roethlisberger is so underrated as a passer on this board that it's criminal. Clearly BG moves better.

But I'm alluding also to draftability. I don't think a spread QB is going 1/1, though I willingly concede that Gabbert has more tools than the average spread monkey.

Right now, he's a mid first rounder.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 09:25 PM
BG needs to be on the field and continue to develop, but if he could be put on some kind of "draft reserve" right now, I would absolutely do it in a second.

Assuming his upward trajectory continues and he remains healthy, he'll be a top 10 pick after his junior season.

I'd renounce my membership in the Sanchez fan club immediately!LMAO

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Nebraska has obviously traditionally been a huge college football powerhouse. I don't doubt that they'll regain that status, sooner or later.

Mizzou's just recently entered that level, and is trying to stay there. So far, it looks pretty good. (Who wants Pinkel fired now? heh.)

It's not about MU vs. NU anyway, unless it's game day.

KU's gonna be right in there too, as much as I hate to admit it...

The north is gonna be a dogfight.

Question though. How did Alabama re-build its program and Oklahoma? You don't think they used there tradition to recruit? If Nebraska is such a shitty football school why are they still ranked top 25 in recruiting?

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh, and Gabbert is far more mobile than Palmer, so I'm not exactly sure how that comparison pans out, either.

KcMizzou
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Question though. How did Alabama re-build its program and Oklahoma? You don't think they used there tradition to recruit? If Nebraska is such a shitty football school why are they still ranked top 25 in recruiting?"Their"

And who ever said Nebraska was "a shitty football school"?

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Question though. How did Alabama re-build its program and Oklahoma? You don't think they used there tradition to recruit? If Nebraska is such a shitty football school why are they still ranked top 25 in recruiting?

Coaches.

And Nebraska's coach kind of sucks.

Chocolate Hog
"Their"

And who ever said Nebraska was "a shitty football school"?

Read the thread. One dude said there program is a "disaster"

Chocolate Hog
Coaches.

And Nebraska's coach kind of sucks.

Pellini sucks? Really? Hows LSU's defense since he left?

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM

You shouldn't question anybody's education until you learn the difference between their and there. Nevermind they're.

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM

I don't like him as a HC at all.

He will not be the person that restores that program to prominence.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:31 PM
You shouldn't question anybody's education until you learn the difference between their and there. Nevermind they're.

Just because you use your social security money to help pay for chiefsplanet doesn't mean you should be such an asshole.

Coach
09-07-2009, 09:32 PM

I think it has to do more of the fact that Nebraska hired Callahan is the reason why they were on a decline.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't like him as a HC at all.

He will not be the person that restores that program to prominence.

Based on what? They improved 4 games last year and the defense improve. He was the secondary coach for the niners win they won the super bowl, The DC when OU went to a title, Was the D-cordinator when LSU won. It's fair to say he knows how to win.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Just because you use your social security money to help pay for chiefsplanet doesn't mean you should be such an asshole.

OK, keep displaying your ignorance.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I think it has to do more of the fact that Nebraska hired Callahan is the reason why they were on a decline.

Yea and when they fired Solich for going 10-3 that was pretty stupid. Osborne spoiled the program.

Chocolate Hog
OK, keep displaying your ignorance.

And you keep being a douchebag.

DeezNutz
Based on what? They improved 4 games last year and the defense improve. He was the secondary coach for the niners win they won the super bowl, The DC when OU went to a title, Was the D-cordinator when LSU won. It's fair to say he knows how to win.

His temperament. He's not HC material.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
And you keep being a douchebag.

How the hell did you get out of high school? Or did you?

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
His temperament. He's not HC material.

I've never heard that. Woody Hayes was a pretty big asshole and he was successful. Even a guy like Mangina is a big asshole and hes turned the KU program around. Bo is 2-0 in bowl games too.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM

Next are you going to ask me to get off your lawn?

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I've never heard that. Woody has was a pretty big asshole and he was successful. Even a guy like Mangina is a big asshole and hes turned the KU program around. Bo is 2-0 in bowl games too.

Not on the same level.

BP's temper has negatively affected his team's in game situations, penalties and what not. In short, he's immature.

One can get away with this type of attitude as a coordinator, but not as the head guy.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Next are you going to ask me to get off your lawn?

No, next I'm going to neg rep you back to the Pleistocene era.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Not on the same level.

BP's temper has negatively affected his team's in game situations, penalties and what not. In short, he's immature.

One can get away with this type of attitude as a coordinator, but not as the head guy.

Sorry I disagree. Pellini to some extent has already proven he can win if he was immature wouldn't they have lost the Colorado and Clemson games after being dominated? I can't think of any games where he costed the team?

DJ's left nut
09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Obviously the comparison is based largely on body type.

And Roethlisberger is so underrated as a passer on this board that it's criminal. Clearly BG moves better.

But I'm alluding also to draftability. I don't think a spread QB is going 1/1, though I willingly concede that Gabbert has more tools than the average spread monkey.

Right now, he's a mid first rounder.

You think Roethlisberger's an underrated passer?

I dunno man, that guy shows a scatter-shot arm quite a bit. I love him as a leader and as a clutch performer, but as a pure drop-back passer, I see him as mid-pack. For instance, I have Matt Schaub as a much better thrower, but Ben as a much better QB. Ben has an above average arm (not quite elite) but he's wildly inconsistent. His throwing mechanics elude him quite a bit and keep him from being considered among the top 'throwers' in football, IMO.

As for Palmer/Gabbert - Pre-injury, Palmer could move when he had to. He wasn't a runner, but that was a mentality thing, IMO. He showed ample athletic ability when the situation demanded it.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:42 PM
No, next I'm going to neg rep you back to the Pleistocene era.

And you said I'm the immature one, douche.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Sorry I disagree. Pellini to some extent has already proven he can win if he was immature wouldn't they have lost the Colorado and Clemson games after being dominated? I can't think of any games where he costed the team?

costed?

DJ's left nut
09-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Not on the same level.

{Thinks of Haley hire...shakes head and sighs...}

Chocolate Hog
costed?

Hooray for spelling nazis. Hey don't burp it smells like my nuts.

KcMizzou
costed?Oh hell. LMAO

KcMizzou
09-07-2009, 09:44 PM
I've never heard that. Woody Hayes was a pretty big asshole and he was successful. Even a guy like Mangina is a big asshole and hes turned the KU program around. Bo is 2-0 in bowl games too.Ya know... I'm not a Mangino fan. (MU/KU thing and all) but I've never thought of him as being an asshole.

Seriously. Seems like a nice enough guy... have I missed something?

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:45 PM
And you said I'm the immature one, douche.

If I was as stupid as you are I certainly wouldn't be advertising it on a message board for thousands of people to read.

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:45 PM
You think Roethlisberger's an underrated passer?

I dunno man, that guy shows a scatter-shot arm quite a bit. I love him as a leader and as a clutch performer, but as a pure drop-back passer, I see him as mid-pack. For instance, I have Matt Schaub as a much better thrower, but Ben as a much better QB. Ben has an above average arm (not quite elite) but he's wildly inconsistent. His throwing mechanics elude him quite a bit and keep him from being considered among the top 'throwers' in football, IMO.

As for Palmer/Gabbert - Pre-injury, Palmer could move when he had to. He wasn't a runner, but that was a mentality thing, IMO. He showed ample athletic ability when the situation demanded it.

Underrated on this board.

There are plenty of posters who don't even view Big Ben as a franchise QB. And he throws a nice ball. Recent evidence is a bit misleading b/c his lines have been horseshit and he's generally under much duress.

Regarding Palmer, mechanically he's a coach's wet dream, and I don't think anyone in the league throws a comparable ball, so it's hard for me to compare a still very raw college soph. to him.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:46 PM
If I was as stupid as you are I certainly wouldn't be advertising it on a message board for thousands of people to read.

You need someone to change your old man diaper eh?

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Ya know... I'm not a Mangino fan. (MU/KU thing and all) but I've never thought of him as being an asshole.

Yeah, he's been a fucking douche in certain situations. Got in some trouble for bitching at some refs during his son's high school game, and there are the YouTube videos of him ripping his players' asses.

I don't consider the latter a problem, however.

TO has had to talk to BP about his demeanor and temper, however. and Bo has even said publicly that he needs to clean up his act a bit.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:49 PM
You need someone to change your old man diaper eh?

You're just jealous that I get more money from sitting at home than you get working at McDonalds. You are the definition of retard.

KcMizzou
09-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah, he's been a ****ing douche in certain situations. Got in some trouble for bitching at some refs during his son's high school game, and there are the YouTube videos of him ripping his players' asses.
Wow... I missed all that.

DJ's left nut
Ya know... I'm not a Mangino fan. (MU/KU thing and all) but I've never thought of him as being an asshole.

Neither does anyone else (not on the field anyway). DN is referring to Pelini's field demeanor.

The nub's just talking out his ass again.

Though I do disagree with Deeznuts on this one, I think Pelini is a great fit for NU and he'll turn that program into a legit Big XII north threat every season. At the same time, the years of NE challenging for a title every season are pretty much over.

Chocolate Hog
You're just jealous that I get more money from sitting at home than you get working at McDonalds. You are the definition of retard.

Whatever dude you're old and senile. I'm such a dumbass yet you've responded to everyone one my post in this thread, called me childish then threaten to neg rep me. Your butt hurt is comic gold.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Whatever dude you're old and senile. I'm such a dumbass yet you've responded to everyone one my post in this thread, called me childish then threaten to neg rep me. Your butt hurt is comic gold.

You're not smart enough to recognize when you are getting pisspounded. I usually don't take advantage of the feeble minded but I'll make an exception in your case.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:55 PM
You're not smart enough to recognize when you are getting pisspounded. I usually don't take advantage of the feeble minded but I'll make an exception in your case.

Piss pounded? Sounds like something you used to do at the bath houses.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Is your name really billay or did you misspell billy? Damn you're dumb.

Coach
09-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow... I missed all that.

Dude, where the hell have you been living? In a cave?

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/092802/spo_mangino.shtml

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:57 PM
That was lame. If only you could keep your cock up for as long as you've kept up your butthurt. You'd save some money on Viagra.

Coach
09-07-2009, 09:58 PM
All right, knock it off you two. If you want to continue your dick fight, go create a new thread, please.

People are more interested in about Missouri, Gabbert, Big XII football, etc. Not who's dick is bigger than who's.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
That was lame. If only you could keep your cock up for as long as you've kept up your butthurt. You'd save some money on Viagra.

Yeah, I'm old. Is that all you got? You'll never make it to my age because you are too stupid. A truck will run over you

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Coach what also wasn't mentioned was the game vs Texas that KU lost and Mangino was bitching about the BCS. Notice how he didn't bitch when Mizzou got screwed and KU made it to the BCS.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I realize you crawled out of the shallow end of the gene pool. Please don't breed.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Your butt hurt is comedy. Now do what coach said and STFU.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
All right, knock it off you two. If you want to continue your dick fight, go create a new thread, please.

People are more interested in about Missouri, Gabbert, Big XII football, etc. Not who's dick is bigger than who's.

Whose, not who's

KcMizzou
09-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Whose, not who'sLMAO

Rep.

Coach
09-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Whose, not who's

You know what I mean, Mr. Grammar Police Officer. Now, will you do what I respectfully asked you two to do?

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Your butt hurt is comedy. Now do what coach said and STFU.

Yeah, you're sufficiently beaten down, for tonight.

KcMizzou
09-07-2009, 10:05 PM
You know what I mean, Mr. Grammar Police Officer. Now, will you do what I respectfully asked you two to do?Come on... that was funny.

Skip Towne
09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
LMAO

Rep.

Thanks, I'll return the rep. I guess I should apologize for beating Billay up but he had the temerity to question Pitt Gorillas degree the other day. It was all I could take of him.

alanm
09-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Am I the only one who gets the impression that Billay is Sam Hall's little brother?

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 11:24 PM
The talk about Pelini's temper stopped last year after the Virginia Tech game. It wasn't a problem after that game. The problem on this board was that everyone saw that game.

Sam Hall
09-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Am I the only one who gets the impression that Billay is Sam Hall's little brother?

I'm not on drugs

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm not on drugs

LMAO

alanm
09-07-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm not on drugsYou and your Ma better be setting up a intervention then.
j/k

KcMizzou
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks, I'll return the rep. I guess I should apologize for beating Billay up but he had the temerity to question Pitt Gorillas degree the other day. It was all I could take of him.Yeah, I saw that. He deserves everything he gets, IMO.

kepp
09-08-2009, 09:13 AM

I have a feeling you need to be more specific on what you mean by "out".

Skip Towne
09-08-2009, 09:16 AM
I have a feeling you need to be more specific on what you mean by "out".

Yeah, I see what you mean.

kepp
09-08-2009, 09:27 AM
...and there are the YouTube videos of him ripping his players' asses

I know its kU...but TMI.

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2009, 11:33 PM
I haven't seen him yet, but is his arm strength in the Brett Favre category?