PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Practice Squad Announced, Richardson Waived.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 01:18 AM
My biggest question is why the fuck Copper is on the roster. It harkens back to the days of Chris Thomas and Larry Parker.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 01:19 AM
My gut feeling is a Red Baron pizza making it's way to the poop-hole.

Simply Red
09-07-2009, 01:19 AM
I need to take a shower and go to bed. I's 1:15 ****ing am. And oh shit I didn't do my laundry. God ****ing damnit.

I swear to god I'd rather talk about Peanut Buster Parfaits.

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 01:20 AM
I swear to god I'd rather talk about Peanut Buster Parfaits.I'm glad to get that blizzard shit out of my system. I can handle about one every two months.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 01:20 AM
My biggest question is why the fuck Copper is on the roster. It harkens back to the days of Chris Thomas and Larry Parker.

HELLO?!?!?!
<<<<<

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2009, 01:21 AM
If I had a child like you I would have skinned it alive with a potato peeler. Your father should be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity for not sucking you out of your mother's cunt with a Shop-Vac when he had the chance.

http://i29.tinypic.com/smgh3p.jpg

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 01:50 AM
My gut feeling is a Red Baron pizza making it's way to the poop-hole.

I went to a community picnic tonight. I ate the greasiest food imaginable and I ended up on throne for 3 hours.

Hopefully Mr. Red Baron is kinder to your stomach than the shit I ate.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 02:00 AM
I went to a community picnic tonight. I ate the greasiest food imaginable and I ended up on throne for 3 hours.

Hopefully Mr. Red Baron is kinder to your stomach than the shit I ate.

LMAO Mr. Red Baron is a kind and gentle Colon Soldier.

Simply Red
09-07-2009, 02:05 AM
LMAO Mr. Red Baron is a kind and gentle Colon Soldier.

After all these years, Red Baron still selling frozen pies. I credit the bold black box, it always looks so good in the freezer case, nice marketing.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 02:07 AM
After all these years, Red Baron still selling frozen pies. I credit the bold black box, it always looks so good in the freezer case, nice marketing.

I still can't believe Tony's are still selling pies; those things are utter shite.

Simply Red
09-07-2009, 02:09 AM
I still can't believe Tony's are still selling pies; those things are utter shite.

Tonys pepperoni's require blotting w/ a paper towel for the puddles of grease it cooks off. It's sorta gnarly.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Tonys pepperoni's require blotting w/ a paper towel for the puddles of grease it cooks off. It's sorta gnarly.

The pepperoni's all curl up and shit. The crust is god-awful, the sauce is weak, and the cheese is like rubber.

Simply Red
09-07-2009, 02:16 AM
The pepperoni's all curl up and shit. The crust is god-awful, the sauce is weak, and the cheese is like rubber.

si, RB is tough to beat, I'd prefer theirs over most, they're pretty legit quality as far as frozen pizzas are concerned.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 02:18 AM
si, RB is tough to beat, I'd prefer it over most, they're pretty legit quality as far as frozen pizzas are concerned.

I had the French Bread variety, so I was fairly pleased.

MahiMike
09-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Well, I'm hoping we're not done acquiring players yet. Pashos?

bringbackmarty
09-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I could give a half a shit about what happens to Barry Richardson, but the entire OL isn't real good, and we have no depth, so yeah, it's puzzling.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Well, I'm hoping we're not done acquiring players yet. Pashos?

Pashos signed with San Francisco.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-07-2009, 11:01 AM
my god how could we waive the next willie roaf

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 11:41 AM
The Patriot Way solved Fermat's last Theorem. Just trust it, it's worked in <del> Cleveland, New York, and Notre Dame</del>.

Sorry, that was my critical thinking skills getting in the way. I meant to say, "Pioli, Pioli, Pioli".

Outstanding! LMAO

I need to keep up on these cut day threads.

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 12:22 PM
The word martyr really needs to stop being thrown around on football discussion it's ****ing stupid.

People disagree on a forum big ****ing deal but this martyr shit is retard to a huge degree.

LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 12:27 PM
this thread is starting to feel cathartic

Ground Hog Day.

Bill Murray wakes up and hears: "Babe... I got YOU, babe"

Mr. Krab
09-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Starting at wide receiver for the Kansas City Chiefs - Terrence Copper

w00t!!!!!!!!!

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Damn... That was a long thread. Funny as hell too.

Halfcan
09-07-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm melting down.

We claimed a ****ing stiff off of waivers from the New England Patriots because this team that allegedly sent scouts to preseason games all over the place can't find one ****ing decent O-Lineman any ****ing where else than a useless ****ing stiff who can't even ****ing stay on the field, even as a ****in backup for the only team that ****ing Scott Pioloi believes has any players worth his ****ing time.

**** him and the ****ing Patriot ****ing way.

At least the didnt just trade a high first round pick for Seymore-LOL

orange
09-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I had the French Bread variety, so I was fairly pleased.

http://frozenlunchreview.com/image.axd?picture=french_bread_box.jpg

Buehler445
09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Heh. There is some good discussion in this thread.

My take is that there are several :spock: moves, and I am horridly concerned about the OL, but the good news is that we have something to debate instead of just wallowing in the stink that Squirmin Herman motherfucking sack of cunt Edwards infested our team with.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
But why are they drafting guys like Washington instead of offensive linemen who get cut from the team they were drafted by and then sail through the waiver system?

Well, maybe, just maybe..........

The 3-4 will be what McCarthy termed his "starting point" on defense. At times, he said the Packers would work from a 4-3 "under" front. And depending on the opponent and circumstances, they'll play up to 50% of games in nickel defenses, which McCarthy calls his sub packages.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/40068242.html

Holy shit, imagine that! It's just possible that this front office actually knows what the hell it's doing by trying to make sure it's got 4 healthy and dependable cornerbacks so there's coverage if one goes down to injury.

I mean, I understand that Capers and McCarty don't know shit in comparison to some of the geniuses on this board, but there's probably still a .00000000000000000000000000000000001% chance that Pioli had a clue after all.

donkhater
09-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I still don't see why anyone on this board should feel upset about Pioli and Haley letting go of ANYONE that started for a 2-14 team, let alone any player on arguably the worst unit on the team.

If they can't dump starters from this O-line, then we just as well give up.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 02:50 PM
I still don't see why anyone on this board should feel upset about Pioli and Haley letting go of ANYONE that started for a 2-14 team, let alone any player on arguably the worst unit on the team.

If they can't dump starters from this O-line, then we just as well give up.

No, you don't understand. They didn't find the 25 year olds who are already multi-time All Pros to replace those O-lineman, after all this time, and it's been almost 9 months.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 03:02 PM

The pro-Pioli folks gushed over how he was responsible for 3 SB wins, has won numerous Executive of the Year awards, and how he was going to come here and cure cancer, all while leading the organization out of the Dark Ages and into contending for a division title Year One.
l.

bullshit. bullshit. some here have said we might challenge for the div. title this year BUT it was more due to the rest of our division and the % of games we lost by 7 pts or less last year. no one said he would cure cancer NO ONE you are making that up. and most people are giving him a chance and KNOW it will take more than one year. it SEEMS like YOU and the ones like YOU expect it to happen NOW NOW NOW. see you have complained about EVERY FUCKING MOVE sans the gonzo trade. give it some time and see how it all works out.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
You don't discuss, you preach. I'm sorry if you can't convert all of us to your line of thinking.

BEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Warpath is full of shit. He was probably happy the Chiefs hired Pioli now he's trying to act like Pioli doesn't know shit.

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Ground Hog Day.

Bill Murray wakes up and hears: "Babe... I got YOU, babe"

indeed

it is kind of a bizarre and amazing thread, in which absolutely nothing original was said for over 500 posts

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Warpath is full of shit. He was probably happy the Chiefs hired Pioli now he's trying to act like Pioli doesn't know shit.

If you'd paid any attention, you'd know that my choice would have been Eric DeCosta of the Ravens.

Not Scott Pioli.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
If you'd paid any attention, you'd know that my choice would have been Eric DeCosta of the Ravens.

Not Scott Pioli.

So you weren't happy the Chiefs hired Pioli?

Chocolate Hog

Not Scott Pioli.

Intresting choice. He's never been the man neither has Pioli but I imagine Pioli has an ego sometimes that gets in the way of drafting good talent.

JASONSAUTO
I don't give a shit if they are ranked 20th.

If it their so-called "improvement" doesn't lead to wins, who gives a shit.

31st last year, say they get to 25th this year, but still go 2-14.

Were they really improved?

LMAO obviously yes

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
So you weren't happy the Chiefs hired Pioli?

Like I said, he wasn't my first choice, he wasn't my second either.

I wouldn't say I was happy about it, but I wasn't upset about it either.

Fairly lukewarm. I've thought all along that BB is the guy pulling the strings in NE, and there was more red flags than people were willing to acknowledge.

And as I've said many, many times before, I sincerely hope I'm 100% wrong.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Like I said, he wasn't my first choice, he wasn't my second either.

I wouldn't say I was happy about it, but I wasn't upset about it either.

Fairly lukewarm. I've thought all along that BB is the guy pulling the strings in NE, and there was more red flags than people were willing to acknowledge.

And as I've said many, many times before, I sincerely hope I'm 100% wrong.

Who was your 2nd choice?

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Who was your 2nd choice?

Doug Whaley in Pittsburgh.

Mr. Krab
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
You don't discuss, you preach. I'm sorry if you can't convert all of us to your line of thinking.
I think i love you. I've never gone "that way" before but how about i buy you a beer and we discuss it. o:-)

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 03:22 PM
indeed

it is kind of a bizarre and amazing thread, in which absolutely nothing original was said for over 500 posts

C'mon, they're giving you pearls....

MEREDITH!

32 teams suck because they either cut him or didn't claim him on waivers.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 03:27 PM
C'mon, they're giving you pearls....

MEREDITH!

32 teams suck because they either cut him or didn't claim him on waivers.

Who's in more desperate need of OL that should have signed him?

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Who's in more desperate need of OL that should have signed him?

Every team in the league let him get away. Every single team.

That doesn't mean he's a stiff, and it doesn't mean that he won't one day be a serviceable/good/great player. It does mean that nobody thought he was worth a roster spot. This "more desperate" argument has been crap from the beginning. You don't come into a new team, blow things up the way Pioli has, and then rebuild out of desperation.

You start building a team according to what you wish, plugging in holes with placekeepers in the spots you think need them.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Every team in the league let him get away. Every single team.

That doesn't mean he's a stiff, and it doesn't mean that he won't one day be a serviceable/good/great player. It does mean that nobody thought he was worth a roster spot. This "more desperate" argument has been crap from the beginning. You don't come into a new team, blow things up the way Pioli has, and then rebuild out of desperation.

You start building a team according to what you wish, plugging in holes with placekeepers in the spots you think need them.

First, let me say this isn't about Meridith to me. I think they made a good move in claiming O'Callaghan to potentially fill the gaping hole at RT.

However, had they not grossly misjudged what they had back in February, would we be desperate now?

They had the entire FA period to fill holes on the OL, and came away with Mike Goff, who hasn't shown anything other than the fact that he might be as bad as Adrian fucking Jones.

They had the draft to fill some holes, and walked away with Colin Brown, who didn't make the fucking team.

Sorry, but all I've heard since the day he was hired is that Pioli's a fucking genius, Executive of the Decade, blah, blah, blah.

Asking the guy to upgrade a few holes on the worst OL in the NFL in 6 months time isn't asking that much, is it?

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
dude...

The drafturbators are experts...

If they say Meredith is good, he's fucking good! Who cares what the other 32 NFL GM's think! They don't know shit...Mecca > any NFL GM!

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
First, let me say this isn't about Meridith to me. I think they made a good move in claiming O'Callaghan to potentially fill the gaping hole at RT.

However, had they not grossly misjudged what they had back in February, would we be desperate now?

They had the entire FA period to fill holes on the OL, and came away with Mike Goff, who hasn't shown anything other than the fact that he might be as bad as Adrian ****ing Jones.

They had the draft to fill some holes, and walked away with Colin Brown, who didn't make the ****ing team.

Sorry, but all I've heard since the day he was hired is that Pioli's a ****ing genius, Executive of the Decade, blah, blah, blah.

Asking the guy to upgrade a few holes on the worst OL in the NFL in 6 months time isn't asking that much, is it?

I think we should fire him...

Biggest mistake ever was getting rid of Carl...man, I wish we still had Carl =(

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I think we should fire him...

Biggest mistake ever was getting rid of Carl...man, I wish we still had Carl =(

You are a moron

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 03:42 PM

They had the entire FA period to fill holes on the OL, and came away with Mike Goff, who hasn't shown anything other than the fact that he might be as bad as Adrian fucking Jones.

They had the draft to fill some holes, and walked away with Colin Brown, who didn't make the fucking team.

Sorry, but all I've heard since the day he was hired is that Pioli's a fucking genius, Executive of the Decade, blah, blah, blah.

honest question here: what would YOU have done about the o-line in FA?

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 03:43 PM
honest question here: what would YOU have done about the o-line in FA?

Signed Jason Brown.

Moved Niswanger to guard, where he belongs.

Drafted a RT.

That's just one of several scenarios I was pushing back in March.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 03:43 PM

They had the entire FA period to fill holes on the OL, and came away with Mike Goff, who hasn't shown anything other than the fact that he might be as bad as Adrian ****ing Jones.

They had the draft to fill some holes, and walked away with Colin Brown, who didn't make the ****ing team.

Sorry, but all I've heard since the day he was hired is that Pioli's a ****ing genius, Executive of the Decade, blah, blah, blah.

You're making assertions and acting as if you know them for facts. The Patriots played the Chiefs last season. They prepared for them, scouted them, etc... Pioli took over the Chiefs at the end of the season. Pioli looked at players, coaches, scouts, etc... in the limited time he had to prepare for coaching changes, free agency, the draft and everything else.

Do you really think he thought the Chiefs were just loaded with talent, and screwed the pooch? Is that seriously your position?

If not, then your argument makes no sense. When you can't change 53 spots in one season, you change some and hope the others hold up. As a general rule, some will hold up, some will actually improve and some will fail. That's the way of it when you take over a flaming trainwreck like the Chiefs. You knew this before Pioli took over, you knew this before and after the draft, and you know this now.

Acting as if this is anything but normal is idiotic. If this team had gotten an All Pro and drafted two offensive linemen, you'd be complaining that the team hadn't addressed the defensive line.

kstater
09-07-2009, 03:44 PM
You are a moron

I'm fairly confident it's you who's the moron.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Signed Jason Brown.

Moved Niswanger to guard, where he belongs.

Drafted a RT.

That's just one of several scenarios I was pushing back in March.

i was for brown also. BUT he signed for BIG money for a center. BIG. you bash the money we gave jackson but it would be ok to give brown more money than any center has ever made IIRC?

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
i was for brown also. BUT he signed for BIG money for a center. BIG. you bash the money we gave jackson but it would be ok to give brown more money than any center has ever made IIRC?

they look for anything to bitch about and bitch about it...if we signed Brown for that contract...it would have been bitched about

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 03:51 PM
they look for anything to bitch about and bitch about it...if we signed Brown for that contract...it would have been bitched about

It's all about Sanchez. It's amazing that a whole group of allegedly smart and knowledgeable posters can't pull the Sanchez panties out of their vaginas and move on.

Reaper16
09-07-2009, 03:53 PM
It's all about Sanchez. It's amazing that a whole group of allegedly smart and knowledgeable posters can't pull the Sanchez panties out of their vaginas and move on.
And the only people that keep bringing him up are the ones who are annoyed by it.

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 03:53 PM

This gets brought up all the time, but it's ridiculously untrue.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 03:54 PM

Wow, look who brings it up once again.

Not one of the guys that supposedly "can't let it go."

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
at least they aren't bitching about Tyson Jackson anymore...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow, look who brings it up once again.

Not one of the guys that supposedly "can't let it go."

http://i40.tinypic.com/xej4th.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 03:58 PM

Not getting Sanchez may be the one thing this regime regrets as we look back. My opinion was he would have been the best thing for the franchise. The reason people still have the red ass over it is legit.

This franchise has failed to develop a QB from the draft since I was a kid. And I mean a real franchise QB. And the guys who wanted Sanchez, wanted him bad. I don't blame them for their feelings.

I could ramble on, but frankly, these things are out of my control and I've learned to live that. It's sports. It doesn't affect me.

But that's just me.

OnTheWarpath58

Yeah, and we all knew it would take big money to get him to play here.

It's not like we weren't $40M under the salary cap, or still well below the salary floor...

The original point stands.

If he's the great GM that everyone claims he is, is it really asking that much to find an upgrade or 2 to the worst OL in the league?

Nobody's asking him to have upgraded from SPAM to Filet Mignon.

Christ, a fried bologna sandwich should have been that hard to come by.

'Hamas' Jenkins
at least they aren't bitching about Tyson Jackson anymore...

No matter how many cocks you try to let tickle your uvula, no one's going to let you sit at their table.

Now go cut yourself.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
And the only people that keep bringing him up are the ones who are annoyed by it.

This.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Not getting Sanchez may be the one thing this regime regrets as we look back. My opinion was he would have been the best thing for the franchise. The reason people still have the red ass over it is legit.

This franchise has failed to develop a QB from the draft since I was a kid. And I mean a real franchise QB. And the guys who wanted Sanchez, wanted him bad. I don't blame them for their feelings.

I could ramble on, but frankly, these things are out of my control and I've learned to live that. It's sports. It doesn't affect me.

But that's just me.

God damn those Jets are morons!

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Yeah, and we all knew it would take big money to get him to play here.

It's not like we weren't $40M under the salary cap, or still well below the salary floor...

The original point stands.

If he's the great GM that everyone claims he is, is it really asking that much to find an upgrade or 2 to the worst OL in the league?

Nobody's asking him to have upgraded from SPAM to Filet Mignon.

Christ, a fried bologna sandwich should have been that hard to come by.

you are the one who always says" you cant have it both ways". you bitch about the jackson deal, and then say we should have paid brown more money than ANY center in history AFTER baltimore (who's GM was YOUR first choice BTW) let him walk. isnt that a little hypocritical?

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 04:03 PM
And awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we go!

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 04:04 PM
The Ravens had to let Brown go cuz they had to re-sign Lewis and Suggs. Also weren't they contending to get Scott signed too?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 04:04 PM
you are the one who always says" you cant have it both ways". you bitch about the jackson deal, and then say we should have paid brown more money than ANY center in history AFTER baltimore (who's GM was YOUR first choice BTW) let him walk. isnt that a little hypocritical?

DeCosta isn't the GM, Sauto. Now go suck off a carburetor.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:05 PM

How is that hypocritical?

You have to overpay Tier 1 FA's to come here to play for a loser.

The Jackson pick has nothing to do with it.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:05 PM
DeCosta isn't the GM, Sauto. Now go suck off a carburetor.

ok sorry but he's part of the brain trust there no?

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2009, 04:06 PM
No matter how many cocks you try to let tickle your uvula, no one's going to let you sit at their table.

Now go cut yourself.

OMG I AM LEAVING THIS BOARD FOREVER OMG I CAN'T TAKE IT OMG

LMAO

Fuckin' you and Mecca...crybabies.

Go crawl back in your hole.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:08 PM
How is that hypocritical?

You have to overpay Tier 1 FA's to come here to play for a loser.

The Jackson pick has nothing to do with it.

both are secondary positions. you bash because we paid a 5 tech more money than any in history because he has no name. yet you would be ok with paying brown more money because why? oh thats right YOU wanted him. guess what? so did i. but was he worth more money than ANY center in history? i dont believe so.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 04:08 PM
And awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we go!

It's funny as fuck! Sanchez has one bad showing against Baltimore, and the TF's are just licking their chops like dogs around a Christmas Goose.
"I'm vindicated"! "I rule"! they said.

And then Sanchez just throws the ball down their dumbassed, ignorant throats on his last two outings against good teams.

You can't BUY entertainment of this variety.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:12 PM
both are secondary positions. you bash because we paid a 5 tech more money than any in history because he has no name. yet you would be ok with paying brown more money because why? oh thats right YOU wanted him. guess what? so did i. but was he worth more money than ANY center in history? i dont believe so.

Center is a secondary position?

Holy Jesus Tits.

And for the last fucking time, you illiterate fuck, I don;t have a problem with the money they gave Jackson - they had no choice but to pay him slot.

I have a problem with using that high of a pick on a complementary position.

Especially when he wasn't graded much higher than guys that play the same position, but went in the 3rd fucking round.

That's terrible value.

|Zach|
09-07-2009, 04:13 PM

But that's just me.

I have no idea if some of these guys even like sports.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Center is a secondary position?

Holy Jesus Tits.

And for the last fucking time, you illiterate fuck, I don;t have a problem with the money they gave Jackson - they had no choice but to pay him slot.

I have a problem with using that high of a pick on a complementary position.

Especially when he wasn't graded much higher than guys that play the same position, but went in the 3rd fucking round.

That's terrible value.

one i'm not illiterate, you threw a fucking fit when we finally signed him. like you didnt realize what he was going top make. and where would YOU rank center on priorities on the o line? 1 st 2nd 3rd? and to keep saying he wasnt graded much higher is fucking stupid. he was drafted in the first and almost EVERYONE had him there, the guy who went in the third was projected to go right around there IIRC so what does that tell you?

so you can take your hurt feelings and upset vagina over the pioli hire and every subsequent move and shove them right up your douchebag ass you cocksucker

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 04:21 PM
It's funny as ****! Sanchez has one bad showing against Baltimore, and the TF's are just licking their chops like dogs around a Christmas Goose.
"I'm vindicated"! "I rule"! they said.

And then Sanchez just throws the ball down their dumbassed, ignorant throats on his last two outings against good teams.

You can't BUY entertainment of this variety.

It's going to continue when guys are entrenched in their ideas.

But history hasn't moved forward yet. We haven't played a real down. And if this team wins three games, I'll be completely surprised.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:21 PM
one i'm not illiterate, you threw a fucking fit when we finally signed him. like you didnt realize what he was going top make. and where would YOU rank center on priorities on the o line? 1 st 2nd 3rd? and to keep saying he wasnt graded much higher is fucking stupid. he was drafted in the first and almost EVERYONE had him there, the guy who went in the third was projected to go right around there IIRC so what does that tell you?

so you can take your hurt feelings and upset vagina over the pioli hire and every subsequent move and shove them right up your douchebag ass you cocksucker

The center is the QB of the OL, makes all the line calls, etc.

To compare center to a 5-technique is fucking embarassing.

And FWIW, there were several scouting services that said Jarron Gilbert was the highest graded 5-tech in the draft - Mecca and Hams will both back me up on that.

So this idea of Jackson being a cant-miss, worth a Top 3 pick prospect is extremely disingenuous.

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 04:23 PM

Actaully, I think it shows how much some of them love sports.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:24 PM
The center is the QB of the OL, makes all the line calls, etc.

To compare center to a 5-technique is fucking embarassing.

And FWIW, there were several scouting services that said Jarron Gilbert was the highest graded 5-tech in the draft - Mecca and Hams will both back me up on that.

So this idea of Jackson being a cant-miss, worth a Top 3 pick prospect is extremely disingenuous.

and MLB is the qb of the defense would you have wanted to pay curry or a FA mlb more than any in history? compare d line and o line where do they rank respectively? lt #1, NT in a 3-4 #1 etc...

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Jackson and Gilbert were considered the top 2 3-4 DE's....Jackson was always projected higher and in the 1st round than Gilbert was but there wasn't 2 full rounds separating those guys in what they are.

I wonder more about why they didn't take Gilbert instead of Magee since Gilbert was better thought of, fit what they were doing more and is more athletic.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:26 PM
and OTW the only person here right now disingenous is you IMO, you say shit and then TOTALLY gloss over things people post that show you are wrong and say the EXACT same shit over and over and over...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Jackson had the highest grades from most of the scouts due to his low ceiling and high motor. He lost points due to a relative lack of production in college, his inconsistency at splitting double teams, and pretty weak upper body (I think he did fewer reps than the USC kicker, FWIW).

Gilbert would have been ranked high by some, but not all, due to his freakish athleticism and schematic versatility. Tyson Jackson can play LE in a 4-3 and 5 Technique, and that's it. Gilbert could play RDE in a 4-3 or a Tampa 2 (what the Bears drafted him for), and he can also slide in as a three technique in a 4-3, LDE, or a five technique in a 3-4. The only position he couldn't play is 0 technique.

I was pretty high on Gilbert, but I would have never taken him before Jackson. However, I wouldn't have taken Jackson at 3 and Magee in round 3, skipping over Raji and Gilbert.

Raji plays the most important position on the defense, and Gilbert offers more upside than Magee with an acceptable bust rate for a 3rd round pick. He could also become a dynamic playmaker that Magee can't.

If you were dead set on improving the DL, I would think that you'd want to go something like this:

1.Raji
3.Gilbert

Instead of

1. Jackson
2. Magee

Hell, bringing next year's draft into it. If the Chiefs are still desperate for a 0 tech and have a top pick, would you rather have these be the anchors of your D:

Jackson, Cody, Magee

or

Gilbert, Raji, Dorsey and Taylor Mays/ Eric Berry

Hell, even if you fucking LOVED Jackson and Magee, they could have gone after Sammie Lee Hill in round 4.

Reaper16
09-07-2009, 04:28 PM
That's horseshit and you know it.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Jackson and Gilbert were considered the top 2 3-4 DE's....Jackson was always projected higher and in the 1st round than Gilbert was but there wasn't 2 full rounds separating those guys in what they are.

I wonder more about why they didn't take Gilbert instead of Magee since Gilbert was better thought of, fit what they were doing more and is more athletic.

WHAT WHAT???????????? otw just said that you would back him up on this!!!!! so other teams just didnt think as high of gilbert as the scouting services did.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Jackson had the highest grades from most of the scouts due to his low ceiling and high motor. He lost points due to a relative lack of production in college, his inconsistency at splitting double teams, and pretty weak upper body (I think he did fewer reps than the USC kicker, FWIW).

Gilbert would have been ranked high by some, but not all, due to his freakish athleticism and schematic versatility. Tyson Jackson can play LE in a 4-3 and 5 Technique, and that's it. Gilbert could play RDE in a 4-3 or a Tampa 2 (what the Bears drafted him for), and he can also slide in as a three technique in a 4-3, LDE, or a five technique in a 3-4. The only position he couldn't play is 0 technique.

I was pretty high on Gilbert, but I would have never taken him before Jackson. However, I wouldn't have taken Jackson at 3 and Magee in round 3, skipping over Raji and Gilbert.

Raji plays the most important position on the defense, and Gilbert offers more upside than Magee with an acceptable bust rate for a 3rd round pick. He could also become a dynamic playmaker that Magee can't.

HOLY FUCK you arent gonna back him either?????? OTW this kinda shows that YOU are the disingenious one here huh?

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Well to be frank Jarron Gilbert has freak athletic gifts great size and can basically play every position on either defense but nose tackle. But the guy for his amazing production did it at San Jose State so no I would tell you that Jackson was going higher because he's a safer pick.

I'll argue they should have taken him over Magee though, Gilbert's upside is tremendous with major versatility it would have been worth the risk there.

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Actaully, I think it shows how much some of them love sports.

actually, i think it shows how much they love themselves...it is literally hysteria at this point....saything the same thing over and over, louder and louder, every single day for months.....why?

there isn't a single person from here to singapore that doesn't know what they think, 100000000 times over

or maybe it's ocd...

Mecca
HOLY FUCK you arent gonna back him either?????? OTW this kinda shows that YOU are the disingenious one here huh?

I think OTW is trying to make the point he doesn't feel a ton separated Jackson and Gilbert so we could have taken someone else in the 1st like Raji and still gotten the 5 tech.

JASONSAUTO
I'll argue they should have taken him over Magee though, Gilbert's upside is tremendous with major versatility it would have been worth the risk there.

that has nothing to do with this though. nice try though

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:32 PM
WHAT WHAT???????????? otw just said that you would back him up on this!!!!! so other teams just didnt think as high of gilbert as the scouting services did.

He just made my point for me, you fucking dolt.

There wasn't 2 rounds worth of difference between them.

And Hamas goes on to say that Gilbert is more versatile than Jackson.

Reading is fundamental.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I think OTW is trying to make the point he doesn't feel a ton separated Jackson and Gilbert so we could have taken someone else in the 1st like Raji and still gotten the 5 tech.

who REALLY cares how HE feels?

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:34 PM
It's actually a solid argument with OTW's idea you fill 2 positions not one and we have a NT which we don't have now.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:34 PM
and OTW the only person here right now disingenous is you IMO, you say shit and then TOTALLY gloss over things people post that show you are wrong and say the EXACT same shit over and over and over...

Wow, project much?

We can't all accuse someone of throwing a fit over the Jackson signing, only to have the guy being questioned go back through the thread to find out that he made ONE comment out of 67 posts in the thread that even MENTIONED Tyson Jackson.

What are you going to make up next, stalker?

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:36 PM

He just made my point for me, you fucking dolt.

There wasn't 2 rounds worth of difference between them.

And Hamas goes on to say that Gilbert is more versatile than Jackson.

Reading is fundamental.

you are right READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. here are YOUR two posts where in the first one did you say ANYTHING about 2 rounds of difference? where did you say versatile?

YOU SAID, you fucking idiot, THAT GILBERT WAS HIGHER RATED AND THEY WOULD BACK YOU, sorry didnt happen. in fact mecca said that jackson was ALWAYS higher rated and thought of as a 1st rounder, exactly what i said, BUT HE thought gilbert slipped

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:36 PM
It's actually a solid argument with OTW's idea you fill 2 positions not one and we have a NT which we don't have now.

And he says I'm the one glossing over things.

It's painfully obvious to anyone other than Sauto that Gilbert held more value in the 3rd round than Jackson did in the 1st.

But it's convenient for him to ignore my entire point, and continue with his usual, making shit up and claiming I said it.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow, project much?

We can't all accuse someone of throwing a fit over the Jackson signing, only to have the guy being questioned go back through the thread to find out that he made ONE comment out of 67 posts in the thread that even MENTIONED Tyson Jackson.

What are you going to make up next, stalker?

i'm not making anything up. and im not a stalker. dont put yourself on such a pedastal

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 04:38 PM
actually, i think it shows how much they love themselves...it is literally hysteria at this point....saything the same thing over and over, louder and louder, every single day for months.....why?

there isn't a single person from here to singapore that doesn't know what they think, 100000000 times over

or maybe it's ocd...

There is that possibility.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 04:38 PM
And he says I'm the one glossing over things.

It's painfully obvious to anyone other than Sauto that Gilbert held more value in the 3rd round than Jackson did in the 1st.
But it's convenient for him to ignore my entire point, and continue with his usual, making shit up and claiming I said it.

what does that have to do with what you said in your posts?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 04:41 PM

Jason,

Read the post again.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:41 PM
you are right READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. here are YOUR two posts where in the first one did you say ANYTHING about 2 rounds of difference? where did you say versatile?

YOU SAID, you fucking idiot, THAT GILBERT WAS HIGHER RATED AND THEY WOULD BACK YOU, sorry didnt happen. in fact mecca said that jackson was ALWAYS higher rated and thought of as a 1st rounder, exactly what i said, BUT HE thought gilbert slipped

Take your lips off the fucking tailpipe, and learn to read.

If you can't see the point I was trying to make, your a fucking retard.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 04:42 PM

No, it's not untrue. It's not untrue at all, in my estimation.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:42 PM
We both laid out what OTW was talking about, it's not that hard to grasp.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Jason,

Read the post again.

He's incapable.

Seriously, he follows me around and makes arguments out of the clear blue fucking sky.

Or makes false accusations, hoping I don't call him on it.

Like where I went crazy when we signed Jackson.

I went back and looked at the thread - I posted 67 times, and only mentioned Jackson ONCE. The rest of the thread was responding to JPB's dumbass game of trying to get Mecca to choose anyone BUT Sanchez.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:45 PM
He's incapable.

Seriously, he follows me around and makes arguments out of the clear blue fucking sky.

Or makes false accusations, hoping I don't call him on it.

Like where I went crazy when we signed Jackson.

I went back and looked at the thread - I posted 67 times, and only mentioned Jackson ONCE. The rest of the thread was responding to JPB's dumbass game of trying to get Mecca to choose anyone BUT Sanchez.

JPB is obsessed with claiming no one can let Sanchez go when he's the only still talking about him.

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 04:47 PM
No, it's not untrue. It's not untrue at all.

Sanchez is the underlying message for all of my posts, topic be damned.

When I'm bitching about the piss-poor management of the Royals, I'm really complaining about Pioli passing on Sanchez.

When I saw QT's new rack, all I could picture was Sanchez throwing a perfect strike to Keller across the middle.

6 degrees of Mark Sanchez.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 04:48 PM
It's going to continue when guys are entrenched in their ideas.

But history hasn't moved forward yet. We haven't played a real down. And if this team wins three games, I'll be completely surprised.

I don't think many people truly get what a long road we're on. If the goal is to build a "Patriot Way" roster where your second string is better than your opponents second string, we're talking 5 years at a minimum.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:49 PM

When I'm bitching about the piss-poor management of the Royals, I'm really complaining about Pioli passing on Sanchez.

When I saw QT's new rack, all I could picture was Sanchez throwing a perfect strike to Keller across the middle.

Haha, her nipples are really just little pictures of Mark Sanchez face.

Raised On Riots

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
Ok, let's break it down again

Let's say you really, really wanna fucking rebuild the defense. Say you just hate the 4-3 some some unfuckbeknown reason. Do you go after

A) Tyson Jackson, Alex Magee, Donald Washington

or

B) BJ Raji, Jarron Gilbert, Donald Washington

or perhaps

C) BJ Raji, Jarron Gilbert, Lawrence Sidbury (as a rush backer)

So, you go with C giving you

1) Two 5 Techniques with youth (Dorsey, Gilbert)
2) A rush backer with premium skills who can learn from a crafty vet (Sidbury)
3) A nose to command double teams, free up your backers and other guys to make plays, and who can get penetration

But whatever, man.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 04:50 PM

I wasn't referring to you in the first place.

milkman
09-07-2009, 04:53 PM
This same old argument is still raging.

Incredible.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:54 PM

http://i27.tinypic.com/2rem96p.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 04:55 PM

Let's say you really, really wanna fucking rebuild the defense. Say you just hate the 4-3 some some unfuckbeknown reason. Do you go after

or

or perhaps

3) A nose to command double teams, free up your backers and other guys to make plays, and who can get penetration

But whatever, man.

But, I thought you disagreed with me, and I'm being disingenuous?

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 04:55 PM
I wasn't referring to you in the first place.

I know, but my sarcasm was trying to replicate the voice of my betters from the Gang of 14.

Most, if not all, of us have moved on. Doesn't mean we agree, but we're talking/bitching about new things.

Now, if/when Cassel sucks shit, I'll be on here reminding a few posters about their love for our new "franchise" QB.

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 04:56 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2rem96p.jpg

LMAO

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I know, but my sarcasm was trying to replicate the voice of my betters from the Gang of 14.

Most, if not all, of us have moved on. Doesn't mean we agree, but we're talking/bitching about new things.

Now, if/when Cassel sucks shit, I'll be on here reminding a few posters about their love for our new "franchise" QB.

That's going to go over real well, especially if you bump that thread where no one wants him then changes their mind when we get him.

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM

Let's say you really, really wanna ****ing rebuild the defense. Say you just hate the 4-3 some some un****beknown reason. Do you go after

or

or perhaps

But whatever, man.If this is the day of the draft, I go Jackson over Raji because I think there were/are all kinds of red flags with Raji. Gilbert or Magee is a toss-up to me. I would have gone for Sidbury.

Anyway, it's kind of a meaningless question. It's over and done with. The issue now is where they find their NT going forward. 'cause they don't get do-overs or a wayback machine. So trades, waivers, cuts, this season or next offseason, where do they find that big body to replace Edwards on the depth chart?

DeezNutz
09-07-2009, 04:59 PM
That's going to go over real well, especially if you bump that thread where no one wants him then changes their mind when we get him.

It will be pissing into the wind because from this point forward, it will have to take something major for it to be regarded as Cassel's fault. Blame will go to the O-line, WRs, TEs, FBs--a KC favorite, by the way--, etc.

Kinda like how it took the Betancourt trade to wake Royals fans up to the fact that their GM is a ****ing embarrassment.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 04:59 PM
If this is the day of the draft, I go Jackson over Raji because I think there were/are all kinds of red flags with Raji. Gilbert or Magee is a toss-up to me. I would have gone for Sidbury.

Anyway, it's kind of a meaningless question. It's over and done with. The issue now is where they find their NT going forward. 'cause they don't get do-overs or a wayback machine. So trades, waivers, cuts, this season or next offseason, where do they find that big body to replace Edwards on the depth chart?

Sure it's over and done with but that's what we talk about on the forum otherwise it wouldn't be very active.

Hell the Aaron Rodgers thread reappeared so draft day stuff gets talked about for years.

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Sure it's over and done with but that's what we talk about on the forum otherwise it wouldn't be very active.I'm not saying don't talk about it, I'm trying to spur this into more of a 'what can they do' instead of a 'what should they have done'. Focusing on the problems doesn't do a whole lot if you can't come up with solutions.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Ha! McGraw's the starter.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 05:02 PM
OMG, Jon McGraw starting?

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 05:03 PM

Yep. Him and Brown. Page is out.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Ha! McGraw's the starter.

So? Is this some kind of last-ditch attempt to discredit Morgan in an effort to vindicate Pollard as he starts his first shift at McDonalds?

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 05:04 PM
So? Is this some kind of last-ditch attempt to discredit Morgan in an effort to vindicate Pollard as he starts his first shift at McDonalds?

What position does McGraw play, you dumb sonofabitch?

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 05:05 PM
So which one is the strong safety? Aren't they both free safeties?

beach tribe
09-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm melting down.

We claimed a ****ing stiff off of waivers from the New England Patriots because this team that allegedly sent scouts to preseason games all over the place can't find one ****ing decent O-Lineman any ****ing where else than a useless ****ing stiff who can't even ****ing stay on the field, even as a ****in backup for the only team that ****ing Scott Pioloi believes has any players worth his ****ing time.

**** him and the ****ing Patriot ****ing way.

Who, that has been waived, do you suggest over who we brought in?

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 05:07 PM
So which one is the strong safety? Aren't they both free safeties?

He plays fucking FREE SAFETY, NOT STRONG SAFETY. If GoChiefs would pay attention instead of running around in "defending my bullshit"-mode, he might just figure it the fuck out!

beach tribe
09-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Everything that has happened, and you guys still haven't figured out that the depth chart doesn't mean shit, and is basically just a tool to create competition, and get guys to push harder.

Wow. I really over estimated a lot of you.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Like this one, where people want no part of him?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198726&highlight=cassel

Or this one, where he comes in a distant 3rd behind Stafford and Sanchez?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=202420&highlight=cassel

To this, where people are claiming "In Pioli We Trust."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203311&highlight=cassel

Comedy fucking gold.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 05:09 PM
It will be pissing into the wind because from this point forward, it will have to take something major for it to be regarded as Cassel's fault. Blame will go to the O-line, WRs, TEs, FBs--a KC favorite, by the way--, etc.

This.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Everything that has happened, and you guys still haven't figured out that the depth chart doesn't mean shit, and is basically just a tool to create competition, and get guys to push harder.

Wow. I really over estimated a lot of you.

I just wanted to say OMG Jon McGraw is starting I never thought I'd get to say it.

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 05:11 PM
They have Brown listed as the strong safety, Morgan backing him up. Let's throw the oft-injured 5'10, 205 pound 31-year old like a dart at the o-line. Brilliant!

Morgan will be starting by midseason I'd guess.

Mecca
09-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Mike Brown will be lucky to last half a season...if you think Croyle is injury prone you ain't seen nothin yet.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 05:12 PM

Comedy fucking gold.

Awesome. Rep!

Look at this:

Originally Posted by RhodyPatsFan http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5309669#post5309669)
Should be interesting to see what the Pats do with him. I bet the QB tag will be closer to 12=13 mil.

Mecca:

They'll let him walk and take their 3rd round comp pick they'll get after some dumbass team gives him alot of money.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2009, 05:12 PM
What position does McGraw play, you dumb sonofabitch?

The Chiefs have been rotating the safety spots you dumb sonofabitch!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 05:57 PM

Comedy fucking gold.

God, what a bunch of fucking turncoat motherfuckers.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 06:00 PM
RustShack (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9232) <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5491293", true); </script> http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Go Cyclones!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar9232_4.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=9232)

Casino cash: $24962

<!-- message --> The one person who picked Cassel needs to drive to every single one of our houses so we can all bitch slap you for being such a fucking idiot.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/chief_fan822003/Sigs/Ljohnsonsig.png

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 06:07 PM
God, what a bunch of fucking turncoat motherfuckers.

Makes you kinda' hate people, donnit?:evil:

doomy3
09-07-2009, 06:09 PM
God, what a bunch of ****ing turncoat mother****ers.

Just curious, but who that voted in the poll for Sanchez is a turncoat motherfucker?

Because, that's really all that matters. We didn't have a chance at Stafford anyway.

gblowfish
09-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Run left....RUN LEFT!!!!!

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Just curious, but who that voted in the poll for Sanchez is a turncoat mother****er?

Because, that's really all that matters. We didn't have a chance at Stafford anyway.

the answer is no one

these guys have to believe it though to fuel the myth that they're message board freedom fighters.....

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Just curious, but who that voted in the poll for Sanchez is a turncoat motherfucker?

I know your smarter than this. Why are you narrowing it down to Sanchez? If you voted for either over Cassel, and then started sucking Cassel's dick after we dealt for him, you're exactly who he's talking about.

I know you see how people went from wanting no part of Cassel, to saying things like, "we would have just ruined a young QB behind this line anyway" AFTER we traded for Cassel.

When given a choice, no one wanted him.

Once he was here, people completely flip-flopped and made out like he was far and away the best option.

Yet the people that have stayed true to their opinion take shit for it.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 06:16 PM
I know your smarter than this. Why are you narrowing it down to Sanchez? If you voted for either over Cassel, and then started sucking Cassel's dick after we dealt for him, you're exactly who he's talking about.

I know you see how people went from wanting no part of Cassel, to saying things like, "we would have just ruined a young QB behind this line anyway" AFTER we traded for Cassel.

When given a choice, no one wanted him.

Once he was here, people completely flip-flopped and made out like he was far and away the best option.

Yet the people that have stayed true to their opinion take shit for it.

That part is true at least. Pioli would have absolutely ruined his career in KC, if not getting him killed outright.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I do think there is an element of the perceived bargain too though.

Most of the offseason, when Cassel was discussed nationally, it involved a first round pick. And I don't think anyone would have liked us giving up number 3 overall for him. A second though? That's a different story.

Same with Sanchez. Myself, and many others liked him if the pick was lower in the first, but didn't like him in the top 3.

Between the 3 QBs, I felt and still feel Stafford is/was the only one worth that

KCSupersized
09-07-2009, 06:23 PM
ArrowheadPrideBarry Richardson Returns; Chiefs Practice Squad Complete http://bit.ly/4eW7N
6 minutes ago from web

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 06:26 PM

YOU said that gilbert was HIGHER rated, you also said that hamas and mecca wo9uld back you. NEITHER have said that he was higher rated. in fact both have said he was lower rated but that there wasnt 2 rounds difference.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 06:27 PM
ArrowheadPrideBarry Richardson Returns; Chiefs Practice Squad Complete http://bit.ly/4eW7N
6 minutes ago from web

Perfect, so if we needed him we could just move him up. All these pages of crying for nothing.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I do think there is an element of the perceived bargain too though.

Most of the offseason, when Cassel was discussed nationally, it involved a first round pick. And I don't think anyone would have liked us giving up number 3 overall for him. A second though? That's a different story.

Same with Sanchez. Myself, and many others liked him if the pick was lower in the first, but didn't like him in the top 3.

Between the 3 QBs, I felt and still feel Stafford is/was the only one worth that

I'm still looking for the thread, but I posed a question asking if people thought that Cassel was capable of putting a team on his back and winning a Championship - point being that if you did, he's worth that high pick.

The vast majority said they thought he'd be solid, but not much more.

I don't see how getting him for a 2nd round pick should change someone's opinion on what they think he's capable of.

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
6 minutes ago from web

hilarious....this is what the message board warriors were melting down about....and he never left....

ROFL

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM

But that's just me.

I have said time and time again I wasn't a fan of Sanchez because of his lack of playing experience but I wouldn't have been pissed either if he was drafted because I would have trusted Pioli to make the right decision.

With that being said almost everybody on this board has now said that it doesn't matter who we put behind this O-Line they are going to get killed. The one thing Cassell has over Sanchez is his mobility which might be his saving grace come Sunday.

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 06:29 PM
hilarious....this is what the message board warriors were melting down about....and he never left....

ROFL

wow now those people look really really really fucking stupid.

People should calm the fuck down and let things transpire before blowing gaskets.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I guess the Chiefs feel B-Rich is worth exposing.

Considering O'Callaghan was coveted by the Browns I don't see the issue.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I have said time and time again I wasn't a fan of Sanchez because of his lack of playing experience but I wouldn't have been pissed either if he was drafted because I would have trusted Pioli to make the right decision.

With that being said almost everybody on this board has now said that it doesn't matter who we put behind this O-Line they are going to get killed. The one thing Cassell has over Sanchez is his mobility which might be his saving grace come Sunday.

It is?

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 06:34 PM
wow now those people look really really really fucking stupid.

People should calm the fuck down and let things transpire before blowing gaskets.

And yet the line still sucks.

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 06:34 PM
6 minutes ago from web

LMAO

Thanks for paying attention roundbo.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Gilbert would have been ranked high by some, but not all, due to his freakish athleticism and schematic versatility.
I was pretty high on Gilbert, but I would have never taken him before Jackson.

so here are the first posts. you said that gilbert was rated higher, THAT was what i disagreed with. they both disagreed with you in their posts.

i could give a shit about any of the other things said.

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I guess the Chiefs feel B-Rich is worth exposing.

Considering O'Callaghan was coveted by the Browns I don't see the issue.

he was, and just like hamon meredith no one wanted him....

but to chiefs fans it's another 600 post meltdown and proof the pioli is a fukwad loser...

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
LMAO

Thanks for paying attention roundbo.

i think this may be the most epic deployment of the phrase "full circle" in the history of the world....

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
It is?

I would say so. Cassell has good mobility we have seen it last year and now in the preseason. He is going to need it.

And yet the line still sucks.

You are pissing up the wrong tree I have been advocating fixing the O-line for 2 freaking years

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
so here are the first posts. you said that gilbert was rated higher, THAT was what i disagreed with. they both disagreed with you in their posts.

i could give a shit about any of the other things said.

Sauto, there were definitely scouts out there who rated Gilbert as a better prospect. He wasn't making an all-inclusive claim about their weighted draft grades, far from it.

And again, people who think that this thread is about cutting Richardson are really missing the boat. It's about the management of the roster. Hence milkman's blowup.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Sauto, there were definitely scouts out there who rated Gilbert as a better prospect. He wasn't making an all-inclusive claim about their weighted draft grades, far from it.

And again, people who think that this thread is about cutting Richardson are really missing the boat. It's about the management of the roster. Hence milkman's blowup.

hamas he was trying to say that jackson was the equal of a guy drafted in the 3rd, common sense says he thinks jackson would have lasted to the third. i didnt see any draft guru that graded gilbert out as a better 5 tech.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I would say so. Cassell has good mobility we have seen it last year and now in the preseason. He is going to need it.

You are pissing up the wrong tree I have been advocating fixing the O-line for 2 freaking years

Yes, but he doesn't "have it over Sanchez". They're both about the same in that regard IMO.

I wasn't pissing up your tree in particular, just stating a fact.

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 06:44 PM

Comedy fucking gold.

I didn't post in the first 2 but the last one I did and I still feel the same way.

Wow holy shit I take the morning off and the Chiefs pull off a blockbuster trade. I am not a fan of Cassell at all but that is the way it goes. I hope he can do a good job for us.

I think we got a steal but I am not a fan of Cassell at all because he played with a great team with great WR's and IMO is a 1-year wonder.

But I will root for him and hope he does well.

Of course then we have DCS on that thread wishing injury on Cassell and hope he never plays again. stay classy

doomy3
09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
The management of the roster? All that happened was we got a RT who should be better than Richardson so we upgraded the position.

Oh, and as it turns out, we also get to keep Richardson.

Speaking of, did anyone pick up Herb Taylor?

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I didn't post in the first 2 but the last one I did and I still feel the same way.

Of course then we have DCS on that thread wishing injury on Cassell and hope he never plays again. stay classy

Okay, that was a bit much. If I had known the new regime had no balls, I never would have gotten involved with even giving two fucks about who they picked as a QB.

WilliamTheIrish
09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
....And again, people who think that this thread is about cutting Richardson are really missing the boat. It's about the management of the roster. Hence milkman's blowup.

Maybe not. But it's a hilarious sidebar in a thread that just keeps on going.

Tiger's Fan
09-07-2009, 06:50 PM
God, what a bunch of ****ing turncoat mother****ers.

:deevee:

Marcellus
09-07-2009, 06:52 PM
The management of the roster? All that happened was we got a RT who should be better than Richardson so we upgraded the position.

I cant believe Richardson wasn't snatched up. He is so talented.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM

not that i've seen

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Okay, that was a bit much. If I had known the new regime had no balls, I never would have gotten involved with even giving two fucks about who they picked as a QB.

They have balls you just don't like their picks which is ok but don't wish injury on any of our players. Wish injury on the Donkeys, Raiders, and Chargers players. :D

Tiger's Fan
09-07-2009, 06:56 PM
I cant believe Richardson wasn't snatched up. He is so talented.

LOL

You know whats more funny, is that people either don't know or care how fucking stupid and petty they look. Not that thats anything new.

Reaper16
09-07-2009, 06:58 PM
LOL

You know whats more funny, is that people either don't know or care how fucking stupid and petty they look. Not that thats anything new.
Wow. Of all the posters.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 07:00 PM
They have balls you just don't like their picks which is ok but don't wish injury on any of our players. Wish injury on the Donkeys, Raiders, and Chargers players. :D

I disagree about the balls, but you're right.

Tiger's Fan
09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Wow. Of all the posters.

That definitely included you. I'm not sure I've ever encountered a kid who was more out of touch with reality. I hope you're prepared when real life smacks you right in the face, because you have no idea.

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
if this thread is about anything, and that is debatable, it is about the absurdly disproportionate responses people have to low level events...

jamon meredith has been used as a stick to beat pioli for months, in hysterical ways by some, and when it turns out no one in the god damn league wanted him, well, we just ignore that...

then richardson, and people rage and bleed for 600 posts about a low round pick slipped onto practice squad....when in fact pioli did exactly what people were begging him to do: acquire ol help on the waiver wire...and he gets no credit for it....

the intensity and obsessiveness of it make no sense....cassel/ sanchez? sure, rage on...fight that battle

....meredith and richardson? gimme a fucking break and get some fresh air and sense of perspective...

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 07:22 PM
if this thread is about anything, and that is debatable, it is about the absurdly disproportionate responses people have to low level events...

jamon meredith has been used as a stick to beat pioli for months, in hysterical ways by some, and when it turns out no one in the god damn league wanted him, well, we just ignore that...

then richardson, and people rage and bleed for 600 posts about a low round pick slipped onto practice squad....when in fact pioli did exactly what people were begging him to do: acquire ol help on the waiver wire...and he gets no credit for it....

the intensity and obsessiveness of it make no sense....cassel/ sanchez? sure, rage on...fight that battle

....meredith and richardson? gimme a fucking break and get some fresh air and sense of perspective...

can i have respect for you, these guys are railing on you for a percieved flip flop. what they dont understand is that you stood on that fucking box and screamed for stafford and sanchez (stafford moreso) BUT you at least realize that ship has sailed and theres no reason to keep pounding on a nail that already been driven in all the way. these guys have beaten that nail until theres not even any wood to hold together. it's pretty sad

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2009, 07:33 PM
the talking can is the voice of reason around here

Reaper16
09-07-2009, 07:37 PM
You don't see the "Gang of 14" bringing up Sanchez all of the time anymore. It gets thrown at them, for whatever reason.

JASONSAUTO
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
You don't see the "Gang of 14" bringing up Sanchez all of the time anymore. It gets thrown at them, for whatever reason.

that was what started this whole pioli doesnt know shit schtick

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 07:42 PM

This thread has gone full TF-retard.

WildTurkey
09-07-2009, 07:44 PM

....meredith and richardson? gimme a ****ing break and get some fresh air and sense of perspective...

:clap:

Reaper16
09-07-2009, 07:45 PM
That definitely included you. I'm not sure I've ever encountered a kid who was more out of touch with reality. I hope you're prepared when real life smacks you right in the face, because you have no idea.
Aren't they supposed to limit internet access at the rehabilitation clinic? Your meth-addled brain offers up posts like this and you wonder why not a single person respects you. If your vision wasn't hazy from the chemicals sloshing around and lapping up against your brain stem like a high tide of dross and refuse then you'd be able to see the guilt and the shame on the faces of your children. They have to live everyday with the knowledge that, of all the billions of possible fathers on Earth they could have been conceived by, they were stuck with you -- a man whose depth of intellectual and emotional reinforcement given to them is to bust out a hauntingly-accurate impression of cerebral palsy.

milkman
09-07-2009, 08:01 PM

We could have cut a couple of other stiffs elsewhere, like McBride and Thigpen and brougt in more than just one stiff on the O-Line.

The Right side is still a suckass group, whether it consisted of Richardson or O'Callaghan at RT.

Ndukwe sucks nothing but huge ass.
Goff sucks nearly as much.

But one fucking O-Lineman, a fucking Patriot with fucking anvils for feet is all that you could fucking find out of 600 or 700 cuts.

That is fucking bullshit.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 08:07 PM
We could have cut a couple of other stiffs elsewhere, like McBride and Thigpen and brougt in more than just one stiff on the O-Line.

The Right side is still a suckass group, whether it consisted of Richardson or O'Callaghan at RT.

But one ****ing O-Lineman, a ****ing Patriot with ****ing anvils for feet is all that you could ****ing find out of 600 or 700 cuts.

That is ****ing bullshit.

If only they'd tried to fix that right side and center. Maybe if they'd brought in something like 4 different players to shore things up while trying to improve the team elsewhere as well...

doomy3
09-07-2009, 08:13 PM

But one ****ing O-Lineman, a ****ing Patriot with ****ing anvils for feet is all that you could ****ing find out of 600 or 700 cuts.

Who would you have liked them to pick up?

Are you still on the Jamon Meredith bandwagon, or has that ship sailed now that it is clear he doesn't have a place in the league?

I personally would have liked to see them try to trade for Tony Moll (maybe they would have taken Pollard instead of the safety they took), or seen what the Packers needed for Scott Wells. On the waiver wire though, I'm not sure who would have been a better pickup than the tackle we got.

Forgot about Forney. I would like to see us go for him too. Surprised no one else has either, apparently.

milkman
09-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Who would you have liked them to pick up?

Are you still on the Jamon Meredith bandwagon, or has that ship sailed now that it is clear he doesn't have a place in the league?

I personally would have liked to see them try to trade for Tony Moll (maybe they would have taken Pollard instead of the safety they took), or seen what the Packers needed for Scott Wells. On the waiver wire though, I'm not sure who would have been a better pickup than the tackle we got.

Forgot about Forney. I would like to see us go for him too. Surprised no one else has either, apparently.

The primary reason I bring up Meredith is because he was available with our 5th round pick when we selected Colin Brown.

I went on record after the draft saying that Brown would never be a starter in the NFL at RT.

Now the chance still exists that I may be wrong on that.

However, the Chiefs thought so much of his ability at RT after OTAs and the first week of camp that they began the transition to guard.

But the fact is, the guy I really liked in the mid rounds at RT was Fenuki Topou.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
The primary reason I bring up Meredith is because he was available with our 5th round pick when we selected Colin Brown.

I went on record after the draft saying that Brown would never be a starter in the NFL at RT.

Now the chance still exists that I may be wrong on that.

However, the Chiefs thought so much of his ability at RT after OTAs and the first week of camp that they began the transition to guard.

But the fact is, the guy I really liked in the mid rounds at RT was Fenuki Topou.

yeah, I liked Topou as well. It will be interesting to see if he ever amounts to anything. Tough for a low round rookie to miss a whole season on IR.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 10:49 PM
...But the fact is, the guy I really liked in the mid rounds at RT was Fenuki Topou.

Who, like Brown, will spend the year on injured reserve.

milkman
09-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Who, like Brown, will spend the year on injured reserve.

And that's relevent, how?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 10:52 PM

It's not given that Topou suffered a legitimate injury.

milkman
09-07-2009, 10:57 PM
It's not given that Topou suffered a legitimate injury.

I think what is missed is that the only reason Meredith came up in any of these discussions is that he and Brown were 5th round picks, and Meredith was still available when Brown was selected.

I just pointed out that I liked a different player better.

The fact that both Brown and Topou are on IR, and whether either injury is legitimate is irrelevent.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 10:57 PM

Just another rookie O-lineman on the IR. The same as Brown. Neither is helping their team. I'm not bashing either player, and I'm not bashing either organization.

googlegoogle
09-08-2009, 12:39 AM

Mr expert!