PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Practice Squad Announced, Richardson Waived.

Pages : [1] 2 3

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Leave one spot open for Richardson if he clears waivers:

CB Jackie Bates
TE Tom Crabtree
DE Dion Gales
G Darryl Harris
RB Javarris Williams
WR Rodney Wright
Bobby Greenwood
TBD New England/Dallas/Miami Castoff or Barry Richardson

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/05/access_arrowhead_blog__wheeling_and_dealing/

milkman
09-06-2009, 05:53 PM
This team is fucked.

Are they seriuosly thinking that Ndukwe is a better option at RT than Richardson.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 05:56 PM
This team is fucked.

Are they seriuosly thinking that Ndukwe is a better option at RT than Richardson.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zwm0lw.jpg

Ebolapox
09-06-2009, 05:58 PM

ain't...no....thang...

milkman
09-06-2009, 05:59 PM

These movie references really don't mean a damn thing to me, since I rarely watch movies,

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 06:00 PM
These movie references really don't mean a damn thing to me, since I rarely watch movies,

I'm verklempt over the idea that Ndukwe>Richardson and decided to convey that via image.

chiefforlife
09-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I think O'Callaghan will start at RT, not Ndukwe.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-06-2009, 06:01 PM
do people really get their panties waddled up about us releasing a career back up RT

milkman
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM

I think you're right, but if O'Callaghan, who has a history of injury, goes down to in injury, then Ndukwe has to play that spot.

When that happens, whoever the remaining live QB is at that time will be truly fucked.

milkman
09-06-2009, 06:05 PM
do people really get their panties waddled up about us releasing a career back up RT

Yes, when the career backup that he is being replaced by sucks even huger ass than he does, you damn right I get "my panties waddled up".

'Hamas' Jenkins

Certainly, but Ndukwe doesn't deserve a roster spot over BRich.

And it's more than likely that Richardson will never be a world-beater, but he at least has potential. Ndukwe offers none of that.

It's not the destination, it's the journey. It just seems like an odd move for a team devoid of talent to get rid of young, talented players for older players with less talent.

And no one's having a meltdown.

chiefforlife
I think you're right, but if O'Callaghan, who has a history of injury, goes down to in injury, then Ndukwe has to play that spot.

When that happens, whoever the remaining live QB is at that time will be truly fucked.

We have a live QB?

milkman
09-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Certainly, but Ndukwe doesn't deserve a roster spot over BRich.

And it's more than likely that Richardson will never be a world-beater, but he at least has potential. Ndukwe offers none of that.

It's not the destination, it's the journey. It just seems like an odd move for a team devoid of talent to get rid of young, talented players for older players with less talent.

And no one's having a meltdown.

I'm melting down.

We claimed a fucking stiff off of waivers from the New England Patriots because this team that allegedly sent scouts to preseason games all over the place can't find one fucking decent O-Lineman any fucking where else than a useless fucking stiff who can't even fucking stay on the field, even as a fuckin backup for the only team that Fucking Scott Pioloi believes has any players worth his fucking time.

Fuck him and the fucking Patriot fucking way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm melting down.

We claimed a fucking stiff off of waivers from the New England Patriots because this team that allegedly sent scouts to preseason games all over the place can't find one fucking decent O-Lineman any fucking where else than a useless fucking stiff who can't even fucking stay on the field, even as a fuckin backup for the only team that Fucking Scott Pioloi believes has any players worth his fucking time.

Fuck him and the fucking Patriot fucking way.

I stand corrected.

Count Zarth
09-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Who the fuck is backing up Albert?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Who the **** is backing up Albert?

Now that is a good question.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Who the fuck is backing up Albert?

I guess Alleman, Ndukwe, or Smith

ROFL ROFL...what an abortion. At least Albert's never been dinged.

veist
09-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Its just that even if its a wash on who's better Ndukwe or Richardson at least Richardson at 23 probably has some development left. Whereas Ndukwe is at 27 probably a finished product.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Its just that even if its a wash on who's better Ndukwe or Richardson at least Richardson at 23 probably has some development left. Whereas Ndukwe is at 27 probably a finished product.

Also, add in that Richardson at least has LT experience in college and a bit recently in preseason games. Right now this team has NO backup LT. I just don't get it.

Fruit Ninja
09-06-2009, 06:21 PM
This season is fucked anyways, we will be a top 5 draft team again.

I dont give a shit what they do this year anymore. Lets just get through it.

This is one of the first years that i am actually waiting for basketball season to start over Football. for me, its NEVEr EVER been like this. Not even when i had the 2000-2003 Lakers teams.

Herm just killed my enthusiasm.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
dam Clark should have you all instead of Pioli, since you guys are the experts

JD10367
09-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm melting down.

We claimed a ****ing stiff off of waivers from the New England Patriots because this team that allegedly sent scouts to preseason games all over the place can't find one ****ing decent O-Lineman any ****ing where else than a useless ****ing stiff who can't even ****ing stay on the field, even as a ****in backup for the only team that ****ing Scott Pioloi believes has any players worth his ****ing time.

**** him and the ****ing Patriot ****ing way.

I don't blame you. The Chiefs had already sucked for a long time before Pioli and Haley, and they've had so much time to right the ship... Oh, wait.

You might want to at least wait for a regular-season game or two before blowing a gasket.

Micjones
We have exactly 3 Tackles on the roster.
Herb Taylor was the PERFECT insurance for Albert.
And we let him walk.

If you're counting on O'Callaghan to start, I'm good with that, but you still need depth on the OL.
Taylor and Richardson make for pretty solid reserves I think.

Rain Man

22 guys off the street.

Count Zarth
09-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Jason Dunn signed to play LT?

WildTurkey
09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I just don't see it, I never saw anything that makes Richardson anymore than a backup T... i mean he couldn't beat out Suckintosh so I'm not really too upset over his release

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
At this point, we should just cut our losses and IR Cassel. At least he won't die behind the Maginot Line we've assembled.

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2009, 06:27 PM
ROFL

Micjones
09-06-2009, 06:27 PM
At this point, we should just cut our losses and IR Cassel. At least he won't die behind the Maginot Line we've assembled.

Yeah...no.

kstater
09-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I just don't see it, I never saw anything that makes Richardson anymore than a backup T... i mean he couldn't beat out Suckintosh so I'm not really too upset over his release

That's what makes Milkman's blow-up so weird.

booger
09-06-2009, 06:28 PM

my best guess is they resign Herb T later in the week and drop Turk or Piere Walters. Assuming the 4 qbs all stay on the roster through week one. That or they will say wade smith can play LT.

JD10367
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM

Don't be silly.

That's why they're keeping Thigpen. So he can get the shit beat out of him in the first game. On the road? Against the Baltimore defense? Without Cassel? Haley probably figures he'll mulligan the season and concede an 0-1 start. Then he'll play Croyle in week two if Cassel's not ready yet...

chiefs1111
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
this is going to be a long season

milkman
09-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't blame you. The Chiefs had already sucked for a long time before Pioli and Haley, and they've had so much time to right the ship... Oh, wait.

You might want to at least wait for a regular-season game or two before blowing a gasket.

Rayn O'Callaghan sucks ass.
Icthyass Nudkwe sucks ass.
Mike Goff sucks ass.

And Barry Richardson sucks ass.

I didn't expect him to turn the team around in one year, but I also didn't think that this roster could possibly be worse than it was last yaer, but I'll be damned if it doesn't.

The right 53, my ass.

As far as I'm concerned Scott Pioli can fuck every one of his "right 53" in the ass until his dick falls off.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah...no.

I'm being hyperbolic. At this point, I don't care who lives or dies. Just cook up a story and throw the 53 of them in a meat grindah!

Micjones
09-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm not expecting this team to contend for the AFC West title, but that's no reason why they can't make their best effort at putting the best 53 men on this roster. Some of these moves have been flat odd. Taylor needs to be resigned.

milkman
That's what makes Milkman's blow-up so weird.

This has little to do with Richardson being waived.

It has to do with the fact that the useless fucking shit he brought in to replace McIntosh and Richardson are not any fucking better,

LaChapelle
sooooooooooooooooooo
Does Richardson just have to get past the Lions and Rams?

Micjones
09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
This has little to do with Richardson being waived.

It has to do with the fact that the useless fucking shit he brought in to replace McIntosh and Richardson are not any fucking better,

I think O'Callaghan is better than both of them, but I don't agree with Richardson being waived. Even if they do think he's better there's no reason to take depth away from your Offensive Line.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm not expecting this team to contend for the AFC West title, but that's no reason why they can't make their best effort at putting the best 53 men on this roster. Some of these moves have been flat odd. Taylor needs to be resigned.

The Patriot Way solved Fermat's last Theorem. Just trust it, it's worked in <del> Cleveland, New York, and Notre Dame</del>.

Sorry, that was my critical thinking skills getting in the way. I meant to say, "Pioli, Pioli, Pioli".

booger
09-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Tuesdays are the players day off with the personell staff bringing in FA's for workouts each week. I'd be suprised if we don't do it monday and tuesday this week as far as working out non waiver eligable players.

I hope they cut Goff, move Alleman to C and compete with W. Smith, Rudy to G to compete with Ndukwe where he was a starter last year for Miami and sign Pashos for RT to beat out O'Callohan. We still wouldn't have a backup LT unless we get BRich to the PS and elevate him in time for the Balt Game.

milkman
09-06-2009, 06:39 PM
I think O'Callaghan is better than both of them, but I don't agree with Richardson being waived. Even if they do think he's better there's no reason to take depth away from your Offensive Line.

O'Callaghan is a better run blocker than any of them, but Richardson is better in pass protect, and Itchyass Ndukwe is worse than all of them.

booger
09-06-2009, 06:42 PM
sooooooooooooooooooo
Does Richardson just have to get past the Lions and Rams?

nope. all the other 31 teams. then he can sign to anyone's PS if eligable or just be a free agent and tryout till he gets a job.

milkman
09-06-2009, 06:49 PM
So out of every cut out there, Ryan fucking O'Callaghan is the only ****ing player that this ****ing group of talent evaluators saw as an upgrade over the absolute ****ing pile of shit that makes up this ****ing roster.

We have the ****ing greatest ****ing scouts and front office in the ****ing NFL.

Carl ****in Pioli for the MFW!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 06:52 PM
So out of every cut out there, Ryan fucking O'Callaghan is the only ****ing player that this ****ing group of talent evaluators saw as an upgrade over the absolute ****ing pile of shit that makes up this ****ing roster.

We have the ****ing greatest ****ing scouts and front office in the ****ing NFL.

Carl ****in Pioli for the MFW!

Vanilla extract is disgusting by itself, but brilliant when put in cake mix. Obviously, our scouts view these guys as vanilla extract.

I'm sure that will be of great consolation when Haloti Ngata rips off Niswanger's tits, severs Cassel's dick, and shoves it up his ass.

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes, when the career backup that he is being replaced by sucks even huger ass than he does, you damn right I get "my panties waddled up".

You don't know that. All you have is some vague idea about who is better. Why would you have nostalgia for a crappy back up O-lineman from a 2-14 team? The guy simply can't cut it in the NFL and for some reason your crying like a little girl.

milkman
09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
You don't know that. All you have is some vague idea about who is better. Why would you have nostalgia for a crappy back up O-lineman from a 2-14 team? The guy simply can't cut it in the NFL and for some reason your crying like a little girl.

Go fuck yourself.

Micjones
09-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm wondering what input, if any, Bill Muir has had into these transactions?

Mr. Krab
09-06-2009, 07:02 PM
So this off season the only moves Pioli has really made he had to hold Bellichek's dick while doing them?

Traded for Cassel/Vrabel
signed copper an ex patriot
claimed Guiteirrez off of patriot's waiver
claimed O'callaghan off of patriot's waiver

wait, he also signed Zach Thomas so he could squeeze the Chiefs for retirement benefits, sign goff who sucks and Ghiaciuc who he cut.

Is that the extent of our wondrous first off season?

splatbass
09-06-2009, 07:03 PM

When that happens, whoever the remaining live QB is at that time will be truly ****ed.

If Richardson makes it to the practice squad (they still have one spot left so I assume it is for him) couldn't they just move him to the active roster if there is an injury?

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 07:04 PM
I didn't expect him to turn the team around in one year, but I also didn't think that this roster could possibly be worse than it was last yaer, but I'll be damned if it doesn't.

The right 53, my ass.

As far as I'm concerned Scott Pioli can fuck every one of his "right 53" in the ass until his dick falls off.

These are the times I truly pine for the Sig feature.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 07:05 PM
So this off season the only moves Pioli has really made he had to hold Bellichek's dick while doing them?

Traded for Cassel/Vrabel
signed copper an ex patriot
claimed Guiteirrez off of patriot's waiver
claimed O'callaghan off of patriot's waiver

wait, he also signed Zach Thomas so he could squeeze the Chiefs for retirement benefits, sign goff who sucks and Ghiaciuc who he cut.

Is that the extent of our wondrous first off season?

I listed it in another thread. 17 FA signings, 12 of whom were from HCs from the Parcells tree.

It's amazing.

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 07:05 PM
The Patriot Way solved Fermat's last Theorem. Just trust it, it's worked in <del> Cleveland, New York, and Notre Dame</del>.

Sorry, that was my critical thinking skills getting in the way. I meant to say, "Pioli, Pioli, Pioli".

These are the days I truly pine for the Sig feature.

splatbass
09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Yesterday everyone hated Richardson. Today some of those same people are having a meltdown because we cut him. I love the CP......:doh!:

Mr. Krab
09-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Yesterday everyone hated Richardson. Today some of those same people are having a meltdown because we cut him. I love the CP......:doh!:
I don't think anyone loves Richardson now. It's more about the lack of doing anything about it AND cutting Richardson. You can see the light from the train coming down the track.

Offensive line - If O'callaghan doesn't work we are screwed worse than we were before cut day came around.

Wide Receiver - One hit from the Baltimore defense on Bradley and Lawrence is our starting wide receiver. I don't love Lelie, i don't give a shit about Lelie tbh but dam he was a better option that the shit we have now.

when the Oline and WR are a problem, don't start trying to talk "hindsight" and all that crap, because it's coming.

kstater
09-06-2009, 07:17 PM
WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMED

the Talking Can
i can't even describe the awesome in this thread

TFG
I'm melting down.

We claimed a ****ing stiff off of waivers from the New England Patriots because this team that allegedly sent scouts to preseason games all over the place can't find one ****ing decent O-Lineman any ****ing where else than a useless ****ing stiff who can't even ****ing stay on the field, even as a ****in backup for the only team that ****ing Scott Pioloi believes has any players worth his ****ing time.

**** him and the ****ing Patriot ****ing way.

It is pretty amazing to watch it.

Indeed, the trade of Seymour would tend to indicate the 3-4 may be out in NE. If the Pats do go to a 4-3, Pioli's gonna cry.

Ryan O'Callaghan is not a good pass protector. Isn't quick or athletic. He has power. He is smart. I'm just not at all sold that he is an "upgrade" over Barry. If the team had a great blocking TE next to him, it would be understandable to some extent. Ryan has also had a bunch of surgeries. A bunch, including at Cal.

TFG
09-06-2009, 07:19 PM
As for Darryl Harris going unclaimed, well, I'm impressed. It is the end of the weekend, and once again

FOOTBALL AND IDIOCY

are

ONE AND THE SAME...

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
As for Darryl Harris going unclaimed, well, I'm impressed. It is the end of the weekend, and once again

FOOTBALL AND IDIOCY

are

ONE AND THE SAME...

awesome

keep it coming....

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Some of you are acting like KC is a good team. They're not. The new regime is building with high effort football players and they're eliminating complainers, underachievers and losers. In doing so they're creating competition at every position. I suspect KC will acquire, claim and trade until the season is over and then they'll go out and draft more talented football players who are high effort guys. It's a process. It's logical and easy to see. I don't understand all the negative over the top whining about players like Barry R. and Pollard. They're nobody's who are finally getting eliminated and they will be replaced in time by much better football players.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Some of you are acting like KC is a good team. They're not. The new regime is building with high effort football players and they're eliminating complainers, underachievers and losers. In doing so they're creating competition at every position. I suspect KC will acquire, claim and trade until the season is over and then they'll go out and draft more talented football players who are high effort guys. It's a process. It's logical and easy to see. I don't understand all the negative over the top whining about players like Barry R. and Pollard. They're nobody's.

Explain to me how you're creating competition at every position when your waiver wire claims, what your GM says constitutes a second draft for you and is the second busiest time of the year, a time he "loves", totals signing one player.

Just Passin' By
09-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't think anyone loves Richardson now. It's more about the lack of doing anything about it AND cutting Richardson. You can see the light from the train coming down the track.

Offensive line - If O'callaghan doesn't work we are screwed worse than we were before cut day came around.

Wide Receiver - One hit from the Baltimore defense on Bradley and Lawrence is our starting wide receiver. I don't love Lelie, i don't give a shit about Lelie tbh but dam he was a better option that the shit we have now.

when the Oline and WR are a problem, don't start trying to talk "hindsight" and all that crap, because it's coming.

Good point. All these new hires are useless if they couldn't turn this flaming pile of shit into an undefeated Super Bowl champion in 9 months.

Hunt should demand a refund and prosecute for fraud.

Noss
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Leave one spot open for Richardson if he clears waivers:

CB Jackie Bates
TE Tom Crabtree
DE Dion Gales
G Darryl Harris
RB Javarris Williams
WR Rodney Wright

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/05/access_arrowhead_blog__wheeling_and_dealing/

One name missing from the pratice squad is Bobby Greenwood.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/06/chiefs_announce_more_roster_moves/

kstater
09-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Wait, the Chiefs are going to suck this year?

kstater
09-06-2009, 07:28 PM
One name missing from the pratice squad is Tom Crabtree.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/06/chiefs_announce_more_roster_moves/

:spock:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Good point. All these new hires are useless if they couldn't turn this flaming pile of shit into an undefeated Super Bowl champion in 9 months.

Hunt should demand a refund and prosecute for fraud.

Why is it that every refrain from these guys consists of nothing but straw men?

It's a pretty simple question:

Is Ryan O'Callaghan the only guy who was cut across the 32 teams in the NFL who would improve this roster? I like the signing, but if that's it, I'm really concerned about how this teams views its roster.

kstater
09-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Is Ryan O'Callaghan the only guy who was cut across the 32 teams in the NFL who would improve this roster? I like the signing, but if that's it, I'm really concerned about how this teams views its roster.

While I think it's somewhat unlikely, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they're viewing this year as a wash, using it for tryouts and positioning themselves for a favorable draft pick and waiting for FA next year.

Noss
09-06-2009, 07:32 PM
:spock:

Bobby Greenwood! Not Crabtree Read again. :spock::spock:

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2009, 07:32 PM
god damn I wish hamas would go away again...

broken
record

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Explain to me how you're creating competition at every position when your waiver wire claims, what your GM says constitutes a second draft for you and is the second busiest time of the year, a time he "loves", totals signing one player.

OK.

If your a Chiefs Player right now and you see what is happening (in regards to the cuts) you say to yourself. "I better not fu** around and I better be all about football or I'm going to be gone" That fear will drive the true competitor to become better and to play to his potential. Football, like life is about drive, determination and realizing one's potential. Fear is a great motivator and Haley and Pioli are wielding a monstrous fear hammer that will either bring out the best in the players or it will drive out the losers. They'll add talent over time.

I for one think the strategy is a very good one. The message is clear, produce or be gone.

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Hamas, if you were a woman so ugly that feeling your wrists and arms would knock Ray Charles right off his piano bench, I'd still buy you dinner and a movie.

This is the Planet I know and love.

The TF Reign is dead.

Hallelujah!

Marcellus
09-06-2009, 07:36 PM

You really think they are done? This is it? Pick up one guy?

Coach
09-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Okay, the fact that they're keeping 4 QB's on the roster tells me that Cassel's injury is probably worse than most people are letting on.

Pablo
09-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Must....melt....down....over shitty lineman being released....

Colin Brown FTMFW??

Just Passin' By
09-06-2009, 07:38 PM

Why would you be concerned? You consider yourself a smart and knowledgeable person. Did you really think that there wouldn't be areas of this team that weren't improved in year one?

When Belichick went to New England, his first year's record was 5-11, even with

Bledsoe
Faulk
Brown
Glenn
Milloy
Bruschi
Eaton
Law
Johnson
McGinest
Slade
Hamilton

and others on the team. The Chiefs didn't have anything like that for Pioli and company to walk into. This roster is going to be turned over like topsoil in the midwest, because it was absolutely terrible. It's going to take time, and it's not always going to be pretty. There's an entire culture change that has to happen, as the incidents with players like Waters and Pollard demonstrate.

Coach
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
OK.

If your a Chiefs Player right now and you see what is happening (in regards to the cuts) you say to yourself. "I better not fu** around and I better be all about football or I'm going to be gone" That fear will drive the true competitor to become better and to play to his potential. Football, like life is about drive, determination and realizing one's potential. Fear is a great motivator and Haley and Pioli are wielding a monstrous fear hammer that will either bring out the best in the players or it will drive out the losers. They'll add talent over time.

I for one think the strategy is a very good one. The message is clear, produce or be gone.

Fine. You want production? Go look at the first team offense of the pre-season tapes, and I want you to target number 79 specifically.

Has he produced? The general consensus on here says no. In fact, he basically got destroyed over and over and over. Yet, he's still on the team?

Why?

Surely, it's not production.

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Fine. You want production? Go look at the first team offense of the pre-season tapes, and I want you to target number 79 specifically.

Has he produced? The general consensus on here says no. In fact, he basically got destroyed over and over and over. Yet, he's still on the team?

Why?

Surely, it's not production.

It will happen to him too if he doesn't bring it beginning next Sunday. You're assuming KC will keep him just because they picked him. I'm arguing that they will bench and then cut anyone who doesn't produce. If I'm wrong you can put it back in my face and I'll agree with you.

Mr. Krab
09-06-2009, 07:42 PM
You really think they are done? This is it? Pick up one guy?
We keep hearing about these pending big moves. Every since Pioli got here we have been hearing "just wait until, just wait until"

well ..........

I wanted Pioli and haven't given up, but dayum.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 07:43 PM
OK.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Every team cuts down to 53, not just us.

In addition to that, we've since cut one guy to make room for a new player, despite winning all of 2 of our last 25 games. That's worse than any team in the NFL over the same time span.

This *fear hammer* is totally conjured up bullshit. My God, the tissue paper '08 Chiefs had a ridiculous amount of roster churn last year, and it wasn't just because of injuries.

People were concerned about the OL heading into FA...nothing was done, sans Goff.

People were concerned about the OL heading into the draft...nothing was done aside from a three year project who had to switch positions after OTAs

People were concerned about the OL during the PS...so two guys who we could have for free were traded for a draft choice.

People are still concerned about the OL, we have 8 active players, and the solution is to flip one of those guys, one of the two who can play tackle (Ndukwe can't) for another tackle who can't play LT if something happens to Albert.

That doesn't strike me as conjuring fear in the hearts of the players, it strikes me as apathy.

No one is asking for Charlie Finley-esque batshit insane moves, but this team has almost no talent, on the OL, WR, LB corps, NT, anywhere...and yet no moves are being made to address any of those.

I didn't realize that Scott Pioli's approach to cut down day was to emulate Pat Gillick.

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2009, 07:43 PM
We keep hearing about these pending big moves. Every since Pioli got here we have been hearing "just wait until, just wait until"

well ..........

I wanted Pioli and haven't given up, but dayum.

patience young krabhopper.

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2009, 07:44 PM
STRIKE FOURTY-TWO!

Coach
It will happen to him too if he doesn't bring it beginning next Sunday. You're assuming KC will keep him just because they picked him. I'm arguing that they will bench and then cut anyone who doesn't produce. If I'm wrong you can put it back in my face and I'll agree with you.

I am assuming KC is keeping him because they DID pick him. If they were wanting production, Goff would have already been on the bench as if. Goff is just as bad as McIntosh.

And I do not understand the logic of removing young players, who has some potentional/talent, while replacing them with players who has minimum to declining talent, or players who has no talent at all.

And what's even more disturbing, they are doing this at a position that many of us would agree that is the worst, the offensive line. You shouldn't be making this O-line worse by removing talent and replacing them with minimum talent. You need to be improving this line with talent.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Why would you be concerned? You consider yourself a smart and knowledgeable person. Did you really think that there wouldn't be areas of this team that weren't improved in year one?

When Belichick went to New England, his first year's record was 5-11, even with

Bledsoe
Faulk
Brown
Glenn
Milloy
Bruschi
Eaton
Law
Johnson
McGinest
Slade
Hamilton

and others on the team. The Chiefs didn't have anything like that for Pioli and company to walk into. This roster is going to be turned over like topsoil in the midwest, because it was absolutely terrible. It's going to take time, and it's not always going to be pretty. There's an entire culture change that has to happen, as the incidents with players like Waters and Pollard demonstrate.

To turn a team over you have to make moves. It's that simple.

booger
09-06-2009, 07:45 PM
With Nicewanger, Alleman, Albert, Ndukwe they have youth in age and experience.
They added to that group with O'Calloghan. With waiver pickups they are all in that same category with only the young guys being elligable for waivers. So they put Harris and are trying to see if the can with Richardson to put them on the PS. They can bring them up to the active roster anytime same as telling Herb T to stay in shape and they may call. Not that i agree with all that, just the only sense i can make out of it. They are scared of too much youth on the OL even though there are some more young bucks out there.

Hopefully they are negotiating with some of the likes of a K. Forney. T. Pasho's, TE Alex Smith, WR Tyree. etc.

I agree though i expected more like 3,4, or 5 moves from the waiver wire.

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I just think it's complete and utter bullshit Hamas and Mecca weren't hired as scouts...or even a GM tandem.

Mother fuck you Clark!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I just think it's complete and utter bullshit Hamas and Mecca weren't hired as scouts...or even a GM tandem.

Mother fuck you Clark!

If I had a child like you I would have skinned it alive with a potato peeler. Your father should be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity for not sucking you out of your mother's cunt with a Shop-Vac when he had the chance.

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
What the **** are you talking about?

Every team cuts down to 53, not just us.

In addition to that, we've since cut one guy to make room for a new player, despite winning all of 2 of our last 25 games. That's worse than any team in the NFL over the same time span.

This *fear hammer* is totally conjured up bullshit. My God, the tissue paper '08 Chiefs had a ridiculous amount of roster churn last year, and it wasn't just because of injuries.

People were concerned about the OL heading into FA...nothing was done, sans Goff.

People were concerned about the OL heading into the draft...nothing was done aside from a three year project who had to switch positions after OTAs

People were concerned about the OL during the PS...so two guys who we could have for free were traded for a draft choice.

People are still concerned about the OL, we have 8 active players, and the solution is to flip one of those guys, one of the two who can play tackle (Ndukwe can't) for another tackle who can't play LT if something happens to Albert.

That doesn't strike me as conjuring fear in the hearts of the players, it strikes me as apathy.

No one is asking for Charlie Finley-esque batshit insane moves, but this team has almost no talent, on the OL, WR, LB corps, NT, anywhere...and yet no moves are being made to address any of those.

I didn't realize that Scott Pioli's approach to cut down day was to emulate Pat Gillick.

I completely disagree. The old regime had favorites. Tony, LJ, Pollard, Page, Webb, Waters and the list goes on. These guys were friends of the last regime. What I am saying is the new regime has no friends or special players. The argument can be made that Cassel is a friend of the new regime but I suspect he's more of an investment that will either pan out or not pan out. If he sucks ass, he'll get demoted. I think this kind of thinking is radically new to 1 arrowhead drive and it's going to be very effective in maximizing talent of the players KC has.

They'll suck this year but the cultural foundation is being set that will allow this team to build.

the Talking Can
i think i speak for everyone when i say:

we've given them more than enough time to win games...time for a change, don't make the same mistake we made with Carl and keep them around for 6 months....

Short Leash Hootie
If I had a child like you I would have skinned it alive with a potato peeler. Your father should be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity for not sucking you out of your mother's **** with a Shop-Vac when he had the chance.

STRIKE FORTY-THREE!?

kstater
09-06-2009, 07:50 PM
To turn a team over you have to make moves. It's that simple.

So having 21(22 if you count Brown) new players isn't making moves? Oh, and the season hasn't even started yet.

Pablo

we've given them more than enough time to win games...time for a change, don't make the same mistake we made with Carl and keep them around for 6 months....Yeah, this regime is getting stale and needs to go.

Short Leash Hootie

we've given them more than enough time to win games...time for a change, don't make the same mistake we made with Carl and keep them around for 6 months....

ROFL

I wish Hamas would crawl back in this hole...we already have Dane...we get it...our team sucks...omg

Pablo
09-06-2009, 07:51 PM
So having 21(22 if you count Brown) new players isn't making moves?No. We didn't draft Jamon Meredith in the 4th when we had the chance; and we didn't claim him off waivers when we had the chance. Those are the kind of moves SCOTT MUST MAKE.

Short Leash Hootie
Yeah, this regime is getting stale and needs to go.

YOU DRAFT FOR NEED, NOT BEST AVAILABLE! EVEN CARL KNEW THAT!

the Talking Can
ROFL

I wish Hamas would crawl back in this hole...we already have Dane...we get it...our team sucks...omg

nah, i like hamas

kstater
09-06-2009, 07:52 PM

LMAO

Coach
ROFL

Nah, I very much would like him out there, because his arguments does have some merit into it.

ChiefaRoo
I am assuming KC is keeping him because they DID pick him. If they were wanting production, Goff would have already been on the bench as if. Goff is just as bad as McIntosh.

And I do not understand the logic of removing young players, who has some potentional/talent, while replacing them with players who has minimum to declining talent, or players who has no talent at all.

And what's even more disturbing, they are doing this at a position that many of us would agree that is the worst, the offensive line. You shouldn't be making this O-line worse by removing talent and replacing them with minimum talent. You need to be improving this line with talent.

I think you are missing the point here. Goff has proven himself to be a winner in the NFL. He has to still prove he can do it this year and if he doesn't he's gone or demoted IMO. Let him at least line up in a real game for KC to find out if he has anything left in the tank. Richardson was a low round pick out of Clemson who was demoted, cut once before if I remember and only looked the part. He's never proved anything at the NFL level and therefore he's gone eventhough he's young.

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2009, 07:53 PM
nah, i like hamas

Sure...I really enjoy reading every single take he has...until he starts talking about the Chiefs. All they do is troll the board with negativity and turn every thread into a pissing match...and it is ENTIRELY all their fault. Plain and simple.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I completely disagree. The old regime had favorites. Tony, LJ, Pollard, Page, Webb, Waters and the list goes on. These guys were friends of the last regime. What I am saying is the new regime has no friends or special players. The argument can be made that Cassel is a friend of the new regime but I suspect he's more of an investment that will either pan out or not pan out. If he sucks ass, he'll get demoted. I think this kind of thinking is radically new to 1 arrowhead drive and it's going to be very effective in maximizing talent of the players KC has.

They'll suck this year but the cultural foundation is being set that will allow this team to build.

If you think the new regime doesn't have friends or special players, then how do you reconcile the fact that 2/3 of our signings came from teams whose HCs are from the Parcells tree?

This is the same shit that every other staff does...they hire their boys from their network. This isn't some kind of novel approach in the least.

No one is arguing to fire Pioli, or for Clark to clean house...again the people can't conjure a logical counterargument, so they are reduced to sarcasm and straw men. What we want to see is a rebuilding team rebuild, and it's time to get out the fucking mortar and trowel and not sit there with your thumb up your ass.

Pablo
09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
nah, i like hamasAt least Hamas has a sense of humor. Some of the 'angry folks' around here seem like they're probably going to stroke out about the 2nd game into the season.

Mr. Arrowhead
and Jeez its not like they didnt give Richardson a good clean look at RT, for the last 2 weeks they had him starting at RT. He didnt perform, so he got cut

Short Leash Hootie
Nah, I very much would like him out there, because his arguments does have some merit into it.

'His' arguments are echoed by Dane and OTWP and they didn't 'leave forever' like Mecca and Hamas did after the draft...sending farewell PM's to everyone because they can't take the "true fans" anymore...

Then why are you back?

Strike FORTY-FOUR!

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Sure...I really enjoy reading every single take he has...until he starts talking about the Chiefs. All they do is troll the board with negativity and turn every thread into a pissing match...and it is ENTIRELY all their fault. Plain and simple.

so what

he's got opinions....solid ones, most of the time, even if i rarely find them persuasive....

i just can't feel the hysteria they feel, so i find it all kind of funny

just enjoy it

Short Leash Hootie
I mean...all of their talk about Tamba Hali being a disaster has really quieted down...mecca laughed to the bank at someone predicting a successful transition and a 10 sack season...would anyone truly be shocked, right now, if Hali finished this next season with 8-11 sacks?

I know I wouldn't.

'Hamas' Jenkins
So having 21(22 if you count Brown) new players isn't making moves? Oh, and the season hasn't even started yet.

Again:

Of all the guys who were cut in the roster reductions, is Ryan O'Callaghan really the only one who is worth a waiver claim? Is he the only guy who can improve our team?

We all know this team has shit for talent, so why not try and accumulate some?

booger
09-06-2009, 07:56 PM
and Jeez its not like they didnt give Richardson a good clean look at RT, for the last 2 weeks they had him starting at RT. He didnt perform, so he got cut

i bet he got a dirty look

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2009, 07:57 PM
so what

he's got opinions....solid ones, most of the time, even if i rarely find them persuasive....

just enjoy it

You have a point...I try to stay in the background most of the time but when they soil the whole fucking board with post after post after post of the same fucking shit it gets annoying. Any thread over 100 posts regarding the Chiefs eventually turns into the same bullshit with the same cast.

Pablo
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
so what

just enjoy itSome posters are so pissed at the roster moves you'd think they were watching Herman Edwards coach a football game or something.

Mr. Krab
Must....melt....down....over shitty lineman being released....

Colin Brown FTMFW??
They put Colin Brown on IR or PUP

booger
damn lions claimed Figurs.

Dexter jackson is still out there.

Short Leash Hootie
Again:

Of all the guys who were cut in the roster reductions, is Ryan O'Callaghan really the only one who is worth a waiver claim? Is he the only guy who can improve our team?

Are you saying we should have cut down to 40 players and put in 10+ waiver claims? Does anyone do that? Ever?

And do you really think the moves are over?

wild1
Well I'm glad we have reached a consensus, that Pioli and Haley have been given more than enough time to show us they know what they're doing, and they should be fired now.

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2009, 07:59 PM
If you think the new regime doesn't have friends or special players, then how do you reconcile the fact that 2/3 of our signings came from teams whose HCs are from the Parcells tree?

This is the same shit that every other staff does...they hire their boys from their network. This isn't some kind of novel approach in the least.

No one is arguing to fire Pioli, or for Clark to clean house...again the people can't conjure a logical counterargument, so they are reduced to sarcasm and straw men. What we want to see is a rebuilding team rebuild, and it's time to get out the ****ing mortar and trowel and not sit there with your thumb up your ass.

I can't answer the coaching tree question. No one can except the coaches. I think you are expecting a transformation ala what Marty did at KC. Those days are gone. Those pre Marty teams had more talent on the roster the day Marty arrived (Smith, Lewis, Ross, Billy Bob, Pearson, Porter, Hackett, Alt etc) and KC could reach out and acquire players via Plan B which you can't do anymore. KC will make a trade or two but I think this club is going to be built through the draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins

I don't remember him having any problems last week, and he certainly outperformed Ndukwe against superior talent. Unless he called Pioli's wife a cankerous whore, I don't know what would cause the flip.

the Talking Can

people complain that we aren't changing the roster

and then when we change the roster they complain that we're changing the roster

it has no talent and herm's players suck, but if you cut one of herm's players after giving him playing time well then you're a clueless asshole and round and round it goes...

booger
did anybody claim LB Marcus Freeman from the bears?

Coach
09-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I think you are missing the point here. Goff has proven himself to be a winner in the NFL. He has to still prove he can do it this year and if he doesn't he's gone or demoted IMO. Let him at least line up in a real game for KC to find out if he has anything left in the tank. Richardson was a low round pick out of Clemson who was demoted, cut once before if I remember and only looked the part. He's never proved anything at the NFL level and therefore he's gone eventhough he's young.

I understand that, but at the same time, he has proven that during pre-season where he has failed. And again, the general consensus, and I'm sure you would agree to a point, that our offensive line was the weak point at the end of last season. What did the Chiefs do, to upgrad that positions, outside of obtaining Goff?

Brown? He's IR'ed, so he's lost for the season.

Pioli traded a day 2 pick for two offensive linemen from Miami, who were 3rd stringers. I'm not so sure that's improving.

And the Chiefs are getting rid of two guys, who are 23 and 25 respectively? You shouldn't really be getting rid of young offensive linemen, especially when they were day two picks (both were sixth rounders). And we have currently, as far as I know, 8 guys are active on the offensive line. Of course, I am glad we used one pick on Williams, instead of O-line.

With all that being said, have the Chiefs "improved" their line? My answer?

"No."

Short Leash Hootie
09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Some posters are so pissed at the roster moves you'd think they were watching Herman Edwards coach a football game or something.

It's just the meccas and hamas' that "break down film" (and by that, they cherry pick from scouting boards and form opinions based off of expert opinions) and then can't get over it 5 months after the fact...so every little thing turns back into a pissing match...(although I know longer hear the Tyson Jackson crying after he flashed some serious potential in the preseason)...

These guys loved the PICK THE "EXPERTS" BPA draft fest 2008 (I seriously think Kuharich and Herm and whoever else in charge just drafted off of Mayock's top 100 list)...and that draft turned into a...what? A C draft...yaaay.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Are you saying we should have cut down to 40 players and put in 10+ waiver claims? Does anyone do that? Ever?

And do you really think the moves are over?

You don't cut down and leave your ass in the wind, but you probably should be taking a look at the guys on other people's PS's while they are out there and you have #3 waiver priority and they can't do anything about it.

Now if we try to claim anyone on the PS, they can be yanked back and activated.

It's like we decided to announce a frontal assault to the enemy when their entire left flank was exposed.

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I understand that, but at the same time, he has proven that during pre-season where he has failed. And again, the general consensus, and I'm sure you would agree to a point, that our offensive line was the weak point at the end of last season. What did the Chiefs do, to upgrad that positions, outside of obtaining Goff?

Pioli traded a day 2 pick for two offensive linemen from Miami, who were 3rd stringers. I'm not so sure that's improving.

And the Chiefs are getting rid of two guys, who are 23 and 25 respectively? You shouldn't really be getting rid of young offensive linemen, especially when they were day two picks (both were sixth rounders). And we have currently, as far as I know, 8 guys are active on the offensive line.

That's not good.

"No."

Let's just see what happens over the course of the season.

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Again:

Maybe they don't feel another team's trash is their treasure unless it comes from NE.

Micjones
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
damn lions claimed Figurs.

Dexter jackson is still out there.

So is Justin Miller?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:05 PM
It's just the meccas and hamas' that "break down film" (and by that, they cherry pick from scouting boards and form opinions based off of expert opinions) and then can't get over it 5 months after the fact...so every little thing turns back into a pissing match...(although I know longer hear the Tyson Jackson crying after he flashed some serious potential in the preseason)...

These guys loved the PICK THE "EXPERTS" BPA draft fest 2008 (I seriously think Kuharich and Herm and whoever else in charge just drafted off of Mayock's top 100 list)...and that draft turned into a...what? A C draft...yaaay.

You really should never call out anyone's takes on anything. You know absolutely less than nothing, and you felt compelled to poison the entire draft thread by trolling, offering no opinion and take other than a robotic "I trust everything the new regime does".

The point of this website is supposed to be about discussing football. To do that, one must have opinions, but it's always the dumbest motherfuckers who want everyone else's opinions silenced, whatever the walk of life, because the experience of thinking hurts them.

Raised On Riots

Mother fuck you Clark!

If I had a child like you I would have skinned it alive with a potato peeler. Your father should be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity for not sucking you out of your mother's cunt with a Shop-Vac when he had the chance.
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

"THE TREND IS
DEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEAD"!
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NesEIb41hak&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

THANK...FUCKIN'... GOD.

kstater

And the Chiefs are getting rid of two guys, who are 23 and 25 respectively? You shouldn't really be getting rid of young offensive linemen, especially when they were day two picks (both were sixth rounders). And we have currently, as far as I know, 8 guys are active on the offensive line. Of course, I am glad we used one pick on Williams, instead of O-line.

"No."

Revisionist history. At the end of last year, the defense and the d-line itself had the least amount of sacks in NFL history. Period. It's been pretty clear that the defense was the priority in year 1.

splatbass
09-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Wait, the Chiefs are going to suck this year?

Now that they've cut Richardson they will!

ROFL

booger
So is Justin Miller?

Still a FA as far as i Know. Not elligable for waivers.

IIRC though he is just a KR not PR. and not a very good CB.

But his KR numbers are impressive.

dirk digler

why do you have to shit on every thread that involves one of them in it? Why don't you just ignore them or go away. Some people like to hear different sides and you always seem to make things way to personal.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Revisionist history. At the end of last year, the defense and the d-line itself had the least amount of sacks in NFL history. Period. It's been pretty clear that the defense was the priority in year 1.

That is a fair point, but it's not like we have one experience point to allocate to either defense or offense this year, and can choose only one.

Reaper16
09-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Fuck that. Two starting CB, the best RB on the roster, a spectacularly talented LT... that's better than a C draft.

Coach
09-06-2009, 08:09 PM

And that's fine. I am in favor of improving the defense, considering that they had the new NFL record of least sacks in a single season. You are correct, I am not denying that.

However, it still does not change the fact that the Chiefs continued to ignore the other weakness of the team, the offensive line. And it makes me even more upsetting that they drafted Williams, who just got cut, instead of a O-line.

And I'm not in favor of releasing offensive linemen who has something to show and retaining offensive linemen who are on a decline or has no talent at all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Fuck that. Two starting CB, the best RB on the roster, a spectacularly talented DT that we refuse to play in the kind of scheme he is meant for... that's better than a C draft.

And a franchise left tackle.

Mr. Krab
09-06-2009, 08:11 PM
people complain that we aren't changing the roster

and then when we change the roster they complain that we're changing the roster

it has no talent and herm's players suck, but if you cut one of herm's players after giving him playing time well then you're a clueless asshole and round and round it goes...
People are frustrated because they keep hearing about how we suck and all our players suck. If all our player suck then surely we can improve the team fairly easy with all these player getting cut.

Then when we do cut players we don't even cut our suckiest and we wonder WTF?!?

kstater
09-06-2009, 08:12 PM
That is a fair point, but it's not like we have one experience point to allocate to either defense or offense this year, and can choose only one.

I'd say trading for a QB signing a couple receivers and a TE was their "experience point" allocation for the year. It's not like it's a surprise that a team with horrible talent and no depth couldn't have every position turned over in one year. Pioli and Co. just have different priorities than some would like. I'm sure(I hope) that they're well aware of the teams deficiencies.

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:12 PM
People are frustrated because they keep hearing about how we suck and all our players suck. If all our player suck then surely we can improve the team fairly easy with all these player getting cut.

i have no idea what that means

Mr. Krab
09-06-2009, 08:13 PM
i have no idea what that means
How convenient

boogblaster
09-06-2009, 08:14 PM
They're cutting dead weight thats a fact ... as to Richardson .. I thought he was a decent back-up ...

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:14 PM
How convenient

maybe try it again, minus the convolution

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I'd say trading for a QB signing a couple receivers and a TE was their "experience point" allocation for the year.

And of the nearly 700 players who were just cut, there is 1 who can help our OL, but not at the expense of Turk McBride, Guttierez, or Thigpen?

dirk digler

Because maybe the players that got cut just suck as bad or worse than the ones we already have on our roster who went through the entire training camp and know our system.

keg in kc
i have no idea what that meansAll your base are belong to us

Reaper16
09-06-2009, 08:16 PM
And a franchise left tackle.
I fukd up. Edited.

kstater
09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
And of the nearly 700 players who were just cut, there is 1 who can help our OL, but not at the expense of Turk McBride, Guttierez, or Thigpen?

In the first 27 hours? I'd hope they're evaluating them right now.

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:18 PM
come on people

this thread hasn't even reached "omg we signed toomer! arrrrgggghnhn" status yet....

Coach
09-06-2009, 08:18 PM
come on people

this thread hasn't even reached "omg we signed toomer! arrrrgggghnhn" status yet....

The Chiefs have a Tumor.

Coach
09-06-2009, 08:19 PM

Right, but one would truly believe that they should've already evaluated them and get the guys who they feel will help this football team in here already.

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Released Toomer, kept Copper; we're on our way now, baby!!!!ROFL

kstater
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Right, but one would truly believe that they should've already evaluated them and get the guys who they feel will help this football team in here already.

You think it's possible they're looking at players who were cut, looking at why they were cut, before running out to get them?

Cosmos
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the 0-4 preseason, the lack of o-line play, running game, passing game, return game, coaching change, the D-line play etc....

I actually believed Pioli when he was quoted as saying that he had his pro scouts, including himself, scouting as many preseason games as possible to get a good feel for the 650+ players getting cut yesterday.

What I don't understand is, out of 650 players, he finds 1... 1 player, out of 650, that he feels is better than what he already has...

Next to the draft, this is the time to find talent.

Especially since the scouting staff has spent sooo much time in the field, turning over every rock to improve this team.

1 player..... fuck.

Coach
09-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Released Toomer, kept Copper; we're on our way now, baby!!!!ROFL

Well, that move I could probably understand. Does Toomer even play special teams? If not, then that's probably why. The Chiefs are not only trying to upgrade their offense/defense, but they are also trying to find back-ups who can play special teams at a high level.

In all seriousness, the special teams has somewhat improved during the pre-season, so they DO got that going for them. They still need a returner, unfortunately.

OnTheWarpath58

Most, if not all organizations have people who do nothing but evaluate other team's rosters during the PS, that way when this day comes, they can get their claims submitted, or FA contacts offered in a timely fashion.

Your pro personnel guy has a list of guys that if they become available, the team jumps on them immediately.

This isn't designed to be a wait-and-see type deal.

the Talking Can
just so we're all on the same page:

we're furious and angry that pioli acquired a consensus upgrade starter at RT and cut Richardson in the process?

and acquiring this universally agreed upgrade at our weakest position is further proof that pioli is sitting on his ass and a liar to boot?

that about sum it up?

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Well, that move I could probably understand. Does Toomer even play special teams? If not, then that's probably why. The Chiefs are not only trying to upgrade their offense/defense, but they are also trying to find back-ups who can play special teams at a high level.

In all seriousness, the special teams has somewhat improved during the pre-season, so they DO got that going for them. They still need a returner, unfortunately.

Is Bobby Ingram going to play better special teams than Toomer? Who cares!

Bowe and Toomer = good idea.

Bowe and Ingram = meh.

'Hamas' Jenkins
You think it's possible they're looking at players who were cut, looking at why they were cut, before running out to get them?

It's a free all you can eat buffet right now. No one is arguing that cutting the bottom third of this roster will do any kind of damage to the team. So why not try and infuse some talent in here by signing guys we just spent months scouting before the draft?

We can get "22 guys off the street" right now, and we aren't doing anything.

Reaper16

we're furious and angry that pioli acquired a consensus upgrade starter at RT and cut Richardson in the process?

and acquiring this universally agreed upgrade at our weakest position is further proof that pioli is sitting on his ass and a liar to boot?

that about sum it up?
"Consensus upgrade" isn't saying anything.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2009, 08:25 PM

that about sum it up?

I'm trying to get caught up, but from what I can tell, you're wrong as usual.

Seems to me that people are a bit perplexed as to how the eleventy-billion-time Executive of the Year can only find one player out of hundreds cut that can improve the worst 53 man roster in the NFL.

dirk digler

that about sum it up?

pretty much

Coach
Is Bobby Ingram going to play better special teams than Toomer? Who cares!

Bowe and Toomer = good idea.

Bowe and Ingram = meh.

Actually, I would perfer Engram over Toomer as of this point, because Engram is actually considered a great 3rd down target. All teams need that.

And yes, I care, because Special Teams is very important as offense and defense in today's football.

wild1
09-06-2009, 08:26 PM

that about sum it up?

They also cut our only hard hitting defensive player. Now we don't have anyone who will play with enthusiasm. :shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Engram at least has use value. Toomer is just a broke dick dog.

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM

Seems to me that people are a bit perplexed as to how the eleventy-billion-time Executive of the Year can only find one player out of hundreds cut that can improve the worst 53 man roster in the NFL.

hey, I'm with you guys: he sucks....he's doing nothing....i have a source and he told me pioli has spent the evening microwaving burritos and posting on the planet under the name "hamas jenkins" just for laughs...

you guys are a riot

Tiger's Fan
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM
It's refreshing to see all these women posting on the Planet. We need more input from the fairer sex on here.

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 08:28 PM

Once again maybe the players being cut are just as bad or worse than what we already have?

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Engram at least has use value. Toomer is just a broke dick dog.

He was able to catch Brodie's shit-throws.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Once again maybe the players being cut are just as bad or worse than what we already have?

Jesus, Dirk.

Did you watch a single snap this preseason?

You're telling me that the 3rd stringers from teams like the Packers, Colts and Giants aren't at all an upgrade over our backups? Christ, in some cases the starters?

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Actually, I would perfer Engram over Toomer as of this point, because Engram is actually considered a great 3rd down target. All teams need that.

And yes, I care, because Special Teams is very important as offense and defense in today's football.

I didn't mean to imply that ST aren't important. But as far as Engram goes, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

kstater
09-06-2009, 08:31 PM
I will say this, Pioli/Haley is a huge upgrade. Under Carl/Herm, we were arguing over starters. Under Pioli's watch we're arguing over not signing other teams rejects.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:31 PM

The 54th guy on the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Giants, etc. is really worse than the 53rd on the Chiefs??

Seriously?

Coach
09-06-2009, 08:35 PM
I didn't mean to imply that ST aren't important. But as far as Engram goes, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, I liked Toomer. He was a good guy, but apparently, it looks like his talent is just gone.

Engram however, still has something left in the tank. Or, the Chiefs WR corp is terrible. One or the other. But you're right on one thing.

We'll just have to wait and see. That I can 100% agree.

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Jesus, Dirk.

You're telling me that the 3rd stringers from teams like the Packers, Colts and Giants aren't at all an upgrade over our backups? Christ, in some cases the starters?

you mean like the two backups we traded for from miami? the guys we cut starters for? or the RT we just acquired?

argue about the players

but the idea that we aren't doing anything is so god damned retarded

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Jesus, Dirk.

Don't you think it is a stretch to say somebody's 4th guy on a depth chart is better than one of our starters?

Also from what I have seen there hasn't been a whole lot of claiming off waivers except for the Lions where they claimed a couple and also aren't most of the people being cut rookie FA's and low round draft choices anyway?

wild1
09-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Jesus, Dirk.

Sure, any player off any other team would be an upgrade and we should claim them all regardless of position.

kregger
09-06-2009, 08:37 PM
We're going to run the ball about 45 times in the opener behind the new road grader, Ryan O'Callaghan. It'll keep Brodie alive and eliminate the need for a second WR behind Bowe.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:38 PM
hey, I'm with you guys: he sucks....he's doing nothing....i have a source and he told me pioli has spent the evening microwaving burritos and posting on the planet under the name "hamas jenkins" just for laughs...

you guys are a riot

Could we please just have an honest argument about this shit?

Why is it that every one who critiques Pioli is marginalized and their arguments are twisted by the opposition into strawmen, false choices, post hoc, appeals to authority, and any other manner of fallacies?

If Pioli is beyond reproach, then make an argument as to why these roster moves are right, how they make the team better.

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 08:38 PM
The 54th guy on the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Giants, etc. is really worse than the 53rd on the Chiefs??

Seriously?

I guess it depends on what position they play but I understand your point.

Mecca
09-06-2009, 08:39 PM
This is no different than any other GM or what Carl would do, we traded one coaching tree/good ole boy network for another one.

You basically hope this one works better than the last one did because at this point it appears Pioli doesn't want players unless they come from the network he's from.

TEX
09-06-2009, 08:39 PM
This team is ****ed.

They both suck, so does it really matter? However, I agree that Ndukwe sucks worse and we're ****ed.

Mecca
09-06-2009, 08:40 PM

Why is it that every one who critiques Pioli is marginalized and their arguments are twisted by the opposition into strawmen, false choices, post hoc, appeals to authority, and any other manner of fallacies?

If Pioli is beyond reproach, then make an argument as to why these roster moves are right, how they make the team better.

That requires to much thinking to actually happen, straw man tactic is easier.

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 08:40 PM
This is no different than any other GM or what Carl would do, we traded one coaching tree/good ole boy network for another one.

You basically hope this one works better than the last one did because at this point it appears Pioli doesn't want players unless they come from the network he's from.

This.

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 08:41 PM

This I agree with at least so far.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2009, 08:43 PM

You might as well have asked them to explain String Theory in a manner in which a 3rd grader could understand.

Never.

Gonna.

Happen.

Mizzou_8541
09-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Did Colin Brown get waived?

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Did Colin Brown get waived?

IR

Mecca
09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
At this point I'm just gonna chill out, if he makes a bunch of retarded moves that don't work out, he'll slit his own throat as far as how long he's a GM.

Unless of course he's treated like the past few GM's here.

Mizzou_8541
IR

Ah, yes. Thanks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
You might as well have asked them to explain String Theory in a manner in which a 3rd grader could understand.

Never.

Gonna.

Happen.

I know that. I just want them to know that I know.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
They both suck, so does it really matter? However, I agree that Ndukwe sucks worse and we're ****ed.

That's kinda the point here.

We basically swapped shit for shit.

And in doing so, we traded for that shit, when we could have had the shit for free. Or kept and attempted to develop the shit we already had.

But hey, Pioli's DOING SOMETHING.

keg in kc
This I agree with at least so far.This could feasibly go back to the fact that he didn't begin to put his own scouting staff in until the day after the draft. I'm not even sure they've finished their analysis of our own own roster. We have virtually no insight into the personnel department at this point. They could very well be in a recovery/rebuilding process as much as the roster is.

Mecca
I know that. I just want them to know that I know.

We had a draft thread turn into complete balls because Hootie who fully admitted he doesn't like or watch college ball thought his opinion was valid and his opinion was "you don't work in the NFL shutup"

Which is still to this day the lamest argument you can to go under that logic there shouldn't be discussion forums.

L.A. Chieffan
09-06-2009, 08:47 PM
this season is fucked. fucked.

i woke up. why dont you?

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:47 PM

please god spare me the martyr bullshit

and show me one place ever....ever...where i've said pioli is a god or beyond reproach or whatever

you're the guy who declared 3 strikes and they're out about pioli and haley nine minutes after they were hired and you've whined about every move they've made since....you pleading for an honest argument about pioli is hilarious

and i've had plenty of honest arguments about pioli and the moves he's made, i'm not a fan of them all....you're just to busy staring in the mirror to have noticed

my thoughts about all of it are on record, and I haven't the slightest interest in walking through your own obsessions again...i am painfully aware - llike you said it all 1000 times aware - of what you think...and it really doesn't strike me as insightful....that's the god's honest truth

and this thread is just beyond out of proportion to the events that have transpired...it feels like pioli stole your lunch money or something

so, feel free read my old posts, or not, or whatever, but i'm not interested in recycling this crap....rock on brother

edit*

i even responded to your "economic theory" about the 3-4.....politely stating that it had huge holes in it was the best i could do, sorry...

Mecca
09-06-2009, 08:48 PM
This could feasibly go back to the fact that he didn't begin to put his own scouting staff in until the day after the draft. I'm not even sure they've finished their analysis of our own own roster. We have virtually no insight into the personnel department at this point. They could very well be in a recovery/rebuilding process as much as the roster is.

I would hope Pioli himself would atleast have some knowledge of these players for as long as he's been working in the league as a personnel man.

wild1
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Good god this place is going back down the sh!tter just like it did around the draft.

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM

Because maybe they feel for the most part they are set in most of their positions.

QB - They have 4 and really the only one out there that is any good is Garcia and I doubt he wants to come here because he wants to play not sit the bench

RB - We are set for the most part

WR - We have signed every freaking available WR it seems like and none of them worked

TE - Edit: I forgot TE duh...we definitely need someone here

OL - This position has been the most active so you can't say they haven't tried

DL - They are set unless a NT automatically appears out of fairy dust land

LB - They could use a body or 2 here but I haven't seen anyone come available

DB - We are set

K - set
P - set
KR\PR - we need one and I am sure they are looking

Mecca
09-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Boy if they feel this roster is set in its positions, that's a scary thing.

WildTurkey
09-06-2009, 08:51 PM
but but, we were supposed to find a pro bowl right tackle to sign off of the waiver wire, dammit scott:cuss:

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2009, 08:51 PM
please god spare me the martyr bullshit

and show me one place ever....ever...where i've said pioli is a god or beyond reproach or whatever

you're the guy who declared 3 strikes and they're out about pioli and haley nine minutes after they were hire and you've whined about every move they've made since....you pleading for an honest argument about pioli is hilarious

and i've had plenty of honest arguments about pioli and the moves he's made, i'm not a fan of them all....you're just to busy staring in the mirror to have noticed

my thoughts about all of it are on record, and I haven't the slightest interest in walking through your own obsessions again...i am painfully aware - llike you said it all 1000 times aware - of what you think...and it really doesn't strike me as insightful....that's the god's honest truth

and this thread is just beyond out of proportion to the events that have transpired...it feels like pioli stole your lunch money or something

so, feel free read my old posts, or not, or whatever, but i'm not interested in recycling this crap....rock on brother

You're not interested in recycling it, but have no problems making a Hootie-like appearance in each thread.

Got it.

Such a fucking hypocrite. Every single time he or Mecca make a comment, there's Captain Flip-Flop to weigh in on how ridiculous everyone is acting.

Coming form the guy that was Hamas before Hamas, bashing anyone and everyone that didn't agree with his views on Stafford - that's pretty fucking rich.

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:53 PM
You're not interested in recycling it, but have no problems making a Hootie-like appearance in each thread.

Got it.

Such a ****ing hypocrite. Every single time he or Mecca make a comment, there's Captain Flip-Flop to weigh in on how ridiculous everyone is acting.

Coming form the guy that was Hamas before Hamas, bashing anyone and everyone that didn't agree with his views on Stafford - that's pretty ****ing rich.

look, someone's feelings are hurt

still waiting for anyone to show where i flip flopped on stafford or sanchez

anyone

ever?

Cosmos
09-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Good god this place is going back down the sh!tter just like it did around the draft.

"Sure, any player off any other team would be an upgrade and we should claim them all regardless of position."

Based on your insight and contribution, agreed...

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:54 PM

Got it.

Such a ****ing hypocrite. Every single time he or Mecca make a comment, there's Captain Flip-Flop to weigh in on how ridiculous everyone is acting.

Coming form the guy that was Hamas before Hamas, bashing anyone and everyone that didn't agree with his views on Stafford - that's pretty ****ing rich.

so, is this like a girlfriend standing up for her man?

Mecca
09-06-2009, 08:55 PM

anyone

ever?

His feelings hurt because he pointed out what you do?

dirk digler
Boy if they feel this roster is set in its positions, that's a scary thing.

This team has alot of holes but I don't think 6 days before the snap of the first game you are going to fill many of them

Reaper16
so, is this like a girlfriend standing up for her man?
so, is this like banality masquerading as an insult?

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 08:56 PM
His feelings hurt because he pointed out what you do?

what do "i do"?

have different opinions?

not spend all day yelling about how much i hate pioli?

Mecca
09-06-2009, 08:57 PM
This team has alot of holes but I don't think 6 days before the snap of the first game you are going to fill many of them

Now obviously you can't go cutting the entire team or anything like that but for me to really believe Ryan O'Callaghan is the only guy that would help this team that got cut is far fetched.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2009, 08:58 PM

anyone

ever?

Feelings hurt?

That would require me to give a shit about you, or the hypocritical bullshit you post.

More like pity, that the guy who at one time told true fans to go fuck themselves, and never settle for mediocrity, has done just that.

I expect this type of foolishness from Hootie, he's a fucktard.

But hey, keep talking the company line just because the guy won a few SB's in NE on BB's fucking coattails.

Or, grow some fucking stones and question decisions that deserve to be questioned.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Because maybe they feel for the most part they are set in most of their positions.

QB - They have 4 and really the only one out there that is any good is Garcia and I doubt he wants to come here because he wants to play not sit the bench

RB - We are set for the most part

WR - We have signed every freaking available WR it seems like and none of them worked

OL - This position has been the most active so you can't say they haven't tried

DL - They are set unless a NT automatically appears out of fairy dust land

LB - They could use a body or 2 here but I haven't seen anyone come available

DB - We are set

K - set
P - set
KR\PR - we need one and I am sure they are looking

I'm not talking about acquiring starters. That can be done through the draft and FA. But there are a lot of talented, developmental players who are out there that we have carte blanche with, and you can't really say that Wallace Gilberry, Pierre Walters, Turk McBride, Jon McGraw, Wade Smith, Ricardo Coclough, Ike Ndukwe, Mike Goff, Jackie Battle, or Sean Ryan offer some kind of long term ability that they don't

keg in kc
09-06-2009, 08:59 PM
I would hope Pioli himself would atleast have some knowledge of these players for as long as he's been working in the league as a personnel man.Like I said, we don't have any insight into the personnel department. Although I'm sure he does have knowledge. I'm also sure he has a better handle on players he studied, drafted and watched develop for years in New England than he does on players he studied but has only seen for one offseason here. That's why I don't think it's a surprise that he's looked to his network for replacements all offseason.

Anyway, all along I haven't thought the 2009 offseason would be indicative of 2010 and beyond anyway. This is the year for taking out the trash, analyzing the bubble players and starting the build, while you get your new front office and coaching staff going.

Personally I don't see much of a reason to get upset over whether which marginal right tackle we're picking up. Maybe the waiver trash they went for isn't the waiver trash you'd have gone for, but at the end of the day they're all still waiver trash. Reliable starting-calibre linemen are on rosters now, not looking for work. The only difference between one developmental player and the next is the name on the jersey.

Mecca
09-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Feelings hurt?

That would require me to give a shit about you, or the hypocritical bullshit you post.

More like pity, that the guy who at one time told true fans to go fuck themselves, and never settle for mediocrity, has done just that.

But hey, keep talking the company line just because the guy won a few SB's in NE on BB's fucking coattails.

Or, grow some fucking stones and question decisions that deserve to be questioned.

That's basically waht I think of the guy, he went from bitching about true fans telling them to fuck off ect, to now being one himself in the snap of a finger.

He turned into Hootie cause we hired a guy from NE.

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Feelings hurt?

He really accepted and rolled over on his back like a third world prostitute, didn't he?

Oh, and Rep.

J Diddy
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM

I understand not licking the sack because he hasn't done a damned thing for us yet, but that borders on fuck him until he proves something to me.

He's proven plenty to the rest of the league.

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Feelings hurt?

That would require me to give a shit about you, or the bullshit you post.

More like pity, that the guy who at one time told true fans to go **** themselves, and never settle for mediocrity, has done just that.

I expect this type of foolishness from Hootie, he's a ****tard.

But hey, keep talking the company line just because the guy won a few SB's in NE on BB's ****ing coattails.

Or, grow some ****ing stones and question decisions that deserve to be questioned.

you don't care about my posts, but you intervened anyways?

hilarious

and where have i toed the company line?

i am waiting for you , mecca, hamas, ANYONE to show me these posts?

ANYONE please? where are these posts?

but you message board soldiers keep fighting the good fight.....so brave, the way you trail mecca and hamas with your tail between your legs...

splatbass
09-06-2009, 09:04 PM

I imagine they have kept Guttierez and Thigpen because of Cassel's injury. When he comes back I would expect one of them (hopefully Thigpen) to be cut.

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 09:05 PM
That's basically waht I think of the guy, he went from bitching about true fans telling them to **** off ect, to now being one himself in the snap of a finger.

He turned into Hootie cause we hired a guy from NE.

actually, i just disagree with a lot of things you say....but that is apparently a crime

and the real difference is that having explained myself once, i don't feel it neccessary to repeat myself 100000 times....you guys do....not sure why, but you do....

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Now obviously you can't go cutting the entire team or anything like that but for me to really believe Ryan O'Callaghan is the only guy that would help this team that got cut is far fetched.

Of course they can't cut the entire team but maybe they aren't finished yet or maybe they don't like who is out there or feel they don't fit what we are trying to do here.

I'm not talking about acquiring starters. That can be done through the draft and FA. But there are a lot of talented, developmental players who are out there that we have carte blanche with, and you can't really say that Wallace Gilberry, Pierre Walters, Turk McBride, Jon McGraw, Wade Smith, Ricardo Coclough, Ike Ndukwe, Mike Goff, Jackie Battle, or Sean Ryan offer some kind of long term ability that they don't

I understand your point Hamas and I agree that some of those guys you mentioned don't offer any long-term ability but if we get some one off the waiver wire is it really to fill a long-term need or short-term?

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Like I said, we don't have any insight into the personnel department. Although I'm sure he does have knowledge. I'm also sure he has a better handle on players he studied, drafted and watched develop for years in New England than he does on players he studied but has only seen for one offseason here. That's why I don't think it's a surprise that he's looked to his network for replacements all offseason.

Anyway, all along I haven't thought the 2009 offseason would be indicative of 2010 and beyond anyway. This is the year for taking out the trash, analyzing the bubble players and starting the build, while you get your new front office and coaching staff going.

Personally I don't see much of a reason to get upset over whether which marginal right tackle we're picking up. Maybe the waiver trash they went for isn't the waiver trash you'd have gone for, but at the end of the day they're all still waiver trash. Reliable starting-calibre linemen are on rosters now, not looking for work. The only difference between one developmental player and the next is the name on the jersey.

Totally agree keg. Good post. :thumb:

Mecca
09-06-2009, 09:09 PM
actually, i just disagree with a lot of things you say....but that is apparently a crime

and the real difference is that having explained myself once, i don't feel it neccessary to repeat myself 100000 times....you guys do....not sure why, but you do....

You agreed with 95% of what me and Hamas said until Pioli got hired.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 09:10 PM
and where have i toed the company line?

i am waiting for you , mecca, hamas, ANYONE to show me these posts?

ANYONE please? where are these posts?

but you message board soldiers keep fighting the good fight.....so brave, the way you trail mecca and hamas with your tail between your legs...

OTW and I have had huge disagreements hurled profanity laced invectives on more than one occasion. Same with OTW and Mecca.

You can't just lie to prove your point.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
LMAO The Gang of 16 has returned!!!!! Hide yer women and children!!!!

OnTheWarpath58

This.

OTW and I have had huge disagreements hurled profanity laced invectives on more than one occasion. Same with OTW and Mecca.

And this.

dirk digler

Maybe TC like the rest of us wants to give Pioli a fair chance and let him have a honeymoon phase without endlessly bashing the guy. He walked into a totally fucked organization so it is going to take awhile to straighten it all out.

Mecca
09-06-2009, 09:12 PM
The idea that OTW follows anyone around on the forum to parrot what they say or has never had disagreements with me or Hamas is fuckin hilarious.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Of course they can't cut the entire team but maybe they aren't finished yet or maybe they don't like who is out there or feel they don't fit what we are trying to do here.

I understand your point Hamas and I agree that some of those guys you mentioned don't offer any long-term ability but if we get some one off the waiver wire is it really to fill a long-term need or short-term?

Both. There are guys out there who offer at least as much help right now at RT as Ndukwe.

Jamon Meredith is a good project. Shipley and Schuening are nice projects (C and G prospects). Tim Crowder might be worth a look. There are plenty of guys out there who have the physical ability to be much better players than the journeyman who have the physical ability to be third stringers.

tk13
The NFL is a giant good 'ol boys network. That's how it's always been, that's how guys like Wade Phillips and Norv Turner can continue to get jobs. But we've hashed out all these arguments 100 million times. And the truth as usual lies somewhere in the middle. The Patriots Way BS has not worked at all in places like Cleveland when it's the coach who's making the transition. However, it has been more successful in places like Atlanta and Miami where the transition is happening at the top in the GM position, and it filters down through the rest of the organization.

I don't like everything we've done... the O-line stuff doesn't bother me, we just had too many holes to geniunely fill all of them, as much as anyone thinks we could've fixed everything or made different moves, history dictates some of these moves are not going to work. We've brought in guys, but some of them haven't worked. To me getting Cassel then trading away one of the top red zone targets in football was the toughest thing. But I do understand what they're trying to do, and I'm willing to be open minded about it. This approach has worked when implemented at the front office level, not as much when it's just a Crennel or Charlie Weis taking over the coaching reins.

the Talking Can
09-06-2009, 09:14 PM

what point?

that you declared pioli a bust months ago?

sorry, that's your history...not interested in being lectured about open mindedness by mr. 3 strikes.....

Mecca
Why is it better to have Wade Smith than Schuening? I don't think anyone would disagree with a move like that.

Turk McBride has no place on this team either.

Raised On Riots
LMAO The Gang of 16 has returned!!!!! Hide yer women and children!!!!

I think I actually heard Hootie's labia tear about half way through this thread.

It was glorious.

Coach
09-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Why is it better to have Wade Smith than Schuening? I don't think anyone would disagree with a move like that.

I agree. However, Rome wasn't built overnight.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe TC like the rest of us wants to give Pioli a fair chance and let him have a honeymoon phase without endlessly bashing the guy. He walked into a totally fucked organization so it is going to take awhile to straighten it all out.

Again, no one is saying that this guy should be fired, or Clark should clean house, or anything. But you can't suspend your disbelief just because he's the new guy. We aren't taking up pitchforks, torches, and burning effigies, we're asking questions. And the response we've been met with is a resounding,

"Shut the fuck up, he knows what he's doing because he's Scott Pioli."

Well, Scott Pioli didn't invent scouting. He didn't invent drafting, or trades, and he sure as fuck didn't perfect any of the three.

Tom Brady's not walking through that door, dirk. Vince Wilfork's not walking through that door and Bill Belichick isn't walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through the door, you're going to be damned disappointed.

Count Zarth
09-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Patience....

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Both. There are guys out there who offer at least as much help right now at RT as Ndukwe.

Jamon Meredith is a good project. Shipley and Schuening are nice projects (C and G prospects). Tim Crowder might be worth a look. There are plenty of guys out there who have the physical ability to be much better players than the journeyman who have the physical ability to be third stringers.

Well it appears they have their RT now so that should temporary solve that problem until they move Alberts there next year. ;)

Meredith from what I understand hasn't been picked up by anybody so I guess everyone thinks he stinks plus he dropped big time in the draft so there must be something wrong with the guy. I don't know about the other 2 you listed so I will take your word on it.

JD10367
09-06-2009, 09:18 PM
If I had a child like you I would have skinned it alive with a potato peeler. Your father should be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity for not sucking you out of your mother's **** with a Shop-Vac when he had the chance.

I can't rep you again, but I wish I could. This was such beautiful poetry it brought a tear to my eye. It could only be made better if uttered by Sam Jackson dressed in his Jules costume from "Pulp Fiction".

the Talking Can

yeah, still do...about what we should have done..I wanted stafford and sanchez...have never said otherwise

but we're talking about what's going on now....i can't untrade Cassel

i've already explained my thoughts on the draft and their priorities....but you guys don't pay attention...

right now I'm waiting to see it on the field

this thread is a meltdown about cutting richardson, and you guys are upset that I'm not melting down about a player i don't give a shit about...

sorry....

tk13
Tom Brady's not walking through that door, dirk. Vince Wilfork's not walking through that door and Bill Belichick isn't walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through the door, you're going to be damned disappointed.

Kevin McHale! There's our answer at RT! He's looking for work.

Micjones
09-06-2009, 09:19 PM

We haven't built an Offensive Line yet so young talents like Schuening should be getting phone calls from this organization. Players like Wade Smith are stabilizers, but you better be building your core (or at least trying to) while you're trying to get the ship stable.

Mecca
Patience....

See I don't like that, I think when you have some complete scrubs on your roster with the chance to replace them with no risk high reward types why not go for it?

What is there to lose?

'Hamas' Jenkins
Kevin McHale! There's our answer at RT! He's looking for work.

I was hoping someone would get the reference. McHale's feet are totally shot, though.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I agree. However, Rome wasn't built overnight.

No, it wasn't.

But consider who it is trying to make these points - guys that didn't expect this team to win more than 3 games to begin with.

I can't speak for them, but in my case, I'm more disappointed that they aren't taking advantage of the gift that they have, getting the pick of the litter when it comes to the cuts of the elite teams.

Picking up a Shipley, Meridith, Justice, etc gives you a project for the future, guys you can groom to take over down the road.

There's not a single guy on the OL right now sans Albert that anyone is excited about seeing in 2010, 2011, etc.

These are moves that BUILD a team, not just fill holes. To think this team can't get better in the short and especially long term by signing guys with more potential is ridiculous, IMO.

dirk digler
09-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Again, no one is saying that this guy should be fired, or Clark should clean house, or anything. But you can't suspend your disbelief just because he's the new guy. We aren't taking up pitchforks, torches, and burning effigies, we're asking questions. And the response we've been met with is a resounding,

"Shut the fuck up, he knows what he's doing because he's Scott Pioli."

Well, Scott Pioli didn't invent scouting. He didn't invent drafting, or trades, and he sure as fuck didn't perfect any of the three.

I understand that and I don't necessarily agree with saying he is Scott Pioli so stfu. But on the flip side we haven't played one real game yet and people are all up in arms over moves that we have no idea if they will work or not because they haven't played any real full 4 quarter games.

And you know what though maybe just maybe Cassell is our Brady and Haley is our Belichick and Jackson is our Seymour. Hey you never do know.

Mecca
09-06-2009, 09:22 PM
No, it wasn't.

But consider who it is trying to make these points - guys that didn't expect this team to win more than 3 games to begin with.

I can't speak for them, but in my case, I'm more disappointed that they aren't taking advantage of the gift that they have, getting the pick of the litter when it comes to the cuts of the elite teams.

Picking up a Shipley, Meridith, Justice, etc gives you a project for the future, guys you can groom to take over down the road.

There's not a single guy on the OL right now sans Albert that anyone is excited about seeing in 2010, 2011, etc.

These are moves that BUILD a team, not just fill holes. To think this team can't get better in the short and especially long term by signing guys with more potential is ridiculous, IMO.

I'm with that, I don't see why not taking a shot on these no risk high reward guys, if they don't work out we're in the same spot we are now, I don't see how it's a lose situation.

L.A. Chieffan
maybe pitino could give our guys a pep talk?

Deberg_1990

How do any of us know that Haley isnt the next Belickeck?

How do any of us know that Jackson isnt the next Wilfork?

How do we know that Cassel isnt the next Brady?

None us of do. Is Pioli perfect? No. Hes going to make mistakes. Every GM does.

Point is, its waaay too early to bash Pioli IMO.

tk13
09-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I was hoping someone would get the reference. McHale's feet are totally shot, though.

He'd still be an upgrade over McIntosh. And he could clothesline Rambis when we play the Timberwolves.

Mecca
09-06-2009, 09:24 PM
How do any of us know that Haley isnt the next Belickeck?

How do any of us know that Jackson isnt the next Wilfork?

How do we know that Cassel isnt the next Brady?

None us of do. Is Pioli perfect? No. Hes going to make mistakes. Every GM does.

Point is, its waaay too early to bash Pioli IMO.

Well Jackson doesn't play the same position Wilfork does for one.

splatbass
09-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter who the GM/Coach are, or what moves they make, the usual suspects will not like anything that this team does.

We had the worst DL in the NFL last year, possibly in NFL history, and a pretty bad OL too. It just isn't possible to fix both in one offseason. They decided that they would fix the DL first. I don't know the reasoning (and none of you do either). But I'm really sure if they had fixed the OL first these same guys would be crying because we didn't fix the DL.

I'm going to give Pioli/Haley a chance. That is the only fair and rational thing to do. There is no one anywhere that could take the team from last year and turn them into anything successful in one year. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and give them until next season to get things turned around (and by turned around I don't mean contending for anything, I just mean clearly on the road to getting better).

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 09:25 PM
I understand that and I don't necessarily agree with saying he is Scott Pioli so stfu. But on the flip side we haven't played one real game yet and people are all up in arms over moves that we have no idea if they will work or not because they haven't played any real full 4 quarter games.

And you know what though maybe just maybe Cassell is our Brady and Haley is our Belichick and Jackson is our Seymour. Hey you never do know.

Even if they are, Cassel still dies behind this line. You couldn't make a Madden QB that could survive behind this line with this schedule.

Here's the problem though: when guys are playing for their livelihoods, and not just the result on Sundays, and they are getting their asses whipped by the third teamers of the St. Louis Rams, it doesn't bode well for their ability.

L.A. Chieffan
09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
40 years of sucktitude and 1 playoff win in my lifetime can lead to some skepticism

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
He'd still be an upgrade over McIntosh. And he could clothesline Rambis when we play the Timberwolves.

I always saw the Chief as more of a RT. Nasty, road grader type. Plus he and LJ both like to beat up women, so they've got that in common. And the nickname...I mean, c'mon.