PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs matt cassel update?

chiefbowe82
09-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Is Matt Cassel playing week 1

KCChiefsMan
09-06-2009, 09:56 PM
good question

chiefbowe82
09-06-2009, 09:59 PM
thank you

LaChapelle
09-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Maybe he had the mysterious aliment that befell Colin Brown :shrug:

keg in kc
09-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm sure we'll find out at the last possible moment allowed by the league.

Miles
09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Just by a chiefs hoody and deal with the lack of injury info.

wild1
09-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Isn't Tom Brady listed as questionable every week by the Patriots no matter what?

DaFace
09-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah, we're not going to know hardly anything until the game starts. They do have to release an official injury report on Wednesday that will probably have him listed as questionable, but that's about it.

LaChapelle
09-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Everyone capable of running the ball will be on the 45 dressed list. THIGGGY!!!1

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Isn't Tom Brady listed as questionable every week by the Patriots no matter what?

Yep.

He's been listed as questionable - shoulder for several years leading up to his knee injury.

We'll likely never know the true extent of Cassel's injury.

JD10367
09-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Given that they kept four quarterbacks? I'd bet he's out. Although he'll probably be listed as "Questionable" and it'll be labeled a "game-time decision". Realistically, though... starting him against Baltimore would pretty much be like putting a bullet in the kid's noggin. No way he plays, IMO.

wheeler08
09-06-2009, 10:10 PM
He is our best chance of winning in Baltimore, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they set him out till week2 so he doesn't get killed. Throw Tin Foil Croyle in there for cannon fodder.

WhitiE
09-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Given that they kept four quarterbacks? I'd bet he's out. Although he'll probably be listed as "Questionable" and it'll be labeled a "game-time decision". Realistically, though... starting him against Baltimore would pretty much be like putting a bullet in the kid's noggin. No way he plays, IMO.

i agree. im thinkin he comes back for the raiders but it would probably be best if we brought him back after we play the nfc east.....

Mr_Tomahawk
09-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Probably won't know until game time.

This may be an advantage we have going for us as Baltimore will not know who to focus their gameplan against...

...not that it will be devastating to them if they plan for Brokie and get Cassel.

...but it's 'something' to our advantage. :shrug:

JD10367
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
i agree. im thinkin he comes back for the raiders but it would probably be best if we brought him back after we play the nfc east.....

Well, as I ventured in another thread, I think the Chiefs are probably 2-5 by their bye week and possibly 4-7 before the last five games. But they could easily run the table in those last five, so if things go right early on... :shrug: I know it sounds ridiculous right now, but 9-7 or better is not impossible. Now, key to that would be having Cassel healthy for the second half of the season. And, frankly, the way he went down, it looked like a season-ender. Why rush him back, only to get him killed during the beginning part (and the hardest part) of the season? Let him heal, let Thigpen run for his life for a while and/or see if Croyle can stay healthy, while letting the team get its feet wet.

JD10367
09-06-2009, 10:20 PM

This may be an advantage we have going for us as Baltimore will not know who to focus their gameplan against...

...not that it will be devastating to them if they plan for Brokie and get Cassel.

Yeah, but Baltimore's game plan is probably "Send The House, Kill The QB" no matter who it is. (Actually, more like, "Stuff the run and force the QB to attempt to find a passing target".)

And, sorry, I just can't wrap my head around the "game plan for Croyle or Thigpen" idea... :)

Mr_Tomahawk
09-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah, but Baltimore's game plan is probably "Send The House, Kill The QB" no matter who it is. (Actually, more like, "Stuff the run and force the QB to attempt to find a passing target".)

And, sorry, I just can't wrap my head around the "game plan for Croyle or Thigpen" idea... :)

...meh.

It was my attempt at the glass half full. :D

cdcox
09-06-2009, 10:24 PM
I know it sounds ridiculous right now, but 9-7 or better is not impossible.

Garcia Bronco already has a license on the reverse mojo shtick.

dj56dt58
09-06-2009, 10:29 PM

exactly..hell they might have staged the injury

Saccopoo
09-06-2009, 10:31 PM

Either you are a pussy or you are not a pussy. If they "hold him out" because it's Baltimore, then fire all their chicken shit, yellow bellied asses. 53 guys versus 53 guys all earning a paycheck. Time to do your job. I'm ready for the Chiefs to knock these Ravens dicks right in the dirt.

Time to kick some ass.

Chiefshrink
09-06-2009, 11:03 PM
It's obvious we are not going to the playoffs this year and we just paid this guy a ton of $$ so let's be smart and let the guy heal first IMO.

Chiefshrink
09-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Either you are a pussy or you are not a pussy. If they "hold him out" because it's Baltimore, then fire all their chicken shit, yellow bellied asses. 53 guys versus 53 guys all earning a paycheck. Time to do your job. I'm ready for the Chiefs to knock these Ravens dicks right in the dirt.

Time to kick some ass.

Playing wiith those barbie dolls I'm sure you do alot of ass kicking already:D

Raised On Riots
09-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Everyone capable of running the ball will be on the 45 dressed list. THIGGGY!!!1

http://www.nomigraines.org/images/migraine-headache.jpg

Tribal Warfare
09-06-2009, 11:15 PM

Time to kick some ass.

If Cassel is at 70%, meaning is unable to move around the pocket to the best of his ability then it would be fuckin idiotic to have him toe tagged in the 1st game of the season.

cj2wr
09-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Playing wiith those barbie dolls I'm sure you do alot of ass kicking already

Being a good Fantasy Football GM wont make you a good real one. Cassel will play if he is healthy hands down.

splatbass
09-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Throw Tin Foil Croyle in there for cannon fodder.

Croyle took some pretty good hits Thursday and got back up. I don't think he is a fragile as most on here think. I think he just had some bad luck last year.

JuicesFlowing
09-07-2009, 01:19 AM
He is our best chance of winning in Baltimore, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they set him out till week2 so he doesn't get killed. Throw Tin Foil Croyle in there for cannon fodder.

LOL well there's one I haven't heard yet. I like it.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 01:21 AM
LOL well there's one I haven't heard yet. I like it.

Well fuck, I thought EVERYONE was thinking that way!

BWillie
09-07-2009, 01:21 AM
I think Pioli and Co faked the injury. Wouldn't put it past 'em

salame
09-07-2009, 01:23 AM
I think Pioli and Co faked the injury. Wouldn't put it past 'em

he looked pretty hurt to me
but I think he may be ok and they are making it sound worse than it is

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 01:31 AM
I'd lock him up at John Knox Village until Baltimore has passed and the team returned to KCI.

Simply Red
09-07-2009, 01:35 AM
I'd lock him up at John Knox Village until Baltimore has passed and the team returned to KCI.

that's where all the GILFS are.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 01:36 AM
that's where all the GILFS are.

LMAO Rep.

salame
09-07-2009, 01:38 AM
gilf lol

Micjones
09-07-2009, 02:21 AM
IF he's healthy he should play.
This bullshit about him sitting out because it's Baltimore is dumb.
You can't run and hide everytime a good defense steps on the field with you.

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 02:26 AM
IF he's healthy he should play.
This bullshit about him sitting out because it's Baltimore is dumb.
You can't run and hide everytime a good defense steps on the field with you.

60 million reasons one shite piece of O-line say, "YES, GIORGIO"!

Yes you can!

Micjones
09-07-2009, 02:30 AM
60 million reasons one shite piece of O-line say, "YES, GIORGIO"!

Yes you can!

And just how valuable is that $60M QB when he's holding a clipboard on the sidelines?

Raised On Riots
09-07-2009, 02:40 AM
And just how valuable is that $60M QB when he's holding a clipboard on the sidelines?

He's already been through that stage. I appreciate your competitive spirit, but this team has barely laid the first set of foundational stones for the pyramid.
If he's not 100 percent, and if he can't be 100 percent against the Ravens defense; he should not play.

It's a long season, and I don't want him permanently damaged. Starting him for the home opener is perfectly acceptable.

Pioli Zombie
09-07-2009, 05:54 AM

I'm sure the Ravens are trembling at the thought of trying to stop the Chiefs offense. The coaching staff can't keep the defensive players from laughing during the film sessions.
This game has 27-3 written all over it.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
09-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Sit him out a couple games to get the new OL clicking 1st.

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Just throw down the $109.95, like a man, and be done with it.

TRR
09-07-2009, 07:06 AM
If Cassel isn't playing I may miss my first season opener in 10 plus years...save myself the pain.
Posted via Mobile Device

ElGringo
09-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Wow, I agree with what some are saying here. Sounds like some of you want Cassel not to play even if he is 100% just because it is the Ravens. I just don't get that, if he is healthy, play, if not don't. The team we are playing against shouldn't make a difference. Play the players that give us the best chance to win (even if the best chance is minimal), I thought that is what we brought Pioli and Haley in for.

KC Jones
09-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Just by a chiefs hoody and deal with the lack of injury info.

LMAO

BarrySPAMAID
09-07-2009, 07:28 AM
I think that all of the hype about Cassel's injury is exactly what it is. Hype.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if Cassel started opening day, and the Chiefs announce that he is 100% healthy.

Again, nothing has ever been reported about his injury. For all we know, he's fine.

Chief Faithful
09-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Sit him out a couple games to get the new OL clicking 1st.

That is the definition of optimism.

salame
09-07-2009, 08:20 AM
It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if Cassel started opening day, and the Chiefs announce that he is 100% healthy.

Again, nothing has ever been reported about his injury. For all we know, he's fine.

this

dellzip
09-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Is Matt Cassel playing week 1
Hope so!

TRR
09-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Croyle took some pretty good hits Thursday and got back up. I don't think he is a fragile as most on here think. I think he just had some bad luck last year.

Lol! Croyle missed significant time in high school, college, and now the NFL. If memory serves, he has now blown out both knees, and couldn't get through one game last season.

He is the definition of injury prone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Arrowhead
09-07-2009, 10:04 AM
honestly what kind of message does it send your football team if Cassel is healthy and can play, but you sit him out just because ur playing the Ravens. If Haley did this, he would lose his team in Week 1

Mr. Arrowhead
09-07-2009, 10:05 AM
http://twitter.com/JoshLooney

QB Matt Cassel in full pads today. Flowers Page and O'Connell too. That's encouraging.

cdcox
09-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Leak! Leak!

SNR
09-07-2009, 10:21 AM
honestly what kind of message does it send your football team if Cassel is healthy and can play, but you sit him out just because ur playing the Ravens. If Haley did this, he would lose his team in Week 1If he's practicing today, there's no way he misses game 1. That's not the Patriot way or whatever the fuck it is.

MatriculatingHank
09-07-2009, 10:22 AM
http://pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=260289&Itemid=28

Quick Hit Announces Starting Line-Up of 2009 NFL Players

Quick Hit, Inc. ("Quick Hit"), a leading developer and publisher of premium, free-to-play online sports games, today announced its five "Starters" for the 2009 Quick Hit Football™ season. The National Football League superstars include:

-- Matt Cassel - Quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs
-- Ray Lewis - Linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens
-- Osi Umenyiora - Defensive End for the New York Giants
-- Brian Westbrook - Running Back for the Philadelphia Eagles
-- Jason Witten - Tight End for the Dallas Cowboys

As Starters, these five NFL stand-outs will be prominently featured in the single player version of the game and throughout the website. Each Starter will have a key role on one of the Head Coach teams this season, including teams led by Bill Cowher, Brian Billick, Jimmy Johnson, Dan Reeves and Tom Landry. Fans will see, for example, the incomparable Ray Lewis reunited under the expert leadership of Coach Billick, and get a chance to experience his bone-crushing tackles first-hand in a free-to-play, online football game.

"Our 2009 Starters are some of the premier players in the NFL and give even more authenticity to Quick Hit Football," said Jeffrey Anderson, founder and CEO of Quick Hit. "We're excited to offer fans the chance to play against these elite players -- whether it's trying to stop Umenyiora's pass rush or Westbrook's power sweep."

Fans will be able to play against Quick Hit Football's 2009 Starters in single-player mode:

-- Matt Cassel -- He burst into the NFL as the New England Patriots'
starting Quarterback last season, leading them to an impressive 11-5 record
while passing for 21 TDs and 3,693 yards. He's only the fifth player to
have back-to-back 400-yard passing games.

Chiefs=Good
09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Oh noes the Quick Hit Curse!

bevischief
09-07-2009, 11:04 AM

The conditioning under Haley versus Herm is the difference.

Chiefaholic
09-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Bump for TRR...Happy now?

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Starting QB Matt Cassel was taking part in the team’s Monday morning practice, dressed out in full pads like everyone else. Cassel did appear to be wearing a brace on his injured left knee.

With the regular season underway, the media is allowed only a brief 20-25 minute glimpse into practice. In that time, Cassel worked with the other three quarterbacks on individual position drills. When the QBs shuffled through some pads on the ground, Cassel did not take part.

And when he worked taking a snap and dropping back to pass, he did so gingerly. Same with his follow through on that left leg. It was obvious that he was far from 100 percent.

http://www.bobgretz.com/

You figure he's just hoping for an Oscar?