PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Matt Cassel in full pads today

dallaschiefsfan
09-07-2009, 10:12 AM
KC_Chiefs1QB Matt Cassel in full pads today. Flowers Page and O'Connell too. That's encouraging. (via @JoshLooney)

WhitiE
09-07-2009, 10:20 AM
what wrong with posting this in Matt Cassel update

ahahaha because that means one less thread..... and we all know we cant have that.....

Hog Farmer
09-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Its better this has its own thread.

Good news!

dallaschiefsfan
09-07-2009, 10:22 AM

Post it there if you want. For people like me, I don't have time to search general threads for relevant news. The headline is worth a new thread, IMO.

JD10367
09-07-2009, 10:25 AM
The way he looked when he went out of that game, if I were a Chiefs fan the only pad I'd want Cassel in is his own pad, relaxing and chillin' on the couch until week two. Putting him in against Baltimore, if he's anything less than 100%, is short-bus hockey-helmet special. And after that hit, and the way he looked, there's no way he's 100%. Let him rest another week. Let Thigpen run for his life.

TRR
09-07-2009, 10:27 AM
YEA BABY!

This definitely deserves its own thread!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover
09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Agree, this deserves its own thread.

I mean could I start a "Official Todd Haley" Thread and bitch at people for not putting everything about him in there. I mean seriously, its out starting QB, I'm thrilled to hear he is in pads.

KCUnited
09-07-2009, 10:31 AM
With word that Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel was seen working in full pads today, its being rumored that the Baltimore Ravens are contemplating sitting Ed Reed for their opening weekend contest. Due to the high powered Chiefs attack under Cassel, the Ravens likely don't want to risk injury to their high profile safety. Looks like Cassel may have shown up just in time to save the Chiefs season. We'll see on Sunday. (via @asstasteslikecrabcake)

MahiMike
09-07-2009, 10:32 AM
DECOY!!! Pioli magic.

Hog Farmer
The way he looked when he went out of that game, if I were a Chiefs fan the only pad I'd want Cassel in is his own pad, relaxing and chillin' on the couch until week two. Putting him in against Baltimore, if he's anything less than 100%, is short-bus hockey-helmet special. And after that hit, and the way he looked, there's no way he's 100%. Let him rest another week. Let Thigpen run for his life.

He wasn't hurt that bad, In fact he went back to the huddle before it crossed his mind he could sit out and still get paid.

dallaschiefsfan

Uhhh...ok. Unless you have insider info on the injury, I'm going to assume the team doctors know what they're doing...in spite of your scientific approach to studying the expression on his face.

After the huge contract, I'm doubting they're putting their investment on the field this Sunday if he's at-risk for injury. Besides, just because he's in full pads doesn't mean he's a shoe-in to start. Personally, I think he starts if he's reasonably close to 100%.

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2009, 10:33 AM
With word that Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel was seen working in full pads today, its being rumored that the Baltimore Ravens are contemplating sitting Ed Reed for their opening weekend contest. Due to the high powered Chiefs attack under Cassel, the Ravens likely don't want to risk injury to their high profile safety. Looks like Cassel may have shown up just in time to save the Chiefs season. We'll see on Sunday. (via @asstasteslikecrabcake)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl.gif

ArrowheadHawk
09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Thats Great!
http://jensorlie.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/tony-the-tiger-frosties.jpg

Mr. Arrowhead
09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Beside every week is high risk for anyone and everyone in the NFL

RJ
09-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Agree, this deserves its own thread.

I mean could I start a "Official Todd Haley" Thread and bitch at people for not putting everything about him in there. I mean seriously, its out starting QB, I'm thrilled to hear he is in pads.

Heck, you could start an "Official Chiefs News" thread. That would really simplify things.

Glad to hear about Cassel, but I hope they don't start him if he's anything less than 100%. No sense in risking further injury.

Hog Farmer
09-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Heck, you could start an "Official Chiefs News" thread. That would really simplify things.

Glad to hear about Cassel, but I hope they don't start him if he's anything less than 100%. No sense in risking further injury.

Really doesn't matter if he's 100% or not. He's gonna have a concussion , cracked ribs and a ruptured spleen before the 2nd qtr.

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Good news and very glad to see Flowers out there as well

BigChiefFan
09-07-2009, 10:42 AM
He makes too much money to be riding the pine. Fuck the Ravens, we've got 53 guys, too. I say we roll in there and eeck out a win.

ArrowheadHawk
09-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Really doesn't matter if he's 100% or not. He's gonna have a concussion , cracked ribs and a ruptured spleen before the 2nd qtr.

Way to stay optimistic.

dallaschiefsfan
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Good news and very glad to see Flowers out there as well

Yeah...I should change the thread title. This is significant in its own right.

Coogs
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Here is the update at 11:31 from Looney...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/07/access_arrowhead_blog__the_real_deal/

CHIEFS MONDAY PRACTICE
September 7th – 11:31 AM

The Chiefs were back on the practice field this morning with considerably less bodies. After watching over a month of 80 players practicing, 61 on the field this morning causes a double-take. Practice observations won’t be what they were during training camp, for obvious reasons. But here is what I can tell you.

•QB Matt Cassel was in full pads and practicing with the team. He wore a brace on this left knee and did all individual drills that the QBs participated in.
•CB Brandon Flowers, TE Jake O’Connell and S Jarrad Page were all back after missing the final preseason game.
•The only player in the “rehab zone” was RB Kolby Smith.
•As far as injuries go, the Chiefs don’t have to put injury tags on any player until 3:00 PM on Wednesday. That is the first mandatory day for the Chiefs to submit an injury report.
•New offensive tackle Ryan Callaghan was on-field and practicing, wearing #75.
•DE Dion Gales switches to #70, while LB Pierre Walters now wears #97.

Hog Farmer
09-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Dion Gales.... Pierre Walters..... sheesh...what a team

dallaschiefsfan
09-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Here is the update at 11:31 from Looney...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/07/access_arrowhead_blog__the_real_deal/

CHIEFS MONDAY PRACTICE
September 7th – 11:31 AM

The Chiefs were back on the practice field this morning with considerably less bodies. After watching over a month of 80 players practicing, 61 on the field this morning causes a double-take. Practice observations won’t be what they were during training camp, for obvious reasons. But here is what I can tell you.

•QB Matt Cassel was in full pads and practicing with the team. He wore a brace on this left knee and did all individual drills that the QBs participated in.
•CB Brandon Flowers, TE Jake O’Connell and S Jarrad Page were all back after missing the final preseason game.
•The only player in the “rehab zone” was RB Kolby Smith.
•As far as injuries go, the Chiefs don’t have to put injury tags on any player until 3:00 PM on Wednesday. That is the first mandatory day for the Chiefs to submit an injury report.
•New offensive tackle Ryan Callaghan was on-field and practicing, wearing #75.
•DE Dion Gales switches to #70, while LB Pierre Walters now wears #97.

Isn't it "O'Callaghan"? Looney should know better.

FringeNC
09-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Odds of the new OT starting Sunday?

Mr. Krab
09-07-2009, 10:52 AM
who the fug is josh looney?

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
if he's healthy, he plays

it is that simple....you don't hold out your damn QB because you're afraid...

crazycoffey
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM

because I wouldn't have seen it unless it was in it's own thread.

KC kid
09-07-2009, 10:55 AM
I can't believe how beat down and defeated some of our fellow Chiefs fans are. I want to win. You put your best out there. Grow a pair. Do you really want a team that backs down? Don't throw the 63 million bullshit at me either.

Haley and Pioli are here to win. Seems like some of you fans are just scared little bitches.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Odds of the new OT starting Sunday?

I would say the odds are pretty good, considering we don't have anyone else on the roster that can play the position.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I can't believe how beat down and defeated some of our fellow Chiefs fans are. I want to win. You put your best out there. Grow a pair. Do you really want a team that backs down? Don't throw the 63 million bullshit at me either.

Haley and Pioli are here to win. Seems like some of you fans are just scared little bitches.

Agree.

Hopefully Cassel can go Sunday.

dallaschiefsfan
09-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I would say the odds are pretty good, considering we don't have anyone else on the roster that can play the position.

Yeah...THIS.

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 10:59 AM
How is this not new thread worthy?

It's +rep for thread starter worthy.

RJ
09-07-2009, 11:07 AM

I agree, but he needs to be 100%. No sense in sending him out there and have the injury get worse. And I don't say this because it's the ravens, I say this because it's the first game of the season and I don't want to lose our brand new shiny starting quarterback for an extended period of time.

Mr. Krab
09-07-2009, 11:09 AM
This

We only have 3 OT's on the roster

Albert
O'callaghan
NoDickWeed

dallaschiefsfan
09-07-2009, 11:15 AM
This

We only have 3 OT's on the roster

Albert
O'callaghan
NoDickWeed

I thought this as well...but stand corrected. New depth chart has O'Callaghan as the backup...

TRR
09-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Gretz reported that Cassel took part in the practice but was still ginger on the knee today.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
09-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Here the full Gretz take upp to this point...

http://www.bobgretz.com/

September 7, 2009 - Bob Gretz

From the Truman Sports Complex

Starting QB Matt Cassel was taking part in the team’s Monday morning practice, dressed out in full pads like everyone else. Cassel did appear to be wearing a brace on his injured left knee.

With the regular season underway, the media is allowed only a brief 20-25 minute glimpse into practice. In that time, Cassel worked with the other three quarterbacks on individual position drills. When the QBs shuffled through some pads on the ground, Cassel did not take part.

And when he worked taking a snap and dropping back to pass, he did so gingerly. Same with his follow through on that left leg. It was obvious that he was far from 100 percent. True indication will be how his knee responds to the work he does today. The Chiefs do not have a practice on Tuesday, so that’s an extra day for his knee to recover.

All 60 players on the roster and practice squad were dressed and working through the position drills. That included TE Jake O’Connell, CB Brandon Flowers and FS Jarrad Page, who all missed practice time last week.

When the back eight on the No. 1 defense lined up it looked like this: OLB Mike Vrabel and Tamba Hali; ILB Demorrio Williams and Corey Mays; CB Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr; S Jon McGraw and Mike Brown. On the team’s unofficial depth chart that was released on Monday, LB Derrick Johnson was listed on the third team.

Working with the No. 1 offensive line at RT was Ikechuku Ndukwe. Also on the field was OT Ryan O’Callaghan, who is wearing No. 75.

RippedmyFlesh
09-07-2009, 11:37 AM

LB Derrick Johnson was listed on the third team.

Should have tried to trade him before doing that.

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Gretz reported that Cassel took part in the practice but was still ginger on the knee today.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess a QB wouldn't be a Mary Ann type.

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Pissed off DJ may be better.

splatbass
09-07-2009, 11:49 AM

Exactly. What message would that send to the team? That the head coach has no confidence in them at all.

RippedmyFlesh
09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Pissed off DJ may be better.
Thats true but another team could use that if they did try to trade him.
And I don't see them putting themselves in a weaker bargaining position on purpose. So this tells me they prob won't trade him.

splatbass
09-07-2009, 11:51 AM
I thought this as well...but stand corrected. New depth chart has O'Callaghan as the backup...

Probably only because he just walked in the door. I would expect him to move up pretty quickly.

DBOSHO
09-07-2009, 11:52 AM
fuckin fuck the ravens

Tuckdaddy
09-07-2009, 11:53 AM
DJ? Third team? Get the fugg outta here?

Chiefaholic
09-07-2009, 11:55 AM
YEA BABY!

This definitely deserves its own thread!
Posted via Mobile Device

And which thread title suggests our $60 million QB is suiting up this week? I had to search through misleading thread titles to respond to the "official" depth chart post to avoid the repost police.

Halfcan
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
well lets hope he plays

FringeNC
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
The Chiefs are now a whopping +12.5 and the game is off the board. It appears Vegas doesn't think he is going to play, but isn't sure enough to allow large action.

Edit: It's moved to +13 in the last five minutes.

TRR
09-07-2009, 11:57 AM
And which thread title suggests our $60 million QB is suiting up this week? I had to search through misleading thread titles to respond to the "official" depth chart post to avoid the repost police.

Wow! What a rough life. I'm so sorry you had to waste an extra 10 minutes...

What a joke
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
09-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow! What a rough life. I'm so sorry you had to waste an extra 10 minutes...

What a joke
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with him, the thread titles can be misleading sometimes. ROR for example had a bad time doing that all the time. If I logged on I missed the chiefs news because he had a douche title. busting on someone for feeling this way? mmmmmm, what a joke.....

TRR
09-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I agree with him, the thread titles can be misleading sometimes. ROR for example had a bad time doing that all the time. If I logged on I missed the chiefs news because he had a douche title. busting on someone for feeling this way? mmmmmm, what a joke.....

Get over it...
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
09-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Get over it...
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL, ok herm.... :D

TRR
09-07-2009, 12:14 PM
LOL, ok herm.... :D

Ok sandy vagina.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefaholic
09-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Looks like somebody has hurt feelings because there's one less poop thread on the first page. The most important person on the offensive side of the ball might play this weekend. That's kind of important....

crazycoffey
09-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Ok sandy vagina.
Posted via Mobile Device

well then, eat a bag of dicks

TRR
09-07-2009, 12:26 PM
well then, eat a bag of dicks

I don't even know what that means.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dottefan
09-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Post it there if you want. For people like me, I don't have time to search general threads for relevant news. The headline is worth a new thread, IMO.

Love the sig pic by the way lol

DBOSHO
09-07-2009, 12:34 PM

ehhh its OKAYYYYY

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 12:39 PM

http://www.bobgretz.com/

September 7, 2009 - Bob Gretz

From the Truman Sports Complex

Starting QB Matt Cassel was taking part in the team’s Monday morning practice, dressed out in full pads like everyone else. Cassel did appear to be wearing a brace on his injured left knee.

With the regular season underway, the media is allowed only a brief 20-25 minute glimpse into practice. In that time, Cassel worked with the other three quarterbacks on individual position drills. When the QBs shuffled through some pads on the ground, Cassel did not take part.

And when he worked taking a snap and dropping back to pass, he did so gingerly. Same with his follow through on that left leg. It was obvious that he was far from 100 percent. True indication will be how his knee responds to the work he does today. The Chiefs do not have a practice on Tuesday, so that’s an extra day for his knee to recover.

All 60 players on the roster and practice squad were dressed and working through the position drills. That included TE Jake O’Connell, CB Brandon Flowers and FS Jarrad Page, who all missed practice time last week.

When the back eight on the No. 1 defense lined up it looked like this: OLB Mike Vrabel and Tamba Hali; ILB Demorrio Williams and Corey Mays; CB Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr; S Jon McGraw and Mike Brown. On the team’s unofficial depth chart that was released on Monday, LB Derrick Johnson was listed on the third team.

Working with the No. 1 offensive line at RT was Ikechuku Ndukwe. Also on the field was OT Ryan O’Callaghan, who is wearing No. 75.

wonder if he was working with the first team or just going through drills...

dallaschiefsfan
09-07-2009, 12:51 PM

Thanks...but I must update since Herm's gone...but I'm conflicted since my Herm-hate still burns like the embers of an extinguished fire...

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
woot. to the ship...

Tribal Warfare
09-07-2009, 01:56 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/KC

Monday, September 07, 2009
2:24:01 pm QB Matt Cassel walked off the field on Monday with an ice bag strapped to his left knee after taking part in some of the Chiefs practice.

1:57:35 pm When the Chiefs called for their No. 1 base defense in Monday's practice, here's how the back eight lined up: OLB - Tamba Hali and Mike Vrabel; ILB - Demorrio Williams and Corey Mays; CB - Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr; S - Jon McGraw and Mike Brown.

1:53:01 pm The Chiefs had all hands on deck this morning for their first practice of the regular season. The only person working in the rehab area was RB Kolby Smith, who's on the PUP List. All of the other recently injured players - CB Brandon Flowers, FS Jarrad Page, TE Jake O'Connell - were dressed and practicing.

1:47:04 pm Chiefs starting QB Matt Cassel was dressed and working with the team at this morning's practice. Cassel suffered a sprained MCL in his left knee on Aug. 29 and hadn't been on the field since. Wearing a knee brace, Cassel was doing individual position drills early in practice. He moved tentatively in his pass drops and stepped forward gingerly when releasing passes.

crazycoffey
09-07-2009, 01:59 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/KC

Nice! or cool, I guess. IDK how I'm supposed to feel anymore....