PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Barry Richardson signed to practice squad

Mr. Krab
09-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Barry Richardson Returns; Chiefs Practice Squad Complete

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/profile_images/77308/TG_tiny.jpg by Joel Thorman (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/users/Joel%20Thorman) on Sep 7, 2009 6:02 PM CDT (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/9/7/1020064/barry-richardson-returns-chiefs)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/243775/8947_medium.jpg (http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/243775/8947.jpg)

When the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/KAN) released second year tackle Barry Richardson (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34483/Barry_Richardson) yesterday, it was to make room for newcomer Ryan O'Callaghan (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1694/Ryan_O). Many of us thought the move was made under the assumption that Richardson would clear waivers and return to the team as a member of the practice squad.
Looks like we were right (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/07/access_arrowhead_blog__the_real_deal).

Barry Richardson is the eighth and final member of the Chiefs practice squad. The other members are as follows:

CB Jackie Bates
TE Tom Crabtree
DE Dion Gales
DE Bobby Greenwood
G Darryl Harris (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/9/nfl/players/78016/Darryl_Harris)
RB Javarris Williams
WR Rodney Wright

Every member of the Chiefs initial practice squad was a participant in the team's training camp. With the lack of depth at tackle, I would expect the Chiefs to activate Richardson at some point throughout the season barring any major additions.

kstater
09-07-2009, 07:13 PM
So he cleared waivers? All the other 31 teams didn't claim him?

philfree
09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
So he cleared waivers? All the other 31 teams didn't claim him?

Yup! Pretty much a season saver.

PhilFree:arrow:

keg in kc
09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
That's what I expected.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Whew...thank god hes still a Chief.

chiefzilla1501
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Good. Not that he's the answer, but we need a backup left tackle.

One problem is, if Albert goes down in the middle of the game, then what? Maybe when the Chiefs figure out which of the 4 QBs to cut, he goes back onto the roster?

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
The kool aid is saved.

kstater
09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Our season is saved now that no other team wanted him.

bevischief
We are ddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddd.

the Talking Can
i fucking hate pioli

Iowanian
09-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I'd have thought they might have been able to find...oh.....some BETTER players from any of the other 31 teams to fill at least 1 of those 8 spots.

DaFace
09-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Good. Not that he's the answer, but we need a backup left tackle.

One problem is, if Albert goes down in the middle of the game, then what? Maybe when the Chiefs figure out which of the 4 QBs to cut, he goes back onto the roster?

According to the depth chart, they shove Ndukwe over there and use O'Callaghan to RT. It's not a pleasant scenario, but Looney posted an interesting discussion of the number of OL on teams around the NFL today:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/09/07/access_arrowhead_blog__the_real_deal/

PLAYING EIGHT-MAN FOOTBALL
September 7th Ė 10:02 AM

One of the biggest concerns Iíve heard regarding the Chiefs current roster is the lack of depth on the offensive line. Fans have expressed via email, message boards and Twitter that eight offensive linemen is concerning to them.

Rostering eight offensive linemen does stretch a team thin at that position, but it also enables the club to carry another position spot that may be a necessity (usually an extra special teams player, but in the Chiefs case it might be the fourth QB). Carrying eight offensive linemen also means that each is likely to be active on opening day (45 of 53 dress on game day).

Regardless, the Chiefs arenít alone as nine other teams also are only rostering eight offensive linemen. Thatís 31% of the league, so not necessarily a rare move. Below is a listing of each NFL team and the amount of offensive linemen they currently carry on their roster.

NE -10

DAL - 10

NYG - 10

PHI - 10

WAS - 10

STL - 10

BAL - 9

CIN - 9

PIT - 9

HOU - 9

IND - 9

JAX - 9

OAK - 9

DET - 9

GB - 9

MIN - 9

ATL - 9

CAR - 9

NO - 9

TB - 9

ARZ - 9

SEA - 9

KC - 8

BUF - 8

MIA - 8

NYJ - 8

CLE - 8

TEN - 8

DEN - 8

SD - 8

CHI - 8

SF - 8

RedThat
09-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I think O'Callahan will be a good player,

wild1
09-07-2009, 07:39 PM
damn you Pee-Holey for almost losing our savior...

Deberg_1990
09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
My guess as to why they carried 4 QB's is because they didnt expect Cassel to be ready for Baltimore.

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Carl waived Joe Montana the first year after the trade. Good thing no teams picked him up.

Iowanian
09-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I think they're holding onto Thigpen, waiting for a QB to get hurt in the league and someone to overpay for him.....

in theory it works....But I'd rather have another lineman than 4th qb.

milkman
09-07-2009, 07:53 PM
You ****ing dumbasses don't ****ing get it.

It was never aabout cutting Richardson.

It was about only bringing in one ****ing O-Lineman from the waiver wire when we stil have nothing but swirling turds in the ****ing toilet.

And in case you haven't noticed, Ichtchyass Ndukwe sucks even more than Damian ****ing McIntosh at that tackle spot.

And if Branden Albert goes down to injry, we ar beyond ****ed at LT.

And Ryan O'Callighan is not any ****ing better than the rest of the stiffs we've lined up there.

kstater
09-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Eh, I'm overly worried about the line. If push comes to shove, they can just run a modified spread to buy Cassel some more time. Might even think about running some more screens and quick slants to ward off some of the rushes.

DaFace
09-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Tell us how you really feel, milkman.

Short Leash Hootie
09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
we should have traded our 1st for Joe Thomas
our 2011 first for Steve Hutchinson
and then our 2012 and 2013 1st for Calvin Johnson
and then our 2010 2nd and the Falcons 2010 2nd for Casey Hampton

Deberg_1990

It was about only bringing in one ****ing O-Lineman from the waiver wire when we stil have nothing but swirling turds in the ****ing toilet.

And in case you haven't noticed, Ichtchyass Ndukwe sucks even more than Damian ****ing McIntosh at that tackle spot.

And Ryan O'Callighan is not any ****ing better than the rest of the stiffs we've lined up there.

Good lord, go take your meds...

You know as well as anyone on here the Chiefs will not be competing for anything this year no matter who they brought in here.

I cant believe we are arguing about the bottom of the Chiefs roster.

tk13
If Albert goes down we're screwed anyway.

milkman
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Good lord, go take your meds...

You know as well as anyone on here the Chiefs will not be competing for anything this year no matter who they brought in here.

I cant believe we are arguing about the bottom of the Chiefs roster.

We aren't arguing about the bottom of the Chiefs roster.

We are arguing about the starting RT position, not to mention the starting RG and the starting center.

Direckshun
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM

ROFL

ILChief
09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I bet barry is activated when one of the qb's gets released

RedThat
09-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't people understand that when you bring in a new regime your team is going to undergo a rebuilding process?

You can't rebuild your whole team in 1 off-season? the chiefs did a pretty good job of addressing some of the positions on the team that needed to be upgraded. unfortunately, the offensive line wasn't one of them. but it's not like they aren't trying?

Geez, some ppl just need to get a grip. The team had many holes as it is, so why complain? It's gonna take some time. Patience is definately required in these type of situations. Give it time. The least we should hope for as fans is improvement. We will be better then 2-14, and hopefully some of the positions that we are weak in this year will be addressed and filled in the next upcoming off-season. That way the Chiefs can keep improving and grow stronger as a team in the future.

Fruit Ninja
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
it is what it is, we will suck no matter what.

Mr. Krab
09-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Tell us how you really feel, milkman.
He didn't type with caps, he's not upset.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Don't people understand that when you bring in a new regime your team is going to undergo a rebuilding process?

You can't rebuild your whole team in 1 off-season? the chiefs did a pretty good job of addressing some of the positions on the team that needed to be upgraded. unfortunately, the offensive line wasn't one of them. but it's not like they aren't trying?

Geez, some ppl just need to get a grip. The team had many holes as it is, so why complain? It's gonna take some time. Patience is definately required in these type of situations. Give it time. The least we should hope for as fans is improvement. We will be better then 2-14, and hopefully some of the positions that we are weak in this year will be addressed and filled in the next upcoming off-season. That way the Chiefs can keep improving and grow stronger as a team in the future.

If you can't replace every one of the 53 men who brought you to 2-14 with All Pros in under 8 months, you're useless.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 08:15 PM
He didn't type with caps, he's not upset.

LMAO

doomy3
09-07-2009, 08:16 PM
This is the problem with the board. Some guys spend all this time trying to figure out how they would solve the problems and certain names become popular.

Guys like Jamon Meredith, Pashos, Matt Jones, whoever.

Then, when we don't sign them, they throw a fit because clearly if they thought they were an upgrade over what is on the roster, then they must really be.

Micjones
Good deal. Now activate him and stop with this foolishness.
Then resign Herb Taylor (your backup LT).

RedThat
If you can't replace every one of the 53 men who brought you to 2-14 with All Pros in under 8 months, you're useless.

is this sarcasm? if it is its pretty good.

Deberg_1990

No alot of guys dont understand that.

A team thats won 6 games in two years, been poorly run for the past 10 should magically be re-stocked in one offseason right? :)

I understand the frustration and lack of patience after the CP era, but people just need to relax.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 08:21 PM
How fucking funny is it to see the same people ask why Atlanta and Miami was able to make a one-year turnaround, and expect the same back in February, make comments that you can't expect more out of the Executive of the Decade in September.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 08:25 PM
No alot of guys dont understand that.

A team thats won 6 games in two years, been poorly run for the past 10 should magically be re-stocked in one offseason right? :)

I understand the frustration and lack of patience after the CP era, but people just need to relax.

Dude, c'mon.

No one is expecting th entire team to be restocked.

But all we were told starting in February is how the Executive of the Decade would make this team competitive now.

Most of us laughed, but what I'm laughing at now is the same people claiming that Pioli can't fix it all in one offseason - after saying "why not us" when seeing what happened in Atlanta and Miami.

But seriously, you didn't expect the Executive of the Decade to come up with more that this? How do you only find one guy out of hundreds that can be an upgrade to the worst OL in the NFL?

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Dude, c'mon.

But all we were told starting in February is how the Executive of the Decade would make this team competitive now.

Most of us laughed, but what I'm laughing at now is the same people claiming that Pioli can't fix it all in one offseason - after saying "why not us" when seeing what happened in Atlanta and Miami.

But seriously, you didn't expect the Executive of the Decade to come up with more that this? How do you only find one guy out of hundreds that can be an upgrade to the worst OL in the NFL?

They've gotten 4 veterans along with a draftee. You, and the rest of the complainers, keep ignoring that.

DaFace
09-07-2009, 08:27 PM
How fucking funny is it to see the same people ask why Atlanta and Miami was able to make a one-year turnaround, and expect the same back in February, make comments that you can't expect more out of the Executive of the Decade in September.

I think part of the issue may be that it seems like you exaggerate others' positions a bit. For example, I think it's POSSIBLE that the Chiefs could have a nice, quick turnaround. Even now, we really don't know what the team's going to look like. Do I think it's likely? Nope. But that doesn't mean I'm going to go crying "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!" on the streets tonight, nor does it mean I'm going to sulk in misery before the team even takes the field.

On the other hand, I do think that you have to give the new regime more time before you can start assuming they're running around with their heads up their asses. Pioli hasn't even had his own scouts working for him for 6 months yet. But does that mean that I don't have some concerns about some of the moves he's done so far? Of course not.

It's easy on a message board to get stuck in a debate that is based on blacks and whites (no, not THOSE blacks and whites, you racist bastards), when in reality, most people are in the gray somewhere. At least that's my opinion.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 08:28 PM
They've gotten 4 veterans along with a draftee. You, and the rest of the complainers, keep ignoring that.

That aren't any better than what they released. That's Carl Peterson-esque.

I would expect the Executive of the Year to be able to distinguish between levels of suck.

Swapping suck for suck is spinning your wheels, getting nowhere.

But keep going with the "he's trying" bit.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Dude, c'mon.

Personally ive never thought that we could compete right away.

Ive said for awhile now that 5 or 6 wins is more realistic. Ill stick with that as long as they can keep Cassel healthy.

The Pats won only 5 games in Pioli's and Belicheks first year.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM

Which is why I didn't call you out specifically.

But you have to admit that many, many people were wondering why we couldn't make the same turnaround that Atlanta and Miami made - and are now asking for time, saying that it can't be done.

My stance hasn't changed. I've said all along they are gonna suck.

But it's fun to watch all the flip-flopping that's occurred over the past 6 months.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 08:33 PM

I would expect the Executive of the Year to be able to distinguish between levels of suck.

ROFL

So, in one post you're complaining because we haven't picked up other trash. But then when someone points out that we have made a few moves, those guys suck.

NEWSFLASH:

We could have picked up every player that was on waivers, and they probably all would have sucked. Just because Jamon Meredith or whoever else has gotten a lot of play on this board, does not automatically make them better than what's on our roster.

the Talking Can
09-07-2009, 08:34 PM

this is why i can't wait until we fire pioli....any other gm would have been canned a long time ago...

Marcellus
09-07-2009, 08:34 PM

I think the issue is we haven't played 1 single down of meaningful football and some people here are acting like Pioli and Haley are complete idiots. Time will tell that story either way.

We have a shit ton of genius NFL minds on this board that know they know more than the guys actually paid to do it.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM

Your opinion is your own. Personally, I find it a joke that you, and the rest of the complainers, are actually bitching about what you saw in preseason games. Hell, maybe you should be talking about Brady and Manning sucking. They were both sacked and threw incompletions in the exhibition games.

You see probably 4 practices during the offseason, unless you go to the camps. The coaching staffs and front offices see every single one. They know a hell of a lot more than you do. And you can knock the "he's trying" comment, but that won't make it untrue. Unless you were stupid enough to think that this team would be magically fixed in one season, you should quit bitching and let the team develop a bit.

If you were stupid enough to think a one season turnaround was coming, you should become a Jets or Raiders fan.

OnTheWarpath58
ROFL

So, in one post you're complaining because we haven't picked up other trash. But then when someone points out that we have made a few moves, those guys suck.

NEWSFLASH:

We could have picked up every player that was on waivers, and they probably all would have sucked. Just because Jamon Meredith or whoever else has gotten a lot of play on this board, does not automatically make them better than what's on our roster.

The Jamon Meridith BS has been completely overblown by fucktards like TTC.

I'd be willing to bet that his name has been mentioned less than 50 times after the draft by the people that were pimping him.

Why is it so hard to think that the cast offs of talented team are going to be better than the backups of the worst OL in the NFL?

Fruit Ninja
How ****ing funny is it to see the same people ask why Atlanta and Miami was able to make a one-year turnaround, and expect the same back in February, make comments that you can't expect more out of the Executive of the Decade in September.

Them are kind of the exceptions not the rule. I do believe before

I would love to be the exceptions, but i think they were already taken by 2 other teams.

For the people to say why cant we be the exception, well thats easy to answer. Its the KC Chiefs. lol

acesn8s
09-07-2009, 08:37 PM
How bad do you have to be not to be able to get a spot on this o-line?

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 08:39 PM
ROFL

NEWSFLASH:

The Jamon Meridith BS has been completely overblown by fucktards like TTC.

I'd be willing to bet that his name has been mentioned less than 50 times after the draft by the people that were pimping him.

Why is it so hard to think that the backups of talented teams aren't going to be better than the backups of the worst OL in the NFL?

Marcellus

Ive said for awhile now that 5 or 6 wins is more realistic. Ill stick with that as long as they can keep Cassel healthy.

The Pats won only 5 games in Pioli's and Belicheks first year.

Very few people though the team would win more than 5 or 6 games. Why people are railing about waiver wire pick ups etc... is beyond me.

They have already stated they will work all season to improve the roster.

It's as stupid as the argument about Thigpen being the 3rd string QB or getting cut. Who gives a fuck?

OnTheWarpath58
How bad do you have to be not to be able to get a spot on this o-line?

This.

The whole point of the argument.

How someone as good at his job as people claim Pioli is can't find guys to be 2nd and 3rd stringers on THIS OL is beyond me.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
The Jamon Meridith BS has been completely overblown by ****tards like TTC.

Why is it so hard to think that the cast offs of talented team are going to be better than the backups of the worst OL in the NFL?

Jamon Meredith was mentioned as a salve for this offensive line on more than one occasion. He should have been drafted over Brown. This was abundantly clear. and those who didn't agree with this were complete idiots.

Stunningly, and in what obviously proves that there's not a single front office in the NFL that knows what the hell it's doing, Meredith was cut by the team that drafted him and then made it all the way through waivers unclaimed.

By the way, Goff, Ikechuku Ndukwe, Andy Alleman and Ryan O'Callaghan ARE castoffs of 'talented team'.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
The Jamon Meridith BS has been completely overblown by ****tards like TTC.

No way. No fucking way.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 08:48 PM
No way. No fucking way.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Jamon Meredith was mentioned as a salve for this offensive line on more than one occasion. He should have been drafted over Brown. This was abundantly clear. and those who didn't agree with this were complete idiots.

Stunningly, and in what obviously proves that there's not a single front office in the NFL that knows what the hell it's doing, Meredith was cut by the team that drafted him and then made it all the way through waivers unclaimed.

By the way, Goff, Ikechuku Ndukwe, Andy Alleman and Ryan O'Callaghan ARE castoffs of 'talented team'.

So, because other teams aren't as desperate for OL help, that makes him worthless to us?

doomy3
09-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Feel free to prove me wrong.

Sorry, I'm not going to wade through all of the angry posts by the same 5 posters and hunt them all down. There have been many, many posts saying things like:

Wouldn't you have prefered x draft to y draft?

And nearly every one of those x drafts had Meredith in it. He was a guy everyone just KNEW we missed on, and clearly that doesn't seem to be the case. As it stands now, Colin Brown and Jamone Meredith both suck about the same.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 08:52 PM
So, because other teams aren't as desperate for OL help, that makes him worthless to us?

I do love how you like to just ignore simple realities and move your goalposts.....

AGAIN

Goff, O'Callaghan, Ikechuku Ndukwe, Andy Alleman... castoffs of talented teams

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 08:54 PM

Has your claim now become that the only team in the NFL with issues on the right side of their offensive line is the Kansas City Chiefs, and that nobody else had reason to claim Meredith if they thought he could help them?

OnTheWarpath58
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Has your claim now become that the only team in the NFL with issues on the right side of their offensive line is the Kansas City Chiefs, and that nobody else had reason to claim Meredith if they thought he could help them?

Feel free to start listing the teams that don't have a serviceable starter at RT, much less a backup.

EVERYONE has more talent on their roster than KC.

Why can you not get that?

Why is it that because "X" player can't help the other 31 teams, the majority of which are insanely more talented, that he can't help here?

You're honestly going to tell me that someone like Kynan Forney, who was penciled in as the starting RG 3 weeks ago for the Chargers, and one of the reasons why Mike Goff was deemed expendable - couldn't step right in and improve this OL?

stevieray
09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
this shit is old.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Feel free to start listing the teams that don't have a serviceable starter at RT, much less a backup.

EVERYONE has more talent on their roster than KC.

Why can you not get that?

Why is it that because "X" player can't help the other 31 teams, the majority of which are insanely more talented, that he can't help here?

You're honestly going to tell me that someone like Kynan Forney, who was penciled in as the starting RG 3 weeks ago for the Chargers, and one of the reasons why Mike Goff was deemed expendable - couldn't step right in and improve this OL?

Now, let's not go moving the goalposts again.

1.) Has your claim now become that the only team in the NFL with issues on the right side of their offensive line is the Kansas City Chiefs, and that nobody else had reason to claim Meredith if they thought he could help them?

2.) Do you concede that your question:

is complete horseshit since Goff, O'Callaghan, Ikechuku Ndukwe and Andy Alleman are "the cast offs of talented teams"?

Marcellus
09-07-2009, 09:15 PM

Who picked him up?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 09:35 PM
No way. No fucking way.

He's right:

about 85 mentions of the name after the draft, and about 60 of them are either in the "Alternate Reality Thread" or by the Talking Can, Hootie, or Busted Hymen.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=307047

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM

So, you think the team should have jumped on a 30 year old player who got cut in the same offseason that he signed an extension (Feb 25), got beaten out for his spot by a rookie AND injured his neck just a couple of weeks ago? And you think the Chiefs should do this before week one so that his salary is guaranteed even if he can't play when it could, if it chose to sign him, just wait until after week 1 and avoid that money vesting?

No schedule for Forney

Right guard Kynan Forney was back at practice after missing Monday's workout with a lingering neck problem that acted up during Saturday's loss to the Seahawks. Turner said that despite the injury Forney isn't on a set practice schedule and his participation will be based upon his status on a given day.

"I think it's like any injury like that," Turner said. "If he can practice, he' ll be involved. We're not trying to protect anybody or give anyone rest. He needs every rep he can get."

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/chargers/article_6d00a862-97a4-515f-826a-c21699324661.html

The Chargers were able to keep the six backs because they cut right guard Kynan Forney, who just three weeks ago appeared to have the starting job locked up. Forney played well, but a neck injury limited him the past three weeks

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/sep/05/bennett-makes-cut/

The former University of Hawai'i standout signed to a two-year, $4.8 million contract extension in the offseason, but missed time due to a neck injury and eventually fell behind rookie Louis Vasquez.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009909060375

You're kidding, right?

Marcellus
09-07-2009, 09:43 PM
So, you think the team should have jumped on a 30 year old player who got cut in the same offseason that he signed an extension (Feb 25), got beaten out for his spot by a rookie AND injured his neck just a couple of weeks ago? And you think the Chiefs should do this before week one so that his salary is guaranteed even if he can't play when it could, if it chose to sign him, just wait until after week 1 and avoid that money vesting?

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/football/professional/nfl/chargers/article_6d00a862-97a4-515f-826a-c21699324661.html

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/sep/05/bennett-makes-cut/

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009909060375

You're kidding, right?

So he is hurt? Hmmm. I wonder if Pioli picked up on that. ROFL

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
The Chiefs haven't had a decent RT since? Damn I'm not really sure. Pioli you worthless POP!!!!!!!!111 Carl's had most a decade to find/draft/trade for one.

milkman
09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
ROFL

NEWSFLASH:

No, the problem is that that, for the most part the players that suck that he replace the players that suck are proven players that suck.

Now I don't know that Meredith or Scheung(sp) or Shiply or that Martin kid that Atlanta(?) added to it's practice roster will ever rise ab ove the level of suckage, but I do know that Goff and Ndukwe won't.

What I'm bitching about is that we have useless bastards that suck ass now and will continue to suck ass.

Why don't we just take a chance on a couple of players that might actually have some potential to rise above the level of suckage, who might even help this team grow and progress later this year.

If we win 4 games this year with suckass players that won't be a part of this team in a year, then that's not making any progress.

If, however, we win 4 games this year with players who actuallly grow and progress over the course of the season, then this team progresses with them, and is just that much further advanced as a result.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 09:51 PM
No, the problem is that that, for the most part the players that suck that he replace the players that suck are proven players that suck.

Now I don't know that Meredith or Scheung(sp) or Shiply or that Martin kid that Atlanta(?) added to it's practice roster will ever rise ab ove the level of suckage, but I do know that Goff and Ndukwe won't.

What I'm bitching about is that we have useless bastards that suck ass now and will continue to suck ass.

Why don't we just take a chance on a couple of players that might actually have some potential to rise above the level of suckage, who might even help this team grow and progress later this year.

If we win 4 games this year with suckass players that won't be a part of this team in a year, then that's not making any progress.

If, however, we win 4 games this year with players who actuallly grow and progress over the course of the season, then this team progresses with them, and is just that much further advanced as a result.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND LET PIOLI DO HIS JOB

(we need some soap and cashmere hankies for the ball washers, stat!)

milkman
09-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry, I'm not going to wade through all of the angry posts by the same 5 posters and hunt them all down. There have been many, many posts saying things like:

Wouldn't you have prefered x draft to y draft?

And nearly every one of those x drafts had Meredith in it. He was a guy everyone just KNEW we missed on, and clearly that doesn't seem to be the case. As it stands now, Colin Brown and Jamone Meredith both suck about the same.

Yes, Meredith name has been mentioned numerous times, because we drafted a RT that this FO clearly overrated and ended up moving to guard in TC over a guy that was battling for an OT position on a team that has depth at OT.

Marcellus
09-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes, Meredith name has been mentioned numerous times, because we drafted a RT that this FO clearly overrated and ended up moving to guard in TC over a guy that was battling for an OT position on a team that has depth at OT.

That's a reach at best. Where is Meredith now?

doomy3
09-07-2009, 09:55 PM

I get that, and that makes sense.

But, if they don't think those guys can play or will progress to a level of being players, then it really is a moot point. I know you have already decided the fates of Goff and Ndukwe, but perhaps they have seen things in practice they can build on. Obviously Goff won't be here in a few years, but it is possible that Ndukwe will. And maybe they think they already found their replacement for RG in Colin Brown. If that is the case, then it really is about this year only as far as those guys are concerned. And Pioli must think that they found a RT that can play yesterday. You've made it clear that you hate him, but I think I'll give him a few games to decide if I think he's an upgrade over McIntosh, Richardson, etc.

But, that was a good post with good points. Thanks for that.

Of course it was followed up by your asshat brother stirring shit again.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 09:56 PM

Just because his name was known and talked about around here doesn't mean he is better than the practice squad guy we picked. They're both practice squad players. That's it.

milkman
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I get that, and that makes sense.

But, if they don't think those guys can play or will progress to a level of being players, then it really is a moot point. I know you have already decided the fates of Goff and Ndukwe, but perhaps they have seen things in practice they can build on. Obviously Goff won't be here in a few years, but it is possible that Ndukwe will. And maybe they think they already found their replacement for RG in Colin Brown. If that is the case, then it really is about this year only as far as those guys are concerned. And Pioli must think that they found a RT that can play yesterday. You've made it clear that you hate him, but I think I'll give him a few games to decide if I think he's an upgrade over McIntosh, Richardson, etc.

But, that was a good post with good points. Thanks for that.

Of course it was followed up by your asshat brother stirring shit again.

Hamas has been pretty calm through most of this debate.

I've been the asshat.

But let me point out, I did say in another thread that I don't know how much that O'Callaghan has played RT before this presseason, so I concede that part of his problem might stem from the possibility that he hasn't yet adjusted.

Marcellus
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Just because his name was known and talked about around here doesn't mean he is better than the practice squad guy we picked. They're both practice squad players. That's it.

Yup. Plain and simple.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 10:01 PM

I've been the asshat.

But let me point out, I did say in another thread that I don't know how much that O'Callaghan has played RT before this presseason, so I concede that part of his problem might stem from the possibility that he hasn't yet adjusted.

O'Callaghan started at OT for the Pats for a total of 7 games from 2006 until now.

He's been playing the position in the pros for 3+ years.

doomy3
09-07-2009, 10:02 PM

I've been the asshat.

Hopefully that is it. I truthfully don't know how he could possibly be worse than anything we had out there during the preseason, or last year. So that is an improvement if that is the case. I think at the minimum, he can help our running game. I would still like us to make a run at Scott Wells if he is really available in trade, but who knows if that is really fact or just a rumor.

stevieray
09-07-2009, 10:05 PM

We're stuck with suckass players becuaee we've had suckass scouts..which were gone after this draft.per NFL SOP. we've had holes to fill for years..coupled with a smaller market, and until recently, petrified practice facilities and locker rooms..it was no secret that the bowels of Arrowhead were a dump...it's going to tkae at least two years for players finding out how much it is improved...we are up against a two decade deep rooted, stale pile of mediocrity....

I find it intersting thatat everyone clamoured for the regime change, got it, and after four preseason games, are freaking out about sucking, which they expected, on then keep the suckage alive, like capn obvious.....I also find it interesting that you say you're willing to take chance on players who might get better, when Gun and DV and Herm did exactly that...and got us where we were..

The roster is going to be in semi-constant change for awhile..it's inevitable.

huskerdooz
09-07-2009, 10:06 PM
I think the issue is we haven't played 1 single down of meaningful football and some people here are acting like Pioli and Haley are complete idiots. Time will tell that story either way.

We have a shit ton of genius NFL minds on this board that know they know more than the guys actually paid to do it.

Of course, and the reason they aren't lending their expertise to some NFL team is obviously because they want to use their talents for the betterment of all mankind by flipping a better burger, or keeping the fountain sodas properly carbonated, or maybe something really important like gathering the shopping carts from the parking lots.

Someone needs a reality check, it's football, its entertainment. Sure it would be fantastic if we had a team that had a snowball's chance to win more games than they lose, win a playoff game, or better yet a Super Bowl, but regardless of the outcome it really isn't going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... flame away.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
We're stuck with suckass players becuaee we've had suckass scouts..which were gone after this draft.per NFL SOP. we've had holes to fill for years..coupled with a smaller market, and until recently, petrified practice facilities and locker rooms..it was no secret that the bowels of Arrowhead were a dump...it's going to tkae at least two years for players finding out how much it is improved...we are up against a two decade deep rooted, stale pile of mediocrity....

I find it intersting thatat everyone clamoured for the regime change, got it, and after four preseason games, are freaking out about sucking, which they expected, on then keep the suckage alive, like capn obvious.....I also find it interesting that you say you're willing to take chance on players who might get better, when Gun and DV and Herm did exactly that...and got us where we were..

Stevie, it's not the change that we're bitching about. It's the lack of churn and insurance at the bottom of the roster so depleted of talented.

If we are *that* bad, and we are, doesn't it stand to reason that bottom tier players from better teams would be better than our bottom tier?

It's not just like 1-22 sucks. 23-53 does too, and the fact that of the 650+ guys cut that only 1 was brought in strikes people as inactive, especially given that the GM said on television, in a rare interview, that this is the second most active part of the year for him, that they had scouts all over the place, etc.

milkman
09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
O'Callaghan started at OT for the Pats for a total of 7 games from 2006 until now.

He's been playing the position in the pros for 3+ years.

Let's hope, then, that he's just not a good practice player, and that his game improves as a game day player.

He has some athletic ability.

His feet are a concern.

milkman
09-07-2009, 10:11 PM

I agreed with the direction that Herman fucking Edwards took with this team.

I, however, never once thought he was the guy to lead us in that new direction.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 10:14 PM
So is O'Callaghan the starter and Right Tackle? And Ndwuke a backup? I can't believe Pioli traded a draft pick for 2 backups.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Stevie, it's not the change that we're bitching about. It's the lack of churn and insurance at the bottom of the roster so depleted of talented.

If we are *that* bad, and we are, doesn't it stand to reason that bottom tier players from better teams would be better than our bottom tier?

It's not just like 1-22 sucks. 23-53 does too, and the fact that of the 650+ guys cut that only 1 was brought in strikes people as inactive, especially given that the GM said on television, in a rare interview, that this is the second most active part of the year for him, that they had scouts all over the place, etc.

I believe that the Chiefs have 18 players on the roster that weren't there last season (34%), and the season hasn't even started yet. I'd love to know how many that number needs to get up to before the people complaining calm down for a week or two and let things play out a bit.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Hey, Jacksonville, a more desperate team than the Chiefs, passed on Meredith but will be entertaining Forney and, supposedly, offering him a contract if he passes a physical. This is according to Adam Schefter:

Sent to ESPN: Former Seattle S Brian Russell & former SD G Kynan Forney en route to Jacksonville. Pending physical, appears each will sign.

http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

So, a coach and front office trying to save their jobs will make the plunge for the veteran, but they won't take the rookie.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Hey, Jacksonville, a more desperate team than the Chiefs, passed on Meredith but will be entertaining Forney and, supposedly, offering him a contract if he passes a physical. This is according to Adam Schefter:

http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

So, a coach and front office trying to save their jobs will make the plunge for the veteran, but they won't take the rookie.

The Jags spent their first two picks on bookend tackles and signed another veteran stalwart at tackle. How much more could they do?

They wanted help on the interior, not the edges, hence the guard.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I believe that the Chiefs have 18 players on the roster that weren't there last season (34%), and the season hasn't even started yet. I'd love to know how many that number needs to get up to before the people complaining calm down for a week or two and let things play out a bit.

The Patriots have 20 new players, FFS.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 10:36 PM
The Jags spent their first two picks on bookend tackles and signed another veteran stalwart at tackle. How much more could they do?

They wanted help on the interior, not the edges, hence the guard.

Just another team passing on God's choice for best rookie O-lineman ever, that's all.

I was being hyperbolic, that's all. The Chiefs have turned over 1/3 of their roster, including 4 players on the offensive line, before the season even starts and y'all are still complaining. Some level of perspective needs to be driven home to you, even if it takes others blowing things out of perspective in order to do it..

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Just another team passing on God's choice for best rookie O-lineman ever, that's all.

I was being hyperbolic, that's all. The Chiefs have turned over 1/3 of their roster, including 4 players on the offensive line, before the season even starts and y'all are still complaining. Some level of perspective needs to be driven home to you, even if it takes others blowing things out of perspective in order to do it..

If you want perspective, the greatest organization in the history of professional sports, who so benevolently bequeathed the head of all operations football upon us, have 20 new players this year.

Stop acting like we're wheeling and dealing. We're not.

Just Passin' By
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
The Patriots have 20 new players, FFS.

The Patriots had 12 draft picks, including 4 second rounders. They lost Harrison and Bruschi to retirement, sent the Chiefs Vrabel and Cassel, and just sent Seymour to Oakland. Naturally, that team is going to have a lot of turnover. But that's a situation where a high-end team is being worked on by a man in complete control, and can pull in the best talent from around the league. Even so, they were spurned by Jason Taylor, who went to the Dolphins. The Chiefs situation is not yet anywhere near high-end, Pioli didn't have nearly the type of draft assets or flexibility that Belichick did, and the talent options are far more limited.

Of course, people here even got to bitching when the Chiefs were taking players from the Belichick/Parcells tree, as if focusing on talent from those organizations would be a bad thing. As I've noted, there are some people here who are going to bitch about whatever they can, and validity is not going to be a bar to the complaining.

As an aside, Denver's turned over about 50% of the roster in one offseason. That is an impressive percentage.

jAZ
09-07-2009, 11:56 PM
So is O'Callaghan the starter and Right Tackle? And Ndwuke a backup? I can't believe Pioli traded a draft pick for 2 backups.

Have you seen the line in here of people about to slit their wrists because they demand high quality backups?

KCChiefsMan
09-08-2009, 03:47 AM
wow, our best player cleared waivers. Wow

beach tribe
09-08-2009, 07:34 AM

And I'll ask again, who do you suggest, from the players that were cut, should we have brought in.

I respect your opinion MM, but who are these saviors you're talking about? They are not out there.

beach tribe
09-08-2009, 07:46 AM

BINGO.

34% turnover.

YES!! Pioli said they have people everywhere, and what that basically tells me is that there wasn't really anyone cut that would have made a damn bit of difference.
We SUCK, because we don't have ED REEDs, or RANDY MOSSes, or ADRIAN PETERSONs.
Not because we didn't trade our scrubs for someone else's scrubs. Hell' our scrubs, may damn well be better than everyone else's scrubs

The problem is our scrubs are STARTING!!!!!

JASONSAUTO
09-08-2009, 07:54 AM
I think part of the issue may be that it seems like you exaggerate others' positions a bit. For example, I think it's POSSIBLE that the Chiefs could have a nice, quick turnaround. Even now, we really don't know what the team's going to look like. Do I think it's likely? Nope. But that doesn't mean I'm going to go crying "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!" on the streets tonight, nor does it mean I'm going to sulk in misery before the team even takes the field.

On the other hand, I do think that you have to give the new regime more time before you can start assuming they're running around with their heads up their asses. Pioli hasn't even had his own scouts working for him for 6 months yet. But does that mean that I don't have some concerns about some of the moves he's done so far? Of course not.

It's easy on a message board to get stuck in a debate that is based on blacks and whites (no, not THOSE blacks and whites, you racist bastards), when in reality, most people are in the gray somewhere. At least that's my opinion.

OTWP: THIS is one of those "glossed over posts"