PDA

View Full Version : Football Seymour A No Show

dtrain
09-07-2009, 06:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4453249

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Five-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Richard Seymour did not report to the Oakland Raiders on Monday, a day after being acquired in a trade with the New England Patriots.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said after practice that Seymour had to resolve some things with the Patriots before the deal for a first-round pick in 2011 could be finalized.

"We have attempted to make a deal," Cable said Monday. "There are some issues still between him and the Patriots that are being worked out. I'm hoping that that will get resolved as quickly as possible. We know that the player wants to be here, but we have really no control over those issues."

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said he was unaware of any difficulties surrounding the trade, which was announced by New England on Sunday and confirmed by Cable.

Cable did not want to address the issue further Monday, but said Seymour told him he wants to be in Oakland. Cable did not say when Seymour would have to arrive in order to be able to play in the season opener next Monday night against San Diego.

"Just as soon as possible. That's really the only way to answer that right now," he said.

Seymour, who turns 30 next month, is in the final year of a contract that pays him about $3.7 million this season. The deal would send him from a team that has gone 77-19 the past six seasons and is a perennial Super Bowl contender to one that is an NFL-worst 24-72 over that span.

Seymour has been a stalwart in New England since being drafted sixth overall in 2001. He played on three Super Bowl winners with the Patriots, recording 39 career sacks and being selected to the Pro Bowl for five straight seasons beginning in 2002.

The Raiders were looking to upgrade a run defense that was the worst in the league during the exhibition season and has been the worst over the past six seasons. Since going to the Super Bowl following the 2002 season, Oakland has had the worst run defense in the NFL, allowing 141.7 yards per game on the ground and 122 touchdowns rushing. The Raiders have allowed a 100-yard rusher in more than half of their games the past three years.

chefsos
09-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Well, in his defense, it is a long flight to Hell.

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 06:52 PM
He's hoping Al dies before he arrives and the deal is void.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Who didn't see this coming?

Rain Man
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
He better hurry up or Cable will punch him.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2009, 06:59 PM
"We know that the player wants to be here
Seriously? I am so sure he's just chomping at the bit to get to the shithole that is Oakland.

chefsos
09-07-2009, 07:04 PM
We have attempted to make a deal," Cable said Monday. "There are some issues still between him and the Patriots that are being worked out...OK

Patriots spokesman Stacey James said he was unaware of any difficulties surrounding the trade, which was announced by New England on Sunday and confirmed by Cable.Hmm...

Cable did not want to address the issue further Monday, but said Seymour told him he wants to be in Oakland.Maybe it's just me, but Cable sounds like a little girl here.

Oh, and LMAO

chief4life
09-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Cable did not want to address the issue further Monday, but said Seymour told him he wants to be in Oakland

Whatever Cable is smoking i want a hit of it :spock: There is no way he told Cable that! No one would love to be a Raider!

chief52
09-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Damn...I sure hope he shows up. Hate to see this trade get voided.

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm calling BS. Nobody wants to be in Oakland. Never.

And as far as the "issues" that need to be worked out between Seymour and the Patriots, I'm sure it probably has something to do with him being on his knees begging for a change of mind.

I think this thing is going to fall apart. Chapter 7,203,551 of the Oakland Failure.

Mr. Krab
09-07-2009, 07:12 PM
ROFL

ForeverChiefs58
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Of course he is a no show, he is going to be a chief! duh

chief4life
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm calling BS. Nobody wants to be in Oakland. Never.

And as far as the "issues" that need to be worked out between Seymour and the Patriots, I'm sure it probably has something to do with him being on his knees begging for a change of mind.

I think this thing is going to fall apart. Chapter 7,203,551 of the Oakland Failure.

Call me funny but i think that he is going to refuse the trade and we are going to get him for our 2nd next year. I could be wrong, but maybe that is the reason there is a holdup because Pioli is working on him coming here. That would be sick with him and Jackson on the other side. Lets just hope that is the case here :thumb:

chief4life
09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Of course he is a no show, he is going to be a chief! duh

I hope you are right and boy would that be sick!

Lord Bestyle
09-07-2009, 07:30 PM
He's hoping Al dies before he arrives and the deal is void.

Don't say that; Grampa Al needs to live to be 110 so that we can see his senility drive the Raiders into the ground as long as possible.

Just think of all the great fun laughing at them we'd miss if he were gone.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Call me funny but i think that he is going to refuse the trade and we are going to get him for our 2nd next year. I could be wrong, but maybe that is the reason there is a holdup because Pioli is working on him coming here. That would be sick with him and Jackson on the other side. Lets just hope that is the case here :thumb:

You would trade a 2nd for an aging D-end when we already drafted 2 in the top 5? Thats stupid.

Rain Man
09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
You would trade a 2nd for an aging D-end when we already drafted 2 in the top 5? Thats stupid.

You wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for a guy who's going to give you 3 or 4 pro bowl-level years, guaranteed (other than injury)? I'd do that in a hummingbird heartbeat.

chief4life
09-07-2009, 07:57 PM

How is that stupid? For one Dorsey is not a 3-4 DE Seymour is. Jackson will be good but can you imagine if him and Seymour lined up at the Ends that would be sick! And to answer your question yes i would do it in a heartbeat!

Amnorix
09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
You wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for a guy who's going to give you 3 or 4 pro bowl-level years, guaranteed (other than injury)? I'd do that in a hummingbird heartbeat.

Sure, but Seymour is only signed through 2009. He could fly the coop after this year.

chief4life
09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Sure, but Seymour is only signed through 2009. He could fly the coop after this year.

I'm sure if he was traded here that Pioli would lock him down to a longterm deal like he did with Cassel

KChiefs1
09-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Chiefs have offered their 2nd rounder?

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 08:03 PM

Pioli has already proven he's willing to pay talented ex-Pats...:thumb:

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM

He's 30 and being traded cuz hes lazy. Like I said the Chiefs already has alot of money invested in the D-ends and not to mention Seymour will want a big contract. Plus with a 2nd round pick you can draft a valuable player who'll play for 10 years.

dirk digler
LMAO

Retired safety Rodney Harrison told PFT Monday night that he has spoken to his former Patriots teammate and close friend Richard Seymour about the deal that sent Seymour to Oakland.

And?

"He's not thrilled," said Harrison, now an analyst for NBC's Football Night in America. "Who would be thrilled to go to the Oakland Raiders? Maybe somebody who's happy to just get a chance but not a guy like Richard Seymour, a five-time Pro Bowler. For a veteran player to go to Oakland at this juncture it's just difficult.

"Put yourself in his position," Harrison added. "He's going from a first-class organization to one of the worst in the NFL.
You have the head coach fighting the assistant coaches, the owner involved in the day-to-day operations, guys who don't believe in the quarterback. . . . Tom Brady to JaMarcus Russell? Come on. Is that something to look forward to? Why would he be excited?"

Asked if Seymour would report to the Raiders, Harrison said, "I don't know that. Only Richard knows that. But I wouldn't go to Oakland. There's no way in the world I would go to Oakland. The only way I would report is if they promised they wouldn't franchise me after this year."

Seymour, who turns 30 in October, is due to become a free agent in March 2010.

Harrison acknowledged the sound business sense the deal made for both teams involved.

"It's a great deal for the Raiders," he said. "Combine Richard with Tommy Kelly on the defensive line, you have [Nnamdi] Asomugha in the secondary, there's some talent there and you've brought in a player who knows how to win and be a professional.

"And you look at the move made by [Patriots head coach Bill] Belichick, and you can see him saying, 'I'd rather get rid of a guy before the last year of his contract.' He knows the Raiders will stink so it's a top-10 pick in return for a guy who's gonna be 30. You know what? That's the business.

"The trade off is, guys get to win championships and make a lot of money, but at the end, it's business. I knew that and instead of my getting whacked [by New England], I whacked myself. If you make money and you're older, it's inevitable you're gonna get whacked."

So that's what happened to Randy Hanson.

chefsos
Chiefs have offered their 2nd rounder?

I think they offered the Raiders' 2nd rounder actually.

It just might work...

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 08:05 PM
He's 30 and being traded cuz hes lazy. Like I said the Chiefs already has alot of money invested in the D-ends and not to mention Seymour will want a big contract. Plus with a 2nd round pick you can draft a valuable player who'll play for 10 years.

Lots of 2nd rounders that wash out early in their NFL career. Seymour is NOT lazy and has at least 3-4 good years left. He's a PROVEN NFL Pro Bowler.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Lots of 2nd rounders that wash out early in their NFL career. Seymour is NOT lazy and has at least 3-4 good years left. He's a PROVEN NFL Pro Bowler.

Really? Then why are the Patriots who are a super bowl contender trading away a pro bowl d-end who has good years left?

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Really? Then why are the Patriots who are a super bowl contender trading away a pro bowl d-end who has good years left?

Last year of his contract along with Wilfork. So they decided to keep Wilfork and pay him big money once the season is over or maybe sometime during it.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Really? Then why are the Patriots who are a super bowl contender trading away a pro bowl d-end who has good years left?Jesus. Learn to read and comprehend...

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM

Like the multitude of articles on this have stated: the hooded one would be getting a likely top ten pick from Oakland in exchange for a player that is in the last year of his contract. A player that will command a high salary after this year. The Pats have enough talent to absorb his departure, but not enough salary cap to absorb his new contract next season. And teams like the Raiders/Chiefs need the talent & veteran leadership more than a team like the Pats. And they'll have the cap space to do it. Easy, peasey, Japanesey.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Jesus. Learn to read and comprehend...

Yea you drone do you believe everything you read?

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM

Honestly, your football takes are just fucking awful.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Like the multitude of articles on this have stated: the hooded one would be getting a likely top ten pick from Oakland in exchange for a player that is in the last year of his contract. A player that will command a high salary after this year. The Pats have enough talent to absorb his departure, but not enough salary cap to absorb his new contract next season. And teams like the Raiders/Chiefs need the talent & veteran leadership more than a team like the Pats. And they'll have the cap space to do it. Easy, peasey, Japanesey.

So the Pats will keep Wolfork and pay him and then trade Seymour for a top 10 pick who will likely want more money then Seymour?

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Honestly, your football takes are just ****ing awful.

Yea its not like you've ever gave any opinons. I've been right on about the Chiefs thus far you cock bag.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Yea you drone do you believe everything you read?He's almost 30 and in the last year of his contract. You'd have to be a retarded chimp not to understand this...:rolleyes:

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:15 PM
He's almost 30 and in the last year of his contract. You'd have to be a retarded chimp not to understand this...:rolleyes:

But yet you guys want the Chiefs to trade a 2nd round pick for him. That makes alot of fucking sense.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Yea its not like you've ever gave any opinons. I've been right on about the Chiefs thus far you cock bag.

Yeah, in 8 years, I've never given one opinion on this board. Fuck off.

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 08:17 PM
So the Pats will keep Wolfork and pay him and then trade Seymour for a top 10 pick who will likely want more money then Seymour?

I give up.

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't know what is so hard to understand the Chiefs sort of made this exact same decision in the 90's. Remember that Neil Smith and DT contracts were both up at the same time so they let Neil walk and signed DT to a huge contract. It is too bad Carl wasn't as smart as Belichick.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I give up.ROFL

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:19 PM
This thread is like a battered womens shelter

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 08:20 PM
This thread is like a battered womens shelter

I guess I am not understanding what you are asking or confused about. Can you explain it to me again please?

The Bad Guy
I'd trade the Pats a second rounder as long as Patsplanet agreed to take this town jackass Billay on their message board.

The Bad Guy
I guess I am not understanding what you are asking or confused about. Can you explain it to me again please?

There isn't enough space on this board for this idiot to write what he's confused about.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:23 PM

Dorsey is a D-end and a Top 5 pick so he's getting paid alot.

Jackson is a D-end and a Top 5 pick so he's getting paid alot.

Richard Seymour is 30 and his contract will be up and he wants to get paid.

So with all the money invested in D-ends what sense does it make to trade a 2nd round draft pick for a player who is 30 years old and will want to be paid?

Coogs
09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
But yet you guys want the Chiefs to trade a 2nd round pick for him. That makes alot of fucking sense.

Now if you could trade a 2nd for Seymour, AND, get him signed for an extention, maybe then you could consider a deal with the Panthers that maybe could get Jeff Otah (starting RT) and Duke Robinson (reserve RG) for Glen Dorsey. :shrug:

Just a thought.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
There isn't enough space on this board for this idiot to write what he's confused about.

Obviously theres plenty of space in your head to write your view. Funny how I'm such a dumbass you take time to come from nowhere and respond to my post. Theres an ignore button you should use it douche rocket.

CaliforniaChief
09-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Now if you could trade a 2nd for Seymour, AND, get him signed for an extention, maybe then you could consider a deal with the Panthers that maybe could get Jeff Otah (starting RT) and Duke Robinson (reserve RG) for Glen Dorsey. :shrug:

Just a thought.

At least you're being creative. Didn't the Panthers acquire a DT already?

Coogs
09-07-2009, 08:28 PM
At least you're being creative. Didn't the Panthers acquire a DT already?

Somebody from the wavier wire I think. Could be wrong there.

boogblaster
09-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I'd run from the Faiders too ..

dirk digler
09-07-2009, 08:29 PM

So with all the money invested in D-ends what sense does it make to trade a 2nd round draft pick for a player who is 30 years old and will want to be paid?

Well I think first that alot of people don't believe Dorsey will fit in this defensive scheme so if they could trade him they would need someone to replace him so trading one of our 2 2nd rounders to get Seymour might make some sense.

I don't know if I would make the trade because of his age and considering we won't be good for another 2-3 years so by the time we are good he will be gone

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2009, 08:29 PM

So with all the money invested in D-ends what sense does it make to trade a 2nd round draft pick for a player who is 30 years old and will want to be paid?What you have here makes sense, but its not why we were calling you an idiot.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Jeff Otah is already one of the best RT's in the NFL. There is no way the Panthers are giving him up now for Glenn Dorsey.

Coogs
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Jeff Otah is already one of the best RT's in the NFL. There is no way the Panthers are giving him up now for Glenn Dorsey.

OK, how about Kalil (starting C) and Robinson.

Rain Man
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM

After a season with Pioli, he won't be able to imagine playing anywhere else.

KC Jones
09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Ultimately Seymour will have to decide between playing in Oakland and retiring. That's the only leverage he's got.

chiefforlife
09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Harrison: Seymour's "not thrilled" with deal to Raiders
Posted by Tom Curran on September 7, 2009 9:55 PM ET

Retired safety Rodney Harrison told PFT Monday night that he has spoken to his former Patriots teammate and close friend Richard Seymour about the deal that sent Seymour to Oakland.

And?

"He's not thrilled," said Harrison, now an analyst for NBC's Football Night in America. "Who would be thrilled to go to the Oakland Raiders? Maybe somebody who's happy to just get a chance but not a guy like Richard Seymour, a five-time Pro Bowler. For a veteran player to go to Oakland at this juncture it's just difficult.

"Put yourself in his position," Harrison added. "He's going from a first-class organization to one of the worst in the NFL. You have the head coach fighting the assistant coaches, the owner involved in the day-to-day operations, guys who don't believe in the quarterback. . . . Tom Brady to JaMarcus Russell? Come on. Is that something to look forward to? Why would he be excited?"

Asked if Seymour would report to the Raiders, Harrison said, "I don't know that. Only Richard knows that. But I wouldn't go to Oakland. There's no way in the world I would go to Oakland. The only way I would report is if they promised they wouldn't franchise me after this year."

Seymour, who turns 30 in October, is due to become a free agent in March 2010.

Harrison acknowledged the sound business sense the deal made for both teams involved.

"It's a great deal for the Raiders," he said. "Combine Richard with Tommy Kelly on the defensive line, you have [Nnamdi] Asomugha in the secondary, there's some talent there and you've brought in a player who knows how to win and be a professional.

"And you look at the move made by [Patriots head coach Bill] Belichick, and you can see him saying, 'I'd rather get rid of a guy before the last year of his contract.' He knows the Raiders will stink so it's a top-10 pick in return for a guy who's gonna be 30. You know what? That's the business.

"The trade off is, guys get to win championships and make a lot of money, but at the end, it's business. I knew that and instead of my getting whacked [by New England], I whacked myself. If you make money and you're older, it's inevitable you're gonna get whacked."

rad
09-07-2009, 08:42 PM

Do you hear yourself when you talk?

T-post Tom
09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
A reminder to what some have already intimated:

Barring several miracles...Raiders #1 2011 > Either of Chiefs second rounders 2010. Especially the one rec'd from the Falcons.

Coogs
09-07-2009, 08:45 PM
A reminder to what some have already intimated:

Barring several miracles...Raiders #1 2011 > Either of Chiefs second rounders 2010. Especially the one rec'd from the Pats.

Falcons, not Pats 2nd rounder.

Chocolate Hog
Do you hear yourself when you talk?

You have a pic of Two Bad guy and cut out the eyes so you can jerk off in the mirror to it.

T-post Tom
Falcons, not Pats 2nd rounder.

Thank you, got Pats on the brain with all this Seymour stuff. My bad. Sorry.

Coogs
09-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Thank you, got Pats on the brain with all this Seymour stuff. My bad. Sorry.

Your welcome. And I know what you mean. Damn near need a program to keep up. :toast:

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
You have a pic of Two Bad guy and cut out the eyes so you can jerk off in the mirror to it.

Do you have some repressed gay tendencies? Every post you've talked about me in talks about cock bags, and now jerking off in the mirror.

Besides being dumb as fuck, you obviously have other issues.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Do you have some repressed gay tendencies? Every post you've talked about me in talks about cock bags, and now jerking off in the mirror.

Besides being dumb as ****, you obviously have other issues.

Says the guy whos stalking me. If you don't like me then use the ignore button moron.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Says the guy whos stalking me. If you don't like me then use the ignore button moron.

Stalking? I replied to what I thought of your posts.

You have real issues.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Stalking? I replied to what I thought of your posts.

You have real issues.

Thats enough from you Dr.Phil

LaChapelle
09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm sure there are several guys that would have loved to wack you Harrison. You know what I mean, with a lead pipe. No need to wack yourself.

Chocolate Hog
09-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Nah Trent is a nice guy

KCDC
09-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I think the issues to work out for Seymour with the Pats is that they promise to sign him after he flees Oakland in a year.

The Bad Guy
09-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Seymour is requesting a new contract before agreeing to go to Oakland.

chefsos
09-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Seymour is requesting a new contract before agreeing to go to Oakland.

Heh, "requesting" is a nice way of putting it.