PDA

View Full Version : Life Relationship Questions.

El Jefe
09-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Just curious to get some feedback on a couple questions from some of you folks. Firstly, how many dates did you go on before you decided to date your Significant Other? Some say by the 3rd date you should know if you could marry that person, others say that's silly. Those who are married, how long did it take for you to realize they were the "one"?

acesn8s
09-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm still not sure if she is the one.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Whenever you decide she's the one. That's how long it takes

Reerun_KC
I wanted to marry my wife the first time I ever saw her... It took a few weeks before she would date me. 6 months later we were married, almost 18 years ago.

Buck
I'm gonna go ahead and nominate this thread for the HOC.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 11:49 AM
It also depends if you are fat and ugly. If you are fat and ugly you will probably never find the one. You will just find one that tolorates you so your fat ass won't die alone

Deberg_1990
09-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Just dont wear any wolf shirts on the first few dates and you will be fine.

El Jefe
09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
I wanted to marry my wife the first time I ever saw her... It took a few weeks before she would date me. 6 months later we were married, almost 18 years ago.

Wow that's crazy, I also didnt realize you were that old (not a slam). Funny story, my dad had a friend who was trying to date a girl (my mom), and she would not go out with him. So my dad said he could get her to go out on a date with him, his buddy bet him she wouldnt give him the time of day. Well she accepted the date, and ended up marrying him, and 30+ years later still together. He said he probably would of never asked her out if not for that bet, they didnt go to the same school either.

Reerun_KC

If you want to mate and sow your royal oats on every date, you wear Wolf Shirts...

You cant deny the power of the Wolf Shirt.

Demonpenz
I wore a wolf shirt once on the first date, i cut out a hole where the wolfs heart was, stuck my dick through so it was like my date was fucking a wolf heart

El Jefe
09-08-2009, 11:53 AM

Heh. We had a little mini family vacation, and we were down in a hillbilly town and I bought and rocked the 3 Wolf Shirt from a Wal-Mart. It was pure Gold, I was like a god down there when I had that shirt on.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Wow that's crazy, I also didnt realize you were that old (not a slam). Funny story, my dad had a friend who was trying to date a girl (my mom), and she would not go out with him. So my dad said he could get her to go out on a date with him, his buddy bet him she wouldnt give him the time of day. Well she accepted the date, and ended up marrying him, and 30+ years later still together. He said he probably would of never asked her out if not for that bet, they didnt go to the same school either.

:cuss:

I am only 36!

El Jefe
09-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Wow you got married at 18?

Buck
I wore a wolf shirt once on the first date, i cut out a hole where the wolfs heart was, stuck my dick through so it was like my date was fucking a wolf heart

I reaffirm my earlier post.

El Jefe
I wore a wolf shirt once on the first date, i cut out a hole where the wolfs heart was, stuck my dick through so it was like my date was ****ing a wolf heart

Good Lord.

El Jefe
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I reaffirm my earlier post.

Hows the love life out in California going for you BroNamath?

cdcox
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
My wife was the first girl I dated. Within a few months, it became clear it was a serious relationship. We broke up for 6 months after dating for 3 years. When we got back together, it was pretty much assumed by both of us that we'd marry soon, which we did (less than a year later). Been married for 26 years.

Every case is unique and depends on the people involved and their experiences.

Pablo
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
You should probably be able to tell within a few dates if the person has enough interesting things to say/common interests for you to pursue some sort of long term relationship. If you're bored already, just plan on fucking a lot and leave it at that.

cdcox
09-08-2009, 12:03 PM
You should probably be able to tell within a few dates if the person has enough interesting things to say/common interests for you to pursue some sort of long term relationship. If you're bored already, just plan on ****ing a lot and leave it at that.

I agree with this. I would expect it is easier to accurately rule someone out after a few dates than it is to determine if you are ready to spend your whole life with someone.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow you got married at 18?

Yep and the best thing to ever happen to me. I married well above my league. She is my best friend and wife. I couldnt imagine a day without Mrs Reerun_KC.

CoMoChief
09-08-2009, 12:09 PM
3rd date.....you should know if you could marry that person?

Who the fuck made that rule? The 3rd date you still don't know jack shit about that person. A lot of people don't even kiss on the 3rd date.

Pablo
09-08-2009, 12:11 PM
A lot of people don't even kiss on the 3rd date.Because they aren't closers.

No coffee for those folks.

Der Flöprer
09-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I didn't know after the 1st year that I would end up marrying my wife. Life throws you curveballs and you never know how someone is going to change as they age. We've been married 5 years this month, and together for over 7 years. So far so good.

Jilly
09-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I probably knew when we dated in high school, but it was too love/hate back then. Way too many emotions for a teenager to handle. When we started dating again in our 20's, it was the minute I opened the door.....the minute he touched my hand. I knew I needed to be with him, that I loved him. And it wasn't until this time that I had no idea that what I had felt for every other guy, including my ex husband, wasn't love at all.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I probably knew when we dated in high school, but it was too love/hate back then. Way too many emotions for a teenager to handle. When we started dating again in our 20's, it was the minute I opened the door.....the minute he touched my hand. I knew I needed to be with him, that I loved him. And it wasn't until this time that I had no idea that what I had felt for every other guy, including my ex husband, wasn't love at all.

Could be like that-3 doors down.mp3 while reading this post

Pablo
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Two in the pink, one in the stink. Best relationship advice ever.

Inspector
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I think it's different with different people.

For me, it was the "at first site" thing which I would have never believed in if it hadn't actually happened to me.

We now have 4 grandkids. And I wouldn't alter one little bit of it. No way, no how.

Good luck.

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
The 1st date with Lumpy was kind of akward. We were both young and it was a blind date. She was really shy and we didn't talk a hell of a lot. At the end of the date I was getting ready to leave and she grabbed me and tasted my tonsils.

After that happened I didn't really know what to think. I never quite got a good look at her the whole night, (I was a bit shy too).

Two days later I drove to her place and she came walking out in skin tight jeans and I knew at that moment, she was it.

We've been together for almost 16 years now.

Jilly
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM

what song?

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
If I could be like that, I do anything just to liiiive one dayyyy in your shoes

Simplex3
09-08-2009, 12:27 PM
If you are looking for "the one" you'll be looking forever. There is no one perfect match.

Looking for "the one" only gives you an out after you are married and things aren't perfect. You'll just decide that she isn't "the one" and you'll move on to look for "the one".

There are hundreds or thousands of people out there that you are compatible with. When you find one of them and the timing is right, settle down and commit yourself to making a marriage with that person. It isn't rocket science.

Jilly
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
If I could be like that, I do anything just to liiiive one dayyyy in your shoes

That song sounds so much like that old early 90's Lifehouse song, I've finally found the love of a lifetime, at the beginning.

Der Flöprer
09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
If you are looking for "the one" you'll be looking forever. There is no one perfect match.

Looking for "the one" only gives you an out after you are married and things aren't perfect. You'll just decide that she isn't "the one" and you'll move on to look for "the one".

There are hundreds or thousands of people out there that you are compatible with. When you find one of them and the timing is right, settle down and commit yourself to making a marriage with that person. It isn't rocket science.

This. A married life is a partnership. Give and take, and supporting each other. Once you make the decision to get married, it's all usually a cop out after that. There are exceptions to that rule, but if it comes down to an exception, you made a horrible decision in the first place.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I took a rocket science class. It was actually pretty easy.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:30 PM
That song sounds so much like that old early 90's Lifehouse song, I've finally found the love of a lifetime, at the beginning.

alright this one's for mecca and you. Couples skate only

Love of a lifetime_firehouse.mp3

Jilly
09-08-2009, 12:32 PM
I think maybe I just see this differently since I was married before, but also because I've come to the conclusion that our relationship is just really unique and perhaps we got really lucky to have found each other. I certainly wasn't looking for it and wanted to resist it at first, but found that I just couldn't and now every day is a blessing and a gift. And yeah, I think life together is always work, but honestly, for us, there's not much to work at. We just adore each other and know that we are so much better together, then even our best selves alone.

Jilly
09-08-2009, 12:33 PM
alright this one's for mecca and you. Couples skate only

Love of a lifetime_firehouse.mp3

FIREHOUSE...I knew I had the name wrong. Mecca? You know Im' married to Sully, right? And definitely that was a couple skate song!!! ROFL Every Friday night, baby.

angelo
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
The first time I saw my wife she took my breath away. I then found out that she had started dating my brother a week earlier. My brother slept with her roommate two weeks later and they broke up. We became friends and hung out together for 2 years. We were both doing a lot of drugs and partying 24-7 at that time. We started to mess around one night and she just stopped and said that she was to confused I got up and left. We did not talk for about 6 months.The next thing I knew she was getting married.

I would she her once or twice a year (I would still get the thunderbolt every time I saw her) and the first thing I would ask her if she was still married with a smile on my face. I had gone on with my life and a series of insane girls.

I was at home one night 9 years later and my phone rang. It was her, The first thing I asked was "are you still married". She stated no she had been divorced for a year and had moved into a new place and came across some of my things. I asked her if she wanted to get a beer and she said yes.

We met that night and have not been apart since. it has been 10 years now and we have been married for 6 years.

I realized that she was the one when it dawned on me that she was my Best Friend That I Wanted To See Naked.

I may look, But I will never touch. I know what I have to lose.

Ang

Fish
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
What the difference between true love and herpes?

- Herpes actually lasts forever

El Jefe
09-08-2009, 01:33 PM
The first time I saw my wife she took my breath away. I then found out that she had started dating my brother a week earlier. My brother slept with her roommate two weeks later and they broke up. We became friends and hung out together for 2 years. We were both doing a lot of drugs and partying 24-7 at that time. We started to mess around one night and she just stopped and said that she was to confused I got up and left. We did not talk for about 6 months.The next thing I knew she was getting married.

I would she her once or twice a year (I would still get the thunderbolt every time I saw her) and the first thing I would ask her if she was still married with a smile on my face. I had gone on with my life and a series of insane girls.

I was at home one night 9 years later and my phone rang. It was her, The first thing I asked was "are you still married". She stated no she had been divorced for a year and had moved into a new place and came across some of my things. I asked her if she wanted to get a beer and she said yes.

We met that night and have not been apart since. it has been 10 years now and we have been married for 6 years.

I realized that she was the one when it dawned on me that she was my Best Friend That I Wanted To See Naked.

I may look, But I will never touch. I know what I have to lose.

Ang

Wow that's a crazy story, congrats and best wishes for the future.

Reerun_KC
09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
The 1st date with Lumpy was kind of akward. We were both young and it was a blind date. She was really shy and we didn't talk a hell of a lot. At the end of the date I was getting ready to leave and she grabbed me and tasted my tonsils.

After that happened I didn't really know what to think. I never quite got a good look at her the whole night, (I was a bit shy too).

Two days later I drove to her place and she came walking out in skin tight jeans and I knew at that moment, she was it.

We've been together for almost 16 years now.

Cool story!

TrebMaxx
09-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Took me four years. But I had been divorced and f***ed over previously by my she devil ex and I had a mindset to never get married again. I was ready to somewhat commit but for me that meant "yeah, we can live together". To make a long story short after two years of dating and two years living together she threw out the ultimatum to get married or call it quits. I thought about what she was saying, I mean really thought about it, and realized she was the one and she wasn't out to f*** me over. Been happily married for over 19 years. I can't complain about any of it.

Dayze
09-08-2009, 02:42 PM
my wife and I hit it off immediately the first time we hung otu with mutal friends; went on 3 dates in one week; we pretty much were tied at the hip shortly there after. I knew I wanted to marry her within about 8 months.

keg in kc
09-08-2009, 02:59 PM
My memory is kind of fuzzy, this was a long time ago, but I think my ex and I were pretty much joined at the hip from the day we met. We didn't exactly date, we were neighbors who (I think) met at a party, skipped dating and went straight to lots of sex.

Spicy McHaggis
09-08-2009, 03:05 PM

If you play 3 Doors Down, Creed and Nickelback at the same time, the world comes to an end.

sedated
09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
and wanted to resist it at first,

This is precisely why I drug them.

Dunit35
09-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Yep and the best thing to ever happen to me. I married well above my league. She is my best friend and wife. I couldnt imagine a day without Mrs Reerun_KC.

And she's a fine dime piece.

Yeah son.

tooge
09-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Lets see. The first "one" ended up having hairs on her nipples and beig pshychotic, "buzzzzz" not the one. The second "one" ended up thinking it would be fun to play hide and go funk my best friend, "buzzzz" not the one. The third "one" didn't think vegetables had any place in the bedroom, "buzzzz", not the one. The "one" ended up just being, you know, the "one".

DJJasonp
09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
If she laughs when people fall down at the mall, skateboarders bite it, and Caddyshack......you've got a winner!

Skip Towne
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
I think I'll go get that "9 years and 3 kids later" thread.

BWillie
09-08-2009, 03:48 PM
There really isn't the "one". In reality, there are probably 500K broads in this world that you would be compatible with and could have a LTR with. At some point, you just get tired of chasing after ass and say "Hey, this is good enough for me. I quit." If I met the girl I am with now about 5 years ago, I never would of dated her because I was a crazy partying college dude that would never ever let himself be tied down. I'm lazy now, and she seems to yell at me alot less than other alternatives, so somehow along the way she coerced me into an LTR.

Delano
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
There really isn't the "one". In reality, there are probably 500K broads in this world that you would be compatible with and could have a LTR with. At some point, you just get tired of chasing after ass and say "Hey, this is good enough for me. I quit." If I met the girl I am with now about 5 years ago, I never would of dated her because I was a crazy partying college dude that would never ever let himself be tied down. I'm lazy now, and she seems to yell at me alot less than other alternatives, so somehow along the way she coerced me into an LTR.

AWWW playa gettin' locked down.

Jilly
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM

This is called, "settling", and this is not a necessity. True love does exist and "the one" definitely exists. So I hope you don't truly believe this post of yours, sorry, but it makes me sad.

Jilly
09-08-2009, 03:57 PM
AWWW playa gettin' locked down.

really? Are you serious with the "playa"?

Delano
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
really? Are you serious with the "playa"?

Believe it. Ya heard?

Jilly
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Believe it. Ya heard?

ROFL

Katipan
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Just curious to get some feedback on a couple questions from some of you folks. Firstly, how many dates did you go on before you decided to date your Significant Other? Some say by the 3rd date you should know if you could marry that person, others say that's silly. Those who are married, how long did it take for you to realize they were the "one"?

They're all the one. At that time.