PDA

View Full Version : Misc Minn. man accused of killing toddler with bat

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Minn. man accused of killing toddler with bat
(AP) 1 hour ago

WHEATON, Minn. A court official says a man accused of killing a 14-month-old girl with a baseball bat during an attack in a western Minnesota church will be charged with two counts of second-degree murder.

Traverse County District Court deputy administrator Cindy Blasing says prosecutors also plan to charge David Collins on Tuesday with two counts of attempted second-degree murder and one count of second-degree assault. She says another man, Darryl Kennedy, will be charged with second-degree assault.

Prosecutors say Collins attacked the girl's father, Claude Hankins, with a bat on Thursday at a church in Wheaton, which is on Minnesota's border with the Dakotas. Kennedy was armed with a 2-by-4.

Collins' wife has said her husband didn't see the baby when he swung the bat.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Related articles
Minn. man accused of killing toddler with bat
The Associated Press - 59 minutes ago
Father: Suspect in daughter's attack his best man
Wahpeton Daily News - 22 hours ago
Charges being filed in attack at Minnesota church
WKBT - 1 hour ago
More coverage (8)
Add News to your Google Homepage
Map
2009 Google - About Google News - Blog - Help Center - Help for Publishers - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Google Home

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Put a fork(ball) in this guy.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Collins' wife has said her husband didn't see the baby when he swung the bat.

He was with the Royals organization?

Gonzo
I never quite figured out why any of you post shit like this.

Thanks for bringing the place down Penz.

Demonpenz
Put a fork(ball) in this guy.

3 strike rule doesn't apply here

OnTheWarpath58
09-08-2009, 12:27 PM

LMAO

seclark

there it is...you're on the ball today.
sec

doomy3
:shake:

Demonpenz

sorry, I guess I was off base

wild1
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Do you people think this is funny?

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Do you people think this is funny?

Evidently.

DeezNutz

Thought 'penz was safe, but Gonzo called foul.

OnTheWarpath58
Evidently.

FFS.

You've been here long enough to know better.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Superficial rhetorical humor isn't a reflection of the moral state of CP.

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Thought 'penz was safe, but Gonzo called foul.

Ok... that made me giggle a bit.

But still, jesus man. We need a special thread for depressing news.

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:32 PM
FFS.

You've been here long enough to know better.

Yeah...
I guess so.

as you were.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Superficial rhetorical humor isn't a reflection of the moral state of CP.

Any rebroadcast, retransmission, or account of chiefsplanet, without the express written consent of Daface is prohibited."

JD10367
09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
"Collins' wife has said her husband didn't see the baby when he swung the bat."

Oh. Well, that's cool, man, that makes it okay.

Hey, if you don't mind, we'll claim we didn't see you in the way when we let the firing squad take aim at the target behind you.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Local Bulliton board Member gets depressed over depressing news

In what people are calling shocking and surprising, Gonzo, a poster in chiefsplanet has been depressed over depressing news. Local Hillbilly Mohillibilly shouted "Tits Or gtfo!" while flakes of bass were falling out of his mouth after hearing the news.
No word yet if rep has been issued.

Raised On Riots
09-08-2009, 12:35 PM

This.

OnTheWarpath58
Any rebroadcast, retransmission, or account of chiefsplanet, without the express written consent of Daface is prohibited."

Denny Matthews: Collins swings AND YOU CAN KISS THAT BABY GOODBYE!

acesn8s
Ok... that made me giggle a bit.

But still, jesus man. We need a special thread for depressing news.We do. It's the Official Game Thread.

OnTheWarpath58
09-08-2009, 12:36 PM
"Collins' wife has said her husband didn't see the baby when he swung the bat."

Oh. Well, that's cool, man, that makes it okay.

Hey, if you don't mind, we'll claim we didn't see you in the way when we let the firing squad take aim at the target behind you.

I'm still wondering what goes through someone's head when they decide to bring a 2-by-4 or a bat to church with them.

OnTheWarpath58

In what people are calling shocking and surprising, Gonzo, a poster in chiefsplanet has been depressed over depressing news. Local Hillbilly Mohillibilly shouted "Tits Or gtfo!" while flakes of bass were falling out of his mouth after hearing the news.

LMAO

DeezNutz
Denny Matthews: Collins swings AND YOU CAN KISS THAT BABY GOODBYE!

We do. It's the Official Game Thread.

I loolallalrlad at both.

Tried not to with the first, but, alas...

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm still wondering what goes through someone's head when they decide to bring a 2-by-4 or a bat to church with them.

hacksaw jim dugan appreciation day

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:38 PM

I'll try to fall on that grenade:

http://i31.tinypic.com/35c53ma.jpg

jidar
09-08-2009, 12:39 PM
fuck yeah! Tits!

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:39 PM

Yeah yeah fucker.

I deserved this I guess.

Being a newer dad and all may have brought out my inner vagina a bit I guess.

Fuck it, I'm gonna go drink beer, shoot birds and change out a water pump on an old Chevy tonight. That ought to get it.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah yeah ****er.

I deserved this I guess.

**** it, I'm gonna go drink beer, shoot birds and change out a water pump on an old Chevy tonight. That ought to get it.

Ok, let's see the outer one.

OnTheWarpath58
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah yeah fucker.

I deserved this I guess.

Fuck it, I'm gonna go drink beer, shoot birds and change out a water pump on an old Chevy tonight. That ought to get it.

Dude, I'm with you.

I refuse to watch the local news, because I'm sick of 12 minutes worth of rape, murders, fires, scams, etc.

And now, here's the weather and sports.

Then they leave 10 seconds at the end to do a feel good story.

Bottom line: Society is fucked. Sometimes you just have to laugh about it.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah yeah ****er.

I deserved this I guess.

**** it, I'm gonna go drink beer, shoot birds and change out a water pump on an old Chevy tonight. That ought to get it.

no reason to feel like a vagina. this is all in poor taste and should be called out.

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I'll try to fall on that grenade:

http://i31.tinypic.com/35c53ma.jpg

Did you download an oompa loompa pron or sumthin?

Willy Wanker and the Fudge Packery maybe?

I have a craving for some sweet potatoes.

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
no reason to feel like a vagina. this is all in poor taste and should be called out.

Will this guy get an appeal?

Baconeater
09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Dude, I'm with you.

I refuse to watch the local news, because I'm sick of 12 minutes worth of rape, murders, fires, scams, etc.

Bottom line: Society is ****ed. Sometimes you just have to laugh about it.
Well what in the hell do you expect when you live in the murder capitol of the United States?

wild1
09-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Did you download an oompa loompa pron or sumthin?

Willy Wanker and the Fudge Packery maybe?

I have a craving for some sweet potatoes.

no, that orange maiden with the conspicuous enhancements came from a thread last week about a member who had gotten some cosmetic surgery done.

OnTheWarpath58
09-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Well what in the hell do you expect when you live in the murder capitol of the United States?

And the news in fucking Omaha is any different?

Christ, dude. It's not like I've never stepped foot outside my own metro area. Every local newscast I've ever watched, in any city, is the same.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Dude, I'm with you.

Bottom line: Society is ****ed. Sometimes you just have to laugh about it.

sometimes the feel good stories aren't even feel good.

lets go to janet....Well a traffic pileup caused a seedy situation as a watermelon truck was overturned causing the melons to go all over the road. 3 people died bak to you jim

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
And the news in fucking Omaha is any different?

Christ, dude. It's not like I've never stepped foot outside my own metro area. Every local newscast I've ever watched, in any city, is the same.

List here fucker...

Omaha news is different. They do Husker updates every 2 minutes.

What is the murder capital now? LA?

DeezNutz
09-08-2009, 12:53 PM
And the news in ****ing Omaha is any different?

It's better in Olathe.

Sunny, gentle west wind. 75.

OnTheWarpath58
List here fucker...

Omaha news is different. They do Husker updates every 2 minutes.

What is the murder capital now? LA?

Like I said, 12 minutes of garbage, then on to the weather.

Rain Man
David Collins!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9SdRitr5o0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P9SdRitr5o0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gonzo
sometimes the feel good stories aren't even feel good.

lets go to janet....Well a traffic pileup caused a seedy situation as a watermelon truck was overturned causing the melons to go all over the road. 3 people died bak to you jim

That would be a bit less depressing. Imagine the racial jokes some of the guys would spew about this...
ROFL

Reaper16
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM

I'm continually impressed with the response times of the Atchison Times reporters.

Baconeater
09-08-2009, 12:54 PM
And the news in ****ing Omaha is any different?

It's certainly not as bad as what you're describing, we only get a couple murders a week here.

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm continually impressed with the response times of the Atchison Times reporters.

I have been following them on twitter and they are really fast.

" Avoid the bridge if you can traffic is bad, chicken strip special at DQ 2day, Amelia Earhart rulez ATtimes

OnTheWarpath58
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
It's certainly not as bad as what you're describing, we only get a couple murders a week here.

Is Omaha impervious to fires, rape, drug deals, etc?

Bottom line: Do the Omaha newscasts show any good news in the first 10 minutes?

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 12:59 PM
all new teams, collages murders rapes and incest modes in Ea Sports MVP baseball Road To Omaha

Baconeater
09-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Is Omaha impervious to fires, rape, drug deals, etc?

Bottom line: Do the Omaha newscasts show any good news in the first 10 minutes?
Oh, that stuff happens, but it's rare that there is more than a couple of those stories a day. Our news is basically a bunch of useless information, shit like local political bullcrap and their stupid health segment they have every night which 99.9% of the time does not pertain to me in any way.

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 01:04 PM

Meh... It's 60 minutes of garbage here.

Here you go...

Newswatch 7..

Bob: Our top story today, Bo Pelini has a boil on his left testicle. We're not sure if he'll have it lanced or try some topical cream. Susan Rotchacokoff is at the location reporting live, Susan?

Susan: "Gurgle gurgle gurgle, back to you Bob"

Bob: "That cock sure looks good Susan, Hang in there."

Co Anchor Debbie: A horrible crime in Lincoln today where two males shot each other in the face with shotguns. We don't think this will impede traffic for the Nebraska - Oklahoma City College for Nuns with Syphillis, but we will keep you informed.

Commercial:

"Hi, I'm Tom Osborne, I like H1233465b Hybrid Corn seed. Get higher yield of this radiated shit to feed your cattle and put in our sodas motherfuckers! I'm Tom Osborn and if I say it's good, buy this fucking shit!"

That's about it, (even in the offseason)

OnTheWarpath58
09-08-2009, 01:05 PM

Here you go...

Newswatch 7..

Bob: Our top story today, Bo Pelini has a boil on his left testicle. We're not sure if he'll have it lanced or try some topical cream. Susan Rotchacokoff is at the location reporting live, Susan?

Co Anchor Debbie: A horrible crime in Lincoln today where two males shot each other in the face with shotguns. We don't think this will impede traffic for the Nebraska - Oklahoma City College for Nuns with Syphillis, but we will keep you informed.

Commercial:

"Hi, I'm Tom Osborne, I like H1233465b Hybrid Corn seed. Get higher yield of this radiated shit to feed your cattle and put in our sodas motherfuckers! I'm Tom Osborn and if I say it's good, buy this fucking shit!"

ROFL

Raised On Riots
09-08-2009, 01:07 PM

Here you go...

Newswatch 7..

Commercial:

LMAO

Reaper16
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM

Here you go...

Newswatch 7..

Commercial:

LMAO

Demonpenz
09-08-2009, 01:12 PM
i didn't think gonzo had him in that

salame
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
rednecks

Pitt Gorilla
09-08-2009, 02:16 PM

Here you go...

Newswatch 7..

Commercial:

"Hi, I'm Tom Osborne, I like H1233465b Hybrid Corn seed. Get higher yield of this radiated shit to feed your cattle and put in our sodas mother****ers! I'm Tom Osborn and if I say it's good, buy this ****ing shit!"

That's about it, (even in the offseason)Awesome.

gblowfish
09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Gabba Gabba HEY!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9EhPunI6xg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9EhPunI6xg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Raised On Riots
09-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Gabba Gabba HEY!!
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9EhPunI6xg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Yes; EMBRACE THE GABBA!

Count Alex's Losses
09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Bats are the fiercest killers in the winged rodent kingdom.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-08-2009, 04:22 PM

Or here in Seattle, 12 minutes of garbage, then 12 minutes of depressing shit.

ct
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Why can't we just kill people like this? Pedophiles too. Seriously. Why we continue to try and 'rehabilitate' human beings that are just flat broke in the head is beyond me.

Thig Lyfe
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
I guess this gives new meaning to the term "baby batter."

Baconeater
09-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Here you go Warpath, a summary of the first 10 minutes tonight's local news at 5:

Top story- Crime scene investigator on trial

Mother threatens son with knife

City Budget news

South Omaha Bridge closes for good

Obama's speech

Flight delay law

Airline workers on strike in Miami

Fraud allegations in Afghan elections.

Fire truck in N Hollywood falls in sinkhole

Damn, not one murder, rape, or fire. :D

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Here you go Warpath, a summary of the first 10 minutes tonight's local news at 5:

Top story- Crime scene investigator on trial

Mother threatens son with knife

City Budget news

South Omaha Bridge closes for good

Obama's speech

Flight delay law

Airline workers on strike in Miami

Fraud allegations in Afghan elections.

Fire truck in N Hollywood falls in sinkhole

Damn, not one murder, rape, or fire. :D

Shit... No husker news leading off today? Well, I might have exaggerated a little. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Bats are the fiercest killers in the winged rodent kingdom.

Aren't they the only member of the winged rodent kingdom? Makes it kind of easy. But they are cool. They eat their own weight in mosquitoes each night.

On a related note, I once new a douchebag who ate her own weight in ejaculate one night... but that's another story for another time.

Count Alex's Losses
09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
JD10367 is a badass n00b. I think he's going to be n00b of the year.

JD10367
09-08-2009, 06:51 PM

http://www.rkart.us/work/chop/MiscDigiArt/sallyfieldOscars.jpg

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Fucking A! Dude does nothing but contribute.

(fyi n00b, GoChiefs endorsement hurts your chances)
Posted via Mobile Device