PDA

View Full Version : Life The Mo-Hawk

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Has it become a fad? My girlfriend wants me to get rid of mine because she has seen many fauxhawks pop up recently, and now thinks its a turnoff. I must admit, i've seen a lot of them too. Every freakin' kid seems to have one now.

So, i must ask, is it a fad now? How often do you see it? Has the Mo-Hawk become just as played out as the Faux-hawk?

MOhillbilly
09-09-2009, 09:16 AM
ya dude its been over for years.

seclark
09-09-2009, 09:17 AM
i pity the fool that thinks mohawks aint cool.

KyleProBoller
09-09-2009, 09:18 AM
You must have a really good job. I know we love it when people come in with mohawks for job interviews where I work.

Inspector
09-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Someone still has one?

You aint no Chuck Liddell!!

(Just messin with ya. I still had a pony tail when I was in my 40's...)

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Hell, maybe it's time to just go back to the ol' fade. A classic that never goes out of style

tooge
09-09-2009, 09:21 AM
They were real cool prior to 1850 or so. And only if you were pawnee, crow, blackfoot etc. Other than that, they are lame.

Raised On Riots
09-09-2009, 09:23 AM
It died in 1991. RIP.

Demonpenz
09-09-2009, 09:25 AM
when black guys 2 years ago spray painted it yellow for football. it was over.

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Is it a mohawk that consists only of the haircut pattern, or is it a mohawk where the hair is also spiked and dyed? And if dyed, what color(s)? This will impact my vote.

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Is it a mohawk that consists only of the haircut pattern, or is it a mohawk where the hair is also spiked and dyed? And if dyed, what color(s)? This will impact my vote.

It's spiked, long, but not dyed.

kepp
09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
You must have a really good job. I know we love it when people come in with mohawks for job interviews where I work.

ROFLROFL

Pestilence
09-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Mohawks are fine around the ages of 4-8. Anything after that and you look like a dumbass.

ChiTown
09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Mohawks are fine around the ages of 4-8. Anything after that and you look like a dumbass.

ROFL

Totally agree.

Pestilence
09-09-2009, 09:31 AM
ROFL

Totally agree.

Let me edit that to include the following statement.

Mohawks are fine if you're in MMA or in a band. But even then....you're still kind of a dumbass.

KyleProBoller
Mohawks stopped being cool the minute David Beckham gave his kid one.

blaise
Tattoos think mohawks are now mainstream.

Saulbadguy
09-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I only see children with mohawks now, generally only white trash.

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Mohawks stopped being cool the minute David Beckham gave his kid one.

This. This was the answer i was looking for.

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Alright, so what kind of haircuts are you all sporting?

ChiTown
09-09-2009, 09:37 AM

Think Van Halen, 1984..........

:D

KyleProBoller
09-09-2009, 09:38 AM

This ought to yield some interesting answers from this crew. I'm guessing we'll see lots of mullets and bowl cuts.

Demonpenz
09-09-2009, 09:38 AM
50% of chiefsplanet are bald or going bald overweight so we have to have a goatee to hide our double chins, then we shave our head and wearin harley davidson to look sweet. What we end up looking like is every other white middle class dude shopping for tampons at 11 at price chopper (and we forget our chopper shopper cards)

blaise
09-09-2009, 09:41 AM

#2 clipper on the whole thing.

Pestilence
09-09-2009, 09:42 AM

1 on the side and 5 on top. I've had the military fade ever since I joined back in 2001.

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 09:45 AM

If it's spiked, then I think you should keep it. But you really should consider going with a different color. Personally, I like electric green on mohawks.

(Seriously, I like looking at people with unusual hair. It entertains me. It may cost you your girlfriend and any shot at career success, but if it entertains me then I'll vote for it.)

angelo
09-09-2009, 09:46 AM
It has gone the way of the soul patch.

Ang

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 09:47 AM

Damn hippie.

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
1 on the side and 5 on top. I've had the military fade ever since I joined back in 2001.

Damn hippie.

Demonpenz
09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
i ususally go #1 while shaving my head but i go wihout the guard for the rest of my body. bic-ing several parts

Molitoth
09-09-2009, 09:50 AM
There are no original haircuts anymore, everything has been done before. What we saw in the 80's were people trying to be unique, and look how horrible those hair trends were now that we look back at them.

In my opinion you just gotta support whatever hairstyle fits your personality.

I was supporting shoulder length surfer style wavy hair for the past few years, although now that my hair is thinning so I had to get it cut...

Now I kinda spike it up in the front while I'm at work, and I faux-hawk it when I'm on stage. I don't really care what anyone thinks though, people can suck it. Everyone is going to think something is stupid anyway, personally if I see another sideways straight billed hat, or DC shoes untied I think I'm going to puke. Also, the wiggers with their pants dropped down to their knees and their xxxL t-shirts make me puke. So ya, you really can't please everyone, so please yourself.

blaise
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I want to see the return of black dudes sporting the high-top-fades/ Cameo cut afros like Big Daddy Kane or Tupac in Juice.

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Per his avatar saying, a mod needs to change his name to De-mohawks-ing.

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 09:59 AM
There are no original haircuts anymore, everything has been done before. What we saw in the 80's were people trying to be unique, and look how horrible those hair trends were now that we look back at them.

In my opinion you just gotta support whatever hairstyle fits your personality.

I was supporting shoulder length surfer style wavy hair for the past few years, although now that my hair is thinning so I had to get it cut...

Now I kinda spike it up in the front while I'm at work, and I faux-hawk it when I'm on stage. I don't really care what anyone thinks though, people can suck it. Everyone is going to think something is stupid anyway, personally if I see another sideways straight billed hat, or DC shoes untied I think I'm going to puke. Also, the wiggers with their pants dropped down to their knees and their xxxL t-shirts make me puke. So ya, you really can't please everyone, so please yourself.

That is very true.

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 10:01 AM
If it's spiked, then I think you should keep it. But you really should consider going with a different color. Personally, I like electric green on mohawks.

(Seriously, I like looking at people with unusual hair. It entertains me. It may cost you your girlfriend and any shot at career success, but if it entertains me then I'll vote for it.)

My GF likes it, she just doesn't like the fact that it has become a fad recently. Maybe i can outlast the latest trend?

As far as my job goes, strange hair and tattoos are not uncommon. No one really cares what your hair style is.

Demonpenz
09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
i tried to dress up for hip hop day awhile back and looked for shirts big enough with those skull caps that black dude wears in friday after next but i couldn't.

Buehler445
09-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I fucking hate hair. All of it. My wife cuts my hair with 1/4 on the sides and 3/4 on the top. This precludes me from having to do anything to it after I get out of the shower. Shit's falling out anyway, there is no point in pumping time, energy, or money into something that won't make me any less ugly.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise
09-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Bill Self just glues his on in the morning.

Iowanian
09-09-2009, 10:20 AM
The A-team was cancelled in the late 80s for a reason.

If you're going to wear a haircut like that, you might as well get some tats on your neck and hands to complete the "job stopper tri-fecta".

MahiMike
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Dude, mohawks are so 70's. You should get a mullet.

Raised On Riots
09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I fucking hate hair. All of it. My wife cuts my hair with 1/4 on the sides and 3/4 on the top. This precludes me from having to do anything to it after I get out of the shower. Shit's falling out anyway, there is no point in pumping time, energy, or money into something that won't make me any less ugly.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

El Jefe
09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I voted for no it's still kind of rare, I probably see one like once a month if that. I dont care for them though.

El Jefe
09-09-2009, 10:25 AM

Mullet

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I voted for no it's still kind of rare, I probably see one like once a month if that. I dont care for them though.

That's what im looking for, thank you.

Raised On Riots
09-09-2009, 10:27 AM

As long as it's not a douchebag MMA 'Hawk, I'd say you're okay.

Crashride
09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I have one. I dont gel it or anything, just come out the shower push it towards the middle and im out the door. Great haircut.

L.A. Chieffan
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
as long as it's not a faux-hawk then whatever...

chris anderson is a colostomy bag

JimNasium
09-09-2009, 10:47 AM
That one dude on Rock Band has a bitchin' mohawk.

vailpass
09-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Business up front, party in the back. See what I'm sayin'?

GoHuge
09-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I'll be 30 in three months and over the last ten years I've gone messy, fell into several of the bad trends (the fauhawk included), grew my hair out to where it was about two inches long, and just recently took the #3 clippers to the whole thing and like it better than anything I've had since I was 20 playing JuCo FB. Forgot how much easier it is not to have to deal with it all. Also save money on haircuts. I just have my girlfriend clean up the neck and I'm good to go. Had more compliments on this look than I ever did on the fashion chasing do's over the years. Old enough now to know as long as your clean cut women don't really give a shit how trendy your hair is. Have actually seen alot of guys going back to the really short look. I'm sure it's the same with other guys, but I was just sick of ****ing with it. Hair products currently used=2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner.

NewChief
09-09-2009, 11:02 AM

This.

Though I've had dreadlocks, Misfit-style bangs, skinhead, pony tail, and everything else. I'm too close to bald to pull off anything other than the shave, now.

BWillie
09-09-2009, 11:14 AM
LOL A MoHawk? What are you 14?

Molitoth
09-09-2009, 11:20 AM
LOL A MoHawk? What are you 14?

Obviously this is a thread for the non- Homer Simpson looking people who actually have hair to style. I realize the majority of this board are overweight men with little hair and a nice gruffy goatee to make up for it... but damn. People WITH hair can drink beer, work as mechanics, and bang whores too.

Raised On Riots
09-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Obviously this is a thread for the non- Homer Simpson looking people who actually have hair to style. I realize the majority of this board are overweight men with little hair and a nice gruffy goatee to make up for it... but damn. People WITH hair can drink beer, work as mechanics, and bang whores too.

ROFL:clap:

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I'll be 30 in three months and over the last ten years I've gone messy, fell into several of the bad trends (the fauhawk included), grew my hair out to where it was about two inches long, and just recently took the #3 clippers to the whole thing and like it better than anything I've had since I was 20 playing JuCo FB. Forgot how much easier it is not to have to deal with it all. Also save money on haircuts. I just have my girlfriend clean up the neck and I'm good to go. Had more compliments on this look than I ever did on the fashion chasing do's over the years. Old enough now to know as long as your clean cut women don't really give a shit how trendy your hair is. Have actually seen alot of guys going back to the really short look. I'm sure it's the same with other guys, but I was just sick of ****ing with it. Hair products currently used=2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner.

Im thinking about just going back to the ol' 4 on the top, 2 on on the sides. Sooo much easier to deal with and it doesn't look like shit when you wake up in the morning. I wake up, shower, and my hair is done.

Raised On Riots
09-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Im thinking about just going back to the ol' 4 on the top, 2 on on the sides. Sooo much easier to deal with and it doesn't look like shit when you wake up in the morning. I wake up, shower, and my hair is done.

I recommend the 3-2; more bang for the buck.

Rain Man
09-09-2009, 11:47 AM
My GF likes it, she just doesn't like the fact that it has become a fad recently. Maybe i can outlast the latest trend?

As far as my job goes, strange hair and tattoos are not uncommon. No one really cares what your hair style is.

If they don't care, then you're not trying hard enough. Try braiding some small snakes into it.

TinyEvel
09-09-2009, 11:48 AM
GO for the NOHAWK like me and Nzoner and Lzen and other CPers. Just don't get the goatee with it: talk about PLAYED OUT oh brother

DenverDanChiefsFan
09-09-2009, 11:53 AM
#1 clipper over the entire thing

MOhillbilly
09-09-2009, 12:01 PM
This.

Though I've had dreadlocks, Misfit-style bangs, skinhead, pony tail, and everything else. I'm too close to bald to pull off anything other than the shave, now.

Misfit-style bangs= DevilLok

suds79
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Are we talking Mohawk or Fohawk?

Mohawk - shaved on the sides. (been out since Mr T.) but some college guys still rock it)

Fohawk - not shaved on the sides. just kind pointy on top. (yeah, step outside and you'll see one.) They're all over.

BWillie
09-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Sorry. Definitely not overweight or bald yet. I keep active and go out all the time. And while some of my douchebag counterparts enjoy the mohawk, it just screams something about gobbling dick to me. Maybe it's just because I see alot of gay celebs with them and reminds me of that whiney bastard from Dashboard Confessional? :shrug:

Inspector
09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
This ought to yield some interesting answers from this crew. I'm guessing we'll see lots of mullets and bowl cuts.

You forgot to LOL at him.

Remember? That's your shtick.

It's OK, you're still learning.:D

Detoxing
09-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Sorry. Definitely not overweight or bald yet. I keep active and go out all the time. And while some of my douchebag counterparts enjoy the mohawk, it just screams something about gobbling dick to me. Maybe it's just because I see alot of gay celebs with them and reminds me of that whiney bastard from Dashboard Confessional? :shrug:

Your thinking Fauxhawk, not Mohawk. Either way, chicks dig the fauxhawk's.

BigVE
I think a sideways ear to ear mohawk would be much more "in".

Inspector
50% of chiefsplanet are bald or going bald overweight so we have to have a goatee to hide our double chins, then we shave our head and wearin harley davidson to look sweet. What we end up looking like is every other white middle class dude shopping for tampons at 11 at price chopper (and we forget our chopper shopper cards)

I'm suddenly reminded why menopause aint so bad after all.:)