PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock draws the line in the sand against Pioli and Haley

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
09-12-2009, 09:36 PM
He really needs to shelve this Egoli crap. It's dumb.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1441010.html

Haley and Pioli talk tough; Ravens play too tough

You ever write a check your rear end couldn’t cash?

If so, you know how Todd Haley is going to feel at noon today when he and the Chiefs square off against Ray Lewis and the Baltimore Ravens.

The check was written months ago, when Haley told Kansas City’s best player that 22 guys off the street could win two games. The check grew larger from there, each time first-time general manager Scott Ego-li treated a Kansas City Chiefs employee like football was invented in New England.

There’s nothing wrong with writing a big check. You have to in Haley and Ego-li’s line of work. You bet big to win big.

But you also need the resources to back up your tough talk or risk looking like a fool.

Today is our first real opportunity to look beyond the bluster. Haley and Ego-li spent the offseason bullying everyone at Arrowhead Stadium and acting like they knew more about winning football than Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry and Chuck Noll combined.

If Haley and Ego-li couldn’t intimidate you, they demoted or eliminated you from the organization. In pursuit of changing a culture of mediocrity, thus far Haley and Ego-li have replaced it with a culture of fear.

Fear, some coaches say, is the ultimate motivator. Confidence, all coaches agree, is the key to establishing consistent, high-level performance. Can fear and confidence coexist?

Kansas City’s 2009 season will serve as a test of this question.

There’s little reason to expect a positive answer today. Drawing Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and the Baltimore defense as a first test is extreme bad luck.

My wish for today is that Haley has the discipline to put his ego away and feed Brodie Croyle to the Ravens defense. M&T Bank Stadium is not the location to unveil a half-healthy Sixty Million Dollar Man.

If Matt Cassel and his injured knee are under center this afternoon, then you know ego has trumped common sense along the Kansas City sideline.

I know. Everyone thought the Chiefs were going to get thumped in their season opener last season at New England. I know. The NFL is the most unpredictable league in all of sports. I know. You never go into a game planning on losing.

There are few certainties in life or sports. Ray Lewis and the Baltimore defense showing up salty on opening day can officially be added to death and taxes.

Given the sorry state of the right side of Kansas City’s offensive line and the mediocrity of KC’s receiving corps, I feel confident at least one Chiefs quarterback will be helped from the field today.

Lewis and Reed can do whatever they want today. They can leave the corners on an island to play man to man and attack the quarterback with blitzes. They can rush four and drop seven in coverage. Right now, Kansas City’s offense is an all-you-can-eat buffet, and Lewis just needs to decide if he’s going to pig out on crab legs or chicken wings.

Last year, the Chiefs played New England close simply because Bernard Pollard delivered a lucky shot to Tom Brady’s knee, ending the season of the league’s top player before the first quarter expired. The Patriots had to regroup emotionally and strategically.

Short of Baltimore defenders showing up for the game drunk, I can’t envision a scenario in which things go well for the Chiefs.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope the Chiefs shock the world, win today and 10 more.

But the goal this afternoon should be survival and leaving Avon Barksdale’s city with the tools required to beat Oakland next weekend inside Arrowhead Stadium.

There’s too much risk and not enough reward for putting Cassel in harm’s way at Baltimore. Can the Chiefs upset the Ravens with Cassel at quarterback? No. The Ravens, 11-5 last year, are two-touchdown favorites and an ascending team.

The confident move would be to sit Cassel. If Haley is scared, he’ll foolishly rush his franchise quarterback onto the field in a transparent bid to show he’s as fearless (and dumb) as his offseason tough talk.

DaFace
09-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure I've liked a single Chiefs-related article of Whitlock's since Pioli came to town. Oddly, I've liked 90% of what Gretz has written since then. Strange world.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2009, 09:40 PM
That was pure garbage...

Cosmos
09-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes... Croyle tomorrow.

WildTurkey
09-12-2009, 09:41 PM
That was pure garbage...

It's Whitlock as usual, typical bitching and moaning

the Talking Can
09-12-2009, 09:42 PM
even by fatlock's standards, that is childish....borderline unprofessional, i mean if there were any standard for quasi-literate columnists....

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Pfffffft. WHo drew what?

acasas4
09-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Fuck Fatlock.

DaneMcCloud
Whitlock's right.

It would be absolutely foolish to throw a less than 100% Matt Cassel out behind this offensive line and against that defense.

Reerun_KC
It's Whitlock as usual, typical bitching and moaning

He is worse than I was about Herm... At least these guys have proven themselves, unlike Carl and Herm...

I had legit bitches about the ass clowns in charge over the last 3 years.. Whitlock is reaching, trying to make shit up to prove that he is important and should be listened to...

This is complete donkey shit...

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 09:45 PM
we aint no BITCHES. WHO THE FUCK IS SKURRED OF THE RAVENS!?

notorious
09-12-2009, 09:45 PM
He gives Herm a pass for a long time, but rips into the new regime before their first game?

JohninGpt
09-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Whitlock drew a line in the sand in his vagina.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 09:47 PM
we aint no BITCHES. WHO THE FUCK IS SKURRED OF THE RAVENS!?

Did your parents just give you access to the internet?

Hammock Parties
He gives Herm a pass for a long time, but rips into the new regime before their first game?

Whitlock was praising Herm during the second half of 2008.

Complete bullshit!

notorious
Whitlock drew a line in the sand in his vagina.

The line looks like it was made by a 400 pound snail.

the Talking Can
09-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Whitlock's right.

It would be absolutely foolish to throw a less than 100% Matt Cassel out behind this offensive line and against that defense.

if your QB or coach is that big a pussy you might as well not even get on the plane...

just call the commish and tell him you're too much a scared pussy to play the game....

for fuck sakes..

milkman
Whitlock's right.

He may be right about that.

However, the last line is sheer fucking idiocy, as is everything else that dumbfuck writes.

WildTurkey

desperate attempt to be relevant, he's not and his vagina is all hurt over it evidently

DBOSHO
Did your parents just give you access to the internet?

not suprised to see you again. you skurred of the ravens?

JohninGpt
The line looks like it was made by a 400 pound snail.

That's a big ol' gina.

DaneMcCloud

Not to defend Herm, but he didn't come into town and cut everyone off.

Besides that, no one at the Star is bright enough (or probably well paid enough) to bribe some of the people working at Arrowhead for an inside scoop.

notorious
09-12-2009, 09:49 PM
desperate attempt to be relevant, he's not and his vagina is all hurt over it evidently

Judging by the apparent size of his vagina, that's a lot of hurt.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 09:49 PM
not suprised to see you again. you skurred of the ravens?

Shut the fuck up.

I've been here all week, Fucknozzle.

I just haven't participated in your usual bullshit threads.

By the way, Cuntsack, I've got more than 17,000 posts.

You'll see me here often.

milkman
09-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Besides that, no one at the Star is bright enough (or probably well paid enough) to bribe some of the people working at Arrowhead for an inside scoop.

Regardless, it's clear that he's got an axe to grind with this regime, and that is unprofessional, especially given that the last regime, who he defended was absolute crap.

notorious
09-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Shut the **** up.

I've been here all week, ****nozzle.

By the way, ****sack, I've got more than 17,000 posts.

That's the Dane we all know and love!

Slainte
09-12-2009, 09:52 PM
"Egoli" is not going to catch on...no matter how often it's foisted on the reading public.

Bad article.

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Shut the **** up.

I've been here all week, ****nozzle.

By the way, ****sack, I've got more than 17,000 posts.

i meant attacking my posts. forgot i had to specify for your bitch ass:p

notorious
09-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Regardless, it's clear that he's got an axe to grind with this regime, and that is unprofessional, especially given that the last regime, who he defended was absolute crap.

The reporters are butt-hurt over the new regime.

Carl and Herm pretty much did their jobs for them by giving them all kinds of information.

Pioli and Haley aren't telling them anything, so they actually have to work for information.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 09:54 PM
i meant attacking my posts. forgot i had to specify for your bitch ass:p

Oh, just go away and fuck your plus-sized sister again.

We know what the bet was really about.

stevieray
09-12-2009, 09:54 PM
bullying, fear, demotion, elimination and tough talk...

I like the new direction..so overdue

Reerun_KC
09-12-2009, 09:55 PM

The reason information was so freely given before Pioli got here is all because of Carls Ego....

These guys are about winning and building a championship, could give a rats ass how the media precieves them... Unlike Carl, they care about whats on the field, not whats being printed about them...

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
bullying, fear, demotion, elimination and (dumb) tough talk...

Ilike the bew direction. so overdue

I agree that a new direction was long overdue but I also believe that if they don't pay any serious results by year three, their act will have grown old.

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh, just go away and **** your plus-sized sister again.

dane you are really insecure. gettin all bent outta shape cause i said i wasnt suprised to see you. you actin like a real mcasshole

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 09:57 PM
The consistent use of "22 guys off the street" is already old.

You wiped Waters' tears. We get it. Ok.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2009, 09:59 PM
dane you are really insecure. gettin all bent outta shape cause i said i wasnt suprised to see you. you actin like a real mcasshole

Not that I have seen, he seems very secure in the beatdowns he issues here...

:thumb:

DaneMcCloud

Yeah, I'm really insecure.

:deevee:

Help me, DBOSHO!

LMAO

stevieray
I agree that a new direction was long overdue but I also believe that if they don't pay any serious results by year three, their act will have grown old.

I suspect with Clark as well...

Easy 6
09-12-2009, 10:00 PM
As somebody, somewhere, said to someone, at the Planet the other night...'get the f*** out of the way or get runover'.

DaneMcCloud

I hope you're right, my friend.

I'm sure that none of us are willing to wait 20 years again...

DBOSHO
Question Dane.

if you are "so sick of my retarded annoying ass"

why dont you put ME on ignore?

DeezNutz

No way Clark moves off of Pioli in any less than 5 years.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2009, 10:01 PM
lets hope, it doesnt take 5 years to build a champion...

3 years is enough

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I'm really insecure.

:deevee:

Help me, DBOSHO!

LMAO

then what is it?

cause you a bitch

Reerun_KC
09-12-2009, 10:03 PM

no reason at all that 5 years there isnt at least 2 AFC championship games and 1 superbowl trophy for Clark to shine...

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Question Dane.

if you are "so sick of my retarded annoying ass"

why dont you put ME on ignore?

Other way around, Douche

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Other way around, Douche

i love battling your dumb ass, "Douchenozzle "

Reerun_KC
09-12-2009, 10:07 PM
i love battling your dumb ass, "Douchenozzle "

Dude, why hijack the thread with your Dane Love/hate Bromance?

stevieray
09-12-2009, 10:08 PM

sorry should have clairified that I meant Haley...from day one, with Herm and Haley, he has stated all he wants is to see improvemnt...he cut both HE and CP earlier than projected. I don't think he moves on SP either..unless it's all a total flop.

I really think people underestimate Clark's competitiveness.

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Dude, why hijack the thread with your Dane Love/hate Bromance?

he started it.

BigRock
09-12-2009, 10:09 PM
if your coach is that big a pussy you might as well not even get on the plane...

just call the commish and tell him you're too much a scared pussy to play the game....

for **** sakes..

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4293/finstock.jpg

I never thought Pioli coming to KC would magically turn Whitlock into Ron Borges. What a sad state of affairs.

Reerun_KC
sorry should have clairified that I meant Haley...from day one, with Herm and Haley, he has stated all he wants is to see improvemnt...he cut both HE and CP earlier than projected.

Honestly, I feel we are in the 1st year of Clarks tenure as the owner... Now they he has HIS guys in place, time will tell how he handles failure...

Coogs
It's time for Whitlock to move on to a new town. There was a time when I really looked forward to reading his articles. But sadly, he has become a younger version of Jack Harry.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:10 PM
sorry should have clairified that I meant Haley...from day one, with Herm and Haley, he has stated all he wants is to see improvemnt...he cut both HE and CP earlier than projected.

Oh, I completely agree with the Haley part.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:13 PM
It's time for Whitlock to move on to a new town. There was a time when I really looked forward to reading his articles. But sadly, he has become a younger version of Jack Harry.

I, too, have grown weary of certain aspects of Whitlock's schtick, and the dude used to offer some great analysis.

Combination of two things, IMO, which have caused JW to start grasping:

1. Newspapers are dying and increasingly less relevant. (90-95% of the problem)
2. Lack of access at 1 Arrowhead. (remaining 5-10%)

Deberg_1990
09-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I, too, have grown weary of certain aspects of Whitlock's schtick, and the dude used to offer some great analysis.

Yea i agree. This act has grown a little tired.

IM thankful he helped run Carl out of town, but now hes treating Pioli the same way before this new regime has played one single meaningful down.

He could have at least waited a couple of games before he chimed in with this crap.

cabletech94
09-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Agreed. Whitlock (in my opinion) used to be rather informative and really quite humorous. But lately, kinda been sad.

notorious
09-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Outstanding insight. When a person's job comes into jepordy, they get very uncomfortable and start to reach.

Coogs
09-12-2009, 10:18 PM

Can't argue with you on this one at all. Thing is, he doesn't have to be a complete homer to write a good article on the Chiefs to be OK with me. But his constant bashing of everything is just like Jack Harry. And it probably does nothing at all to help with the lack of access he has at 1 Arrowhead. Not real smart IMO.

CaliforniaChief
09-12-2009, 10:21 PM
After reading that article, there is now nothing more that I'd love to see than Cassel start, play, and finish that game with 300 yards of passing, 3 TD's, and a big "F-you" from the team to Whitlock. Ok, so that probably won't happen.

Didn't he used to run his stupid thoughts past his barber first? Someone needs to go to the 99 cent store and get this douche a diary.

KcFanInGA
09-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Whitlock's right.

And what message does that send to your team? You don't not start your starting QB because you are afraid of the defense.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Can't argue with you on this one at all. Thing is, he doesn't have to be a complete homer to write a good article on the Chiefs to be OK with me. But his constant bashing of everything is just like Jack Harry. And it probably does nothing at all to help with the lack of access he has at 1 Arrowhead. Not real smart IMO.

The constant references to "22 guys..." also sounds to me like he's gotten too close with a player. Now it's become more about backing one of his boys, who is one of his few remaining sources, than providing intellectually honest analysis.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2009, 10:27 PM
The constant references to "22 guys..." also sounds to me like he's gotten too close with a player. Now it's become more about backing one of his boys, who is one of his few remaining sources, than providing intellectually honest analysis.

Crying Waters?

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
And what message does that send to your team? You don't not start your starting QB because you are afraid of the defense.

Dude, they SHOULD be afraid of this defense. They're downright scary. To think otherwise is foolish.

But furthermore, why send your $63 million dollar investment on the field if he's anything less than 100%?

That isn't a sound decision.

CaliforniaChief
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
If he was to be intellectually honest (a stretch), he could flip that and say that while it remains to be proven if 22 guys off the street could win 2 games, it has been proven that 28 out of 30 players no longer on the team are now on the street themselves. So technically, Haley is correct.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Dude, they SHOULD be afraid of this defense. They're downright scary. To think otherwise is foolish.

But furthermore, why send your $63 million dollar investment on the field if he's anything less than 100%?

BTW, it was a bad investment, when you had 1 year to test drive your product...

Now it is sink or swim...

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:32 PM

No fear.

Just respect.

If any one of these sacks of shit on our team is fearful, I hope he's cut immediately and summarily kicked in the man sack as hard as possible. No way should even the least talented player in the league fear the best one.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 10:33 PM
then what is it?

cause you a bitch

I a bitch, huh?

DBOSHO, you're a retard. You started a thread about ME. You've been here for less than 6 months and I've been here for nine years. What the fuck do you think the result of such an asinine move would be?

Four years ago, you wouldn't have lasted a week. Frazod, Skip, Laz, Milkman and especially Iowanian would have pounded your ass within one inch of internet access. Unfortunately, most of these guys don't post often enough.

The bottom line is that you did the unthinkable: You slammed and started a thread about a founding member of Chiefsplanet. Yet when it was CLEAR that you were in the wrong, you did nothing.

No apologies. Not to me, not the forum, not to anyone.

You're fucking assclown and you prove it each and every day. I hope your sister gives good head because I doubt you'll ever get a chick on your own.

Oh and BTW, I don't put people on ignore. They put ME on ignore. Got it?

I blame that Phobia guy, FTW!!!!

Mecca
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
There's nothing wrong with that article, if you put Cassel out there against the Ravens with a bum knee you're just asking for it...

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Dane may have moved slow, but it was only because Dane didn't have to move for anybody.

Psyko Tek
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
once somebody starts making upnames
their cedibility drops

you don't have to call names to make a point

if the best you got is calling somebody a name you arguement is weak

Mecca
09-12-2009, 10:38 PM
I still don't see a problem with the premise of the article, and Whitlock gives everyone names it's how he writes.

Coogs
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM

I think it is obvious that Cassel is not going to be 100%. However, from the clips I have seen on the local sports reports, he obviously is not operating at say only 70%.

If Pioli/Haley decide to send Cassel out there tomorrow, even if a bit under 100%, it should send out more of a statement to the entire team that we have a leader that we can depend on. Many of the great QB's have taken the field when less than 100%, and lived to tell about it.

The way some people make this game out to be is like Baltimore is the greatest NFL defense of all time going against a Pop Warner team. Whitlock included in that group of people.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I still don't see a problem with the premise of the article, and Whitlock gives everyone names it's how he writes.

It's not quite so black and white.

What percentage will Cassel be at? If he's close, he has to play. There really isn't a choice.

penchief
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Well, let's give them a chance before we start condemning them. Besides, I don't see what all the fuss is about. The reality has not matched the impression being perpetuated by Whitlock and some on this board. Whitlock is nothing more than a self-serving asshole. And there are a lot of contrarians who are more than willing to jump on board his band wagons.

I see Haley and Pioli as running a tight ship and nothing more. I don't see bullying or intimidation at all. Their approach has been strict but pretty much low key if you ask me. It seems to me that they are being criticized for something they are not presently guilty of.

IMO, Whitlock is waging his usual shit-stirring campaign and all the drama queens are jumping on board. I don't understand how a hack like Whitlock can keep his job by writing vindictive stuff all the time. Most of which rarely has any basis in reality. And I don't understand chief fans who are eager to condemn the new regime for taking a strong stand against the loser attitude that has resulted in a 6-26 record over the past two seasons.

There seems to be a lot of self-important people acting all offended over things that have very little to do with what has actually taken place or the task at hand.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Now, what needs to happen is that the Chiefs MUST game plan to protect Cassel. If that means that it looks like Herm is back in town and the media etc. blast the shit out of Haley's play calling, who the fuck cares.

Mecca

What percentage will Cassel be at? If he's close, he has to play. There really isn't a choice.

Well we'll find out, but if they put him out there and he's obviously not very mobile or something like that, it's a horrible idea.

They can do what they want, I'm not gonna be like they have to do this or that though I do think they should be a bit concerned about protecting Cassel.

DBOSHO
Noone is running me away from here dane. least of all, you.

if you want your apology ill give it to you, but DO YOU THINK YOU DESERVE IT? you talk shit on everyone here and when i make a little thread about you, you wanna cry about it?

poor dane, im sorry.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Really? You think?

Huh. I think that if he is still struggling to plant his foot tomorrow, he'll be a scratch.

Man, I'd hate to lose that guy for the season.

Coogs
Well, let's give them a chance before we start condemning them. Besides, I don't see what all the fuss is about. The reality has not matched the impression being perpetuated by Whitlock and some on this board. Whitlock is nothing more than a self-serving asshole. And there are a lot of contrarians who are more than willing to jump on board his band wagons.

I see Haley and Pioli as running a tight ship and nothing more. I don't see bullying or intimidation at all. Their approach has been strict but pretty much low key if you ask me. It seems to me that they are being criticized for something they are not presently guilty of.

IMO, Whitlock is waging his usual shit-stirring campaign and all the drama queens are jumping on board. I don't understand how a hack like Whitlock can keep his job by writing vindictive stuff all the time. Most of which rarely has any basis in reality. And I don't understand chief fans who are eager to condemn the new regime for taking a strong stand against the loser attitude that has resulted in a 6-26 record over the past two seasons.

There seems to be a lot of self-important people acting all offended over things that have very little to do with what has actually taken place or the task at hand.

Nice take! :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
Noone is running me away from here dane. least of all, you.

if you want your apology ill give it to you, but DO YOU THINK YOU DESERVE IT? you talk shit on everyone here and when i make a little thread about you, you wanna cry about it?

poor dane, im sorry.

Everyone?

Really?

Everyone?

Man, you either have some kind of crazy Bromance going on or you just aren't paying attention.

Mecca
I see Dane has an admirer, isn't it nice?

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Well we'll find out, but if they put him out there and he's obviously not very mobile or something like that, it's a horrible idea.

They can do what they want, I'm not gonna be like they have to do this or that though I do think they should be a bit concerned about protecting Cassel.

If he can't move, he shouldn't play.

But I expect a decent amount of RRPP, and very short routes out of the gun. Limit the D's access to Cassel at all costs.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I see Dane has an admirer, isn't it nice?

Geez Dude, it seems like it's either you or me.

I guess I "win" this time out.

Psyko Tek
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM
, I've got more than 17,000 posts.

guess you know more than anybody
my god your cock must be three feet long

just saying a lot don't mean you know shit
just means you post alot

moran

Deberg_1990
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I still don't see a problem with the premise of the article,

I have a problem with it because Pioli has only been on the job about 8 months. The Ravens team has been in place for years.

Yes everyone knows the Ravens have a solid team. But to compare them to the Chiefs at this stage is apples and oranges.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Dane and DBO frolicking:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_u7-mcI6i95Q/R4qb9qp6woI/AAAAAAAAAI4/DWIO5i94vj8/s320/lisafrank.gif

Mecca
Geez Dude, it seems like it's either you or me.

I guess I "win" this time out.

I don't really get it, our forum is loading up with people who should be joining the Coalition or WPI.

DaneMcCloud
gues you know moe then
ny god your cock must be three feet long

jusat saying alot don't mean you know shit
moran

I'm sorry, I don't speak drunken idiot.

CaliforniaChief
Whitlock has no idea what Cassel's true status is anymore than my 8 year old son. Nobody's disclosed anything. If it's the kind of injury that is not prone to re-injury but just a matter of pain management, you send him out there. If it's a different kind of injury, you don't. But he's trying to look like a prophet by betting that an overwhelming favorite will beat the Chiefs at home...and then he can write "I saw this coming and I'm smart" on Monday.

It's kind of like writing Houston's obituary against Okie State. Only problem for Whitlock is that occasionally Houston wins. Like tonight. That's why it would be so great to see Whitlock inducted into the Assclown Hall of Fame.

DaneMcCloud
Dane and DBO frolicking:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_u7-mcI6i95Q/R4qb9qp6woI/AAAAAAAAAI4/DWIO5i94vj8/s320/lisafrank.gif

Hey!

Mecca
I have a problem with it because Pioli has only been on the job about 8 months. The Ravens team has been in place for years.

Yes everyone knows the Ravens have a solid team. But to compare them to the Chiefs at this stage is apples and oranges.

It's the Chiefs first game who do you want him to talk about someone we don't play?

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't really get it, our forum is loading up with people who should be joining the Coalition or WPI.

Yeah, it's sickening.

At least it brings out my good side.

Coogs

I would agree totally if he is not very mobile that he shouldn't go out there. But, if he is close to 100% then it is not that major of a gamble.

Deberg_1990
It's the Chiefs first game who do you want him to talk about someone we don't play?

No. but he sort of acts as if the Chiefs should be as instantly tough as the Ravens, and if they are not, then Pioli and Haley are failures.

MMXcalibur
First off, Whitlock, enough with the "Egoli", you fat fuck. Put the Waters' butthurt sentiments behind for Christ sakes. Haley was trying to spring some life into this sad sack of a team with his statement and I wouldn't doubt it being true when put to the test.

Secondly, you start Cassel tomorrow if he's ready to go. Piss on this stupid inane bullshit that just because it's Baltimore you shy away from putting in your starting QB. If you believe he's healthy enough and he's your starting QB, you stick him the fuck in. Fuck that pussy thinking of "shying away from the Ravens D" and fuck anybody that thinks that way.

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Everyone?

Really?

Everyone?

Man, you either have some kind of crazy Bromance going on or you just aren't paying attention.

whether you know or not, or care, there are people here that dont take kindly to you. with good reason.

Mecca
09-12-2009, 10:51 PM
No. but he sort of acts as if the Chiefs should be as instantly tough as the Ravens, and if they are not, then Pioli and Haley are failures.

I thought his article was that they believe they are as tough as the Ravens when they aren't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Whitlock's right.

He may be right about that.

However, the last line is sheer fucking idiocy, as is everything else that dumbfuck writes.

My Official Stance lands somewhere in-between these two takes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 10:52 PM
whether you know or not, or care, there are people here that dont take kindly to you. with good reason.

Man you need to shut the fuck up. And I mean right now.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2009, 10:52 PM
I thought his article was that they believe they are as tough as the Ravens when they aren't.

So Haley should say to his team "Guys, we just arnt as tough as the Ravens. Lets pack it up and go home" ?

Is that the attitude you want your HC to have??

doomy3
09-12-2009, 10:54 PM

You should let Haley know about those concerns. I'm sure he hasn't thought at all about that.

Mecca
09-12-2009, 10:55 PM
So Haley should say to his team "Guys, we just arnt as tough as the Ravens. Lets pack it up and go home" ?

Is that the attitude you want your HC to have??

Look you have to understand he's writing for the paper the majority of people reading that are casual idiot fans that really think because of how Haley speaks the Chiefs are tough and can give the Ravens a game.

Whitlocks entire job at the paper is to be the negative/realist writer. He isn't a warm fuzzy guy it's not what he was hired to be.

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Man you need to shut the **** up. And I mean right now.

im entitled to defend myself. i was done scrapping with dane before this thread. if you want it to stop, talk to dane.

doomy3
09-12-2009, 10:57 PM
My Official Stance lands somewhere in-between these two takes.

Just wait until someone else posts exactly how you feel, and then you can just post something like:

"ROFL This.

REP"

And life will go on as usual.

Coogs
Whitlocks entire job at the paper is to be the negative/realist writer. He isn't a warm fuzzy guy it's not what he was hired to be.

Negative he is. The realist part... not so much anymore. At one time, yes. Not anymore.

penchief

But that is an implication that Whitlock is intentionally making so that he can continue to cast aspersions. I've watched every single one of Haley's press conferences and I have yet to get that attitude.

The only thing I've heard Haley declare is how much of a challenge the Ravens are going to be because they are a very good team in all three aspects of the game. Whitlock is just trying to perpetuate and inflate the notion that Haley and Pioli are too big for their britches and need to be knocked down a couple notches. But the truth is that both their words and actions have belied that misrepresentation of the truth.

CaliforniaChief
I think this is hilarious. The season hasn't even started yet, people. Would the Miami Dolphins have scared anyone coming into last year? They ended up going from 1-15 to what, 11-5 and winning the AFC East?

Some people are just acting like sad sack Eeyores who just mope around with this "We're just the Chiefs and they're the mighty Ravens" crap. Not to sound like Barry's Koolaid here but isn't there a thought that maybe we give them our best shot and try to actually win a game?

Herm's weakness has paralyzed our fan base.

Deberg_1990
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Look you have to understand he's writing for the paper the majority of people reading that are casual idiot fans that really think because of how Haley speaks the Chiefs are tough and can give the Ravens a game.

I undertand that.

Honestly, most of the time i agree with JWhit. But this time i think hes way off base is all.

He had a deadline to meet, he probably ran out of ideas.

oh...and my prediction for tomorrow:

Chiefs 10
Ravens 24 :)

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
im entitled to defend myself. i was done scrapping with dane before this thread. if you want it to stop, talk to dane.

Scrapped with?

LMAO

You got bitchslapped, then ran of to start a thread.

You're unbelievable.

You and your plus-sized sister deserve each other.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 10:59 PM
He had a deadline to meet, he probably ran out of ideas.

Do you really believe that?

Or just hope it's true?

Coogs
But that is an implication that Whitlock is intentionally making so that he can continue to cast aspersions. I've watched every single one of Haley's press conferences and I have yet to get that attitude.

The only thing I've heard Haley declare is how much of a challenge the Ravens are going to be because they are a very good team in all three aspects of the game. Whitlock is just trying to perpetuate and inflate the notion that Haley and Pioli are too big for their britches and need to be knocked down a couple notches. But the truth is that both their words and actions have belied that misrepresentation of the truth.

Damn penchief, you are two for two! :toast:

Mecca
Miami's schedule was easy...ours isn't.

Also implying that a guy from NE is to big for his britches is an easy approach to take based on what has happened in other places.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I think this is hilarious. The season hasn't even started yet, people. Would the Miami Dolphins have scared anyone coming into last year? They ended up going from 1-15 to what, 11-5 and winning the AFC East?

Oh boy.

The Dolphins were 9-7 before Saban dumped them. They went 1-15 with a terrible head coach.

But besides all that, they beat only two teams with a winning record: The Pats in week 3 and the Jets in week 17.

Furthermore, their offensive line, receivers and running backs were heads and shoulders above the Chiefs. Their defense featured a guy that put up 17+ sacks.

To compare both teams is ludicrous.

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Scrapped with?

LMAO

You got bitchslapped, then ran of to start a thread.

You're unbelievable.

You and your plus-sized sister deserve each other.

that couldntve been any more predictable.

enlighten me. what bitch slapping took place?

CaliforniaChief
09-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Mecca I was just saying that just because Baltimore's defense has been dominant in the past doesn't guarantee that will carry over to this year.

Psyko Tek

yes you are correct on my current state
but post count does not mean smart

and the way you quoted count as IQ, rightness,bothered me

talkiing more doesn't mean you re right
it just means you talk more

DeezNutz

Press conferences can give an indication of mannerisms, which can be important, but the words don't mean shit. Of course he's going to praise the fuck out of the opposition. Hell, Harrrbaaaaaa said Hali was a stud...

Some of the actions have certainly suggested arrogance. For example, canning an OC and taking on even more responsibility as a first-year HC b/c "you need to be more involved" since you can do it best is arrogance, without question.

We'll see if the attitude pays dividends. I'm not against anything, I'm just sayin...

DBOSHO
Oh boy.

The Dolphins were 9-7 before Saban dumped them. They went 1-15 with a terrible head coach.

But besides all that, they beat only two teams with a winning record: The Pats in week 3 and the Jets in week 17.

Furthermore, their offensive line, receivers and running backs were heads and shoulders above the Chiefs. Their defense featured a guy that put up 17+ sacks.

who are their recievers again?

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Herm's weakness has paralyzed our fan base.

Wrong.

20 years of shitty drafting ruined the Chiefs fan base.

15 years without a playoff win weakened the Chiefs fan base.

Giving up two picks for Dick Vermeil, one pick for Herm Edwards and one pick for Trent Green (when we could have had Drew Brees) weakened our fan base.

It's a culmination of abominations that have existed since the terrible decision to pull Gannon in favor of Grbac in 1997.

DeezNutz
Oh boy.

Chicken and beer.

DaneMcCloud
yes you are correct on my current state
but post count does not mean smart

and the way you quoted count as IQ, rightness,bothered me

talkiing more doesn't mean you re right
it just means you talk more

Are you related to Smed?

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Chicken and beer.

Makes the world go 'round.

tk13
09-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Either way, thank goodness we're finally done with the 9 months of yapping from all you morons, and we will finally see some football. :D

DeezNutz
Wrong.

Giving up two picks for Dick Vermeil, one pick for Herm Edwards and one pick for Trent Green (when we could have had Drew Brees) weakened our fan base.

It's a culmination of abominations that have existed since the terrible decision to pull Gannon in favor of Grbac in 1997.

Wrong.

The discontinuation of the Chevy Camaro did far more damage than all of the above.

It's back. We have tits--well some of us do, and others have women--and we have beer.

We're straight.

Deberg_1990
Wrong.

This

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Just wait until someone else posts exactly how you feel, and then you can just post something like:

"ROFL This.

REP"

And life will go on as usual.

Motherfucker; you keep playing this same, tired old hand, and act like you've EVER given an original, intelligent thought to this fucking forum, but you HAVEN'T!

Not once!

But I've got one for you across the hall.

CaliforniaChief
09-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Wrong.

And now we're talking about keeping out a QB that might be better because he might have a higher risk of re-injury (but don't even know?). Regardless the cause, and I'll grant you much of what you've said, this fan base reflects a fully Hermified state. I can't wait to turn the page, and I know that's true for everyone here. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/headbang.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 11:09 PM

They should hire Doomy3 and The Talking Clap to educate those poor homers in the ways of "Positive Intelligent Dumbassery".

It's a new concept sweeping the world of professional football.

You have enough intelligence to discern the obvious and to discern reality, yet you just ultimately choose not to! And instead, you go with your Homer Emotions, logic be-damned, and pray for the best!

Did I mention the best part? You can't see past the game in front of you!

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Wrong.

The discontinuation of the Chevy Camaro did far more damage than all of the above.

It's back. We have tits--well some of us do, and others have women--and we have beer.

We're straight.

You have no idea just how happy I am for all of you.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Motherfucker; you keep playing this same, tired old hand, and act like you've EVER given an original, intelligent thought to this fucking forum, but you HAVEN'T!

Not once!

But I've got one for you across the hall.

You think that's bad.

I sent DBO the Idiot SHO a neg rep and all he could do is copy and paste it back to me!

We have some dumb people in these parts.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:13 PM
And now we're talking about keeping out a QB that might be better because he might have a higher risk of re-injury (but don't even know?). Regardless the cause, and I'll grant you much of what you've said, this fan base reflects a fully Hermified state. I can't wait to turn the page, and I know that's true for everyone here. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/headbang.gif

Dude, come on.

It's game ONE.

If he's not 100%, don't play him.

There's a LONG season ahead.

There's NO reason to lose him in the first game.

doomy3
09-12-2009, 11:13 PM
.You think that's bad.

I sent DBO the Idiot SHO a neg rep and all he could do is copy and paste it back to me!

ROFL

penchief
09-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Press conferences can give an indication of mannerisms, which can be important, but the words don't mean shit. Of course he's going to praise the **** out of the opposition. Hell, Harrrbaaaaaa said Hali was a stud...

Some of the actions have certainly suggested arrogance. For example, canning an OC and taking on even more responsibility as a first-year HC b/c "you need to be more involved" since you can do it best is arrogance, without question.

We'll see if the attitude pays dividends. I'm not against anything, I'm just sayin...

But that is a motive that you are assigning him based on something other than his attitude. That is called reaching. The fact is that it is his job to make this team better. And if he felt that the same offensive coordinator that got us 6-26 was not cutting it then he did the right thing for both the team and the fans. Gaily was given a chance to prove himself and it didn't work out. It seems to me that Haley based his decision on an evaluation.

I just don't understand why any fan of this team would be eager to judge and condemn a coach via the projection of ulterior motives that are unproven or intended merely to advance an opinion.

CaliforniaChief
09-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Dude, come on.

It's game ONE.

If there's a higher risk of injury by playing him, then I'm with you. But we don't know that, because they never confirmed anything. Like I've said, it could be just a matter of playing through some pain. Then he plays. Nobody has more riding on Cassel than the guys making the decision, so I trust they'll do what's in the organization's best interest.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 11:16 PM
You think that's bad.

Dumb doesn't even cut it! I can't fucking believe that one of the most football-savvy fan bases in the NFL suffers the likes of these fools.

doomy3
09-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Dumb doesn't even cut it! I can't ****ing believe that one of the most football-savvy fan bases in the NFL suffers the likes of these fools.

Thank God we have the unbelievable intelligence and football-savvy knowledge of Raised on Riots to offset it.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:19 PM
If there's a higher risk of injury by playing him, then I'm with you. But we don't know that, because they never confirmed anything. Like I've said, it could be just a matter of playing through some pain. Then he plays. Nobody has more riding on Cassel than the guys making the decision, so I trust they'll do what's in the organization's best interest.

I disagree.

Asking a defensive or offensive lineman to play through pain is one thing. Asking a linebacker or fullback or tight end is one thing.

Asking your quarterback to play through pain in game fucking ONE is stupid.

It shows a severe lack of judgment.

Play him when he's healthy and gives you the best chance to win.

Not before.

stevieray
09-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Man you need to shut the **** up. And I mean right now.

:rolleyes:

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 11:20 PM
But that is a motive that you are assigning him based on something other than his attitude. That is called reaching. The fact is that it is his job to make this team better. And if he felt that the same offensive coordinator that got us 6-26 was not cutting it then he did the right thing for both the team and the fans. Gaily was given a chance to prove himself and it didn't work out. It seems to me that Haley based his decision on an evaluation.

I just don't understand why any fan of this team would be eager to judge and condemn a coach via the projection of ulterior motives that are unproven or intended merely to advance an opinion.

I'm not reaching for anything. When asked why he made the switch, Haley responded (I'm paraphrasing but this is damn close): I felt like I needed to be more involved.

His words.

History has proven that it's a mistake for HCs to take on too much responsibility because they have enough work just being an effective HC. Now, when it's a fucking n00b, this is exponentially more true.

I'm neither judging nor condemning. Simply noting a fact.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 11:20 PM

Well perhaps if you posted something worth a flying fuck one of these days, I might possibly laugh at your obvious lack of a sense of humor.

Grow a fucking dick.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not reaching for anything. When asked why he made the switch, Haley responded (I'm paraphrasing but this is damn close): I felt like I needed to be more involved.

His words.

History has proven that it's a mistake for HCs to take on too much responsibility because they have enough work just being an effective HC. Now, when it's a fucking n00b, this is exponentially more true.

Facts are irrelevant when it comes to the Chiefs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Thank God we have the unbelievable intelligence and football-savvy knowledge of Raised on Riots to offset it.

And don't you forget it!

doomy3
09-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I disagree.

Asking a defensive or offensive lineman to play through pain is one thing. Asking a linebacker or fullback or tight end is one thing.

Asking your quarterback to play through pain in game ****ing one is stupid.

I don't know. Obviously, Haley wants us to be competitive this year. I honestly think he knows that being competitive may not translate to wins but I do think he wants to be competitive. If we go out tomorrow and just get blown out with our second and third string QB, the that is a major step back. If Cassel can go, he needs to play IMO. We play a lot of good pass rushing teams this year, and if we don't play him because the Ravens put some heat on the QB, but he would play against another team then that's bullshit. If that's the case, then let's sit him against the Giants, Eagles, Cowboys and Chargers too.

CaliforniaChief
09-12-2009, 11:23 PM
I disagree.

Asking your quarterback to play through pain in game ****ing ONE is stupid.

Play him when he's healthy and gives you the best chance to win.

Not before.

If Cassel's not at a higher risk of injury by playing and merely having to play through the pain, but gives us a better chance to win than Brodie does, would you still start Brodie? Sorry if I'm going Mike Vick on the dog here.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:25 PM

Why don't you grow some inverted testicles and come back when your testosterone level is a little higher.

M'kay?

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:27 PM
If Cassel's not at a higher risk of injury by playing and merely having to play through the pain, but gives us a better chance to win than Brodie does, would you still start Brodie? Sorry if I'm going Mike Vick on the dog here.

Dude,

Have you ever had an MCL sprain or tear? I have. It's brutal, beyond words.

Personally, I'd like to see Cassel in all 16 games. But with a sprained MCL, I'd be happy to see him in 13 games.

If he can't move to the best of his ability (which is limited, in comparison to mobile QB's), he should sit. Otherwise, we're going to lose this guy for the season because he plays behind the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Three years going.

Bar none.

penchief
09-12-2009, 11:30 PM

His words.

History has proven that it's a mistake for HCs to take on too much responsibility because they have enough work just being an effective HC. Now, when it's a ****ing n00b, this is exponentially more true.

So history has proven that he is arrogant because he thinks he can do a better job calling the offense? I don't think that is the definition of arrogant but I suppose I could be wrong.

He may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread but I'll bet it's not a reach to think he might do a better job than Gaily. Which would be the only requirement, correct? If it turns out that he does a better job than Gaily would that still make him arrogant? I believe he has behaved professionally thus far.

IMO, it is a reach to project undesirable character traits or ulterior motives onto another when the visible evidence is to the contrary.

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Why don't you grow some inverted testicles and come back when your testosterone level is a little higher.

M'kay?

ROFL so funny

MMXcalibur
There are a good number amount of morons here as there is with any board or fanbase. At the same time however, there's a vast majority of elitists here who need to get over themselves.

Sweet Daddy Hate
What part of "Pioli has committed to Cassel", and we don't have a fucking offense to back him up yet do you nut-rubbers not yet get?!

Did I mention we could lose our investment for the ENTIRE FUCKING SEASON OR WORSE?!

God Fucking Damnit; I hate losing, I don't want to lose either, but have some fucking perspective!

This doesn't make the Chiefs lesser or weak if Cassel doesn't play, it makes us the ONE FUCKING THING WE HAVEN'T BEEN IN 19 YEARS:

SMART.

stevieray
09-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Three years going.

Bar none.

then it doesn't matter when you start him. the same risk applies all 16 games.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 11:33 PM
SMART, YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS!!! WAKE THE FUCK UP! PLEASE!!!

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:35 PM
So history has proven that he is arrogant because he thinks he can do a better job calling the offense? I don't think that is the definition of arrogant but I could be wrong.

The problem is that it's not his job.

He was hired as Head Coach. A good head coach delegates responsibilities among several people, just as a good corporate manager would do in a similar situation (hundreds of employees, millions at stake).

He's shown a gross misjudment by not firing Gailey sooner. He's also taken on too much responsibility. Tell me, when was the last time that a Head Coach was also Offensive Coordinator and QB coach? How'd that turn out?

What this shows is that Haley makes bad decisions and feels the only way to rectify those decisions is by taking over the job himself. That is not good.

I hope it works out but the History of the World (not the movie) has shown that this just doesn't end well.

DBOSHO
Dumb doesn't even cut it! I can't ****ing believe that one of the most football-savvy fan bases in the NFL suffers the likes of these fools.

im the fool. you back bernard pollard.

DaneMcCloud

IMO, not when he's injured.

If he was healthy, hell yeah.

Injured?

Nope.

IMO.

doomy3
09-12-2009, 11:37 PM
What part of "Pioli has committed to Cassel", and we don't have a ****ing offense to back him up yet do you nut-rubbers not yet get?!

Did I mention we could lose our investment for the ENTIRE ****ING SEASON OR WORSE?!

God ****ing Damnit; I hate losing, I don't want to lose either, but have some ****ing perspective!

This doesn't make the Chiefs lesser or weak if Cassel doesn't play, it makes us the ONE ****ING THING WE HAVEN'T BEEN IN 19 YEARS:

SMART.

How long would you like him to sit out? Do you think by week 6 our OL will have come together enough so we can play our investment? Or, should we just sit him all this year, and hope to make some good signings next offseason?

EVERY time Cassel steps on the field we could lose him for the season or worse. The Ravens game is no different. If he sits this week and plays week 2, it could happen.

If he is well enough to play, I expect him to play. Same as if Anquan Boldin (hamstring) is well enough to play this week, I expect him to play. Same as if Carson Palmer (high ankle sprain) is well enough to play this week, I expect him to play.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:37 PM
If that's the case, then let's sit him against the Giants, Eagles, Cowboys and Chargers too.

Are you expecting him to have a limp and not be able to plant his foot while throwing?

I swear, I really don't think you guys know the extent of damage that's caused when an MCL is damaged.

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:38 PM
How long would you like him to sit out?

Until he is 100%.

The rest of the team is what it is.

Just Passin' By

Cassel's a quarterback who needs to be able to scramble. He's not Tom Brady in the pocket, with the ability to move a few inches and make people miss. He needs to be able to take off when things break down. That's even more important behind an offensive line that's struggled so far this season. I expect Haley will take that into account, since I don't think he's a complete moron.

DeezNutz
So history has proven that he is arrogant because he thinks he can do a better job calling the offense? I don't think that is the definition of arrogant but I suppose I could be wrong.

He may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread but I'll bet it's not a reach to think he might do a better job than Gaily. Which would be the only requirement, correct? If it turns out that he does a better job than Gaily would that still make him arrogant? I believe he has behaved professionally thus far.

IMO, it is a reach to project undesirable character traits or ulterior motives onto another when the visible evidence is to the contrary.

What positive character traits would you like to ascribe to a leader who is either:

A. unwilling to delegate authority?
B. unable to identify a problem earlier than 1 week before the season opener?

Just Passin' By
09-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Until he is 100%.

It's football. You don't wait for 100%. You wait for 'good enough to play'.

MMXcalibur
How long would you like him to sit out? Do you think by week 6 our OL will have come together enough so we can play our investment? Or, should we just sit him all this year, and hope to make some good signings next offseason?

EVERY time Cassel steps on the field we could lose him for the season or worse. The Ravens game is no different. If he sits this week and plays week 2, it could happen.

If he is well enough to play, I expect him to play. Same as if Anquan Boldin (hamstring) is well enough to play this week, I expect him to play. Same as if Carson Palmer (high ankle sprain) is well enough to play this week, I expect him to play.

Duct tape some bubble wrap on him and send him out. He'll be fine.

doomy3
Are you expecting him to have a limp and not be able to plant his foot while throwing?

I swear, I really don't think you guys know the extent of damage that's caused when an MCL is damaged.

None of us know the extent of the sprain, so you are correct in that assessment that none of us know the extent of the damage.

However, people that do know the extent include Matt Cassel, Todd Haley, and the trainers.

Not Jason Whitlock, Dane McCloud, or any other poster on this board.

If he's on the field, it's because he is well enough to play, and the coaches and training staff don't think he is at risk for more damage.

Sweet Daddy Hate
im the fool. you back bernard pollard.

One last fucking time you moron:

I like BP. I like him as a person. He's good people. I hoped that he could get it together under the new regime and rise up.

He didn't. He's gone. And I'm cool with that.

But that doesn't mean that I think he sucks as a human being because he couldn't make it in the eyes of the Great Haoili.

Do you possibly understand now?

Just Passin' By
09-12-2009, 11:40 PM
What positive character traits would you like to ascribe to a leader who is either:

Well, when you slant your questions and ignore valid alternatives, you get your slanted answers.

DeezNutz
None of us know the extent of the sprain, so you are correct in that assessment that none of us know the extent of the damage.

However, people that do know the extent include Matt Cassel, Todd Haley, and the trainers.

Not Jason Whitlock, Dane McCloud, or any other poster on this board.

If he's on the field, it's because he is well enough to play, and the coaches and training staff don't think he is at risk for more damage.

Actually, I know. /Nick Athan/

DBOSHO
i think you all know who is the REAL answer at qb behind this line....

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Well, when you slant your questions and ignore valid alternatives, you get your slanted answers.

LMAO.

Whom would you draft at #3?

Hammock Parties
i think you all know who is the REAL answer at qb behind this line....

Jesus Christ.

Just Passin' By
LMAO.

Whom would you draft at #3?

That depends. Does the team already have a quarterback?

DBOSHO
09-12-2009, 11:42 PM
One last ****ing time you moron:

I like BP. I like him as a person. He's good people. I hoped that he could get it together under the new regime and rise up.

But that doesn't mean that I think he sucks as a human being because he couldn't make it in the eyes of the Great Haoili.

i didnt catch that. 1 more again?

Sweet Daddy Hate

And there it was. We don't make that call. But what is "well enough"? In our case, the long-term stakes are much higher.

DeezNutz
Jesus Christ.

I agree that He would be an effective QB.

Should have drafted Him.

doomy3
One last ****ing time you moron:

Says the guy who drew a swastika and devil horns on another player who has never done anything but be a good guy.

DBOSHO
Jesus Christ.

he could be useful.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 11:43 PM
That depends. Does the team already have a quarterback?

No, the team did not.

It only had Cassel.

Just Passin' By
09-12-2009, 11:43 PM
I agree that He would be an effective QB.

Should have drafted Him.

Hand and foot injuries, plus you never know when he's just going to up and disappear on you. He's a bad long-term risk.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Hand and foot injuries, plus you never know when he's just going to up and disappear on you. He's a bad long-term risk.

You have to have faith.

penchief
09-12-2009, 11:44 PM
The problem is that it's not his job.

He was hired as Head Coach. A good head coach delegates responsibilities among several people, just as a good corporate manager would do in a similar situation (hundreds of employees, millions at stake).

He's shown a gross misjudment by not firing Gailey sooner. He's also taken on too much responsibility. Tell me, when was the last time that a Head Coach was also Offensive Coordinator and QB coach? How'd that turn out?

What this shows is that Haley makes bad decisions and feels the only way to rectify those decisions is by taking over the job himself. That is not good.

I hope it works out but the History of the World (not the movie) has shown that this just doesn't end well.

My guess is that there was a sense of urgency in his mind pertaining to this season. Apparently he didn't go into training camp thinking he was going to be coaching the offense. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he hires an offensive coordinator before next season. I just don't see him as the type who was willing to ride out this season in mediocrity if he believed it was going to retard the progress of the team.

I see that as a no-nonsense approach more than I see it as arrogance. I suppose if he had told Gaily to get his worthless ass the **** out and then turned to the media and stated how terrible Chan was you'd have a good argument. But he didn't seem to enjoy letting Chan go and he went out of his way to make sure that he showed proper respect toward Gaily.

I think the whole thing is being played up for the sake of advancing personal opinions and agendas.

Just Passin' By
09-12-2009, 11:45 PM
No, the team did not.

It only had Cassel.

That would be having a quarterback, whether you like it or not. ;)

DaneMcCloud
09-12-2009, 11:46 PM
You have to have faith.

That must be my problem

Sweet Daddy Hate
Says the guy who drew a swastika and devil horns on another player who has never done anything but be a good guy.

Did you ever laugh as a child?

doomy3
Did you ever laugh as a child?

Yeah, when things are funny, I laugh.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 11:48 PM
My guess is that there was a sense of urgency in his mind pertaining to this season. Apparently he didn't go into training camp thinking he was going to be coaching the offense. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he hires an offensive coordinator before next season. I just don't see him as the type who was willing to ride out this season in mediocrity if he believed it was going to retard the progress of the team.

I see that as a no-nonsense approach more than I see it as arrogance. I suppose if he had told Gaily to get his worthless ass the **** out and then turned to the media and stated how terrible Chan was you'd have a good argument. But he didn't seem to enjoy letting Chan go and he went out of his way to make sure that he showed proper respect for Gaily.

I think the whole thing is being played up for the sake of advancing personal opinions and agendas.

Positive guesses and euphemisms are good.

And, yeah, I was surprised by all the pleasant comments he made about Gailey during the presser. One hardly ever sees that happen...

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 11:49 PM
That would be having a quarterback, whether you like it or not. ;)

Why did that team waste a second rounder on this scrub then?

We already had two players listed at the position...

penchief
Positive guesses and euphemisms are good.

And, yeah, I was surprised by all the pleasant comments he made about Gailey during the presser. One hardly ever sees that happen...

But that is what I'm basing my opinion on. Haley's own words and behavior. What are you basing yours on? Conjecture?

Besides, attacking one's character based on conjecture or opinion is the reach. On the other hand, extending the benefit of the doubt based on the evidence seems like the more reasonable thing to do.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Yeah, when things are funny, I laugh.

I daresay I'm somewhat intrigued yet almost frightened at what you consider humorous.

Easy 6
09-12-2009, 11:50 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KMEViYvojtY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KMEViYvojtY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

doomy3
09-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I daresay I'm somewhat intrigued yet almost frightened at what you consider humorous.

There are many posters who are funny on this board.

DeezNutz, demonpenz, Hamas, and many others.

You definitely aren't in the same stratosphere.

DeezNutz
09-12-2009, 11:51 PM
But that is what I'm basing my opinion on. What are you basing yours on? Conjecture?

Conjecture? What?

That was the content of your entire previous post. Guesses and hope.

Obama supporter, no? :D

J Diddy
09-12-2009, 11:58 PM

Or perhaps inexperienced enough to identify the problem earlier.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2009, 11:58 PM
There are many posters who are funny on this board.

DeezNutz, demonpenz, Hamas, and many others.

You definitely aren't in the same stratosphere.

To you. And what a bummer that is. I wake up every day saying to myself, "how can I make Doomy3 love me"? "Oh how deep it troubles my soul"!

"If Doomy3 thinks I suck, how will I EVER live with my friends and friendship requests coupled with my 125K rep points accumulated in two months and massively swinging rep-stick"?!?!?

"Oh how"?!?!? "Oh How"?!?!?

DBOSHO
09-13-2009, 12:00 AM
To you. And what a bummer that is. I wake up every day saying to myself, "how can I make Doomy3 love me"? "Oh how deep it troubles my soul"!

"If Doomy3 thinks I suck, how will I EVER live with my friends and friendship requests coupled with my 125K rep points accumulated in two months and massively swinging rep-stick"?!?!?

"Oh how"?!?!? "Oh How"?!?!?

ROFL

The Bad Guy
09-13-2009, 12:02 AM
So the new guys come in with an attitude after this team has been fucking babied for the last 9 seasons and this is a problem?

It's complete bullshit that some of you want to rip Haley and Pioli for their culture change at Arrowhead. It was needed. Sorry that your vaginas got sand in them over someone coming in with an attitude.

As for the premise that Cassel should just sit out instead of playing against this defense if he actually could play is bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. Maybe it's just not in my nature to waive the white flag, but that mindset is Herm + Vermeil pussy bullshit. If Cassel is cleared by doctors, he should play.

penchief
09-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Conjecture? What?

That was the content of your entire previous post. Guesses and hope.

Obama supporter, no? :D

No, my point from the beginning has been that the evidence to support claims of arrogance have been greatly exaggerated. That those claims are being played up by those who are endorsing an opinion or advancing an agenda.

As I said in the previous post, it is a reach to attack one's character or motives based on conjecture or opinion. But it seems more reasonable to extend someone the benefit of the doubt based on what we see with our own eyes and hear with our own ears. Thus far, Haley has not spoken or acted in a ways that merit Whitlocks incessant claims of arrogance.

He saw the need to replace Gaily but treated Gaily with dignity and respect. He took over the offense himself but acknowledged the challenges that it would present to him as a rookie head coach. That doesn't sound like someone who is overly arrogant to me. He thought it was the best thing for the progress of this team. And that is all we can ask of a coach whose only stated goal is to make this team better.

Geez, at least give the guy a chance to succeed or fail before attacking his motives or his character.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2009, 12:08 AM
So the new guys come in with an attitude after this team has been fucking babied for the last 9 seasons and this is a problem?

It's complete bullshit that some of you want to rip Haley and Pioli for their culture change at Arrowhead. It was needed. Sorry that your vaginas got sand in them over someone coming in with an attitude.

As for the premise that Cassel should just sit out instead of playing against this defense if he actually could play is bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. Maybe it's just not in my nature to waive the white flag, but that mindset is Herm + Vermeil pussy bullshit. If Cassel is cleared by doctors, he should play.

Hey, I am COMPLETELY fucking down with that! If he's got his shit on straight, then it's time to go.
But if there's a serious question to his long-term performance that could be jeopardized by participation in this game, I don't think it's too much to ask and remember that there are 15 games after this one.

BigRock
09-13-2009, 12:10 AM

I think enough information has either been inferred or stated outright that option B can be taken off the table. Several people have said that someone above Haley on the totem poll -- Pioli, Clark, Pioli on behalf of Clark -- asked him to try making it work with Gailey.

Everyone I heard talk about it (Teicher, John Clayton, the new news guy on NFLN, etc.) seemed to have their own different take. One story was that Pioli wanted a experienced veteran head coaching presense to help Haley along, another was Clark liked Herm and Gailey personally and not dumping Chan right away was kind of a consession when Herm was fired, and another was Clark didn't want to pay Gailey if he's not working here anymore (which doesn't really make sense since he's already paying like 8 other coaches who don't work here).

But among the stories was a general agreement that Haley wanted to make this move all along. Once they started playing actual games, particularly the 3rd preseason game, he had the ammo he needed to say it wasn't working and make the change.

BigRock
09-13-2009, 12:14 AM
But if there's a serious question to his long-term performance that could be jeopardized by participation in this game, I don't think it's too much to ask and remember that there are 15 games after this one.

I imagine everyone is in agreement on this. The only person who seems to think Haley is stupid enough to go "Cassel's not nearly 100% and something could go seriously wrong if he plays... BUT FUCK IT! I AIN'T BACKIN' DOWN!" is Whitlock.

And I doubt he actually thinks that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2009, 12:23 AM
I imagine everyone is in agreement on this. The only person who seems to think Haley is stupid enough to go "Cassel's not nearly 100% and something could go seriously wrong if he plays... BUT **** IT! I AIN'T BACKIN' DOWN!" is Whitlock.

And I doubt he actually thinks that.

Whitlock is a somewhat intriguing character in that he believes he's earned a seat at the great table of KC Sports, yet he's done nothing but embarrass himself both within and without the market in the whole of his work.

The people outside of KC who pimp him are never really pimping him; they're defending him. Constantly. Clearly something isn't jiving, and I truly doubt it ever will.

TEX
09-13-2009, 12:29 AM
The only thing Whitlock should do in the sand is lay eggs...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2009, 12:45 AM
The only thing Whitlock should do in the sand is lay eggs...

That implies breeding. And breeding implies "Whitlock Turtles" roaming the sands. And not just the immediate sands my friend, but the Sands of Time.

Do you truly want this?

soundmind
09-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Whitlock deserves this stare most days.

http://tarmojuristo.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/walter.jpg

"ACROSS THIS LINE YOU DO NOT...also Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian Americans, please."

DaWolf
09-13-2009, 12:51 AM
This is the dumbest article Whitlock has ever written, and that's saying a lot. So a head coach should begin his tenure by essentially admitting defeat and protecting a guy because he's afraid he'll get hurt? Essentially, Whitlock wants Haley to begin his tenure by acting like a pu$$y, therefore letting his team know that it's OK for them to be pu$$ies too, like this team has been for the last 11 years?

Hey Whitlock, the guy you keep referring to, Brian Waters, has been the leader of a bunch of weak a$$ teams that haven't won crap since he's been here. So quit whining and write something of substance...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Whitlock deserves this stare most days.

http://tarmojuristo.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/walter.jpg

"ACROSS THIS LINE YOU DO NOT...also Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian Americans, please."

That's a legitimately pissed Buscemi.

2bikemike
09-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Haley and Pioli have pissed in Whitlocks Wheaties. I hope he's enjoying them, the dumb fat fug.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2009, 01:06 AM
The check was written months ago, when Haley told Kansas City’s best player that 22 guys off the street could win two games.

Who's the Pitcher and who's the Catcher in this Waters/Fatty relationship?

"My buddy done got butt-hurt".

God, just fucking quit. Please. "Egoli" isn't the story here, THIS bullshit is.

Come on man. From one BBQ Afficianado to another; eat a fucking rib, dripping in sweet Gates sauce, and let it go. Let it go like a bad and wrong lover. Please.

Your bullshit is killing us all, and not softly with a song mind you.

Shhh...just let it go.

BigRock
09-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Haley told Kansas City’s best player that 22 guys off the street could win two games.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9934/claydavisv.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-13-2009, 01:15 AM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9934/claydavisv.jpg

LMAO I was unaware that we HAD a "best player" at this point.

keg in kc
09-13-2009, 01:23 AM
I don't mind a critical article, everybody's entitled to an opinion and I like to keep an open mind, but Whitlock hasn't done anything this offseason but axe-grind. It's becoming pathetic. He reads like a 5-year old that's throwing a tantrum because nobody's paying attention to him. "Look at me! Look at me!"

Saccopoo
09-13-2009, 01:53 AM
The check was written months ago, when Haley told Kansas City’s best player that 22 guys off the street could win two games.

Kansas City's best player was an aging guard that no longer had Willie and Casey to cover his ass? An undrafted free agent that was the luckiest fucker to play at left guard in the past decade, and maybe ever, in the NFL? A position that Mark Schlereth stated that you could get a guy from any truck stop to play? The "best" player? On a 2-14 team? A 2-14 team with an offensive line, the "best players" position, that got two starting qb's killed?

Fish for straws Whitlock. You have basically sided yourself with the "Chiefs must be worse than 2-14 for my inane blather to have any credence" crowd.

You are part of the old guard. Part of the KC media suck off of Carl. Times, they are a changing. The Chiefs are going to start winning again, and sooner than your pessimistic fat ass prognosticates. And when they do, you are going to be on the outside looking in. You have inked yourself into the Carl Era. Hitched yourself to the Peterson wagon that has already mired itself into the mud and the occupants have already eaten each other or have sold each other into slavery to the first people to come across the conceptual train wreck that you have attached yourself to.

Enjoy a season and subsequent lifetime of "HAHA! YOU STUPID FUCKER! THE CHIEFS ARE ACTUALLY GOOD!11!!!ELEVEN1!!!`11`!"

I'm sure that now that Viv is in the Hall of Fame, Kobe was acquitted, OJ is in jail where he belongs and Mike Tyson made good by doing bit parts in quarterly cheese dick Hollywood comedies, you'll find that life as an Indian Casino newsletter writer is the best thing ever.

MikeMaslowski
09-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Does he even like the Chiefs?

R&GHomer
09-13-2009, 03:42 AM
Guess this is why I absolutely refuse to buy the KC Star. As a matter of fact the only "only" time I will read it is if I'm in a restaurant alone and my only other choice is looking at the voiced out sports channel. What a turd.

milkman
09-13-2009, 05:25 AM
I a bitch, huh?

DBOSHO, you're a retard. You started a thread about ME. You've been here for less than 6 months and I've been here for nine years. What the **** do you think the result of such an asinine move would be?

Four years ago, you wouldn't have lasted a week. Frazod, Skip, Laz, Milkman and especially Iowanian would have pounded your ass within one inch of internet access. Unfortunately, most of these guys don't post often enough.

The bottom line is that you did the unthinkable: You slammed and started a thread about a founding member of Chiefsplanet. Yet when it was CLEAR that you were in the wrong, you did nothing.

No apologies. Not to me, not the forum, not to anyone.

You're ****ing assclown and you prove it each and every day. I hope your sister gives good head because I doubt you'll ever get a chick on your own.

Oh and BTW, I don't put people on ignore. They put ME on ignore. Got it?

I blame that Phobia guy, FTW!!!!

That's not true.

In years past the stupid n00bs weren't so stupid that they didn't realize that their brand of stupidity couldn't last, so they either learned or left.

The influx of incredible stupidity recently however, is just to far removed from even the slightest hint of intelligence that there is no hope of ever even remotely recognizing their own stupdity.

milkman
09-13-2009, 05:30 AM

Well hell.

I can help.

Here's the fastest way to learn a new language.

http://andrew.stottsan.net/photography/images/DSC_9355.jpg

milkman
09-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Wrong.

It's a culmination of abominations that have existed since the terrible decision to hire Paul Wiggin.

FYP

the Talking Can
09-13-2009, 05:40 AM
let's get all of KC together and do a pregame interview with Bob Costas and explain that we don't want our starting QB to play because we are pussy losers, but that if we'd have only drafted hamon meredith well we'd start Cassel for damn sure because then terrell suggs would be neutralized or if we were starting a rookie QB like Sanchez we'd play him too because rookie QBs are very good at identifying blitzes and escaping the rush and they never get hit frequently or excessively like we in our pussy fear believe Cassel will...and we should all wear tuxedo t-shirts and chew on black and milds while we say these dumb things, in unison like the Lord's Prayer at church, to Mr. Costas together as a city on national tv and oh yeah Haley is an asshole who needs to watch History of the World if he really wants to be all that, and stuff....oh wait, Mr. Costas (still in unison, the whole pussy city) that reference to History of the World was meant literally as in all the time that has passed since God created the earth not the excellent film by the Christ Killer Jew Mel Brooks, amen...

MikeMaslowski
09-13-2009, 05:44 AM
let's get all of KC together and do a pregame interview with Bob Costas and explain that we don't want our starting QB to play because we are pussy losers, but that if we'd have only drafted hamon meredith well we'd start Cassel for damn sure because then terrell suggs would be neutralized or if we were starting a rookie QB like Sanchez we'd play him too because rookie QBs are very good at identifying blitzes and escaping the rush and they never get hit frequently or excessively like we in our pussy fear believe Cassel will...and we should all wear tuxedo t-shirts and chew on black and milds while we say these dumb things, in unison like the Lord's Prayer at church, to Mr. Costas together as a city on national tv and oh yeah Haley is an asshole who needs to watch History of the World if he really wants to be all that, and stuff....oh wait, Mr. Costas (still in unison, the whole pussy city) that reference to History of the World was meant literally as in all the time that has passed since God created the earth not the excellent film by the Christ Killer Jew Mel Brooks, amen...

Shit, now I don't need to go to church this morning. Thanks!

milkman
09-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Dude, come on.

It's game ONE.

I don't believe he has to be 100%.

If he's 90%, 95%, and can make the throws, has mobility, and the injury is not subject to worsening, then he plays.

But my primary problem with this article is Whitlock assigning fear as a motivating factor in the decision to play Cassel, should that decision be made.

That is complete, utter bullshit.

He has no freakin' idea what's going on in the back rooms of Arrowhead, and even less what is going on inside of Haley's head.

It's an unprofessional, baseless accusation, and he should be kicked in the nads for writing that stupid shit.

MikeMaslowski
09-13-2009, 05:49 AM
Should posting his articles be a bannable offense? Just seems to get everyones blood boiling around here.

milkman
09-13-2009, 05:53 AM
Dude,

Have you ever had an MCL sprain or tear? I have. It's brutal, beyond words.

Personally, I'd like to see Cassel in all 16 games. But with a sprained MCL, I'd be happy to see him in 13 games.

If he can't move to the best of his ability (which is limited, in comparison to mobile QB's), he should sit. Otherwise, we're going to lose this guy for the season because he plays behind the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Three years going.

Bar none.

A sprained MCL is far different than a a torn MCL.

That is more about pain management than protecting against further damage.

the Talking Can
09-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Should posting his articles be a bannable offense? Just seems to get everyones blood boiling around here.

no, of course not, making fun of whitlock is part of the reason for this place -except when we agree with him of course - but we should have a pie throwing function on the planet

MikeMaslowski
09-13-2009, 06:01 AM
I'm sure it would have been mentioned on here... But has anyone actually met the guy and let him know what a (insert random insult) he is?

ChiefJustice
09-13-2009, 06:21 AM
That's not true.

In years past the stupid n00bs weren't so stupid that they didn't realize that their brand of stupidity couldn't last, so they either learned or left.

The influx of incredible stupidity recently however, is just to far removed from even the slightest hint of intelligence that there is no hope of ever even remotely recognizing their own stupdity.

Amen to that!

Wait a sec,....I can't decide if this is a positive or negative comment.:D

ncCHIEFfan
09-13-2009, 07:09 AM
even by fatlock's standards, that is childish....borderline unprofessional, i mean if there were any standard for quasi-literate columnists....

No buddy, that was unprofessional.

KCinNY
09-13-2009, 07:16 AM
His role as Brian Waters' shoulder to cry on has officially become pathetic and sad.

They must be the only two guys in KC that think an overrated left guard on a 2-14 team deserves some kind of special status with management.

nychief
09-13-2009, 07:18 AM
whitlock is a sad parody of a journalist now. between the name calling and lack of originality... it is just sorta sad.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm not sure I've liked a single Chiefs-related article of Whitlock's since Pioli came to town. Oddly, I've liked 90% of what Gretz has written since then. Strange world.

I may have to stop reading Whitlock. You'd think a "professional" journalist could stop using immature made-up names about GMs. I think he blatantly tried to use the word "Ego-li" as much as possible. It's childish and I'm tired of it. It's one thing to use that stuff as fans on message boards, but seriously, as a newspaper columnist? Grow up Whitlock ...

milkman
09-13-2009, 07:30 AM
I may have to stop reading Whitlock. You'd think a "professional" journalist could stop using immature made-up names about GMs. I think he blatantly tried to use the word "Ego-li" as much as possible. It's childish and I'm tired of it. It's one thing to use that stuff as fans on message boards, but seriously, as a newspaper columnist? Grow up Whitlock ...

And it really isn't clever.

FringeNC
09-13-2009, 07:33 AM
...and Whitlock wonders why the traditional media is going bankrupt?

wazu
09-13-2009, 07:35 AM

Yeah. I'm a big fan of Whitlock, but his whole approach to the Pioli era feels forced. He's pulling out the "King Carl" playbook and calling every play, but none of them are hitting home. Kind of damaging to his credibility since it makes it appear that his writing is more a schtick than a sincere expression of his views.

KCinNY
09-13-2009, 07:35 AM
And it really isn't clever.

True...not clever.

Honestly, I assumed he ripped it off from here like he did with "TrINT Green."

milkman
09-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah. I'm a big fan of Whitlock, but his whole approach to the Pioli era feels forced. He's pulling out the "King Carl" playbook and calling every play, but none of them are hitting home. Kind of damaging to his credibility since it makes it appear that his writing is more a schtick than a sincere expression of his views.

Whitlock's writing, for as long as I've been exposed to it, has always been schtick.

He's a hack.

Always has been, and the fact that he's had a job for at least 12 years (the length of my exposure) is beyond comprehension.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 07:40 AM

Pretty sad considering that the Chiefs haven't even played ONE single regular season game under Pioli yet.

okcchief
09-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Until he is 100%.

I get what you are saying but in the NFL no one is ever 100%.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Pretty sad considering that the Chiefs haven't even played ONE single regular season game under Pioli yet.

It's not sad to question the front office or management. That's what got Carl into year 15 in the first place.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Whitlock likes to stir the pot, and have people talk about it, so in that regard, he does a fine job, sadly. Remember those Serena Williams comments? Yeah, that was on national radio for a few days. That's what drives Whitlock ... I suppose the Chiefs are an easy punching bag for his sort of muckraking journalism.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 07:45 AM
It's not sad to question the front office or management. That's what got Carl into year 15 in the first place.

Pioli and Haley both said this thing wasn't going to be overturned in one night. I understand impatience, but damn ...

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Whitlock likes to stir the pot, and have people talk about it, so in that regard, he does a fine job, sadly. Remember those Serena Williams comments? Yeah, that was on national radio for a few days. That's what drives Whitlock ... I suppose the Chiefs are an easy punching bag for his sort of muckraking journalism.

I don't agree with most of Whitlock, but the problem in KC is that all the journalists are more interested in kissing ass and writing sob stories about Boomer Grisby rescuing a baby seal when he was 5 years old than to write critical stories about the Chiefs.

Actually, I think Gretz seems to be doing a pretty job of finally giving KC some honest criticism.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Everyone is using the Miami Dolphins as the watermark ... so everyone expects their bad team to automatically be able to make a playoff push the next season.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 07:47 AM
I don't agree with most of Whitlock, but the problem in KC is that all the journalists are more interested in kissing ass and writing sob stories about Boomer Grisby rescuing a baby seal when he was 5 years old than to write critical stories about the Chiefs.

Actually, I think Gretz seems to be doing a pretty job of finally giving KC some honest criticism.

I've always respected Gretz, he does his research too.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Pioli and Haley both said this thing wasn't going to be overturned in one night. I understand impatience, but damn ...

Whitlock's taken it to a different level and I definitely don't agree with him. But in terms of criticizing Pioli and Haley, even though they haven't played a game yet, I don't think it's unfair to criticize a lot of the moves they made/didn't make. I think they made quite a few mistakes so far.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Everyone is using the Miami Dolphins as the watermark ... so everyone expects their bad team to automatically be able to make a playoff push the next season.

I've heard some people use that, and that's totally ridiculous. Most people I've seen here are moreso critical of Pioli for neglecting the offensive line.

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Whitlock's taken it to a different level and I definitely don't agree with him. But in terms of criticizing Pioli and Haley, even though they haven't played a game yet, I don't think it's unfair to criticize a lot of the moves they made/didn't make. I think they made quite a few mistakes so far.

They have, there's an article about Pioli in the KC Star today, and he says this: "Here's the thing: Saying you need to improve a certain group is one thing. Having the opportunity is completely different." It goes on to say that the talent pool they had available for whatever reason, didn't match what they were looking for. Pioli knows they need to improve in all areas, and they are working on that, that's all I'm saying ... But yes I agree that everyone deserves criticism.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2009, 07:58 AM
They have, there's an article about Pioli in the KC Star today, and he says this: "Here's the thing: Saying you need to improve a certain group is one thing. Having the opportunity is completely different." It goes on to say that the talent pool they had available for whatever reason, didn't match what they were looking for. Pioli knows they need to improve in all areas, and they are working on that, that's all I'm saying ... But yes I agree that everyone deserves criticism.

But yet he sucked off Herm for 3 years and supported him last year when it was evident that Herm was in over his head and the wheels where falling off the wagon.

Whitlock is just like those WIPE homers... All talk and longing for the glory days of 9-7...

DeezNutz
09-13-2009, 08:01 AM
But yet he sucked off Herm for 3 years and supported him last year when it was evident that Herm was in over his head and the wheels where falling off the wagon.

Whitlock is just like those WIPE homers... All talk and longing for the glory days of 9-7...

As long as Carl was around, most assigned him with vast majority of blame, so this is why Herm was destroyed by the media and fan base long ago.

If he were a first-year coach this season, the criticism, once the games started since that bullshitter talks a good game, would be unfathomable.

milkman
09-13-2009, 08:02 AM

I have no problem with critsizing Pioli and Haley.

However, his critisism has no foundation when he assigns fear as a motivating factor in starting Cassel, should he start.

As I said, it is complete, utter bullshit.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2009, 08:34 AM
I've always respected Gretz, he does his research too.

Yup. Gretz has never made the mistake of saying Cassel found his success "lobbing rainbows" to Moss and Welker.

Whitlock is really ignorant sometimes. I guess he can afford to be. No one calls him on SHIT. He has to call Drew Bledsoe gay in public to get smacked down.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2009, 08:36 AM
I have no problem with critsizing Pioli and Haley.

However, his critisism has no foundation when he assigns fear as a motivating factor in starting Cassel, should he start.

As I said, it is complete, utter bullshit.

They havent been here long enough to build a foundation! Shit the broken down shit we had here Whitlock approved of... So what does that tell you?

KCUnited
09-13-2009, 08:47 AM
If I'm Waters I'm telling this assclown to STFU already.