PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lack of Talent Perspective

tmax63
09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Was watching the game on tv and at the end of the game the announcers made a telling statement about the Chiefs talent pool. They said that counting IR there had been 30 Chiefs players from the roster at the end of that were no longer with the Chiefs. Of those 30, only 2 had been picked up by another NFL team, one of which was TG. That kinda sums up where the Chiefs were. They stayed in a game today that really shouldn't of been close and I hope that it's an indication of how much improvement has occured in just 1 offseason.

TinyEvel
09-13-2009, 03:33 PM
WOW. Epic Carl/Herm fail stat. True dat.

HC_Chief
09-13-2009, 03:33 PM
WOW. Epic Carl/Herm fail stat. True dat.

Throw Vermeil in there as well.

Red Beans
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Who is the other player?

Swanman
09-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I wish the Chiefs could hire both Carl and Herm again, just so they can fire them again. It is just ridiculous how badly they both drafted and picked out free agent "talent". For that reason I can't get too mad at this year's team or the coaching staff. Today, Haley took some month-old chicken shit and made a fairly tasty chicken salad out of it.

tmax63
09-13-2009, 03:36 PM
The announcers didn't say. I don't have the time to look up to verify their statement but they do have people paid to look up that kinda stuff so I imagine it's pretty close if not totally accurate.

Ari Chi3fs
09-13-2009, 03:37 PM
but but but... Herm said we were only a couple players away!!

bevischief
09-13-2009, 03:37 PM

This.

tboss27
09-13-2009, 03:42 PM
I heard that stat too - easily the most telling stat I've heard about how bad the recent decision makers have been bringing in talent.

Coogs
09-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Who is the other player?

Babin... of all people.

Swanman
09-13-2009, 03:45 PM

It was the perfect storm of coaching incompetence. You had crybaby, who knew offense but didn't know shit about defense. Then as he was finally forced out, our offense was aging and we bring in a guy that's supposed to know defense but doesn't know anything about offense. Turns out he didn't know anything about defense either, so we are where we are now. Add to that a GM the entire time that wouldn't know talent if it smacked him across his retarded smug face.

bevischief
09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
It was the perfect storm of coaching incompetence. You had crybaby, who knew offense but didn't know shit about defense. Then as he was finally forced out, our offense was aging and we bring in a guy that's supposed to know defense but doesn't know anything about offense. Turns out he didn't know anything about defense either, so we are where we are now. Add to that a GM the entire time that wouldn't know talent if it smacked him across his retarded smug face.
:clap::clap: