PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Wireless adapter for xbox 360 help.....please

ChiefsFanatic
09-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I purchased a wireless adapter for my xbox 360. I have a standard 2WIRE modem/router from AT&T. I have two laptops and a netbook that have np trouble connection at the same time.

I have followed all the instructions, troubleshooting that I can find, but it will not connect to my network. I have shut down the other laptops connected the the network, but I still cannot get it to connect.

So, if anyone has any experience dealing with these adapters, please clue me in, and help me get it set up for my kids.

Thank you,

ChiefsFanatic

HC_Chief
09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Your best bet is to go here: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/default.aspx?ck=1

There are online troubleshooting steps. If those don't work, call support... they will get it working.

ChiefsFanatic
09-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I hate microsoft...................................................:cuss:

Mr. Laz
09-14-2009, 05:56 PM
The first thing you should do is check the type of encryption because the XBox still only handles WEP.

still no wep2 last time i heard

ChiefsFanatic
09-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Your best bet is to go here: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/default.aspx?ck=1

There are online troubleshooting steps. If those don't work, call support... they will get it working.

The pieces at microsoft says it is my wep key, so I had to call at&t. I knpw that my key works, I have 3 laptops connected to my network with the key.

I call at&t anyway. They say it is microsoft.

Of course, each side spews shit off of the pages they are reading
On my own, I got my network to see the xbox, and according to my router web page, it assigned an ip address, but the xbox still says no.

I wanna punch someone.

QuikSsurfer
09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
The pieces at microsoft says it is my wep key, so I had to call at&t. I knpw that my key works, I have 3 laptops connected to my network with the key.

On my own, I got my network to see the xbox, and according to my router web page, it assigned an ip address, but the xbox still says no.

I wanna punch someone.
You can change your wireless network's security settings from the router.
What kind of router do you have?

munkey
09-14-2009, 11:35 PM

I wanna punch someone.

How far are you from your modem/router? I suggest you simply plug it directly from the router/modem to the xbox. The wireless adapter sucks balls anyway....trust me...I knows ;-)

Param
09-14-2009, 11:45 PM
You can change your wireless network's security settings from the router.
What kind of router do you have?

Yep, this is all you do.

Valiant
09-15-2009, 01:52 AM
It is probably a router setting and not something with MS or AT&T..

Valiant
09-15-2009, 01:53 AM
How far are you from your modem/router? I suggest you simply plug it directly from the router/modem to the xbox. The wireless adapter sucks balls anyway....trust me...I knows ;-)

Hell I still use my original B adapter from xbox from linksys and it works amazing..

Mr. Laz
09-15-2009, 03:29 PM

I wanna punch someone.
change your router to WEP 1 only and see what happens.

ChiefsFanatic
09-15-2009, 08:10 PM
change your router to WEP 1 only and see what happens.

I finally got it. On my own................eff off at&t and microsoft.

The adapter kept choosing the wrong channel, then my router would not accept the mac address, finally got the channel right, got the mac address to be accepted.

Then my dumbass still could not get it to work. I thought it over while sleeping, and realized that I did not need my ISP user name and password because the router was already connected to the internet.

Still a frustrating situation where at&t and microsoft didn't want to play nice together.

Thanks to all who tried to help.