PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How much patience do you think Haley will have with LJ?

Deberg_1990
09-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Im going to guess if LJ doesnt start performing by next weekend, he will get benched in favor of Charles or Battle.

I realize that the line is bad, but we have got to do better than 11 for 20 yards from our starting RB.

Haley doesnt strike me as the patient type......

Bane
09-14-2009, 09:02 PM
N.F.L Not for long....:D

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-14-2009, 09:09 PM
If LJ has guaranteed money now, isn't he headed for the bench anyway?

Just sayin'

Dinny

milkman
09-14-2009, 09:12 PM

Just sayin'

Dinny

I don't think, in this situation, LJ's gauranteed money is going to influence the decision whether to play him.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
LJ=56k modem

Dinny Bossa Nova
09-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't think, in this situation, LJ's gauranteed money is going to influence the decision whether to play him.

I'm talking about him laying down, not a coaches decision.

Dinny

Reerun_KC
09-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Lets hope soon. I cant see LJ staying around here much longer anyways... Just doesnt fit the mold of what this team is wanting to be...

dshyne101
come on man that line was absolutely bad there is no way LJ could do anything with that line blockin like that..

Reerun_KC
Will LJ cry or slap Haley, when Haley totally pwns his ass?

Reerun_KC
09-14-2009, 09:20 PM
come on man that line was absolutely bad there is no way LJ could do anything with that line blockin like that..

True, if LJ doesnt have a hole the size of GoChiefs moms vagina, then he goes all Donnell Bennett on our assess!

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 09:22 PM
This thread is retarded.

Charles didn't do shit last week.

Why? The line can't open a fucking hole.

When another back starts outproducing LJ, he'll be in there. And I will support him. Until then, it's LJ's job.

OnTheWarpath15
09-14-2009, 09:24 PM
LJ=56k modem

More like a goddamn telegraph.

Tentatively run towards left guard. STOP.

Miss gaping hole via cutback. STOP.

Get tackled for no gain. STOP.

milkman
09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
This thread is retarded.

Why? The line can't open a ****ing hole.

When another back starts outproducing LJ, he'll be in there. And I will support him. Until then, it's LJ's job.

LJ has no vison, period.

Charles had a couple of nice runs in the preseason, and in the first game, where there was just a small seam.

Give him the opportunities, and he willout produce LJ.

Not to mention that Battle ran with far more power in the preseason than LJ.

DeezNutz
09-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Talking about LJ as if he's a legitimate back is like talking about Croyle as a legit. NFL starter (player, IMO).

Both are fucking dumb as shit.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 09:30 PM

If he does, I'll hop right on his bandwagon.

LMAO

Yeah, his longest run was 9 yards.

I don't think he's in any danger of starting a game.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
This thread is retarded.

Why? The line can't open a ****ing hole.

Its not a retarted thread. IM a huge LJ fan, but if the man isnt producing, he shouldnt be starting anymore.

Hootie
09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
LJ has no vison, period.

Charles had a couple of nice runs in the preseason, and in the first game, where there was just a small seam.

So you're saying you think Haley has some sort of loyalty towards Larry Johnson?

CLEARLY the coaching staff believes he's the best back on the team...otherwise they could have cut him and owed him NOTHING...they won a grievance against him...

So yeah...LJ is the starter unless he gets hurt...he actually looked good in pass protection this week.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Im going to guess if LJ doesnt start performing by next weekend, he will get benched in favor of Charles or Battle.

I don't think so.

LJ's the most talented back on the roster, by far. The offensive line can't open a hole to save their lives.

Haley has to be patient with LJ because he really doesn't have any other options at this point.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Its not a retarted thread. IM a huge LJ fan, but if the man isnt producing, he shouldnt be starting anymore.

No one is producing.

Larry produced last year when he had room to run.

End of story.

But you fuckers LOVE to hate on LJ...so keep on doing it.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2009, 09:34 PM
But you ****ers LOVE to hate on LJ...so keep on doing it.

IM not hating on the guy, believe me.

I just want the guy who produces the most in there.

OnTheWarpath15
Haley has to be patient with LJ because he really doesn't have any other options at this point.

This.

DaneMcCloud

Behind this line?

LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 09:35 PM

So do I.

I don't see the point of judging ANY running back right now. There is nowhere to run.

milkman
09-14-2009, 09:37 PM
If he does, I'll hop right on his bandwagon.

LMAO

Yeah, his longest run was 9 yards.

I don't think he's in any danger of starting a game.

I didn't say that Battle did anything spectacular.

Hell I didn't even know that he gained as many as 9 yards in any single carry.

I said he ran with more power, and he did.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I didn't say that Battle did anything spectacular.

Hell I didn't even know that he gained as many as 9 yards in any single carry.

I said he ran with more power, and he did.

All that and a bag of chips will buy you a spot on kickoff coverage.

milkman
09-14-2009, 09:41 PM
So you're saying you think Haley has some sort of loyalty towards Larry Johnson?

CLEARLY the coaching staff believes he's the best back on the team...otherwise they could have cut him and owed him NOTHING...they won a grievance against him...

So yeah...LJ is the starter unless he gets hurt...he actually looked good in pass protection this week.

No, I don't think haley has nay loyalty to LJ.

I think that Charles has to prove that he can hold onto the ball, and that he has the stamina to be an every down back, neither of which I'm sure he can prove.

But the fact is, that LJ sucks ass.

But because other considerations we're stuck with him.

Boon
09-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Time to take off the diapers.

milkman
09-14-2009, 09:43 PM
All that and a bag of chips will buy you a spot on kickoff coverage.

My point is, is that you are sucking on limp Johnson.

Hootie
09-14-2009, 09:43 PM
No, I don't think haley has nay loyalty to LJ.

I think that Charles has to prove that he can hold onto the ball, and that he has the stamina to be an every down back, neither of which I'm sure he can prove.

But the fact is, that LJ sucks ass.

But because other considerations we're stuck with him.
If Battle was remotely close to LJ...they would have cut LJ, kept Battle/Savage/Charles...and saved $4M (or whatever LJ makes this year)...

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 09:45 PM
My point is, is that you are sucking on limp Johnson.

I already said if Charles proves he's the better back, I'll be right there advocating him.

By the way, I noticed none of you jackals wanted to say anything positive about LJ's blocking yesterday.

pr_capone
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM

It does not help his cause when, for example in the middle of the 3rd quarter, he gets a 4 yard gain off a run outside the right tackle.

Instead of putting his shoulder down and fighting for a few extra yards, shit... even perhaps breaking a tackle, he merely runs out of bounds while taking a shove in the ribs.

Line of no line, the guy runs with no heart. I miss the days when he would put his shoulder down and smack a defender while gaining an extra yard or two.

That said, he is still our best option at RB but he is a flickering shadow of his former self.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2009, 09:58 PM
It does not help his cause when, for example in the middle of the 3rd quarter, he gets a 4 yard gain off a run outside the right tackle.

Instead of putting his shoulder down and fighting for a few extra yards, shit... even perhaps breaking a tackle, he merely runs out of bounds while taking a shove in the ribs.

Line of no line, the guy runs with no heart. I miss the days when he would put his shoulder down and smack a defender while gaining an extra yard or two.

That said, he is still our best option at RB but he is a flickering shadow of his former self.

Dude, he's DONE.

There's NO gas left in the tank.

In 2006, he set the single season record for most touches.

In 2007, he was injured for 8 games (and the Chiefs lost every game).

In 2008, he was suspended and didn't get to 1,000 yards.

He'll be 30 soon.

He is DONE.

chiefzilla1501
09-14-2009, 10:01 PM

I agree with you. LJ doesn't need monster holes, but he's not the type of back that can do anything when he's constantly hit in the backfield. Lots of good backs, like Shaun Alexander, who were the same way.

Reerun_KC
09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
I agree with you. LJ doesn't need monster holes, but he's not the type of back that can do anything when he's constantly hit in the backfield. Lots of good backs, like Shaun Alexander, who were the same way.

He isnt going to make a small hole any bigger... Dude has his money.. Its over...

milkman
09-14-2009, 10:08 PM

LJ isn't constantly getting hit in the backfiled.

He does, however, constantly run right up O-Linemen's asses.

Hootie
09-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Dude, he's DONE.

There's NO gas left in the tank.

In 2006, he set the single season record for most touches.

In 2007, he was injured for 8 games (and the Chiefs lost every game).

In 2008, he was suspended and didn't get to 1,000 yards.

He'll be 30 soon.

He is DONE.

I don't know if you're joking or not...

but if he were on a team with a decent line, I truly think he could be a 4.4 (YPC) 1100 yard guy...

but that's just my opinion

pr_capone
09-14-2009, 10:14 PM
LJ isn't constantly getting hit in the backfiled.

He does, however, constantly run right up O-Linemen's asses.

I've said it 23 times and I'll say it again.

His legs stop moving the second contact is made. That is the single biggest sin any RB can commit aside from fumbling.

No vision and no heart.

I hope they put him on the trade block before week 6 and pray they get a 3rd.

Should have shipped him off to GB when we had the chance.

:cuss: Dammit Carl!

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 10:15 PM

but if he were on a team with a decent line, I truly think he could be a 4.4 (YPC) 1100 yard guy...

Of course he can.

He proved that last year.

Our line is absolute dogshit.

LJ is far from the worst player on offense. Yet that's what people here make him out to be.

HotRoute
09-14-2009, 10:17 PM

Just sayin'

Dinny

Ya just ask matt lienhart about his garaunteed money . Haley has been pretty up front about playin the players that will give the chiefs the best chance to win. One reason why I'm startin to buy into his method of thinking.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2009, 10:20 PM

I'm not joking. I liked LJ as the Chiefs running back. I didn't care about all the off-field stuff and the KC hate. That doesn't affect me at all.

But what I see is a guy with too much tread on the tires. He looks tentative. He slips all too often. He doesn't run with power and is often taken down with as little as a hand.

He's just not the same guy he was in 2006 or even 2008.

With that being said, he's still the Chiefs best RB.

Age is as bitch.

Hootie
09-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Meh...I never saw him as a power back...he was always better when he got to the 2nd level...where he was truly scary...problem is...he has no way of getting to the 2nd level with this god damn OL.

DaneMcCloud
09-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Meh...I never saw him as a power back...he was always better when he got to the 2nd level...where he was truly scary...problem is...he has no way of getting to the 2nd level with this god damn OL.

At this point in his career, LJ need to be on a team running a zone-blocking scheme.

His vision has never particularly been good. It absolutely pales in comparision to a guy like Priest Holmes or Marcus Allen. But in a zone scheme, there would be obvious holes for him to hit.

Right now, there's nothing.

And without that, even a for split second, his game suffers.

beach tribe
09-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Lj Looks like he just wants to collect the rest of his money and retire. He doesn't give a fuck.

If he gets hurt, he won't be able to collect the same amount of dough.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Lj Looks like he just wants to collect the rest of his money and retire. He doesn't give a fuck.

Look at his blocking.

salame
09-15-2009, 12:53 AM
he has always been an awful blocker remember when he got trent green killed

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 12:55 AM
he has always been an awful blocker remember when he got trent green killed

His blocking was good in the preseason, and good against the Ravens.

Blick
09-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Haley talked about LJ being a back that needs a lot of carries to get going and then he only gave him 11. LJ needs more carries to get going...simple as that. Haley knows that and he'll have patience. The offensive line is going to need time to gel and get used to playing next to one another. The offense also has to get used to Haley's system, play calling, and rhythm, so it's probably going to take LJ some time to produce.

It's hard to do anything with 11 carries though. Adrian Peterson had 25 yards in the first half against Cleveland and then went off in the 2nd half.

(Yeah yeah I know you can't compare Peterson to LJ, but the point is that you can't give up on a guy just because he isn't ripping off huge runs in the first quarter.)

Plus, we're not going to play B-more's D every week, so LJ should have better days.

pr_capone
09-15-2009, 01:31 AM
GC

Say we address the O-Line improving it from terrible to average/serviceable either this season by trade, however unlikely, or next season via draft and FA... do you believe that LJ will ever again run for 1k yards in a season while wearing a Chiefs jersey?

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 01:39 AM
GC

Say we address the O-Line improving it from terrible to average/serviceable either this season by trade, however unlikely, or next season via draft and FA... do you believe that LJ will ever again run for 1k yards in a season while wearing a Chiefs jersey?

Hell, he would have done it LAST year if he hadn't been suspended.

So, yes.

pr_capone
09-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Hell, he would have done it LAST year if he hadn't been suspended.

So, yes.

With the O-Line improved THIS year, and I say improved because our greatest weakness on the line is now shoving McDonalds apple pies in his food hole by the dozen and e have an actual threat at QB this year so that should improve his chances as well, will he run for 1k+ this season?

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 01:44 AM
With the O-Line improved THIS year, and I say improved because our greatest weakness on the line is now shoving McDonalds apple pies in his food hole by the dozen and e have an actual threat at QB this year so that should improve his chances as well, will he run for 1k+ this season?

I think he will, absolutely.

pr_capone
09-15-2009, 01:46 AM
I think he will, absolutely.

Do you have a prediction of what his stat line will look like?

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 01:47 AM

300 carries, 1200 yards, 10 TD. Give or take a few.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 02:07 AM
LJ has no vison, period.

This. If the line can't move you forward, you better move the line forward yourself, and with all you've got.

His blocking was good in the preseason, and good against the Ravens.

Do realize how "Pollard-esque" that sounds? Tell me about LJ's 98 tackles again.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Do realize how "Pollard-esque" that sounds? Tell me about LJ's 98 tackles again.

It doesn't sound Pollard-esque, at all.

LJ's blocking is an important part of his game. Thus far it appears he has improved it.

Being a sure tackler was an important part of Pollard's game. He didn't improve it, and now he's gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 02:14 AM
It doesn't sound Pollard-esque, at all.

LJ's blocking is an important part of his game. Thus far it appears he has improved it.

Being a sure tackler was an important part of Pollard's game. He didn't improve it, and now he's gone.

Meh. I think he just decided to do it rather than have coach shove a whistle up his ass.

I don't buy him as "bought in". If had truly done so, you'd see him giving defenders pure hell instead of just playing like it was a job.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Meh. I think he just decided to do it rather than have coach shove a whistle up his ass.

I think, previously, the coaching staff didn't put an emphasis on it. They didn't practice it AT ALL under Herm, so it didn't shock me he sucked at it. I saw him TRYING to block all the time, but failing.

They started practicing it in camp this year regularly.

Anyway, if he gets room to run, the produces. End of discussion. Haters to shut up until someone else is making more of their opportunities. And if Haley deems LJ fit to be the feature back, EVERYONE should STFU.

teedubya
09-15-2009, 02:20 AM
I take constipated shits that are faster than LJ.

Micjones
09-15-2009, 02:35 AM
LJ's this team's best option at HB. And we were playing the Ravens. Hello?
They're as stiff as ANY defensive unit in the league against the run.
I need to see more before I write LJ off.
It's not as though anyone else outproduced him on Sunday...

Charles can be valuable as a change-of-pace, but he's not a feature back.

GoHuge
09-15-2009, 03:21 AM
I don't see how you can make a definitive judgement about anybody playing behind the line tackle to tackle. It's shit. Nobody did anything worth talking about. Brody was the only one that did anything and the most complimentary word you could use to describe his play was efficient. Against the Ravens (who arguably have the best front seven in the NFL) you can't make a judgement about any of those skill players playing behind this abortion of an offensive line. Is LJ done and all washed up? We will see soon enough. Father Time is undefeated. The question that should have been asked is when does Haley lose patience with the offensive line and bench them? I wasn't sure who was more worthy of the term toast on Sunday......Leggitt or our franchise left tackle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
09-15-2009, 04:43 AM
LJ is the Kanye West of the Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
09-15-2009, 07:45 AM
He is long in the tooth and he was never that good on the opening carries, and never really can we get hm going because we don't have a line, and we aren't up in the score to feed the ball and get him going. I can't see him not getting the ball at all, because he is a workhorse, mine as well use him up.

Demonpenz
09-15-2009, 07:47 AM
on the touchdown pass to blow job ryan, johnson murdered the middle linebacker. that takes some heart.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2009, 07:48 AM
There wasn't any room for either of the backs to really do anything.

Molitoth
09-15-2009, 08:24 AM
I really don't think LJ is the problem... they just are not using him correctly and the plays concerning him are too predictable.

LJ is best when he is past the first level of defenders... so if they would start doing dump passes across the middle to him, or maybe run him on a play where the defense isn't stacking the box and expecting a run on lets say FIRST DOWN.... then I think LJ could be an elite runner again.

FringeNC
09-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Who knows with regards to rushing yards stats because knowing how the coaching allocates blame is difficult for the fans to know, but my guess is that he will have little patience for RBs missing blocking assignments.

boogblaster
09-15-2009, 09:09 AM
LJ wasn't the RB we should of started against that power defense .. Charles should of been the RB with off tackle running plays ... LJ should have a lot better game this week ....

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 09:14 AM
When Larry was considered "elite", the Chiefs had arguably one of the most talented Offinsive lines in the ENTIRE history of the NFL.
If your line can open a golf cart-sized hole 8 times out of 10, you could put Fred Taylor in the backfield, TODAY, and he would look like God in shoulder pads.

That elite line MADE Larry Johnson. And now that it's gone, the true look of LJ's mettle can be seen by all.

Now the other day, an opinion was given to me regarding LJ "being cranky" when he's not getting his desired results on the field, and said condition causing him to get discouraged and effect his performance. Fuck his "cranky"! That is utterly unprofessional. The Chiefs are not paying this asshole to be "cranky", they are paying him to be a warrior, and to make plays happen.
I know we have a bad line. But let me let you in on a little secret; the Chiefs O-line has been THEE scapegoat ever since I began following this team 11 years ago. And I'm willing to bet it will continue to be so long after LJ is gone.

Which God willing, will be sooner rather than later.

Hootie
09-15-2009, 09:23 AM
2005 LJ averaged like 5.2 YPC...with Jordan Black playing LT for pretty much the whole season...Priest Holmes was the "starter" that year and was averaging something like 3.7 YPC...

That line was still above average with Roaf hurt and Vermeil still around...but still, he was a phenomenal runner that year with some offensive creativity and a competent line.

Our line is just ballsack now...everything we thought we knew about last year and the "gimmick" offense (Albert) is just an unknown...

Blick
09-15-2009, 10:15 AM
I think it would help LJ if we showed more variety in the run game. I don't remember us running any counters or stretch plays. We also didn't run very many toss plays or off tackle plays, if I remember correctly. I don't understand why we don't try to run to the left side more...or run things to take advantage of Albert's athleticism. I think the only toss play we ran went to the right side, and Ray Lewis dumped LJ in the backfield for a 4 yard loss.

HemiEd
09-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Battle should have been given a chance on Sunday.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Battle should have been given a chance on Sunday.

There's a reason he wasn't.

The game plan was all about ball security.

HemiEd
09-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Will LJ cry or slap Haley, when Haley totally pwns his ass?

Where is the spit option?

Earthling
09-15-2009, 11:44 AM
If LJ gets more than 3 yards on any play I am happily stunned these days.

Buehler445
09-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Where is the spit option?

Circle button.

HemiEd
09-15-2009, 12:17 PM
There's a reason he wasn't.

The game plan was all about ball security.

Well they certainly improved on that, from the preseason, that is for sure.

CoMoChief
09-15-2009, 12:19 PM
We will probably try and trade LJ after the season should he improve and raise he value.....whatever left of it he may have.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Well they certainly improved on that, from the preseason, that is for sure.

They did. And not playing Battle factors into that. Sorry, but that's the line on the guy until he proves otherwise.

That being said, I absolutely love the intensity he brings on ST coverage, he's always downfield and he's gotten a couple of already.

CaliforniaChief
09-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Does anyone with ESPN Insider know what they have in the article entitled on the NFL front page "Rumors: LJ no longer the 'Roc' in KC"???

HemiEd
09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
They did. And not playing Battle factors into that. Sorry, but that's the line on the guy until he proves otherwise.

That being said, I absolutely love the intensity he brings on ST coverage, he's always downfield and he's gotten a couple of already.

Agreed, and he sure seems to make something positive happen when trying to run the ball.
Well, when he holds on to the ball he does. I can't help but think he would have out performed LJ on Sunday.

DaWolf
09-15-2009, 12:50 PM
LJ is one of those guys you have to keep feeding the ball to. It would also help if we showed a passing game to get people to back off. We gotta block better as well. It's a lot of factors. I highly doubt you'd be seeing increased production simply by plugging another guy in there under current circumstances...

SDChiefs
09-15-2009, 01:02 PM

450 carries 2300 yds and 35 TD's

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
450 carries 2300 yds and 35 TD's

"This post is brought to you in part by Crack".

"Crack; you're smoking it".

SDChiefs
09-15-2009, 01:15 PM
When Larry was considered "elite", the Chiefs had arguably one of the most talented Offinsive lines in the ENTIRE history of the NFL.
If your line can open a golf cart-sized hole 8 times out of 10, you could put Fred Taylor in the backfield, TODAY, and he would look like God in shoulder pads.

That elite line MADE Larry Johnson. And now that it's gone, the true look of LJ's mettle can be seen by all.

Now the other day, an opinion was given to me regarding LJ "being cranky" when he's not getting his desired results on the field, and said condition causing him to get discouraged and effect his performance. **** his "cranky"! That is utterly unprofessional. The Chiefs are not paying this asshole to be "cranky", they are paying him to be a warrior, and to make plays happen.
I know we have a bad line. But let me let you in on a little secret; the Chiefs O-line has been THEE scapegoat ever since I began following this team 11 years ago. And I'm willing to bet it will continue to be so long after LJ is gone.

Which God willing, will be sooner rather than later.

You put Adrian Peterson behind this line and he would rush for 3 ypc. A running back NEEDS an OLine. Its like what good is a bullet without a gun. Their job is to open holes for the back and make sure the QB doesn't get killed. They aren't skilled players and its not a tough job. Just follow assignments. I watched the whole game on Sunday and the pocket collapsed in 2 seconds or less. And that was with 3 and 4 man rushes. When they sent the house Brodie got killed.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Agreed, and he sure seems to make something positive happen when trying to run the ball.
Well, when he holds on to the ball he does. I can't help but think he would have out performed LJ on Sunday.

He's a good blocker too.

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Does anyone with ESPN Insider know what they have in the article entitled on the NFL front page "Rumors: LJ no longer the 'Roc' in KC"???

Probably JayZ cut him lose because he doesn't want a guy with no skills representing his company.

DeezNutz
09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Probably JayZ cut him lose because he doesn't want a guy with no skills representing his company.

LMAO

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Maybe I should explain that.

Roc = the diamond-shaped gesture LJ used to make after a TD = Rocawear, a clothing company started by Jay-Z.

Back when he was good, LJ was hanging out in NYC and partying with Jay-Z and he got in to the Rocawear thing as an endorsement deal, I believe.

Anyway, I'm guessing Jay-Z has seen him play lately...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
You put Adrian Peterson behind this line and he would rush for 3 ypc. A running back NEEDS an OLine. Its like what good is a bullet without a gun. Their job is to open holes for the back and make sure the QB doesn't get killed. They aren't skilled players and its not a tough job. Just follow assignments. I watched the whole game on Sunday and the pocket collapsed in 2 seconds or less. And that was with 3 and 4 man rushes. When they sent the house Brodie got killed.

Adrian Peterson would fight for every inch he got. THAT is the difference. THAT is what we're talking about here.

Adrian is gonna' GET his yards! Adrian, is not going to run outside, see one defender keeping him two yards from a first down, and try to beat him to the sideline in an effort to keep from getting hit.
Adrian, is going to turn north, lower his shoulder, and try his damndest to RUN THAT MOTHERFUCKER OVER AND MAKE A PLAY FOR HIS TEAM.

Adrian takes pride in his team, and he doesn't want to let them down because he's a winner. A competitor. A man completely miserable if he fails, and a man who won't stop until he succeeds.
In other words, a running back who currently resides 180 degrees from Larry Johnson.

ThaVirus
09-15-2009, 01:24 PM
I think it would help LJ if we showed more variety in the run game. I don't remember us running any counters or stretch plays. We also didn't run very many toss plays or off tackle plays, if I remember correctly. I don't understand why we don't try to run to the left side more...or run things to take advantage of Albert's athleticism. I think the only toss play we ran went to the right side, and Ray Lewis dumped LJ in the backfield for a 4 yard loss.

I honestly can't remember the last time we ran a successful sweep or toss. Our line just isn't able to open up a lane these days...

SDChiefs
09-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Adrian Peterson would fight for every inch he got. THAT is the difference. THAT is what we're talking about here.

Adrian is gonna' GET his yards! Adrian, is not going to run outside, see one defender keeping him two yards from a first down, and try to beat him to the sideline in an effort to keep from getting hit.
Adrian, is going to turn north, lower his shoulder, and try his damndest to RUN THAT MOTHER****ER OVER AND MAKE A PLAY FOR HIS TEAM.

Adrian takes pride in his team, and he doesn't want to let them down because he's a winner. A competitor. A man completely miserable if he fails, and a man who won't stop until he succeeds.
In other words, a running back who currently resides 180 degrees from Larry Johnson.

I seen several plays where LJ fought for extra yards. But a back can only do so much when they are hit in the back field every play by multiple people. It looked like an All Madden DLine versus a Div 5 High School OLine. It was pathetic.

Red Dawg
09-15-2009, 01:37 PM
LJ has looked slow. The has been bad but he can't get to the corner no bloacking will help him. he mys be able to get around the end faster that LB's and DE's

htismaqe
09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
I seen several plays where LJ fought for extra yards. But a back can only do so much when they are hit in the back field every play by multiple people. It looked like an All Madden DLine versus a Div 5 High School OLine. It was pathetic.

LJ doesn't look better than the other 2 back right behind him on the depth chart.

The O-line may be awful, but people are using it to shift blame.