PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Gleen Beck : Is he trying to take over the country ?

ROYC75
09-17-2009, 11:37 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090917/us_time/08599192434800
Mad Man: Is Glenn Beck Bad for America?

A Very Long Read, But good one to read.

HonestChieffan
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Hes very very bright, the left cannot deal with him and people are learning a lot on many fronts from GB. He can come off mad as a houserat but you cannot fault the content he delivers.

ROYC75
09-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Problem with the left is , he is dead on with almost everything he says. He really throws a monkey wrench ( no pun intended for the sensitive )into their system.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2009, 11:52 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L6C6E6ayh4U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L6C6E6ayh4U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Reaper16
09-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Hes very very bright, the left cannot deal with him and people are learning a lot on many fronts from GB. He can come off mad as a houserat but you cannot fault the content he delivers.

Problem with the left is , he is dead on with almost everything he says. He really throws a monkey wrench ( no pun intended for the sensitive )into their system.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/2vjso51jpg.gif

Donger
09-17-2009, 11:59 AM
I've only seen his show twice, and I couldn't finish watching both times.

Brock
09-17-2009, 12:11 PM

He's pretty good at making stupid people believe things.

Chief Henry
09-17-2009, 12:20 PM

Are you talking about Obama or Jimmy Carter ? Obama had a lot of stupid people voting for him last November.

Lzen
09-17-2009, 12:20 PM

Example?

Lzen
09-17-2009, 12:21 PM
<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/largeplayer011008/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='undefined' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=011008&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=Glenn Beck&referralObject=9656740&referralParentPlaylistId=f2fbb2b0c994bbf2ba24f62ab95c596f8bd98bbc&referralPlaylistId=f909db77f0ad31bbfd35cb7e6a04f50204809c04' />

Brock
09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Example?

Like for example when he told everybody that visiting the cash for clunkers website gave the government the right to sieze your computer at any time in the future and a lot of dummies here and everywhere believed it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

|Zach|
09-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I haven't listened to Take Over in forever...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FAnGnevKxJE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FAnGnevKxJE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brock
09-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Are you talking about Obama or Jimmy Carter ? Obama had a lot of stupid people voting for him last November.

When I refer to stupid people, I refer in this instance to people who believe everything Glen Beck says.

thecoffeeguy
09-17-2009, 12:24 PM
So, he provides people with information that our government is doing, and that is wrong?

No wonder Obama and his cronies dont like him. He is telling the American people what REALLY is going on.

|Zach|
09-17-2009, 12:26 PM
So, he provides people with information that our government is doing

Yes, that is what he does. /thread

PunkinDrublic
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
So the people who are afraid that Obama is a muslim are following a guy who follows an even wackier religion in mormonism.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 12:28 PM

After Obama's last speech on NHC, a Facebook friend from high school posed the question of "What Did You Think of Obama's Speech?".

I swear to God, I'm not lying. One of her friends said "I don't know but I can't wait to hear what Glenn Beck has to say about it!".

JFC.

:shake:

It's my opinion that these political talk show hosts are tearing this country apart.

One both sides.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
After Obama's last speech on NHC, a Facebook friend from high school posed the question of "What Did You Think of Obama's Speech?".

I swear to God, I'm not lying. One of her friends said "I don't know but I can't wait to hear what Glenn Beck has to say about it!".

JFC.

It's my opinion that these political talk show hosts are tearing this country apart.

One both sides.

Nah it's just serious rhetoric meant to push people hard line in one direction where we should all be issues based and not hey this guy sucks but he's with my party so i'll just listen to exclusively said idiot and no one else.

Inspector
09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
I watched him a couple of times after reading what some folks here have said.

Not sure about him as a person or TV personality but he has shown a few videos that were interesting.

I figure if I see a video of someone saying something or doing something, it probably doesn't matter who actually aired the video. It is what it is. And if the person showing it says bad or good things about what is on the video, that doesn't really impact what I get from watching it.

That said, he has brought some interesting things to light by airing a few things - regardless of anything he might say.

He could lie about others, I suppose, but what I have seen with my eyes is hard for me to dispute.

Does that make me a zionist or a NTSWBT? (never sure about that last thing)

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2009, 12:42 PM
I watched him a couple of times after reading what some folks here have said.

Not sure about him as a person or TV personality but he has shown a few videos that were interesting.

I figure if I see a video of someone saying something or doing something, it probably doesn't matter who actually aired the video. It is what it is. And if the person showing it says bad or good things about what is on the video, that doesn't really impact what I get from watching it.

That said, he has brought some interesting things to light by airing a few things - regardless of anything he might say.

He could lie about others, I suppose, but what I have seen with my eyes is hard for me to dispute.

Does that make me a zionist or a NTSWBT? (never sure about that last thing)

Well for starters he was FOR the Banker bailout and stated that we should have thrown more money at them that should discount the guy as a shill. Don't get me wrong he does say a lot of things i agree with but then lumps in the very same people he tries to represent as terrorists.

ROYC75
09-17-2009, 12:44 PM

JFC.

One both sides.

Both sides are trying to gain control, something many of us Americans have no desire to see this happen. Whatever happened to a happy medium ?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Both sides are trying to gain control, something many of us Americans have no desire to see this happen. Whatever happened to a happy medium ?

Steroid filled Hot Dogs, GMO Apple Pie and Government Motors.

Inspector
09-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Well for starters he was FOR the Banker bailout and stated that we should have thrown more money at them that should discount the guy as a shill. Don't get me wrong he does say a lot of things i agree with but then lumps in the very same people he tries to represent as terrorists.

Wow...yeah, I only watched his show a couple of times so I don't know much about him. We're not much for watching TV at our house, except for Chiefs games of course.

Good info man. Thanks!

|Zach|
09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Whatever happened to a happy medium ?
Is that what you are in support of?

ROYC75
09-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Is that what you are in support of?

Bi-partisan ? For the good of the country and not the party ? Then Yes, I am very much.

As for yourself ?

|Zach|
09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Then Yes, I am very much.

You sure?

Taco John
09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Glen Beck is a demagogue, in the purest sense of the word. He delivers his message in a way that tugs on deep rooted emotions of the conservative mindset. I would equate him as the Michael Moore of the right, more than another Rush Limbaugh. He knows exactly where the conservative emotional fault lines are in any story, and is particularly good at "combo punches."

Unfortunately, he thinks that he's a Libertarian. It's more accurate to say that he leans libertarian, but often lets his fear get the best of him, and runs for authoritarian cover. Glen Beck is not afraid to violate people rights in instances where he feels fear. And he'll tell you as much - he feels that his fear, or maybe he would call it "danger" is justification for violating civil rights. Unfortunately, his exceptional ability to convey emotion also includes the conveyance of his fears.

I used to listen to the guy prior to 9/11, but after 9/11, I couldn't handle listening to him anymore. He was an up and comer anyway - I always knew that he was going to be wildly popular - but the advantage he took of 9/11 didn't sit so well with me. I don't believe that 9/11 made him, because I have believed since way back when that he would eclipse Rush Limbaugh some day - but I do believe that he capitalized on 9/11.

Also, I think that he's a judgemental prick. But look at me... I just made a judgement about him. Oh well.

Jenson71
09-17-2009, 01:01 PM

When was the last happy medium?

Taco John
09-17-2009, 01:05 PM

Reagan.

Hmm.... Maybe Clinton, though he didn't have as much, uh, reddog? support as Reagan had blue.

Inspector
09-17-2009, 01:06 PM

We went to the Outback restaraunt a couple of weeks ago.

My steak was a medium, although it may not have been happy about it.

RJ
09-17-2009, 01:06 PM

Edgar Cayce?

I'm not sure if he was a happy medium. Maybe more like a contented medium.

ROYC75
09-17-2009, 01:08 PM

Ya know, I don't recall at this time. I am currently trying to get ready for a funeral and I have to stop work now, so that means I have to put the PC away for awhile.

FTR, it has bee a good while since we could really say that the politicians put country first before parties. Too much power hungry , control freak politicians have allowed us to reach this point today.

It has to stop.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Ya know, I don't recall at this time. I am currently trying to get ready for a funeral and I have to stop work now, so that means I have to put the PC away for awhile.

FTR, it has bee a good while since we could really say that the politicians put country first before parties. Too much power hungry , control freak politicians have allowed us to reach this point today.

It has to stop.

I agree and we'll see ya soon pal! :)

RaiderH8r
09-17-2009, 01:13 PM
So the people who are afraid that Obama is a muslim are following a guy who follows an even wackier religion in mormonism.

Except I can't remember the last time Donnie and Marie hijacked a plane, or went on a suicide bombing, or strapped explosives onto a retard to kill innocents in an effort to advance that whacky Mormon theology. But I'm not very well versed on stuff like that so someone here can surely correct me.

PunkinDrublic
09-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Except I can't remember the last time Donnie and Marie hijacked a plane, or went on a suicide bombing, or strapped explosives onto a retard to kill innocents in an effort to advance that whacky Mormon theology. But I'm not very well versed on stuff like that so someone here can surely correct me.

It's because Mormon leaders are too busy marrying underaged girls that they've knocked up. What a great faith.

Inspector
09-17-2009, 01:18 PM

You don't remember that? Man, it was all over the news. I think they used their teeth. Marie even had a baby while she was holding the pilot hostage.

Donnie and Marie freak me out.

VAChief
09-17-2009, 05:26 PM
I've only seen his show twice, and I couldn't finish watching both times.

Common ground at last! :)

googlegoogle
09-17-2009, 08:12 PM
When I refer to stupid people, I refer in this instance to people who believe everything Glen Beck says.

Glen goes by the Constitution.

Of course you wouldn't like him. :shake:

Brock
09-17-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't know what you mean by he "goes by the constitution", but I know for a fact that he tells lies on his program and stupid people lap it up.

googlegoogle
09-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't know what you mean by he "goes by the constitution", but I know for a fact that he tells lies on his program and stupid people lap it up.

we would like to hear those lies.

Brock
09-17-2009, 08:44 PM
we would like to hear those lies.

I already pointed one out. Try reading the thread.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM

Glenn Beck would never lie, he's so genuine and sincere. :rolleyes:

patteeu
09-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Like for example when he told everybody that visiting the cash for clunkers website gave the government the right to sieze your computer at any time in the future and a lot of dummies here and everywhere believed it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Whether he was right or not about that (and I'm not in a position to judge), he did get the government to change the language of their disclaimer.

patteeu
09-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Glen Beck is a demagogue, in the purest sense of the word. He delivers his message in a way that tugs on deep rooted emotions of the conservative mindset. I would equate him as the Michael Moore of the right, more than another Rush Limbaugh. He knows exactly where the conservative emotional fault lines are in any story, and is particularly good at "combo punches."

Unfortunately, he thinks that he's a Libertarian. It's more accurate to say that he leans libertarian, but often lets his fear get the best of him, and runs for authoritarian cover. Glen Beck is not afraid to violate people rights in instances where he feels fear. And he'll tell you as much - he feels that his fear, or maybe he would call it "danger" is justification for violating civil rights. Unfortunately, his exceptional ability to convey emotion also includes the conveyance of his fears.

I used to listen to the guy prior to 9/11, but after 9/11, I couldn't handle listening to him anymore. He was an up and comer anyway - I always knew that he was going to be wildly popular - but the advantage he took of 9/11 didn't sit so well with me. I don't believe that 9/11 made him, because I have believed since way back when that he would eclipse Rush Limbaugh some day - but I do believe that he capitalized on 9/11.

Also, I think that he's a judgemental prick. But look at me... I just made a judgement about him. Oh well.

I agree with most of this except:
I don't think he'll eclipse Rush Limbaugh in the foreseeable future
I think he is a libertarian, he's just not a wacky, freedom-to-the-point-of-suicide libertarian

Saulbadguy
09-18-2009, 06:47 AM
I have come to the hasty conclusion that you have to be a god damned moron to watch any kind of television program where a talking head tells you what to believe about the government.

googlegoogle
09-18-2009, 02:16 PM

The wording was there. He didn't make up anything.

The government website was mislabeled

http://antivirus.about.com/b/2009/08/11/does-cash-for-clunkers-want-to-possess-your-pc.htm

no.4 comment.

BucEyedPea
09-18-2009, 02:47 PM
I think he is a libertarian, he's just not a wacky, freedom-to-the-point-of-suicide libertarian[/list]

Well that is a libertarian. So Beck isn't one and there's too many that think they are that aren't. It's a big tent with different kinds of the strain but the common denominator is they eschew the aggression doctrine. Beck doesn't so he isn't a libertarian.

DJ's left nut
09-18-2009, 03:28 PM
I like Beck, but you really have to have an internal filter to take any value from him.

If you listen and parrot, you'll come off as a whacko. He says some stuff that is completely beyond the pail, I believe for the sake of entertainment/ratings.

At the same time, he often provides some very insightful information and gets his hands on some pretty sensitive stuff.

If you listen critically, there's a lot to be taken from Beck. If you don't, he's simply the right's version of Keith Olbermann.

Reaper16
09-18-2009, 03:32 PM
I like Beck, but you really have to have an internal filter to take any value from him.

If you listen and parrot, you'll come off as a whacko. He says some stuff that is completely beyond the pail, I believe for the sake of entertainment/ratings.

At the same time, he often provides some very insightful information and gets his hands on some pretty sensitive stuff.

If you listen critically, there's a lot to be taken from Beck. If you don't, he's simply the right's version of Keith Olbermann.
Could you invert the names Beck and Olbermann in that post and end up with the same meaning?

DJ's left nut
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Could you invert the names Beck and Olbermann in that post and end up with the same meaning?

Except that Olbermann has never really presented much in the way of raw information.

Beck will oftentimes present unedited or unvarnished information. He will then add his own commentary to it, and that's where he goes off the rails.

Olbermann, on the other hand, is essentially a pure commentator and spin doctor, IMO.

So I don't believe you have the same animals from different sides. I think Beck provides some value if viewed with a skeptics eye, Olbermann doesn't provide value in any capacity that I have ever seen. He's pretty much just a snarky prick that spends his time belittling detractors. At least Jon Stewart is funny and doesn't take himself so seriously. Olbermann thinks he's some kind of Edward R. Murrow clone.

googlegoogle
09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Except that Olbermann has never really presented much in the way of raw information.

Beck will oftentimes present unedited or unvarnished information. He will then add his own commentary to it, and that's where he goes off the rails.

Olbermann, on the other hand, is essentially a pure commentator and spin doctor, IMO.

So I don't believe you have the same animals from different sides. I think Beck provides some value if viewed with a skeptics eye, Olbermann doesn't provide value in any capacity that I have ever seen. He's pretty much just a snarky prick that spends his time belittling detractors. At least Jon Stewart is funny and doesn't take himself so seriously. Olbermann thinks he's some kind of Edward R. Murrow clone.

Like Van Jones being a radical. He was actually a normal person with mainstream thoughts.

PRIEST
09-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Glenn Beck would never lie, he's so genuine and sincere. :rolleyes:

THIS

Brock
09-18-2009, 04:59 PM
The wording was there. He didn't make up anything.

The government website was mislabeled

http://antivirus.about.com/b/2009/08/11/does-cash-for-clunkers-want-to-possess-your-pc.htm

no.4 comment.

That applied to dealer submitted transactions only, and only a dolt would have ever thought otherwise. Oh, wait, only a dolt and his loyal listeners did.

VAChief
09-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Or Charles Manson. Crazy is crazy despite a few nuggets of truth.

googlegoogle
09-18-2009, 10:12 PM
That applied to dealer submitted transactions only, and only a dolt would have ever thought otherwise. Oh, wait, only a dolt and his loyal listeners did.

it was later changed by the government. It wasn't understood to be just for dealers.

And why was the wording of 'taking over computers' in there?

Beck didn't make a weeks worth of shows about it.

Just shows how far libs like you will go to try and prove a point that is false.

Terribilis
09-18-2009, 10:30 PM
its times like this we need a little Beck on healthcare!!

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

stevieray
09-19-2009, 12:37 AM
and his next best seller is titled arguing with idiots..

we argue..he's smart enough to make money off of it...

beck pwns the forum. again.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Up here in liberal land there is quite a stir about him getting a key to the city of Mount Vernon, WA, where he is from. And yes, the NAACP is involved.

Cannibal
09-19-2009, 08:22 AM
its times like this we need a little Beck on healthcare!!

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX1rLv_hNeI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

God he is the epitome of uber douche.

Reaper16
09-19-2009, 11:53 AM
and his next best seller is titled arguing with idiots..

we argue..he's smart enough to make money off of it...

beck pwns the forum. again.
More like "Providing Arguments For Idiots."

stevieray
09-19-2009, 01:42 PM
More like "Providing Arguments For Idiots."

more like money instead of rep.

Brock
09-19-2009, 05:35 PM
it was later changed by the government. It wasn't understood to be just for dealers.

And why was the wording of 'taking over computers' in there?

Beck didn't make a weeks worth of shows about it.

Just shows how far libs like you will go to try and prove a point that is false.

Yeah, I'm a "lib" ROFL because I recognize lies when I see them. You're an idiot marching in lockstep with other idiots.

WilliamTheIrish
09-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I'm a "lib" ROFL because I recognize lies when I see them. You're an idiot marching in lockstep with other idiots.

Awesome. Welcome to the club, "lib".

patteeu
09-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Well that is a libertarian. So Beck isn't one and there's too many that think they are that aren't. It's a big tent with different kinds of the strain but the common denominator is they eschew the aggression doctrine. Beck doesn't so he isn't a libertarian.

I know you *think* that's what a libertarian is, but it's a ridiculously extreme position to take.