PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN "Expert" Picks Week 2

Buck
09-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Most of them picked the Raiders.

Eric Allen, Mike Golic, Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter, Mark Sclereth, Seth Wickersham, and Pigskin Pick 'em chose the Raiders

Merrill Hoge, Ron Jaworski, and Accuscore picked the Chiefs

CaliforniaChief
09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Accuscore, FTW!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2009, 01:34 PM
It's basically a pick-em game. Chiefs' edge is due only to HFA.

TrickyNicky
09-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow, I can't believe only 2 picked the cards.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2009, 01:39 PM

I can.

ModSocks
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah, that chart is kinda...deee deee deee.

All of a sudden SF is some powerhouse that's gonna drop Seattle, despite the fact that seattle has looked great, and when did Jax become a good team?

ModSocks
09-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I can.

I don't think AZ is a great team, but Jax is that decidedly better? Come on.....

CaliforniaChief
09-17-2009, 01:46 PM
2nd week games are always tough to pick because there's so much weight put on week 1, which often produces a lot of anomalies and home field performances, instead of a rational look at the overall strength of each roster.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't think AZ is a great team, but Jax is that decidedly better? Come on.....

Could be schedule? It's early yet, but from pre season on, the Cards offense has been flat.

MMXcalibur
09-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Geez...I was picking the Jaguars as my sleeper upset pick in my Pick-Em league. I wonder if maybe the Cardinals are the upset pick.

vailpass
09-17-2009, 02:13 PM

AZ's road record against Eastern teams is something like 1-8 over the last couple of years and that 1 win was in the playoffs. They are atrocious in the far time zone.

Mile High Mania
09-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Jaws had the fewest wins from week 1... and he chose the Chiefs this week and was the only one to choose the Browns over Denver. Sweet.

SenselessChiefsFan
09-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Jaws had the fewest wins from week 1... and he chose the Chiefs this week and was the only one to choose the Browns over Denver. Sweet.

Oh noes....

DMAC
09-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I dont see how the Donkos are going to beat the Browns.

Chiefnj2
09-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah, that chart is kinda...deee deee deee.

All of a sudden SF is some powerhouse that's gonna drop Seattle, despite the fact that seattle has looked great, and when did Jax become a good team?

SF won 4 of their last 5 to end the 2008 season, plus an upset win on the road against AZ. Singletary may have turned them around. It should be a really good game.

CaliforniaChief
09-17-2009, 02:23 PM

Really? I actually think the Broncos will win handily, myself.

vailpass
09-17-2009, 02:25 PM

As a prognosticator Jaws is a hell of a commentator.

Brock
09-17-2009, 02:25 PM

Neither of them are good, so it looks like a tossup to me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Me neither. Something tells me the Browns might possibly be playing above the "PT Barnum Fucklestick Football Circus"-level that the donks and the bungs showed last week.

Where's that highlight film again? Ah yes! Here it is:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBqNlTudqkQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dBqNlTudqkQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chiefnj2
09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Cleveland had a lead against Minnesota at the half. It shows they had some decent preparation before Peterson ripped them apart.

Chief Faithful
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm surprised at the lack of support for Philly and Houston.

DaneMcCloud
09-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Cleveland had a lead against Minnesota at the half. It shows they had some decent preparation before Peterson ripped them apart.

We're fortunate the Chiefs don't face the Vikings this year.

Peterson might get 500 yards on his own.

Mr. Laz
09-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Jaws loves us!!

keg in kc
09-17-2009, 02:58 PM
We're

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo

keg in kc
09-17-2009, 02:59 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

keg in kc
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

keg in kc
ed

Buck
09-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Damnit, i was going to put "uche bags"

keg in kc
09-17-2009, 03:01 PM
He who hesitates is lost.

ModSocks
09-17-2009, 03:02 PM
We're fortunate the Chiefs don't face the Vikings this year.

Peterson might get 500 yards on his own.

We'll see 'em in the Super Bowl

notorious
09-17-2009, 03:07 PM
We'll see 'em in the Super Bowl

In that case AD's great, great, great grandson will rip us for 500 yards.

Frazod
09-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Damn, there's some tough picks this week.

Buehler445
09-17-2009, 04:07 PM
In that case AD's great, great, great grandson will rip us for 500 yards.

ROFL brutal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Halfcan
09-17-2009, 04:19 PM
how could Anyone under Any circumstance Ever pick the fuggin Faders to win Anything??

Ugly Duck
09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Raiders favored to win at Arrowhead? Wow... thats been a long time coming...

KC Jones
09-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Having watched our game and theirs, I'd pick the Raiders too. If they lose it will likely be because they made mistakes, not because we're a better football team.

donkhater
09-18-2009, 06:25 AM
I was watching AFC Playbook on the NFL network last night, and they were talking about how KC might have a chance to steal one from the Raiders. Steal one? From the Raiders? This is 2009, right?

TEX
09-18-2009, 06:30 AM
I was watching AFC Playbook on the NFL network last night, and they were talking about how KC might have a chance to steal one from the Raiders. Steal one? From the Raiders? This is 2009, right?

Sadly, the Raiders are more talented than KC almost everywhere across the board. They present a bad matchup for the Chiefs. However, I believe we have the edge in coaching and neither team knows how to win so it's anyone's game.

KC Jones
09-18-2009, 06:55 AM

If we don't place dead last in the West, it will either be an amazing bit of luck or a coaching miracle. We are that bad from a talent perspective. I'm not sure how many of our linemen are legitimate NFL starters.

Chiefnj2
09-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Cassel only had 19 pass attempts all preseason. He hasn't taken a live game snap since Chan was fired. It could be an ugly day for him.

htismaqe
09-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Sadly, the Raiders are more talented than KC almost everywhere across the board. They present a bad matchup for the Chiefs. However, I believe we have the edge in coaching and neither team knows how to win so it's anyone's game.

It doesn't matter if the Raiders are more talented. Until they prove that they're not a train wreck full of mental midgets, they're not the BETTER team.

KCDC
09-18-2009, 08:02 AM
It doesn't matter if the Raiders are more talented. Until they prove that they're not a train wreck full of mental midgets, they're not the BETTER team.

That, and Al has destroyed their cap space by huge contracts to free agents like Hall and Walker that were cut, and handing out lavish contracts to his draft picks. So, Oakland doesn't have the cap room to get better -- in sharp contrast to the Chiefs, who only get players at garage sales. Still, we are able to afford a marquee free agent at any time.

So, Oakland has peaked, and we have room to get better, in theory.

RINGLEADER
09-18-2009, 09:47 AM
I think with Cassel and Flowers -- if the Chiefs play mistake-free football -- they win this week.

LaChapelle
09-18-2009, 10:46 AM
The ones claiming the Chiefs will get slammed Sunday. Will be the ones crying the loudest if they lose by 1 point. They JITP to bitch.

Chiefnj2
09-18-2009, 10:48 AM
That, and Al has destroyed their cap space by huge contracts to free agents like Hall and Walker that were cut, and handing out lavish contracts to his draft picks. So, Oakland doesn't have the cap room to get better -- in sharp contrast to the Chiefs, who only get players at garage sales. Still, we are able to afford a marquee free agent at any time.

So, Oakland has peaked, and we have room to get better, in theory.

Those cap problems are going to hurt them next year when the season is uncapped.

DaWolf
09-18-2009, 11:06 AM

The Raiders are usually more "talented" than us any year. The difference has been over the last 20 years that they have been sloppy and undisciplined and we have capitalized on that.

If the Raiders run the ball on us and we don't pressure Russell, we have zero chance to win...

htismaqe
09-18-2009, 11:36 AM
The Raiders are usually more "talented" than us any year. The difference has been over the last 20 years that they have been sloppy and undisciplined and we have capitalized on that.

I agree.

If the Raiders run the ball on us and we don't pressure Russell, we have zero chance to win...

I don't agree.

First of all, if they run the ball well, pressure isn't gonna matter because they won't really have to pass. But more importantly, as we saw last week, they could rack up all kinds of yards and we could still win.

Certainly it decreases our chances to win, but I wouldn't ever say they are zero.